Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Knight

Bear With Me
The Convergence Series GM
(This side event was hosted by @RebornRainbow)

Prologue
"The New Arrivals"

It felt like flying.

Zipping through time and space, it felt like nothing was pressing against your skin. No rush of air or water. It was like nothing was there, and no sense of heat or coldness could be felt. You felt as if you were laying on your back, and all you could see was pitch blackness covering everything around you.

As you traveled through time and space, it seemed like hours passed as you thought about all you had done and seen. Eventually, you drifted off into slumber. You awoke as your body came to a hard thud! against the dirt. As you stood, you could see that everything around you was not as it was before.

You were somewhere completely different.

The ground held so many fallen leaves that it was unbelievable, and all looked to be so many different colors that you began to lose count. Looking above you, you could see the trees that the leaves once resigned on. They looked to be at least fourteen feet high and had to have hundreds of leaves on just one single branch! Even more amazing, the branches were large, thick, and multicolored.

You seemed to be in some type of forest. Looking around you, you could see that a man in a hood stood at the entrance of a deeper part of the forest, which gave off an ominous impression as if it held many dangers creatures. It seemed traveling out into the forest seemed unwise.

Turning, you managed to see something else, a stone stage that sat buried in the ground with two tables set up next to it. If examined, one held spell tomes and various melee weaponry, while the other held a sign up sheet and instructions for a "tournament."

A young boy stood in the middle of the stone stage.

Fe7e6OI.png

He was in a black coat, holding some kind of strange staff or weapon in his hand.

As you continued to look, you saw that you were not alone in this clearing, for a large group of others around you were standing and getting their bearings as well.

Finally, behind everyone was a long and narrow dirt path that ran under a bunch of smaller trees, all which still held mismatched colored leaves and branches. The dirt path went on for quite some time. As you saw all that could be seen from where you stood, a loud voice could be heard in the distance, scattering all the large birds that hid in the trees.

"Hello?" started the voice, it sounded like it was a young woman. Her voice was melodic.

"Ah! Everyone, this is a place called Eden. I am really sorry to tell you all this, but none of you will be able to leave the forest for the time being. There's a... well, let's say for now that a 'spell' has been placed upon it for new arrivals. However, there is an upside: you are all safe from outside danger. You might not hear from me for some time, but I will send people to gather you as soon as possible. Please, be patient."

Then there was only silence. It seemed the boy on the stage was listing, but he just rolled his eyes as the speech ended.

Cast
Savvy Savant as Yvaine Seren (Stardust) and Princess Yum Yum (The Theif and Cobbler)
Verite as X and Zero (MegaMan)
Emperor of Gallifrey as The Tenth Doctor (Doctor Who) and R2-D2 (Star Wars)
BarrenThin as Raymond 'Red' Reddington (The Blacklist) and Gregory House (House)
Yiyel as Red and The Transistor (Transistor)
Gummi Bunnies as Luka Redgrave (Bayonetta) and Zero aka Rose (Drakengard)
The Pimp Tactician as The Demi-Fiend, Naoki Kashima (Shin Megami Tensei) and Robin Tact (Fire Emblem)
Jenny as Hermione Granger (Harry Potter)
Alexi the Abra as Master Chief John-117 (Halo)
Krieg as Coco (Rwby)
DapperDogman as Captain Jack Harkness (Doctor Who)
Atomyk as Ike (Fire Emblem)
york as Faith Connors (Mirror's Edge) and Oscar of Astora (Dark Souls)
Mari as Nana Osaki (NaNa)
SirDerpingtonIV as Ser Artorias of the Four Knights (Dark Souls)
Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Bad Wolf aka Rose Tyler (Doctor Who)
Infinatis as Samus Aran (Metroid) and Megaman [Original] (Megaman series)
FireDrake150 as FireDrake (OC)
ResistingTheEnlightened as Major Richard D. Winters (Band of Brothers)
Ouchies as "The Bounty Hunter" (Darkest Dungeon)
CCC Kouhai as Yoru Ame Sasaeruko (OC) and Margaret Moonlight (No More Heroes)
Nate Dawg as Dr. Spencer Reid (Criminal Minds)
Wedge Antilles as Norm "Hoot" Gibson (Black Hawk Down)
Jeremi as Vanilla Ice and Diego Brando (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
Josh M as Tyler Breeze (WWE NXT)​

Last edited:
Prologue - Vanilla/Dio

Vanilla Ice

There was only one thought running through his head at any given moment.

