Status
Not open for further replies.
Chapter 4 - Six feet under

Meanwhile multiple universes away in the world of Terca Lumireis a world of technology and fantasy. The second Coalition group was informed that Celsius, one of the Great Spirits, had sought refuge in this world with Revanchist in hot pursuit. This meant that the Coalition needed to follow quickly after to ensure that they found the Great Spirit before the enemy.

Using one of their portals the group would travel through and find themselves on the outskirts of a massive city.

Jude Mathis sighed, feeling exhausted. He had spent the last couple of hours tending to the wounded fighting the Revanchist forces and was only here now to fill in for a couple of the fallen fighters. As much as he wanted to be treating others right now, he couldn’t say he minded working alongside Milla Maxwell. He looked at her among the group and stared for a moment. There was a small smile on his face as he then looked up to take in the newest locale, a grand city called Zaphias located in a world that most members of the group would have described as "rustic," though Jude felt it wasn’t too unlike his own homeworld.

QfyVrGpu7GviGTj2xteq6Wpa-OFglSqUoIN2kKCMkYu9lYlZt0a0RKWkLwpgQyfhKCnMg36LJp5qj5t3OCeEASDsFDe2XABoW8TgjXh6ltld6ThKS4gqtFGv-o8tgjvn8mDIYDo3

This world was in the midst of a medieval era, but magic was intriguingly ripe all throughout. Each city had once been protected by huge barriers that warded off the beasts lurking outside the walls. Some kind of global event had occurred and deactivated the barriers and the other ancient technologies about a year past, but the people of this world had rapidly been moving forward, reminding Jude of the quick technological advances made in his homeworld of Rieze Maxia.

The group had arrived in front of a water fountain, a lone statue in a sea of civilians minding their own daily business. Though it was no longer working as a barrier, the giant towering structure at the city's center was still an amazing display that stood among the most awe-inspiring Jude had ever seen.

Wanda Maximoff, also known as the superhero the Scarlet Witch looked at the massive city before them. “We need to be careful not to disturb the locals, from what I’ve understood from reports the entire world has been part of an event that has changed their way of living and they are still adjusting. Once we reach the city we should split up into two teams to try and gather as much information we can get. Rumors, reports about mysterious armies, anything that might help us locate Celsius before Revanchist does.”

“Oh is that all?” Bayonetta strutted up to Wanda with a smile on her face. “That should be easy enough, Luv. Though I’m not so sure how inconspicuous we are going to be. Despite the grand city in front of us this place does look a bit, backwater don’t you say?”

“It’s not up to us to judge these worlds,”
Wanda replied firmly. “A lot hangs on us right now and we need to do everything to succeed.”

"Can't judge a book by its cover," Jack said, looking around at the city before them. "I've been whooped by folks half my size."

"Even so, if you need information, I'm your man." Cu Chulainn, who'd tagged along at the…"request" of his Master, winked at the group. "Say the word and I can learn whatever you need without anyone catching wise."

“I still can’t fathom I’d be this far from home, and yet still be working with a Heroic Spirit,” Riesbyfe commented idly. The Shield Knight and the Servant hailed from the same approximate universe; back before she had been whisked away from home even, Riesbyfe still knew of what the Holy Grail War was. What mage didn’t? But of course, all of that was relatively irrelevant when faced with their immediate mission.

“In any case, we should get moving. Any ideas on where we ought to start, Ms. Wanda?” The silver-haired knight inquired.

Wanda nodded. “Yes, let’s continue on and try to find something that can help us.” Listening on slightly to the locals they could hear that the city was split into three parts. One for the lowborn of the city where they were now, Midtown for the middle class and that of the Nobel quarters.

“May I give a suggestion,” Bayonetta replied. "We’d no doubt cover more ground if we split up into two teams to gather information. One group stays here and the other goes to the noble quarters. Both the poor and the rich usually talk about different things after. Once we have exhausted both options we'll rendezvous in Midtown and compare notes.”

