Status
Not open for further replies.
Epilogue
All Hail Starscream

"A little note to Elliot for his mourning..."

A note, written by Cybertronian hands and in Cybertronian tongue, was placed near Elliot.

Starscream had a saddened expression, but grinned when none were looking.

Soon, it was time for all to leave.

"It was nice knowing you, friends, foes and allies. We fought valiantly together, through thick and thin, but now, I must part. I can only wish all blessings! The sooner I return to my Decepticon Kingdom, the better."

A pair of optics faced Blitzcrank & Viktor.

"Something tells me you two will like Cybertron, that is, after I fix it up in my name. Ahaha..."

Clanking feet left the area.

Oh those suckers, what do they know? I, Lord Starscream, walk through the portal, hoping to never see their pathetic fleshy faces ever again.

Oh, what's that you're saying? A sudden switch to a first person narrative definitely feels wrong, but so is everything else I do, from the perspective of the Autobots, and even that pesky Megatron. What's one more wrong to throw into the well of incorrectness going to do, anyways? Land me in prison? Please.

That aside, I couldn't stand a good fraction of them. All so goody-two-shoes. I suppose some of them would be fine to hang around as I grab some Visco and they grab their beer. Will I miss them? Only time can tell.

IarIgJY.jpg

There I stood where I first left - the interior of the Decepticon Warship, the Nemesis. Soundwave was right before me.

"It's good to know that you've been awaiting me, Soundwave."

Nfa0SHN.jpg

"..."

As always, Soundwave stood silent.

I knew, deep within my Spark, that Soundwave could give less of a scrap about me. Soundwave never liked me, and I never liked Soundwave.

Then again, have any of the Decepticons ever liked one another? Short answer - no.

Another familiar figure approached.

VUFwIdi.jpg

"Oh! Commander Starscream! I was definitely not out racing again, today!"

The medic Knock Out, always out to partake in pesky human activities. 'Automobile & Automobile Enthusiast' my exhaust pipe!

"Take care of your Paint Job, will you?"

Those were my only words to him. I heard their exchange behind my back.

"Say, our Commander's been acting strange since he returned, wouldn't you say, Soundwave? Maybe he really did take a two-week vacation to destress. Leading is hard work, that's why I choose to follow."

"..."

They have no idea what I am contemplating.

In my mind, I had ideas, plans, visions involving the concept of the Multiverse, the universes beyond.

What if there were alternate mes? What if there were more Decepticons waiting to be lead? Perhaps under the circumstances that Megatron reawakens, I could use those Decepticons to overthrow him?

Think about it, an infinite army from an infinite realities. My only obstacle - the lack of a means for dimensiom travel. Heck, we don't even have access to a Space Bridge yet!

Maybe one day...

BT6NOYt.jpg

... maybe one day.

~END~

Last edited:
Continued from here.

Epilogue
"Into the Light"

Rex and Revan raised their hands to the sky, the two men alone able to manipulate the Force to a degree few of their kind could reach. With Darth Vader’s help primarily, the group could feel a pressure in the air as the Force rippled and shook around them. The dark clouds above began to break apart and drift away from the immediate area, taking with it the violent lightning and harsh winds.

Burnham let out a gasp one she realized her communication signal was getting stronger. “Just a bit more,” she said, feeling the hair on her arms stick up from the charged energy in the air. The environment felt almost otherworldly. Large amounts of the Force were moving to and fro, reminding the group a little of the fall into the abyss. Soon, the dark clouds had drifted further and further, allowing communications to finally go through.

“We’ve done it!” Burnham announced, then spoke into her communicator. “This is Officer Burnham. We’re alive. You should be able to lock on with the transporter now.” In just a few minutes, everyone soon found themselves beamed aboard the Discovery.

Some time passed, where the Discovery crew tended to the wounded and discussed openly with Rex and Revan their understanding of the Force. It was eventually explained to everyone that it was possible they could use the Force like the mycelial network. Furthermore, all of their jumps and a new understanding of temporal signatures allowed the crews of the Discovery and the Enterprise to calculate how to make accurate jumps across dimensions, using a combination of the spore drive technology and the transporter technology. The transporter had a range limit, but the limit could be overcome by transporting to the space between dimensions for an infinitesimal moment of time and then jumping again to the desired universe. How this was possible was thanks to the space between dimensions being incredibly small in scale in comparison to the fact that it touched all dimensions across reality.

Regardless if the explanation was understood, Burnham and Stamets assured the crew and those displaced that they knew what they were doing now. They could get to their home destination safely, but it would take more time to calculate the individual universes of all those displaced. Within a couple of hours, Rex volunteered to take Stamets place within the spore drive and the ships made a successful jump home.

In the days following, the Discovery brought their many tagalongs to the United Federation of Planets' representatives on Earth and explained to them the situation. All of the displaced were granted residence within the Federation building until the time that the technology to get them home was finalized. The Federation decided to establish a partnership with both the Enterprise and the Normandy, making them Federation representatives of their respective universes. The Federation also told the Normandy’s crew that they could not assist them in their war back home, for that would be a violation of the laws and ethics the Federation followed, though Shepard understood the situation.

It was soon discovered that the ARK had gone missing from the ships, leaving everyone to theorize it had simply disappeared during the final jump. Liara hoped greatly that it would be discovered by those who would do right by the device and the woman trapped inside.

In order to more quickly ascertain how to calculate the coordinates for all those displaced, the Federation reached out to other dimensions, finding a utopian version of Earth that had their own version of the United Nations. The UN leader within this dimension, Kenjiro Yamadera, worked earnestly with the Federation to help them in their efforts, finding inspiration himself in going on to unite other UN branches across the multiverse.

In time, a vigil was held for the crew members lost during the incident, as well as Elliot. Rex and Revan worked through their differences and approached the Federation with a proposal. They asked for access to the interdimensional travel devices once they were completed, speaking of threats on the horizon they had inklings of thanks to the visions they had received. Due to their help in getting the Discovery home, the Federation agreed, though as long as they were monitored.

Soon, after a month had passed, the Federation called upon the displaced and brought them together within the Federation building to deliver them some big news.

“Both the Enterprise and the Normandy safely made it back to their home dimensions,” Burnham announced to the group. "They had important matters to attend to back home and could not stay to say goodbye." They were in a large conference hall, but the front was filled with members of the Discovery’s crew, who had some sort of pedestal set up in front of them. Burnham gestured to it. “It is still only a beta design, but this piece of equipment will transport you all back home, safe and sound. We still do not entirely know why this all happened in the first place, but the Federation is looking to phasing out the spore drive technology as a result, or at least its use on ships.”

"Once again, we are terribly sorry that you had to be dragged from your homes across the multiverse, for a whole month even," Saru added after Burnham, "However, one thing to consider, for better or for worse depending on how luck shines on you, as we've observed with our meeting of the Enterprise, time is not so linear through different worlds. Even though you've spent a month relative to this world, that is the more unpredictable part; depending on where your world might be, from your world's perspective, you may have been gone for hardly a minute, a day, a week, or even a whole year or beyond, all things considered. Do keep this in mind, please."

