Fantasy Lovers

Shadow Pyre

Who here likes fantasy? Magic. Dragons. Even orcs? Well, you have come to the right place. I am a true lover of fantasy.

Yeah, it can be. Creating rules for magic and stuff is also really difficult, and if your thing is high fantasy things get REALLY complicated.

Honestly, when I make fantasy rps, I have the easiest time with the rules on magic. Then again, I don't really set it up like one would an rpg.

I like fantasy too, it's always fun to come up with different races and worlds. In one of my worlds I created another word for magic, not everyone had it too.

I enjoy fantasy. I find it a lot more fun to write than to read though, since most fantasy stories move along quite slowly *cough*LOTR*cough* but it's definitely one of my favorite genres

Fantasy always has and always will be my favorite genre above all else. However, creating big worlds like the ones you see in fantasy is definitely quite a challenge. I can't help but look at Tales or Dark Souls Series or any other series and wonder how they do it.

I love fantasy! Skyrim and Amy of the elder scrolls games are huge inspirations to draw from. FUS ROH THOR

Fantasy is such a broad and free-range genre, and is, by far, my favorite topic to work under! There's just so much to work with, and while coming up with a set storyline can be challenging, I believe that's where the creative brainstorming is at its best!

Fantasy is one of my loves in the world. I have a story I'm writing which works of a magic system that limits the majority of spells to silent, elemental magic with blood magic allowing one to incredibly unique and powerful feats, but at the price of putting your immortal soul slowly and inexorably to the torch. The only other way to do other forms of magic, barriers, mind-reading, etc. is to writing runes in the ancient language of the deities. It's a language that has be translated into the common speech, but no one actually knows how to speak it. The reason it has been able to be translated through trial and error. Sort of "oh, this run causes the fireball to dissipate when it approaches, it must mean 'disspell magic'."

I love fantasy. That's a really cool concept, Shadras. Probably truer to the way an ancient language would really be known, too, rather than being miraculously preserved.

I loveeee the fantasy; especially final fantasy style huge fan if youre looking for a fellow fantastical roleplayer hit me up!!

I am a huge fan of fantasy! It affords a lot of freedom and creativity, whether the inspiration is from a book, movie or original ideas.

Fantasy is amazing. I love it. Do any of you have any preferences? Does it have to medieval fantasy or do you accept urban fantasy as well? Think Lord of the Rings versus Harry Potter.

For me, I both. Bot I'd say after growing up more, I tend to lean less towards medieval stuff. Maybe not quite as modern still, but definitely no longer in time lines that aren't wrapped up around kings and knights and castles.

Oh fantasy, my one and only true love... till I get married. Mommy and my sister are sci fi girls, and it drives me batty. I want to share my love for fantasy with them without overwhelming them with technical words of fantasy. I have ideas for over twenty books, and do I have one that isn't fantasy? Erm... let me think. ... No, I don't think so. XD

I love low and high, and right now I am relistening to the Harry Potter audiobooks. Ahhhhh, I love them.

My most prominent book, called The Sword of Hilif, is the one I have been working on the longest (I think I was ten when I came up with it?) and I am furthest along with. Oh, I do so enjoy writing it. Then I run out of inspiration and I'm in the middle of a scene introducing a new character and I'm like "...Why? Um, brain? WHY."

I talk to Mommy about it and share my ideas, but she can't really understand it. And my sister... Dear Eliza (not her real name)... she won't read it until my first draft is complete! *Grumblegrumble*

I love fantasy! I find it to be a broad genre with many opportunities to have multiple characters with a wide range of personalities, backgrounds, and can really bring new perspectives to a story. It's definitely my favorite genre to RP in.

My big sister, mother and I love to share our love for Fantasy! Years ago, me and my mom traded books to see what we though of each other's tastes. She traded a fantasy book and I traded a horror book. We both loved each other's books. XD I found out how much I loved creatures of the genera and she found out that gripping suspense is sometimes fun and not always scary. :)

Back