“That doesn’t sound like a bad idea,” Wanda agreed. “Now we just have to decide who goes where.” She turned to the rest of the group to see what plans they had to gather up information. One group would stay in Lowtown to gather information while the other group would head to the Noble quarters to investigate.

Character List

@Jackythejack as Austin Powers and Rawr (Fallout OC)
@Crow as Ben Tennyson [Ben 10] and Cagliostro [Granblue Fantasy]
@HealThyWounds as Captain Alonso de Entrerríos (Ministerio Del Tiempo) and André Merlaux (Au service de la France)
@Takumi as Chise Hatori [The Ancient Magus Bride] and Shigure [Fire Emblem]
@Minerva as Corrin [Fire Emblem] and Cordelia [Fire Emblem]
@Crunch as Deoxys [Pokemon] and Titus [Warhammer]
@Krieg as Dr. Strange [Marvel] and Karl Franz I [Warhammer]
@Josh as Ellis [Left 4 Dead] and Clark Kent/Kal El [Smallville]
@Jeremi as Frank Castle AKA "The Rider" [Marvel] and Bayonetta [Bayonetta]
@Glostechk as Ilse Althaus Brandt [Original Character] and Aya Drevis [Mad Father]
@Crimson Spartan as Keaton [Fire Emblem] and Lon'qu [Fire Emblem]
@amwexia as Little My (Moomin) and Foo Fighters (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)

@Alex Azure as Mason Moretti [Original Character] and Macy Moretti [Original Character]
@Sark as Midnighter [Wildstorm] and Guy Gardener [DC]
@York as Reiner Braun [Attack on Titan] and Schala Zeal [Chrono Trigger]
@Gummi Bunnies as Rinato "Rin" Dormi AKA "Lapis Lazuli" [Original Character] and Goro Majima [Yakuza]
@Yun Lee as Severa [Fire Emblem] and Jack [Street Fighter]
@Space_Candy as Quentin Smith [Dead by Daylight]
@MelodyMeister as Katherine "Kitty" Langley [Original Character] and Reimu Hakurei [Touhou Project]
@Kaykay as Shirou Yusa [Dies Irae] and Ren Fujii [Dies Irae]
@Ver as Touma Kamijou [A Certain Magical Index] and Riesbyfe Stridberg [Type-Moon]
@Lucky as Wade Wilson AKA Deadpool [Marvel] and Billy Batson AKA Shazam [DC]
@Ottonomous Ghost as Wolf AKA Sekiro [Sekiro] and Blitzcrank [League of Legends]​
James found himself caught by surprise by the condition of the place. Even if very technologically backward, even for standards in the Mojave. Which didn't tend to say much. Self, he had some experience working with what could be called the 'elite', primarily Mister House in New Vegas. Though he wasn't unfamiliar with the average person, that is if they're scavengers. And listening to the giant man, he had a point. It might not be wise, at least here, for a heavily armored or armed individual to just walk around. It would be a much different reason in his own world, the Brotherhood of Steel. But here, neither Titus nor he could be certain of that here. They were both more than likely unfamiliar with the area.

Making his choice, he joins the group heading to the Noble Quarter.

"I will be heading towards the Nobel Quarters as well," Bayonetta replied. "Places like this just give me such a dour feeling."

"I will stay in Lowtown."
Wanda looked around the area. "The group seizes perhaps don't matter, considering the potential size of where the rich people live."

And so they were off. The Noble Quarters group headed up a long set of stairs into what seemed to be an open plaza.

latest

There were a lot of people walking around as well as some sitting on the benches near the water. This seemed like it would be a perfect place to meet up with the other group once their investigation was finished.

After another set of stairs leading them even further up in the city, the group found themselves in the Nobel quarters. True to its name it was filled with posh looking mansions, actual guards stationed around and the people walking around was wearing lavish clothes. While the group seemed to be getting some weird groups from the natives, for now, it seemed that they were free to walk around and do what they pleased.

