Yun Lee

The Sculptor
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
Staff Member on Hiatus
Exploratio Continua!

Prologue: One Little Spark

You aren't sure who sent it, or how it arrived to you. Perhaps you were on an expedition or adventure of some sort, or off inventing sone grand machine, or maybe you were just enjoying the comfort of your own home for a bit. Whatever the case, you find a letter nearby on your workbench or table. A beautiful white envelope, sender by the name, "P. B. Whitmore." The stamp is interesting, too. Some sort of crest?

But what really matters is the content of the envelope. Inside you find a little pin of the same design as the stamp, and a letter:

Hey there! You've received this letter due to your love of science, the arts, and most importantly, adventure. I've been looking to revive an old program a friend of mine once belonged to: The Society of Explorers and Adcenturers, or S.E.A. for short. Back in its heyday, this group went on all sorts of expeditions, finding artifacts only thought to be legends. They preserved paintings, scientific gadgets, and discovered all sorts of ruins and other things. And I wanna start it up agai-with you as one of the founding members! You want in? If so, go on and put your pin on, and I want you to look at the picture enclosed in this here letter.

Sure enough, there is a picture enclosed. Of an old fortress by the sea.

fortress-explorations-tokyo-disneysea-800x600.jpg

You see that? This is gonna sound crazy, but I want you to imagine you're there. Trust me. Close your eyes, and put yourself there. Do yousmell the saltwater? Hear the crashing waves, the seagulls? Feel the Italian sunlight on your face? Once you do...open your eyes.

You do so, and, as if by magic, you're standingright there, in front of the fortress in the picture. You glance down at the letter, looking for an exploration, but all you find is one line of text:

Welcome to Fortress Explorations, friend. Come on in.

Cast List

@Cromartous as Dr. Huey Emerich
@Crow as Shockwave
@Donder172 as Ulfi Blackthorn
@Jeremi as Captain America
@Lucky as Velma Dinkley
@MelodyMeister as The Fifth Doctor
@Raynar Saassin as Winston
@Takumi as Mirania​

Prologue
One Cold Spark

Shockwave was working in his laboratory in an unknown area - unknown area, as it was called, since that was what it truly was. It was a planet away from Cybertron, as he was now labelled an outlaw on Cybertron.

He still managed to fix a two-way Spacebridge leading to his secret laboratory on Cybertron, located on the Sea of Rust, but now that the Sea of Rust was no longer living up to his name, it was only a matter of time before it turned from barbaric plains to civilized lands. That was where he got most of his supplies, including precious Energon. Fortunately, he had a few of his Predacons guard the area to prevent that, and his reward for his pets - the environment and all the prey that frolicked, from the tiniest Scraplet to the fastest Turbofox.

Of course, he gave them the green light to eat any humanoid Cybertronian visitors. The Sea of Rust, while no longer rusty, would remain wild as long as Shockwave lived.

As he worked on his next project on his table - a method to properly, foolproofishly disguise himself to pass off as a civilian on Cybertron, he noticed a small letter on his table. He opened it up with much diffuculty.

"I am starting to find my lack of a second arm an illogical choice on my part. No matter."

When he finished reading, he looked up and saw the fortress.

"Earth, no doubt," he added, then looked around at the smaller beings who shared his fate. "Humans, and a closely-related primate species from the same planet."

Shockwave circled the gorilla two times.

uHlY2lc.jpg

"Inferior to the avian-reptillian beasts that roamed Earth prior to the locally-theorized meteor, but still intriguing and workable nonetheless," Shockwave utters, "nevertheless, it would be illogical for me to remain stationary."

The Decepticon walked into the Fortress, deciding to get this over and done with.

@Yun Lee @Raynar Saassin

Last edited:
Mirania Prologue: New Research

Mirania was disappointed at the groups failed attempt at a jailbreak. All of those struggles in the tunnels only to run into a dead end. At least Zael got a second trial it seemed, so he just had to comvince those council memebers of their innocence despite what that nasty Jarall had to say!

Stomach growling, the woman sighed softly as she sat on the ground, before she felt strange parchment at her side. Picking it up, she read it, and-although not knowing of a place called Italy-soon found herself outside of the dungeon of Lazulis Castle but at the fortress in the picture. How odd.

"Oh my, what have I gotten myself into?" she muttered, a little worried as she took notice that none of her friends were around and there was a rather large animal in what looked like armor and a....whatever Shockwave was.

