"Eh? Not that old?" Leaf ran her finger along the tabletop, showing everyone the large gray spot the dust left on her finger. "But look how dusty everything is! If only we had some cleaning supplies..."

Leaf's attention would be taken up by a familiar crest on the wall. "Oh, hey! It's just like those pins we got." She held hers up, inspecting it and the crest on the wall. As the topic switched to food, she added, "Ooh, yeah! I'm hungry, too! You know what sounds good? Grilled cheese! Maybe with some potato chips and a diet soda...huh?"

As Leaf started talking, the pin in her hand began to glow a bright blue. A few seconds later, something appeared before her on one of the tables.

20150219-grilled-cheese-potato-chip-sandwich-vicky-wasik-1-1500x1125.jpg

"Woah!" Leaf took a step back in surprise, bumping into a shelf. "That...that's freaky."

@Cromartous @Crow @Donder172 @Takumi

---

Winston held the pin up closer, adjusting his glasses to get a better look. "I'm not entirely sure, myself. I've worked with all kinds of metals, but those are all from my home world, which is what I'm used to. Maybe this world has something that mine lacks...?" He looked up, around the room, and pointed ahead. "Like that!"

There was a door before them, one that looked quite out of the ordinary.

brightly-colored-door-colorful-door.jpg

Large and colorful, it seemed to clash with the rest of the room, yet blend in with it at the same time. On the front hung a sign that said:

"To the Dreamport."

"Dreamport, huh? I wonder what that means..."

@MelodyMeister

---

As Velma picked up the little soldier, it would do something quite surprising: it began squirming around in her hand, flailing its limbs and shouting indignantly. It was so tiny that it only sounded like high-pitched squeaks, but even so, it was clear it wanted to be put down.

"Oh dear!" From inside the doorway, an older gentleman appeared. Dressed rather formally, he looked jolly and fun, though right now he seemed rather concerned.

the-dreamfinder-chuck-mccann-800x450.jpg

"You might want to put that soldier down, young lady! I'm afraid Figment's toys can get rather animated!"

@Lucky

---

Upon closer inspection, the machine really did seem to be some kind of flying vacuum. Two large tubes connected to a large container in the back, with complicated looking machinery holding up a chair for whoever flew this thing. How exactly it flew, or how one would pilot it, was a mystery. But as Sam got closer, from the large compartment, she could hear...snoring?

@Jeremi

Velma Dinkley

Velma was surprised that it had moved, but it wasn't exactly her first encounter with moving toys. She wondered if someone had installed robotics in the soldier or was there some sort of magic in it? She wasn't certain, but she placed him down regardless. She was sure it could bite if she didn't.

She had nearly missed the older gentleman entering the room, but turned over to him and she paused and tried to rake her brain for the name of the person who had sent the invitation.

" Would you be P.B Whitmore and who is Figment if I may ask?" She asked, not meeting anyone besides him at the moment.

@Yun Lee

"Eh? Not that old?" Leaf ran her finger along the tabletop, showing everyone the large gray spot the dust left on her finger. "But look how dusty everything is! If only we had some cleaning supplies..."

Leaf's attention would be taken up by a familiar crest on the wall. "Oh, hey! It's just like those pins we got." She held hers up, inspecting it and the crest on the wall. As the topic switched to food, she added, "Ooh, yeah! I'm hungry, too! You know what sounds good? Grilled cheese! Maybe with some potato chips and a diet soda...huh?"

As Leaf started talking, the pin in her hand began to glow a bright blue. A few seconds later, something appeared before her on one of the tables.

"Woah!" Leaf took a step back in surprise, bumping into a shelf. "That...that's freaky."

"That defies all logic!" Shockwave was... well... shocked. He decided to try it himself, curious at this discovery.

"I have a desire for strontium spaghetti garnished with the most refined, clean ethanol & a side serving of fresh Sharkticon sashimi."

He waits to see the ma- I mean, science happen.

If others were confused by his words, he would turn to them and say, "they are luxury foods from my homeworld."

@Yun Lee @Cromartous @Crow @Donder172 @Takumi

---

Winston held the pin up closer, adjusting his glasses to get a better look. "I'm not entirely sure, myself. I've worked with all kinds of metals, but those are all from my home world, which is what I'm used to. Maybe this world has something that mine lacks...?" He looked up, around the room, and pointed ahead. "Like that!"

Large and colorful, it seemed to clash with the rest of the room, yet blend in with it at the same time. On the front hung a sign that said:

"To the Dreamport."

