• Donation Drive: We're looking to pull in enough donations to cover the server expenses for August and September ($140). Rest assured that the website will remain paid regardless of whether we meet our goal, but things will be financially tight for us until about mid September. Any donations that come in, in the interim, will really help ease things for us. See donation information for further details as well as information about our donation process. Thank you!

Side Story Escape from Purgatory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky

But We Were Happy
JITTERS and Harry Goodman

" MY SHOUTING ISN'T THAT BAD. I HAVE A NAME TOO. I'M A PIKACHU, BUT MY MOMMA AND ALL MY FRIENDS CALL ME JITTERS. ANYONE ELSE THINKING THAT THE DARKNESS IS-" JITTERS replied, before being cut off.

"
Yes- the darkness does look scary. Hey, JITTERs, I think we should play a fun game? It's called the " The quiet game", where you don't talk," Harry suggested.

@Jeremi @Capri @Sark @Yun Lee @Takumi @Everyone
 

Yun Lee

The Sculptor
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
Staff Member on Hiatus
"This place gives me the creeps..." Even Haohmaru had the good sense to keep his voice down here, hand on the hilt of his blade in case anything tried to take advantage of the situation they were in. Remy in the meantime just kept to himself, mostly figuring he was best off tagging along for his own benefit so why bother talking with these people?

@Jeremi @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Josh @Lucky @MegaMeerkat @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
As their group advanced, Python drew his bow and knoched an arrow with a silent sigh, while Kris drew their sword as the group walked.

Python went to take up the rear of the group in the meantime, keeping an eye out to make sure they weren't spotted and followed, while Kris stuck near Paz and Lindhart.

@Jeremi @Capri @Lucky @Sark @Yun Lee @Everyone
Python saw no moment, nor any sounds coming from the forest. Even at sunset there had to be some kind birds or other animals around, right?

JITTERS and Harry Goodman

" MY SHOUTING ISN'T THAT BAD. I HAVE A NAME TOO. I'M A PIKACHU, BUT MY MOMMA AND ALL MY FRIENDS CALL ME JITTERS. ANYONE ELSE THINKING THAT THE DARKNESS IS-" JITTERS replied, before being cut off.

"
Yes- the darkness does look scary. Hey, JITTERs, I think we should play a fun game? It's called the " The quiet game", where you don't talk," Harry suggested.

@Jeremi @Capri @Sark @Yun Lee @Takumi @Everyone
"Oh that's a really good game," Shantotto remarked. "Perhaps that silence could be your claim to fame? We're all in agreement that if we need to escape, that the rat will be the bait?"

"This place gives me the creeps..." Even Haohmaru had the good sense to keep his voice down here, hand on the hilt of his blade in case anything tried to take advantage of the situation they were in. Remy in the meantime just kept to himself, mostly figuring he was best off tagging along for his own benefit so why bother talking with these people?

@Jeremi @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Josh @Lucky @MegaMeerkat @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee
"It's all old wives tales," Heihachi grunted, despite his original comments about the forest. Soon enough though the forest let out and they found a...stone road? A path wide enough for two opened up to the group. Shantotto had increased the power of her flame so the group could see a little further ahead. The path seemed to lead to a gate with a staircase leading up.

"There wasn't supposed to be any structures in the forest," Heihachi murmured softly to himself. It seemed the group had three paths to choose from. Either they could follow the road down from wherever it started, continue up the stairs, or risk moving ahead through the forest. It would buy them time but with the sun almost set navigating through the darkness and the fog with only one source of light could be difficult.


@Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Josh @Lucky @MegaMeerkat @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee
 

Capri

dune agenda
"If you don't quiet down, you might die..." Linhardt offhandedly remarks to Jitters, before reaching the fork in the road.

He places his finger lightly on his chin, furrowing his brow in concentrated thought.

"If what you say is true... and there was meant to be no structures in the forest, then it could be that this could be a trap set up by this Warden fellow. But... if I recall correctly... this map being one of the only ones remaining... could it be that this map is outdated? If it isn't, then this is certainly quite a predicament we have found ourselves in..."

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Josh @MegaMeerkat @Yun Lee
 

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club
Python saw no moment, nor any sounds coming from the forest. Even at sunset there had to be some kind birds or other animals around, right?



