Lucky

But We Were Happy
Prologue- Is There A Way Back Home?

This was just supposed to be a fun party. That was all Jack wanted. He wanted to prove that he could host a fun Halloween party that had just a little bit of supernatural, some cursed food, a dance off, the usual things that would come out of a normal party thrown by a teenager. But then, the guy who had rented the space out, one Lorenzo Clark had been found dead. And the house had been locked up.

It had become a murder mystery Halloween Party. Of course, the party had gotten done to some investigating and thanks to Nancy Drew and the actual investigator who chose to be unnamed at the moment ( Nancy knew who it was), the traitor was revealed to be Malroth.

"
Okay, now that we know who killed Lorenzo, we can finally go home. Let me just pull out the device to go home and then I guess- uhh- I'll call someone about what to do with our killer." Jack would pull out a small portal like device and threw it on the ground where it was supposed to make a cute little portal that took whoever needed it to go back home. " Well, that's not good," he replied, as the device would fizzle and not activate at all. It seemed that it was definitely broken.

"
I'm going to safely assume that it wasn't supposed to you know fizzle out, so what do we do know? Is there some other way to leave this city?" Nancy asked.

Larry scratched his beard, still annoyed that someone had shoved that cursed food in his face, leaving him with a now full beard and no way to currently shave it. He would be leaning against the door to the exit which had been locked, but heard a knock. It seemed when Larry went to go and touch it, it was able to be opened. " Should we see who that is?" He asked.

It seemed the party had a choice already. Answer the strange knock on the door or continue what they were doing and ignore it.... who knew who was on the other side, nobody had been able to leave the house.

Cast

@dark as Marius Titan and Legatus Vitallion (Ryse: Son of Rome)
@Lucky as Larry Crock ( Stargirl) and Nancy Drew ( Nancy Drew) and Jack (OC)
@Minerva as ?????
@Raynar Saassin as Kurie and Malroth ( Dragon Quest Builders 2)
@Rwac96 as Ragna the Bloodedge and Bullet ( Blazblue)
@taiga as Asagi Asagiri (Disgaea)
@Takumi as Nana (Noragami)

It was just supposed to be a fun party. That's all it was. A break from all the building, the monster hunting, and dealing with the Children of Hargon. That was it. But of course, things had to go wrong. As soon as the killer was revealed to be Malroth, Kurie approached them with an angry expression.

"Malroth!"
"What? I didn't like the way the guy spoke to me about how I looked. I wasn't exactly going to take it."
"But did you really have to kill them though? I thought you got past that side of yourself when we defeated your real form."
"Doesn't mean I can't have emotions, can I? Sigh... Whatever. Though I do wonder why we were locked in. I didn't do that."

When Kurie watched the portal fail, she walked over to it and crossed her arms, thinking of a way to fix it. She came up with wacky ways of fix things back home thanks to her Buildapedia, maybe that could be a solution. She reached for the backpack and grabbed out the book, flicking through page after page after page to see if anything was similar. No results.

"I can't find anything... Or think of anything to fix it... This is a new place, with new materials and mechanics. I can't do anything."
"Then I say we just break our way out and escape that way."
"Malroth! No! No more breaking things. At least until I tell you to, okay?"
"Okay... Fine. So what now?"

Kurie turned to the other guests, holding her Sword of Kings behind her.

"I know Malroth is the killer but please, trust me. Let's not do anything rash, please? I'm sure we can work this out, right?"

( @dark @Lucky @Minerva @Rwac96 @taiga @Takumi )

Prologue: Here We Go Again...

View attachment 11569
"Well, this went to hell," the infamous SS-Class Criminal, Ragna the Bloodedge said, shaking his head at the unfortunate developments, though it seemed typical in his experience.

What was supposed to be a calm gathering turned bad, as if the strange Crossing of Fate he experienced wasn't bizarre enough. Being thrown by a teenager was a headache enough, but it transformed into a murder mystery. Lorenzo was found dead, and the murderer turned out to be a child named Malroth. The silver-haired swordsman groans, a unmistakable scream was heard.

View attachment 11570
"This is bullshit," Bullet shouts, "not only I was dragged into a ridiculous party that went wrong, not only we're locked in, I'm locked in with Ragna the Bloodedge of all people!"

"Damn, Ass-Floss," Ragna rolls his eyes, "tell everyone how you really feel."

"Fuck you, Bloodedge! Will these supposed detectives hurry up and restrain the small murderer?!"