@Yun Lee @Crow @Raynar Sassin

Prologue: The Mystery of The Fortress
The Doctor was relaxing, for once. After a long, brutal adventure with the Daleks, and leaving Tegan, he wasn’t feeling all that well, and for that he decided to stop by the Eye Of Orion.
Of course, had he had the option, The Doctor would have stayed for longer, but given the Time Lord’s curiosity, he couldn’t help but pick up that strange letter that he noticed was next to him.
Reading it, The Doctor was perplexed, and worn out from the last adventure. But he let his curiosity get the better of him, and closed his eyes while imagining the place, and wondering just where it was of course.

And when he opened his eyes again, he was outside where he imagined, that strange fortress. The time lord put his hand to his face and sighed. He was on Earth again, by himself, and probably his companion was wondering where he was. Well, there was nothing to gain by just standing there. The Doctor walked in a bit after Shockwave, looking at him puzzled.

“So what are you exactly, to so readily consider humans inferior to the species before it? Humans have their faults, and the silurians before them didn’t deserve the end they got, but they’re much better then many other kinds. Actually, come to think of it, where are you from? Surely not Earth?”
@Crow @Yun Lee

Prologue: The Ramblings of an Old Doctor

"Incredible!" Dr.Emmerich exclaimed, running a shivering hand through his musky hair. With heavy breaths and a quivering tongue, he swallowed hard, resisting the urge to start singing a 'Halleluiah' to modern science. "Absolutely incredible! For us to be here... its nothing short of revolutionary! TRANSDIMENSIONAL MATTER TRANSPORTATION! I've never so much as heard of experiments such as these getting beyond the theoretical stage; this Mr.Whitmore must be nothing short of a genius..."

The Good Doctor circulated his badge between his fingers, painting it with his eyes and trying to break down what might have caused his sudden displacement. One minute he's relaxing in his lab, sipping engine-warmed coffee while hunched over his latest creation. It was to be the machine to pass even Metal Gear, something that would change the direction of the coming century, and pace the way for an era of pure, perpetual peace. It would be his pride and joy, his thought child; Metal Gear MK.VI. Of course, the first metal gear to bear his authorship, Metal Gear Basilisk, was the marvel of the 1970s. At the time, quadrupedal robotics was a completely unexplored field, and that was without accounting for the added complexities of nuclear weapon integration. Had the unforeseen 'Peace Walker' incident not occurred, he would have been awarded the Nobel Peace prize for sure. Yet its ultimate destruction simply opened the door for Huey to surpass himself, a goal he longed to achieve.

Next game Metal Gear: Zeke, a project completed on behalf of a personal... acquaintance. Their agreement was simply; in exchange for the completion of Zeke, Emmerich was to be granted free reign on all future projects and experiments, their funding coming straight from MSF's R&D budget. Little did his 'acquaintance' realize that simply being able to work on such a project was a reward in itself; if he wanted to be a rich man, he would have built commercial computers; if he had wanted to be famous, he would have built medical technology; but putting his talents towards peace- more importantly, towards the betterment of world deterrence- would prove to be more than enough to keep the man enthused. And if he was to grow wealthy or famous in the process? Then they would simply be added bonuses. Regardless, Zeke would also fall victim to the 1970's, and after lengthy and expensive repairs, he had opted to scrap the sacrifice the machine to the waves, and turn his genius to the future.

The 80's had fuelled his imagination greatly; Blade Runner, the Empire Strikes Back, the Wrath of Khan and the Last Starfighter had pushed the boundaries of science fiction, taunting the Good Doctor and driving his lust to turn them into scientific fact. Even under duress and gripped within the final heating of the Cold War, Emmerich would work towards the completion of Sahalanthropus, his first upright bipedal machine. The thought of machine a robot stand had made the man giddy at the time- of course, his prototype walker gears were mostly upright, but the fully master the build of a human, he had been forced to pour thousands upon thousands of hours into his designs, and millions of dollars from his captors-turned-benefactors. The result was an almost 50-foot colossus, capable of launching an undetectable nuclear missile from almost anywhere on the globe. The journey may have been hard and it may have been expensive, but in Huey's eyes, the machine could be summarised the machine in a single word, Hugh thought it to be perfect.

