Enchanted Dragon's Dojo (Combat focused Chat RP)

Drakel

Your greedy little Jewgon!
Some time ago I used to moderate a chatroom called "The Master's Dojo" on another site. The main theme of it was solely combat related with maybe some extra RP activities. Everyone fought one another and everyone of any caliber of power was allowed to join and fight, sometimes losing, sometimes winning. No matter what everyone had fun (except for a few cases of bad RPing).

So yeah, I'm curious about who might be interested in such an RP room. Of course I'd still have an OOC describing the setting that the room will be taking place and I might include a CS for those who don't want to describe their character every time they want to start a fight or first join in as well. Mainly I'm curious as to who might be interested in a combat focused RP chat room in general. xP

As for rules, it will be T1 all in all and as such, every character in a fight will need to describe their abilities and skills in either their first post or in a CS within the OOC should people be interested in the concept of a combat room. IF people WANT I could add some stats in as well to heighten the fairness of the fights though I believe that takes away from T1 experiences rather than adds to them.

Another thing is that there will be extra activities and combat isn't the only thing you do. Things like a "Market District" for people to set up shop and play shopkeeper to sell combatants items of various types or "Dojo Masters" where more experienced and grand combatants can teach others their skills and trades would both most likely be a thing to heighten the RP experience and give a more arena or a more Dojo like feel.

With this in mind, the most important question must be asked...

Who here is hungry for the taste of blood?

Last edited:
The Warden team is kicking around the idea of holding a weekly chat RP thing. It can be hard to coordinate and get chat roleplay off the ground on new roleplay sites, so we thought a weekly scheduled thing would help players know when/where to show up, and as the site grows people would start to spread over into other days until it's self-perpetuating. We could combine our efforts if you were interested, and have you hold advertised Dojo matches on pre-scheduled chat RP nights with a few different chat rooms available with stuff going on in them.

Last edited:
I'd be interested in occasionally knocking around some fite RP, although it's far from my forte :p I've done it a bit in the past. I'd agree with stats not being a good addition, though.

^ What he said about stats. Personally don't feel that they're needed in T1. A system of preps determining power of attack usually maintains fairness more than stats. Lobos and I have a modified rule system of T1 posted up in the Arena if you want to check it out. You're welcome to make use of it if you would like.

The Warden team is kicking around the idea of holding a weekly chat RP thing. It can be hard to coordinate and get chat roleplay off the ground on new roleplay sites, so we thought a weekly scheduled thing would help players know when/where to show up, and as the site grows people would start to spread over into other days until it's self-perpetuating. We could combine our efforts if you were interested, and have you hold advertised Dojo matches on pre-scheduled chat RP nights with a few different chat rooms available with stuff going on in them.
I personally wouldn't mind that one but. Working with you in creating a timely meet-up schedule would be in both of our best interests. And yeah, starting up chat RPs do tend to be rather difficult at the start, unless the site has over 1k+ members on in any given moment.

I'd be interested in occasionally knocking around some fite RP, although it's far from my forte :p I've done it a bit in the past. I'd agree with stats not being a good addition, though.
^ What he said about stats. Personally don't feel that they're needed in T1. A system of preps determining power of attack usually maintains fairness more than stats. Lobos and I have a modified rule system of T1 posted up in the Arena if you want to check it out. You're welcome to make use of it if you would like.

I completely agree, though I had many occasions where people demanded stats before a good fight. With my experience in T1, the system of preps and winning through you skill of the pen rather than your the number you choose in specific stats seem both more satisfying and more fair. I've been looking in your Arena's T1 rules and I do like the adjustments. I personally was thinking on creating a few CSs for there myself and maybe search for a good fight or two. Granted, I do know and see how and where stats can be useful, especially for more newer combatant and it is an easier system at times to work with.

IF I had to list all the combat forms that are my favorites to least favorite I'd say...
1) T1 Combat
2) Pre-made Traits system (If done right)
3) Point but- opposing stats.
4) Point buy - no opposing stats
5) Roll to strike/dodge (Normally heavily moderated)
6) Dice rolled stats
7) Free form combat

The latter is probably the worst because there are no rules whatsoever, constant god modding and it tends to break out into OOC fights constantly. Only really done well when both combatants are good friends, have great communication between one another and are both in agreement of who wins/loses before the fight even begins. xP

Drakel said:
I personally was thinking on creating a few CSs for there myself and maybe search for a good fight or two.

We just put up a thread for a tournament if you're interested :)

We just put up a thread for a tournament if you're interested :)
I'm more than interested though first I gotta see if I even can lol. Thus far I have around 3 RPs running and might be joining 2-3 others so I don't want to be too much of a hindrance. I'm heavily considering it though but I don't want to get flooded with RPs.

If I don't I'll definitely still work my Arena CSs since 1v1s (or if I'm feeling daring, 1 v 2s) are much easier to control in the end than a tournament... Granted, I do like winning and fighting so the offer is in the heaviest of considerations. It won't be easy turning it down if I do. xP

:) There'll be plenty of downtime when you're not actively involved in matches, and matches run for 2 week stretches. So coordinating scheduling and posting around your matches would be doable. But I also understand the concern of getting overwhelmed @_@ My spreadsheet of threads I need to post into is about up to 35 now :p

Back