As the group began climbing up the staircase, it seemed to go on forever. Figment decided to fly up a bit, and peered out from a ways up. "Good news! The stairs lead to a door!" He paused, looking over his shoulder. "Um...some bad news...a lot of the stairs are gone."

Sure enough, the group would find that the last twenty feet or so of stairs was simply missing, the only hint to their whereabouts being a spark of green electricity snapping from the central axis. "No problem! We can just climb-" Leaf grabbed onto the axis of the staircase, only for a large creaking to echo in response. It was clear climbing up would damage more than just the missing stairwell.

@Crow @dark @Donder172 @Jeremi @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @York

"If any of us possesses the ability of flight, or a means to produce a drone or underling capable of aviation, it would be logical to use it in this situation," Shockwave adds, "there may be items above that can help us elevate towards our destination."

@Yun Lee @Crow @dark @Donder172 @Jeremi @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @York

As the group began climbing up the staircase, it seemed to go on forever. Figment decided to fly up a bit, and peered out from a ways up. "Good news! The stairs lead to a door!" He paused, looking over his shoulder. "Um...some bad news...a lot of the stairs are gone."

Sure enough, the group would find that the last twenty feet or so of stairs was simply missing, the only hint to their whereabouts being a spark of green electricity snapping from the central axis. "No problem! We can just climb-" Leaf grabbed onto the axis of the staircase, only for a large creaking to echo in response. It was clear climbing up would damage more than just the missing stairwell.

"We can't just stand around here doing nothing,"
Sam replied looking on ahead. "Someone or something clearly wants us stuck in this place."

"I think that might be a bad idea..." Ulfi noted as she listened to the creaking of the stairs. "Unless we can reinforce it, there is no way we can get up this way."

Velma Dinkley

Velma paused and held her imaginer pin and imagining up a plank of wood that would fit the gap to the door. She would gently place it down over the gap to see if it affected the staircase.

@Yun Lee @Everyone

Fortunately, the plank stayed in place, and even managed to hold the weight of everyone. "Good thinking, Velma!" Dreamfinder clapped his hands, eyes twinkling despite their situation. "I'm ever so glad to see my inventions working so effectively!"

"Incredible! It even held up our weight, too!" Winston marvelled at the plank after crossing it. "I would've imagined that either I or Shockwave would've caused the thing to snap into splinters."

"And it would have, had you done so," Dreamfinder responded. "If you feel as though something will go wrong with your creation as you imagine it, then it will falter in that exact way! You all must be confident in your imaginations, everyone! There's nothing we can't accomplish!"

As they got up to the platform, they found the door at least opened with no problems. The door opened into a small hallway, which opened out into...

tzt220392LARGE.jpg

...another hotel lobby?

Fortunately, the plank stayed in place, and even managed to hold the weight of everyone. "Good thinking, Velma!" Dreamfinder clapped his hands, eyes twinkling despite their situation. "I'm ever so glad to see my inventions working so effectively!"

"Incredible! It even held up our weight, too!" Winston marvelled at the plank after crossing it. "I would've imagined that either I or Shockwave would've caused the thing to snap into splinters."

"And it would have, had you done so," Dreamfinder responded. "If you feel as though something will go wrong with your creation as you imagine it, then it will falter in that exact way! You all must be confident in your imaginations, everyone! There's nothing we can't accomplish!"

As they got up to the platform, they found the door at least opened with no problems. The door opened into a small hallway, which opened out into...

tzt220392LARGE.jpg

...another hotel lobby?

With weary steps Captain America got out to the hotel lobby. "Definitely nicer than the last place," She replied looking around to see if she could find anything of interest. "Just because we're out of that place though doesn't mean we should let our guard down yet."

@Crow @dark @Donder172 @Yun Lee @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @York

Velma Dinkley

" It was really nothing, I just really wanted to make sure that we can move on and it seemed an appropriate time to use the powers you gave us. I did imagine a sturdy board, but even I am surprised that it was so sturdy. It was practically its own bridge. It seems our statue likes hotel lobbies. Maybe the suitcases can tell us something?"
She asked, going to look at them.

@Crow @dark @Donder172 @Yun Lee @Sark @Takumi @York

With weary steps Captain America got out to the hotel lobby. "Definitely nicer than the last place," She replied looking around to see if she could find anything of interest. "Just because we're out of that place though doesn't mean we should let our guard down yet."

@Crow @dark @Donder172 @Yun Lee @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @York
"Agreed. If there is one thing the Nordic Tombs taught me, is to never let your guard down." Ulfi responded.

As the group ventured further into the lobby, they would discover that it was not nearly as well kept as Hotel Hightower. Cobwebs hung from the walls, the tables, and even the suitcases, and everything was covered with a thick layer of dust. Vases held wilted flowers, and a chill ran through the room that shook you to your core.

There were a few elevators here, as well as a sign detailing areas of interest in the main lobby. Winston made his way to it, reading it over. "There's a library on this floor, it seems. If we're looking for a book, that's the first place I'd go."