"Alright darlings." Bayonetta rubbed her hands together. "Let's listen to some gossip."
@Sark @Crunch @Ver @Jeremi @Alex Azure @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @amwexia @Nobles Quarters
The Courier didn't have to be asked twice. While he did wear a helmet, he could hear pretty well. Looking around the place, it was quite luxurious, maybe even rivaling the New Vegas Strip, maybe. Looking as Titus tried to get to work, James did get the impression he was not exactly the correct individual for this kind of work. Having seen him fight, though, he struck him more as a front line soldier or special forces than a people's person.

The one with him, however, seemed more as a diplomatic individual. Seeing he didn't quite have much to add to this, he simply joined the others and tried to look as much as a guard/soldier as possible. Though he wasn't exactly a soldier, he did see enough to somewhat know how to act as one.

@NOBBLE QUARTER

The Lowtown group didn't find much of a marketplace in the area, except for a few people selling their wares on the roadside. The inn, however, could potentially be useful.

Walking inside the group found it to be a bar as well as the innkeeper was standing behind the bar desk for the time being slinging out drinks for a weary traveler. Most of the tables seemed to be quite full of people and a few were scattered at the bar itself drinking away the day. It seemed like this was going to be the best place for them to find any information from both natives and travelers.

@Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @York @Kaykay @Lowtown

The two guardsmen had been standing in front of a large gate that seemed to lead inside a large castle behind them. The triple bombardment of questions seemed to have bewildered as they looked at each other. Even with a helmet on you could tell they were confused. "Uuh citizens please, one question at the time...we'll try to help find answers but."

Bayonetta cut him off. "What my friends are trying to ask is, what's the gossip?" She smiled and gave the two a wink. That seemed to have done the trick.

"Oh, uh, well, as you know with the barriers down, a large number of Guilds have sprung up as protection around lands to protect travelers against roaming beasts."

"Is that what you are?" The other guard asked sounding a tad suspicious. "Are you a new Guild from out of town?"

@Sark @Ver @Jeremi @Alex Azure @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Crunch @Donder172 @NoblesQuarters

"I got this one," Jack said with a nod. Walking up to the bar and taking a seat next to the traveler, he put a few gold coins on the counter. Money spoke no matter where you found yourself. "Bourbon on the rocks, if'n you take this sort of currency in these parts."

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @York @Kaykay @Lowtown

---

As Bayonetta and others questioned the guards directly, Cu made good on his promise. Turning into his Spirit Form, he weaved through the crowd around town, listening for any gossip or tidbits that could prove useful for their mission.

@Jeremi @Sark @Ver @Alex Azure @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Crunch @Donder172

Ries03.png

"Guilds... As in, mercenaries?" Riesbyfe responded to the guard in a slightly quizzical manner, a little perplexed, but then again, she didn't know the specifics of what just happened in this world. Even so, shouldn't people be able to rely on their governments for protection?

If only, right?

"I see. With what's... happened recently," Riesbyfe cleared her throat, pretending to know what happened in this world. "I suppose confusion and doubt would be natural."

At the guard's question, the holy knight swallowed uneasily. She'd dare not lie to someone, but... all things considered, she wondered if anything useful could be yielded if he were under the impression of them being a guild. Clicking her tongue lightly, the young woman let out a (forced) relaxed chuckle and a sheepish smile. "Aha... So what if we are? Would you point us to other areas of gossip if so?"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Sark @Alex Azure @Lucky @Crunch @Donder172 @Nobles

Billy Batson/ Shazam

" I apologize for bombarding you with questions, as I mentioned new in town. We do indeed represent a guild from out of town, I may be the guild's financial representation, but I also can fight. Has there been any attacks of these roaming beasts in town or whisperings about them appearing as such?"
He asked after they would answer Riesbyfe's question, hoping that he would receive answers and not the guards questioning his motives. It was more than necessary as he would seem to not find answers by being direct.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Sark @Alex Azure @Ver @Crunch @Donder172

“I mean, technically speaking we are a gu-” Little My responded, but her train of thought was interrupted by the girl who called herself Guild Mascot.