And that was to protect his Lord Dio Brando. The darkness overcoming him was unexpected. His Stand Cream while in use would leave him in a black void...but this was different. He felt nothing, sensed nothing, not before he fell with a hard thud into the ground. Where was he? How had he gotten here? And how could he protect his lord now?

Dio Brando

This was the second day that Diego Brando had ridden through the desert without resting. When he felt Silver Bullet vanishing from under him he chalked it up to fatigue and that he had fallen asleep on the saddle. This felt different though. This was no dream it was pure blackness, the titular void surrounding him until he finally fell to the ground. He dusted himself off and got to his feet. Was this a dream? And if that where had he ended up?

NVVNSC7.png

A vague awareness caused him to stir. His eyes shot open, as if alert, but it was not entirely so. A dull haze had settled over him, keeping him anchored to the spot. A subtle bit of thought crossed his consciousness, indicating that something here was very off. Still, he ignored it. "..." Ike's eyes shifted, catching the light from above. The momentary pain shut his eyes and caused him to sit up. The dull haze had dissipated, it seemed. He ran his hands along his torso to make sure everything was intact. He touched at his head, pushing the bandanna aside. Everything was thankfully where it should be, but that didn't help explain what was going on. His eyes fell on the sword that lay beside him. Ragnell.

"... Hm."

He hefted the greatsword in one hand, lifting it up in front of his face. Staring into the blade, he watched his reflection stare back at him from within the brilliant metal. At least he still had that. He then lifted himself to his feet, Ragnell held out in front of him. The others surrounding him were outside of his concern for the moment, as Ike's gaze lifted upward in search of the voice addressing them. All Ike knew for sure was that he wasn't supposed to be here. This was entirely all wrong. He didn't need a new life-- he needed to get back to his old one right away.

FKy1WXF.gif

He moved forward, pushing past others to reach the boy standing at the stone stage. Ike's eyes narrowed on him. "You'd best know why I'm here or what's going on. Where has the Tower of Guidance disappeared too?"

The boy turned his head to Ike, his blue eyes looking the man up and down. He finally turned, his body facing the man and his weapon sitting on his shoulder.

"I best not be told what to do," he said, mocking Ike as he said best before returning to his boyish tone. "I'm simply a boy who wishes to participate in the tournament, and I so happen to be the one running it..."

The mocking tone was ultimately lost on Ike, who looked more impatient than anything else. "That didn't answer my question."

Ike looked away from the boy to examine the stage more closely. He eyed the two tables, recognizing the various tomes and weaponry on top of them. A tournament, huh? The idea might have excited Ike a few years ago, but duty and responsibility were heavy loads. They were overbearing, not allowing for many games to distract one's self. Ike had a war to get back to, but something told him his being here was no coincidence. Perhaps Ashera was ultimately behind this? "I don't have time for games," Ike said, looking back to the kid. "And I have even less time for tournaments." He gestured to the others standing around. "Strange people. Did you arrive with them?"

Nana's Opening - Rose

Nana Osaki found herself in a forest, not knowing how or what she was there. But there she was. She some others, but didn't know how to approach them. She was socially somewhat awkward, and being among strangers only made it feel more awkward for Nana.

Then, a young man seemed to address the large group. He welcomed them to Eden, whatever that meant, or wherever this was.

osaki_nana_1629.jpg

"How did you bring us here?" she wondered out loud. "And, why am I here?"​

The boy rolled his eyes as Ike claimed the boy didn't answer his question. The boy wasn't a guide, though Ike didn't seem to listen. The boy repositioned himself as Ike claimed he had no time for games, moving his weapon to his other shoulder. He displayed his lack of respect for Ike by letting his gaze wander behind Ike now, to a large pile of leaves.

"Then... don't sign up?" asked the boy. He sighed as Ike yet again stated he did not have the time, this time however he claimed to have less for tournaments.

"Then stop wasting my time," stated the boy, before Ike asked yet another question. "No, I've been here for... well, I'm not too sure. Maybe half a year now."

Naoki (Demi-Fiend)
"Hpmh, it looks like another headache for me," the teen yawned as he stood up from the ground. It looked like he was stuck in another new world, though whether or not it was dangerous was to be seen. A frown creased his features as he looked at the weapons available to them, "Nothing familiar to me. Looks like I'm on my own again," just like the Conception, though it looked like humans survived this time.

