Earth, 1,000 years after the End

Would you mind sending me a picture of what a gnoll looks like in this setting? Everything so far has been a bit off from the western D&D style creatures I usually know.

200152497_m.jpg

Like this but short.

@budgiebird

Have you taken a look at the map? It is in a separate tab on this thread, please pick a place that you would like to start off at.

Alright. I posted the setup for a scene. Set in territory claimed by both the gnolls, goblins, and lizardmen, I hope to open this up to as many people as possible.

Let me know if anything needs to be changed, Drakey.

@SedentaryCobra

I like the setup, very nice and descriptive while still being a short, simple, and easy read.

Just to let you know, most Gnolls are like raiders. They are disliked by most Kobolds, and they dislike most Kobolds. I had wanted to do a few settlements of non-aggressive Gnolls, but you beat me to it. Anyways, I really like the idea and it's getting me really excited for this RP!

Also, I made a post myself. I hope that it shows a little of what it is going to be like with me as the GM. I won't have my own character, but I will create challenges, enemies, and allies for you guys.

@FriendA

Hey, The RP has started. Haven't gotten the Epic RP section setup, but I thought that we could go ahead and get started anyways.

@Enki
@budgiebird

You guys don't have to start off in Canton Lake, just start off somewhere in your race's starting area!

I made a post, though I fear it may not be decent as I am slightly unskilled at beginning posts, haha. Let me know if it needs to be fixed!

Excellent posts everyone, and fear not Budgie, I too am terrible at opening posts.

@budgiebird I'm moving you to the Oregon side of the colorado river.

@Enki

Slaatch can start in a small village called Dragonville. (from Dragonville, VA) Which is 25 Miles West-NorthWest of Richmond, Va.

While she doesn't have to start there, I would like it if she did.

I'm loving the RP so far, just a few notes.

First off, if two groups are completely isolated, its fine if their actions occur in different time frames. if Budgiebird wants to go to Oklahoma, or the Wanderers pack up and leave for Oregon, its alot easier if you don't force the other person to wait for several IC weeks to meet up. It could cause interesting situations.
I.E. If Budgiebird decides to flee with his men, and they wind up in Oklahoma, they could intervene in the lion fight, or the Wanderers in the kobold battle.

Second, you mentioned the Machine Priests were 1.5 miles away. That's a 30 minute walk, and it took them several days to arrive. A healthy, dedicated person can hike close to 20 miles in a day. :p

I'll continue with what is happening now, I just wanted to leave this here.

yes SC, I realize these two points of yours. However, the WP are rather unwilling to help, so it took them several days to come to the conclusion that they should help.

as for the time, you are correct as well, I just did that for my own sake. It helps me keep my thoughts together. if he still wants to do that, then he can as I didn't specify a given date for when he was in battle.

thank you for pointing these things out, it will help a lot on my end of the RP.

Name: Katya Lykreig
Race: Kobold
Description: Roughly 5'2, unusually slight for a female Kobold. Though she appears delicate, she can hold her own in combat with agility and dexterity. She has russet-brown and white fur thickest around her neck and tail, and deep blue eyes. Her build suggests she is more adapted to colder weather.
Personality: What she lacks in height, she makes up for in wit and intelligence. She has a gift for math, medicine, and science. While serious and closed-off, she is also very confident and extremely stubborn. She has a rational, methodological view of the world, and she isn't the kind of girl to be swept off her feet easily. Katya always takes pride in excelling in something she's interested in, and seeks approval from her superiors. She isn't afraid to lead, but her rigid demeanor often makes her come off as stiff or narrow-minded. She doesn't give herself away easily.
Favorite Weapon: A katzbalger.
Brief Bio: The only daughter in the center of four brothers, she was born into a middle-class fishing family, and her father spared a few moments to teach his daughter to read and write while her siblings learned to captain boats and work the docks. However, those few offhand lessons sparked an unquenchable thirst for knowledge, and she quickly set out to read anything she could get her hands on. Her studies also expanded into combat, and she taught herself to use the bladed weapons her brothers discarded. When lords attacked her village, she was taken as a spoil of war and accosted by knights until she was able to escape herself using her skills with a sword.
Additional Info: Can speak English and Koboldish fluently, and also has studied what remains of German.

Last edited:
@Alista

due to the savagery of your lords, you can start off in the northern regions of the Kobold's empire (check map).
english -> common (the common language, descended from english, but not the same)
French -> Kobold (change french to Koboldish)
German -> poor german (You can speak german, but it is a dead language)

learned German from lots of research.

Please make these changes and then post however you want on the RP thread.

Back