Stamets raised a hand. “Now keep in mind, these are one-way trips home. You can’t come back, nor can we send messages to your homes or loved ones. It is the Federation’s request that you do go home, as keeping you here is believed to possibly upset the balance between universes. Ethically, we can’t let you stay.”

“So…” Burnham nodded her head. “Say your goodbyes now. It has been an honor getting to know you all.”

Tilly, standing next to Burnham, leaned to the side in her direction. "This is still really freaky to me... We really just discovered a whole new frontier beyond space but we won't even be able to explore it! Though, I guess it's for the best, all things considered. Still, since we don't know what caused this anomaly in the first place, who's to say this won't happen again? What if they don't even end up in a world like this? How do you think they would've gotten home?"

"Oh, I should... probably keep that to myself," Tilly cleared her throat as she turned to face the displaced, "Yeah, anyway, say your goodbyes! What she said!"

Burnham let out a long sigh. "Perhaps in time, Tilly, things will change. It is inevitable, really. We should hope for the best."

@ThatAverageGuy as Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo!)
@Jeremi as Darth Vader (Star Wars)
@Josh as Doctor Mrs. The Monarch (The Venture Brothers)
@York as Emily Hayes (Amulet)
@Gummi Bunnies as Flower (Vocaloid)
@Yun Lee as Gumi Megpoid and Gakupo Kamui (Vocaloid)
@Alex Azure as Kirby (Kirby)
@Siege as Krystal (Star Fox)
@dark as Maya Visari (Killzone)
@Donder172 as Meceliss and Mizelia (Star Wars OC)
@Takumi as Meiji Gahata and Stardust (Vocaloid)
@Kaykay as Misogi Kumagawa (Medaka Box)
@Space_Candy as Nathan Prescott (Life Is Strange)
@Lucky as Peter Quill (Marvel Comics)
@MelodyMeister as Rin Kagamine (Vocaloid)
@Archmage Jeremiah as Samus Aran (Metroid)
@Raptor Jesus as Sarge and Grif (Red vs. Blue)
@Crow as Starscream (Transformers)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Titus (Warhammer 40,000)
@Raynar Saassin as Vert (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
@Otto as Viktor and Blitzcrank (League of Legends)
@Minerva as Zero Two (Darling in the Franxx)​

Epilogue: Krystalizing Farewell

Krystal soon turned to everyone in the group.

"Over this past month... I have learned so much about where you all had come from. I am saying to you now that I only wish I could spend more time with you all... but you know what they say, all good things must come to an end. So... this is farewell... goodbye everyone... I do hope maybe... even if it is by chance... we get to meet each other again."

Krystal soon stepped into the teleporter and was beamed back to her world, where Fox and Marcus awaited her as she greeted them with the warmest hug of all.

@Atomic Knight @Everyone else

Epilogue
"Into the Light"

Rex and Revan raised their hands to the sky, the two men alone able to manipulate the Force to a degree few of their kind could reach. With Darth Vader’s help primarily, the group could feel a pressure in the air as the Force rippled and shook around them. The dark clouds above began to break apart and drift away from the immediate area, taking with it the violent lightning and harsh winds.

Burnham let out a gasp one she realized her communication signal was getting stronger. “Just a bit more,” she said, feeling the hair on her arms stick up from the charged energy in the air. The environment felt almost otherworldly. Large amounts of the Force were moving to and fro, reminding the group a little of the fall into the abyss. Soon, the dark clouds had drifted further and further, allowing communications to finally go through.

“We’ve done it!” Burnham announced, then spoke into her communicator. “This is Officer Burnham. We’re alive. You should be able to lock on with the transporter now.” In just a few minutes, everyone soon found themselves beamed aboard the Discovery.

Some time passed, where the Discovery crew tended to the wounded and discussed openly with Rex and Revan their understanding of the Force. It was eventually explained to everyone that it was possible they could use the Force like the mycelial network. Furthermore, all of their jumps and a new understanding of temporal signatures allowed the crews of the Discovery and the Enterprise to calculate how to make accurate jumps across dimensions, using a combination of the spore drive technology and the transporter technology. The transporter had a range limit, but the limit could be overcome by transporting to the space between dimensions for an infinitesimal moment of time and then jumping again to the desired universe. How this was possible was thanks to the space between dimensions being incredibly small in scale in comparison to the fact that it touched all dimensions across reality.

Regardless if the explanation was understood, Burnham and Stamets assured the crew and those displaced that they knew what they were doing now. They could get to their home destination safely, but it would take more time to calculate the individual universes of all those displaced. Within a couple of hours, Rex volunteered to take Stamets place within the spore drive and the ships made a successful jump home.

In the days following, the Discovery brought their many tagalongs to the United Federation of Planets' representatives on Earth and explained to them the situation. All of the displaced were granted residence within the Federation building until the time that the technology to get them home was finalized. The Federation decided to establish a partnership with both the Enterprise and the Normandy, making them Federation representatives of their respective universes. The Federation also told the Normandy’s crew that they could not assist them in their war back home, for that would be a violation of the laws and ethics the Federation followed, though Shepard understood the situation.

It was soon discovered that the ARK had gone missing from the ships, leaving everyone to theorize it had simply disappeared during the final jump. Liara hoped greatly that it would be discovered by those who would do right by the device and the woman trapped inside.

In order to more quickly ascertain how to calculate the coordinates for all those displaced, the Federation reached out to other dimensions, finding a utopian version of Earth that had their own version of the United Nations. The UN leader within this dimension, Kenjiro Yamadera, worked earnestly with the Federation to help them in their efforts, finding inspiration himself in going on to unite other UN branches across the multiverse.

In time, a vigil was held for the crew members lost during the incident, as well as Elliot. Rex and Revan worked through their differences and approached the Federation with a proposal. They asked for access to the interdimensional travel devices once they were completed, speaking of threats on the horizon they had inklings of thanks to the visions they had received. Due to their help in getting the Discovery home, the Federation agreed, though as long as they were monitored.

Soon, after a month had passed, the Federation called upon the displaced and brought them together within the Federation building to deliver them some big news.

“Both the Enterprise and the Normandy safely made it back to their home dimensions,” Burnham announced to the group. "They had important matters to attend to back home and could not stay to say goodbye." They were in a large conference hall, but the front was filled with members of the Discovery’s crew, who had some sort of pedestal set up in front of them. Burnham gestured to it. “It is still only a beta design, but this piece of equipment will transport you all back home, safe and sound. We still do not entirely know why this all happened in the first place, but the Federation is looking to phasing out the spore drive technology as a result, or at least its use on ships.”

"Once again, we are terribly sorry that you had to be dragged from your homes across the multiverse, for a whole month even," Saru added after Burnham, "However, one thing to consider, for better or for worse depending on how luck shines on you, as we've observed with our meeting of the Enterprise, time is not so linear through different worlds. Even though you've spent a month relative to this world, that is the more unpredictable part; depending on where your world might be, from your world's perspective, you may have been gone for hardly a minute, a day, a week, or even a whole year or beyond, all things considered. Do keep this in mind, please."