Shaking his head, Naoki pushed away those thoughts. Now was no time for memories, "Now it's time to survive..." With a smirk, he cracked both of his sets of knuckles. It had been awhile since he had been challenged and the possibility of busting more skulls certainly interested him. Then again, he wasn't exactly the most normal of humans.

Robin
"A game? Wait, does this mean Aki has made his move," the tactician muttered, taking a look around the area. However, for a second, his eye twitched without his notice. Something was strange about this Robin, almost like he was artificial. Sighing as he grabbed a Fire Tome and a Bronze Sword, his eyes lit up for a moment, "I wonder if Erika is here as well?"

The boy shot Robin a glare, then lifted in weapon almost ready to use it.

"Those are only for people precipitating in the tournament!" shouted the boy at Robin.

Robin
Robin cocked his eyebrows at the boy. It seemed he wished to stop him, though with what was interesting. "If I sign-up, can I look at that weapon of yours?"

Naoki
"Tournament? I think I just found my ticket to a fight," a wicked grin formed on Naomi's face. Inside his blood, the old demonic blood exerted its influence to push him on. It seemed some aftereffects as the Demi-Fiend remained, "Sign me up for the showdown!"

Dark.

So Dark.

wxntZeE.jpg

The Abyss.

The heart of all the Dark.

Knight Artorias stood, alone in the Dark, surrounded by the pitch black nothingness around him. He was standing on solid ground, he knew, but he was too tall to look down and see it. The shadows blocked his vision, hemming in from all sides. For once in his life, The Knight felt true terror. He now knew why Gwyn was so attached to his precious Age Of Fire. Gwyn wanted to stave off this fate for the world they had all fought for. Humans were the world's worst threat, worse by far then the Everlasting Dragons. They were subtle and numerous, where the dragons were mighty and few. Throughout all his life, he had fought for humans, protected them, respected their accomplishments, but he now knew the Fate they and their Humanities would bring. But yet, he still felt no hate against them. It wasn't their fault, that they had all been cursed with a shard of the Dark Soul from their very inception. It was what made them Human, after all. The tiny black souls inside all of them, their "Humanities" was what made them so.

Humanity.png

But this. This Abyss. This was not Human. Humans were curious, foolish, brave craven, kind, cruel, but most of all, unique. The Abyss was not. It was pure Dark. Nothing else but Dark. And it had torn apart the Humans too. The Humans were only a piece of Dark. But the Humans the Abyss found, it filled them with the Dark. Changing them into abominations, forever enthralled to the Dark. This was what he had been sent to stop.

3FESfrV.jpg

Lord Gwyn, Lord Of Sunlight, King of the Gods and Anor Londo, had tasked him with this great duty. The Abyss had been spreading from Oolacile, a once great city now reduced to ruin by the Dark. The City's Princess, Dusk, had vanished into the Dark, and no reports had been heard from the city's residents for years now. But all the Great Lords felt it. The Dark.

In the beginning, there was nothing. Nothing but the Dragons. The Everlasting Dragons ruled all the world, presiding in their Mighty Archtrees, that ascended endlessly into the fog that consumed all the world. All the world was Gray. No light, no dark. No death, no life. The Dragons were Everlasting, as their world was. But that all ended with the emergence of the First Flame. With it, came all these things that never were, and Three Mighty Souls. Gwyn became the Lord Of Light. The Witch Of Izalith became the Lord Of Life. Nito became the First of The Dead, Lord Of Death. The three waged war against the Dragons, toppling them from their reign.

300px-Everlasting_Dragons.jpg

But there was another Soul. The Dark Soul. It was taken by the ancestor of Humanity, The Pygmie, who spread it amongst all his kin, creating the Humans.

Furtive_Pygmy.jpg

The Age Of Fire lasted long, but all knew, that the Flames would fade, and only Dark would remain. The Dark was staved off at all costs. First, by the Witch Of Izalith, who attempted to make a second flame, but lost herself to it, creating the Bed Of Chaos.

Secondly, by Lord Gwyn himself, who sacrificed himself to the Flame to keep the Age Of Fire going. As a final command from Lord Gwyn, Artorias was sent to stave off the Dark in Oolacile, and free its people. And thus he sent out to do just that, bringing with him his sword, shield, and his ever trusty companion, Sif.

images

But now, even he, of iron will and iron blade, had lost all hope. His arm had been crippled, and he had given up his shield to protect his only companion, Sif the Wolf.

