[Epic] Ages Eternal - Transient RP - Interest Check

Lazzamore

WAAAAAAAAAA-
Hello all, new idea now, just wanting to see if I could drum up at least five people interested again.

The Gist
I call it a 'Transient' rp because the Nature of it is that it will span over long periods of time. Rather then grow out, we will attempt to follow a single planets history from start to finish. I was informed this would take way too much time, but bear with me - That is just our ultimate goal, and their will be LONG time leaps between eras.

Their would be about four eras intended from the get-go, and from then on we will play it by year. The Eras will each have a different stylization to them.

The first era
The first era would be cover the planets Creation. More or less we will play as demi-gods and goddesses who are children of an all-powerful deity who gave us the power to create, but not destroy or control. We will create all the life and landmarks and races involved in the future of the world, as well as struggle between ourselves with the main story of this chapter.

More details are pending, of course, this is just a preliminary check.

Afterwords
After that we will start playing with the races and things we all created. We would logically start with a stone or bronze-age setting, and move on from there, perhaps ending in the Medieval period, or Renaissance, or maybe even a cyberpunk-esque future, if we get that far.

So, what do you guys think?

this sounds neat-- I would possibly be interested in joining in. Keep me updated, if I'm not too busy with school and whatnot I'd maybe be able to RP in this if you get some others to play as well. Would you be the GM?

I like it, but I think if you just focus on the interaction between gods and the world it would attract more people. Just focus on one thing for now and flesh out the rest as the rp expands.
So that's two of five so far...

Well, the intention was not to create a dedicated god RP, it's a god RP and a Nation-building and a fantasy character-driven and etc. If the desire to continue playing the demi-god characters is strong enough and comes from everyone I'll certainly consider it, though. The intention, however, is to world-build IC as gods and then when we are done, move on to playing the races we made in the environments our characters thought up.

Maybe we can make a nation RP in which our nations follow a specific god (played by us) and go to war and try to convert their rival nations. That could be a good middle ground.

Well, that's really not what I was going for here, though that'd be a fine RP in itself. This was more of a marriage of Character-driven RPs and Nation building RPs, in that we play characters (the demi-gods) that literally form the world we will later play in. And we can, as we see fit, create nations too. Sorry if that wasn't clear enough.

Pawnige: 'Eeeeeyyyy!!

_BB_: Alright!

Theoretically, We could start now. Epics require five people INCLUDING the GM, afterall. But I'd like to get one or two more, for redundancy, and so I can run a few more ideas by you guys and take a roll call. I'll be working on that in a few hours.

Just posting my ideas for the setting/dynamic.

Prehistory
The universe was created by secretive Deity called the Allfather. the Allfather, for reasons undisclosed, like everything the Allfather does, created in this new world a number of children for his glory. These Children could manipulate matter into anything they could think of; almost anything at all, but only as powerful as they. they were called 'Demigods' and 'Demigoddesses'. The caveat: they could never undo was they already done; and they could never control it. Once they were done, it was out of their hands.

Setting
The children (I say children, but they don't age and were created, not born, they can appear however you want) would live on a utopian floating island in a sea of sky and cloud. In the center was their tool; A great pool that reflects another world instead of the heavenly land the children live in. To submerge oneself in the pool is to be taken to the mortal realm, in spirit form. The children of the Allfather take physical form only in the Allfathers Realm.

sounds rad. So just like a timeline for me so I can start thinking about my character-- when are you hoping to have our characters drafted and ready? also--did the Allfather create the mortal world as well? Whats the connection?

I hope to have it up by the end of the week, maybe. Give me a couple days to recruit a few more players and iron out details and then hold a sort of roll call just to insure everyone's going to be active, Then a few days to work with Tiko or Dash on setting up the forum space. With any luck, we can be up and running sometime early next week, or maybe as soon as late this week if all goes rip-roaringly well!

And yes, the Allfather made the mortal world too.

sounds awesome!

Edit.
@Lazamore will we be playing demigods the whole time? or are we going to have several characters, on for each time jump?

Well then, Let's take a roll call, just to insure everyone's still on board. Anybody interested can still join, really anytime. But Roll call: everyone who still wants to be apart of this RP please post so!

Back