Status
Not open for further replies.
"A countermeasure?" Morrigan asked, eyeing Will for a moment. She put away her staff and began to walk forward into the thick wall of greenery. "That man did not simply choose to send us crawling throughout the House. Think of his counterspell as jamming a sword through the winch of a ballista. You are interfering with the weapon, but not necessarily ceasing its ability to fire. The ballista could possibly still fire, but not work as intended. 'Twas the counterspell. We could not know the ultimate outcome, and neither could he."

She paused, peering through the trees to spy a waterfall in the distance. "The House is an impossible space that touches many dimensions. Each 'room' we enter will be unknown to us. I can not say what we will find here."

@Minerva @Lucky @Hahli Nuva

Last edited:

"...oh." Ingrid didn't seem all that amazed by the Indigo powers. But maybe that was partly due to the fact that she was now occupied with door-opening.

As for the rest of the doors the clones started opening, it seemed a majority of them only opened to walls, as well. A few doors opened up to small storage rooms full of simple furniture and a few oddities. "Careful not to touch anything!" Casta called, closing each of those doors before marking them with an "O" using her light magic. "Who knows how valuable those all could be..."

Ingrid, who was on the other side of the wall as the clone moving ahead, sighed as she opened the door to yet another dead end. Hearing a noise behind her, she turned. "Oh? I believe this one may have found somethi-"

"KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!"

An unearthly screech echoed throughout the hall, sounding as if an entire house of glass shattered right next to you. Ingrid stepped out of the way as the clone was flung back into the wall, a multitude of crystal shards sticking out from its chest. Out of the door stepped a tall, slender monstrosity made entirely of crystal, itself.

View attachment 3792

Turning towards the group, it roared again. "KIIIIIIIIIII!" With a swipe of its arm, the creature sent several crystal shards right towards you!

@Sark @Ottonomous Ghost @MelodyMeister @C+I​

Ren Fuji was usually what one would call a bit of a lone wolf. He had few friends, and usually only made friends with rather eccentric people. But even if the group of people he considered friends weren't many, he still had to do something if his daily life with them was going to be interrupted.

It was for that reason alone he'd agreed to go join that last multiversal adventure a while back, and now agreed to come join this new one. The last time around wasn't so bad all things considered, making a few new friends and all, but he all the same wasn't exactly looking forward to how things would turn out. Silently, Ren had moved to the general area of one of the smaller groups and just sort of loitered about.

At least, until his group was teleported. Initially he just walked around opening doors like the others, but when the strange crystalline creature appeared he sprung into action.

17f7d105372511c3fe68623ca0513185_original.gif

Ren summoned the Guillotine to his right arm and moved to take the fire for the others, rapidly swinging his blade to try to deflect the incoming shards.

"The hell is this ugly thing?" he asked, turning back to face the others for a second to check if he'd missed any of the shards.

@Sark @Ottonomous Ghost @MelodyMeister @Yun Lee @C+I​

Wade Wilson/ Deadpool

" So what I'm getting from this conversation is we have no clue where Origin is from our point or any of the bad guys or if we got other problems to deal with."
He looked over at the waterfall. " Well, I guess that would be a way to cool down since this jungle is hot and I'm wearing spandex. I would have worn my swim trunks if I knew that we were going to be near a waterfall. So, where would someone keep a door in the jungle or is like the waterfall meant to represent a door and it brings us somewhere new?" He asked.

@Hahli Nuva @Minerva @Atomic Knight

"The reason I'm in a bloody hurry... is because of them, mate," Constantine responded to Mason and Ben, gesturing behind himself, still panting softly as he seemed to still be in the process of recovering his breath.

Indeed, further down the corridor and arising from the shadows was quite a sight; a mob of hooded figures that one could assume were giving Constantine chase just now. One of the figures in front pointed toward the man, calling out heatedly. "There he is! Destroy him and his allies!" He exclaimed without hesitation, wasting no time in revealing himself and his group as the enemy.

"You always did have a way of attracting the wrong crowd," Zatanna said, now finding good reason to keep her energy charged.

"Revanchist mages, eh? See, if Knight Leader were here, there'd be no need to run away," Carissa said with a nonplussed sigh.

The mages collectively charged what appeared to be a wide-sweeping fire spell, and blasted it together at the group. It traveled at blinding speeds, covering the entire width of the corridor like a horizontal pillar of fire, but before it could reach everyone...

"Hoooah!"

Fwsssh!

tumblr-ngwlo7y-DWT1shlg3vo1-500.gif

A high-pitched sound rang through the air as Touma stepped forward, swinging his right arm horizontally to match the fire spell, easily dissipating it in almost its entirety with his power. With a fierce look, eyes narrowed with determination burning in his eyes, Touma remained facing forward, knowing he was too far ahead to waver now.

"Looks like we'll have to do then," the spiky-haired boy said, "So what's the plan, Mr. Constantine?"

Still fiddling with the four talismans in his hand, Constantine let out a soft breath, impressed by the display of the Imagine Breaker, even if he wouldn't admit it to any capacity.

Je3-RSJi5-RAqfq-XJo59nwag.png

"These little babes I've got in my hand, if Lord allows me to set them up in the right places, will conjure a barrier that'll stop our new friends from getting any further. We need to block off their way, even if it's just one of many, to make sure they can't reach Origin," Constantine said, evidently in the know of the objective to protect the Great Spirit at all costs. "Course, they're none too chuffed at that idea, so while I do... Mind holding them off for me?"