@dark @Lucky @Minerva @taiga @Takumi @Raynar Saassin

Lagutus Vatallion

View attachment 11572

Inside the party, two almost familiarly dressed Roman soldiers walked next to each other eying their locations. It almost seemed comical for two figures from ancient times fit into this Halloween party next to anime figures and other strangers around them.
The two figures muttered in heavy Latin and light English (Marius, certo scio quid in hoc tempore pervenerimus sed cave.Quis hic non habeat fiduciam) (Marius, I'm not sure what shit we got into this time but be careful. Can't trust anyone here.")

It was quick when a piercing scream was heard from a distance and whatever party this was, was now a murder.

Blood was on the floor already and people were pointing to the small figure Molroth as the murderer.

The woman in front of him was protecting the small figure and saying he wouldn't do it again.

It was clear the man in the blue didn't trust anyone here and he's seen his share of blood in war.

Fuck you, Bloodedge! Will these supposed detectives hurry up and restrain the small murderer?!"

"Urrrgh! Will you just shut up! Jeez, is everyone here just as annoying? It's like Lulu all over again!"

Malroth shot a remark towards Bullet as he had his club on him, ready to be used at a moment's notice.

"Besides. I'm not the only bad guy here, okay? For one, I did not lock the door. I'm not that big of an ass."
"There's a whole island back home who are still partly afraid of you, Malroth. Relax a little. You're still recovering from everything that had happened."
"Yeah. Yeah."

"Urrrgh! Will you just shut up! Jeez, is everyone here just as annoying? It's like Lulu all over again!"

The mercenary shot a sneer towards the club-wielder, rolling her eyes. She places her hands on her hips, sporting an unamused look on her face. She could be anywhere else, doing anything else. Instead, she was trapped in a place where the owner was murdered and trapped with strangers.. And the Grim Reaper.

"Don't mind Ass-Floss," Ragna says to Malroth, "she's cranky because she's not used to get-togethers."

"The pot calling the kettle black," Bullet replies to the wanted criminal. "besides, it seems we've walked into some sort of Phenomenon Intervention...likely your fault."

"Okay," he scowls at the merc, "one, piss off! Two, this isn't that, Bullet. This...this is somethin' else."

"Don't mind Ass-Floss," Ragna says to Malroth, "she's cranky because she's not used to get-togethers."

"Clearly."

"Okay," he scowls at the merc, "one, piss off! Two, this isn't that, Bullet. This...this is somethin' else."

"I think I like you already. You aren't as reserved."
"Malroth..."
"Just focus on your book, Kurie. Fixing and building things is your specialty, try to fix that portal."

Kurie gave in to it, and walked over to Jack with a curious glint in her eyes.

"Jack, right? I'm not sure if I introduced myself to you or not, but I'm a Master Builder. What materials did you use to make that portal? If I can just gather enough and figure out how it works, I could rebuild it and get us out of here the safe way."

( @Lucky )

"I think I like you already. You aren't as reserved."
"Malroth..."
"Just focus on your book, Kurie. Fixing and building things is your specialty, try to fix that portal."

View attachment 11574
The swordsman chuckled in response to the club-wielder's words, "Heh, I like ya too, kid." Ragna folds his arms over his chest, Malroth reminding the Grim Reaper when we was a teenager. "even if ya did kill a guy. I mean, I took out NOL Squads, so...eh."

View attachment 11575
The mercenary simply scoffs at this exchange, "Of course you would." Bullet huffs, though she proceeds to take a quick exhale. "Still, this place is filled with strange people, and not the ones from our world."

Episode I - "Is this a CEOTaku Convention or what?!"
View attachment 11576

"One time I decide to take a multiversal trip, chillax, and not Asagi it up, this happens. Swear, the one time I'm not the one killing like a loony is the time I can't catch a break. Devs must hate me or something...hmmm..."

One minute, she's busy cracking open a cold one. The next, there's a murder. And now, technical troubleshooting. Amid all the rustle and bustle, the (totally not late to the opening of the thread she swears to god) NIS-signed Protag known as Asagi Asagiri casually peered at the sight in progress like it was just another background occurrence, sipping that cold one for but a moment before walking over to the door, giving Larry a glance.

"Normally, horror movie tropes would tell me to say otherwise, but given the current predicament-"

And the fact it's very...very grating for someone who simply can't sit still to not open the knocking door.

"
-I say why not give it a turn? Worst case scenario...ah...."
"Well, let's not think about that much more than we need to! It's only the Prologue, after all. Nothing bad's supposed to happen then...all "this" withstanding."

