Eyes

Saiko

AMerePoet
The sound of a grandfather clock rings the air as the time of midnight strikes. DONG! DONG! DONG! The noise woke me up with a start. I then chuckle. The thing always made me jump. I guess I am just a light sleeper. I was a little thirsty, so I crept over to the sink wearily, and filled a cup up with water. Drinking it, I noticed something to my left. Eyes like a candle's flame were glaring at me. My heart began to race as I dropped the glass in fear. It shattered, and I yelled in pain as I stumbled backwards. My foot landed on one of the shards. Whimpering in agony, I limped over to my light, and turned it on, looking back. Where the red eyes were, there were buttons. As the pain faded, I laughed little. They weren't eyes at all. I dressed my wound, cleaned up the mess, and went to the bed. The next morning, I was at the table, I sat down and saw two eggs on a plate. I guessed my brother had made them for me. I laughed a little. "Hey, these kind of look like eyes too." Then, an unknown voice whispered behind me, "Yes. My eyes."

Back