Ame Damnee FairHarvest

Looking around after the mention of Felix, Oliver noticed that Felix wasn't in the room just as Toby said. "Felix, where'd you go," Oliver yelled. After a moment Felix returned and nudged Oliver and motioned for them to follow. "It looks like he wants us to follow," Oliver said to Toby. "Maybe he found an exit out of here."

Toby smiles as the dog comes back around the corner. "Thought we lost him there for a second..." Toby listened as Oliver said we should follow..."Do we need weapons out? Your the translator..."

"Is there any danger ahead," Oliver asked Felix. The wolf responded by briefly raising the fur on his back and growling in the direction he returned from then he wined softly with a sense of yearning. "He says there is something very dangerous ahead but after that he smelled a fresh breeze," Oliver said in thought. "What could still be here that would be dangerous," he wondered out loud.

"I wouldn't have any idea...every once in a while you find a zombie or two....but nothing even Felix here couldn't handle....Maybe we should take caution..." Toby said pulling his hammer out of its back harness. "Lead the way..."

Oliver unslung his bow and knocked an arrow and followed Felix out of the room. After a few minutes they came to a very wide room that was square in shape. On the other side of the room to the left was stairway leading up. As he inspected the room movement caught his eye on the right side of the room. There was a colossal mechanical creature slowly roaming the room. The creature looked to be made up of clockwork and also looked as if it could move faster than it was, and carried giant broadsword in one hand and a buckler in its other hand. Oliver had the feeling that he was going to definitely need his newfound power for this foe. Closing his eyes his checked to see if he could tap into the power of the orb without holding it or if he would have to take it off the necklace in order to use it. He sensed the power there and was relieved that he could use it without taking it off.

Toby leaned close to Oliver..."That looks like it's going to be fun..." Toby whispered sarcastically....

"I don't know how strong that thing is but let me get close and you can handle yourself i'm sure...but this might be a bit much for Felix...but you know him best. I'm going to wait til he faces the other way and then rush him. Hopefully catch him off guard. Felix get's a steak from me tonight if we get through this for the warning..." Toby whispered close to Oliver's ear.

Slowly stepping out from the door way Toby hammer in hand slid across the walls towards the mechanical beast. Not being able to watch Oliver at the same time but trusting his new ally to handle himself. Toby waited until the beast was walking the other way before quickly and silently stepping out of the shadows and slamming his hammer square across the back of a "knee."

The mechanical monster turned the top half of its body and bashed Toby square in the chest with his buckler, sending the bear man into the wall hard. With the wind knocked out of him Toby barely dodged the sword as it scored the wall where he just rolled away from...Toby rolled away and leaped with a growl towards the taller construct. Dodging the sword coming in to bash the metal creature across the head, the thing's head slid down its chest making Toby's hammer glance off the tough shoulder plates of the thing.

"Your a slippery Bastard..." Toby taunted falling with a roll behind it. Aiming for the feet again trying to at least immobilize the double door wide creature construct, Toby swung at the gears that made up its ankle and foot. A loud *Clang* rang out as the hammer hit bending a gear in its ankle before the construct punted the bear man across the floor skidding into the wall by the exit. Only for a heartbeat did the thought of hauling up the stairs pass through his mind as he shifted to bear form. Hoping that claws were more suited to pull gears away then simple blunt force trauma.

"It's protecting its head Oliver..." Toby growled before changing hoping he could take some pop shots faster than it could move its head around. And if Oliver got some arrows to stick Toby would have some extra leverage to help pry some of the gears out.

Turning to Felix, Oliver motioned for him to stay. With the condition he was in the wolf wouldn't really be any help. He stepped out into the room and circled the creature to the right hoping to get a better position. Oliver watched for a second studying the giant construct. Being made completely of metal Oliver knew arrows wouldn't do much in the way of damage to the creature.

He winced as he saw Toby hit the wall. That brought him back to the situation at hand though and instead of thinking about hurting it he started thinking about ways he could hinder it so that Toby could bring it down. Oliver fired a few arrows at the elbows and knees hoping that some would stick. One arrow stuck in the gears in the hand that held the buckler and another stuck in a gear around hips so the creature could no longer turn the top half without the bottom half.

As Toby changed forms he heard him mention that it was protecting its head. Taking that to mind Oliver ran around the creature hoping to get a good angle to shoot at it. He got of a shot that looked like it would hit but the creature deflected it with its buckler and the arrow stuck into the collar of the giant. The giant then took notice of Oliver and swung it's sword in a side swipe toward Oliver. Oliver's only hope to dodge the sword was to draw on the power of the orb. He commanded the winds to lift him up and he soared into the air over the sword as it passed underneath him only to be knocked out of the air by the shield. As Oliver hit the wall the creature brought the sword back in and his world turned red and he cried out in pain as his right arm was severed from his body.