Meanwhile, the luggage Velma had moved to looked ancient, as if it had been in the same place for years. There seemed to be a faint noise coming from inside one of them, though...

Velma Dinkley

Velma noticed that the lobby of the hotel looked like it hadn't been touched for ages and she wasn't sure how she felt about that. It looked like everything had been there for decades and hadn't been touched. She was surprised that Leaf hadn't already started to clean the place. There was an unnatural chill that unnerved Velma as well.

She wasn't too big of a fan in using an elevator in this place, she was sure that they would fall apart if this was the state of the thing. A library did seem to be a good place to locate a book. She nodded in agreement with the monkey.

Velma was surprised at how ancient the luggage looked. " I think that might be one of the birds we have to rescue though," she replied, looking for the noise and attempting to open the luggage she thought it came from.

@Yun Lee @Crow @dark @Sark @Jeremi @Donder172 @Takumi @York

Velma wouldn't find any birds, but instead would find a doll in the suitcase.

twilightzone-talkytina.png

Despite her vintage outfit, the doll was in very good condition, the only thing here not covered in cobwebs and dust. She even had a pullstring at her back.

@Lucky

"The power of imagination...next you will tell me the power of friendship is just as potent. Bah!"

Everyone would find themselves in the elevator on their floor, as if the idol got tired of waiting. Tony would find himself free of leeches now, as if they had never been on him at all. "Now is the time for you all to put your meaningless words to the test! I will be sending you all to your first location, where you must locate an important artifact: a book."

"You won't even tell us what the book is?" Winston asked.

"You will know it when you see it...if you truly are the adventurers you claim yourselves to be. I sent the loudmouthed duck there, as well, so you will also need to find him while you're there. When you have both the book and the duck, use your silly little pins to return to this place, and I will give you your second test...if you survived, that is. Farewell, S.E.A...and let us see what you're really made of. Ahahahahaha!!!"

The elevator doors closed abruptly to the sound of his maniacal laughter. Green electricity sparked off the walls, and the elevators began shaking violently, almost as if a massive earthquake hit. Just like that, however, it was over.

Ding!

The doors opened, and you were free to step outside...into the unknown.

View attachment 4076
"Alright, you wooden little shit. We'll play your-"

Ding!

And Utundu was gone. Even as the leeches crawled at his skin filling his body with horrendous new pains, a single thought filled Tony's mind. It wasn't how quickly his Extremis could repair the damage to his face. It wasn't how easy it would by to use the same serum to shut down the pain receptors in his brain. It wasn't a plan for escape. All he could think about was how he was going to turn Shiriki his new ash tray. He couldn't wait to twist out the sparks of a cigar or two into that thing's eye-holes.

In a moment of weakness, he lashed out. He hammered the wall of the elevator with an iron fist as he stepped through the door...

***​
Velma wouldn't find any birds, but instead would find a doll in the suitcase.

Despite her vintage outfit, the doll was in very good condition, the only thing here not covered in cobwebs and dust. She even had a pullstring at her back.

@Lucky
View attachment 4077
"What are you waiting for?" Tony groaned, throwing himself down on one of the lobby's couches. He rolled his head back and shut his eyes, letting everyone else do the exploring. Books were for bookish types. Velma types. If it was worth reading, it was likely already on the internet, or already inside his head. Besides, he wasn't about to scuff his suit up peeling through dusty old tomes and dried out paperbacks. His time was far too valuable for that crap. Tony sighed, slouched, and took the time to start catching up on some of his beauty sleep. "Just pull the string and see what demons come out. Sooner we get this done, the sooner we can just kick that Shiriki's ass and go home..."

@Yun Lee @Crow @dark @Jeremi @Donder172 @Takumi @York

As the group ventured further into the lobby, they would discover that it was not nearly as well kept as Hotel Hightower. Cobwebs hung from the walls, the tables, and even the suitcases, and everything was covered with a thick layer of dust. Vases held wilted flowers, and a chill ran through the room that shook you to your core.

There were a few elevators here, as well as a sign detailing areas of interest in the main lobby. Winston made his way to it, reading it over. "There's a library on this floor, it seems. If we're looking for a book, that's the first place I'd go."

Meanwhile, the luggage Velma had moved to looked ancient, as if it had been in the same place for years. There seemed to be a faint noise coming from inside one of them, though...

"Then that's where I'll be heading,"
Sam replied to the others. "Everyone stay safe and we'll try to figure this out." Before she left though she looked on as Velma unearthed a special present.

View attachment 4076
"Alright, you wooden little shit. We'll play your-"

Ding!

And Utundu was gone. Even as the leeches crawled at his skin filling his body with horrendous new pains, a single thought filled Tony's mind. It wasn't how quickly his Extremis could repair the damage to his face. It wasn't how easy it would by to use the same serum to shut down the pain receptors in his brain. It wasn't a plan for escape. All he could think about was how he was going to turn Shiriki his new ash tray. He couldn't wait to twist out the sparks of a cigar or two into that thing's eye-holes.

