Deus Ex Machina FAQs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster the Vamelfaer

Sells all the Shubi
FAQs

Why is this RP called “Deus Ex Machina”?
Because it sounded cool.
Okay, but the name really takes inspiration from the literal translation of the words, which mean “god from the machine.” It just seemed to fit. Whether or not you would like to impose the modern-day meaning of the term onto this RP is entirely up to you.​

Can I use *insert technology*?
A general rule of thumb is that if the technology was present within the time period we’re working in, it’s useable in this RP. Special rules exist for electrical technology, with an emphasis on the fact that batteries have not been invented. If your tech requires a battery, it’s not feasible. Either find an alternative way of powering your device, or scrap it. If you’re still not sure if your tech is allowed, ask a GM.​

What time period should I be referencing for this?
Victorian Era, mostly. Feel free to take reference from both the Wild West and the Industrial Revolution. Basically, anywhere from 1760 to 1900 counts.​

Are automatons programmed/ can they be hacked?
NO. Autotmatons are mechanical shells with souls. All intellect, personality, emotions and values come from their (very human-like) soul. The closest an automaton can get to being programmed is by extensive training in a certain area. They do, however, tend to learn more quickly than a human would, which is why you won’t usually find an automaton with a child-like intellect.​

Can I have a second-generation demigod?
Sadly, no. In order to keep things straightforward, we will only have demigods, humans, and automatons. Assume that demigod blood does not breed true. A child of one or two demigods will result in a regular human.​

What’s the lifespan for a demigod?
Demigods live as long as the average person. The exception for this are children of Mors (Death) and children of Medella (Life). Talk to a GM if you’re planning on making a child for one of them.​

Can I really make my own godly parent for my demigod character?
Yep! And by that I mean, you can come up with the name for the god and what they are a god of, but you may not play the god character or give them any other attributes. All of this provided that a god has not already been assigned for that area.​

Can my character beat up a god?
No.​

Can my character be a god?
No.​

Why not?
God characters are restricted to GM use only, and even then, only as the plot requires. This is because if you have too many god-like characters running around, normal characters will be squashed, and any plot we might have had would be instead filled up by titans beating the crap out of each other.​

Can my character perform wanton destruction in the city of Auroris and not be punished?
No. You can cause chaos, but if you cause any permanent damage to my city without permission, expect repercussions. (And I’m not talking about the in-character kind.)
Can I go galavanting about in the Catacombs?
For now, the Catacombs are closed, although you can have your characters slosh around in the sewers. Don't worry though, the Catacombs will come into play soon enough.​

Can I invite so-and-so to join this RP?
If so-and-so plays nicely and follows the rules? Absolutely! We love new people.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back