Stamets raised a hand. “Now keep in mind, these are one-way trips home. You can’t come back, nor can we send messages to your homes or loved ones. It is the Federation’s request that you do go home, as keeping you here is believed to possibly upset the balance between universes. Ethically, we can’t let you stay.”

“So…” Burnham nodded her head. “Say your goodbyes now. It has been an honor getting to know you all.”

Tilly, standing next to Burnham, leaned to the side in her direction. "This is still really freaky to me... We really just discovered a whole new frontier beyond space but we won't even be able to explore it! Though, I guess it's for the best, all things considered. Still, since we don't know what caused this anomaly in the first place, who's to say this won't happen again? What if they don't even end up in a world like this? How do you think they would've gotten home?"

"Oh, I should... probably keep that to myself," Tilly cleared her throat as she turned to face the displaced, "Yeah, anyway, say your goodbyes! What she said!"

Burnham let out a long sigh. "Perhaps in time, Tilly, things will change. It is inevitable, really. We should hope for the best."

"Elliot didn't really seem to be quite the nice man. Oh well. He shall be missed." Vert exclaimed as she then turned towards the rest of the group.

images

"Well, my friends. It is indeed time to depart. It's been quite an adventure, much like the MMO's I frequent back home. Perhaps we'll see each other again in similar situations like these? Hmhm. I'm sure many are eager to see my return. Farewell, and may we meet again under more... pleasant circumstances." And so, Vert walked away gracefully from the group, disappearing from sight.

Perhaps now I can get back to my games. Wait, are you reading my thoughts? Or perhaps this is a one-time narration from me? Of course you'd be interested in finding out what I'll get up to when I return. Let's just say my time spent with Neptune and her constant fourth-wall breaking has taught me a few things about this. Ah, I think I can overhear her now:

"What do you mean you can't bring her back?!" "I've tried everything I possibly can, Neptune. But it would appear that she was in an entirely different dimension to ours O_O" "There is absolutely no way Vert would just up and ditch us like that! Not while we all had plans today to have a gaming party! No-Not like I care or anything about her... Hmph." Oh? It would seem Noire is at the Planeptune Basilicom. Why is she... Oh that's right... We all had plans to have a gaming party two weeks after I had been taken. Hmm... I somehow completely forgot about that. "Not that it matters anyways. We can always just play without Thunder Tits." "What's the matter Blanc? Not a fan of Vert?" "Not with those fat udders of hers she calls a chest... Ugh, watching them jiggle makes me want to puke." And of course, we can't have a gaming party without Blanc and her Mario Party franchise. Guess I'd better make my appearance then.

"Greetings. I have returned." "Now I'm hearing her voice again. UGH! I wish she would just shut u--- Vert?!" "Vert?!" "VERT!" They all proceeded to run towards her and hugged her equally. Well, aside for Blanc, she refused to hug such a large chest due to her disgust. "Hmhm. It's good to see you all again. Apologies for my sudden absence. I had... quite the adventure." "What happened to your shoulder?!" "Like I said, quite the adventure~ But let's discuss it together with some refreshments." "Oh! Let me go get the glasses!" Neptune exclaimed before jogging along into the Basilicom. "Just don't drop them you idiot! The glass is very expensive Lastation quality!"

Hmhm. It was certainly quite the adventure I had. But nothing beats being home again. Perhaps something like that could happen again? I don't know. But something tells me that I may be seeing a few of them again. Or maybe not, who knows? The Multiverse is a strange place indeed.

"Hey we thought to drop by and join in the fun." "Yeah, me too~ We all had our adventures and now it's time to relax~!" "I'm thankful I was able to take a break from working to enjoy time with you guys." "At least I can spend some quality time with Noire again. She's always working..."

Who are those that have just arrived you ask? They are IF, Compa, Nepgear and Uni. Nepgear and Uni are CPU Candidates while IF and Compa work for Planeptune's Guild. Sadly I was not blessed with a Sister like the others were.

"Glasses are here! All in their own respective colours too!" Neptune shouted as she came back to the Balcony and handed everyone their glasses. "Blue for Blanc, Orange for Noire, Green for Vert and Red for me~" "Specifically picked out brands for us. You do know how to treat us guests, Neptune." "Of course! Since we're all together now thanks to the main Protagonist of Protagonists, me! We're all gonna get along, okay?" "Indeed." "Mhm." "Hmph, If I have to..."

Here's to the end of our adventure, and perhaps, I may be able to meet everyone again.

And who knows? Maybe you and I can meet again, huh? It's surely been a wild ride.

"To our continued prosperity as CPU's."
"To our continued friendships and relationships."
"To make sure the console war never happens again."
"To continue the legacy that is the pride and joy of Gaming."

View attachment 2791

*Ching* was the sound of Glasses touching as they happily took a sip of their drinks and then walked into the Basilicom, to do what they do best: Gaming.

The End-

"HEY!" What?! "We only just got Vert back and you're ending it here?!" Well yeah. This story technically ended. You'll just have to wait until your next game, Re;birth 2. "Hmph. But if that's the case, you better do a good job of writing us in the next one!" Way to put on the pressure, Neptune... "Especially me. I have a reputation to uphold you know, I'm the Protagonist of Protagonists!" Alright, Alright, I'll do my best. Can I actually end this story now? "Yeah I guess you can. But remember your promise!" "Neptune, are you joining us? Or are you going to talk to the Audience forever?" Vert exclaimed as she walked out onto the Balcony as Neptune was there. "Yeah, I'm coming." And then she jogged off into the Basilicom. Vert then took a seat for a few seconds.

EE8EB059A0F3B289305F8D387D7AA09CA3894EE5

Farewell. And perhaps, we shall meet again~

The End.

Epilogue
"Into the Light"

Epilogue: The Jedi
Both Jedi observed as Revan, Rex and Vader used the Dark Side of the Force to break apart the storm. Both feeling the pressure in the air and the ripples of the Force. Both Jedi led out a sigh of relief as they were away from Malachor V. Already feeling a difference in the Force as they were away from the double wound in the Force. Both could after a moment feel the Force again. During the time that had passed, Mizelia had offered her help to take care of any wounds people may have received.

When the group met the representatives of the Federation, they were met with Jedi courtesy from Mizelia. Talking to them politely when she could to explain several things others couldn't explain or correct where she knew where mistakes were made, in a polite manner of course. Doing so with an open mind whenever she was proven wrong. Who seemed to be interested in talking further with them, but most likely being unable to do so due to busy work from the side of the representatives. The following days that the displaced were given residence at the Federation building, Mizelia was mostly interesting in the universe and its inhabitants. Taking the opportunities she could get to gather information. Be it by computer or conversation with personnel should they allow her to and be open for a conversation. Hoping as well that her request was granted.
Meceliss used some of the time to practice wherever she could with Djem So and Soresu. Asking for an area to train against ranged opponents.
Both Jedi attended the vigil, Mizelia self bringing several items she made herself in honor of the those who fell. Even though she barely knew them, she tried to pay her respect to them.

