Duskbound (A Fantasy Roleplay) [Sign-Ups + Discussion]

Ahh gotcha! In that case, you could have her in some sort of run-in with my character, considering he’s a rich snob that dislikes the people in the Willows enough as it is, possibly the Dhenari too :0

Name
Ayana Talo Mishki

Appearance
A petite woman with long, yet straight snow white hair along with blood red eyes. About 5"4' and has a C cup size (too detailed?). Clothing is usually a red velvet dress that doesn't exactly touch the ground but gets close.

Personality
Kind, compassionate, and determined with a need to help others...except she's a little cuckoo

Background
Ever since a little girl, she wanted to help people, no matter the type. Unfortunately, people abused her for this and she always got into trouble. One day, she helped the "bad" type of people, and got her family killed. She was never the same since. But she believed in second chances...well, that is except for already full fledged bad guys. Those, she needs to "purify" if you know what I mean.

Magic
Nothing yet

Weapon
Rapier

Other
Other than she's insane, no.

Hey! Thanks for the SU, it Looks promising! However, I can’t accept it yet. Could you expand a bit on your SU? The personality, appearance and history section could all use a bit of work. Talk about their upbringing, dislikes, likes, how she behaves, more detailed explanation about her appearance (in particular, why does she have red eyes?). Maybe have a look at the other SUs to see what I’m looking for!

Ayana Talo Mishki

Appearance
A petite woman with long, yet straight snow white hair along with blood red eyes. Her skin is smooth, almost milky like and a reflection can be seen when clean. About 5"4' and has a C cup size (too detailed?). Clothing is usually a red velvet dress that has a crest of a probably religious symbol (whatever the symbol of purity is in this realm). What's under the dress? Who knows. Wears usually commoners shoes, as she finds rich shoes "impure"

Personality
Sweet, kind, and compassionate make up this woman. She is carefree and usually happy. Until she sees someone "impure" that is. Then she gets spiteful, harmful, and murderous. In between of her sweet and dark side, she's courageous and wants to be a hero...along with making friends on the way. Likes those who are Pure, or even just jokesters. The dislike? The Impure obviously.

Background
From the beginning, Ayana and her family have been anything from normal, though not as bad as today. Her father was a manager at the local tavern in the Hive district while her mother worked at the Dawn church. Her father was the generous type, the one who made everyone laugh. The mother, on the other hand, was the cruel one. Though kind to her daughter, she gives her "crude" suggestions. "You'll be a fine ruler, my princess. All you have to do is master the arts, and use it for power." or "Your a big girl and have to stand up for yourself. Kill the boy." Loving stuff like that. Some of the mothers evil and insanity coursed with Ayana's veins. The magic and evil gave her the red eyes after all. Though she was endlessly tempted to move to the dark side, she always helped local citizens. Even the poor folk in The Willows were helped. But one day, she helped the wrong people. A crimelord in The Willow assigned her a task as a "favor to a man who can't fend for himself"...and she failed. The crimelord was furious, and as a result, he killed both her parents, probably her a well if she didn't "snap". Ayana was forced to raise herself in the end. She organized people as Pure and Impure. The Pure were those who either do good, or do nothing but keep the evil away. The Impure are the monsters, the murderers, the rapist. Something that has no soul. Ayana, however, believes in second chances. But if you don't

Magic
Nothing yet

Weapon
Rapier

Other
Other than she's insane, no.

Better or needs more work?
It’s still a bit all over the place, so I’ll private message you more details on what I’m looking for in terms of an SU, so we don’t keep Re-posting on this thread. I’m going to sleep now, but I’ll message you tomorrow for sure in regards to it!

Name
Millicent Montesquieu

Appearance
Millicent is a petite little thing, shortest out of all of her seven brothers and sisters, which deemed her the nickname “runt of the litter”. She’s also the most gangly and weak, which doesn’t help either. It stings a little more when the rest of your family is a bunch of strong, lean, giants. They attribute her differences to being cursed somehow, or perhaps mistakenly switched at birth from a poorer, uglier family. She also came out with a head full of platinum blonde hair, while the rest of the family bore a sweet, strawberry yellow. It almost appeared white on particular gloomy days, when the sun couldn’t reflect the gold in her locks.

Her face is riddled with brown specks of freckles, which is not thought to be very attractive on a young maiden, as they are closely associated with witches. They also do not fare well with her sickly pale skin and even lighter, stone blue eyes. She doesn’t smile all too much, but when she does, you can catch a glimpse of her chipped tooth, which she earned during a scuffle with an older, stronger brother. Her ears stick out of her head like she hasn’t fully grown into them yet, and well, she still has time to, but that is likewise for most of her body parts-- she hopes one day she’ll just grow into them. But looking at most other young girls her age, already betrothed and beautiful--- she tends to lose hope.

