Status
Not open for further replies.

Yun Lee

The Sculptor
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
Staff Member on Hiatus

You aren't sure who sent it, or how it arrived to you. Perhaps you were on an expedition or adventure of some sort, or off inventing sone grand machine, or maybe you were just enjoying the comfort of your own home for a bit. Whatever the case, you find a letter nearby on your workbench or table. A beautiful white envelope, sender by the name, "P. B. Whitmore." The stamp is interesting, too. Some sort of crest?

But what really matters is the content of the envelope. Inside you find a little pin of the same design as the stamp, and a letter:

Hey there! You've received this letter due to your love of science, the arts, and most importantly, adventure. I've been looking to revive an old program a friend of mine once belonged to: The Society of Explorers and Adcenturers, or S.E.A. for short. Back in its heyday, this group went on all sorts of expeditions, finding artifacts only thought to be legends. They preserved paintings, scientific gadgets, and discovered all sorts of ruins and other things. And I wanna start it up agai-with you as one of the founding members! You want in? If so, go on and put your pin on, and I want you to look at the picture enclosed in this here letter.

Sure enough, there is a picture enclosed. Of an old fortress by the sea.

fortress-explorations-tokyo-disneysea-800x600.jpg

You see that? This is gonna sound crazy, but I want you to imagine you're there. Trust me. Close your eyes, and put yourself there. Do you smell the saltwater? Hear the crashing waves, the seagulls? Feel the Italian sunlight on your face? Once you do...open your eyes.

You do so, and, as if by magic, you're standing right there, in front of the fortress in the picture. You glance down at the letter, looking for an exploration, but all you find is one line of text:

Welcome to Fortress Explorations, friend. Come on in.

---

Hello! This is a side-story to establish a new organization into Convergence lore, the Society of Explorers and Adventurers. Once this group is officially established, it can be used by anyone for character memberships, side-stories, missions in a hot spot...just as long as you double-check with me first. I myself will be looking to run a few side-stories with this group, possibly a main event or two down the line...but for now, this will be the starting point.

The character requirements are that you character must be one or more of the following: an explorer, an adventurer, an artist (such as a sculptor or painter), an inventor, a scientist, or an engineer. There's a lot of room for character choices, so I'm sure this won't be an issue! Plus, I'm going to be lax on it all, so if you just run someone by me, we should be fine.

This side story will not start until Thursday, May 24th. As I have finals coming up, I won't be able to do much until then. So for now, take plenty of time to choose a character!

Character Sheet

Appearance: (Just a picture is fine, but if none are available, then a small description works!)

Name:

Canon: (If an OC, put "Original Character")

Powers/Weapons/Abilities: (Here, you can list all this, or just provide a wiki link if preferred.)

Other Info: (Anything extra I as a gm should know, let me!)

---

Cast List

@Cromartous as Dr. Huey Emerich
@Crow as Shockwave
@Donder172 as Ulfi Blackthorn
@Jeremi as Captain America
@Lucky as Velma Dinkley
@MelodyMeister as The Fifth Doctor
@Raynar Saassin as Winston
@Takumi as Mirania​

Last edited:
Notable NPCs:

latest

the-dreamfinder-chuck-mccann-800x450.jpg

Appearance:
293px-Winston-portrait.png

"The Power of Science!"

Name: Winston

Canon:
320px-Overwatch_White.jpg

Powers/Weapons/Abilities: https://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Winston#Abilities

Other Info: Big fan of Peanut Butter. Does not like being called a Monkey as demonstrated in his interactions with various characters, his iconic ones being with Tracer. Might not be the final character I'll go with, but the one I have the most excitement for playing.

Appearance:

Name: Ulfi Blackthorn

Canon: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (player character)

Powers/Weapons/Abilities:
Weapons:
- Dragonbone Greatsword
- Bloodskal Blade
- Stalhim bow with Nordic Carved arrows
- Ancient Nordic Pickaxe

Armor:
Dragonbone with Helmet of Ygnil

Racial powers:
Battlecry:
Makes the target flee for 30 seconds.

Resist frost:
Due to Skyrim's nature, Ulfri is more resistant to frost and generally enjoys the cold.