"There is no need to apologize. This was something beyond your control." Mizelia said to Sary. Seemingly not minding that she was taken out of her universe. "It was... certainly an interesting experience to meet others from other places." she added, she seemed to be initially disappointed that her request seemed to be denied. However, she understood their reasons, both ethically and for the safety of their universe, her own and that of others. "It's unfortunate we can't stay or keep contact. As it's unlikely we will meet again, though I have hopes that perhaps one day, we can meet again. Besides that, I want to say that it was a pleasure to have met you all." Mizelia said towards the displaced group and the crew of the Discovery. She then looks towards Tilly "She does have a point, though from an ethical point of view from the Federation. I don't think that would be an option. Though, I would say that I don't think it's a good idea to phase out the Spore Drive. It could still be of use in case something like this happens again. Keep it somewhere locked until the time arrives that it is needed."
Meceliss nods towards Mizelia as she finished her sentence. "Wherever you are from, good luck at home. And use what you learned from what happened here to improve yourself for a better future." Meceliss said. One could learn from this experience. From the experience other had, to learn from those around you. She was glad to be going home but knew there was something learned from this experience. She too hoped that more contact was possible, the Galaxy she knew could really use peace at this point. Something the leaders of its biggest factions didn't seem to care about.

Epilogue:
Meceliss
Meceliss was the first to leave from the two Jedi. Before she did, she bowed her head towards the group in a manner from a Jedi before she faced Mizelia. "I won't be able to join you just yet. I need to return to my mentor and get off the rock we found ourselves on. I don't want to leave him behind." Meceliss said to Mizelia. "You need any help?" Mizelia asked Meceliss, who shook her head. "We'll manage." she said "Until we meet again, Mizelia." The Mirialan added before she was brought back. She found herself back in a forest. In the distance, she sensed something familiar, her mentor. She returned to him, but told nothing of what happened. Yet, her mind somewhat remained at the adventure she had with the displaced people and the crews of the USS Discovery, the USS Enterprise and the Normandy. Names that would stay in her memory. But her thoughts were moved aside for late to ponder on. Right now she had to think how to get off the planet with her mentor.

Epilogue:
Mizelia
Mizelia was second, but she walked towards Burnham before she did. "During my time here, I had the opportunity to make something which I wanted to give you." Mizelia said as she offered a woodcarving. The carving was in the form of the USS Discovery. The wood was from her own universe, but it was wood regardless. The carving seemed to be quite accurate and well made. "It might not be much, but it might be something to remember the adventure... unless it wasn't that well for you..." Mizelia said, seemingly having good intentions for the gift. "Good luck and may the Force be with you." Mizelia said to end the conversation and walked towards her way home, only giving a brief glance towards the crew of the USS Discovery before she went back home.
Once at home, she found herself on Alderaan. It was around midnight that she returned. After making a brief exploration herself, she noticed she had been away for at least three days. The next morning, Mizelia began carving again. Her time outside her universe gave her many ideas for carvings, but these ones would be private. The coming months, she made carvings of what she saw from the Discover, Enterprise and Normandy as well as carvings from logos like the Federation and those on the Normandy. She also made carvings of those she met. As for last, she made a small logo of the Federation again which she kept close with her in case she would once again meet them. There was still a chance they would, maybe not by the same crew. But the chance was there, and Mizelia was a person who tried to keep it positive when she could. She did record what she saw during her adventure, but made sure the data was secured and private. Perhaps it would prove useful in the future.

The End.

Epilogue

"Endings and Beginnings"

One month. One whole month trapped with these people. Well...it wasn't all that bad. Gumi was having a lot of fun practicing...something, and at least Gakupo's life wasn't in danger every ten minutes. Still, he missed being home, where he was adored and pampered like a real idol, rather than treated like an anomaly. So, when they could finally leave, he did so, saying goodbyes primarily to Emily and Sheila before getting home.

For her part, Gumi was happy to have the month away. The time not spent exploring their temporary residence was spent practicing her manipulation. She created four different Gumis-well, four main modes of Gumi to be, so she could be taken seriously by different people. Gumi Power was tough and loud, not taking any crap from anybody. Gumi Adult was mature, cool, just like Gakupo when he wasn't freaking out. Gumi Sweet was delicate and innocent, able to tug on heartstrings like with Steve Cortez. And Gumi Whisper was shy and soft. You never knew when playing one of them would come in handy! She was happy to leave to, but then she had a secret: she was going to use these Gumis, and someday, she would find out where Miku was and what happened to her. There were answers out there somewhere!

---

Three Days Later...

"...Jesus fuckin' Christ."

Dell took a long drag on his cigarette, not believing any of this. It had only been three days in their world that Gakupo and the others were gone, and then they just showed up like nothing happened? What the Hell? And now he was in Gakupo's place, learning all about some crazy space adventure.

"I know. It was horrible." Gakupo shook his head, leaning back on his couch in a slump, something he was only comfortable doing around his closest friends. "The girls in the group didn't help much, either. They were all crazy...or green."

"And you guys were gone for a month? God, I would've gone crazy..." Dell shook his head. "At least you guys are back. How's Gumi?"

"She's fine. She's been incredibly happy since we came back. It's weird, but I actually think this trip was good for her."

"That makes one of you, at least." Dell put his cigarette out in the bowl Gakupo provided, then turned to him. "Look, Neru didn't tell anyone you guys went missing. We kept it under wraps and said you guys had a random malfunction and needed emergency operations. We'd come clean in a week if we couldn't find you, but guess you were okay all along."

"I don't know if I'd use that word, but...yeah." Gakupo sighed. "At least that's the last I'll ever have to do something like that."

"No shit. God, if I ever got stuck somewhere like that...I don't know what the fuck I'd do."

He laughed, but what Dell didn't know was that one year later, when he woke up in a shrine in a place called Hyrule...Dell would find out what he'd do.

The End...?

-Flower Epilogue-
"A Blooming Return"

Considering her current condition, Flower only saw it as wise to go home immediately once given the chance to. There was no telling on how long she had on this emergency power source that Emily gave to her before it ran out. As long as she was home, she could have the developers fix her up. And well... that's how it all went down.

Her stumbling figure in the hallway startled one of the engineers, especially with the crude state of her missing left arm. It was chaotic, being urgently brought over to the lab and guided over to an operational table. Confusion and disbelief. All stemming from the fact that Flower had apparently disappeared and returned in a damaged state, something that was never thought to go to that extent. She was made along with the other Vocaloids for entertainment, not combat.

She could tell what would happen while she was going to be put offline to conduct the repairs. Surely they couldn't just reattach a new arm to this model, the internal system were already worn out from the stress of the situation she was put in before. It was easier and more efficient for them to extract her memory chip and assemble a completely different body for her.

