Favourite characters to play?

The King Of Rats

An open book, not the best written, but still open
So I was lying in bed, trying to think of things to post so I could get approved faster and start work on some character sheets and thought "Ah characters!" So what characters do you like to roleplay? I've said in my intro that I like playing child characters and more "evil" characters, like pirates or bandits. Reason being they can offer different outlooks on a situation, a child might offer a more optimistic of innocent outlook where as a pirate or bandit might offer a more self centred or cruel view.

So what about you?

I like to play fabulously minded characters.

That, or determinators. Stubborn determinators with hearts of gold who want to make the world a better place, if simply because there are so many people who play the "edgymcedgelord" role that I normally have to offset them before they cut themselves on it.

I don't know if this really counts, but I like them to be tall.
Most all of my muses are at least above average on their race height charts, so even the smallest of them is still of a decent height in comparison to their own. I have a fixation with always needing to be closer to the sun and likely to walk into beams in houses that were not built for them.
I enjoy flawed characters more than anything else.

I've recently been getting into LARPing and I've found that Jason Voorhees is a fun character to LARP as.

As for RPing? I like to play characters like Light Yagami.

When I started out it was usually young girls with plenty of sass and attitude. I always loved to see the interactions with adults where they absolutely didn't expect my character to be so mouthy and mature. Perfect example: Ellie from The Last of Us :^)

I always enjoy playing as the brute when I RP. Probably because I'm 5'10 and weight 260 lbs, it makes me feel big for obvious reasons, and as a personal fantasy, I've always wanted to be a strongman and a tough guy.

hmm, thats a good question. My tastes tend to change depending on the character I create. but most of the time its someone that can be a bit explosive, loud and acts different then he/she looks, for example, a boy next door type that curses a lot and gets into fights or a gang looking guy that acts like the nicest guy you can meet :) then there is also the flamboyant impulsive type, it just really depends how well I can RP them or how much 'work' I put into creating them.

I'm a girl, and for some reason, I have always enjoyed playing bad boys the most. There are different variations of this bad boy, of course. I really enjoy playing the unstable, conflicted type. The criminal with a heart of gold is fun, too. A bad boy can be so much. Evil and murderous, or maybe he's just your average a-hole. The great and feared king that isn't just what he seems... I must have a complex of some sort. lol

Oh! I have to second flawed characters! But mine's more of playing characters that have some serious setbacks, especially when it comes to skills/abilities. Like say for example, an enhanced human being that has trouble controlling their strength/speed, someone who can control electricity but can't generate their own nor are they immune to being shocked when not paying attention, a character who can raise the dead but only for five minutes, stuff like that.

I also have to second the tall character bit - I'm an extremely short person, so I'm like letting my characters live out the life that I will never have. That is, never having to drag around a chair/steps around the house because I can't reach for things, never having to ask strangers to get me something from a high shelf, yknow.

Another type of character that I like playing is the one who'd die to get a mission complete, even sacrifice lives to get that job done. The type to snitch on someone if they jeopardize a mission. Yeah, I've made and played a couple of those.

• I'm a big fan of the quiet and mysterious type. Because I'm an edge lord, those always are my favorite. I really do like edgy and violent characters. But on occasions, I'm a sucker for the loud, charming idiot.

So I was lying in bed, trying to think of things to post so I could get approved faster and start work on some character sheets and thought "Ah characters!" So what characters do you like to roleplay? I've said in my intro that I like playing child characters and more "evil" characters, like pirates or bandits. Reason being they can offer different outlooks on a situation, a child might offer a more optimistic of innocent outlook where as a pirate or bandit might offer a more self centred or cruel view.

So what about you?
I prefer psychopaths myself. I've always had a fondness for villain characters, the pure cliche evil, the fall from good, becoming a monster, I love villains that used to have a humanity to them, but somehow, that humanity is stripped away and what's left is just a shell of a human being.

What compassion and empathy he/she may have had before is nothing but hate, anger and madness.

A good example is Venom. Eddy Brock was a good kid, good photographer, a guy just trying to get the scope and perhaps even best Peter Parker. But all of that was taken from him and he was embarrassed, fired from his job and put in the damn gutter. Then when the symbiote finds him and senses that same hatred for Peter, the two become one and Venom is born. A pure opposite of Spider-man, all black, monstrous face, muscular tank like body, and uses his powers for the most selfish of reasons.

Hm, it's a tough one, to be honest. Most of the time, I'm attracted to determined characters, be it from the start, or through development (Say, certain situation induces them to not give up at all costs, someone inspires/teaches them so, etc). Berserk played a great role on this for me: Watching Guts walk out of desperate battles, shrug off severe injuries and basically defy fate itself given all that happens to him and those who he cares about always made my tear ducts leak rivers.

That, and intelligent characters. Witty and quick-thinking people included. Not exactly restricted to scientists and people of academic knowledge in general, of course. Thanks to Colonel Mustang from Fullmetal Alchemist and Tyrion Lannister from A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones, characters who develop extraordinarily simple yet effective schemes to benefit their goals or outsmart their enemies have earned a special spot in my heart.

I'm not sure yet. I think it all depends on my mood. I guess I prefer the lighter hearted and less serious characters over the more serious ones with a lot of blood lust. Though I'm fond of creating villains in the RP that are not so light hearted to pursue the good character.

I like playing my characters with magic powers, but outside of that preference, I seem to like playing the wise person who knows everything, espically when they are asocial or just plain rude.

But in dark fics, I like playing as innocent characters, becuase I like seeing them broken and helpless, it’s just a thing I like, It, I don’t know, turns me on maybe?

I often play a variety of characters in RPs, though my favourites are Villains and Heroes with a dark side to them.

Villains are enjoyable in many forms to be honest, though I quite like to ham it up wherever possible, I just like playing the evil ones. Heroes, I enjoy being good, helping the innocent, stopping the bad guys, you know the drill. However, them having to do all of that, while repelling a malicious force or living entity that inhabits them? Oh yes, that'll do me. :p

I don't feel I'm the best at humour, so I stick to more serious characters but not overly serious, they'll still crack a smile or two. lol

Looking back, I’ve played a wide variety wiry, but they tend to be females who are usually timid teens or blindly faithful hearts of gold. Also I noticed that I have two characters whose bodies are covered in “strange rune like symbols.” Huh. I guess I like them as sort of opposites of each other. I am trying to start to play more males and other kinds of personalities though.

I used to play the dude with the tragic past. That was my "thing." I've played that for so long though, that I've kinda grown bored of it. I like characters that challenge me to think differently about how I write. My most recent favorite character was a tentacle monster/demon. It was totally a smut rp, but for some reason I went all out on the backstory and everything for this tentacle monster demon dude, and it was great. Now I'm sad I'll probably never get a chance to reuse it.

I play an old ex-sailor with a limp and some kids as often as possible, just because it's funny to see the contrast between the guy who has trouble walking and the common magical all powerful person most people play.

Back