Akashic Arcana [End] Open Book || Library

Her already rosy cheeks heavily blushed at his compliment, it wasn't unheard of that she was pretty, she in a non-egotistical way knew she was rather attractive... But for some reason she felt her heart skip a beat as he called her that.

"You're just smooth talking left and right, aren't you?" she teased quietly but playfully, quickly hiding her gaze from his.

She felt some sort of connection to the boy, something she could not quite explain. It was different that from the connection that she and Uriel shared.... it felt pure-er than what she had experienced. Something she didn't quite have the words to describe.

He smiled at the girl's quite heavy blush. He had never been this smooth with any other girl he'd been interested in before, normally making an ass of himself. But with this girl, the words flowed through him so easily.

"I'm just an honest man, speaking what I think to be the truth." He admitted, a flush of his own appearing after his overtly cheesy line.

She cocked her head to the side as a giggle slipped out from between her pretty rosy lips, "You're cheesy and a smooth talker, are you sure you belong to this day and age?"

Love teased him as she reached over to poke his sides playfully, "Even I manage to not sound like a self help book 24/7"

It was now Mago's turn to hide his face in embarrassment from Love. "Sorry. I haven't found a way to turn it off yet. I hope cheesy isn't too much of a put off. I've been quite a few places where people needed a bit of cheesy cheer, so I'm just kind of used to giving it."

He looked down at his textbook and sighed before looking back at her. "If you're sure you don't want any help, I guess I can finish this up. But I swear, if I hear about Saihara Industries patenting yet another modern tech marvel I'm throwing this book away." He said, half joking.

Love's eyes lit up in curiosity, scooting a little closer, "Cheesy is cute... adorable even" she smiled.

"It'd be shameful to be off put by someone that's... delightfully... cheesy"

Her blue eyes twinkled with a spark of seduction in it, before giggling, "someone like pizza!"

She giggled again softly at her own dumb 3rd grader joke, hoping that would somehow relieve the make-believe tension she thought she created by teasing him.

"But I mean, if you wish to help, you can start by giving me your opinion.... what should we have for food? What is some fancy princess worthy food?" She pulled a pen from her bag and cracked open the little notebook, sitting very journalist-like.

Mago burst out laughing at Love's pizza line. It earned him a few mean stares from people who were actually trying to do work in the Library, causing Mago to try and cut himself off and hold the laughter in. "Oh my gosh. You are too adorable. That line was so precious." Mago had an impulse to hug anything he found adorable, giving it the affection that he felt it deserved. It took restraint to keep himself from flying into a hug with Love, instead subconsciously moving closer to look at her notebook.

"Hmm, I actually have a princess for a friend and she was telling me what food was like at her palace a couple of days ago. Of course, everyone has their own tastes, but whatever you go with has to be 5 star quality. I'd say go with European cuisine though, specifically western European cuisine, though I may be a bit biased because she took me to a restaurant called La pLACE recently, and the food was amazing. Actually, the two of us should go there some time, if you need a break from planning the party, or just want to hang out." He said, coming out with the date invite for even before the dance.

She giggled quietly at his response, getting the reaction she wanted right out of him.

"You're friends with royalty?!" She practically squealed as she wrote his suggestions down on the notebook, her handwriting just as flowy and delicate as herself, "that's so cool!!! The only reason I joined the event committee was so I could dress up as a princess..."

Her cheeks became a rosy red again as she keept her eyes on the notes, "sounds kinda silly now considering real royalty is in the school..."

She giggled before lifting her gaze again, meeting his with a smile across her lips.

"We gotta taste that food... for reasons of course" she winked.

He chuckled at her enthusiasm. "Yep, we were on the same team in the entrance exam. Been friends ever since. If you want I can introduce you to her sometime."

Then he had to go back to a serious, if rather cheesy sentiment. "Don't sell yourself short. I think you'd look beautiful as a princess." He admitted, thanking his lucky stars that the girls had taken him shopping for a tuxedo when they did.

When she smiled at him, his heart skipped a beat. His face moved in closer to hers, a look of desire intense in his eyes. "Absolutely we must. Would tomorrow night be good for you? We could go out, then hopefully have enough time left to watch the sunset. I find it's the most romantic time of day."

"That would be so cool! I would love to meet her!" She squeaked, her eyes twinkling like a child's on Christmas morning.

'I think you'd look beautiful as a princess,' his voice resounded in her head and made her heart race in her chest. Her cheeks turning a bright pink, very similar to the color of her summer dress.

She watched as he moved closer to her, his green eyes hypnotizing her as he spoke.

"I... I'm free tomorrow," she stuttered quietly, almost whispering as she looked at him, her cheeks rosy and her eyes glistening with curiosity and excitement.

His smile grew wider as she said she was free, the sparkles in her eyes had completely captivated him. "Perfect. I'll be waiting there around 7 pm, does that sound ok?" After he heard her answer, every fiber of his being told him to kiss her, gently, but sincerely right at that moment. Then a piercing voice rang through his head.

You dare waste our valuable time on this harlot?! I will not have it, Masego! Desist now, or there will be more pain where that came from!

He flinched, a hand grasping at his head as Shaka induced a vicious migraine on him. He recovered quickly, but could feel the electricity leaving the atmosphere that surrounded them. "I'm so sorry. I've got a history of migraines and they always show up at the worst times. Still, tomorrow at 7. Can we exchange numbers as well? So we can be in touch in case something happens, or if you just want to chat." He said, his heart still beating fast despite Shaka's interruption.

"You bet!" She grinned, her pearly white teeth contrasting the rush of warm color that kept her face blushing.

She looked at him with a pout, her eyes worried as he flinched, his hand grasping at his head.

On her little notebook, she flipped to a blank page near the end of it. Swiftly as hr had asked for, she jotted down her namr and phone number. The typical hearts above her "i"s made her cringe internally as she realized how tacky it might seem.

"It's a date, then" she smiled warmly at him, reaching out with her delicately manicured hand to the side of his face, gently placing it against his cheek, "let me know if you need anything, alright? My adoptive mom suffers from headaches so I know how debilitating they can be..."

He took the number and placed it in his pocket. "Awesome, I'll text you later and let you know it's me." He said, butterflies fluttering inside his chest as he realized that he was seriously going on a date with this amazing girl he'd just met.

The warm hand on his face was bliss, the care in her words apparent and true. He was falling for this girl more and more with every new word she said. "Thank you. That's amazingly sweet of you. I've got some medicine that I can take back at my dorm so I should go and take it now, but I'm very excited for tomorrow night."

Overcome with emotion, he snuck in a quick kiss on the cheek, proud of himself for being too fast for Shaka. "It's a date." He whispered in her ear before he stood and began making his way out of the library. Waving goodbye to Lobelia all the while.

"I hope you feel better soon," she smiled.

She had a look of surprise on her face, her cheeks burning a red color as he whispered in her ear. His warm breath making electricity trail down her spine.

As he walked away she waived at him, dumbfounded at how incredibly excited she was for her date with a guy she had just met but felt such a connection with. It took her a minute to come down from the cloud she felt she was in, the pen in her hand and notebook in the other resting on her lap.

I guess I really have no excuse now to NOT do this... she let out a soft sigh of defeat as she cracked open the notebook and notated some more stuff down.

Back