Going on alone, Artorias ventured farther into the Abyss. To stop the Abyss at its source.

But this was not something he was ready for. He did not expect to meet a foe like he did. He was never prepared for this kind of fight. In a dark chasm, he met Manus. Father of the Abyss.

fAc3U5o.png

And it was in that Dark chasm, that he fell.

He awoke, in a strange forest, leaves all around him. He looked around, utterly confused, simply sitting there, taking in his surroundings. He had his sword and shield beside him, and his arm was uncrippled, but Sif was nowhere to be found.​

-Yvaine Seren-

Prologue: Fixing Broken Links

tumblr_mm8cc4WABJ1qcyv1eo2_250.gif

Admittedly, The North Star was surprised to find herself awakening in unfamiliar surroundings for the second time in the past couple days. She quietly and slowly sat up, looking around at her new surroundings with confusion. Though, she was much less surprised this time around.. There were worse possibilities. She could've died, had House not treated that wound..-

Wait... House!

Instantly, the woman shot to her feet, looking around wildly. The memories of what had occurred what felt like decades but was truly mere minutes ago suddenly rushed through Yvaine's mind in a blinding torrent, overwhelming her senses. There was Ray's death, killing the king, the demon she and Art had trapped, Entei, Ben, and... Art. He died. And... And... House wanting to kill her, but fixing her wounds...

For a minute or two, the woman simply stood in a daze, unsure how to react to these thoughts, memories and emotions threatening to make her break down. Luckily, however, it seemed she had gotten it all out in her prior breakdown, when she was hallucinating and babbling incoherently courtesy of the blood loss and hysteria of watching so many good people- err.. living beings -die right before her eyes.

Shaking this thought off, Yvaine first set to looking for her 'friend'/acquaintance, Gregory House. If she was here... He had to be, too... Right? The star in the completely torn-up dark blue dress definitely hoped so... Having something of a friend or familiar face would be a relief, after waking up in a foreign land for the second time around. Though, upon struggling to find the man, the young-looking woman timidly approached the boy, shaking slightly at the yelling, and the small group around him, sheepishly trying to address him. "Err, excuse me, sir... But you wouldn't happen to know where we are, or seen a handsome man with a cane, blue eyes, and pale hair... Would you?" she inquired, awkwardly. She seemed fairly shy, but also genuinely kind.​

The boy's eyes widened at Robin and he shook his head rapidly. "No. No," said the boy. "If you sign up, and win, you get the weapons you chose," said the boy to both Robin and anyone else. He then pointed to the sign-up sheet.

"Just write your name there, and when there are enough people, the tournament will begin," stated the boy.

~The Beginning~

In one moment, Coco was having the time of her life.

The deafening sound of minigun fire was absent in her mind, blanked out as her fury was enacted upon fields of fields of Grimm. In the distance she could see her teammates move out to secure their respectful objectives in these accursed woods, the captain of CFVY holding her ground as hot lead literally and figuratively ripped apart hordes of this soulless beasts. To a bunch of greenhorns such as RWBY, such a mission would seem as if it was the enraged an entire hive of Grimm. But, as Beacon Academy's finest second-year students, it was just another day in the office.

Then, the unexpected occurred.

She felt herself drifting endlessly into an abyss, soaring through an invisible sky and diving into an eternal ocean. Strange, eerie sounds replayed in her mind, the fashionista so bewildered she actually lowered her aviators to ensure some filthy Grimm hadn't poisoned her with some poison. As if to answer her question, the darkness around her swiftly vanished in a mere millisecond, light filling her shaded, hazel eyes. Laying upon the earth of an autumn forest, the captain arose to a firm six feet, looking bewildered as she felt her minigun shifting backing into a purse.

"W... What?" Coco mumbled to herself, not exactly frightened of the scenario she was positioned in, but truly wondering how she exactly came to be.

The boy looked at Yvaine, his blue eyes cold.

"No, I have not," said the boy in a cold tone, even colder then his eyes gave off.

Robin sighed as he signed the paperwork, "Guess I'll just take a Fire Tome and an Iron Sword..." He wondered if anyone else was already signed up for the tournament. It would be good to scope out the competition.

