Duskbound (A Fantasy Roleplay) [Sign-Ups + Discussion]

No, there is no system! There’s no turns :) Just post whenever you feel fit!

I’m gonna make a post today too in a few hours when I finish my work!

Reactions: Dan
No, there is no system! There’s no turns :) Just post whenever you feel fit!

I’m gonna make a post today too in a few hours when I finish my work!
Okay! I was wondering this for a day or so. Thanks for clarifying ^^

Y'all can finish up your interactions and conversations and whatnot if you want, now. Like I mentioned before, the execution will be taking place soon, so if your characters want to go ahead to town square to prepare to watch that, you can. If not, you don't have to, but it'll be at this point in the role-play where the story will essentially start now :)

I'm also in the middle of making a Lore section in the first post of this thread, as well as a map of Arandia. So if you guys want to add in your own towns and cities and whatnot, let me know! I'll put it on the first post of this thread, in the Lore section when its done :0

Hey no worries! I understand we all have lived haha :)

Also, Bygones, it was actually Hainer’s grandfather with him, not his father Kareev! :)

That’s okay! It happens :) if anytime you guys feel like your posts won’t be long enough, just let me know, and you can wait a bit for the others or for me to post so you can add more to yours! Likewise, I’ll try to crack out a post today, probably tonight!

I've posted! You guys can all post in regards to the execution, and that will conclude the chapter. I was going to make the post even longer, however, I figured I could keep it for the beginning of the next chapter. For the record, don't have your characters leave the town square yet, the second chapter will pick up right where this one ends, and the mayor will say a few things before everyone can leave.

Name
Conrí Doran

Appearance
Conrí is described as a rather simple built young man. The shape of his body is more triangular than anything else with an hourglass type build to him. Broad shoulders and wide hips, however his build is not quite muscular but instead a slender form standing at the grand height of 5'8. As stated before his features resemble triangles, meaning he's got many sharp curves and edges. Messy copper brown hair shapes his sharp facial features well, however Conrí tends to keep his hair unkept and it tends to bounce in all sorts of directions. At times Conrí even lets his hair grow out to beyond his ears, making him look like an orphan boy that doesn't know how to cut his hair properly. Sometimes if his family bickers at him enough he'll cut his hair, though Conrí has never been seen with nicely kept hair that doesn't bounce all over the place.

Skin tone matches his family heritage, pale. Conrí tends to stand out in the crowd due to his light copper hair matching his pale skin, in addition with his blueberry eyes. He isn't considered the most dashing man in all of Arandia, though he isn't all bad either way. As you can tell with his messy unkempt hair he doesn't care much about his appearance often having stubble on his face which often grows wildly into a full blown beard. But often than not he tries to keep up with his facial hair in keeping it clean cut. Don't be surprised to see Conrí with dirt smudges on his face or even a small cut, for he regularly gets into fights or places he shouldn't be.

Matching his careless attitude for his looks he can be found in casual or dirty clothing. He's the type of person that's found in the same clothing pretty much everyday. Of course he cares about hygiene, therefore he switches between around three sets of clothing. Two sets look practically identical. Two long sleeved white shirts, one hasn't aged well and has turned a rather creamy almost pale brown color. What he adds onto these two shirts are leather vests. Meanwhile all three sets use the same basic style of tan pants with some of the finest leather boots. His final set is just a basic leather tunic that he prefers to wear over the leather vests and white shirts.

Personality
Despite being apart of one of the largest most well known shoemaking families Conrí isn't well known about. Some people are ashamed of knowing such a man, one that doesn't take proper care of himself and one that has a snarky attitude. Most of the time Conrí is found getting himself into trouble, whether that be fighting a complete stranger in the nearby tavern or getting caught with the Church's donations in his back pocket heading straight for the door. He always pushes the limits, of how far he can go, how long it'll take to annoy someone, what things he can get away with, pretty much anything. In fact, he takes joy in pushing other people to their limits. Which is probably one reason why people prefer not to know him at all.