She wears an assortment of different hand sewn dresses, most a bit tattered from her days of playful youth, but still ukept to keep her looking respectable. She has purposely ripped up clothes just to spite her mother, she doesn't care much for what they try to dress her in, it was just going to get dirtied and torn anyway at some point. But she especially hates dressing for church, for her mother insists that she wears a matching white gown like her sisters, but she looked nothing like her sisters, she stood out like a sore thumb among them. They were tall, fair skinned, and gorgeous, while Millicent looked like the “Holy Ghost” next to them.

On her own time, she wears a cloak and pretends to be a witch or a monster to scare the younger tots into behaving and listening to their parents when they say not to go wandering into the woods alone. She wishes she could wear that all the time, and complains that “witches get to have all the fun”, but is quickly shushed by her family because there is already suspicion that she is one, herself.

Personality
Tough love has made her pretty thick skinned and brutish. Being outcast by her family, has had her out trying to find a place where she truly belongs. Because it certainly wasn’t with the Montesquieu's. At one point she really began to believe that she was switched at birth like her siblings claimed, and ventured out to try and find who her real kin was. Nobody would claim her anyways, she was a weak, ill-favored girl, who had nothing to offer. She couldn’t be put to work and she couldn’t be so easily married off. She had to build a hard exterior to face what she was given in this life, and decided she wasn’t going to be so easily swept under the rug like her family wanted, she would have to really prove herself...somehow. This puts her on the offense at all times, she snaps at anyone who she even has the slightest notion to believe is out to get her or put her down somehow. All of this masqueraded by the fact that she so desperately just wants to prove herself to her family.

Behind the thorns she wraps herself in, is an incredibly useful ally to have. She’s quite intelligent and nifty, and in the most advantageous ways. While most girls spent their youth training to be at service to their husband and the church, she learned how to barter, trade, and manipulate sellers to get a better price for goods and services-- in perhaps, shady, looked down upon ways, but that’s nobody's business. The Willows trained her well. The Willows may have been the only place she felt truly useful, even if some of its most cunning, lowlifes played her like a pawn in their game, she at least felt a part of something for once. Which led to her running with not the greatest of crowds.

Background
The Montesquieu's have a long family history of caravans. Ivesburg was not the Montesquieu's first stop, but it would be their last. For generations, the Montesquieu's were a sort of nomad people, traveling wherever they could prosper the most and hitching to the next town to start the process anew. The women typically set up shop to sell fresh produce and handmade goods, and the men would work laborious jobs such as mining or procuring lumber. It wasn’t until Millicent’s grandparents decided to settle down and build a business that would be steady enough to keep generations of Montesquieu's financially secure and working, that they nestled themselves into Ivesburgs Hive District and bore a son who would marry a sweet, young maiden of a baker's family. Millicent’s father would continue to work the Montesquieu carpentry business and her mother as a baker. The two would have four girls and three sons; the sons would carry on the carpentry business and the daughters the baking-- Though Millicent was not a fan of the idea of slaving over hot ovens all day and pounding dough, she would much rather tap nails into wood all day with her father, but she was a girl, and a frail, weak girl at that. She couldn’t handle manual labor, and she refused to be a servicer, and her chances of being married off to a wealthy man were slim-- so, how would she support her working class family? Millicent, as she began to get older, started to wonder this.

Millicent would find herself getting entangled in some unscrupulous activities just to find out what she was truly capable of doing. She began to wander deep into the district below hers, when she was most certainly not permitted to, in search of answers. The Willows. There, she met youngsters like herself who were desperate for any means of work and productivity, as it was scarce here, but it wasn’t the right kind of work and productivity. A group of dubious con-men had scooped Millicent’s lost and curious self up, claiming they saw great potential in her for their line of work. She would be their mule. Millicent may not have been the pinnacle of femininity and grace, but she was still an innocent looking young lady. And no one would expect an innocent young lady to be the courier of Salva.

The Montesquieu's already didn’t pay much mind to their youngest, hellion daughter; they were busy with work and prayer, and for the most part let Millicent fly from the coop since she was so against everything they presented to her. They just hoped that whatever she was getting herself into all day wouldn’t harm them in some way, whether they had to rescue her from something or assure the public that she isn’t a demon child after ripping up the town. Though, these days, she learned to lay low and keep quiet in her new line of work.

Magic
Unknown

Weapon
Sometimes deals can go a bit awry, and people don't take a contraband slinging little schoolgirl too serious, so they tend to take advantage of this situation-- but that is why Millicent carries a shiv for protection, and if it goes any further than that, the big boss will have it taken care of. Personally.