But even those days seemed to be so long ago. The times had changed, and the years had not been kind. None the less, he would surpass himself again. Whether it was through Metal Gear Mk.VI or S.E.A., he would find a way. He had to...

Yet, even with all his know-how and skill, even he couldn't comprehend how something as complicated as instantaneous transnational- possibly even transdimensional- travel could be completed using nothing but a letter, a photograph, and a pin badge. It had taken almost 50-feet of pure machinery for his world's greatest mind to create an upright robot; how could something as complex as a transporter be so small? The badge was too small to contain so much as a pair of microchips, let alone an advanced navigational pod. Was the process chemical? He dared not reduce himself to a skeptic and call it magical, but at that moment his theories were running dry.

Adjusting his cloudy frames, Dr.Emmerich drew his eyes away from the badge, and the enormous doorframe that loomed behind it like a spectator. According to the wording of the letter, there would obviously be more than one scientist attending the night's gathering; perhaps one of them had an idea of the mechanisms of their arrival? That failing, he would simply have to find Mr.Whitemore himself and grind the answers out of him personally.

Huey pressed against the lever at his wrist and danced towards the growing ground, his wheelchair rattling from side to side as its treads ate the plants beneath it. For a gathering of great minds, you would think that someone would have replaced these docks with something more...accessible. The uneven plane and scattered robes had made navigation far more of a challenge than Huey would have liked to admit; beyond that, he feared for the security of such old, wooden supports standing in the belly of a heartless sea; in his time, he had seen sturdier supports lost to the deep, and he certainly didn't wish for a repeat of the Ground Zeroes Incident. Before he knew it, he was on concrete, and within earshot of the rest of S.E.A., or soon to be S.E.A. members.

"Er...You there!" Huey called out to Mirania and the mechanical man with a smile and a wave "I presume you're with S.E.A., too? I mean, you're wearing the badge?"
@Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow

"I have not mentioned that they are the inferior species in contrast to those before them. Such a statement is not entirely logical, but is certainly true when comparing singular aspects of each organism. It is, however, true that humans have inferior strength to the more combat-based, wilderness-adapted species before them, being a species that alters their environment as opposed to being one with it, using intellect instead," Shockwave explains, "that is not to say that both cannot be possible at the same time. Also, that is not a human I referred to, but rather, a seperate simian species."

Shockwave looks at the Doctor directly.

"I am from Cybertron, of the Alpha Centauri Star System..."

Shockwave keeps looking at the doctor, his cold, emotionless single eye he called a face not twitching a single bit.

"... it seems that there is more that meets the eye when it comes to you. What is your home planet?"

Shockwave turns to another human who asked questions as well.

hwj9Gwq.jpg

"My allegiance is with the Decepticons, not the collective array of human nations known as Southeast Asia..."

Shockwave looks at the proportionately-small letter again

"... or this Society you speak of. Unless a plausible reason for my presence is provided, such as how the organization will benefit me, my presence in this gathering is illogical."

@Takumi @Raynar Saassin @MelodyMeister @Cromartous @Yun Lee

The Doctor secretly got annoyed with himself, today was just not his day, was it? Well, true, Humans were just apes. But to get them confused...He looked up and spoke again, with a polite smile.
“Cybertron? I’ve never heard of it, and I’ve been to Alpha Centauri before multiple times. Oh, I’m the Doctor, from Gallifrey, how do you do?”

The Doctor was also staring into Shockwave, That one emotionless eye really was quite cold and creepy. Although what could he have expected from a robot?
“I’ve never been to your home planet, might have to visit it later. Did someone design and program you? Or did you somehow come into existence?”
@Crow

Prologue: Imagination is the essence of discovery.

In the world of Overwatch, there existed numerous scientific minds; one of them being a genetically modified gorilla by the name of Winston, was a brilliant scientist and a champion for humanity's potential. At his home of Watchpoint Gibraltar, Winston was at work.

gibraltar-screenshot-002.2qpm4-800x450.jpg

"Welcome back, Winston. Do I need to update your personal log?" "That won't be necessary Athena. I wasn't gone for that long, was I? Was just checking on Tracer." "A diagnostic on the Chrono-Accelerator you built for her?" "That, and I was checking on her. We have quite a lot of history together in Overwatch. I treat her as a close friend. Bring up the latest news on my computer." "Very well, Winston. Nothing new has occurred since your last query, a few new Overwatch agents have reported back confirming a mission success, and are awaiting assignments." "Good! Looks like my message really went through. Speaking of... Athena, I'm going to be absent for a while. A new place has caught my interest and I've been invited to join a group of similar talents." "Very well. I shall keep the area locked down in case of a Talon Attack. We wouldn't want a repeat of last time." "No... We wouldn't."