She erupts into raucous laughter, which caused her to fall off Ries’s shoulder.

“G-Guild Mascot!” Little My shouted, “That’s so funny!”

@Jeremi @Crow @Nobles

Billy Batson/ Shazam

“ I am sure that I will be just fine with it. I have watched a lot of my foster parents four and made it a lot further than line 10 but thanks for the snark, I almost forgot you were here,”
he replied back to her with a smirk on his face.

He took a moment to consider taking the higher road, but the opportunity was too good to pass up. “
We call her Gramps because she is so wise behind her years and friendly like a grandfather. Isn’t that right, Gramps?”

@Crow @amexia @Nobles

"I'm the friendliest, wisest there is~ Sweet Bahamut, I already miss Clarisse screaming into my ears and screwing up every five minutes..."

Cagliostro kept her act up, but deep inside, she was bitter. As she gritted her teeth, she uttered towards Shazam, "I am going to shove one of Katalina's dishes into your mouth when this is all over..."

@Ver @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Sark @Alex Azure @Lucky @Crunch @Donder172 @Crow @Nobles​

Billy Batson/ Shazam
“ I am sure that I will be just fine with it. I have watched a lot of my foster parents four and made it a lot further than line 10 but thanks for the snark, I almost forgot you were here,”he replied back to her with a smirk on his face.

He took a moment to consider taking the higher road, but the opportunity was too good to pass up. “We call her Gramps because she is so wise behind her years and friendly like a grandfather. Isn’t that right, Gramps?”

@Crow @amexia @Nobles
"I'm the friendliest, wisest there is~ Sweet Bahamut, I already miss Clarisse screaming into my ears and screwing up every five minutes..."

Cagliostro kept her act up, but deep inside, she was bitter. As she gritted her teeth, she uttered towards Shazam, "I am going to shove one of Katalina's dishes into your mouth when this is all over..."

@Ver @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Sark @Alex Azure @Lucky @Crunch @Donder172 @Crow @Nobles

Little My’s laughter subsided, and she climbed back up on Ries’s shoulder.

By now she’s starting to get the gist of what they’re trying to do. They’re trying to pretend to be a guild in order to extract information. On what she doesn’t know, but she knows damn well this isn’t a murder case.

“Hahahaha! Ahh...! Yeah, we’re a guild,” Little My spoke, “anybody die yet?”

@Ver @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Sark @Alex Azure @Lucky @Crunch @Donder172 @Crow @Nobles

"I got this one," Jack said with a nod. Walking up to the bar and taking a seat next to the traveler, he put a few gold coins on the counter. Money spoke no matter where you found yourself. "Bourbon on the rocks, if'n you take this sort of currency in these parts."

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @York @Kaykay @Lowtown

---

As Bayonetta and others questioned the guards directly, Cu made good on his promise. Turning into his Spirit Form, he weaved through the crowd around town, listening for any gossip or tidbits that could prove useful for their mission.

@Jeremi @Sark @Ver @Alex Azure @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Crunch @Donder172

He did. The innkeeper looked over to Jack before grabbing the gold. "'fraid I don't know what this 'bourbon' is." He grabbed a mug and poured some liquid into it before handing it over to Jack. "But I do have some mead for ya."

He then looked over to the others. "Your friends want anything or are you just here for the company?"

Ries03.png

"Guilds... As in, mercenaries?" Riesbyfe responded to the guard in a slightly quizzical manner, a little perplexed, but then again, she didn't know the specifics of what just happened in this world. Even so, shouldn't people be able to rely on their governments for protection?

If only, right?

"I see. With what's... happened recently," Riesbyfe cleared her throat, pretending to know what happened in this world. "I suppose confusion and doubt would be natural."