In that case, she only had one request pertaining for that, voicing it out before the operation began.

tumblr_inline_p8mrc55EoI1r79yns_100.jpg

❝ ... say... mind giving me a different look? Not really... the gothic lolita type... ❞
-----
Several days later, Flower finally decided to wander around downtown, given that she had to lay low with her new external appearance. It was convenient time for her upgrades to go underway, updating her voicebanks and software to keep up with evergrowing Vocaloid craze. Not only that, but her request for a different aesthetic did go through. A complete change as opposed to her roughly elegant attire, Flower found herself actually loving the punk tomboy look.

It was also a miracle that she was able to keep the memories from her old model intact, or else it would've been awkward having to meet everyone else all over again.

tumblr_p9nxnnHaP41v3qowuo1_400.png

She glanced around at the park she walked herself into. No one was around, and she wanted a little breather. It's been awhile since she sang, the last time happening during that final fight. Besides, she found the quiet park calming. Stepping over to a lone bench, she caught sight of a single blooming flower.

tumblr_p9ny45Og1J1v3qowuo1_250.png

The only flower that grew in a plain park. Despite her name, she wasn't all that interested in flowers, but this was an exception. It was like she was almost mesmerized by it. Without realizing it, she saw herself reaching towards the blossoming flower, as if to pick it from the ground. But in the blink of her eyes, the flower was nowhere to be found. Strange... was her visual systems already glitching on her?

She couldn't tell, but went along with her day. She didn't want to leave the park without voicing out a song to sing once more. While she felt like singing a song of hope for the future, she didn't notice that it would be taken for something that was the opposite of hope.

-End-

Nathan moved his head from Quill's shoulder, rubbing his eyes and any tears that remained. He looked at the makeshift grave, and down, where Elliot had fallen. He exhaled deeply, before turning away and looking sadly at all the people he had enjoyed meeting; the sudden dread of returning to his regular life hung like a weight in his heart. He hugged Quill, and Emily, wishing them farewell. He gave one last wave to everyone.

Then he returned home.

He opened his eyes to find himself on his bed, his jacket and sweater on the floor, leaving him in his plain white t-shirt. Nathan stretched, his body aching as if he were hit by a truck.

He let his feet hit the cold wood floor of his bedroom, the cold shooting up his spine. A wave of sadness washing over him remembering what had just taken place, and...Elliot. He sighed, standing up and walking to the bathroom, every step reminded him of his sore body. As he reached the mirror he saw his hair dishevelled, the circles under his eyes worse and his skin pale. He sighed, before using the washroom and heading back to his own room.

He laid down for only a few moments before his door burst open.

"NATHAN!" he looked up to see his father, who had stomped up to his room when he wasn't paying attention. The man was red in the face.

"Where the fuck have you been?" the man seethed at his son, slowing waltzing over to him. He jabbed Nathan with his pointer finger.

"Where did you run off to for 2 weeks huh? You have embarrassed me for the last time," Sean Prescott threatened, putting his face close to Nathan's.

Nathan turned his head away from his father, giving a sad smirk.

he should have stayed on that stupid ship
END
@Atomic Knight

Epilogue: Kagamine Rin - Reunion
It was a few days since Kagamine Rin went back home and was she getting upset! Len had gone to a concert, which had advertised the twins there. Sure, he shouldn’t be weeping over her the entire time, but it was a few days in their world, surely he could have waited? Her messages weren’t getting across either.
Which was why she rose out of the sofa so quickly when she heard the door open.
“Oh, hey, Rin. Why shut down now of all times? Goodness, Don’t sing your heart out if you’re going to pass out for days afterwards..”
*SLAP!*
dl.php

“Len! You know how much I missed you and how stupid it was to give me such a response?! Jeez! What they told you was bull crap, sit down, I’ll tell you the true story, and listen!
A few hours later of tearfully explaining the story...
“Rin, that’s a ridiculous story, did you dream that up?”
“Ask Gakupo and Gumi about that, they’ll say the same thing mostly. But yes, you see why I missed you? One month of not seeing anyone else but the vocaloids that were with me. I could...have died.”
Rin and Len stayed quiet for a while, Len seemed to be in deep thought, before letting his feelings out, and boy was it messy.
“Ri-Rin...What if you became like Miku? Disappearing, and us never knowing the true story? Well, Miku probably didn’t end up in an adventure like that...But seriously! If you really disappeared, I wouldn’t know what to do. We’re like one soul, and I’ll hate to lose my othe-”
Rin stopped Len by hugging him cheerfully.
“Well, I’m safe now, right?”
dl.php

“...Yeah.”
END

Stardust Epilogue: Home

b17f04eca4d9415a.jpg

"Hey Kumagawa! If we meet again, let's hope it's under better circumstances." Stardust smiled, waving the strange young man's way, before turning to Emily.

"Don't overdo it, alright? Take care!" she beamed, before taking her leave. It was awkward, saying goodbye to Meiji, saying that she would have to return home to China once back in their world, but she could at least see Meiji again some time. And in the blink of an eye she was back home. She glanced around her room for a moment with a sigh. Standing, she opened the door and made her way out into the hall, where one of the engineers in the area was startled.

"Stardust!" they exclaimed, earning a smile from her.

"I'm home." she greeted. Oh, how great it felt to be back.

---------------

Meiji Gahata Epilogue: Hope

AHzvFvji_DQ.jpg

Meiji had given a quick goodbye to Emily, then a 'see you' to Stardust sat on the window sill in her room, reflecting on the adventure her and the other Vocaloids experienced. Sighing, she closed her eyes and leaned against the window. She was back to being just an Utauloid mistaken for a Vocaloid, who would likely keep getting mistaken for something she wasn't.

How could she change that? How could she make herself known as an Utauloid that was on the level of Teto? Or that she was on the level of even the best of the best Vocaloids?...Okay; likely not Miku, or Gumi, but some people out there thought she was pretty good and could even be a Vocaloid, right? Maybe she could prove herself somehow.

She didn't know how, but maybe some day she would find the answer?

Kirby's Epilogue:
An Ally Flung Back

Kirby waved goodbye to all of the friends he had made over the course of this adventure. Sage, Grif, Vert, Samus, Starscream, the Vocaloids, and more received small, knee-high hugs from the pink blob before he was whisked away back to his home world, the yellow land of Planet Popstar.

"HEY! Puffball! What are you doing back here?" a voice called out to Kirby. Quickly, he turned around and saw that the voice belonged to the self-proclaimed king of Dream Land, Dedede.

KingDedede200px.jpg

"I thought you went chasing that purple heart thing! What brought you back here?"

"Poyo! Poyo... Space.. Adventure... Poyo!" Kirby said, trying to explain what had happened in his limited vocabulary.

220px-Meta_knight_art.png

"It seems that something sent Kirby off-track out in space. Getting back home was difficult enough for him," explained Meta Knight, just arriving on the scene.

"You actually understood something out of that?"

"I may have guessed somewhat."

Kirby looked over at the horizon and saw that the Jambastion Fortress was still implanted within the crust of Popstar.

Or, rather, what was left of the fortress.

And still, purple hearts were floating about, leading off into some point in space. Kirby attempted to give chase to one of these purple hearts, but felt a hand on his head pulling him back.

