Velma Dinkley

Velma looked over at her with a smile. She still examined it. " I imagine that it's going to be this or the TV that offers the most clues to what is going on. Both seem very out of place, especially since television weren't a thing back in the 1920s, or at least ones like this one," she replied back to her with a smile.

@Yun Lee @Sark @Jeremi

Velma Dinkley

Velma shot Tony a glare, determined to get him to go with her regardless if he wanted too or not. There was something in her nature that wouldn't just let him lounge around. With a smile and without saying a word, she would attempt to perform the Flying Dinkley on Tony. If she was successful, she would walk with him, draped over her right shoulder and the doll over her left walking towards the elevator for the library. " You will do neither."

@Sark @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Crow @dark @Donder172 @Takumi @York
Ulfi remained mostly silent during the encounter of the doll and Tony, but she remained on her guard as she joined the group into the library.

In the past...
Alexander Maxwell Nox was entering the Apex Games; a blood sport hosted by the mysterious syndicate that attracts "Legends" from all across the frontier with promises of fame, fortune and glory. However for Alexander; better known as Caustic, the Apex Games was an opportunity to test his Nox gas, and take great interest in the results of his gas on living organisms; also known as the rest of the contenders for the Apex Games.

Before he was to jump onto the Jumpship however, he received a letter which contained a pin and the following information:

Hey there! You've received this letter due to your love of science, the arts, and most importantly, adventure. I've been looking to revive an old program a friend of mine once belonged to: The Society of Explorers and Adcenturers, or S.E.A. for short. Back in its heyday, this group went on all sorts of expeditions, finding artifacts only thought to be legends. They preserved paintings, scientific gadgets, and discovered all sorts of ruins and other things. And I wanna start it up agai-with you as one of the founding members! You want in? If so, go on and put your pin on, and I want you to look at the picture enclosed in this here letter.

"Intriguing. One thing is certain; someone will die, and I will observe it."​

Following the instructions set on the letter, he found himself alongside numerous others at a sea-side fortress. Despite everyone introducing themselves openly to each other, Caustic kept to himself as he went in without them, taking a look around the new establishment and taking notes.

After numerous events had occurred, and listening to the rules of the organisation, as well as being sent on their first expedition, Caustic kept his pin at the ready in case he needed his weaponry, as well as keeping an eye on his Nox equipment.

Present Time...

Fortunately, the plank stayed in place, and even managed to hold the weight of everyone. "Good thinking, Velma!" Dreamfinder clapped his hands, eyes twinkling despite their situation. "I'm ever so glad to see my inventions working so effectively!"

"Incredible! It even held up our weight, too!" Winston marvelled at the plank after crossing it. "I would've imagined that either I or Shockwave would've caused the thing to snap into splinters."

"And it would have, had you done so," Dreamfinder responded. "If you feel as though something will go wrong with your creation as you imagine it, then it will falter in that exact way! You all must be confident in your imaginations, everyone! There's nothing we can't accomplish!"

As they got up to the platform, they found the door at least opened with no problems. The door opened into a small hallway, which opened out into...

tzt220392LARGE.jpg

...another hotel lobby?

@Crow @dark @Donder172 @Jeremi @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @York

"Close combat gets messy. I will ensure no one sneaks up on us while we complete our mission. I'm going to place an independent variable."

Caustic exclaimed as he activated his pin and pulled out a Canister of some sort; placing it down at the doorway in which the group came into the hotel through with enough room for everybody to move through. He then activated his pin again and equipped his Peacekeeper Shotgun, readying the cartridges in case trouble so happens to cross his path. He then proceeded to follow the group.

upload_2019-10-20_23-47-57-png.4090

"Thanks for the boost, but--" Tony stretched out his arms and cracked his neck. His eyes danced back over to Velma, and he stared intensely. "I am perfectly fine where I am." With a thud, Tony threw himself back down onto the couch, all whilst maintaining eye contact. "If you're not happy with me laying on my back, I'm more than happy to try sitting on my ass instead."

"Do you have any other ways to illuminate your uselessness to the team?"​

Caustic stated under his breath, not caring if Tony heard him or not. After witnessing Velma perform some sort of move on him and walked him with her to the elevator, she intrigued him to press onwards. Someone who wasn't idiotic was a pleasant sight, she'd make a great test subject someday. With that on his mind, he followed her into the elevator towards the library.

As the string was pulled, the doll came to life, arms slowly moving up and down while her head sweetly shook from side to side. A recorded message played from her chest.

"My name is Talky Tina, and I love you very much!"