@MelodyMeister

---

As Velma picked up the little soldier, it would do something quite surprising: it began squirming around in her hand, flailing its limbs and shouting indignantly. It was so tiny that it only sounded like high-pitched squeaks, but even so, it was clear it wanted to be put down.

"Oh dear!" From inside the doorway, an older gentleman appeared. Dressed rather formally, he looked jolly and fun, though right now he seemed rather concerned.

"You might want to put that soldier down, young lady! I'm afraid Figment's toys can get rather animated!"

@Lucky

---

Upon closer inspection, the machine really did seem to be some kind of flying vacuum. Two large tubes connected to a large container in the back, with complicated looking machinery holding up a chair for whoever flew this thing. How exactly it flew, or how one would pilot it, was a mystery. But as Sam got closer, from the large compartment, she could hear...snoring?

@Jeremi
"Fascinating..." Huey muttered, writing his own badge within his fingertips if I were to give my verdict, I'd say they've combined a micro-micro-microphone with some form of vitals monitoring... they hear our requests, check our vitals and needs, then transmit it down... thing I don't understand is how this world has mastered micro-technology... the technology seems to be light years more advanced than the stuff back home" He broke into a long hum "I wonder..." He raised the badge to his lips as if speaking directly to some higher power "Erm... Hello? Could you send us down a copy of... Todays Paper? Should help us predict the facility's age. If they can transport matter instantaneously, they'll be bending both space and time... Dating may not be as simple as we once thought..."

The Doctor gave a nod and although he wouldn’t say it, he was impressed. The monkey, as far as he can see, is far more technologically advanced then some other ‘evolved’ apes he’s met. Some of those apes even believed that the Earth was flat! And that that magical hocus pocus he’s seen people talk about, luckily wasn’t in this conversation. Glad to see someone he can talk on equal level to.

“Indeed, your theory is very possible. As I can see, you are not from this world, and if you are, then you are from an alternative universe, so because of that, many factors come into play. For example, this advanced technology is almost nonexistent on Earth, and the metal on your pins may be of a different material then normal metal, or may not even exist, because of that, there is no way of-”

The timelord only stopped his barely-comprehensive rambling when he briefly glanced over to where Winston was pointing, and shut up when he saw the door. The door was very unusual, and the sign at the front only made him question even more on why this was here. ‘Dreamports’ probably don’t belong in planetariums such as these.

Now that this circumstance has popped up, The Doctor knew there was only one option. He began to walk over to the port, while speaking in a polite tone that still betrayed a hint of impatience.

“Oh, You should know the question to that. There is no time for wondering, if the possibility of the discovery is upon us. Come on, let’s see what inside this room.”

Stopping just short of the door, The Doctor tried to open the door, even if it could be locked. Sometimes, the simplest solution is the best, and if he tried to unlock a open door, he would make a fool of himself.
@Yun Lee

"By the Nine." Ulfi said shocked at the sudden appearance of the food. Assuming what Leaf said, that was exactly what Leaf ordered.
"I was thinking about some salmon steak, baked potatoes, and some good Nord Mead." Ulfi said, then looking up with confusion at Shockwave.
"That defies all logic!" Shockwave was... well... shocked. He decided to try it himself, curious at this discovery.

"I have a desire for strontium spaghetti garnished with the most refined, clean ethanol & a side serving of fresh Sharkticon sashimi."

He waits to see the ma- I mean, science happen.

If others were confused by his words, he would turn to them and say, "they are luxury foods from my homeworld."

@Yun Lee @Cromartous @Crow @Donder172 @Takumi
"I don't think Nord Mead is a luxury where I'm from. Though there is barely luxury food around. It's whatever you can buy or hunt." Ulfi said and shrugged her arms. "Though... If this can get anything consumable..." Ulfi started as she already started to think. Perhaps this could also get her Daedra Hearts. While they were edible, it was not the reason why she wanted them. They were also used in making Daedra Armor and Weapons.

Shockwave and Ulfi would not receive anything, but Huey would receive a copy of today's paper-but it would not be what he may have hoped. Whatever he had been picturing in his mind that the paper would look like would be right there before him, as if perfectly copying what he had thought it to look like.

"Hmm..." Leaf was deep in thought over this whole thing, but her primary focus seemed to be on the plate of food before. "I wonder if it's edible..."

@Sark @Crow @Donder172 @Takumi

---

"Oh ho ho, no, I'm not Preston. I think he's still getting things ready for the meeting." The man walked up to Velma, extending a gloved hand. "The name is Blarion Mercurial, though my friends call me Dreamfinder. And I consider everyone a friend! Who might you be, miss?"

