Entrance Hall/Sorting Room

Arthur smiled as the headmistress gave him the go ahead to get tested, "It's alright! I'm pretty sure I know what I'm going to get." He said with a confident grin, rushing ahead into the testing room without hesitation. His eyes flickered between all four pillars before settling on that of water, a moment to catch his breath before he moved right towards it.

His family needed him to be a water element, it was a matter of pride for his bloodline and if he had proved to be anything else... Then there would a fit of disappointment. Despite the grave circumstances Arthur smiled wide, his confidence didn't waver as he went right up to it, reaching towards the bowl of water with his palm outstretched and as his hand pressed against it he was met with resistance. A shout could possibly be heard from outside the sorting room, filled with excitement as Arthur pressed again and felt the water shift around his hand, but refuse to envelop it.

A stronger push allowed the water to slip over his hand, but it acted like sand - sifting over his skin but not drenching it, almost as if he has aquaphobic. After a moment he drew his hand back and marveled at how it remained dry before he left the testing chamber and glanced towards Lily. A big grin on the youth's features. "Water." He chimed in cheerily, this time turning his gaze towards the crowd of students. "I'm joining the water family!" Arthur shouted this time, watching to see who reacted positively in the crowd so he could seek them out.

Rowan turned toward the shouting, and saw the boy. He was the first one who reacted like that to joining the element that they wanted. Too bad he wasn't earth, they needed that energy. She walked toward the edges of the crowd and leaned against a wall. To others she may have looked menacing, but she wasn't trying to be on purpose. Rowan was just looking for someone she could talk to.

Lily clapped, "Excellent! Water is also very fun. Usually bubbly and intellectual. Well, go ahead and join the crowd again." She looked at the paper once again, "Mavis Miller is the next to be sorted!" It was a little disappointing that there were not nearly as many new students as the previous years, but of course, every year had its ups and downs. Hopefully, what it lacked in younger faces in the beginning, it will make up for in a year of fun and quick learning.

Theodore jumped and turned his attention towards the culprit of the shouting voice. He was easily startled, especially by something so sudden when all was quiet. He crossed his arms and ran his palms over them in an attempt to calm the goosebumps. Though he was certain of his element from past schooling, he still remained anxiety-stricken each year. His eyes left the boy and fell to the ground with a poor attempt of reassuring himself.

Rayne looked up from her book as the boy yelled he was a student of water. She gave a small clap smiling before her violet eyes turned back to the book she was focused on. She had noticed that the number of new students was significantly less than the year prior. Her own sorting had been full of people, the mass of students that the whole process took much longer.

Zayne looked over at his sister as the boy on stage said he was a water student, he still cheered mostly because it was his nature. He hoped at least one of the students for water she might make friends with. He hated being separated from her and even more so when he saw her by herself. Maybe that was also a part of him being her overprotective twin. He sighed as he calmed down the cheering and stared at the stage waiting for the next student to be called.

Amalia watched Jeun get up, her eyes followed him until she heard some other teachers talking about drinks. Turning her gaze she smiled at them, "I must say I'm also curious. What type of drinks are you offering?" Amalia looked over at the man that introduced himself and the man next to him then back across the table to the man that offered the drinks. Amalia couldn't help the flirty tone that slipped out as she spoke, it was just her nature. "My name's Amalia Stratmore, I teach the Healing Properties of Elements. Nice to meet you Mr. Loki, and Solomon was it?"

Jeun sighed once the girl sat down he scanned the area to be sure there was nothing else Rhylihan might ask him to handle. Satisfied he made his way back to the teacher's table. He noticed Amalia chatting it up with some other teachers. He simply sat in his chair and pulled his focus to the stage, more interested in the students and where they would be placed, than anything else.

Athur shifted his attention towards Lily as she spoke, listening closely as she explained a bit about the water family's personality and asked that he joined the crowd once more. With a quick nod Arthur saw himself off the stage, slightly frustrated that he couldn't tell who belonged to water from who clapped - it seemed everyone had been friendly! Instead he found an open seat by students who looked about his age. While in his seat, he could be seen visibly shaking with anticipation as he listened for the next student.

Danae-Alisse:
Polite applause rang out as Danae-Alisse brought her hands together, catching Arthur's eye and beckoning him over. A bit late, perhaps, but she wasn't one to rush outside of sports and battle. It was always good to have new blood in the house. An energetic boy to boot. Upon the mindscape pool of water, she placed a finger upon it. Drawing from her mental and emotional reserves, she withdrew a shimmering disc of water that molded itself into a mask and placed it upon her face.

Within the real world, the teen's smile became just a bit softer, the light in her eyes just a bit brighter. A face that harked back to a proud Mother, watching her children. Whenever Danae-Alisse wore such a face, she had an unconscious habit of avoiding mirrors.

Durran:
"Fi, lass, if ye wanted to chat, ye only needed to say."

