Exif

Knight in Shoddy Armor
Well, I think you know what's been going on in the world lately. Since I am effectively confined to my house for the foreseeable future, I think I'll be open for an additional RP slot.

I've been looking to tackle a fantasy roleplay. I wanted to take a common pairing, but give it a little twist. We all know the Princess and the Knight pairing and the typical story that entails, where the brave templar wades through a treacherous tower and slays a dragon to save the royalty, and live happily ever after. Or the Princess and her Guard, where the Princess is to be married to another kingdom and she ends up forming a forbidden love with her Guard, then the two run off to be together.

I wanted to try something a little different. The Princess here doesn't spend time cooped up in some castle. She's actually quite active and goes around doing heroic work herself. While she's still required to be accompanied by a guard, it's more of a formality as the Princess can more than take care of herself. Plus, the Guard has some wisdom and experience he likes to impart on his charge and he occasionally trains her.

I wanted to play off this pairing with a comical edge. The Guard is a straight-faced, professional, butler-esque type who can play off the Princess. The Guard is by no means terrible at fighting, as he does live up to the job description, he just rarely gets to fight, since the Princess is so capable herself. There's elements of comedy, action, and adventure as the duo go about their business. I wanted to play this off in an episodic way, where they got on a series of contained adventures, though there are hints of a larger narrative at work.

If anyone is interested, feel free to DM! We can collaborate on a plot together from there and I'm already cooking up some ideas!

About myself
I am an avid writer who loved to write short stories as a hobby back in middle and high school, and this has persisted into the present. It is this passion for literature and my love of characters that has brought me to various roleplaying sites, this one included!

I have most often been attracted to fandom roleplays, playing characters across various settings from properties that I've grown to love is a major reason why I got into roleplaying.

To start, I prefer to write in the third person, out of personal experience from what I've written. I can do both past and present tense.

Lately, I have been aiming to limit for my long-term roleplays to about two or three at time. I think long-term roleplays are a huge commitment by both players and I want to make sure that that commitment is upheld to the fullest. To that end, I don't want to bog myself down in too many long-terms. It's just not possible for me to shuffle through that many roleplays that could run for months on end.

I like to write in detail! I can go from a single paragraph, to multiple paragraphs, depending on what is needed. Starting posts, I feel, should set the scene, so that will often contain several paragraphs, while dialogue could be one or two paragraphs. It all depends on what is being written. I prefer quality over quantity!

If you decide you do not wish to continue, that's perfectly fine by me. I get it, life happens, or interest wanes, and other things come up that you may want to focus your creative juices on. I would just like a message saying you wish to halt the roleplay or put it on a hiatus. If you are struggling to progress, message me and we can work things out!

I often, and prefer to, roleplay as males, but that does not mean I won't play females! It's a matter of preference.

Since I am often conjuring dozens of plots, I can play several characters at a time to progress the story and ensure it moves along at a steady pace. You can expect me to reply daily and I will be absent for an extended period, I will let you know as soon as possible!

I am quite good at grammar and correct any and all spelling mistakes that slip past me pretty quick, so you won't have to worry about constant mistakes on my part. I like to keep my posts legible for my partners!

With all of this in mind, I hope you can afford me the same courtesies I would afford you! With that said, I sincerely hope we can find a roleplay that satisfied both of our cravings and we can create something fun together!

Last edited:
Hello! Has someone already expressed interest in this plot idea? If not, I'd love to explore it with you and if yes, maybe we could come up with something else, if you still have a slot open. :)
Either way, shoot me a PM if you like!

Back