@dark @Lucky @Minerva @Rwac96 @Takumi @Raynar Saassin

The silver-haired man takes notice of the party guests inside, as many wondered why they were locked in. Ragna lets out a small sigh, remembering the adolescent host, detective and some Roman Soldiers being present. He was honestly amazed such a gathering of individuals throughout time & space was possible. Though, he just went through a interdimensional 'tournament'. Well, more like forced due to a mistake of a certain vampire.

View attachment 11577
"Man," he lets out a small sigh, "I wish Rachel was here now." The Grim Reaper says to himself, "Even if she does get on my nerves."

----

View attachment 11578
"Such luck," Bullet says, remembering advice from sounded like a certain femine man in a kimino who angered her years ago. Though, as if it was a running theme, the dancer's words had led her to such a predicament. "come here to be social, and disaster strikes. I should've known better than listen to that bastard."

Last edited:
Nancy Drew would look over at the others with a sigh. "I would finish this up, but we don't exactly have anything to restrain them, or for that matter, anywhere to keep them. It looks like we're at least stuck wit them until we get out of the city. Though that knock on the door, it's very strange, considering that it's only been us on the first floor of this clearly three story house from when we came in." The detective looked at the door.

"You know, speaking of it only being just the few of us, I definitely remember making a portal for other guests to come. I have a whole check list actually," Jack replied, pulling out a piece of paper with names scrolled on it and placing it on the table. If anyone looked they would see it was numbered 1 to 20.

Host: Jack
1) Nancy Drew (Check)
2)Lorenzo Clark ( Check and dead)
3) Larry Crock (Check)
4)Marius Titan (Check)
5) Dex Heller (?)
6) Legatus Vitallion (Check)
7) Cameron Mahkent (?)
8) Detective ( Check)
9)Kurie (Check)
10) Malroth (Check)
11)Ragna (Check)
12) Bullet ( Check)
13) Asagi (Check)
14) Asher Falcon ( ?)
15) John Stevens (?)
16) Nana (Check)
17) Bishamon ( Check)
18) Max Broussard (?)
19) Bruno Carrelli (?)
20) Lucifer Morningstar (?)

"Well, I'm going to be really honest with you, I don't know. A friend gave it to me and told me that it would work and he's really good with portals, so I trusted what he had to say."

Larry would look over at the door and nod when someone said to open the door. " Hey, the door isn't locked anymore, I guess that means we're not trapped in the house anymore at least."

A man stood on the other side of the door, and it looked like he was freezing cold, almost as if someone had stuck him in a freezer.

View attachment 11579
He collapsed on the door opening onto the ground, dog tags around on his neck clanging to the floor "Well at least he isn't dead."

Did anyone want to approach the man, see what the dog tag said or perhaps leave now that there was an exit?

@Rwac96 @Raynar Saassin @taiga @dark @Takumi @Minerva

Last edited:
If anyone looked they would see it was numbered 1 to 20.

1) Nancy Drew (Check)
3) Larry Crock (Check)
4)Marius Titan (Check)
5) Dex Heller (?)
7) Cameron Mahkent (?)
8) Detective ( Check)
9)Kurie (Check)
10) Malroth (Check)
11)Ragna (Check)
12) Bullet ( Check)
13) Asagi (Check)
14) Asher Falcon ( ?)
15) John Stevens (?)
16) Nana (Check)
17) Bishamon ( Check)
18) Max Broussard (?)
19) Bruno Carrelli (?)

Given the people count on the first floor, a couple of no-shows from the looks of it. Honestly, who RSVP's for a party they won't even show up to-wait, is that Lucifer? How the hell did they get-
And that train of thought is gone as quick as it arrived, replaced now by the mystery man that parked himself right onto the ground like nobody's business. Getting in there, showing it who's boss.
Wait, hold on, what's the ESRB rating of this roleplay again?

View attachment 11580
"
Avoided a worst-case scenario, sure, but it sure doesn't look like a best-case scenario either. It's like...Fall here, right? The guy looks like he was ripped right from a snowstorm in January, minus the snow!"
Dragging the cold-as-ice newcomer a bit farther from the door and into the room, Asagi'd readjust his body to get a better glance at the dog tags.

@Rwac96 @Raynar Saassin @dark @Lucky @Takumi @Minerva

1) Nancy Drew (Check)
3) Larry Crock (Check)
4)Marius Titan (Check)
5) Dex Heller (?)
7) Cameron Mahkent (?)
8) Detective ( Check)
9)Kurie (Check)
10) Malroth (Check)
11)Ragna (Check)
12) Bullet ( Check)
13) Asagi (Check)
14) Asher Falcon ( ?)
15) John Stevens (?)
16) Nana (Check)
17) Bishamon ( Check)
18) Max Broussard (?)
19) Bruno Carrelli (?)

