Stepping out of the elevators, all three groups found themselves reunited. "Dreamfinder!" Figment flew right into his creator's arms, visibly shaken. "What's going on? Why is that statue doing this?"

"Well, I suppose being an evil entity means you want to be as cruel as possible," Dreamfinder responded, a grave expression on his face. "I get the feeling I know what happened to Hightower..."

"We're not gonna let it happen to us!" Leaf followed Velma, looking out into the darkness of their new surroundings. "We just gotta get through this stupid test of his first..."

IMG_4198-1024x768.jpg

They had stepped out into some sort of boiler room, the elevators having been part of the building already. Oddly enough, the electricity up ahead appeared to be working, as the fluorescent lights flickered on up ahead. The copper machinery contrasted with limestone walls, creating a cold atmosphere...with the hollow clanging of machinery sounding in the distance.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Sark @Donder172 @dark @Crow @York

"Charming," Sam replied looking around the surrounding area. "Is this the part where we get attacked by a hatchet murderer?" She joked but considering the circumstances it wouldn't probably be far from the truth. She pointed towards where she could hear the machinery. "Anyone got a better idea or should we head and check out what's making that sound?"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Sark @Donder172 @dark @Crow @York

Velma Dinkley

Velma looked over at the area. " I'm with you, we aren't about to be beaten by a statue. I feel like whatever we are supposed to do- we need to figure out what that clanging is, despite the fact that it seems like a bad idea. It is the only lead that we have besides the flickering lights and somehow I don't think that is gong to help us. " She seemed ready to go with the Captain to figure this mystery out and save whoever.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Sark @Donder172 @dark @Crow @yorrk @Yun Lee

"Just...follow the clanging, then?" Leaf imagined herself a baseball bat, juuuust in case. "O-Okay. Let's go."

The clanging seemed to just be hollow echoing of the boilers and generators, which oddly enough seemed to still be working despite how old and abandoned this place was. In fact, on a stool they passed lay a hand of cards covered in a coat of dust, as if it had been abandoned mid-game.

"Huh? What's this?" Figment flew up to a plaque on the wall.

permit_to_operate_elevator.jpg

"It's dated...Halloween, 1939? He brought us somewhere twenty years in the future!"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @dark @Crow @Donder172 @York

Velma Dinkley

"
I think it might be a good thing to arm ourselves, who knows what we are going to find?" She asked, mostly as less of a question.

Velma did find it weird that the generators were still working, despite the fact that the place seemed to be incredibly old and abandoned a the moment. It look like that whoever had been here before was gone in a hurry or had just disappeared. Maybe it might be a good idea to dust again.

Velma looked over at the plaque that Figment was looking at.

" Judging by the layers of dust, it might be even further in the future," she replied, imaging a feather dust to dust off the cards to replace her flashlight.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Sark @Takumi @dark @Crow @Donder172 @York

"Just...follow the clanging, then?" Leaf imagined herself a baseball bat, juuuust in case. "O-Okay. Let's go."

The clanging seemed to just be hollow echoing of the boilers and generators, which oddly enough seemed to still be working despite how old and abandoned this place was. In fact, on a stool they passed lay a hand of cards covered in a coat of dust, as if it had been abandoned mid-game.

"It's dated...Halloween, 1939? He brought us somewhere twenty years in the future!"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @dark @Crow @Donder172 @York

Sam had almost forgotten about that and in turn imagined her trusty shield to her side. "This is getting weirder and weirder." The Captain America of Earth-65 looked around to see if she could find anything that caught her eye. "If those cards mean anything whatever happened here happened quickly and with out much warning. Stay sharp people, don't let anything get a drop on you."

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @dark @Crow @Donder172 @York

"And what does this precisely mean?" Ulfi asked.

The cards didn't reveal much else, just that whoever was playing had the three of clubs, the two of hearts, the eight of spades, and the six of diamonds.

"Is that considered a good hand?" Figment asked.

"No idea," Leaf said with a shrug. "I prefer slot machines, honestly."

Dreamfinder looked at Ulfi with a grave expression. "I'm afraid it means that Shiriki Utundu has the power to send us wherever he wants, whenever he wants." He sighed, removing his top hat. "I truly as sorry for our situation, everyone. I had no idea this would happen."

"Aw, come on! What's an adventure without someone trying to stop us?" Leaf giggled. "Man, the look on his face when we beat all his little games is gonna be great!"

"...can he even make faces?"

@Crow @dark @Donder172 @Jeremi @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @York

The cards didn't reveal much else, just that whoever was playing had the three of clubs, the two of hearts, the eight of spades, and the six of diamonds.

"Is that considered a good hand?" Figment asked.

"No idea," Leaf said with a shrug. "I prefer slot machines, honestly."