Once Winston left his home of Gibraltar, he checked the letter he received from an unknown source. "Hmm. Looks like a lovely little place. I should be able to set up a base here for when I need to do some research." That was when he glanced onto the picture once more and felt himself teleport to that very place! "Woah. Incredible. Someone managed to create a teleportation device inside of a simple letter. The power of science prevails once more. I must learn more about this technology."

That was when he noticed he wasn't alone there, others had appeared as well in different shapes and sizes and appearances, and thought to introduce himself.

350px-Winston-portrait.png

"(I made a Chrono Accelerator. I'm sure I can do this...) To all others invited--- No... To everyone who was invited, I am Winston! Haha! Obviously... Ahem. Hello. My name is Winston. It's a pleasure to meet everyone."

@Crow @MelodyMeister @Cromartous @Takumi @Yun Lee

"Much like you have not heard of Cybertron, I myself do not possess knowledge of Gallifrey. As for how I am feeling, I suppose I am displeased by how my work was interrupted for this."

Shockwave continues as his eye continues to stare.

"We Cybertronians emerge from the Well of All Sparks, likened to what you organic life forms refer to as birth or hatching. We are provided some extent of knowledge most basic, before we begin to learn more about the world around us. As such, your latter suggestion is the closest to reality, but I can see why you would find logic in the former. We Cybertronians are not machines, but rather, mechanical life forms."

Shockwave quickly turns to see the gorilla talk.

"An Earth life form outside of humans to be capable of intelligent speech. That is unheard of, but not illogical in the context of closely-related simian species such as you," Shockwave adds, "with others introducing themselves, it is only logical that I do as well. My name is Shockwave."

@MelodyMeister @Raynar Saassin @Cromartous @Takumi @Yun Lee

"Hmm. Interesting to see a robotic creation speak in such a tone. I had always wondered if there were smart omnics aside from Zenyatta and a few others, but it would appear that you are not something I have come across in my line of work." Winston responded to Shockwave. "You did have a choice to appear here, did you not also receive an invitation?"

@Crow

Listening to both Shockwave and Winston, The Doctor kept quiet for a while, only taking into note apparently how Cybertronians are born, and that monkeys can talk. The universe sure is a strange place. Hearing someone come up behind him, The Doctor turned around and smiled at ‘Captain America’. The timelord smiled and reach out as if to shake hands.

“I’m the Doctor. Good to see you, Captain. So you say that, everyone is from diffrent worlds, that would explain why I’ve never met any of them in any of my incarnations. Although my main concern is why we are all here. I hope this is just a short and little adventure, I really do have to get back to the TARDIS.”
Indeed, The Doctor did like to meet new people, but he was really quite enjoying his time back with Turlough, and it wasn’t like his companion knew how to fly the TARDIS.
@Jeremi @Yun Lee

Exploratio Continua!

Prologue: One Little Spark

You aren't sure who sent it, or how it arrived to you. Perhaps you were on an expedition or adventure of some sort, or off inventing sone grand machine, or maybe you were just enjoying the comfort of your own home for a bit. Whatever the case, you find a letter nearby on your workbench or table. A beautiful white envelope, sender by the name, "P. B. Whitmore." The stamp is interesting, too. Some sort of crest?

But what really matters is the content of the envelope. Inside you find a little pin of the same design as the stamp, and a letter:

Hey there! You've received this letter due to your love of science, the arts, and most importantly, adventure. I've been looking to revive an old program a friend of mine once belonged to: The Society of Explorers and Adcenturers, or S.E.A. for short. Back in its heyday, this group went on all sorts of expeditions, finding artifacts only thought to be legends. They preserved paintings, scientific gadgets, and discovered all sorts of ruins and other things. And I wanna start it up agai-with you as one of the founding members! You want in? If so, go on and put your pin on, and I want you to look at the picture enclosed in this here letter.

Sure enough, there is a picture enclosed. Of an old fortress by the sea.

fortress-explorations-tokyo-disneysea-800x600.jpg

You see that? This is gonna sound crazy, but I want you to imagine you're there. Trust me. Close your eyes, and put yourself there. Do yousmell the saltwater? Hear the crashing waves, the seagulls? Feel the Italian sunlight on your face? Once you do...open your eyes.