Being a rebellious type of person he rebels against his family name and the Church. He's the outcast of his family. Being a natural born explorer and a curious one at that, he prefers to spend his days roaming the streets of Ivesburg instead of taking up his family's job, shoe making. Having no job and running around town kinda makes him the outcast of the bunch. His entire family supports the Church and would give up their lives for the Church without any hesitation. Conrí on the other hand, is suspicious of the Church and doesn't exactly believe in "Miracles". He's the type of person that has to see it to believe it, and even then would assume it's the devil's work.

Conrí also takes pride in his storytelling and is usually found at the taverns at night telling stories or even singing for the townsfolk. Most of his stories are nothing but his imagination, though some are local legends his father or strangers have told him. It takes a while for Conrí to warm up to anyone, he prefers to just enjoy life and not take everything so personal. It's a rare sight to see him talking dead serious to someone, this only happens when he really trusts the person. Conrí is actually a rather emotional type of fellow, and prefers to run away and hide from his emotions and not deal with it headon. Thus he deals with danger and stupid decisions instead of his emotions.

Background
Being born and raised in the Willows helped add that rebellious spark in Conrí. His family wasn't exactly wealthy in the slightest of bit. His mother, Bridget, was disowned by her family that lived just outside of Ivesburg on a small farm. Conrí's grandparents were disappointed that Bridget had married and started a family with an urchin boy that worked as a miner in "Moradi Quarry". Thus the family had no choice but to move to the Willows with their two children, Conrí and Erin.

It wasn't until Conrí turned 10 years old did his mother die. His younger sister, Erin, was 4 at the time. However both Conrí and his father, Willard, were very attached to Bridget. Conrí still to this day hasn't fully recovered from seeing his mother in the kitchen floor with this powdery stuff all over her face and knocked down table. His mother was addicted to Salva, which wasn't much of a surprise when it came to the Willows. She had died from overdosing on Salva, and of course Conrí found her first.

After the death of their mother they moved to the Hive district, looking for a better life there. Their father remarried a fairly wealthy woman at that. However Conrí's new step-mother and step-sister were ok for the time being they were obsessed with the Dawn Church's teachings, eventually converting Erin and Willard. Conrí's new step-family were Corwin, meaning they were apart of the largest shoe making family business in Ivesburg. His father of course changed his surname to Corwin, which was smart considering his past. Erin and Conrí became the odd ones out, though even Erin had started getting into magic within the Dawn Church. Thus leaving Conrí, the one that didn't accept the religion or the family business.

Magic
N / A

Weapon
Picking up on a few swordsman skills he prefers to use hand-to-hand combat that he had taught himself and received few tips on. However he does carry a simple combat knife, which is used only when necessary.

Other
I imagine it's possible overdosing on Salva, but if not his mother died from health concerns due to Salva.

Kayden, your character is accepted! Everyone please give a welcome to Kayden! The last spot in the RP has been filled! :)

As mentioned between us, Kayden, you can start posting once Chapter 2 is up ^^

Did anyone else want to post before I start Chapter 2? Just curious :)

On another note, Draco has had to drop out of the RP sadly, just thought I’d let everyone know!

I don't think I will. Reiteration is not one of my stronger points, and that seems like the majority of this section. Go ahead and post.

Wow that was a long post x_x

If any of your characters should find the need to attack or fight the monster, then feel free. Hainer didn't have a weapon on him right away, and he wasn't going to stick around to do anything, but next post I'll have him do something. With that said, it's totally not necessary to fight if you don't want to :) This post was to mostly introduce demons. There's 3 of them in total, and if you want to run into any of the other characters, or interact, feel free to do so was well!