"Woah there, Kirby. You think you're going after that thing alone? What if something attacks you out in space again? Not if I have anything to say about it," Dedede said, hoisting his hammer over his shoulder, "So you better make room on that warp star for two!"

"Make that three," Meta Knight added.

Kirby smiled and summoned his Warp Star. The penguin and the knight climbed aboard with him, and the trio blasted off into their own starlit night sky. They brought their own far away lights closer.

2eOMSeAfXIBO8CEwCuq5qlnjGVqW96hWutZGB6OPmJA.jpg

Misogi Kumagawa: Epilogue

fea99500b5d136a9f7d9bd783c2a9b49.jpg

「Well we had our laughs, we had our fights. But it's all just part of life, isn't it? Till next time, then.」

Kumagawa replied to Stardust, giving her a brief wave before moving to head for the way back home himself.

He returned back to his home world. It was an interesting feeling, being surrounded by recognizable scenery after spending a month on something as crazy as a space ship. Truthfully speaking, something that large scale was more Medaka's style, but he supposed getting one up on her wasn't too bad. Though in the end he had been unable to accomplish anything as usual. He didn't really save anyone. He didn't really kill anyone. There was no meaning to him having gone through all of that. Just a loser swept up in the midst of things. He made no mark on the world, his actions as futile as always.

Kumagawa sighed and scratched his head.

「And after I went all the way to space and other universes, I still can't beat Medaka-chan, huh.」

But even still, he smiled as usual.

「Once again, I couldn't win.」

Nothing went as he liked, and he never went as others liked. But that was just how the human being Misogi Kumagawa was.

Epilogue- Home, Sweet.... Detour

Peter was excited to be on his way home and for everything to be going okay. He could reunite with his team and nothing could stop him. Well- at least that was his thought before he was literally hit with a bounce when he traveled home. He fell unconscious in the strange place in between.

He awoke with a groan. "
Ugh, what happened?" He asked, looking around to see where he was, though he couldn't really see anything.

" Oh good, you are awake. I was worried you would be asleep for a long time ago. Before you ask, you are in a place in between your world right now, a kind of pocket of dimension of mine. You see, your adventure actually happened for too long in your time. You see, your girlfriend- well, let's just say that it ended well for- ugh, just know that your world is too changed for you to easily gain access back. Oh, where are my manners? I haven't introduced myself. The name's Rift, well, it's the name I prefer just as you prefer Quill."

"
So, you are saying that I can't return home?" He asked. He looked over at the mysterious being, but only saw a shaded face. He groaned and thankfully, the figure removed his hoodie.

result.jpg

" Yes, that is exactly correct. I was worried you might have been a bit slow with that concussion of yours. So, while I sort out this mess without you and a few other unfortunate souls who can't exactly return to your home with something bad happening, I found a place called Avalon. Great refuge for you and all, well- I better transport-," he said.

Quill was about to protest but before he could, he was transported to Avalon. Ugh, couldn't he just go home?

END.

Emily Hayes; Epilogue - Ignition

Emily, left with little to work with... Managed to fashion a crude, but functional gravestone; a piece of rubble, smoothed and carved into a rectangular shape. A letter 'E' was engraved, and the site overall looked something like a crude grave after she was done.

There was no telling how long it would stay there, and had the young stonekeeper had more strength in her... She would have tried to carve a proper epitaph on the stone she had fashioned.

For now though, she settled with at least saying something; parting words... Perhaps, hoping that somewhere, somehow, Elliot might hear her. Taking note of the little note Starscream left him, Emily carefully left it pinned underneath his gravestone, for the moment none the wiser to his hidden glee at the boy's demise.

"Elliot. I don't know where you are... Or if you can hear me, but... I'm proud of you." She started, pausing a little as she looked over to the pit where Elliot had fallen, a sad smile crossing her face.

"Despite your... Flaws, and our differences, back there... I saw something I don't think even you did in that moment; you were willing to help someone... Care for someone. In that moment, I saw something more than just a grab for power... I only wish I could have helped you do more things like that..." A wistfull look crossed her face as she spoke, her eyes seeming to glaze over for a moment.

"You remind me a little of someone I used to know... And I only hope you will find the peace he never could... Wherever you are..." She finished, quietly wiping away the few tears that managed to leak through despite her best efforts to fight them off.

Her mother had told her once that those who die return to the stars, where they once came from... Living in the sky above them, waiting for the day they could join them. Although she was much younger at the time than she was now, she wasn't sure if she ever fully believed that. Her mom was naturally trying to comfort her, but given what she knew now, she wasn't so sure if things were that easy.

Max Griffin was the name of the boy she had met once... A shadow of his former self, he had been given a second chance at life when he allowed himself to become a pawn for his stone... Wreaking havock and destruction upon Alledia in a desperate attempt to seek vengeance against all those that had wronged her... And taken the one he had held dear to him from him.

Emily wasn't so sure Elliot would be granted a second chance, nor that he would shy away from starting down a similar path... But if somehow... Somewhere, the older boy still lived, she swore she would find him... And help change the course he would have likely set himself upon at that moment.

She just hoped that if he was alive... And it did come to that... It wouldn't be too late...

Not long after her little Eulogy so to speak, she joined the others as they waited for the ship that would take them home, making sure to thank Revan, Rex, and the others for their help.

It seemed their journey was finally over, at least for now.

Emily spent the month she had at the Federation's version of Earth, and although the disappearance of the ARK did worry her... She wasn't sure what else she could do at the moment. Though, what she did do was try and familiarize herself with her surroundings as much as possible, as well as reprise her Euology when an official vigil was held for the lost crew members as well as Elliot himself. Naturally there was more added to her initial euology, to honor the sacrifice of all those who didn't make it, alongside Elliot.

She also provided as much assistance as she could with helping locate their respective home worlds, so that they may be sent home in due time, and when the time came... Followed suit along with the other displaced ones who had survived.

Before she turned to leave, she gave those that still remained for now one last wave, and a few parting words.

"If you ever need my help... And you are able to; call on me. I don't believe the troubles here will be completely over, and I will do what I can... But for now, I have to go. There are things at home that I must tend do." She said, feeling a little guilty about leaving.

But... Nonetheless, Emily was well aware she couldn't stay; she had a duty as a Stonekeeper, one she had accepted when she decided to become part of the last council, and she would fulfill it, no matter what.

"Do you know what happens when stonekeepers lose control of their powers?"

"Yes. I have witnessed it happen. Have you?"

"I was much younger, working on the family farm, where we bred stormbirds for the Elf Army's war efforts"

"Four generations of my family were raised on the farm, and we were all experts at breeding and training the birds."

"We understood they were being used as weapons of war, but they also rarely saw combat. And neither did we."

"Until the night the war arrived at our doorstep."

"A stonekeeper lost control and grew to enormous size."

"As the figure approached, it appeared to be on fire. Growing. Burning... Like a terrible firestorm taking the shape of a man."

"The Stonekeeper destroyed everything. Killed our birds. Left us with nothing."

"I have hated your kind since."

"Then why are you helping us?"