At the guard's question, the holy knight swallowed uneasily. She'd dare not lie to someone, but... all things considered, she wondered if anything useful could be yielded if he were under the impression of them being a guild. Clicking her tongue lightly, the young woman let out a (forced) relaxed chuckle and a sheepish smile. "Aha... So what if we are? Would you point us to other areas of gossip if so?"

Billy Batson/ Shazam

“ I am sure that I will be just fine with it. I have watched a lot of my foster parents four and made it a lot further than line 10 but thanks for the snark, I almost forgot you were here,”
he replied back to her with a smirk on his face.

He took a moment to consider taking the higher road, but the opportunity was too good to pass up. “
We call her Gramps because she is so wise behind her years and friendly like a grandfather. Isn’t that right, Gramps?”

@Crow @amexia @Nobles

@Ver @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Sark @Alex Azure @Lucky @Crunch @Donder172 @Crow @Nobles​

Again the guards looked at each other with confused looks and Bayonetta rolling her eyes putting her hands up in defeat walking away from the scene in front of her.

"So you are a Guild?" The more suspicious of the guards asked. "What's the name of your guild then?"

The more lax one tried to reply to Riesbyfe and Shazam's questions. "Well gossip would be best found in a tavern and talking to people I suppose, but please don't harass the citizens if you do. And as far as beasts...well we haven't got them in the city. That's what we're here for after all but the roads are pretty packed and that's why different Guilds have been offering their services."

As this was going on Cu was floating around in spirit form trying to find something that could catch his interest. Even among the high society, there seemed to be a lot of talk about these barriers being down and all the complications that brought with it. Then he came upon what seemed to be a couple talking about something else. "-witch near Halure." Said a woman dressed in a fancy red dress in shock.

"Yes, a witch," Said the other in a blue dress. "Well that's what father is saying after all." Cu could tell the one in the red was frightened by this news.

"But that's terrible! Have the guards been informed? Are we safe now that the barrier is down?"

The woman in blue gently took her panicked spouses' hands into her own. "Now don't you worry your pretty little head. Even if the rumors are true it's a good long walk to Halure so we'll certainly find out about it in case we'd be attacked. Not to mention all of those Guilds now offering their protection."

"Humph! Ruffians all of them, they just want to fill their pockets with gold!"

"Perhaps, but they keep the roads clear all the same." The conversation continued on but the mention of a supposed witch near...Halure, was it? Could prove useful information.

He did. The innkeeper looked over to Jack before grabbing the gold. "'fraid I don't know what this 'bourbon' is." He grabbed a mug and poured some liquid into it before handing it over to Jack. "But I do have some mead for ya."

He then looked over to the others. "Your friends want anything or are you just here for the company?"

Again the guards looked at each other with confused looks and Bayonetta rolling her eyes putting her hands up in defeat walking away from the scene in front of her.

"So you are a Guild?" The more suspicious of the guards asked. "What's the name of your guild then?"

The more lax one tried to reply to Riesbyfe and Shazam's questions. "Well gossip would be best found in a tavern and talking to people I suppose, but please don't harass the citizens if you do. And as far as beasts...well we haven't got them in the city. That's what we're here for after all but the roads are pretty packed and that's why different Guilds have been offering their services."

As this was going on Cu was floating around in spirit form trying to find something that could catch his interest. Even among the high society, there seemed to be a lot of talk about these barriers being down and all the complications that brought with it. Then he came upon what seemed to be a couple talking about something else. "-witch near Halure." Said a woman dressed in a fancy red dress in shock.

"Yes, a witch," Said the other in a blue dress. "Well that's what father is saying after all." Cu could tell the one in the red was frightened by this news.

"But that's terrible! Have the guards been informed? Are we safe now that the barrier is down?"

The woman in blue gently took her panicked spouses' hands into her own. "Now don't you worry your pretty little head. Even if the rumors are true it's a good long walk to Halure so we'll certainly find out about it in case we'd be attacked. Not to mention all of those Guilds now offering their protection."