When he hit the ground Oliver let out gasp of pain. He felt his conscience fading. Before he blacked out he saw an opening and fired the strongest blast of wind he could muster at the creature and metal exploded from the side the creatures neck as the wind hit it. "I leave the rest to you," Oliver mumbled as the world went black. Felix seeing Oliver motionless on the ground heads towards him and nudges him. Not getting any response from him Felix started dragging Oliver towards safety.

Last edited:
Toby hit the wall in bear form as Oliver waded in...Toby was shaking his head trying to clear it as the metal monster severed Oliver's arm...

Toby growled loud enough for the construct to turn away from the collapsed Oliver. With a roar Toby ran across the room leaping mid-stride landing on the chest of the metal monster standing on the arrow left in the creature's collar bone. using it to raise the metal head up off of its mechanics. Bending down, Toby shoved his snout in between the head and the body biting as much as he could, Flinching as the metal buckler bashed into Toby's ribs. Growling into the crease of the creature using paws and mouth to finally pry off the metal head.

Toby switched from bear form as he hit the ground. Standing with a limp taking out his hammer. Reaching up and bringing the head of his hammer down on the separated head breaking it into several violent flying pieces.....

Limping over to Oliver, pulling his medical kit out of his back and dropping his hammer to the floor.

"Hang on Oliver...I'm going to fix you back up...good thing your knocked out, cause this is going to hurt...." Toby said Looking over at Felix..."I'm gonna try and save him, buddy. I don't know if you can understand me out of bear form but....I need some cloth, go find some if you can while I get him to hopefully stop bleeding...." Toby said looking through his bag.

Felix wined a little truly hoping his friend would be ok. The wolf walk to Oliver's side and pulled at the bag till it came out from under him and proceeded to dump the contents on the ground. In the pile there was herbs used to make poultices, cloth, a needle and various other medical tools. There was also a few crafting tools and bits for arrows. Felix nudged the roll of cloth to Toby and picked up the bag of herbs and brought that to him as well. He then laid down and watched as Toby went to work.

"Ooooo....he's got the good stuff...Thanks Felix...let's get Oliver settled shall we?" Pulling Oliver to sit up against the wall and binding his missing arm stump as tight as he could with the cloth to stop the bleeding, Toby looked through the herbs in Oliver's bag. Being part bear Toby knew of most of the herbs being natural healers and different things. Pulling my own mortal and pestle I grind some of the herbs into a paste before peeling the red stained cloth away and smearing the paste onto the stump, before replacing the cloth...

"Good thing your a vampire my friend...But I don't think even you can regrow an arm..." A thought slammed into my brain and I start frantically rummaging through my bad. "Felix make sure he doesn't fall over...And keep an eye out. I have to go do some work....I think..." I say flipping through the clockwork manual we found earlier...what felt like days ago.

Finding the chapter I needed I got up and ran back to the forge room we found. Now knowing why all the barrels of gears and cogs were in there I got to work. Stoking the ancient forge back into life took some time and so did the fabrication of a very rudimentary arm. But running back to the guarding Felix, I plopped the book down and started to connect metal to flesh. Oliver was still breathing but shallow. "Hopefully this will work...So he can at least shoot a bow still on the way back to my house....where I can make a better one...Keep watch Felix this will take a bit. I just hope I grabbed enough stuff to make a better one later...But at least I know where to come get some more."

Felix sat and watched as Toby ran off frantically in the direction they had just come from. The wolf laid next to Oliver worriedly licking him every so often. After a while Toby returned with what looked like to him a mechanical arm. He watched as Toby hurriedly put the book down and started attaching the mechanical arm. When he was done Felix got up and walked over and licked Oliver on the face.

Oliver woke to the insistent licking from Felix. He rubbed Felix on the head and lightly pushed him away. After a brief memory of what happened he started to panic. He felt an empty painful weight where his arm used to be. As he looked at the stump he saw a metal clockwork arm where his real one used to be.

"Okay before you flip out...I had to do this for several reasons...One: I didn't think even vampires can regrow limbs...And Two: I had to stop the bleeding somehow. I know you heal quicker than normal, and that's what saved you but....well. I just hope this works." Toby said nervously. "If I do this right...You should still be able to shoot your bow...after I make a better one, but I have to get you back to my house first..."

Toby sat back down on his rump with a huge sigh. "You should be able to move it at least if I did it right. I know it's not the greatest, but I'll fix that..."