Dreamfinder looked at Ulfi with a grave expression. "I'm afraid it means that Shiriki Utundu has the power to send us wherever he wants, whenever he wants." He sighed, removing his top hat. "I truly as sorry for our situation, everyone. I had no idea this would happen."

"Aw, come on! What's an adventure without someone trying to stop us?" Leaf giggled. "Man, the look on his face when we beat all his little games is gonna be great!"

"...can he even make faces?"

"He's gonna make one when my fist hits his splintered face."
Sam replied. "But that will have to wait, we're here so...what are we looking for?"

"Well, our goal is to find a book and that little duck, if I recall correctly." Dreamfinder held his chin in thought. "Though I do wonder...how does he expect us to find said book anywhere? He didn't give us any details or anything!"

"Maybe it's neon green or something? Ooh! Or maybe it can float! Or...or what if it makes sounds when you open it?" As Figment offered up all these ideas, each book came to life. "Oops! I guess none of these are the ones, huh?"

Velma wouldn't activate anything, but from where she sat, she would see a boiler...and something peeking out from behind it looking right at her.

"Well, our goal is to find a book and that little duck, if I recall correctly." Dreamfinder held his chin in thought. "Though I do wonder...how does he expect us to find said book anywhere? He didn't give us any details or anything!"

"Maybe it's neon green or something? Ooh! Or maybe it can float! Or...or what if it makes sounds when you open it?" As Figment offered up all these ideas, each book came to life. "Oops! I guess none of these are the ones, huh?"

Velma wouldn't activate anything, but from where she sat, she would see a boiler...and something peeking out from behind it looking right at her.

"During situations like this," Sam started. "Any plan or clue is valid." She looked around exasperated. That damn statue had really dropped them into this place with no clue how they could find it. As Captain America she usually knew everything about the situation she was walking into but right now... "I guess we just have to keep on looking."

@Yun Lee @Crow @dark @Donder172 @Jeremi @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @York

"Indeed," Dreamfinder said as Figment imagined away all the books. "I suppose our best option right now is to find our way out of this room, isn't it? I get the feeling the book we need won't be just laying around here..."

"Velma!" Leaf rushed right behind the girl. "Are you crazy? You don't just walk up to something by yourself in a creepy place like this!"

Velma would see the tiniest glimpse of curled hair pulling away from behind the boiler, and a little child's giggle echoed through the room.

"Indeed," Dreamfinder said as Figment imagined away all the books. "I suppose our best option right now is to find our way out of this room, isn't it? I get the feeling the book we need won't be just laying around here..."

"Velma!" Leaf rushed right behind the girl. "Are you crazy? You don't just walk up to something by yourself in a creepy place like this!"

Velma would see the tiniest glimpse of curled hair pulling away from behind the boiler, and a little child's giggle echoed through the room.

"Yeah. I don't like that one bit,"
Sam said looking around the boiler room for the giggling. "Only good thing about a boxed area like this is that if we get into a fight it's going to be up close. Let's try to find a place out of here." With that Sam would carefully make her way in the area to try and see if she could find a way for them to escape this place.

"Yeah. I don't like that one bit," Sam said looking around the boiler room for the giggling. "Only good thing about a boxed area like this is that if we get into a fight it's going to be up close. Let's try to find a place out of here." With that Sam would carefully make her way in the area to try and see if she could find a way for them to escape this place.

Velma

" No, but there does seem to be some answers coming from this way. A good mystery isn't going to solve itself though. This place has to have answers. I think there was some thing behind the boiler.... though I wonder if it is friend or foe now," she mumbled. " Sam, would you like to check with me?:

@Crow @dark @Donder172 @Jeremi @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @York @Yun Lee

"It could very well be a trick of some sort, I'll help you look as well." Mirania offered, a frown on her face. A child shouldn't be in the area, and if it's that mean old statue playing a dirty trick on them well, she had some choice things to say to it that's for sure.

@Yun Lee @Lucky @York @Jeremi @Crow @Donder172 @Sark @dark

"What did I say?!" Leaf was practically glued to Velma at this point, the giggling having spooked the young girl immensely. But it did seem that just beyond the boiler was an old spiral staircase leading up to higher in.

"I'll take point. Everyone, follow me."
Shield held firmly in her grip Sam started to slowly walk up the staircase. She didn't want to just rush in especially after that giggling.

As the group began climbing up the staircase, it seemed to go on forever. Figment decided to fly up a bit, and peered out from a ways up. "Good news! The stairs lead to a door!" He paused, looking over his shoulder. "Um...some bad news...a lot of the stairs are gone."

Sure enough, the group would find that the last twenty feet or so of stairs was simply missing, the only hint to their whereabouts being a spark of green electricity snapping from the central axis. "No problem! We can just climb-" Leaf grabbed onto the axis of the staircase, only for a large creaking to echo in response. It was clear climbing up would damage more than just the missing stairwell.

Back