"Humph! Ruffians all of them, they just want to fill their pockets with gold!"

"Perhaps, but they keep the roads clear all the same." The conversation continued on but the mention of a supposed witch near...Halure, was it? Could prove useful information.

"... I have no idea who these people are. I thank you for the information regardless, guardsmen."

Titus didn't bother backing up Riesbyfe, or whoever else had chosen to trample on his attempts at subtlety, turning away from the conversation and treading after Bayonetta. At the very least, they had a better idea of where to look for more information on the enemy's whereabouts, but Titus had his suspicions. It was more likely that the Revanchist forces were all around them, waiting for the right moment to proceed with their ambush.

All this talk only delays the inevitable strike and his tolerance for his comrades was rapidly dwindling. Times are desperate, and his perspective has drastically changed since the Discovery, so working with an alien or a witch is hardly an issue. He barely even thinks about it.

But working with a stupid alien or a stupid witch was just too far. The Emperor's work was never done through words.

"You can let me know when we have enough information to proceed. By the Emperor, I've had enough intrigue to last me a lifetime," Titus offhandedly remarked to Bayonetta. "I will guard the rest of the square, in case our enemy chooses to reveal himself prematurely."

With that, the space marine split off from wherever the witch was walking to and began to tread towards a general area of the square that offered him a broad view of the plaza - as well as a vision on his comrades, whenever they may be at the moment.

Taking a sip of the mead, Jack grimaced. Too sweet for his tastes, but he'd take it. Looking behind him he tipped his hat to the group. "Anyone want somethin'? My treat."

@Jeremi @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @York

---

Cu slipped over to the group, keeping himself out of view from the public. "There's talk of a witch who popped up in a place called Halure recently," he said. "Sounds like it's worth looking into."

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Lucky @Crow @Donder172 @amwexia @Crunch @Sark

Sekiro / Wolf
@Jeremi @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @York @Yun Lee @Ottonomous Ghost @Lowtown

Sekiro silently followed the Lowtown Group as they entered the inn. The cramped building filled him with unease, and his eyes flickered between several patrons, but his expression remained steadfast.

"..."

He observed Jack order a drink with the gold rather than purchasing information, finding it strange given that their objective was to investigate.
Looking behind him he tipped his hat to the group. "Anyone want somethin'? My treat."

BBqXHD6.jpg

"Information," he said dryly, "we do not need anything else."

The only thing the Shinobi seemed to care about was the advancement of the mission.

Last edited:
View attachment 4352

"G-Guild name? A-Aah..." Riesbyfe stammered, as for some reason the guard's inquiry about what they were even called being what she was fixed on. She couldn't very well tell them that they were agents of multiversal peace-keeping organizations. Even if they had no chance of finding out what they really were, it'd be bad to come out and say they were the "Coalition" or the "M.E.U." even if they never found out what the latter even stood for. The Multiverse Directive and all that.

Man, she almost missed home.

With that, she uttered the first thing that came to mind, haughtily pointing a finger toward herself. "We're... the Fighting of the Spirit! ... N-No, I mean, we're the Fighters of the Spirits!"

Beat.

I will never show my face on this world again.

With a silent nod, Riesbyfe silently turned around and reconvened with the group out of the sight of the guards and general public, listening to the others as they consolidated the info they had just gathered. Well, info that Lancer had gathered, and then Titus starting to walk away from all the nonsense. A very valid move, but...

"A witch, eh? That's better than nothing. Not that I know where this Halure place is..." Riesbyfe sighed as she grabbed onto Titus's armor with her iron gauntlet, charged with enough magical energy for her to emulate a superhuman grip. No need to wander off when they had their info, right?

"... Besides, we stick out quite a bit, so no need to spend more time here than we have to."

