Ame Damnee Fairharvest Outskirts

Igneous - Fairharvest Outskirts

Without thought the fire faery reached out and scooped the girl into his arms and held her, “You did nothing wrong, Little Lisa,” He soothed her lightly as he petted her long blond hair. The male was aware how hot he could feel to the touch and hoped he didn’t make her uncomfortable but it broke his heart to see such an innocent being so torn up over the events of life.

“The ones who did wrong were those who burned down your home. I’m sure the forest doesn’t hate you. I’m sure it misses you,” He let her sit on his knee, “Don’t cry any more, Lisa.”

Lisa
Lisa allowed herself to be picked up by warm hands without a struggle feeling comfortable around Iggy after all the talking they had done, despite it not really having been too long. She sniffed back a few tears and gaving a shaky breath before trying to speak again. "I.. didn't mean to.." she mumbled, hugging the one named Iggy gently and resting her head on his shoulder. "I don't know what to do.. Everything is so different outside the forest.. The forst protected me, but out here I feel scared. I don't like the places without trees." She confessed, not quite crying, but her voice strangely distorted by sadness. "Lisa is so confused now.."

Iggy hummed in understanding. The small child fit against his chest in a way he imagined a child would to a father. It made him oddly protective over her as he listened to her words, “You don’t have to be scared of anything,” He told her. She reminded him a bit of a faery child too young to understand the world around them yet, “I won’t let anything scare you any more,” He promised without thought, “Let me keep you safe as your forest did. I’m sure you will find the world a vast and beautiful place.”

He rested a cheek on her head, “What you think? Stay with the faeries or with the humans?”

Lisa
"Mmm.." lisa hummed to his consoling words, a pleasant, soft sound, like the whisper of the wind whistling its content. "You, you are nicer than those people. I want to go with you." Lisa giggled, giving him a tight hug before scuttling off of him and back onto the ground. "You're very warm, like a 'fire' those humans have." She speculated carelessly, her eyes wide in a smile as she shuffled over and grabbed her large mushroom-like hat and patted it back onto her own head. "The forest is nicer than this 'world' you talk about, the forest is the best! Nowhere could compare! You should go visit it sometimes! Forest not always like visitors, but with me, it'll be fine with you." She suggested. "If I could find a way back, that is, but your 'world' first." Lisa finished, unknowing what precisely the word even meant.

Last edited:
Rennac Navarre - Fairharvest Outskirts

Rennac was unsure of just how much time had past while he sat under a tree waiting for Imogen and Cazimir. It felt like hours had passed and he was starting to think the girl had been lying to him, that she had copied the information from his mind and simply left, leaving him waiting here like a fool. If they didn't appear by nightfall, Rennac would simply move on without them. He certainly didn't need the child's help to find and kill Minerva, nor Navi, he merely wanted to end the constant pain that was waiting for his mission to be over.

His enhanced hearing had let him listen in on Iggy's conversation with the wild girl known as Lisa. He was surprised by how gentle Igneous was being with her, it was rare for his gentle side to be shown to anyone he had just met, yet this girl seemed to have melted his heart. It brought a smile to Ren's face, his heart had ached over the young one's tale as well and he had no problem letting the girl come along. He did wish Iggy would've consulted with him before making that decision though.

He took out Navi's necklace again, holding it softly in his palm as he gazed to it and towards the forest that these citizens of New Eden seemed to have come from. His heart ached, the adorable display that Iggy and Lisa were making made him want a family of his own, he needed Navi, he wanted to make a family with her. He put his free hand over his face and held back the tears that were threatening to spill from his face. He swore he wouldn't cry until he found her again, he wont break that oath now.

Iggy worried little about what Ren would think at first as he watched the girl pick up her hat. Her words were strange but he understood on some level that it was a result of having been in one place her entire life. He gave a happy sigh of content as he continued to listen to her. His mind drifted to Ren and the others. Where were they? He rubbed the back of his neck. I was always happier on the move. It left less time for him to wonder about the past and how it would work out for the future.

