Far Away Lights (sci-fi multifandom crossover RP)

Ver

Endearing Misanthrope
The Convergence Series GM
An RP set in the Convergence Series, a multifandom crossover RP series that focuses on seasonal events. This specific event is based primarily on Star Trek, with elements from Star Wars and Mass Effect present as well. Original Convergence lore will also be incorporated in some places. No prior knowledge of previous Convergence events or source material is required to participate.

In-character thread can be found here.

Far Away Lights

star-trek-enterprise-animated-gif-33.gif

Captain's Log. Stardate 2259.49.

It's only been a relatively short time since the Enterprise set out for its five-year mission to boldly go where no one has gone before, and yet, in these travels, this crew has already been met with a number of strange encounters, full of both terror and wonder beyond any one person's wildest imaginations. Quite amazing when you think about it really, to explore just a small part of the observable universe and so quickly have your perspective changed as you learn about different cultures and their ways of life.

Of course, as First Officer Spock seems to almost enjoy dryly remarking, our history would have been significantly less bloody if such exploration was a thing that humans of the past enjoyed, and while there's little changing history, I suppose Mister Spock's words in of itself has given me some food for thought about how much humanity has progressed since our beginning, and how much further we could all come if we continue to keep moving forward with hard progress. Perhaps somewhere else, in another quadrant or even another dimension altogether, there's a world where humanity had decided to forego violence much sooner, but I won't think too far ahead. Not when there's so much left to explore and learn about.

After all, it isn't like I expect to find myself bumping into someone or something from a wholly different dimension any time soon.

That'd just be absurd. Even for a space traveler.

FALPremise.png

The year is 2257.

After a number of grueling trials and tribulations, those serving on board the USS Discovery are able to finally take a moment and breathe. The crew is not without its scars and wounds, but they are able to continue working with confidence, and perhaps that is the most important thing. However, as life as a Starfleet officer has proven to be, their time for reprieve is brief and fleeting, as they will soon find out.

When a mysterious accident related to the mycelial network occurs, a group of discombobulated individuals from across the multiverse are gathered and packed into one location; the Discovery itself. Determined to get this group of lost souls back to their home worlds, the Discovery makes their move forward, but this accident is quickly revealed to hardly be an isolated one, as the crew's voyage home quickly becomes a grand journey through space and time that, unbeknownst to anyone in that moment in time or even beyond, will shake the entire multiverse.

A journey that boldly goes where no one has gone before.

FALRules.png

Naturally, all of STC's rules apply here.

2. Please be respectful towards everyone in the OOC, including myself and @Atomic Knight. After all, as the GMs, whatever we say goes!

3. If you're a newcomer, welcome! Though the Convergence Series is a mass fandom roleplay with its own original lore that's been built up and up for a while, don't let all that intimidate you. Previous knowledge of the Convergence Series in general or any of the past events isn't totally required to enjoy this event. That being said, as a fairly tight-knit community, we suggest and encourage you to join our Discord server (see above) to keep up with updates and meet the community, as that's where all the OOC chatter will be based.

4. This should be a given, but no godmodding / metagaming! I'll try to be somewhat lenient with the idea of nerfing any potentially overpowered characters, and I'll likely more often than not leave it to your discretion, but I'd also like you to meet me or @Atomic Knight halfway here if there might be any issues regarding that kind of stuff.

5. Players of all posting levels are welcome here. That being said, please at least put something whenever you make a post. We'd like as little IC posts being nothing but image spam or so as possible. Speaking of image spam, please only post a maximum of three images / GIFs per post in order to not flood the page with images that make it harder to load, that is if you do intend on using pictures like icons and so forth.

7. Due to the intended speed of the game (ideally to wrap up in a month or two), it is highly recommended to seek out other users to be your "posting partners" so that you have some people you can stick with. Using the tagging system will be a must. It's fine (and encouraged) to only keep up with a few characters / players for the majority of the game for ease, as that is far easier than trying to keep tabs on everyone. Summaries and important GM posts will be made prominent, or at least, I'll try to remember.

