Side Story Escape from Purgatory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again Heihachi pushed the slab away this time with such force it was sent flying into the ground and breaking on impact. The serene courtyard had changed into a war zone with the castle up in fires. Bodies of regular humans and scrapped robots were scattered everywhere and the door to the left was covered with a massive chunk of ice blocking anyone from following.

Considering that the area continued to still be awfully quiet, Shantotto's distraction seemed to have done the trick. "Our path is clear," Heihachi now made his way towards the main entrance and with a punch they were inside the main castle portion.

There was a massive staircase in front of them leading up to the upper floors. Even here it seemed like there was no one guarding the place.

@Gummi Bunnies @Josh @Lucky @MegaMeerkat @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee @Capri

The area was surprisingly quiet. If this truly was where the Warden operated from surely there would be more of, well, everything. No security, be it guards or even cameras. No robots either. Just and ancient feudal era Japan castle with its creaking stairs as the group continued on from the bottom floor.

"Humph." Heihachi almost looked disappointed when he came up next to Haohmaru. "A decrepit castle easily entered through a hollowed out cave. This is not how I envisioned all of this." Soon though as he pushed up another set of doors they found another hallway and at the end of it a door guarded by two lonely sentry men dressed in riot gear. If the group were quick enough they could potentially incapacitate and potentially interrogate them before they could set off any alarms.

Harry Goodman and JITTTERS

Harry would notice that the area was empty and there were two guards. " Something about this seems incredibly off. I can't shake the feeling that we are missing something crucial." He would look around the area with his critical detective eye to see what was wrong.

JITTERS looked at them. " Who should knock out guards? I can make them have a shocking time."

@Jeremi @Josh @Gummi Bunnies @MegaMeerkat @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee @Caori

Haohmaru decided to stay back as Harry made his quick analysis. As much as he would love to face off against someone around here, everyone was right. This all seemed far too easy a victory. Either the mastermind behind this all was planning something catastrophic...or they were just really bad at hiring security.

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Josh @Lucky @MegaMeerkat @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee @Capri

Heihachi most of the time was a planer but at this point he was done waiting. With surprising speeds for a man of his age he bridged the gap between the group and the two guard. Before they could react one of the guards was knocked unconscious by a swift blow to the head while the other was gripped by Heihachi and tossed in the middle of the group.

"There we go," Heihachi returned back to the group with a grin on his face. "Now what will we do with him?"

Harry Goodman and JITTERS

Harry would look over at him and then back at the knocked out guard. " I guess if the security is as bad as it is here, it might be useful if two of us disguise as the guards. I doubt our mastermind knows their faces." He would see if either of the guards were his size.

Jitters looked around curiously.

@Gummi Bunnies @Josh @MegaMeerkat @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee @Capri

Remy clicked his tongue. "Save your bloodlust for the one in charge. Killing some mook isn't worth the energy." Although... "But perhaps our mook might be a bit useful. Tell us what you know about this place, who owns it, and what you're all hiding here...and perhaps you can join your colleague in merely being knocked unconscious.

The guard gulped and nodded. “The compound is this old castle, it’s the pits. No running water no electricity it’s the worst.”

“Cry me a river,” Heihachi shook him. “We don’t care about that. Tell us about the Warden. Who are they?”

The guard shook his head. “Anyone who sees them ends up dead. All I know is that the Warden is the boss around here and calls the shots. A-and we’re not hiding anything. It’s guard duty we’re just looking after you prisoners.”

“But where is everyone? If this is the base of operation it should be crawling with guards!” Heihachi shook him around again. “You must be hiding a massive force somewhere!”

“N-no! W-we’re all that’s left! We don’t get reinforcements so if one of us goes down that’s it! Almost all of the robots have been destroyed and the majority of the guards went to take down that threat! I swear! We’re all that’s left!”

Heihachi’s eyes narrowed. “If you are lying to me…”

“I’m not!” The guard pointed towards the door he had been guarding. “You’ll find the Warden through those doors. C-can I go now?”

"Hmph, you and me both." Heihachi made his way towards the door and pushed it open. Inside they found a chamber lit by torches making visibility low.

"Welcome!" An unfamiliar voice echoed through the chamber. "Never in a million years did I ever expect rats such as you to breach my sanctum."