Imogen
Fairharvest Outskirts

The Fae appeared at the gates of Fairharvest, her hand entwined with Cazimir's; she stopped looking around the outskirts. It wasn't long before she noticed Rennac. The man was sitting under a tree, grasping the same necklace she has seen him grasp before. The feelings of sorrow emanating off of him; she was finding it difficult to ignore his feelings. Imogen could feel them more easily than she could feel the others. Is it because he's a Faery? Or is he just that sad?

The girl sighed, turned her head to smile at Cazimir and squeezed his hand lightly. "Thank you for coming with me. I wouldn't have the courage to do this without you." Imogen took the next minute to soak in his face; his golden eyes, his warm skin, his soft smile. "Shall we?" she asked as she took a step away from the gates and into the outskirts, her lightly pulling on Cazimir's in an attempt to ask him to follow.

@Revelree

He broke from his thoughts as the familiar sense of the faery girl he was waiting for entered his mind. He cursed under his breath, putting away the necklace. She probably felt the sorrow from my thoughts, I cant allow myself to be weak around her, she'll take advantage of it. He smoothed back his hair and stood up good and proper, recovering that knowledgeable air that he had surrounding him, and approached the couple meeting them halfway.

"Hello, Imogen and Cazimir. You took your time, which is understandable considering the circumstances. So, have you reached a decision on my proposal?" He was polite as always, but he knew that she'd be able to see the slight irritation in his soul that came from being forced to wait so long. He projected the thought that he wanted to be on good terms with them, despite the minor inconveniences.

Lisa
"I hear voices, guy." Lisa smiked up at her seemingly day-dreaming companion, the barely-audible voices of Imogen, Cazimir and Rennac drifting through the forest and would have been mistaken for nothing but the wind had Lisa not become so finely attuned to forest-life. "Somewhere that way." She continued, pointing in the vague direction of the trio, shuffling her way towards the sound, her soft and small frame stepping through the grass and creating barely a sound, her golden eyes watching her grey friend as she awaited for him to lead the way

The fire faery blinked then looked towards the voices as well then stood, “I suppose that would be the rest of our party,” He murmured to Lisa then held his hand out to her, “They won’t bite and if they did they would never do it again,” Iggy winked at her then lead the way to Rennac and the two new comer, “Ren are we going soon I think I’m getting allergies from being around so many humans.”

Igneous wasn’t known for complaining but he wanted to make clear he didn’t like humans and they weren’t welcome. Ren would likely realize this fact rather quickly. Pulling his hood on he glanced down at Lisa and gave a soft smile, “Let’s go, squirrel, it’ll be easier to keep up if you let me carry you,” He crouched and held out his arms to her.

Cazimir Heskel
Fairharvest Outskirts

"Hello, Imogen and Cazimir. You took your time, which is understandable considering the circumstances. So, have you reached a decision on my proposal?" the man asked as the approached, as Cazimir sized him up once again, a little more cautiously this time. The last time they had encountered each other, he was still weak from his over exertion at the Kryamn. He still didn't trust his man, he really does seem very fishy, especially with the conversation he had with Imo, as he had seen from her memories. But then again, it's true, he's the only lead they had at the moment about Imo's origins.

Cazimir simply glanced at Imogen, waiting for her response, squeezing her hand affectionately. Even without words, he wanted to show her that whatever her decision may be, he'll be on her side. To support her, just as she had supported him. Always.