8. Due to this event being a prequel in-universe, I'll have to advise against any decision to reprise characters previously portrayed (moreso pertaining to returning players), so not as to create discrepancies in the Convergence Series timeline.

9. You're allowed to sign up as up to two characters if you'd like, but the duo will have to be from the same canon, if only for simplicity's sake, and more than that, they should be characters who would be normally working together, as per the standard from previous events.

If you have any questions about something I might have forgotten, do feel free to ask! Certain rules and processes may or may not be added and removed on a whim.

FALTemplates.png

Appearance
: Self-explanatory. Just a picture is fine if you'd like.

Name: What is your character's name? Do they generally go by an alias / nickname?

Canon: What does your character originate from? If your character is an OC, just say "OC." If your character is an OC specifically from an established canon, put the name of the canon and "OC" next to it, for example "Star Wars OC" or so.

Powers / Abilities / Equipment: What is your character capable of, and if they have notable items they carry around, like weapons, is there anything special about them? While we'll be lenient with what to nerf and what not to, naturally, hopefully you'll know the drill. Just a Wiki link is fine.

Other Info: Optional. Just basically any extra info you feel is necessary that the GMs should know about.

FALCast.png

@ThatAverageGuy as Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo!)
@Jeremi as Darth Vader (Star Wars)
@Josh as Doctor Mrs. The Monarch (The Venture Brothers)
@York as Emily Hayes (Amulet)
@Gummi Bunnies as Flower (Vocaloid)
@Yun Lee as Gumi Megpoid and Gakupo Kamui (Vocaloid)
@Siege as Krystal (Star Fox)
@RebornRainbow as Margaret Borowski (Night in the Woods)
@dark as Maya Visari (Killzone)
@Donder172 as Meceliss and Mizelia (Star Wars OC)
@Takumi as Meiji Gahata and Stardust (Vocaloid)
@Kaykay as Misogi Kumagawa (Medaka Box)
@Space_Candy as Nathan Prescott (Life Is Strange)
@Lucky as Peter Quill (Marvel Comics)
@MelodyMeister as Rin Kagamine (Vocaloid)
@Archmage Jeremiah as Samus Aran (Metroid)
@Raptor Jesus as Sarge and Grif (Red vs. Blue)
@Crow as Starscream (Transformers)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Titus (Warhammer 40,000)
@Raynar Saassin as Vert (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
@Otto as Viktor and Blitzcrank (League of Legends)
@Minerva as Zero Two (Darling in the Franxx)​

Last edited:
NPC Example Sheet

Appearance

Saru_092117_CBS_1219005_640x360.jpg

Name

Saru

Unknown

Canon

Star-Trek-Logo-1-600x257.png

Powers / Abilities / Equipment

As a Kelpian, Saru, similar to certain animals of Earth, has the innate ability to sense the coming of danger and death, developed by his ancestors to protect themselves from natural predators. On top of that, as a Starfleet officer, it can be assumed that Saru is at least decently trained with firearms.

Other Info

He, along with other characters from Star Trek: Discovery, is taken from immediately after the events of the first season, from which the canon diverges.​

megpoid_gumi_photoshop_render_by_yukimuonmadobenite-d4jej40.png

Name: Gumi Megpoid

Canon: Vocaloid

Powers/Abilities/Equipment: Gumi is an android, and as such has above-average strength and speed. She needs to recharge every 72 hours, or she will forcably shut down. On top of this, though, she's pretty good at throwing punches and kicks around.

Other Info: Gumi comes from the same world as the other loids in Convergence, wnd she and Gakupo are technically siblings.

---

kamui_gakupo_render_by_darkphilious-d52ue1v.png

Name: Gakupo Kamui

Powers/Abilities/Equipment: Gakupo has the same skills as Gumi, save for the melee proficiency. He also has a sword.

Other Info: Same as above!​

“Just look at this lifeless city. There are no skies or oceans here. It's a one-way street to nowhere. A dead end life

Appearance

What is "human" to you people?