Long months in the forests had given Durran rather discerning ears that, despite the general though quiet din of the hall, had picked out Esther's presence a step or three before she touched his back. He didn't look. Didn't close his book, and continued intently on outlining the next student. A memory, however, stuck him in that moment and he flipped to a different page. While still a sketch, it showed a man, hunched over a book, pen in hand while a young woman touched his back. A singular image that Durran had no idea what it had meant at the time. For that matter, it still made no sense to him. Still, what he saw was almost always important in some manner, even if it took years to find the full affect. Smiling to himself he returned to the original drawing.

"Forgive me if I don' turn 'round. Lots of work to get don' every sorting, see," Durran cheerfully began, "name's Durran Servansky. A pleasure to me ya, lass. May I know yours?"

Esther giggled but kept looking over his shoulder at his art. "Well, you looked very concentrated. I wouldn't want to break your focus darling." She spoke with a hint of a British accent. Out of all of her brothers, Esther had the smallest hint of her British heritage.

She grabbed her own little journal out of dress pocket. Always thankful that her long white dress had pockets because she didn't truly want to bring her bag around, despite her love of school and academics. She opened up the journal which had a container of dirt and photos of different things. Using her magic, she made a yellow rose. Using it as a base, she hummed a melody that seemed calming. The singular yellow rose turned into a pencil with yellow rose petals incorporated into it. She placed it in front of him. "Here. My name is Esther Nova. I am the resident flowerist as you can see. I make flowers and anything else related to plants but sometimes I make pencils for people I met!" She tilted her head and smiled.

Loki gave a salute while Solomon nodded. "Yes. Solomon Nova. I teach Manipulation of the Elements-" Loki cut him off, "More like Manipulation of how to get out of debt-" Solomon hit his brother's back, "At least I don't have debt, unlike some people."

Heavy handed strokes along the pages of Rhylihans iron spine tome drowned in the lively sounds of the students, complex notes from older days disappear from sight as he turned the page penning down the name of students and their elements leaving a wide blank space between each name. Rhylihans face grew soft to the sounds of life around him showing he had more of a problem with bickering than the noise itself, seeing that Jeun handled what he had asked him to do vented a subtle smirk taking some level of joy at Jeuns reaction to the request.

"Hrmmm water..." Rhylihan mumbles to himself, glancing to the earth sphere on its alter thinking silently 'don't worry old friend another will surely come'

Looking over to Lily "Much talent this year...Seems to be more energy however" Glancing out to the wild bunch of students.

((looking forward too making you all cringe))
Aki spotted a beautiful girl with long golden hair that looked as if it was curled by fairies. He went over to her and grinned.
"Im... Im... Aki!" He stammered holding out his hand for her to shake. "I noticed you sitting here and wandered if you needed company!" He said quickly, fully aware that she had company anyway.
((@Agape , tagging you incase you don't see this <3))

Last edited:
"Ah, this drink... let's say that it's not for kids and leave it at that. I had to go through so many hurdles to get this approved. It's fancy too - changes flavour depending on what element you use. It'll keep us slogging through today." Caleb replied simply, winking at his fellow staff. It was always nice to build a little rapport with the other adults since spending the day with children, though rewarding, was equally draining. It was a rare opportunity to spend time with other adults. "We could propose a toast to the new school year to celebrate the sorting ceremony!" Caleb suggested.

Mavis gasps realising it was her turn and has a little squeal to her as she was excited. She goes up and listens to Lily before going in, she touches air first as she had been told to do and the results show that she is an air element "Oh... that was quicker then I thought it would be" she laughs to herself a bit before leaving the sorting room

Ezra: She was lingering near the rear of the large crowd of people at the sorting ceremony. Big crowds has never been her thing. Made her feel anxious. Memories of the sorting ceremony came flooding back into her mind. It wasn't the process that haunted her though, it was what happened after. The night of her sorting ceremony had been full-moon which she had completely forgotten. She remembered a burning sensation run through her body and the next thing she remembered was waking up in the infirmary, with teachers surrounding her. She closed her eyes and sighed.

“Air, the element I use! The intelligence of the four, with a bit of charisma! Go ahead and join the crowd again. Now, it looks like the final student to get sorted is Altair Nova!” This is when Lily’s smile became widest as she put her hands together, looked at the list, and called the last name.

Altair hurried to finish the last page of her book when she heard her name called. Then she shut the book and walked into the sorting room. She knew she should be a water user, like the rest of her family. But she knew almost before she touched the water that she would have no affinity with it, her hand passed right through. She felt no disappointment though, she reached the ball of mist and when it fell but did not break, she knew she was an air user. "Yes." Altair muttered to herself as she walked out of the sorting room, "Air." and she finally felt she was placed where she belonged.

Ezra: *As the final student has been determined their element she took the chance to leave the hall through the doors that were conveniently right behind her- she knew how crowded the hallways would get and would do anything to avoid that. She walked along the empty halls that were lit dimly lit. She ran her hand along the cool wall, indulging in her own thoughts in silence hoping that no one would disturb her *

Back