"Show yourself, coward!" Heihachi shouted into the dark when more torches suddenly lit up in the room revealing a throne and a man sitting in shadow.

"Here I am. The Warden of your misery. The leader of Purgatory." The man chuckled softly. "Has your stay been as enjoyable as expected?"

"Awfully pompous for a man who can't even withstand a breach of his lair." Remy glared at the shadowy man before them, but stayed back. This situation still seemed too easy for his liking. Something had to be going on...

"Hmph! It'd be better if this Purgatory of your had some worthy opponents." Lacking the qualms of Remy now that he was convinced this operation was going smoothly, Haohmaru pointed his blade towards the Warden. "Perhaps you'll do!"

The Warden laughed. "What do I care about the fodder of this is island? They have all served their purpose now that I have finally finished my plan!"

"What are you talking about? Aren't you the leader of this place?" Heihachi asked surprised.

"No I was much a prisoner as anyone. One of the first in fact, which was when I created the Warden. This was supposed to be a lawless land but I stepped in to fill the void."

"Unbelievable! You managed to whip these men into shape under your thumb?" Heihachi almost sounded impressed.

"Exactly! It has all been me and repurposed robots and disposable bodies! The few left are prepping my escape." A wall opened up behind the Warden as he vanished inside. "If you wish to see the results of my labor be ready to follow." His laughter echoed in the air as he vanished up the stairs.

To say the least, Remy was surprised by this turn of events. So...their Warden was actually cooperating with them? Wasn't even a Warden at all? It was confusing as hell, but for now he would shut his mouth and follow along, wanting answers for the multiple questions he had. Haohmaru would follow, too, but not happily. All this time, and not a single fight...the outside world better give him a good one.

The Warden laughed. "What do I care about the fodder of this is island? They have all served their purpose now that I have finally finished my plan!"

"What are you talking about? Aren't you the leader of this place?" Heihachi asked surprised.

"No I was much a prisoner as anyone. One of the first in fact, which was when I created the Warden. This was supposed to be a lawless land but I stepped in to fill the void."

"Unbelievable! You managed to whip these men into shape under your thumb?" Heihachi almost sounded impressed.

"Exactly! It has all been me and repurposed robots and disposable bodies! The few left are prepping my escape." A wall opened up behind the Warden as he vanished inside. "If you wish to see the results of my labor be ready to follow." His laughter echoed in the air as he vanished up the stairs.

Pythhon felt a bit underwhelmed, then again, when you've had to fight gargoyle like beasts and skeletons with flaming heads this seemed almost anticlimactic so far. It was also a bit confusing, to say the least. Sighing, he followed along with bow and arrow in hand.

Kris frowned, before deciding to move forward with their sword drawn and their free hand on Paz to keep her close should she need the comfort, while keeping close to Lindhart as well.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky @Capri @Sark

The weather had changed from a calm night to that of a thunderstorm as lightning flashed in the sky as the group reached the roof. It was spacious enough for them all to walk around with no fear of falling. In front of them, they saw the man again standing next to something huge covered by a tarp. “Finally! Let me show you what I am finally ready to let go on its maiden voyage!”

The tarp fell off and was caught with the wind sending it falling to the ground revealing a crude but operable airship under it. Or part of it they found out as the ground below them started to rumbles and the rest of the airship emerged from under them sending them all to slowly ascend to the air. “With this, I will finally be able to escape this accursed island and gain my rightful place as ruler of this entire domain! As for you…” He turned around. “I’m afraid however where your journey comes to an end.” The Warden went into an offensive stance readying himself.

“I Geese Howard will stain my hands with your blood. Come, show me what you are made of.”​

JITTTERs and Harry Goodman

Harry had been silent during most of this, not trusting the man who claimed to be the Warden. He wasn't a fighter..... however, he didn't need to be. He had been keeping his bag on him for a while and he started to search for something that could end this.

"
So, he's a bad guy? We have to hurt him right?"

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Josh @MegaMeerkat @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee @Capri

“Hurt. Kill.” Heihachi readied himself and charged. “An obstacle to be moved!” Geese had a condescending smirk on his face as Heihachi threw a punch that to his shock was caught as the old martial artists felt his body leave the ground as he was flung over the blond man’s back hitting the airship so hard it dented.

Geese assuredly turned towards the rest of the group. “Anyone else want to give it a try?”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back