341980.jpg

Name: 002, she goes by Zero-Two

Canon: Darling in the Franxx

Powers / Abilities / Equipment: I can’t find a comprehensive list of Zero-Two’s abilities, so here’s a wiki link. All I can say is she’s very agile and strong. I will not have her Franxx Strelizia unless needed.

http://darling-in-the-franxx.wikia.com/wiki/Zero_Two

Other Info: All information is accurate as of Episode 13. Information may come in astheshow progresses.

Last edited:

DDX6Kfg.jpg

"In lieu of Lord Megatron's... unfortunate coma... it seems that I, Starscream, must take charge as new leader of the Decepticons. My condolences to our glorious leader."

Name:
Starscream

Canon:
LkNNGXD.jpg

Powers / Abilities / Equipment:
As a Cybertronian, Starscream is capable of transforming into an alternate mode - a fighter jet. This is done via information stored within the T-Cog of a Cybertronian, an internal organ that dictates transformation and scanning.
Cybertronians are oddly mechanical in nature and appearance.
Starscream has skill in operating technology and machines, but nothing to the extent of Cybertronian surgery.
Starscream has access to missile launchers, that while in his robot mode, are attached to his arms, as well as standard laser blasters. However, his signature weapon is his cunning, slyness and deception.
More information here.

Other Info:
Timeline-wise, he is taken from the period of Megatron's coma.

prime_starscream_jet_link_to__obj_by_kaxblastard-d99cmcl.png

Starscream's vehicle mode

Last edited:

"They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me.
Like clay I shall mold them, and in the furnace of war forge them.
They will be of iron will and steely muscle.
In great armor shall I clad them, and with the mightiest guns will they be armed.
They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them.
They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle.
They are my bulwark against the Terror.
They are the Defenders of Humanity.
They are my Space Marines. . .

. . .and they shall know no fear."
- The God-Emperor of Mankind

"You wish to talk to your gods? I will send you to them."

View attachment 2500

Name
Titus

Canon

View attachment 2504

Powers / Abilities / Equipment
Titus is an Adeptus Astartes - a Space Marine, a genetically-modified super soldier created for the purpose of dominating the galactic frontier in the name of mankind with little contest. The entire catalog of Astartes enhancements is too much for even a wiki link to condense, but the key abilities include superhuman strength, speed, reflexes, senses, durability, pain tolerance and the whole shebang, on top of cellular regeneration, resistance to hazards like extreme temperatures, lack of oxygen and the vacuum of space, complete immunity to toxins, poisons and biological agents, and being a 7-foot brick shithouse.

Power Armour - Mk 7 "Aquila" Astartes Power Armour, enhanced due to Titus' position of command. A ceramic-titanium alloy shell reinforced with plates of plasteel and adamantium, equipped with servos about the limbs that further enhance Titus' superhuman physical traits, as well as ancient life-support systems that interface with Titus directly via his bio-engineered organs. It's as durable as it looks and sounds, but can be cracked open with time. Titus is never seen outside of it.

Chainsword - A sword, but instead of a proper blade, it comes in the form of a motorized chainsaw blade. It's simple and deadly, rending apart poorly-armored foes in close combat in a gory display, seemingly fueled by the blood of it's victims as it never runs out of motor fuel.

Bolter - The holy Bolter, rifle of the 41st millennium, favored by Space Marines and one of the Captain's most reliable weapons. Fires thick, explosive 'bolts' propelled by mini-rocket engines, which detonate upon impact with any surface. A single shot can completely blow apart an unarmored human's upper torso, leaving a steaming gap in it's wake.

Other Info
Titus is taken years after the events of Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine.

The Forgotten Witch

Appearance:
Gahata_Meiji_Hoodie_Closed.png

Name: Meiji Gahata

Powers / Abilities / Equipment: Meiji is an android, and has above average strength and speed. She needs to recharge every 72 hours, or she will forcably shut down. She can also deal quite a few good kicks and punches, but isn't as strong as others physically despite having been upgraded in recent years.

Other Info: Although she comes from the same canon as other loids, she is a different brand/type of loid known as an Utauloid, yet is commonly mistaken for a Vocaloid due to her singing capabilities and the smoothness of her voice compared to most other Utauloids.