Also Kayden, you can also post now ^^

Last edited:
Name
Victus Riviera

Appearance
Calling Victus a weathered adult would be just a start, his skin makes it easy to tell that he's seen plenty of sun and been outdoors the large majority of his life. His hair is a dark brown with hints of red, growing nicely into a well kept beard that filled out his face but was kept trimmed to keep the length short. He is well-built, and while he doesn't sport a lot of muscle his physique reflects years of exercise through marches and drills. He stands at 6'1" with hazel eyes. While in town or seen around the church he is found wearing leather jerkins and leggings with a cloth undershirt, but the jerkin is designed to have light metal armaments strapped to it when needed so he can remain mobile on a battlefield.

Personality
Stern and studious, Victus was brought up by a family that served nobility as guardsmen and bodyguards and was raised to treat others with due respect. As such, Victus normally keeps quiet but isn't afraid to voice his opinion or set standard for others that he feels crosses a moral or ethical line.

Background
Born into a family that knew only servitude, Victus learned early how to live a life meant to put others before himself. His father was a bodyguard to renowned noble, and as such was allowed to have his family live on their estate. This provided Victus with the opportunity of an education, learning alongside the nobleman's young son; they weren't friends, not by any means as it was clear to Victus that the son saw him as a servant and his own future bodyguard but his parents made sure he knew to behave. For years he was trained to read and to write, to serve and protect, his only goal was to live a good life that would bring respect to his family name and assist those around him. It came easy, there wasn't a major threat to the nobleman's lives and they lived generously and in accordance to the Church's followings. While not an avid churchgoer himself, as the servant's were often left out of the weekly visits he was expected to learn their teachings and follow their doctrine all the same.

This peaceful life led on till he was 18, finally filling out and serving happily to the nobleman's estate as a true guardsman. His father close to retirement, he was happy to take his place in the upcoming years, but fate didn't choose that path for him. The nobles were called upon that year to visit a neighboring city a great distance away, a peaceful summons to meet up with an old friend of theirs as they celebrated their eldest daughter's birthday, so they traveled light. Victus stayed with the manor, ensuring it's upkeep and safety as his father traveled with the noble family for protection and to meet his own compatriots who served the other nobles. It wasn't until weeks later that the manor got news of the traveling party's demise, having been caught in transit by a demon, none were left alive.

The shock spread wide through the manor as servants and family alike broke down in tears. Victus was speechless. His parents, gone. The nobles he served, the main family, all gone with that one trip. It was all too surreal for him that it took a month to start collecting himself again. He had a temporary place at the manor but was soon being asked to leave as it was prepared to be sold, and with no place to turn to Victus found a home with the Church.

For the last 8 years Victus has served them dutifully as a knight, he took care of the public, shared rations, guarded clerics and priests in transit, and his favorite part? Helped with the dispatch of demons to close to towns, while uncommon, still a prevalent concern that fell to hunters guilds, mercenaries, and those of the faith.

Victus was a quick study in this time, using it to learn about the world outside of his hometown and taking advantage of his affiliation with the church to learn the basic principles of magic. It may have been one of the few reasons he was favored in the church as not every individual had the aptitude for it, but upon learning that he did the church was happy to help - and in the most recent months, prepared him for travel. They had heard of some darker stirrings in Ivesburg and so sent Victus out to help the Church of Dawn in any way that he could.

Magic
Lesser Miracle: Victus can seal wounds, leaving a scar based on severity with about a minute of work and contact with the injury.

Fortitude through Faith: Victus can create a barrier of sorts around a target if he is near, providing a magical defense for people or a remarkable sturdiness to inanimate objects if he can touch it. This magic acts a lot quicker than healing, and is typically saved for emergencies.

Weapon
Sword & Shield: Victus relies heavily on the counterbalance of defense and strength, as a bodyguard his job is more often focused on keeping things from attacking his companions then directing an assault - unless he's drawing attention. While the shield is made of reinforced steel, the sword shimmers brightly as the church saw fit to mix it with silver.

Other
Victus's belt has a lot of small bags around his waist, filled with small trinkets the church believes to be helpful. This includes salt, iron fillings, and gunpowder. A few personal items, like his journal, a tinderbox, and a whetstone are kept in a traveling bag.

Back