"Oh that's a really good game," Shantotto remarked. "Perhaps that silence could be your claim to fame? We're all in agreement that if we need to escape, that the rat will be the bait?"



"It's all old wives tales," Heihachi grunted, despite his original comments about the forest. Soon enough though the forest let out and they found a...stone road? A path wide enough for two opened up to the group. Shantotto had increased the power of her flame so the group could see a little further ahead. The path seemed to lead to a gate with a staircase leading up.

"There wasn't supposed to be any structures in the forest," Heihachi murmured softly to himself. It seemed the group had three paths to choose from. Either they could follow the road down from wherever it started, continue up the stairs, or risk moving ahead through the forest. It would buy them time but with the sun almost set navigating through the darkness and the fog with only one source of light could be difficult.


@Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Josh @Lucky @MegaMeerkat @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee
The fact that there aren't any noises from the cute little woodland creatures wasn't alarming at all. Nope.

"If you don't quiet down, you might die..." Linhardt offhandedly remarks to Jitters, before reaching the fork in the road.

He places his finger lightly on his chin, furrowing his brow in concentrated thought.

"If what you say is true... and there was meant to be no structures in the forest, then it could be that this could be a trap set up by this Warden fellow. But... if I recall correctly... this map being one of the only ones remaining... could it be that this map is outdated? If it isn't, then this is certainly quite a predicament we have found ourselves in..."

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Josh @MegaMeerkat @Yun Lee
"Creepy too quiet forest aside, maybe the building is tied to the disappearances?" Python piped up as he twirled the arrow he drew from the quiver in his hand, frowning as he glanced to the building before them.

"On top of the potential of the map being outdated, of course, though something tells me we wouldn't want to stick around when it gets dark." He added with a shrug.

They had places to be, airships to steal, after all. Plus they were making him do more work than he currently wanted to with all this thinking and suggesting on top of being part of this man's 'army'.

JITTERS and Harry Goodman

" MY SHOUTING ISN'T THAT BAD. I HAVE A NAME TOO. I'M A PIKACHU, BUT MY MOMMA AND ALL MY FRIENDS CALL ME JITTERS. ANYONE ELSE THINKING THAT THE DARKNESS IS-" JITTERS replied, before being cut off.

"
Yes- the darkness does look scary. Hey, JITTERs, I think we should play a fun game? It's called the " The quiet game", where you don't talk," Harry suggested.

@Jeremi @Capri @Sark @Yun Lee @Takumi @Everyone
"I'll play with you, see how long you can last against me, alright?" Kris spoke to Jitters with a small smile. Mostly, this was an excuse not to talk for a while, since their throat had started to hurt a bit, but also to help encourage the loud Pokemon to be quiet for a while with a bit of a more friendly approach.

@Jeremi @Capri @Sark @MegaMeerkat @Lucky @Yun Lee @Everyone
 

Lucky

But We Were Happy
JITTERS and Harry Goodman

JITTERS looked over and nodded. It only took a few moments before he decided that he didn't like this game, but he only hated one thing more. Losing. He would point to the stairs, curious about them.

Harry would pause for a moment. "
If it's not a trap by the Warden, it might be a trap by the forest itself. I think we should continue through the woods. If it's not on the map, it probably has nothing good to offer."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Capri @Sark @MegaMeerkat @Yun Lee @Everyone
 

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club
JITTERS and Harry Goodman

JITTERS looked over and nodded. It only took a few moments before he decided that he didn't like this game, but he only hated one thing more. Losing. He would point to the stairs, curious about them.

Harry would pause for a moment. "
If it's not a trap by the Warden, it might be a trap by the forest itself. I think we should continue through the woods. If it's not on the map, it probably has nothing good to offer."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Capri @Sark @MegaMeerkat @Yun Lee @Everyone
Kris shrugged in response to Jitters, but went to investigate the stairs in question, keeping an eye on the group as he did so.

