Ame Damnee FairHarvest

Oliver agreed that if anything was coming it'd be here already. "Hopefully they know my father's whereabouts....I've never seen him before so I don't know how to describe him to them. All I know about him is his name and that he is a wood elf," Oliver said worriedly. He called for Felix to come back. Shortly after Felix came around the corner looking kind of hungry.

They gathered to eat, Toby grabbed a small loaf of bread and continued to walk around looking. He found a rack filled with scrolls. Most of them were destroyed, but he found a few that were intact enough for him to unroll. After a few with nothing exciting he found one that was really useful.

"Ah ha! Hey Oliver! I think I just found a map to this place..." Toby said bring it back and unrolling it before both of them on the floor. Scarfing the last of his bread.

[GALLERY=media, 174]Map by Joshua Raxter posted Feb 17, 2017 at 1:11 AM[/GALLERY]

"It looks like we are here." Toby said pointing to the left side of the map. Looking at the map Toby sucked on his lip. "It looks like we missed a room in that hallway. There's one marked here but I didn't see another door...How are you at finding secret doors?"

Oliver looked at the map as he ate, careful to keep from getting any on it. "I can find it, but opening it may be a hassle," Oliver said as he studied the location. He then head for the location that was on the map. As he neared the location put his ear up to wall and tapped the wall with the but end of his knife. At first the wall sounded solid as he tapped it with the knife then about three steps into it he tapped the wall and heard a hollow sound and started searching for a way to open it. "Found the spot," Oliver mentioned to Toby as probed the wall.

"Ah ha! Hollow spot..." Toby said listening to Oliver's tapping..."Now just how do we open the stupid thing?" Toby asked.

"What do you think Oliver....should keep looking around and see if we find a switch of some kind? Or should I break the wall, which has its own consequences." Toby asked feeling over the wall with his hands.

Oliver thought about it for a minute then said, "if we break it, there's possiblity the roof could collapse, and I'd rather avoid that". Oliver went back to where he first heard the hollow sound and marked it then continued tapping as he went until it went solid again and marked the spot. " The switch if it is a push in kind will be between these marks any other kind would be on either side or on the ground in front of this," Oliver said.

"Ahh....okay." Toby said rubbing the wall down with his hands. Not finding anything I smack the wall. "Well damn..."

The sound of moving stone erupts from the wall and We watch Oliver's markings slowly sink into the floor. "You hit something?" Toby asked.

Oliver played by Draco
Ruins, Oblitus
As Oliver felt the wall for the switch he felt the ground and wall start to tremble and then wall started sinking down into the ground. He then heard Toby's question. "No, I hadn't found anything yet. Was that you then? Maybe when you hit the wall you may have triggered the mechanism."

As the wall disappears into the ground there was a loud thud and the wall stopped three quarters open at about chest level. "Well it looks like we'll have to climb over the rest. Felix do you think you can clear this?" Felix looked around and saw a pile of rubble not far from the wall and ran for it and used it to springboard over the wall.

"I guess that is a yes"

Last edited:
Oliver played by Draco
Ruins, Oblitus
After Felix was over the wall Oliver climbed the rubble and started to climb the wall. As he was climbing he heard a click a the wall jolted a little and he fell over the other side and just as he hit the ground the wall sprang back up and crumbled apart as it hit the ceiling. As Oliver got up the rubble from the wall showered him. Luckily he avoided the big pieces that barely missed him. When the stone shower ceased he looked to check to see if both Felix and Toby were alright. As he looked at Felix he saw a little red patch of fur around hi upper hind leg on his left side as he checked it and saw it was only a minor injury and packed the wound and wrapped it. He then went in search of Toby.

Toby played by Josh Raxter

Tody layed there with a good chunk of the wall on top of him. He didn't think he broke anything, just now slightly pinned under the chunk. His head sat in a little air pocket on the wall so he called out. "Oliver! You okay?"

Oliver played by Draco
Ruins, Oblitus
After traversing halfway around the rubble searching for Toby, he heard him call out. "I'm fine....What about you," Oliver called out. He followed the voice to where he heard it come from. As Oliver rounded the piece of rubble he saw Toby's head poking out of the rubble. Oliver started lifting the pieces of stone and fragments from the rubble that he could lift. After about two minutes he finishes removing the rubble and asked Toby as he held his hand out to him, "do you think you can stand?"

Toby played by Josh Raxter

"I think so...though that was about as fun as swallowing ogre spit..." I say getting up with Oliver's help. Testing each leg finding both to be still functional, I look back to to Oliver. "I just hope there's something good in there after all that mess...." I moan.

I dust myself off making sure I have all of my gear. "Shall we see if it was or not?" I ask looking up at Oliver.

"That's good...I was able to escape with just a few scrapes and Felix got a minor leg injury" Oliver replied after helping Toby up. "After all this I sure hope it is worth it. Lets see what's in here," Oliver said as he stepped forward with a slight limp.

As he made his way forward he noticed that he saw no dust in this room unlike all the others even with the slight cave in. "That's odd," Oliver said to himself forcing himself to be on alert, for this didn't seem like a normal room. As he got to the end of the room he saw what looked like a shrine made of clockwork with heavily locked chest in the middle that was also made of clockwork. Oliver decided to examine the chest for he had never seen one like it before and noticed there were three levers with positions marked one to four that had mechanisms that led to the chest. "Looks like we have to solve a puzzle to open it," Oliver said to Toby

"Aw hell...Alright." Toby said walking up behind him. "I have seen some gears like that but never all put together..."