@Lucky

---

Winston nodded. "You're right, I am from-well, I wouldn't say an alternate universe. More like another one entirely." He sighed. "Should've known I'd get roped into this Multiverse business sooner or later..." he mumbled, seemingly to himself.

The Doctor would find that the door was locked up tight.

@MelodyMeister

---

"To the Dreamport."

@MelodyMeister

---

@Lucky

---

@Jeremi

"Anyone in there?"
Sam peeked closer towards the compartment. "Don't assume this thing flies on dreams?" She went in closer for a look at who or what might have picked this place for its place of rest.

@Yun Lee

Shockwave and Ulfi would not receive anything, but Huey would receive a copy of today's paper-but it would not be what he may have hoped. Whatever he had been picturing in his mind that the paper would look like would be right there before him, as if perfectly copying what he had thought it to look like.

"Hmm..." Leaf was deep in thought over this whole thing, but her primary focus seemed to be on the plate of food before. "I wonder if it's edible..."

@Sark @Crow @Donder172 @Takumi

"Perhaps there are limitations to what can be conjured. I would assume the limits are along the lines of something more... down-to-earth."

Shockwave thinks of the most earth-based thing to come up with.

"I lieu of of this place being a place of science, perhaps it would be fitting to conjure the very first earth lifeforms to catch my intrigue... is it logical? Not in most cases... but they might serve as good company."

Shockwave, in his mind, wished to conjure dinosaurs into reality, specifically dinosaur eggs mere seconds from hatching.

"Perhaps dissecting the sandwich might reveal your answer," Shockwave says to Leaf.

@Yun Lee @Sark @Crow @Donder172 @Takumi

“Ah, of course, I’ve been to Earth and just about everywhere in the stars, and I have yet to seen a robotic monkey who can talk. The technology is quite fascinating, I might try to travel to your universe later. If I can, anyways...”

The door had to be locked anyways. What kind of perfect world would it have to be for life to make the Doctor’s life easier? And considering that his sonic screwdriver was burnt up to a crisp in his earlier years, and he never bothered to replace it, the situation was worse then it could have been.

Guess he’ll have to do it the primitive way.

Leaning down and looking at the door carefully, The Doctor checked inside his pockets, finding nothing that would help lockpick it. It wasn’t like he was particularly good at it as well, otherwise, he would have gotten himself out of quite a few situation.
“Excuse me, Winston was it? Do you mind taking a look at this door? I can’t appear to be able to open it.
@Yun Lee

As Sam approached the compartment, she would notice a little...thing inside from a little window. A purple creature was all curled up, snoring ss he slept. He was even wearing a little yellow sweater! Aww...

@Jeremi

---

Once again, nothing would happen when Shockwave attempted his dinosaur creation. Taking his advice, though, Leaf would pick up the sandwich and get a good look. "Uh...it LOOKS like grilled cheese..." She pulled the bread apart, smiling as the cheese stretched out. "Smells like it, too! I wonder why I could make this, and Huey could make the paper, but you can't make anything..."

@Crow @Sark @Takumi @Donder172

---

"Oh-of course." Winston had gotten lost in thought, but The Doctor snapped him right out of it. Moving to the door, Winston looked it over. "Hmm...it looks out of place in this fortress, so it was probably added recently. And there's no keyhole anywhere, so how do we get in...?"

"That's just the thing-you don't!"

"Huh?" Turning around, the two would find someone had joined them, an older man dressed in a nice, albeit slightly dated, suit.

latest

"Good morning, gentlemen! Or is it the afternoon? Bah, I can't read sundials. Remimd me to get Blarion to cook us up some clocks in here. Actually, one of you do it!" He pointed his cane at The Doctor. "Take that pin and hold it tight. Then, imagine a clock. Any kind of clock! And while you're at it, describe it to us, I love watching this happen."

Winston looked at the old man curiously, then to The Doctor. Was this stranger's whim worth humoring?

@MelodyMeister

As Sam approached the compartment, she would notice a little...thing inside from a little window. A purple creature was all curled up, snoring ss he slept. He was even wearing a little yellow sweater! Aww...

@Jeremi

---

Once again, nothing would happen when Shockwave attempted his dinosaur creation. Taking his advice, though, Leaf would pick up the sandwich and get a good look. "Uh...it LOOKS like grilled cheese..." She pulled the bread apart, smiling as the cheese stretched out. "Smells like it, too! I wonder why I could make this, and Huey could make the paper, but you can't make anything..."