--------

The Quadimension Star

Appearance:
latest

Name: Stardust

Powers/Abilities/Equipment: Stardust is an android, which means that she has above average strength and speed, and needs to recharge every 72 hours or else she will be forced to shut down. Due to kmowing how to dance, she can use that as a form of fighting if she needs to, since in her mind dancing and fighting could go hand in hand together.

Other Info: Stardust is still rather new, but has quickly gained loyal fans whom she wants to make proud, but the one she wants to make proud the most is her younger sister, Haiyi. She does her best to be a good role model and can't wait to sing together with Haiyi. Stardust is polite and optimistic, to a point, and loves to look at stars in the night sky.

Last edited:
Appearance:
rALemDS.png

"Don't ask me if I'm ready. Because no matter what happens, I'll have to be."

Name:
Emily Hayes

Canon:
Amulet

What is your character capable of, and if they have notable items they carry around, like weapons, is there anything special about them? While we'll be lenient with what to nerf and what not to, naturally, hopefully you'll know the drill. Just a Wiki link is fine.

http://amulet.wikia.com/wiki/Emily_Hayes
(I'll leave the wiki link here, but it is not completely reliable. The information on there about her powers and abilities will suffice, but the plot summaries seem incomplete, so I will summarize things as needed below)

MY5rv3a.png

- The stone; a mysterious artifact that grants her various seemingly magical abilities, ranging from energy projection, telekinesis, and a limited ability to levitate herself and others. There are numerous other ways the stone's powers are utilized, but the more effort she puts into using her stone's powers, the more it drains her of strength physically. In addition, while she can theoretically tap into a seemingly infinite amount of power with the stone, a majority of this potential is locked away... Unless she allows the stone (it has a voice, which has a tendency to be quite malicious in nature) to take full control, which causes her to lose herself completely to its power.

- Only Human; other than the fact that she is a stone keeper, and has special abiliites granted by her stone, she is in fact... Just a mere human, and quite a young one at that. They say the stones don't choose their keepers based on their strengths... But instead, their weaknesses. This is especially true with Emily, as despite her confident demeanor, she is still haunted by a past tragedy that took her father's life.

- Walking stick; it is but a mere walking stick, however, it also serves as a conduit to help Emily focus and direct her stone's power. It has its uses for a stonekeeper like herself, but without the stone's power, it is nothing special on its own.

Other Info:
Due to the events of Amulet book 7, the nature of the stone's voice, and how she will be appearing in this roleplay, Emily will be cut off from its verbal influence for the most part... Even if she may be subtly affected by its malicious nature every so often. This essentially means that the more "overpowered", and often unpredictable aspects of her stone's powers are stunted for the time being.​

Last edited:

Appearance
:
latest

Name:
Margaret Borowski

Mae

Canon: Night in the Woods

http://nightinthewoods.wikia.com/wiki/Mae_Borowski

Other Info: Mae seems to have both depression and anger issues, and when under extreme emotional distress will dissociate by having the world around her change into shapes. Do to her unfit therapist, it is unknown which dissociate disorder she has. However in her daily life she often feels a sense of derealization and others and has no clue as to how she can deal with it.

Last edited:

latest

“You just got Sarge’d!”

Name
Sarge

Canon
latest

Powers/Abilities/Equipment
  • Skilled in combat
  • Skilled mechanical engineer
  • Capable of forming battle plans
  • Weapons are: a shotgun, hand grenades, and a pistol
Other Info
Sarge will be taken from season 2, during The Blood Gulch Chronicles.

latest

“I can’t believe I missed my two o’clock p.m. nap for this.”

Name
Dexter Grif
AKA “Grif”

Canon
latest

Powers/Abilities/Equipment
  • Skilled liar/manipulator
  • Skilled driver
  • Weapons are: an assault rifle, hand grenades, and a pistol.
Other Info
Like Sarge, Grif will be taken from season 2 as well.​

Last edited:

Appearance
:
dl.php

Name: Rin Kagamine

Canon: VOCALOID

Powers / Abilities / Equipment: Rin is an android, and as such has above-average strength and speed. She needs to recharge every 72 hours, or she will forcibly shut down. Due to her diva career, Rin is particularly good at acting, keeping up many acts and lies without too much problem. Although she is physically young, she’s a feisty one and wouldn’t mind throwing a punch or driving recklessly in a road-roller around.

