Favourite characters to play?

I think my favorite character would be a Dark Elf OC of mine, on the one hand, she's a skilled, fast fighter with lycanthropy, on the other hand, she's absolutely insane, eats mysterious pills like candy because she hopes it will be exciting, drinks like a fish, ended up taking a young girl on as her protege and adopted niece but the adventures they went on were so traumatizing that the girl's hair turned white, and has a harem of husbandos (or Boys as she calls them) she likes. I've been able to somehow get her into many roleplays, including a Harry Potter roleplay where she was a professor, a Pokemon roleplay where her team was obviously her Boys all transformed, and untold numbers of fantasy roleplays.

I mostly like her because writing chaos incarnate is fun, but also in real life, I'm a shy anxiety prone wreck who cries over every minor embarrassing thing and who can't jog a block without having an as asthma attack. So yeah, being able to play as someone who doesn't care is fun.

My favorite type of character to play is the underdog. Someone who wants to be a hero but everyone looks down on them. But then, in the end, they become what they dream of becoming.

I tend to have a manic-pixie dream girl.. that I try to turn into the opposite as time goes on. That and some form of chaotic evil. Sort of like her counter part, but usually in the end they turn out to be quite similar.

I play mostly male characters. My favorite though is the quiet types (actions speak louder than words). Also, guys with horrible attitudes.

There are two basic personalities that I enjoy roleplaying (not really limited to position/gender/plot). The first one is an insecure optimist and the second is a reserved leader. Obviously, I have more traits depending on the character I end up making and the setting I find myself in. These are (somehow) what personalities burn down to whenever I make characters for RPs. I am trying to expand the type of characters I roleplay, though. :)

I love playing egotistical characters as it's often very fun to detail out them learning they're not the top dog anymore. Examples of this would be Zamasu, Goku Black, and Merged Zamasu(psst they're all the same dude~).

Generally, I prefer to play females. I can't seem to get guys 'right'.
I have one I love that unfortunately doesn't get used very often: a young woman with a slightly more reserved demeanor, but can still handle herself, sort of like a slightly calmer Princess Leia. That sort of personality is usually used for some sort of emissary. I don't know why, but I'm just drawn to writing that.
But typically, I do believe it depends on the RP for me. I'll have to check and see if I fall into any patterns. It's been a while lol.

It really depends on the world and how comfortable my Rp partner is but. My range of liking to play characters goes for the childlike airhead motherly character and the demented villain characters. or anything in between. Something I like to give all my characters is the passion and the determination to do anything to protect their family. even if that character is an evil villain.

I'm more into the shy, quiet, disabled, submissive.

But I can also RP as the outgoing, loud, energetic type or even a mix of both which I find it fun to play as a little bit of everything and then the simplic type as well

I like to play witty character's, even when everyone is feeling like all hope is lost or they're not gonna win a battle or something. My OC'S almost always try and cheer them up by saying something funny. Although sometimes that gets them punched when its just 'not the time.' My character is always making jokes :p.

I've always had a soft spot for the evidently mundane character in the midst of extraordinary circumstances who maybe isn't a great fighter, doesn't have some amazing power, isn't 'special' in any way but gets by on pure guts and determination. The character who gets the hell beat out of 'em but gets back up every time because they're just that determined.

Obviously that's not the only type of character I write and I like to flatter myself by saying I'm varied, but it's an archetype that manages to crop up in a lot of stuff I write.

I don't think I have a particular favourite as they are all quite unique, but I have noticed my female characters are strong types. I have little interest in playing the damsel in distress.

I love playing characters that have hidden personalities. Like those who are distrustful and cold at first but gradually relax and become like a whole new person.
I distinguish all my characters by -dere types, so mostly himederes, tsunderes, kuuderes, and the occasional yandere. Often once they find their love, they become much sweeter and occasionally change -deres all together, to maybe a deredere or yeredere.
Sorry if that doesn't make sense

Edit: Oh yeah also people that just go absolutely insane as a result of trauma or mental illness. those are fun

I love either playing characters who pose and hide dark intentions or ones who are bashful and clumsy.

Villains! Sociopaths, witches, monsters, vampires, despotic tyrants, heroes turned evil, anti-villains, the list goes on. I get BORED of being the good guy, unless you're in a story where being good means survival. I'd rather be a villain who does a few good things here or there than be some glorified knight in shining armor, (despite I like Warhammer, but even in there your knights are jerks.) Antagonists are my jam.

Back