Resolved/Answered Epic Roleplays: A Few Questions

Maxxeen

plate of fries
Heyo, Maxx here. I've got a few questions about epic roleplays, for when I'm able to post in the roleplay sections.

I already have an idea for an epic roleplay, an idea that I think would go really well for it, and I'm trying to work out as much as possible beforehand.

So...

Question One - Are there any non-written requirements to start one?
What I meant by this, is... I know the requirements it says in the guide, but I was wondering if there was anything not written there that could result in a request for one being rejected. I doubt it, but I just wanna make sure.

Question Two - When writing the request/interest check, should I write it expecting it to be an epic roleplay?
So, should I write the request as I would write a regular thread, with my rules, character sheet template, etc.? Or should I write it expecting it to be accepted as an epic roleplay and only include stuff needed for that?

Question Three - Are there any epic-roleplay-specific things I should include when writing the interest check?
I'm not entirely sure what these would be, but is there anything specifically related to it being an epic roleplay when writing the interest check?

Question Four - Anything else?
Is there anything else about epic roleplays, not necessarily just for the interest check, that I should start thinking about?

Sorry for all the questions, but thank you to anyone who helps me out! ^-^

Hey there :) Happy to answer your questions.

#1) Nah. The requirements are just a framework to smooth the process, not a pass or fail test. If something's missing or we need any additional information we'll just ask rather than reject a request.

#2) You can go either way on that one, but if you have a solid premise and player interest, that's really all that we look for. We really try to help foster peoples roleplays here, and aren't looking for reasons to shoot requests down. And if you're really not sure you can always PM your idea to us ahead of time and we can let you know that it looks like it would fit the criteria of an epic roleplay.

#3) Not really. People are pretty free to do their interest checks however they want. I did an an interest check that didn't even have a world or setting built yet, and it wound up an epic roleplay from the sheer interest it garnered. Do what feels comfortable to you.

#4) Organization probably. The epic roleplays come with a greater degree of organization due to their size. Having an idea in mind of how you want to structure and run your roleplay can be helpful as you gather interest and start setting things up.

Hope that helps!

Hey there :) Happy to answer your questions.

#1) Nah. The requirements are just a framework to smooth the process, not a pass or fail test. If something's missing or we need any additional information we'll just ask rather than reject a request.

#2) You can go either way on that one, but if you have a solid premise and player interest, that's really all that we look for. We really try to help foster peoples roleplays here, and aren't looking for reasons to shoot requests down. And if you're really not sure you can always PM your idea to us ahead of time and we can let you know that it looks like it would fit the criteria of an epic roleplay.

#3) Not really. People are pretty free to do their interest checks however they want. I did an an interest check that didn't even have a world or setting built yet, and it wound up an epic roleplay from the sheer interest it garnered. Do what feels comfortable to you.

#4) Organization probably. The epic roleplays come with a greater degree of organization due to their size. Having an idea in mind of how you want to structure and run your roleplay can be helpful as you gather interest and start setting things up.

Hope that helps!

Thank you! That helps a lot! ^-^
I'm gonna start writing the request thread in a google document, so would it be okay for me to PM you the link to that once I'm happy with it to see if it fits?

Uh, I've got another question about Epic Roleplays. In the guidelines, it says about how one of the things the GM of one can do is 'manage thread tags'. Does that mean adding ones they need? And if so... How do I do that?

If you look at the top of this thread, you'll see (question) Epic Roleplays: A Few Questions. Right beneath that, you'll see

Thread starterMaxxeen Start dateJun 30, 2020 TagsNone

If you have the ability to add tags, you'll be able to just click on the tag icon to add tags.

https://www.storytellerscircle.com/tags/ <-- that's a list of tags that have been used in the past to give you an idea of what people tend to use them for.
https://www.storytellerscircle.com/threads/prologue-the-fall-of-the-light.7461/ <-- And there's an example of a thread that has had tags added to it.

They're mostly used to identify a thread in a manner that someone might search for its type of content. Generally speaking people don't use them much here since the bulletin board serves to funnel people, but the option is available and they're good for google to identify what a thread is about when its bots are trawling the forums.

Ooooooooooooh, okay. Like that. I totally forgot those things are called tags. I think I got it mixed up with prefixes. Thanks! Sorry for such a stupid question I could have solved by just stopping and thinking.

What exactly does it mean by 'managing tags'? Like, is it choosing which tags can be used in a subforum, or is it more just adding tags to any thread, or...? I've got a feeling this is probably another stupid question...

Normally you can only add tags to your own threads. But in your roleplay you can add/remove tags from anyone's threads.

Back