Other Info: She comes from the same world as the other ‘voids from Convergence, where she’s particularly more well-known as a pop-star diva, although not as much as Miku or anything. Although her singing is not particularly good, her acting is top-notch, from being able to pull off prideful princesses and crazy hand-collectors despite Rin herself being a fairly sweet, if not a very gutsy girl. She’s currently trying to keep in touch with her brother(?), Kagamine Len, but she hasn’t been very successful, but perhaps they could meet each other soon? Hopefully?​

Last edited:
Appearance:
Name: Peter Jason Quill/ Star-Lord
Canon: Guardians of the Galaxy/ Marvel Cinematic Universe
Powers / Abilities / Equipment: http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Star-Lord
Other Info: This version takes place after GOTG Volume 2 and before Infinity War. Also, this version has no knowledge of the multi-verse outside of the planets in his galaxy and IS NOT the same version as the one who will later be played in Murder VII. Also, this version seems to have a small amount of his powers after Ego's death, but he has no control over when they work. Additionally, despite flirting with Gamora, this version still considers himself single ( PSSST, don't tell Gamora that). Otherwise, nothing else.

"My, don't underestimate a gaming otaku, will you?"
Appearance:

Name: Vert / Green Heart

Age: Unknown but appearance states that she's an Adult Woman (30+)

Canon:
latest

Taken after the events of Hyperdimension Neptunia: Re;birth 1.

Powers / Abilities / Equipment: In Vert's normal state and her HDD, she fights with Lance-styled weaponry, and can wield most lance-like weapons. She can utilise special Combo attacks and Special Attacks in general in order to combat her opponents, and utilise her EXE Drive moves which are unique to her, to deal large amounts of damage to single targets or sometimes groups of targets depending on what move she uses.
Combo Skills
SP Skills
EXE Drive Skills

As she is a CPU, she has the ability to use a special power known as Hard Drive Divinity which allows her to transform into her Goddess form known as Green Heart which allows her access to her full power as a CPU. The most notable changes include appearance, size, and personality changes. In the games themselves, when a CPU enters HDD, they receive a boost to health, strength and speed.

Other Info: At times, she boasts about her bust size and has demonstrated this in reference to another Goddess known as Blanc. As a nerf to the HDD for this RP, she will not be able to stay HDD for long periods of time, and must downgrade to rest from exhaustion.​

Appearance:
latest

Name: Maya "Echo" Visari

Canon: Killzone: Shadowfall

Echo is an excellent marksman and a proficient hacker. She is also skilled in hand-to-hand combat and wielding knives. Her intimate knowledge of the areas and routes in New Helghan were crucial when helping Lucas escape. She is capable of both marking and sniping with ease. Echo is adept at infiltration using her cloak. It's currently not known if she has the oratory skills and political charisma her mother and grandfather possess.

http://killzone.wikia.com/wiki/Maya_"Echo"_Visari

Other Info: See wiki for other info.

50a793ba7ee40fc9fba31713128b01f7.png

~Name~
Flower

~Age~
4, but built to appear 15 physically

~Canon~
Vocaloid

~Powers / Abilities / Equipment~
Being an android, Flower has advanced optimized output when compared to your average human. On the contrary, she does need routine maintenance to keep herself from force shutdown, and at most, she has three full days if she were to run without the time to rest.

~Other Info~
Despite being one of the more anticipated Vocaloids in the new lineup, Flower didn't exactly care so much about her own popularity or the possible competition with other Vocaloids. Like her name suggests, Flower only wishes that she'll "bloom like a flower" as time goes on, wanting to make her own image that's unique to her. Because of this, most sometimes identify her as a "kuudere," always coming off cold at first but later warming up with a sweet side. She's commonly mistaken to be a boy due to her rather androgynous voice, to which she gets annoyed when she's referred to by the wrong gender. Coming from the same universe as the other Vocaloids in Convergence, Flower knows a good portion of info on the others, and definitely on the disappearance of Hatsune Miku.​

Back