You do so, and, as if by magic, you're standingright there, in front of the fortress in the picture. You glance down at the letter, looking for an exploration, but all you find is one line of text:

Welcome to Fortress Explorations, friend. Come on in.

Cast List

@Cromartous as Dr. Huey Emerich
@Crow as Shockwave
@Donder172 as Ulfi Blackthorn
@Jeremi as Captain America
@Lucky as Velma Dinkley
@MelodyMeister as The Fifth Doctor
@Raynar Saassin as Winston
@Takumi as Mirania​
The dominating sound of smithing was heard from the shop Ulfi had set up over the years. She was somewhat busy as usual with creating armor and weapons for customers. Having all her focus on her work, she was completely oblivious to the letter that was sitting on her armoring bench. It wasn't until the morning after that she notices the letter. It raised suspicion with her as someone, somehow managed to sneak into her shop. There were only two organizations she was aware of that could do this. The Thieve's Guild and the Dark Brotherhood. The latter being in ruins.
She picked the letter and opened it. Reading what it said with a grain of salt. Feel the Italian sunlight was what caused confusion to her. Italian? What was that? There was no province that had a name even close to that. Perhaps this was something by the Daedra. As she took that into account, Ulfi swapped her clothing for smithing with her armor and weapons. She picked up her amulet of Talos before whispering quietly prayers to Talos in the language of the dragons before following the instructions of the letter.
What she saw was somewhat uncomfortable for her. What seems to be a giant dwemmer construct she never saw before, a hairy orc with strange armor and much more. The Nord moved her hands towards the greatsword on her back. She was more than likely spotted already. "Where in Oblivion did I end up." Ulfi muttered. She heard them talk and told each who they are, though she only hard the conversation partially. Perhaps these people just met each other, perhaps they were not with the Daedra.
@MelodyMeister @Raynar Saassin @Cromartous @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Jeremi

"The invitation is right here," Shockwave responds to Winston, showing him the paper. "How does a planet so primitive send paper-based mail directly onto a desk in my private laboratory, though? That is illogical."

He turns to the one who calls herself Captain America.

"Considering our various highly differing accounts, your explanation is somewhat logical. Most of you appear to be humans from different realities or eras," Shockwave's single eye turns to Ulfi, "speaking of different eras, you appear to be from an era more primitive than the majority of us."

@MelodyMeister @Raynar Saassin @Cromartous @Jeremi @Takumi @Donder172 @Crow @Yun Lee

Prologue: The Ramblings of an Old Doctor

"Incredible!" Dr.Emmerich exclaimed, running a shivering hand through his musky hair. With heavy breaths and a quivering tongue, he swallowed hard, resisting the urge to start singing a 'Halleluiah' to modern science. "Absolutely incredible! For us to be here... its nothing short of revolutionary! TRANSDIMENSIONAL MATTER TRANSPORTATION! I've never so much as heard of experiments such as these getting beyond the theoretical stage; this Mr.Whitmore must be nothing short of a genius..."

The Good Doctor circulated his badge between his fingers, painting it with his eyes and trying to break down what might have caused his sudden displacement. One minute he's relaxing in his lab, sipping engine-warmed coffee while hunched over his latest creation. It was to be the machine to pass even Metal Gear, something that would change the direction of the coming century, and pace the way for an era of pure, perpetual peace. It would be his pride and joy, his thought child; Metal Gear MK.VI. Of course, the first metal gear to bear his authorship, Metal Gear Basilisk, was the marvel of the 1970s. At the time, quadrupedal robotics was a completely unexplored field, and that was without accounting for the added complexities of nuclear weapon integration. Had the unforeseen 'Peace Walker' incident not occurred, he would have been awarded the Nobel Peace prize for sure. Yet its ultimate destruction simply opened the door for Huey to surpass himself, a goal he longed to achieve.