@Crunch @Crow @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Lucky @Donder172 @amwexia @Sark @Alex Azure @Nobles

"A witch, eh? That's better than nothing. Not that I know where this Halure place is..." Riesbyfe sighed as she grabbed onto Titus's armor with her iron gauntlet, charged with enough magical energy for her to emulate a superhuman grip. No need to wander off when they had their info, right?
"... Besides, we stick out quite a bit, so no need to spend more time here than we have to."

“Witches!?” Little My shouts “That sounds awesome!”

She excitedly hops around on Ries’s shoulder. All of this is certainly better than a stupid kite, even though she’s already met a witch in the form of Alicia’s mother.

@Alex Azure @amwexia @Crunch @Crow @Donder172 @Jeremi @Lucky @Sark @Yun Lee @Nobles

Taking a sip of the mead, Jack grimaced. Too sweet for his tastes, but he'd take it. Looking behind him he tipped his hat to the group. "Anyone want somethin'? My treat."

---

Cu slipped over to the group, keeping himself out of view from the public. "There's talk of a witch who popped up in a place called Halure recently," he said. "Sounds like it's worth looking into."

"I'm uh...not sure if there's a legal age for drinking but if there's water I'll take it." Chise spoke up. Did this place have a law about that? It wouldn't be good to have too many of them drinking anyway right? Besides, she wasn't in a rush to even try and drink.

The Magus took a moment to look through her pockets for any money.

Sekiro / Wolf

Sekiro silently followed the Lowtown Group as they entered the inn. The cramped building filled him with unease, and his eyes flickered between several patrons, but his expression remained steadfast.

"..."

He observed Jack order a drink with the gold rather than purchasing information, finding it strange given that their objective was to investigate.

BBqXHD6.jpg

The only thing the Shinobi seemed to care about was the advancement of the mission.

tumblr_p6zsyb2WZP1wqj88wo6_250.jpg

"Well, that's true, I suppose..." Ah that...was rather straightforward, but she guess that should of been expected from some of the people in this group.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ottonomous Ghost @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @York @Lowtown

"Said it's my treat, miss," Jack said as Chise started digging for money. To Sekiro he merely shrugged. "I've learned you get more out of a place the more you try and blend in natural-like. Can't just storm into a new place makin' demands." With that, he took a sip of mead.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Ottonomous Ghost @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @York

"... I have no idea who these people are. I thank you for the information regardless, guardsmen."

Titus didn't bother backing up Riesbyfe, or whoever else had chosen to trample on his attempts at subtlety, turning away from the conversation and treading after Bayonetta. At the very least, they had a better idea of where to look for more information on the enemy's whereabouts, but Titus had his suspicions. It was more likely that the Revanchist forces were all around them, waiting for the right moment to proceed with their ambush.

All this talk only delays the inevitable strike and his tolerance for his comrades was rapidly dwindling. Times are desperate, and his perspective has drastically changed since the Discovery, so working with an alien or a witch is hardly an issue. He barely even thinks about it.

But working with a stupid alien or a stupid witch was just too far. The Emperor's work was never done through words.

"You can let me know when we have enough information to proceed. By the Emperor, I've had enough intrigue to last me a lifetime," Titus offhandedly remarked to Bayonetta. "I will guard the rest of the square, in case our enemy chooses to reveal himself prematurely."

With that, the space marine split off from wherever the witch was walking to and began to tread towards a general area of the square that offered him a broad view of the plaza - as well as a vision on his comrades, whenever they may be at the moment.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Sark @Alex Azure @Lucky @Crunch @Donder172 @Nobles​

"You need to lighten up a bit, luv."
Bayonetta teased as Titus walked by. "Continue like that and someday you're going to walk into something that you can't escape from." Whether he cared to listen or not was a different thing entirely.

The plaza seemed like it was harboring no threats, only some noble men and women walking by doing their daily routines. A few stopped and gave him a stare but was it any surprise considering what he looked like?