Toby knelled next to Oliver and did his own inspection. "I would guess that if we put these in the wrong order that something nasty is going to happen...just a guess seeing that there's no dust or anything...which is strange."

"So I guess we need to be careful about this. I wonder what could be in there that is this important," said Oliver as he studied the room to see if there are any hints. On the wall in front of the chest he saw a painting in the painting he sees the book that he found interest in while in the library that was too hot to touch for him. Under the book in the painting he saw an inscription he couldn't read but to him looked like it could be instructions. "Hey, Toby can you read what that says. I think it may be a clue," asked Oliver as he nudged Toby on the shoulder, "I think it may have something to do with that book though"

Toby reached into his bag and pulled out the special bag that held the enchanted book. He carefully slid the top of the book out of the bag, careful not to touch the book itself. on the cover were three circles. The first had a notch in the top, the second in the bottom, and the third back up at the top.

"You see that? That could the solution....but since i'm a tad bit more durable than you are." Toby said putting everything back in place and handed Oliver his bag. "Why don't you go back around the corner and I'll try it...If I get killed take this to the Wardens..." Toby said cracking his knuckles and looking at Oliver waiting for him to get clear.

Oliver took the bag Toby handed to me and said, "good luck," as he turned to head for the corner. When Oliver reached the corner the thought struck him that he had no idea where to find the Wardens if anything happened, so he turned and asked Toby, "in worst case scenario, where could I find the Wardens," as backed around the corner almost tripping over Felix.

Toby looked back over his shoulder. "They are in New Eden...just ask around you'll find them..."

Toby sucked in a big breath..."Here we go..."

Toby quickly switched the first lever up the middle one down and the right one up. I roll away as far from the chest as I can get but still in the same room. Nothing happens...

Suddenly all of the gears and cogs start to move. I bunch up against the wall covering my head with my hands. Hearing all of the mechanisms.

After a short time they stop...Not quite trusting the room I peek out over my arm. The only change is that the chest is now open...

Standing after looking around for a bit waiting for something nasty to show its head. Toby walks slowly to the chest and peers in.

The inside of the chest is relatively bare, except a small box and a thick book. Taking out his knife he tests both objects but no heat comes to his blade. Carefully picking up the small box and looking it over. it was made out of solid mahogonny cut from a single piece and quite old, though showed no signs of damage. Smelling the box, he had to forcefully expel the smell from his nose...it was far older than he originally thought.

"Hey Oliver....it's safe you should come see this..." Toby calls towards the hallway.

Not waiting for his companion Toby opens the box to reveal a small light grey pearl. It almost looked like clouds moved beneath its surface. Reaching into the small box carefully Toby picks up the small orb.

Toby's eyes cloud over as winds pick up in the room. Toby begins to rise off the ground as the wind currents lift him off the stone floor. Surprised Toby drops the box....jutting his hand out to catch it the box stops mid drop and stays suspended long enough for him to hover over to it. Grabbing it he hurridly places the orb back into the box. Toby drops to the floor as the winds stop abruptly.

Shaking his head Toby exclaims..."The last thing the world needs is a flying bear...!"

Reaching back into the chest Toby grabs the book. Placing the orb box on top of the chest Toby opens the book to a random page. It shows a detailed schematic of the locking chest before him. How to make the gears...assembly...and everything for creating another puzzle combination chest such as this...

Looking up as Oliver enters the room, Toby gestures at the chest. "We guessed right...It looks like there's a book on how to make all these gear things and plenty more...and this..." Toby grabbed the small box and held it out to Oliver. "It has a small orb in it that gives the holder the power to control winds....and even to fly I think...But I do not believe the world needs a flying bear, i'm more useful on the ground. if you don't mind I'll take the book and you can have the orb...Though I do want the wood box it's in."

When Oliver heard the all clear he walked around the corner just in time to see Toby drop down to floor from somewhere in the air and an image popped up in his head of a bear flying around and he busted out laughing. "Sorry, didn't mean to laugh at you but an image of a flying bear just popped into my head," Oliver said as he walked up to Toby, "and I agree we don't need a flying bear".

He reached out and picked up the box and opened it to see a light grey orb that looked as if a wind softly blew underneath the surface. As he looked at the orb he instantly felt a pull from somewhere he couldn't even begin to describe like he was meant to have the mysterious object. Closing his eyes Oliver slowly removed the orb from the box cleared all thoughts out of his head.

As Oliver held the orb a gentle breeze tickled his skin urging him to make use of it. Cautiously Oliver decided to command the orb to slowly lift him up. Almost immediately the feeling of the ground beneath his feet disappeared. Slowly opening his eyes Oliver saw he was levitating in the air. Not being used to flying all sorts of thoughts started to rush into his head and his concentration broke and he to the ground. Just before he hit the ground Oliver unconsciously blast a short gust of wind into the ground breaking his fall.

"It will take some getting used to but I think with some time I may be able to master this," Oliver exclaimed. "Yeah, you should have the book, being the crafty one here." Remembering that Toby wanted the box the orb came in Oliver set his bag down a dug out some string, chains, and a clip and proceeded to assemble a necklace. After the necklace was assembled Oliver hung it around his neck and tucked it inside his shirt. He then handed the empty wooden box to Toby.

"I think i will stick with my work book thank you....you can have it..." Toby says shivvering at the sudden breeze in the room.

"Shall we check the rest of this place, we still need to find an exit..." Toby asked....Looking around he noticed something missing...."Hey Oliver....where's Felix?"

Back