"Because I now believe that we may be after the same thing. That perhaps you are as much a victim of the stone's power as I am."

"I spent years studying his life, trying to figure out why it happened."

"I wanted to know how such monsters were created. I wanted to know, so I could stop them."

"I discovered he was a good kid, but very quiet. Most people did not even realize he was a stonekeeper."

"Those who knew him said he found the stone in the woods by pure chance."

"But I don't think it was a chance. I don't think it was an accident."

"You believe the stone found him."

"It knew who was most vulnerable to its power. It knew who it could turn to its side."

The transport process itself was almost instantaneous, but as she began to arrive at home... Where she was before she was taken away, Emily could feel the heat she had felt when she first arrived. A blinding, burning feeling, starting from her chest, where her stone was... Quickly spreading throughout her entire body, until her mind went blank... Consumed by feelings of rage... Anger... Desperation... And most of all, a sense of loss... Loss of control over her own mind and body.

It was then that she remembered what had lead up to this; her. In a way, what had happened was her fault.

She and Trellis, one of the last stonekeepers... And the true heir to the Elven throne had sought memories stolen from him long ago, memories that would reveal something important to the future of Alledia.

iDhsDAg.png

Lead by an ex-assassin, they were carried, by the way of submarine to a large, alien ship he had apparently taken residence in underwater. It possessed technology beyond anything Alledia could offer, and apparently produced a similar signal to a mother stone. Had it not been for the war that broke out with the Elves, this ship might have been the center of attention of Cielis, but alas, it was forgotten.

What they were searching for was a specific memory cube, and somewhere in that ship, allowed for one to display the contents of such a cube, and stonekeepers to enter these 'stolen' memories through the void. This was how Emily, and Trellis, the Elf prince (perhaps king to be) intended to access the memories the former had been lacking, to learn what they needed to combat an emerging threat.

Accessing his memories, it turns out that this emerging threat, known simply as 'the shadows' were in fact extra terrestrial beings... Having already permeated the Elfen kingdom of Gulfen, they sent a much larger invasion force, in hopes of claiming Alledia for their own, fleeing their dying planet in the process.

However... On their way back out of the void, Emily fell into a trap; her stone sabotaged her... Allowing her to succumb to the same temptations she had fought so hard to overcome.

It was there, that she lost control of her stone... And by extension, herself, giving in at last to the voice... Thanks to the homefield advantage it had over her, there in the void.

FjDGpZF.png

Her body shifted and changed... But instead of a burning giant, she became a massive firebird, and from there... Everything went blank for Emily; she no longer had any say in her actions... And was barely conscious of what was happening in her present state, but yet... Somewhere inside, she was still there... Still fighting...

Perhaps it was for the best that her excursion to another Universe had left her without memory of her failure here; it was doubtfull she could have been sound of mind in a state like that.

But now that she was home... She would have to give it her all... Wrest control of her own stone... Somehow.

"Stonekeeper, I am so pleased to have you by my side..."

"My masters have asked me to prepare this planet for their arrival. They plan to make Alledia their new home."

"You are going to be an important part of that plan... I hope you understand."

"There will not be enough room for Alledia's current inhabitants. That means your friends and family will need to be removed."

"I won't be the one to do it. It'll be you."

"Don't take this personally... My masters have a great deal of respect for the people of Alledia."

"Everyone is after the same thing, after all: we just want a place to call home."

It was just then that Emily felt her body moving... And at this point, it was difficult to tell where she was... Whether it be the void, or Alledia, just that she still felt that familiar, dreaded heat around her body.

She felt herself taking flight, and suddenly... Her vision returned to her just in time to see a spaceship launching into Alledia's sky, and it was growing closer... Closer.

Deep down, she knew who the occupants of that ship were; her family... Mom... Navin... And who knows how many others.

She was about to do the unthinkable... She was about to kill them...

With one, last effort, she tried to shout... Though she could do more than shout mentally, crying out in a desperate attempt to help.

"Someone... Anyone... Help me!"

ayFlY1H.png

End(?): Adrift

Epilogue Addendum
"Echoes of the Past"

Elliot had no need for companionship. No need for self-doubt. All he needed was right here at his fingertips.

The latest experiments had been a resounding success. The virtual reality world and the copies Elliot had created were working well beyond initial hopes. The Eden project, manufactured from the ARK, was a perfect observation setting for viewing the powers of other beings. Elliot had found it tedious and difficult to experiment on powered individuals blindly, so observing them over an indefinite period of time while testing the constraints of their abilities made extracting their powers that much easier.

There was a flash of light in the control room as Elliot pressed the input code; it was just a simple surge of energy as the computer interpreted his commands. Soon, the subject would react, allowing for some valuable data to be gathered.

Subjects were easy to come by when you had the resources Elliot did. Of course, he had Revan to thank, but Elliot knew Revan would be nowhere without him. Elliot had, so far, transferred the Reapers to key locations across the multiverse, not to attack blindly, but to grab those with unique abilities to him. At first, he had just transferred copies of people into virtual reality, but the observation became so much more after Elliot had begun plugging actual bodies into his devices.

It was all very secluded, of course. No one would find him on this backwater apocalyptic planet in a universe no one probably cared about. Elliot had even found other virtual reality machines in some kind of vault that he had refurbished with technology from the ARK.

The latest project was a boy named Roxas, a curious case of a virtual intelligence that gained a personality and a virtual ability set based on the memories of organic beings. Elliot had acquired Roxas through Revan and had placed him in Eden not long ago, having observed him since. Roxas had become a thinking, reasoning, fully realized being without the need to have been copied from a human template first. Studying how the boy worked in Eden had done a lot toward helping Elliot create smarter intelligences inside Eden from scratch.

Perhaps the most interesting aspect of Roxas was his ability to feel pain. It was likely just simulated pain caused by him being based on a real individual, yet it somehow even activated when Elliot poked and prodded at his code. The strain had caused instability in the AI similar to which Elliot had observed when he was in the ARK, leading him to believe Roxas would eventually become corrupt from the experiments. It didn’t really matter to Elliot, for the being wasn’t even real and it was all in the name of advancement anyway.

Elliot watched Roxas on a monitor as the boy doubled over in pain. As of now, the implants Elliot had designed took Roxas’ powers directly to apply them to Elliot. They would no longer be viable once Roxas was corrupted, so Elliot needed to design implants that took the powers permanently, long after the Roxas AI was gone. The former would not do for Elliot personally, but Revan was at least content with it. Elliot had no real care for what Revan wanted from the ability to extract power from others, but Elliot did not relish needing a live captive to maintain the power. What he needed was a breakthrough to take the power completely from a being, then being able to dispose of them afterward.

Despite the setbacks, it wasn’t lost on Elliot how far he had come since Columbia. Before, when he was trapped in that tower, he hadn’t even had the means to escape on his own. It had been a freak accident, as far as Elliot could gather, that allowed him to be free. An explosion that wasn’t meant to happen, or maybe it had been meant to happen, and now this was where Elliot was fated to be. Soon, he would have more power than anyone, and no one would be able to make him feel small ever again. He was already practically there, just a little more now.

