Open Epic Role Play Ad. World of Magic

Moose

Squiddily diddily
Benefactor
I am working on a magic epic role play that I would like people to be able to make their own RPs within and I would like to do a few guided stories within it. I know I have the interest of at least one person, but I'm trying to make sure that there's enough people that are gonna be playing within it. The Epic RP is up and you can find it at https://www.storytellerscircle.com/categories/interplanar-scientific-mage-association.569/

It is set in a world where a magic workers union with ties to organized crime takes over the world. Through this they were able to institute eugenics practices that encouraged breeding between magic users and non magic users, causing the latter to disappear entirely.

Through their domination, they are additionally able to make wars nearly nonexistent in exchange for everyone working for the same, regulated, almighty dollar.

There are seven types of magic, all with their own ranking system that is numbered by how much you get paid by regulation standards. The numbers of the ranking system match up across the board (A tier four elemental gets paid the same as a tier four conjuration mage) The types of magic are also color coded with clothing that's color coded required to be worn when representing as that type of mage.

The types of magic are:
Conjuration- Pink- Create portals, summon creatures, control them. Necromancers are technically part of this category, so yes, necromancers at work summoning the dead must wear pink.
summoner_by_liyart-d62cnei.jpg

Enhancers- Red- Self explanatory, Enhancer is short for creature enhancer, you can enhance your physical abilities and the physical abilities of others. To be able to do this they require doctor like knowledge of whoever they are enhancing. So a jacked up guy in red will beat you up and be able to tend to your wounds.
The-Incredibles.jpg

Thaumaturgists- Orange- mess with the fabric of reality. This type of mage requires the most education, as befitting for a person who is able to fuck with all the laws of nature except time. This classification has the only Tier 8 classification as they can become literal gods.
latest

Elementals- Yellow- Did you like Avatar the Last Airbender? Well so did I. Mages in this category are capable of bending the elements just like them, but they are able to choose their elements and get skilled enough to become like the avatar themselves. (Unfortunately the waterbending skill of healing is not in this)

Healers- Green- Does what it says on the tin, since it also requires doctor like knowledge of whoever they are healing, there is a lot of crossover between enhancers and healers.
0a73815ae69f26d5bd12dc1803833055.jpg

Psiionics- Blue- These bois psychic. They can do anything from simply moving objects to creating whole structures woven from the psychic energy of their mind. They universally are able to read minds from puberty on, and with how easy it is for them to literally change minds, they are distrusted.
psion-dnd.jpg

Enchanters- Purple- These magic users are able to enhance inanimate objects, with the very greatest being able to bestow effects borrowed from other schools of magic.
magic_blacksmith-Fantasy_Artistic_design_Wallpaper_1280x1024.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome, that makes two who are interested, I'm gonna take a nap, and then get back to you to see if we can have an RP set up and going by the time the epic goes up.

And since the Thaumaturgists can pretty much control reality, would they be able to conjure thins out of nothing. Say a building appearing out of nowhere?

Yes, and not nothing, they are able to control the strong and weak forces of the universe, meaning that they can affect fusion and fission. You can make a building out of what was once oxygen and is now steel and various other molecules/atoms.

It would depend on the energy that they would want to make it from. Lightning, hell yeah. Pure magic, well you need to be tier six for that, so keep it in mind. Concentrated bolts of various matter types? Also yes.

The characters that you make, would they start from tier one and make their way up to a tier 8 as the story progresses? Or could you pick from like, tier 1 - 4 or something.

And with the elementals, would they be able to combine elements to make a different one, For example, Fire and Earth make magma or lava.

You would just pick one and you would know your limits within your powers from the tiers. And only Thaumaturgy goes up to eight, and most schools only go up to six. As for the combining, what you are doing is using elemental energy flowing in from the elemental planes and using that to manipulate material whereever you are. Fire and Earth could make magma or lava, but that would be using your mastery of earth to manipulate the material and your mastery of fire to heat it up.

Back