Other
  • As the spread of Salvas distribution has increased, territory has as well. Millicent often hangs around the towns tavern, a place with a lot traffic in and out, perfect for making a quick deal. She's taking up playing the lute as a form of entertaining guests in the tavern and to not look suspicious just loitering around the establishment.

I hope she is fitting. :)

Reactions: Dan
Okay, so the thread is up! It can be found here:

As for your first post, it's nothing too complex:
1) It willl probably mainly be an introduction post for you. Your character doing their daily things, a typical morning for them etc.
2) There is an execution happening soon in the day. It is going to be a thief from The Willows.
3) If you want to interact with each other, or with my character, feel free.

Once everyone's first posts are out of the way, I will proceed with the execution.

Name: Allister Donnette

Appearance: When he's on the job he wears the light armor of a scout with scalemale underneath. The armor on his left arm flares out into something similar to a shield. On his left hip he holds a short sword in a scabbard. On his right hip he has a magnifying glass and a map of the known world held inside a leather pouch When he's off the job he can usually be seen wearing a light leather tunic. His hair shaved down to stubble on the left side and the top, back, and right side is blonde and reaches down to his shoulders in a mix of hair and celtic braids. Allister has a scar that crosses over his left stormy blue eye, nose, and mouth on the right side. He has a small frame fit for the job he does. On his left hand a pinky is missing. A decorative leather eyepatch with the crest of the Donnette family displayed in bronze covers his left eye.

Personality: Allister is an easy going man that tries not to take life for granted. He's that man that when he has free time can be found on a hill in the Outfields laying down on his back staring up at the sky with his head in his hands. Many think him to be a lazy man. But it is rumored that he blames himself for the tragedy six years ago. He is also known to be a man of his word.

Background: Allister grew up in the Outfields in a family of farmers. His life consisted of the same boring routine, but this wasn't to say he didn't enjoy his life. Out in the Outfields there was a sense of freedom. That was enough to bring him some happiness.

Fast forward a few years to when he hit maturity, and Allister had started to feel like something was missing from his life. It was around this time that the military recruited him as a soldier. He rose through the ranks gradually until he commanded his own unit. One day on a patrol they came across a demon unlike any other that had seen before. On that day Allister lost his entire unit and his left eye and finger. When he came to, the demon was gone. He had roamed the site of the tragedy finding the body of a friend he had held dear to himself. He took the blame for the incident, never truly forgiving himself for the deaths of his comrades. He would later step down and become a simple scout, thinking that he didn't have the right to lead people anymore.

Five years later, in the present, Allister still blames himself for the death of his unit. Nowadays, he just lays around and stares at the sky. He is however out of the depression that held a steady grip on him for years. He has learned that dwelling on the past won't change what has already happened, so instead he tries to live in the present.

Magic: N/A

Weapons: He wields a short sword and is rather proficient with it. He also carries a dagger strapped to his right calf.

Other: Allister has a hawk that he uses to relay messages

You are accepted! Feel free to post in the roleplay thread! Don’t be shy to post here either, if you want to discuss anything, or have any questions!

also, I will also be closing Sign-Ups now. I think that’s enough players :)

You know, it has to be the bane of my RPing career, finally starting on my first post in-RP and completely spacing on what my OC's name was. I mean, really. Am I the only person who does this?

Edit: Do try to forgive me; I come from the land of texting-based RPs, so my in-RP posts are usually a LOT shorter than what's typical for a forum.
^u^

Last edited:
You know, it has to be the bane of my RPing career, finally starting on my first post in-RP and completely spacing on what my OC's name was. I mean, really. Am I the only person who does this?

Edit: Do try to forgive me; I come from the land of texting-based RPs, so my in-RP posts are usually a LOT shorter than what's typical for a forum.
^u^

No worries :) The more practice you get, the easier it’ll get when it comes to length ^^

Also, there was a time and place when I’d join like 10 RPs at once, and just mix all the characters up x_x

No worries :) The more practice you get, the easier it’ll get when it comes to length ^^

Also, there was a time and place when I’d join like 10 RPs at once, and just mix all the characters up x_x

I just saw the edit. When I started RPing, I only used one character. That way I always knew what my OC's name was. It was only after I started even making new characters that I would randomly forget who I had signed up with. ((After the first post was down, I never had a problem with forgetting names for the rest of the RP. Only once or twice did I ever mix up names lol))

Question: Is there a system for which poster goes after the other? Example: A -> B -> C -> A Or is it just going as any poster encounters the other? I'm waiting for everyone to post first and have a chance :emoji_blush:

Back