"Could be. The building could be here due to this whole melding thing too." Python suggested. He just wanted the group to get out of this forest before dark, else they'd likely get stuck until sunrise.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Capri @Sark @Yun Lee @MegaMeerkat @Everyone
 

Yun Lee

The Sculptor
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
Staff Member on Hiatus
Oh yes. Of course. A house that shouldn't be here at all just so happening to exist. Nothing about that was suspicious at all. But as much as Remy would love to just keep going, he sighed. "It's not like we have much of a choice, even if it seems like we do," he said. "If it's as the boy says. clearly the forest wants us to enter this house. I've no doubt it will only get more persistent unless we do as it wants."

Haohmaru would join Kris at the steps. "Hey Gramps, which way are we supposed to go, huh? That map of yours point to any direction in particular?"

@Jeremi @Takumi @Capri @Sark @MegaMeerkat @Lucky @Yun Lee @Everyone​
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
"If you don't quiet down, you might die..." Linhardt offhandedly remarks to Jitters, before reaching the fork in the road.

He places his finger lightly on his chin, furrowing his brow in concentrated thought.

"If what you say is true... and there was meant to be no structures in the forest, then it could be that this could be a trap set up by this Warden fellow. But... if I recall correctly... this map being one of the only ones remaining... could it be that this map is outdated? If it isn't, then this is certainly quite a predicament we have found ourselves in..."

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Josh @MegaMeerkat @Yun Lee
JITTERS and Harry Goodman

JITTERS looked over and nodded. It only took a few moments before he decided that he didn't like this game, but he only hated one thing more. Losing. He would point to the stairs, curious about them.

Harry would pause for a moment. "
If it's not a trap by the Warden, it might be a trap by the forest itself. I think we should continue through the woods. If it's not on the map, it probably has nothing good to offer."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Capri @Sark @MegaMeerkat @Yun Lee @Everyone
Kris shrugged in response to Jitters, but went to investigate the stairs in question, keeping an eye on the group as he did so.

"Could be. The building could be here due to this whole melding thing too." Python suggested. He just wanted the group to get out of this forest before dark, else they'd likely get stuck until sunrise.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Capri @Sark @Yun Lee @MegaMeerkat @Everyone
Oh yes. Of course. A house that shouldn't be here at all just so happening to exist. Nothing about that was suspicious at all. But as much as Remy would love to just keep going, he sighed. "It's not like we have much of a choice, even if it seems like we do," he said. "If it's as the boy says. clearly the forest wants us to enter this house. I've no doubt it will only get more persistent unless we do as it wants."

Haohmaru would join Kris at the steps. "Hey Gramps, which way are we supposed to go, huh? That map of yours point to any direction in particular?"

@Jeremi @Takumi @Capri @Sark @MegaMeerkat @Lucky @Yun Lee @Everyone​
Heihachi was stationed under the light of Shantotto to try and make heads or tails of the map. "I was lead to understand that there were no constructs in the area," He replied with a hint of frustration. "Houses, roads or not, the fastest way is to go through the woods here," He pointed right into the woods where they had come out from the other side of the road.

"With night coming it might be risky to travel through the woods, but if we want to get through this fast then that's what we should do. However..." He looked to the two paths before ending up staring up the stairs. "I am the brains of the operation, but I also understand I can not force a situation. The majority will decide where we go."


@Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Josh @Lucky @MegaMeerkat @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee
 

Capri

dune agenda
Heihachi was stationed under the light of Shantotto to try and make heads or tails of the map. "I was lead to understand that there were no constructs in the area," He replied with a hint of frustration. "Houses, roads or not, the fastest way is to go through the woods here," He pointed right into the woods where they had come out from the other side of the road.

"With night coming it might be risky to travel through the woods, but if we want to get through this fast then that's what we should do. However..." He looked to the two paths before ending up staring up the stairs. "I am the brains of the operation, but I also understand I can not force a situation. The majority will decide where we go."
linhardt - Edited.png
"Well... whichever way is quicker, I just want to get off this island..."

Linhardt stretched a little to wake himself up.

"If you get hurt just tell me, I'm good at Faith magic, so I can heal your injuries..."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Sark @Lucky @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Josh @MegaMeerkat
 

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club
Heihachi was stationed under the light of Shantotto to try and make heads or tails of the map. "I was lead to understand that there were no constructs in the area," He replied with a hint of frustration. "Houses, roads or not, the fastest way is to go through the woods here," He pointed right into the woods where they had come out from the other side of the road.