"Like it's so bad just fighting for fun for once," Naoki threw out as he signed the paperwork after Robin and grabbed a tough metal staff. He wasn't used to using a weapon, more akin to his fists and magic, but he would need the staff to block those swords. Giving Robin a smack on the back, his grin only grew wider every second, "Plus, free weapons!"

Robin sweatdropped at the younger man's words, "You're a special kind of crazy, aren't you?"

Faith Connors - Prologue; Where Is November?

P6IrnD4.jpg

"I was too young to remember exactly how it started.
The authorities said the changes were for the greater good,
but good... Isn't always the same as right."

Watching-The-City-mirrors-edge-20367206-650-377.png

It had been almost half a year since Merc died, the entire Pope murder incident long since faded from the public's memory, the city's surveillance equipment was still under maintenance after Faith had dealt them some permanent damage, bringing them offline for the time being. She and Kate Connors had been on the run for a while now, sticking together for the first few months, eventually they went their own separate ways with Kate staying undercover while Faith resumed her task as a runner, though her services were needed less and less these days with the security blanket over the city lifted. Both of them had gained a considerable amount of infamy by now, but, so far, none of them had been caught yet. They would both rendezvous every so often to swap information, resources, and sometimes just to chat, it was something they both enjoyed to do, but, sooner or later, they had to separate again, keeping a low profile was easier on your own anyway.

FAMuLuz.jpg

At this moment, Faith Connors was sitting down in a recently set up hide-out, Mercs old lair was kind of trashed, but, she had managed to salvage some valuable assets from there... This meant she was still able to monitor the city for signs of activity. There were various ones she was on the lookout for; a change in the police patrol patterns, a murder case, intelligence on what was going down in the city in general, which wasn't much, it's always seemed to have been that way since the City was without close monitoring and project ICARUS was dashed... Then, suddenly, she felt a sort of jolt coming from her fingertips, that jolt was followed by a numbing sensation creeping up her arms and through her body. As she looked down at her hands, she realized they were... Disintegrating? Looking around, she started to notice that it wasn't just her, the world around her was slowly disintegrating into nothingness. "What the-?!" She managed to shout, just before her voice was cut off, everything went black as she drifted through a seemingly endless void, unable to do or say anything for the time being.

thumbnail_2_ee1c6fce_v2.jpg

After what seemed like an eternity, she finally found that she could open her eyes, and she did so slowly, groaning quietly to herself... As soon as her eyes did open she found that she was no longer in her hideout, in fact, she had no clue where she was! Where were the buildings? The people? The streets? The hideout? She wasn't even in the city at all it seemed, as here, there was barely sign of industrialization or for that matter human-made structures around. Upon spotting a black cloaked boy who looked like he knew what was going on, she decided to ask him, walking up to him, her legs a bit shaky from that ordeal she had gone through earlier "Where... Am I?" she asked him, getting straight to the point.​

Naoki whistled as he saw the new girl with the brown hair arrive. She's looked pretty good, though after awhile in the Conception where the beautiful women were killer demons, you didn't really have much to compare to, "Welcome to the group of strangers who have no idea how they got here! There's going to be a tournament!"

Ike was taken aback by the boy's words. "Half a-- Half a year? You've been waiting to sign up for the tournament all this time?"

He bristled at the approach of others, who were clearly interested in demanding questions in much the same manner as he was. The lot of them were strangers to Ike, and not all of them looked that strong. That was odd, to say the least-- why would Ashera spare them? Perhaps the lot of them were mages of some sort. At the comment that the winner could keep whatever weapon they chose, Ike looked down at Ragnell. He smiled slightly, mostly to himself. "... What's so special about this tournament?"

The boy sighed, for everyone kept asking him questions that he had to figure out on his own. His head slowly faced the black-haired girl, his eyes cold and blank. "You're in Eden, though more particularly you're in a place I believe the locals call the colorful woods. I'm only here to host this tournament. Most newcomers arrive in this area."

The boy then looked back to Ike, only to answer yet another question.

"No, I haven't been here half a year, I've been in Eden for that long. I normally make a living on tournaments like these, you know," said the boy. He was looking at the large group gathering around him, only to then have Ike ask him a final question.

"... The tournament tests your power against others. Eden has many variables, factors that change what you may believe to be fact. Don't think you can win every battle like you normally may be able to," stated the boy before taking a step back from the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back