Imogen
Fairharvest Outskirts

Imogen stopped just short of Rennac as he met them halfway, announcing that he had been waiting. She felt the squeeze of Cazimir's hand against hers; a sign of affectionate support. She wanted to smile at the gesture but the Fae knew she would have to stay strong when facing this man, the man who made contracts, who made deals; Rennac. The Fae's expression hardened somewhat, though it was not one of hostility but one of assertiveness and certainty. Her hand dropped from Cazimir's as she took a step toward her fellow Fae. "I'll help you with your mission but I am doing it out of my own free will. I will not sign your contract," she stated. "I trust that you will uphold your end of this bargain by giving your word as I am giving you mine, however..." she paused, thinking about what she was about to say next. Imogen had never been the aggressive type nor had she ever threatened another person. She did not want her statement to come across as hostile but she wanted the man to know just how serious she was and how important giving her his word would be. "If you don't I will take all of your memories for myself and then I won't need you anymore."

Imogen outstretched her hand to complete the deal. She knew the man's magic lied in writing contracts for other people to sign but this was her way of creating a different contract; one in which the two of them were not bound by a piece of paper. "Do we have a deal?"

Rennac burst out into laughter, it was bitter and it was condescending but the tiny Fae's words were truly hilarious to the Djinn regardless. He adjusted his glasses before regarding her again. "Such arrogance from a child who recognizes her own ignorance. You are truly deserving of your name if you speak so condescendingly of things you don't truly understand." He brought out the contract once more. "But I shall give you one last lesson for free, since I'm feeling generous. There are different types of faeries, and I'm what's known as a Djinn. Our contracts are no mere pieces of paper, they are imbued with magic that ensures both parties either uphold their end of the deal or suffer for their betrayal. Your hand is worthless, this is the only true way to ensure my trust of you."

He evaporated the contract and turned his back on the couple. "Go ahead and try to take the information. If you truly could, you'd have done it the instant I mentioned my knowledge of the Fae. Regardless, if you wont sign the contract, then we have nothing further to discuss. Farewell, Imogen." With that he started to depart to where Igneous was, his disgust for the stupid girl all but assured in his mind.

Last edited:
Cazimir Heskel
Fairharvest Outskirts

Cazimir watched the scene unfold, Imogen's refusal... the faerie's (or djinn as he called himself) confidence. He felt disappointed. Yes, he would never, ever, let Imogen sign such shady contracts. If there's anything he knew about agreements, it's that the one making it can so easily create loopholes that aren't visible in plain sight, and the fact that both of them are unfamiliar with this kind of magic made it all the more dangerous as far as he was concerned.

But then he remembered her thoughts from earlier. The sorrow in her mind. Is that all I truly need? The identity that I've forged all by myself... I know he's right, he's so smart but I have to know. She was desperate to know her place in the world. Just like Cazimir was before he met Xena. Besides... it was not something that concerns only Imo. While he was not as desperate to find out the origins of his mother, now that the answer is so close, it felt right to consider learning about it, if only to honor her memory. And maybe, just maybe, he'll find answers to the question he has been asking himself for centuries: Why am I cursed? What happened? Why me? The contract evaporated on Rennac's hands as he bid farewell, starting to depart with his partner. Cazimir bit his lip as he considered the situation. No, Imogen signing the contract is out of the question, so that only leaves one other option.

He suddenly turned towards the direction of the djinn. "Rennac." he muttered, calling out for him, his voice firm and steady, confident. "Tell me your terms."

Last edited:

He heard the voice of Imogen's lover ring out from behind him and stopped in his tracks, a smile forming at his lips as his strategy paid off. "Well, it seems I've found the reasonable one in this relationship." He recreated the contract in his hand and tossed it to Cazimir to review. "My terms are simple, you will help me find the faery, Minerva Rissaih, and I shall answer all of your questions about the Fae that I know the answer to. Take as long as you like to review the contract, there's no fine print to review, and I've accounted for the possibility of Minerva dying before we find her. Should that happen, I will still need to uphold my end of the bargain. The punishment for either of us breaking the contract is irreversible blindness, which in comparison to other contracts I've made is a fairly tame punishment. I need your signature in blood and I shall sign with mine in turn. Why our blood is needed is a question I still don't have the answer to. What do you say, Cazimir? Do you accept my terms?"