---

"Oh-of course." Winston had gotten lost in thought, but The Doctor snapped him right out of it. Moving to the door, Winston looked it over. "Hmm...it looks out of place in this fortress, so it was probably added recently. And there's no keyhole anywhere, so how do we get in...?"

"Huh?" Turning around, the two would find someone had joined them, an older man dressed in a nice, albeit slightly dated, suit.

latest

"Good morning, gentlemen! Or is it the afternoon? Bah, I can't read sundials. Remimd me to get Blarion to cook us up some clocks in here. Actually, one of you do it!" He pointed his cane at The Doctor. "Take that pin and hold it tight. Then, imagine a clock. Any kind of clock! And while you're at it, describe it to us, I love watching this happen."

Winston looked at the old man curiously, then to The Doctor. Was this stranger's whim worth humoring?

@MelodyMeister

Mirania looked at the grilled cheese sandwich curiously, humming in thought.

Holding up her pin, she decided to try it herself. "How about...a large bowl of fresh beef stew, please." Who knows? Maybe these foids would give them interesting affects-like magic resistance or more strength.

@Yun Lee @Sark @Crow @Donder172

@Jeremi

---

---

latest

@MelodyMeister

Oh what was this adorable thing? Sam leaned closer towards the window to give the creature a proper look over. She decided to not tap on the window and took a step back. With the source of the snoring revealed she decided to take on final look of the area before deciding to move on.

@Yun Lee

"Perhaps the wishes of food were more for self-gain. In my case, I am the only one here capable of consuming the food items I wished for," Shockwave considers, "for instance, Huey here wished for a newspaper to learn about our currenr whereabouts, something all of us could benefit from. Leaf, was it? Did you desire to share your cheese sandwiches with others?"

Shockwave thinks about his second wish - the one with the dinosaurs.

"... as for my second attempt with a different wish, perhaps the device is incapable of creating lifeforms of any kind. A shame, but a logical drawback.

Or none of my theories are correct and it's one of those. The illogical limit placed on certain relics, Cybertronian or human, that judges you worthy based on moral compass."

@Crow @Sark @Takumi @Donder172 @Yun Lee

No keyhole? So what, did he have to knock the door down?
Both the odd man and Winston commented negatively to his question. The strange man especially. The timelord was a curious chap, and definitely unable to keep himself out of trouble. Of course he would wanted to have unlocked the door, even with arguments against.

The Doctor was recovering from being startled, and instead, started to look at the man with slight pity. The man was quite eccentric (not unlike himself, actually but he didn't notice.) and maybe mad.
"Uh, cook up clocks you say?"
There was no arguing with a madman, and besides what would it do besides showing that whatever he was thinking was wrong? He wasn't willing to do any physical things yet, especially after that encounter with the Daleks.

He sighed to himself, since The Doctor surely thought that this was stupid, but did what was asked anyways.
"Just a grandfather clock, nothing special."

@Yun Lee

Velma Dinkley

Velma made a mental note that the P.B in P.B Whitmore stood for Preston. If she met with the others, she would relay this information. She took his gloved hand and took the handshake. " Then it is nice to meet you Dreamfinder. My name is Velma Dinkley," she said smiling as she said this.

@Yun Lee

"Mmm...*smack, smack*..." The little creature in the compartment started to stir awake as Sam got closer, and turned to face her, big yellow eyes blinking in surprise. Very quickly, though, it smiled and waved excitedly, as if seeing an old friend.

d2ff0d783207e44640ff9f0a26882ce345e63e55v2_hq.jpg

"Hi! Are you one of the adventurers Dreamfinder was talking about?!" It popped its head out of the top of the compartment in order to talk to Sam better.

@Jeremi

---

"Or, maybe you just gotta hold the pin, dude." Leaf pointed to the beef stew that had just appeared right next to the grilled cheese.

DSC_2808.JPG

"Let me try..." Leaf held the pin, furrowing her brow. "Uh...ooh! I want a feather duster so I can dust this place off! One of those super feathery ones that maids use! I always wanted one of those!"

Sure enough, it would appear.

468802_2015265.png
"Woo! Look, there it-huh?" Suddenly, the grilled cheese sandwich started to shake, and vanished into a little puff of sparks. "Hey! I was gonna eat that!"

@Crow @Takumi @Sark @Donder172

---

Whitmore merely chuckled. "Not a very imaginitive fellow, are ya?"

Sure enough, a very simple grandfather clock appeared, and as The Doctor had said, it was nothing fancy.

ShakerGrandfather1.jpg

Winston's jaw dropped, and he looked to his pin in shock. "Did this pin...?"