Thu'um:
As Dragonborn, Ulfri is capable to use the same power dragons used also known as Shouts or Thu'ums. Ulfri knows the shouts:

Animal Allegiance
Aura Whisper
Battle Fury
Become Etheral
Bend Will (will not work on player characters)
Call Dragon
Call of Valor
Clear Skies
Cyclone
Disarm
Dismay
Dragon Aspect
Dragonrend
Drain Vitality
Elemental Fury
Fire Breath
Frost Breath
Ice Form
Kyne's Peace
Marked for Death
Soul Tear
Slow Time
Storm Call
Summon Durnevhiir
Throw Voice
Unrelenting Force
Whirlwind Sprint

Other Info:
Character sided with the Stormcloaks during the Civil War.

Xd9vZ93.jpg

"I find my presence in this gathering to be illogical."

Name:
Shockwave

Canon:
LkNNGXD.jpg

Evil Mad Scientist

Shockwave is a Cybertronian, which means he has access to all their physiological traits including transformation into an altmode. In his case, this altmode is a tank of sorts.
Shockwave is able to fire ray cannons from his arm cannon, which carries over to his altmode.
Shockwave has a great scientific mind, achieving great scientific achievements in the fields of chemistry & biology alike. He uses this great mind to create genetically modified Cybertronian beasts of all kinds that he carries with him. His main pets are certain 'genetically altered juvenile Predacons' that he can deploy in a similiar fashion to Minicons in RID2015.

Other Info:
Some of his greatest scientific achievements include the creation of the Dinobots by tearing the five members Lightning Strike Coalition Force apart and putting them back together, the genetic modification of Insecticons to be used in combat & war, the cloning and breeding of Predacon fossils, the invention of the Cortical Psychic Patch, the discovery of the hard crystal material which makes up Crystal City and the completion of the lost Synthetic Energon formula(with aid from Ratchet).

This isn't everything.

xc935yx.jpg

Last edited:

Appearance:
2136957-mirania.png

Name: Mirania

Canon:
latest

-Recover: Healing Magic. Removes status effects and gives you Regeneration for a short time.

-Leaf: Ordinary Nature Magic. Deals Natural elemental damage and gives enemies Silence.

-Forest: Strong Nature Magic. Deals Natural elemental damage and if diffused with Gale, it gives enemies Long Silence.

-Revive (Spirit Attack): Heals 99,999 health back and restores back one lost life.

Other Info: Mirania

Last edited:
Appearance:
Name:
Velma Dinkley
Canon: Scooby Doo
Powers/Weapons/Abilities: Morse Code: Velma knows how to use Morse code
Martial arts: Velma knows how to use it,
Above-average grip and core strength: Can hang and dangle from high places
Flying Dinkley: Velma can lift and throw people over her head. She has named this move.
Laptop use: Velma understands how to use laptops and other complex tech.
Logic and reasoning: Velma can analyze clues and solve mysteries with only three suspects and three clues or less. She only has ever failed in solving one case.

I know Ive let this go, but since Im currently running the main convergence event, Im not sure when itll start. But it shouls be starting no later than the end of next week. Sorry for how long its taken orz

Okay, finally things are slowing down, so I will start this game this upcoming Monday! I am extremely sorry for the delay, everyone, but finally we're getting this going!

Appearance:
dl.php

“Sorry, Must Dash!”

Name: The Doctor (Fifth)

Canon: Doctor Who

Powers/Abilities: The Doctor is a Time Lord, and thus has the ability to regenerate, although this incarnation is on his last one. Aside from that, Time Lords are very long-lived, and are naturally more powerful then humans. Not to mention, The Doctor is a clever person, although he doesn’t seem like it at first. He also, due to his old age, has lots of knowledge, which will be helpful.

Other Info: None.

Last edited:
Okay guys, signups are now REOPENED! You can sign up until Wednesday, April 24, and on that day I'll post an update allowing you to jump in.

Appearance:
images

Name: Professor Robert Langdon

Canon: (If an OC, put "Original Character") Canon

Occupation: (Basically, are they a scientist/artist/etc.?) Professor of art history and symbology, writer

Powers/Weapons/Abilities: (Here, you can list all this, or just provide a wiki link if preferred.)https://danbrown.fandom.com/wiki/Robert_Langdon

Other Info: (Anything extra I as a gm should know, let me!) N/A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back