She said nothing else as they ventured on into the library.

latest

The library was rather small, being about the same size as a hotel room itself, but it still housed an impressive collection of books on the shelves, locked behind glass casings. The shelves also featured curious memorabilia: strange masks, foreign statues...even an odd red radio with a devil on it. There was a television, as well, in one corner.

"A decrepit doll to reveal a hidden library elevator. If we are to find our items of interest, this library would yield a high probability of success."

Caustic exclaimed to the group as he once again utilised his pin and grabbed another Canister; planting it at the base of the elevator behind them to once again ensure no one sneaks up on the group without their knowledge.

@Crow @dark @Donder172 @Jeremi @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @York

Upon closer inspection, it was made clear that it was not a radio at all, but rather some sort of toy.

review_mysticseer2_1.jpg

"A penny for a fortune?" Dreamfinder asked, patting his pockets. "Oh goodness. I left my coin purse back at the fortress!"

There didn't seem to be much else save for the knick knacks. Figment even flew up to look for a key. "Sorry, guys! Nothing!"

Leaf, meanwhile, fiddled with the TV. "Ugh, this stupid thing isn't turning on!"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Sark @Donder172 @Raynar Saassin @Takumi @York @dark @Crow

Upon closer inspection, it was made clear that it was not a radio at all, but rather some sort of toy.

review_mysticseer2_1.jpg

"A penny for a fortune?" Dreamfinder asked, patting his pockets. "Oh goodness. I left my coin purse back at the fortress!"

There didn't seem to be much else save for the knick knacks. Figment even flew up to look for a key. "Sorry, guys! Nothing!"

Leaf, meanwhile, fiddled with the TV. "Ugh, this stupid thing isn't turning on!"

Sam had a weary look as she paced closer to the toy. "Stuff like that brings trouble," She sighed. "But it looks like it might be the only thing of use here. Anyone brought coins with them?"

Velma Dinkley

" I think I have an idea," she replied making it with the pin, putting the first penny into the machine. " So, uhh, Tony Stark ever going to stop being a dick to everyone?" She waited a moment for the answer and then would look at the others. "
I might have a penny or two in my pocket as well so we can ask it the real question of how does the TV work?"

@Yun Lee @Everyone

review_mysticseer2_1.jpg

"This is *cough* *cough, pointless."

Caustic exclaimed while in the midst of a coughing fit, keeping his Peacekeeper in hand in-case of trouble. As someone who were about to enter a Battle Royale sport back in his home, his guard is never dropped, not even for a minute.

"Does anyone actually have something useful to contribute?"

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Takumi @Donder172 @York @dark @Crow @Jeremi @Sark

"This is *cough* *cough, pointless."

Caustic exclaimed while in the midst of a coughing fit, keeping his Peacekeeper in hand in-case of trouble. As someone who were about to enter a Battle Royale sport back in his home, his guard is never dropped, not even for a minute.

"Does anyone actually have something useful to contribute?"

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Takumi @Donder172 @York @dark @Crow @Jeremi @Sark
"I have no idea what these objects are. They are foreign to me." Ulfi answered as she looked around the library, seemingly more interested in the books than the foreign objects. She understood them more than these things that intrigue quite a few people in the group. They certainly weren't of dwemmer origin.

"I have no idea what these objects are. They are foreign to me." Ulfi answered as she looked around the library, seemingly more interested in the books than the foreign objects. She understood them more than these things that intrigue quite a few people in the group. They certainly weren't of dwemmer origin.

"As to me. However our objective is set on finding those key items. I'm going to go explore over there."

Caustic muttered as he walked off deeper into the library, hoping to find something.

@Donder172 @Yun Lee @dark @Takumi @York @Crow @Jeremi @Sark @Lucky

Once the coin was in and the lever pulled, Velma would receive a tiny card. On it was written:

You will know by the end.

"Well that was weird," Leaf said, looking still at the glass cases. "A talking doll and a fortune machine...are we supposed to use these toys to help us?"

"I don't think the doll is gonna help us much," Figment said. " Pullstring dolls like that only say the same things! Unless you imagine them different, of course."

@Lucky @Jeremi @Raynar Saassin @Donder172 @Sark @Takumi @Crow @York @dark

Once the coin was in and the lever pulled, Velma would receive a tiny card. On it was written:

You will know by the end.

"Well that was weird," Leaf said, looking still at the glass cases. "A talking doll and a fortune machine...are we supposed to use these toys to help us?"

"I don't think the doll is gonna help us much," Figment said. " Pullstring dolls like that only say the same things! Unless you imagine them different, of course."