The two looked over the list on the table, each taking note of the no shows. While Ragna scrathes at his hair, Bullet looks over the list of names once more. Then, the pair overhear of something of interest from Jack.

"You know, speaking of it only being just the few of us, I definitely remember making a portal for other guests to come. I have a whole check list actually,"

View attachment 11581
"And you just took his word for it?" Ragna inquires to the host, "Nice judgement, genius." He says with sarcasm in the tone of his voice.

A scoff escaped the mercenary's lips in response to the outlaw's words. "Didn't you trust a certain, green-haired, maniac who's a Librarium Agent?"

"Kiss my ass, Ass-Floss," Ragna says, turning his attention to the newcomer who was cold-as-ice.

View attachment 11582
She chuckled as he approached the newcomer, sporting a amused smile on her face. "Jackass," she shakes her head lightly.

Ragna approaches the newcomer, eyeing him from head to toe. The Grim Reaper squints, taking a look at his dog tags.

Nana and Bishamon Prologue: Trouble Magnet

Nana had figured that this party would be a fun thing to do with Arahabaki and maybe the other kids under his care. She didn't really know what it was all about, but she assumed the God she saw as a father would explain it to her and have a nice time. Sure, she wasn't really...used to how things had changed in the last few centuries stuck in that damned box but being transported to some random city without Arahabaki or the others already put her in a sour mood.

Then someone died, and the killer was still here like it wasn't too big of a deal.

She should've stayed on the mountain. Technically she wasn't allowed to leave anyway, but she didn't even get to ask Arahabaki about the party thing anyway!

Oh, and she was here too. On one hand, that meant Nana still had a chance to beat the Sorcerer if she met him again, but on the other...Bishamon hadn't looked too good since Nana ran into her while at the party, probably still recovering from that nasty attack she received fighting the Heavens if the bandages and bruises covering most of her form were anything to go by. She stuck with Bishamon because she was, well, the only one she really knew. If barely.

Arahabaki called Bishamon her benefactor, too...

"If he's the killer why don't we just lock him up in jail or another room or something? That's what's supposed to happen right?" She asked, practically clinging to Bishamon as she eyed the odd device Jack threw down that was supposed to send them home as it sparked and fizzed with a frown. Nana wasn't fully accustomed to...technology quite yet, but she was sure that wasn't supposed to be happening. Was it angry?

Bishamon shot Nana an amused glance, despite being rather distracted since she found herself here. After waking up and failing to summon Kazuma, she had found the invitation and...how she got here after that was a blur, really.

"I would finish this up, but we don't exactly have anything to restrain them, or for that matter, anywhere to keep them. It looks like we're at least stuck wit them until we get out of the city. Though that knock on the door, it's very strange, considering that it's only been us on the first floor of this clearly three story house from when we came in."

"Huh? Are the other floors and rooms locked or something?" Nana asked, confused before adding, "if you need someone to watch him, leave it to me. If I can handle a bear I can handle the killer." She huffed.

"Is there any blankets to help him keep warm?" Bishamon asked aloud, trying to check over the unconscious man.

@Lucky @Rwac96 @taiga @others

"Well, I'm going to be really honest with you, I don't know. A friend gave it to me and told me that it would work and he's really good with portals, so I trusted what he had to say."

"Well, then I guess the course of action for me is to find your friend so they can teach me how these portals work, so I can fix the one you have and get us all home."

Kurie exclaimed with a big grin on her face as she was very proud of her ability to fix problems by simply learning how they were caused. Like the Deitree, the varying metal drink bars and an entire castle filled with battlements and magical traps, as well as a Pyramid!

"Is there any blankets to help him keep warm?" Bishamon asked aloud, trying to check over the unconscious man.

Overhearing what Bishamon had to say, Kurie thought hard for a moment before having a eureka; grabbing one of the window's curtains and ripping a few pieces off of them. Walking over to a nearby table, she pulled out a small working hammer and got to work on the cloth she had obtained, before magically transforming it into a blanket! Using this new found item, Kurie walked over to Bishamon and held out the blanket to them.

"Would this work?"
"Once again, managing to make the impossible possible, Kurie. Making things from just what you can find around you. I still need to learn that from you..."