Whitmore didn't seem to hear Winston, and instead walked over to the new clock. "Well, hopefully this clock is functional...now what time is it..." He smacked his hand to his cheek once he read the time. "Great Scott! We're late!" He pointed to Winston. "You! Hold that pin and imagine a PA System in this building!"

"Uhh...all right?" Winston took a seat on the ground, holding the pin in his hand. "There's a PA system here...each room has a speaker...and it all connects to a microphone here in this room." And sure enough, each room was now equipped with a speaker, and a mic sat beside the clock. "Incredible! Just thinking these objects makes them...!"

"ATTENTION, ALL EXPLORERS AND ADVENTURERS!" Whitmore's voice sounded out over the entire fortress. "MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE CHAMBER OF PLANETS! WE HAVE A MEETING TO START!"

@MelodyMeister

---

Dreamfinder jumped in surprise as the announcement rang out. "Ah! It looks like we're about to begin the meeting! Shall we, Miss Dinkley?" He gestured out the door. "While we walk, could you tell me more about yourself? I love meeting new people!"

@Lucky

"Mmm...*smack, smack*..." The little creature in the compartment started to stir awake as Sam got closer, and turned to face her, big yellow eyes blinking in surprise. Very quickly, though, it smiled and waved excitedly, as if seeing an old friend.

"Hi! Are you one of the adventurers Dreamfinder was talking about?!" It popped its head out of the top of the compartment in order to talk to Sam better.

@Jeremi

---

"Or, maybe you just gotta hold the pin, dude." Leaf pointed to the beef stew that had just appeared right next to the grilled cheese.

DSC_2808.JPG

"Let me try..." Leaf held the pin, furrowing her brow. "Uh...ooh! I want a feather duster so I can dust this place off! One of those super feathery ones that maids use! I always wanted one of those!"

468802_2015265.png
"Woo! Look, there it-huh?" Suddenly, the grilled cheese sandwich started to shake, and vanished into a little puff of sparks. "Hey! I was gonna eat that!"

---

Sure enough, a very simple grandfather clock appeared, and as The Doctor had said, it was nothing fancy.

ShakerGrandfather1.jpg

Whitmore didn't seem to hear Winston, and instead walked over to the new clock. "Well, hopefully this clock is functional...now what time is it..." He smacked his hand to his cheek once he read the time. "Great Scott! We're late!" He pointed to Winston. "You! Hold that pin and imagine a PA System in this building!"

"Uhh...all right?" Winston took a seat on the ground, holding the pin in his hand. "There's a PA system here...each room has a speaker...and it all connects to a microphone here in this room." And sure enough, each room was now equipped with a speaker, and a mic sat beside the clock. "Incredible! Just thinking these objects makes them...!"

"ATTENTION, ALL EXPLORERS AND ADVENTURERS!" Whitmore's voice sounded out over the entire fortress. "MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE CHAMBER OF PLANETS! WE HAVE A MEETING TO START!"

@MelodyMeister

---

Dreamfinder jumped in surprise as the announcement rang out. "Ah! It looks like we're about to begin the meeting! Shall we, Miss Dinkley?" He gestured out the door. "While we walk, could you tell me more about yourself? I love meeting new people!"

@Lucky

Oh a talking lizard thing? I guess Sam should have expected that. "One of them, yeah. Captain America, at your service." She looked over the ship a bit again before continuing. "Fancy ship you got here, you the captain?"

@Yun Lee

@Jeremi

---

DSC_2808.JPG

468802_2015265.png

---

ShakerGrandfather1.jpg

@MelodyMeister

---

@Lucky

"I suppose I can retry later," Shockwave says, calm in tone, but who knew how he was feeling on the inside? "It seems that there are still limits to this. Who knows what they truly are?"

Shockwave decides to walk towards the Chamber of Planets.

"... wait, how does this place have a PA System?"

@Yun Lee

I'm imaginative, I'm just not a imbecile who believes that cooking up clocks is possible.

Although tempted to say that out loud, The Doctor didn't want to be impolite. He simply furrowed his eyebrows in an attempt to be unimpressed. Surely...
Alright, while he didn't deny that technology could do wonders, THIS, was not technology.
"That's simply impossible. Whatever material the pin is, and what it's function is, it's fantastic! Where does the object come from, does it conjure out of thin a-"
He stopped once he realised he was only mumbling to himself. The strange man was now asking for a PA system, and granted what it did earlier, it would likely work.

Sure enough it did, and The Doctor closed his eyes and focused on plaicing his hands in his pockets to drown out the oncoming headache. He was about a few minutes away from grabbing the pin and wishing up a way out of this.

@Yun Lee

Back