View attachment 4352

"G-Guild name? A-Aah..." Riesbyfe stammered, as for some reason the guard's inquiry about what they were even called being what she was fixed on. She couldn't very well tell them that they were agents of multiversal peace-keeping organizations. Even if they had no chance of finding out what they really were, it'd be bad to come out and say they were the "Coalition" or the "M.E.U." even if they never found out what the latter even stood for. The Multiverse Directive and all that.

Man, she almost missed home.

With that, she uttered the first thing that came to mind, haughtily pointing a finger toward herself. "We're... the Fighting of the Spirit! ... N-No, I mean, we're the Fighters of the Spirits!"

Beat.

I will never show my face on this world again.

With a silent nod, Riesbyfe silently turned around and reconvened with the group out of the sight of the guards and general public, listening to the others as they consolidated the info they had just gathered. Well, info that Lancer had gathered, and then Titus starting to walk away from all the nonsense. A very valid move, but...

@Crunch @Crow @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Lucky @Donder172 @amwexia @Sark @Alex Azure @Nobles

"That's a weird Guild name." The guard shrugged. Considering how many were popping up they couldn't all be winners.

The other guard perked up by the mention of the witch. "It's just rumors," He assured the group. "With the barriers gone it just starts a lot of different things floating around out there."

---

"Said it's my treat, miss," Jack said as Chise started digging for money. To Sekiro he merely shrugged. "I've learned you get more out of a place the more you try and blend in natural-like. Can't just storm into a new place makin' demands." With that, he took a sip of mead.

"Well if ya offerin'." Jack found one of the patrons sitting by the bar turn towards the group.

"How could I pass that up?" The man handed off his empty mug to the barkeep. "Another one of those, and this guy's buyin'."

Sekiro / Wolf

"..."

BBqXHD6.jpg

"There's not much to tell I'm afraid," The barkeep replied as he handed the now filled mug back to the mystery man. "You're travelers so you know about the monsters roaming around. That's pretty much the only thing we keep hearing about."

"Yeah isn't that the truth."
The purple-robed man took a drink from his mug. "You'd think some people would start making up Coalitions or somethin' with all of that going on." He raised his cup towards Wanda and the others and had a sly smile on his face.

"It's habit, I guess." Chris laughed sheepishly. Before looking up at Jack.

"Thank you, still." She added, even if it likely wouldn't have been anything expensive to buy for her, she didn't want to be rude.

'I guess we don't look too natural right now, huh?' Chise thought to herself before turning to the bartender.

917ac72253b0334933f763daaa99e7e3540ab211.jpg

"Um, could I have a glass of water, please?" She asked, while using her heightened 'dragon senses' to strain her hearing to try and pick up anything that may be useful information from any of the patrons in the bar.

"You need to lighten up a bit, luv." Bayonetta teased as Titus walked by. "Continue like that and someday you're going to walk into something that you can't escape from." Whether he cared to listen or not was a different thing entirely.

The plaza seemed like it was harboring no threats, only some noble men and women walking by doing their daily routines. A few stopped and gave him a stare but was it any surprise considering what he looked like?

"That's a weird Guild name." The guard shrugged. Considering how many were popping up they couldn't all be winners.

The other guard perked up by the mention of the witch. "It's just rumors," He assured the group. "With the barriers gone it just starts a lot of different things floating around out there."

"Well if ya offerin'." Jack found one of the patrons sitting by the bar turn towards the group.

"How could I pass that up?" The man handed off his empty mug to the barkeep. "Another one of those, and this guy's buyin'."

"There's not much to tell I'm afraid," The barkeep replied as he handed the now filled mug back to the mystery man. "You're travelers so you know about the monsters roaming around. That's pretty much the only thing we keep hearing about."

"Yeah isn't that the truth."
The purple-robed man took a drink from his mug. "You'd think some people would start making up Coalitions or somethin' with all of that going on." He raised his cup towards Wanda and the others and had a sly smile on his face.

"Coalitions, you say?" Chise blinked. Did....did this man know? That seemed like a pretty big hint that he did, really. Maybe she might of been trying to read into it too much.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @York @Lowertown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back