"With night coming it might be risky to travel through the woods, but if we want to get through this fast then that's what we should do. However..." He looked to the two paths before ending up staring up the stairs. "I am the brains of the operation, but I also understand I can not force a situation. The majority will decide where we go."


@Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Josh @Lucky @MegaMeerkat @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee
Right, the big ol' brains of the bunch. Resisting the urge to roll his eyes, Python placed a hand on his hip after putting his arrow away.

"Well if it's the quickest way, I say to try the woods. Looks like those two are checking out the stairs over there." He shrugged as motioned to Kris and Haohmaru briefly as he spoke.

Kris shifted where they stood, before motioning to the stairs with a tilt of their head before taking a further look at them to try and get a look at how far they led. Glad Haohmaru had joined them and had their back, the Lightner was prepared to draw their sword in case of any potential threats.

@Jeremi @Capri @Yun Lee @Sark
 

Gummi Bunnies

identity unknown...
Benefactor
The Convergence Series GM


❝ Aye, I reckon the faster way through would do us some good. I'm sure we can handle it. ❞ Hop agreed to the idea, seeing as it was an option that they could take. He clutched the pokeball that contained his Rillaboom tightly, ready to send out his grass-type starter if need be.

@Jeremi @Capri @Yun Lee @Sark @Takumi
 

Lucky

But We Were Happy
Harry and Jitters

"
I think that whatever we do, we shouldn't be splitting up. The last thing we need is half of us to die because of our own stupidity. If the woods are unsafe at night..... then.... I guess the stairs it is."

JITTERS would clap happily as Kris climbed the stairs with him.

@Jeremi @Capri @Yun Lee @Sark @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies
 

Yun Lee

The Sculptor
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
Staff Member on Hiatus
With no armor and no weapons, Remy crossed his arms. "I'm for whichever option doesn't get us all killed," he snarked. "If the woods are dangerous at night, then maybe the stairs are the best option."

@Jeremi @Everyone​
 

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club
With no armor and no weapons, Remy crossed his arms. "I'm for whichever option doesn't get us all killed," he snarked. "If the woods are dangerous at night, then maybe the stairs are the best option."

@Jeremi @Everyone​
"Don't worry so much Stud, we got a few capable fighters here, just stick close and you should be fine." Python remarked rather casually despite the frown on his face. Despite his easy way of speaking, he was a little worried about what it'd mean if they didn't get this dumb job completed and got caught by the Warden's men.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Everyone
 

Yun Lee

The Sculptor
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
Staff Member on Hiatus
Remy wasn't even going to dignify that with a response. God, he couldn't wait to get out of here and away from all these people.

Haohmaru, meanwhile, looked around their group. "Just lead the way and I'll cut us a path through!" The samurai boasted, resting his katana on his shoulder. "Anything to get us out of this creepy place..."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Everyone​
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
Right, the big ol' brains of the bunch. Resisting the urge to roll his eyes, Python placed a hand on his hip after putting his arrow away.

"Well if it's the quickest way, I say to try the woods. Looks like those two are checking out the stairs over there." He shrugged as motioned to Kris and Haohmaru briefly as he spoke.

Kris shifted where they stood, before motioning to the stairs with a tilt of their head before taking a further look at them to try and get a look at how far they led. Glad Haohmaru had joined them and had their back, the Lightner was prepared to draw their sword in case of any potential threats.

@Jeremi @Capri @Yun Lee @Sark

Kris found that the darkness quickly overtook him the further he got up the stairs. As it was he couldn't say how far they actually went. It seemed however that most of them were ready to dare the forest which caused Heihachi to laugh. "Gwahaha! This was a test and most of you succeeded! Of course, we take the shortest path no matter how suspicious it might be!"

He looked over to Harry and Kris. "Feel free to take the stairs but you will be left in the dust! Come, men! I didn't become the leader of the Mishima Zaibatsu by taking the easy path!"

Shantotto looked at some of the group around her and shrugged. "Well, I am the light bearer. So at the end of the day, I'm the one you will follow." Her staff flared up as two orbs of light started to float around the group. "Let's hope the path is not too much to swallow." With that, the group started to make their way through the forest.


