Kin no Keifu

Genealogy of Gold
There's an utopia in the future. There's a dystopia. And finding out which is which may be harder than you think.

Some people, special people, are invited into a world where their heart's greatest desires are real. It's a prototype, a first try, but it's a hope anyway, and it's got people flocking to it. There are only twelve slots. Four are already gone, but you're free to try.

And when the twelve slots are gone, when the machine's on, there may be a chance it traps you in a reality where your inputted desire is the only high point of your life. And that your life force is being sucked away to power the machines that run the city outside. Of course, that's just a rumour, right?

Sure, hold on. I made a character sheet earlier on in case this seemed good to anyone. (Yeah, calling it, you're definitely my favourite person to RP with here. My schedule's been wrecked 'cause my mom banned phones on weekdays. I can sneak it, but posting and updates are going to be slow. Whatever RP I'm running is probably going to be fairly autonomous. If you still want to sign up after that, here's the character sheet.) If it says "within utopia", it can be a fake thing.

Name within utopia:

Appearance:

Gender within utopia:

Inputted wish:

Consequences of wish:

Anyone involved in the wish with them:

Name within utopia:
William
Appearance:
02addc0dc154e625b22cec75ed75a9d7.jpg

6'2" tall
Gender within utopia:
Male
Inputted wish:
William wishes to be a magic -slinging mage
Consequences of wish:
He can't control any of his magic whatsoever...
Anyone involved in the wish with them:
you ;)

Last edited:
Zombies? I'm more than a little worried now. How does this website consistently manage to find my worst fears and throw them at me?

I'll make a profile for the NPCs after school. I've got an excuse to use my phone today. Seriously, though, please specify the consequences and make them not-so-good. It would be appreciated.

Nice!

Sorry; still working on the NPC profiles. Character's accepted! (Dear God I need to get over the zombie fear. Time to watch The Walking Dead.) Magic, huh? That could work pretty well...

I mean this seems pretty cool. I'm not sure if you're still doing it or not. But I can make two characters if you'd like.

It's still open. I'm going on a business camp in a few days, though, so posting would be slow. Also, thanks for the offer! You're perfectly free to make them.

Awesome I'll get something going in a bit. Slow replies are okay. I'm the same way what with school and all. c:

(Hail, guys. I'm sorry for being offline for so long. Apologies for posting if there's something important going on and you'd rather ignore this site right now. This is an NPC file. If anyone wishes to create another NPC, feel free. Daös doesn't get a wish, being a consequence of one. Other characters can also have sentient consequences. I'll insert this NPC's picture properly when I find out how to do it on a phone. He'll serve as a sort of introductory character, like the older magical girl who shows you the ropes and maybe dies in episode three from magical girl shows. He doesn't fully remember the outside world, though. It gets a bit blurry. Most of the other characters should function like that at times. Sorry for not mentioning it earlier.)

Name within utopia: Iaon

Appearance:
906fe1b0c3c253cd11d24be63c7fb13a--manga-boy-anime-boys.jpg

Gender within utopia: Male.

Inputted wish: To finally have someone to take care of instead of being endlessly doted on.

Consequences of wish: Challenges are constantly thrown into his life, big ones like starvation and arson. That, and his companion refuses to take care of himself at all.

Anyone involved in the wish with them: Daös (consequence).

Last edited:
(NPC Profile. Beth remembers basically everything, but doesn't want to leave because her brother's actually alive in this universe, going on adventures to get magic like *some* people they saw on the street. *Damn it, William* She's going to try to stop people from leaving, as it might erase the entire mental world they're in.)

Name within utopia: Beth

Appearance:
12900cc6b5c923e795cd832af5795a7f--vocaloid-len-digital-art.jpg

Gender within utopia: Female.

Inputted wish: To get her brother back, with all the life he should have had.

Consequences of wish: He's back, but his traits are amplified. He's reckless, unthinking, oblivious to every social cue except "hostile, kill right now", and speaks his mind no matter what. Also, he refuses to ever leave her side and depends on her for everything, overworking her to provide for both.

Anyone involved in the wish with them: Her brother, who doesn't have a name. He responds to any name given, as he's constantly forgetting his own. (It was originally Allen.)

Last edited:
Back