Fantasy now

KJDarKnight

You can make anything by writing -C.S Lewis
The city was never a calm and quiet place, even at night the street lights glowed, occasionally blinking. Ever since the city had gone synthetic the power was not as reliable, synthetic alternatives weren't as stable yet but everyine knew rhe real thing was getting more and more scarce. An alternative form needed to be found and utilized before the world went dark.

Safrina had even found something as simple as working at the local cafe was getting more difficult, having to re-adjust the machines every time the power flickered.

At least the dinner rush was over and they were only open a couple more hours before she could go home and relax

Destrier was exhausted, like usual, and decided to pop over to a local café to get a cup of coffee. He opened the door, which rang with a little ding from the bell, towards a small table with two seats. A menu flew over to his hand as he quickly gazed over it, before lifting his hand for a waiter/waitress to come over.

Since it was turning dark outside, only a few people were in the café, hopefully causing shorter wait times. He rested his head against the chair, keeping his hand in the air.

Safrina was quick enough to respond to a new customer. "What can I get for ya?" She asked, tucking a strand of brown hair back behind her ear.

The woman was average in height and by most standards? Really not much to look at. What made her stand out the most was not her appearance but the little bangle around her wrist. A bangle that never came off. It identified her as a shape shifter.

Shape shifters weren't the only ones who had to have identification visible at all times. It was supposed to help protect against criminal acts. Unfortunately it also made discrimination a lot easier.

"Oh! Hi, Please can i get a latte and some chips please?" Destrier asked, smiling at the kind waitress. "Noth-" He noticed the shapeshifter band and frowned, He didn't mind Shapeshifters , its just that.. They weren't a very trustworthy race. Destrier put back his smile on and spoke again, "Nothing else, thanks."

His reaction was not lost on her, rather used to it really but the bangle was rather difficult to hide and she wasn't supposed to hide it, he could get into a lot of trouble for that. "Of course sir" she still said respectfully "Any particular kind of chips to go with your latte?" she asked as she jotted it down then glanced back up at him.
It was a little strange, most shapeshifters chose to take on a more "Perfect" form but this woman hadn't, sticking to likely her true self

(I doubt I’ll get a reply from this, mostly since I’ve been inactive for so long..

But eh! I’ll do it anyway!)

Destrier tried to make his smile more convincing, as futile as it may be, he tried to keep the smile, until his mind actually registered the question the woman had just asked. Five seconds later that is. He shook his head, clearing his thoughts as so he wouldn’t get distracted as easily, and his lips parted to speak, his tongue clicking against the roof of his mouth as he did so, his eyes meeting the shapeshifters once again.

“No thanks, Miss, Anything would be fine.”

The man bowed his head respectfully, hoping the shapeshifter would be the one to break away from him, as the man didn’t want to seem rude and look away from the shapeshifter, he was rather conscious about himself, Destrier didn’t want the woman to get a bad impression of him. Then again, he didn’t want anyone to get a bad impression of the man, so this wasn’t really new.

Last edited:
Safrina flashed the practiced smile of any customer service worker "coming right up" she slipped off to get his order. At least it was a nice and quick order.

She returned only a couple moments later and ser his drinks and chips down infront of him. "Just let me know if there's anything else"

Back