Favourite Songs and Genres?

Kin no Keifu

Genealogy of Gold
Salutations, readers. Lately I've noticed that my friends' preferred songs are headache-inducingly sweet and usually of the bubblegum pop subgenre. They seem to balk at my newest songs and generally avoid my choices. I suppose this is due to very different styles? It's hard to tell with one of them in particular. Anyway, I wanted to know what other music existed out there, having been recently introduced to RnB, scat, and heavy metal-rap-rock. So I decided to do this.

What are your favourite songs and genres/subgenres? I prefer Vocaloid and more upbeat classical or electronic types of songs, especially the ones with darker storylines written into the lyrics. My current favourite is Aka to Shiro to Kuro no Keifu, a twisted version of Snow White condensed into about three minutes of music.

My current genre is depressing acoustic indie stuff that even I think is whiney and annoying, yet listen to anyways, because it's strangely, like, addictive. I don't know. It's all very depressing.

Also, DREAMERS. I don't know how I'd classify them, genre wise (I'm typically really bad at that).

I also like Garage Punk music.

My tastes are too eclectic and varied for me to peg what genres are actually my favorites. I just go along with the things that sound good to me, but I do like to relax a lot with jazz, hip-hop, and a lot of ambient music. Nujabes, DJ Okawari, Tokimonsta, DJ Krush, come to mind. I also like instrumental themed music so I go for Oriental playlists if I'm in a writing or want that peace of mind. Yet I can also listen to symphonic metal, alt. rock, alt. metal, hard rock, etc? o.o I just really like a lot of music if it suits my moods and needs at the time.

60-80's rock, Metal (especialy Symph metal), industrial, any combo of the three. Those are my favs. Techno sometimes, but more for "mood-music" during meditation or sex.

i have a lot of favourites, though i cant shake the feeling my tastes are probably a little unique and unusual
(before you ask, i have not read homestuck, i just like the music)

i do not actually have any particular favourite genre, though i do find string instruments beautifully haunting

RnB, and Jazz are my primary listening genres. I'm not a electro-pop guy, to be honest. I just don't have a feel for it.

Electronic, hard rock, dubstep, dance, 80's , 90's, and today, classic country, metal, I used to love Nightcore but not so much anymore, enigma, nightwish, enya, lorde, evanescence, skillet, etc. I listen to almost everything, so deciding my "favorite" music is more along the lines of "do you like or hate this particular song?"

I've really liked Billy Joel since I was a kid. While 'New York State of Mind' and 'Piano Man' are good, my favorite song of his is 'Vienna'.

I've always been a big fan of a Country music. I enjoy listening to the bands that have a good beat, yet never miss the good ol' acoustic guitar!

Oh, I love very experimental music, Vocaloid and anything with a bit of electric boost to it. Of course, I also love the band Glass animals and anything that falls under their genre of music.

I'm very varied. I love CHVRCHES, Madeon, and Porter Robinson, but I also love Foo Fighters, Muse, and The Doors. I love Goldfrapp, Tori Amos, and Kate Bush, but I also love Debussy, Chopin, and Beethoven.

Not much into hip-hop, rap, country, or seriously heavy rock. There might be some tracks that interest me, but not usually. Other than that, I'm generally fair game.

I'm very varied. I love CHVRCHES, Madeon, and Porter Robinson, but I also love Foo Fighters, Muse, and The Doors. I love Goldfrapp, Tori Amos, and Kate Bush, but I also love Debussy, Chopin, and Beethoven.

Not much into hip-hop, rap, country, or seriously heavy rock. There might be some tracks that interest me, but not usually. Other than that, I'm generally fair game.

I sing Kate Bush's Wuthering Heights...only I sing it like this girl:

I am an old school hard rock and metalhead. My typical MP3 playlist will include Slayer, Pantera, Alice in Chains, Otep, MegaDeth, G'n'R, Motley Crue, NIN, AC/DC, Black Label Society, Motorhead, Ozzy, Sabbath, Testament, Malmsteen, Nightwish, Arch Enemy, GWAR, Crucified Barbara, Stabbing Westward, and so forth.

Last edited:
I grew up on all kinds of music and genres and can't really pin down a favorite. This video is probably the closest though, as it's a song I never really tire of.

Work, Jars of Clay.

I like many bands/songs from the genre of Rock/All Types-70s to now, Classical, and Instrumental/Folk.

Five Finger Death Punch, my favorite band.

Blues Rock, great for just relaxing.

Back