Next game Metal Gear: Zeke, a project completed on behalf of a personal... acquaintance. Their agreement was simply; in exchange for the completion of Zeke, Emmerich was to be granted free reign on all future projects and experiments, their funding coming straight from MSF's R&D budget. Little did his 'acquaintance' realize that simply being able to work on such a project was a reward in itself; if he wanted to be a rich man, he would have built commercial computers; if he had wanted to be famous, he would have built medical technology; but putting his talents towards peace- more importantly, towards the betterment of world deterrence- would prove to be more than enough to keep the man enthused. And if he was to grow wealthy or famous in the process? Then they would simply be added bonuses. Regardless, Zeke would also fall victim to the 1970's, and after lengthy and expensive repairs, he had opted to scrap the sacrifice the machine to the waves, and turn his genius to the future.

The 80's had fuelled his imagination greatly; Blade Runner, the Empire Strikes Back, the Wrath of Khan and the Last Starfighter had pushed the boundaries of science fiction, taunting the Good Doctor and driving his lust to turn them into scientific fact. Even under duress and gripped within the final heating of the Cold War, Emmerich would work towards the completion of Sahalanthropus, his first upright bipedal machine. The thought of machine a robot stand had made the man giddy at the time- of course, his prototype walker gears were mostly upright, but the fully master the build of a human, he had been forced to pour thousands upon thousands of hours into his designs, and millions of dollars from his captors-turned-benefactors. The result was an almost 50-foot colossus, capable of launching an undetectable nuclear missile from almost anywhere on the globe. The journey may have been hard and it may have been expensive, but in Huey's eyes, the machine could be summarised the machine in a single word, Hugh thought it to be perfect.

But even those days seemed to be so long ago. The times had changed, and the years had not been kind. None the less, he would surpass himself again. Whether it was through Metal Gear Mk.VI or S.E.A., he would find a way. He had to...

Yet, even with all his know-how and skill, even he couldn't comprehend how something as complicated as instantaneous transnational- possibly even transdimensional- travel could be completed using nothing but a letter, a photograph, and a pin badge. It had taken almost 50-feet of pure machinery for his world's greatest mind to create an upright robot; how could something as complex as a transporter be so small? The badge was too small to contain so much as a pair of microchips, let alone an advanced navigational pod. Was the process chemical? He dared not reduce himself to a skeptic and call it magical, but at that moment his theories were running dry.

Adjusting his cloudy frames, Dr.Emmerich drew his eyes away from the badge, and the enormous doorframe that loomed behind it like a spectator. According to the wording of the letter, there would obviously be more than one scientist attending the night's gathering; perhaps one of them had an idea of the mechanisms of their arrival? That failing, he would simply have to find Mr.Whitemore himself and grind the answers out of him personally.

Huey pressed against the lever at his wrist and danced towards the growing ground, his wheelchair rattling from side to side as its treads ate the plants beneath it. For a gathering of great minds, you would think that someone would have replaced these docks with something more...accessible. The uneven plane and scattered robes had made navigation far more of a challenge than Huey would have liked to admit; beyond that, he feared for the security of such old, wooden supports standing in the belly of a heartless sea; in his time, he had seen sturdier supports lost to the deep, and he certainly didn't wish for a repeat of the Ground Zeroes Incident. Before he knew it, he was on concrete, and within earshot of the rest of S.E.A., or soon to be S.E.A. members.

"Er...You there!" Huey called out to Mirania and the mechanical man with a smile and a wave "I presume you're with S.E.A., too? I mean, you're wearing the badge?"
@Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow

Pausing in her look around, Mirania turned her head to Huey, smiling politely with a shake of her head. "I'm afraid I'm a new memeber of this...S.E.A organization myself." she answered, before greeting with, "I'm Mirania, mercenary and researcher."

"Seems to me that we're all people from other worlds." The woman that spoke was dressed in a full America get up with a shield by her side strode up to Shockwave and the Doctor. "The name's Captain America, and it seems we're all here for a little adventure."

@MelodyMeister @Raynar Saassin @Cromartous @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow

"Different worlds?" she questioned curiously. With all of these odd faces that seemed possible-especially with all these words thrown about that she didn't recognize. Stomach growling rather loudly, Mirania gave a small hum as she brought a hand to her chin. "Ah, that's right, I haven't eaten yet." she didn't remember the last time she ate, but in all honesty after a failed prison break involving having to fight different monsters in the catacombs it would make anyone with an appetite like her's hungry even hours later.

"The invitation is right here," Shockwave responds to Winston, showing him the paper. "How does a planet so primitive send paper-based mail directly onto a desk in my private laboratory, though? That is illogical."

He turns to the one who calls herself Captain America.