The sun had completely set and the darkness around them was almost palpable. It even felt like the orbs of light were going to be sucked into it but they managed to continue on without much of an issue. The forest was getting thick but with Haohmaru's help and Heihachi felling them with just his fists, a path opened for them.

Soon enough though the group saw something breaking through the darkness. A short distance ahead they noticed a light, like a small fire burning. Heihachi let out an annoyed grunt. "It seems that we are not the only one in this forest..." Would they dare to inspect the fire or would they decide to go around it?​

@Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Josh @Lucky @MegaMeerkat @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee
 
Last edited:

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club

Kris found that the darkness quickly overtook him the further he got up the stairs. As it was he couldn't say how far they actually went. It seemed however that most of them were ready to dare the forest which caused Heihachi to laugh. "Gwahaha! This was a test and most of you succeeded! Of course, we take the shortest path no matter how suspicious it might be!"

He looked over to Harry and Kris. "Feel free to take the stairs but you will be left in the dust! Come, men! I didn't become the leader of the Mishima Zaibatsu by taking the easy path!"

Shantotto looked at some of the group around her and shrugged. "Well, I am the light bearer. So at the end of the day, I'm the one you will follow." Her staff flared up as two orbs of light started to float around the group. "Let's hope the path is not too much to swallow." With that, the group started to make their way through the forest.


The sun had completely set and the darkness around them was almost palpable. It even felt like the orbs of light were going to be sucked into it but they managed to continue on without much of an issue. The forest was getting thick but with Haohmaru's help and Heihachi felling them with just his fists, a path opened for them.

Soon enough though the group saw something breaking through the darkness. A short distance ahead they noticed a light, like a small fire burning. Heihachi let out an annoyed grunt. "It seems that we are not the only one in this forest..." Would they dare to inspect the fire or would they decide to go around it?​

@Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Josh @Lucky @MegaMeerkat @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee
Well, it was too dark to see,so this investigation wasn't going anywhere. Turning, Kris went to follow the rest of the group with a roll of their eyes at Heihachi as they picked up Jitters and placed him back on their head with a scratch to the Pikachu's chin. Motioning to Harry to follow with a frown,they crossed their arms at Heihachi's comment on the fire.

"People disappeared in this forest before right? Could be one of them or someone looking to test the rumor." Python shrugged. He wasn't bothered with Remy not saying anything after their little chat, some people just aren't the talkative type.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Capri @Sark @Everyone
 

Lucky

But We Were Happy
JITTERS and Harry Goodman

JITTERS would give a smile, making sure to make no noise. It wanted to win the silent game. " I imagine we are going to find trouble at the fire. It's probably safer to go around it."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Capri @Sark @Everyone
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
Well, it was too dark to see,so this investigation wasn't going anywhere. Turning, Kris went to follow the rest of the group with a roll of their eyes at Heihachi as they picked up Jitters and placed him back on their head with a scratch to the Pikachu's chin. Motioning to Harry to follow with a frown,they crossed their arms at Heihachi's comment on the fire.

"People disappeared in this forest before right? Could be one of them or someone looking to test the rumor." Python shrugged. He wasn't bothered with Remy not saying anything after their little chat, some people just aren't the talkative type.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Capri @Sark @Everyone
JITTERS and Harry Goodman

JITTERS would give a smile, making sure to make no noise. It wanted to win the silent game. " I imagine we are going to find trouble at the fire. It's probably safer to go around it."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Capri @Sark @Everyone

"Oh, you don't have to worry about me!" An unfamiliar voice echoed through the forest from the direction of the fire. "I won't bite, I promise."

Not one who would show his fear Heihachi made his way towards the light followed closely by Shantotto who seemed curious about this mystery person in the forest.

If the others chose to follow they'd soon meet a raggedy, disheveled man who rose up from the tree stump he was sitting on to greet them.



"Why it's a real surprise to see someone else inside this scary-looking forest, and so late at night as well!" He motioned towards the fire. "Join me for a bit, won't you? It's unwise to venture further, even if you have some light," The man said as he looked down at Shantotto with a smile.​

@Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Josh @Lucky @MegaMeerkat @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top