Cazimir Heskel
Fairharvest Outskirts

"Minerva Rissaih? The Minerva Rissaih?" Cazimir's expression morphed from surprise, to disbelief, until he was holding his stomach and laughing hard at the fate that had brought him to this point. "That woman really had a lot of enemies, huh. I shouldn't be surprised." He took a deep breath and glanced at Imogen. He would do anything for her. This contract will make him a traitor to the Underground, the home he had for years. But then again, he had a feeling he'd already found a new home in her.

He stared back at Rennac with a grin. "Find her? No need. I know exactly where she is, and I could take you there. This contract seems fairly reasonable." He gave Imo a reassuring smile as he raised his hand and a dagger made of ice formed from the moisture in the air. Unceremoniously, he made a shallow cut on his arm, letting the wound bleed. "Where do I sign?"

Rennac's smile grew wide as Cazimir spoke, finally his search would come to an end, finally he'd be able to reunite with Navyra, after all these years. He was ecstatic inside, but kept his exterior calm and collected. "Well then this should be an easy contract for you. There's a dotted line at the bottom of the contract. You'll find my signature there already, the magic has managed to copy my signature onto every contract I make. Don't ask me why, I haven't deciphered that one at this time."

He could feel a slight tingle in the back of his neck. The tie that held his contract to kill Minerva intact was slowly starting to come undone. The woman was in danger, gravely wounded. He thought about bringing this up to Cazimir, but he figured that his prey would be able to survive. He need only inform him of when she dies.

Cazimir Heskel
Fairharvest Outskirts

Cazimir's expression became more serious as he read the contract. One cannot be too careful. When he decided there were no loopholes or hidden terms that the djinn had set up to trick them. It seems, however, that everything is the way it should be. Without hesitation, Cazimir signed the document in blood, giving Rennac a look. "In return, you have to tell us everything you know about the Fae." His thoughts drifted to his mother, the birthmarks, Imo's past... he was determined to squeeze answers from this guy. "Everything."

He turned around into the direction of the Kryamn forest. "Minerva Rissaih is currently in New Eden, leading the Underground Society, located underneath the city in an elaborate system of tunnels. I am actually one of her subordinates, a pretty high ranking at that, and if it comes to it, I can guide you safely through the place. That is, assuming Minerva hasn't done something big in the absence of the wardens and ethereal."

The contract was set in place and he felt the tether bind the souls of Cazimir and himself together. "We are bound by the contract now, until our respective deals are complete, are souls shall be bound togeth-" He was cut off by the snap of the binding that held his contract to kill Minerva in place. The tie that held his and Caz's souls together had loosened on his end, relaying that his portion has been voided. The woman was dead, Minerva Rissaih had passe, and now he was bound to a contract that only benefitted Cazimir.

He let out a laugh, a hollow laugh that told how broken the man had truly become. "The fates must loath my very existence. Not even two minutes after you've signed that contract, Minerva winds up getting herself killed, and now I'm stuck with you two until I've told you every bit of knowledge on the fae that I possess. Fear not, I shall uphold my end of the deal, as I do not wish to go blind, but you, you've got nothing left to fear."

Brutus Magnolia - Entering the Fairharvest Outskirts

He'd followed his lover out of the town, on the hunt for supplies, he was worried about her, that much was clear. He wanted to find some answers and decided to just come out and ask her. "You ok, Rhia? The last time I saw your hunger return so suddenly was during the undead attack in New Eden, but before that we seemed to have a good grasp on how many animals you needed to feed off of. Do you think something might have happened?"

Rhiannon - Outskirts, Fairharvest

The vampire was surprised to have herself stopped by a hand as she stood, "Brutus?" She smiled softly to him, "I'm not sure what it is myself but I must gain control. I will figure out what is wrong with me any way I can possibly can." Cupping his cheek in her hands she kissed him, "For now I'll stick to what I know."

Back