"Considering our various highly differing accounts, your explanation is somewhat logical. Most of you appear to be humans from different realities or eras," Shockwave's single eye turns to Ulfi, "speaking of different eras, you appear to be from an era more primitive than the majority of us."

@MelodyMeister @Raynar Saassin @Cromartous @Jeremi @Takumi @Donder172 @Crow @Yun Lee
"My name is Ulfi Blackthorn, I'm from Skyrim. Helgen to be precise." Ulfi said towards Shockwave. "I suppose the Dwemmer did not make you then." She added before she slowly moved her hands away from her sword.

Pausing in her look around, Mirania turned her head to Huey, smiling politely with a shake of her head. "I'm afraid I'm a new memeber of this...S.E.A organization myself." she answered, before greeting with, "I'm Mirania, mercenary and researcher."

"Different worlds?" she questioned curiously. With all of these odd faces that seemed possible-especially with all these words thrown about that she didn't recognize. Stomach growling rather loudly, Mirania gave a small hum as she brought a hand to her chin. "Ah, that's right, I haven't eaten yet." she didn't remember the last time she ate, but in all honesty after a failed prison break involving having to fight different monsters in the catacombs it would make anyone with an appetite like her's hungry even hours later.
"A mer-mercenary?" Huey squinted his left eye and let his jaw hang loose as if his mouth had slipped into standby midword. He was a little too familiar with the mercenary crowd; technically speaking, he had been one himself. Of course, he had been so unwittingly and unknowingly... or at least, that was the narrative he believed. Emmerich had come to find that retrospective had always come hand in hand with retcon; perhaps even his own memories were not to be trusted, especially when his own biases were concerned. Maybe keeping an open mind was the right move. "Really? I've had some... friends in that field in the past-" He seemed to lose his tongue in his own mouth in his hurry, and stumbled over the end of his sentence. Maybe it was a symptom of his old age? "-overseen some of that kind of work myself. Maybe our careers have overlapped? Where about do you activate?"
Prologue: Imagination is the essence of discovery.

In the world of Overwatch, there existed numerous scientific minds; one of them being a genetically modified gorilla by the name of Winston, was a brilliant scientist and a champion for humanity's potential. At his home of Watchpoint Gibraltar, Winston was at work.

gibraltar-screenshot-002.2qpm4-800x450.jpg

"Welcome back, Winston. Do I need to update your personal log?" "That won't be necessary Athena. I wasn't gone for that long, was I? Was just checking on Tracer." "A diagnostic on the Chrono-Accelerator you built for her?" "That, and I was checking on her. We have quite a lot of history together in Overwatch. I treat her as a close friend. Bring up the latest news on my computer." "Very well, Winston. Nothing new has occurred since your last query, a few new Overwatch agents have reported back confirming a mission success, and are awaiting assignments." "Good! Looks like my message really went through. Speaking of... Athena, I'm going to be absent for a while. A new place has caught my interest and I've been invited to join a group of similar talents." "Very well. I shall keep the area locked down in case of a Talon Attack. We wouldn't want a repeat of last time." "No... We wouldn't."

Once Winston left his home of Gibraltar, he checked the letter he received from an unknown source. "Hmm. Looks like a lovely little place. I should be able to set up a base here for when I need to do some research." That was when he glanced onto the picture once more and felt himself teleport to that very place! "Woah. Incredible. Someone managed to create a teleportation device inside of a simple letter. The power of science prevails once more. I must learn more about this technology."

That was when he noticed he wasn't alone there, others had appeared as well in different shapes and sizes and appearances, and thought to introduce himself.

350px-Winston-portrait.png

"(I made a Chrono Accelerator. I'm sure I can do this...) To all others invited--- No... To everyone who was invited, I am Winston! Haha! Obviously... Ahem. Hello. My name is Winston. It's a pleasure to meet everyone."

@Crow @MelodyMeister @Cromartous @Takumi @Yun Lee
"Incredible!" Hugh found himself locked in awe yet again, as his veiled eyes seemed to dance over every inch of the ape "It's some sort of... Intelligent Gorilla!" The minds that had gathered at the gate were truly astounding- first, it was Mr.Whitmore's teleporting pin badges, and now some bio-roboticist had brought with him an intelligent ape! The implications of such a discovery would be endless- it would change the way the community viewed evolution, and that would only be the tip of the iceberg! Engineering intelligence and sentience in animals... it would transform the very definition of human rights. Whatever world this 'Winston' had originated from, it was sure to be a paradise...