In a moment of weakness, he lashed out. He hammered the wall of the elevator with an iron fist as he stepped through the door...

***​

View attachment 4077
"What are you waiting for?" Tony groaned, throwing himself down on one of the lobby's couches. He rolled his head back and shut his eyes, letting everyone else do the exploring. Books were for bookish types. Velma types. If it was worth reading, it was likely already on the internet, or already inside his head. Besides, he wasn't about to scuff his suit up peeling through dusty old tomes and dried out paperbacks. His time was far too valuable for that crap. Tony sighed, slouched, and took the time to start catching up on some of his beauty sleep. "Just pull the string and see what demons come out. Sooner we get this done, the sooner we can just kick that Shiriki's ass and go home..."

@Yun Lee @Crow @dark @Jeremi @Donder172 @Takumi @York

"Be really careful with that thing."
Sam looked over to where Velma was standing with the doll. "Like the guy says there's probably nothing good coming out of that thing, but right now it's up to you on what to do with it."

@Yun Lee @Crow @dark @Sark @Donder172 @Takumi @York

Velma Dinkley

Velma would notice that there was a doll in the suitcase and wondered how it made noises then.

There was something strange about the doll being in very good condition, probably the first clue to the whole mystery. It was the only thing of interest so far too. She picked it up and carried it over with her

" Well, I'm going to pull this first, but first-" She would walk over to Tony and with a lot of surprising strength with one hand would attempt to pull him. "You're not going to lay down on your back while we all do work, " she replied, pulling the doll string with the other. " I think I will head there too."

@Sark @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Crow @dark @Donder172 @Takumi @York

Velma Dinkley

Velma would notice that there was a doll in the suitcase and wondered how it made noises then.

There was something strange about the doll being in very good condition, probably the first clue to the whole mystery. It was the only thing of interest so far too. She picked it up and carried it over with her

" Well, I'm going to pull this first, but first-" She would walk over to Tony and with a lot of surprising strength with one hand would attempt to pull him. "You're not going to lay down on your back while we all do work, " she replied, pulling the doll string with the other. " I think I will head there too."

@Sark
View attachment 4090
"Thanks for the boost, but--" Tony stretched out his arms and cracked his neck. His eyes danced back over to Velma, and he stared intensely. "I am perfectly fine where I am." With a thud, Tony threw himself back down onto the couch, all whilst maintaining eye contact. "If you're not happy with me laying on my back, I'm more than happy to try sitting on my ass instead."

@Lucky @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Crow @dark @Donder172 @Takumi @York

Velma Dinkley

Velma shot Tony a glare, determined to get him to go with her regardless if he wanted too or not. There was something in her nature that wouldn't just let him lounge around. With a smile and without saying a word, she would attempt to perform the Flying Dinkley on Tony. If she was successful, she would walk with him, draped over her right shoulder and the doll over her left walking towards the elevator for the library. " You will do neither."

@Sark @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Crow @dark @Donder172 @Takumi @York

As the string was pulled, the doll came to life, arms slowly moving up and down while her head sweetly shook from side to side. A recorded message played from her chest.

"My name is Talky Tina, and I love you very much!"

She said nothing else as they ventured on into the library.

latest

The library was rather small, being about the same size as a hotel room itself, but it still housed an impressive collection of books on the shelves, locked behind glass casings. The shelves also featured curious memorabilia: strange masks, foreign statues...even an odd red radio with a devil on it. There was a television, as well, in one corner.

@Lucky @Sark @Jeremi

Velma Dinkley

Velma had expected the doll to speak once she pulled the string. She had seen those sort of dolls when she was a kid, though never had one herself. It felt weird to hear it speak.

Well, that didn't seem to be too deadly or mean, maybe the doll was okay.

Velma ( while possibly carrying Tony if she was successful), ventured into the library.

The library in the hotel was a lot smaller than she expected and she wasn't how she felt about that. To one degree, that meant it was less of a chance of things to go wrong. The very first thing that she noticed was the odd red radio with a devil on it and the television was the second thing. She would go over to examine the red radio to see if there was any way to turn it on.

@Yun Lee @Sark @Jeremi

As the string was pulled, the doll came to life, arms slowly moving up and down while her head sweetly shook from side to side. A recorded message played from her chest.

"My name is Talky Tina, and I love you very much!"

latest

The library was rather small, being about the same size as a hotel room itself, but it still housed an impressive collection of books on the shelves, locked behind glass casings. The shelves also featured curious memorabilia: strange masks, foreign statues...even an odd red radio with a devil on it. There was a television, as well, in one corner.

@Lucky @Sark @Jeremi

"We already have one devil to worry about let's not try and call another one," Sam replied pointing to the red radio in the room. She wasn't quite sure what she was looking for in here but it was best to not try and have too much sounds. Perhaps there was a key or something to the shelves that they could use?

@Lucky @Yun Lee @Sark

Back