Just a little more.

An alert on the monitor beeped, signaling to Elliot that Revan was trying to contact him. He found it odd after Revan had left him alone for a while now. He had considered cutting all ties with Revan now that he had all he really needed, but he wondered if Revan could still be useful to him. After a moment of hesitation, he patched the man through.

fFReoBr.jpg

“You mentioned you were upset with the current limits of your implants?” the masked man asked, his imposing form now on the screen. “Just your luck, I have gathered intel on an individual who you may find useful. His name is Jeffrey, and he will be attending an event at a known facility…”

As Revan continued to explain, Elliot smiled. Perhaps it was not a bad idea to keep working with Revan after all.

s2Fv3FU.jpg

Kyosuke Munakata had never been one to venture outside his home universe, largely for the reason there was just so much to do at the Future Foundation headquarters, though partly because he felt content with his current purview. He left the Coalition with others to deal with and if there was ever a need to see someone from another dimension, it was not so difficult for Kyosuke to arrange that they came to him. In this current matter, however, Kyosuke had not had the luxury of choice.

The organization known as S.H.I.E.L.D. had been a reclusive one for about as long as they had been a part of multiversal conflicts. The Coalition had come to learn of their role during the Crossed Incident, but the group had declined all offers to speak with the Coalition. As far as Kyosuke had learned recently, this was an attempt by S.H.I.E.L.D. to keep their home universe safe after the initial incidents they had become involved in, though unfortunately, that had come at the expense of the Future Foundation and Coalition not learning about the events involving Diablo until far after its conclusion.

S.H.I.E.L.D. had come to join forces with ODMA, perhaps unsatisfied with keeping to themselves and thus allowed the Coalition to meet with them. Kyosuke had decided that he himself should speak with their representative considering the recent troubles facing the Coalition’s leadership. However, S.H.I.E.L.D. had requested that Kyosuke come to them, thus forcing the Ultimate Leader’s hand. Coordinates sent to him had transported him to a private jet that was on its way to the planned meeting spot. This meeting spot turned out to be quite a surprise to Kyosuke when he realized it was what he could only describe as some kind of flying fortress.

Kyosuke faced a few security checks upon boarding the helicarrier (or so they called it) and was soon brought to the office of a man that Kyosuke had been eager to meet, just for the opportunity to size him up. When the man turned from his desk, sporting an eyepatch and giving Kyosuke a no-nonsense look, he knew this was not the kind of man who would tolerate an ounce of unreliability.

JSexk4R.png

“So,” said the man, who Kyosuke had learned was named Nick Fury, “help me out, are you with this Coalition, or not?”

Kyosuke crossed his arms and said, “not officially. But I represent them for the purposes of this meeting, which is largely for the both of to get a sense of where we stand. You, as an ally of ODMA, and the Coalition who must adhere to ODMA’s policies and conditions.”

“Sounds like they're in control,” said Fury, looking a tad amused. Perhaps he thought he was above the Coalition as a result of this peculiar arrangement. Kyosuke would have to correct such a thought.

“The Coalition act essentially as a military force, even if the group is not very traditional. The Future Foundation, who founded the Coalition, allowed the United Nations to reign in the group following the defeat of the Arch Demon. At some point, there would be those who objected to a group designed to take out threats to have no one keeping them in check. Despair and malevolence still ran rampant, so we could not simply disband the group. Instead, there had to be a compromise, but that does not make the Coalition any less powerful."

Nick Fury nodded at this. He let out a deep breath and leaned casually back against his desk, looking down in thought.

“Clearly you’re proud of this group,” he said, causing Kyosuke to bristle. This man thought he was proud? Perhaps he was, though he knew he could not claim credit for all the good the Coalition had done, despite having a hand in its creation. Though, by that same reasoning, he thankfully could also distance himself from the blunders the group had allowed.

“Perhaps,” was all Kyosuke had to say about that. “Regardless, we see new groups with the means to impact the multiverse both good and bad pop up from time to time and it is very important that those of us who strive to combat despair come together to reach certain agreements. Your recent emergence as an ally to ODMA has accomplished that.”

“... Right.”

Fury coughed and did not speak for a moment. Kyosuke felt as if the man hadn’t exactly liked what he just heard. Still, Kyosuke let the silence fill the room, for he had nothing more to say until Fury gave his thoughts. It took just a moment longer, but eventually, he spoke again.

“S.H.I.E.L.D. isn’t interested in whatever the hell you’re doing, not as long as it doesn’t involve us. We’re working with ODMA for our own benefit, not theirs. They know this, but I suppose they share your sentiments of wanting us where they can see us.” Kyosuke could sense the edge in his voice, but stayed silent. “You won’t have to worry,” Fury continued, “your directives work with us. And we’ll work with you, as long as it's convenient.”

Fair enough, as far as Kyosuke was concerned. As long as S.H.I.E.L.D. kept to themselves, there would be no conflict.

“Very well,” he said, “but there’s another matter to be resolved. I wanted to inquire into the Tesseract. Its uniqueness as an energy source has faltered, but it is still a possible threat in the wrong hands. I trust your group has it as secure as possible.”

The Tesseract had been stolen from S.H.I.E.L.D. before and used to power devices that brought people to and from different universes. It was a concerning problem, however, new technology had been found and refined that accomplished much the same, making the Tesseract less of an issue. Still, one never knew what one could truly make possible with enough power at their disposal.

“We do,” Fury said, sounding dismissive. He physically waved as if the matter was not even worth talking about. “No one is getting their hands on that damn Tesseract again! Besides, since then, we learned the Tesseract doesn’t even work outside our universe. It’s not likely to matter shit-all at this point.”

“... Is that so, huh?” Kyosuke found that less-than surprising. A grand number of technologies and matter didn’t function outside their own universes, after all. However, this did cause a certain paradox to arise when Kyosuke thought about it. Their understanding of the Tesseract up to this point was that it had solely been the key that allowed Umbrella and Albert Wesker to start their villainous efforts, but now something did not add up.

“Then tell me, how did Umbrella enter your universe in order to steal the Tesseract? After all, they were powerless without it. We thought that, perhaps, an anomaly had brought the device to them. While that is not the best theory, this new information makes that a complete impossibility. We know the Arch Demon did not assist them, so how did they cross the universal border?”

“Is that something you expect me to know?” Fury asked. “Wasn’t that supposed to be something you should know?”

Perhaps ODMA had already known this information and did not pass it on. Maybe they had their own theories. Kyosuke would have to inquire further, but still…

“This is… troubling. It is like a pocket of despair that has been left fester. It means that a third party not only possessed the means to cross universes but assisted Umbrella in crossing into yours in order for them to steal the Tesseract.”

Essentially, that itself had started everything. Could they really have missed something like that for so long, or was there more to it? What else could they have possibly missed?

Kyosuke clenched his hands into fists, feeling as if something animal was filling him up inside. Despair was like a disease, and Kyosuke knew he had to be the blade that cut it down, now and forever.

“Nick Fury, you have given me a lot to think on.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back