"A mer-mercenary?" Huey squinted his left eye and let his jaw hang loose as if his mouth had slipped into standby midword. He was a little too familiar with the mercenary crowd; technically speaking, he had been one himself. Of course, he had been so unwittingly and unknowingly... or at least, that was the narrative he believed. Emmerich had come to find that retrospective had always come hand in hand with retcon; perhaps even his own memories were not to be trusted, especially when his own biases were concerned. Maybe keeping an open mind was the right move. "Really? I've had some... friends in that field in the past-" He seemed to lose his tongue in his own mouth in his hurry, and stumbled over the end of his sentence. Maybe it was a symptom of his old age? "-overseen some of that kind of work myself. Maybe our careers have overlapped? Where about do you activate?"

"Incredible!" Hugh found himself locked in awe yet again, as his veiled eyes seemed to dance over every inch of the ape "It's some sort of... Intelligent Gorilla!" The minds that had gathered at the gate were truly astounding- first, it was Mr.Whitmore's teleporting pin badges, and now some bio-roboticist had brought with him an intelligent ape! The implications of such a discovery would be endless- it would change the way the community viewed evolution, and that would only be the tip of the iceberg! Engineering intelligence and sentience in animals... it would transform the very definition of human rights. Whatever world this 'Winston' had originated from, it was sure to be a paradise...

"Yes a mercenary. There are quite a few beasts around that my group gladly stop from attacking villages and such, plus it helps to be paid to at least have food in one's stomach. Unfortunately, my current mercenary work landed me and my group in the castle's dungeon." Mirania sighed. It was rather sad how Lady Calista couldn't do anything for their situation, poor girl. "What kind of mercenary work have you done, if you don't mind me asking?" she added, before her attention was taken to Winston, titling her head. "An intelligent Gorilla..." she echoed softly, impressed and curious, though not for long as her mind went to her stomach seconds later. Taking a moment she wondered if she could sniff out the kitchen. Deciding that she didn't have much to lose, she gave it a try.

@Yun Lee @Cromartous @Raynar Saassin

"Hey there!" A young preteen girl waved to those already gathered, running up to meet them.

87c4179b-dd4f-4f43-9940-771992cbb34a.jpg

"You guys got one of these cool pins too? This is soooo awesome! I've never traveled like this before...Teleporting with an Abra tends to make me kinda queasy. Oh, pfft, totally forgot to introduce myself there. I'm Leaf!" She looked over at the entryway, pointing to a sign. "Oh cool, is that a map?"

latest

"The letter didn't really tell us where to go, so...do we just kind of explore?"

@Takumi @Crow @Cromartous @Raynar Saassin @Jeremi @Lucky @Donder172 @MelodyMeister

"Yes a mercenary. There are quite a few beasts around that my group gladly stop from attacking villages and such, plus it helps to be paid to at least have food in one's stomach. Unfortunately, my current mercenary work landed me and my group in the castle's dungeon." Mirania sighed. It was rather sad how Lady Calista couldn't do anything for their situation, poor girl. "What kind of mercenary work have you done, if you don't mind me asking?" she added, before her attention was taken to Winston, titling her head. "An intelligent Gorilla..." she echoed softly, impressed and curious, though not for long as her mind went to her stomach seconds later. Taking a moment she wondered if she could sniff out the kitchen. Deciding that she didn't have much to lose, she gave it a try.

@Yun Lee @Cromartous @Raynar Saassin
"I-Err" Huey froze again, his brain a buffer. His work...was always a complicated topic; where to begin? How he joined MSF, only to see them go nuclear by his design? How he joined the Diamond Dogs, only to watch helplessly as they resorted to terror and cast him out as a traitor? How he had spent countless, blissful hours, slaving away in his laboratory with his R&D team, free from the commands of any institution. Working with the Mercenaries had truly made him a free man, albeit at the price of his conscience. "Me? Mainly R&D work and strategic command for a few Private Military Companies. I never really had the nerve for field work..." He ran a dry palm along his pant leg and dusting away the sandy air that had gathered along his chair. "Nor... did I really ever have the 'equipment' to run into battle" He let out a hollow laugh "Nice to see someone else who enjoys our line of work, and maybe someone more altruistic than the sorts I usually find myself working with. Where's your group now? Are they on deploy anywhere I might know?"

Back