"This place is weird enough that I wouldn't be surprised if they could..."
Sam mused before moving over to the TV that Leaf had been inspecting. If it wasn't turning on...Sam took a closer look to see if she could find something and if push came to shove she could always try to break it open.

Velma Dinkley

" I don't know if this card is answering my first or second question, but it is cryptic as anything either way you look at it. Figment, I think you ma be on to something. Maybe we can imagine it telling us what we need to know,"
Velma pointed out. Velma tried to imagine the doll being more useful and would pull the string again.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Everyone

Tower%20of%20Terror%2069.jpg

The TV seemed to be completely dead, no matter how you tried to turn the knobs. There were four in total: two on the top and two on the bottom. The top two controlled tv channels, while the bottom two controlled volume. All four of the knobs had numbers they could turn to, from 1 to 12.

Meanwhile, as Velma pulled the string, the doll whirred to life again, arms moving mechanically and tead turning side to side. "My name is Talky Tina, and I think you shouldn't break that television!"

"Woah!" Figment gasped. "Did you imagine her doing that, Velma?"

"The Imaginarium doesn't quite work like that, I'm afraid," Dreamfinder said, looking over the doll. He extended his hands towards it. "May I see her, if you don't mind?"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Raynar Saassin @Donder172 @Takumi @Sark @York @dark @Crow

Tower%20of%20Terror%2069.jpg

The TV seemed to be completely dead, no matter how you tried to turn the knobs. There were four in total: two on the top and two on the bottom. The top two controlled tv channels, while the bottom two controlled volume. All four of the knobs had numbers they could turn to, from 1 to 12.

Meanwhile, as Velma pulled the string, the doll whirred to life again, arms moving mechanically and tead turning side to side. "My name is Talky Tina, and I think you shouldn't break that television!"

"Woah!" Figment gasped. "Did you imagine her doing that, Velma?"

"The Imaginarium doesn't quite work like that, I'm afraid," Dreamfinder said, looking over the doll. He extended his hands towards it. "May I see her, if you don't mind?"

Finally. Something. Sam would take anything. Even words from a doll. "And why is that?" She asked the doll. Though the knobs seemed like something that could be of use. "One to twelve...Is there anything in this room you've found with numbers?" As she asked she'd turn the two top knobs to 2 and 4, while the lower she turned to 8 and 12. She didn't know what if anything this could do but she was ready to experiment.

Velma Dinkley

Velma watched as the doll would whir to life again and had to wonder why the doll had changed how it had spoken now that they were in a different room. She doubt it had to do with her imagining it so.

"I don't believe that is how it works. I do think there is more to her than we know."

Velma would look over at Dreamfinder. " I don't mind at all. That doll is something that is puzzling me. I don't know how we can break the television. It appears to be already broken."

@Jeremi @Raynar Saassin @Donder172 @Takumi @Sark @York @dark @Crow

The TV would do nothing as the knobs were messed with. "Can't break it, can't turn it on...do we just leave it here, then?" Leaf asked.

As Dreamfinder took Tina, he inspected her. "She looks like a perfectly normal doll! Let me see if we can learn anything more." He pulled the string once again. "Er, hello, Talky Tina! Is there a reason we should leave the TV alone?"

"If you promise to be nice to me," Tina replied, "Then I'll help you."

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Sark @Donder172 @York @Crow @dark

Velma Dinkley

" I promise to be nice to you, Talky Tina. I know that you probably were very uncomfortable in the suitcase, but I promise that we won't put you in that circumstance. So, what can you tell us to help?"
She asked.

@Yun Lee @Everyone

Dreamfinder pulled the string again. "The TV only works when it's set to thirteen," Tina said.

"But the dials only go up to twelve!" Figment flew up to the television, looking for a thirteen anywhere.

"The bad man who locked me up was able to do it." Dreamfinder didn't even pull her string when Tina spoke that time. "I'm sure you can figure it out."

@Jeremi @Lucky @Raynar Saassin @Sark @York @Crow @Donder172 @dark

Dreamfinder pulled the string again. "The TV only works when it's set to thirteen," Tina said.

"But the dials only go up to twelve!" Figment flew up to the television, looking for a thirteen anywhere.

"The bad man who locked me up was able to do it." Dreamfinder didn't even pull her string when Tina spoke that time. "I'm sure you can figure it out."

"Maybe the dials have to add up to thirteen..." Sam mused aloud fiddling with the dials setting each of them that it would add up to thirteen.

Velma Dinkley

" I was about to make the same suggestion as you. Though perhaps, if that doesn't work, we can set the dials to 1 and 3 on the two rows so it looks to be set to 13. But let's try adding them up first."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee

Back