"Avoided a worst-case scenario, sure, but it sure doesn't look like a best-case scenario either. It's like...Fall here, right? The guy looks like he was ripped right from a snowstorm in January, minus the snow!"

"Aren't you overreacting just a little bit? Get your act together. Kurie is already solving this guy's ice problem so maybe with that, you can relax and not be so melodramatic."

( @Takumi @Lucky @taiga )

"Aren't you overreacting just a little bit? Get your act together. Kurie is already solving this guy's ice problem so maybe with that, you can relax and not be so melodramatic."

View attachment 11583
If she could deadpan any harder, her face would've contorted into itself.
"Overdra-You killed someone for no reason!"
Look at 'em, all dead and dying and stuff. He was so young, to have his fate sealed by a byproduct of the Japanese. Such a shame, that...
"I don't wanna hear that!"
In his defense... you do that around 95% percent of the time your status gets checked.
"When I do it, it's pulled straight for gags! And you're not supposed to comment about that! Get back to the narration about ME!"
I'm just saying, if he wanted to live, he'd do that in private...

@Raynar Saassin

"Well, then I guess the course of action for me is to find your friend so they can teach me how these portals work, so I can fix the one you have and get us all home."

Kurie exclaimed with a big grin on her face as she was very proud of her ability to fix problems by simply learning how they were caused. Like the Deitree, the varying metal drink bars and an entire castle filled with battlements and magical traps, as well as a Pyramid!

Overhearing what Bishamon had to say, Kurie thought hard for a moment before having a eureka; grabbing one of the window's curtains and ripping a few pieces off of them. Walking over to a nearby table, she pulled out a small working hammer and got to work on the cloth she had obtained, before magically transforming it into a blanket! Using this new found item, Kurie walked over to Bishamon and held out the blanket to them.

"Would this work?"
"Once again, managing to make the impossible possible, Kurie. Making things from just what you can find around you. I still need to learn that from you..."

( @Takumi @Lucky @taiga )

View attachment 11583
If she could deadpan any harder, her face would've contorted into itself.
Look at 'em, all dead and dying and stuff. He was so young, to have his fate sealed by a byproduct of the Japanese. Such a shame, that...
"I don't wanna hear that!"
In his defense... you do that around 95% percent of the time your status gets checked.
"When I do it, it's pulled straight for gags! And you're not supposed to comment about that! Get back to the narration about ME!"
I'm just saying, if he wanted to live, he'd do that in private...

@Raynar Saassin

"Oh, um, thank you." Bishamon blinked, a bit caught off guard. She was...really out of it today, huh? She took the blanket Kurie made and put it over the unconscious man, trying to move him out of the way of the door in case if anyone who wanted to leave wouldn't step on him.

"Kinda hard for people to relax with strangers passing out at random." Nana huffed as she glanced out of the now open door, checking the surroundings.

@Lucky @Raynar Saassin @taiga @Others

The mercenary simply glared at Malroth in annoyance, seeing him as a small and budding Ragna. The only difference is that Bloodedge's rage is focused on a organization that is rather shady, while the builder killed someone because they annoyed him. In the woman's opinion, one bad tempered, spiky-haired rogue was enough.

"Someone is dead," Bullet begins to explain, "we can't leave, we barely know one another, and for some reason, a soldier arrived covered in snow while Autumn has just begun. So, no, we're not 'overreacting'!"

The swordsman simply groaned as he heard Bullet barate the small fighter/builder. Ragna shakes his head at her demeanor, since he this was technically his second time in such a situation; though a person had died. He made a mental note to keep an eye on the hot pants merc, just in case she gets herself into trouble. The memory of her thrashing from the Mad Dog made him scowl, while he studied the now blanketed newcomer.

"No reason? He insulted me! I wasn't about to just stand there and take it when I had the method of knocking his lights out!"

"Kinda hard for people to relax with strangers passing out at random." Nana huffed as she glanced out of the now open door, checking the surroundings.

"Is there not anything more we can do for him? I'm worried that there might be others who are suffering as well..."

Kurie exclaimed, looking disheartened. It looked like out of the builder pair, she was the one who was more human than the other. She would explain why Malroth is the way he is, but then they wouldn't trust him for sure if she spilled the beans.

"Someone is dead," Bullet begins to explain, "we can't leave, we barely know one another, and for some reason, a soldier arrived covered in snow while Autumn has just begun. So, no, we're not 'overreacting'!"

"You act like you've never seen death before. Deal with it. It is pretty cool though, isn't it? I wonder what exactly did him in, can't just be the cold, that'd be boring."

Back