As Toby explained Oliver calmed down a little but remained a little shaken. He got up and moved the new arm around a little to make sure everything worked right and to check its reflexes. He then picked up his bow and checked to make sure the draw strength still felt good and noted he might need to change the draw weight of his bow when he got the permanent arm. "Do you think when you make the final arm that my draw strength would be the same as it is now," Oliver asked Toby, "If it is I'm going to need to either make a new bow or make some adjustments to this one."

Toby watch Oliver pull back his bow.."With this I can make you as strong as me...maybe even stronger on that one arm...I have some things that I can build it with...and I can always come back here and get more if need be." Toby explained getting up off the floor. "It wasn't much, but it kept you from bleeding out..."

"I don't really want to change the strength of my arm from it's previous strength cause then it'd be unbalanced," Oliver said after thinking it through a little, "though I wouldn't mind if you increased the reflexes and potential speed it can move at." Oliver turned towards the stair and started walking towards them with Felix not far behind, "let's get out of here though...we can talk about it on the way there."

"Sounds great to me..." Toby said collecting his now gear weighed down bag. Following Oliver to the top they emerged back in a darker part of the forest. It took Toby a minute or so to sniff out where they popped out at. Not real far from the entrance but if those undead wolves were still there, they would have to go around. "We're not too far from my house, it will take some time but hopefully we don't run into too much more." Toby said pointing West.

Oliver looked around and said, "there's no fog anywhere anymore and the ominous feeling is gone....something tells me we won't see anymore undead wolves again." Oliver looked in the direction Toby pointed and saw it looked vaguely familiar but couldn't seem to be able to put a finger on why it did but he got a vague feeling of deja vu. " I feel like I've been here before but I don't remember coming here."

Felix padded along not really paying much attention to the two as he sniffed the ground. The wolf caught a scent that smelled like people....a lot of people to be exact. A group of people had passed through here recently, maybe a day ago. Felix returned to the two and passed along the info.

"Felix says that a group of people passed through here recently...probably a day ago," Oliver said relaying the message to Toby.

Toby looked around. "I think your right Oliver...it doesn't seem as...creepy out here. Can Felix tell how many people were in the group?" Toby asked looking at Oliver..."We should get back to my workshop so I can get that arm looked at better..."

Toby pointed off in the direction of FairHarvest. "It should only take an hour or so..." Toby said readjusting his bag on his shoulder.

Oliver asked the wolf how many people were in the group and the wolf wined in a almost talking kind of wine Oliver looked back at Toby and said "He doesn't know the exact number but it is a large group of about ten to fifteen, maybe more, and it's heading in that direction," pointing in the direction that Toby had just pointed. He agreed though that his arm should get some better work done to it before they did anything else. "Ok, you lead the way since I've never been there before," Oliver said

Imogen
Fairhavest

Imogen walked into the town of Fairhavest, stopping as she passed through the wooden trunk wall and looked around with curiousity. Where are all the people? And there's not that many houses... the roads are made of dirt. Just what kind of a town is this? The Fae soaked in her surroundings, what little of them there were until she spotted a building in the center of the town with a sign hanging out front that had the word "Inn" painted on it. She smiled and headed toward the building.

The Fae walked through the doors and from behind the counter a man turned and looked at her. His facial expression was rather blank and he had to rub his eyes a few times before he finally spoke, "are you actually a customer?" the innkeeper asked in astonishment. Imogen cocked her head to the side in wonderment, had she woken the man from a nap? The girl walked up to the counter, wearing her usual cheerful smile. "I guess I am, sir! I'm wondering if you have a-" Imogen stopped, wondering if she should ask for one room or two. The thought of how Cazimir fumbled at introducing her made her think that she should ask for two but the idea of him spending the night with her in a room alone made the butterflies in stomach dance. She could feel her heart skipping a beat and her face was beginning to feel hot but she was quickly torn out of her trance by the innkeeper tapping her on the shoulder.

"Are you OK miss? You spaced out there for a moment. Do you want a room or not?" he asked, obviously annoyed with her childish antics. Imogen laughed nervously at the man for catching her in such an embarrassing state, "Yes, one, please. Also, is there a place I can get a hot meal or two?"

The innkeeper cocked his eyebrow at her question, "I guess I could sell you a meal or two. I'll have them in your room for you later on." Imogen smiled at the man's offer and she agreed to it happily. After she paid him she left the inn and looked around, a bit unsure of what to do in that moment. She was going to go back and find Cazimir to let him know that she had found a place to stay but she knew there was a much easier way of doing that now that they were mentally linked. Caz. The Fae thought, elongating the "a" in his name. I got us a room and something to eat! There's a small inn in the center of this weird town... but if you would prefer to stay outside with a fire I'm OK with that too. Should I come back out?

@Revelree

Back