"You're saying that like we've got a choice," Zatanna grunted, "Ready to work up a sweat then, everyone?" She asked everyone, getting into position to hold off the approaching group of Revanchist mages.

@Crow @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Josh @C+Z Group

"Sounds like you can hold your own, I gotta say." Guy called over his shoulder, raising his tone so that his words might swim above the sea of opening and closing doors. "You're 'cool' in my book, there's no doubting that. Gotta ask though- that overcharge-electric shock thing you mentioned? Does that leave you... out of charge, or something? Do you need some time to kick back after you've used that attack, or is it the kinda card you can keep playing? It'd pretty metal to see Revan get lit up by an attack like that, for sure."

"TO PREVENT OVERHEATING, IT MUST BE USED SPARINGLY," the golem replied, "ADDITIONALLY, I AM ABLE TO CONTINUE OPERATION AFTER ITS USAGE DUE TO REGULATION PROCEDURES."
"...oh." Ingrid didn't seem all that amazed by the Indigo powers. But maybe that was partly due to the fact that she was now occupied with door-opening.

As for the rest of the doors the clones started opening, it seemed a majority of them only opened to walls, as well. A few doors opened up to small storage rooms full of simple furniture and a few oddities. "Careful not to touch anything!" Casta called, closing each of those doors before marking them with an "O" using her light magic. "Who knows how valuable those all could be..."

Ingrid, who was on the other side of the wall as the clone moving ahead, sighed as she opened the door to yet another dead end. Hearing a noise behind her, she turned. "Oh? I believe this one may have found somethi-"

"KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!"

An unearthly screech echoed throughout the hall, sounding as if an entire house of glass shattered right next to you. Ingrid stepped out of the way as the clone was flung back into the wall, a multitude of crystal shards sticking out from its chest. Out of the door stepped a tall, slender monstrosity made entirely of crystal, itself.

Turning towards the group, it roared again. "KIIIIIIIIIII!" With a swipe of its arm, the creature sent several crystal shards right towards you!
Ren Fuji was usually what one would call a bit of a lone wolf. He had few friends, and usually only made friends with rather eccentric people. But even if the group of people he considered friends weren't many, he still had to do something if his daily life with them was going to be interrupted.

It was for that reason alone he'd agreed to go join that last multiversal adventure a while back, and now agreed to come join this new one. The last time around wasn't so bad all things considered, making a few new friends and all, but he all the same wasn't exactly looking forward to how things would turn out. Silently, Ren had moved to the general area of one of the smaller groups and just sort of loitered about.

At least, until his group was teleported. Initially he just walked around opening doors like the others, but when the strange crystalline creature appeared he sprung into action.

Ren summoned the Guillotine to his right arm and moved to take the fire for the others, rapidly swinging his blade to try to deflect the incoming shards.

"The hell is this ugly thing?" he asked, turning back to face the others for a second to check if he'd missed any of the shards.

Blitz waddled around a bit more, giving each room a glance and resisting the urge to go inside. He wanted to learn more about this strange place, but he also didn't want to risk knocking anything over.

Then, a horrible noise rang out. The robot was particularly sensitive to noises, sounds, vibrations, rhythms, and everything in-between, so this glass shattering sound put his danger sensors into overdrive. Before he could lunge in front of the shards, however, a young man was nimble and dexterous enough to block most of the shards with his blade. Still, a few had gone past his defense. Blitz stood behind Ren and used his large hands to block the rest of the shards, which flattened at the tips and bounced off harmlessly upon impact. "IT APPEARS TO BE A CRYSTALLINE CONSTRUCT HELD TOGETHER BY MAGICAL FORCES," he responded rather obviously, "DO NOT WORRY. IT WILL BREAK EASILY."

He moved past Ren and proceeded to charge full speed ahead, aiming to punch the enemy and shatter it into countless pieces.

"A countermeasure?" Morrigan asked, eyeing Will for a moment. She put away her staff and began to walk forward into the thick wall of greenery. "That man did not simply choose to send us crawling throughout the House. Think of his counterspell as jamming a sword through the winch of a ballista. You are interfering with the weapon, but not necessarily ceasing its ability to fire. The ballista could possibly still fire, but not work as intended. 'Twas the counterspell. We could not know the ultimate outcome, and neither could he."

She paused, peering through the trees to spy a waterfall in the distance. "The House is an impossible space that touches many dimensions. Each 'room' we enter will be unknown to us. I can not say what we will find here."

@Minerva @Lucky @Hahli Nuva

Will followed, thankful The Heart kept her from cooking inside her armor. Skintight though it may be, some missions were just too hot or cold and Will couldn't concentrate with the heat.

"Isn't there like a map or something you can follow? Surely you wouldn't call this place home if you didn't know it inside and out. I'd offer to make one but my powers are definitley halved here."

Will thennoticed Corrin, who had joined them rcently. "Hey there, new person. Haven't seen you before. I'm Will. This is Wade and Morrigan."

@Atomic Knight @Minerva @Lucky

"The reason I'm in a bloody hurry... is because of them, mate," Constantine responded to Mason and Ben, gesturing behind himself, still panting softly as he seemed to still be in the process of recovering his breath.

Indeed, further down the corridor and arising from the shadows was quite a sight; a mob of hooded figures that one could assume were giving Constantine chase just now. One of the figures in front pointed toward the man, calling out heatedly. "There he is! Destroy him and his allies!" He exclaimed without hesitation, wasting no time in revealing himself and his group as the enemy.

"You always did have a way of attracting the wrong crowd," Zatanna said, now finding good reason to keep her energy charged.

"Revanchist mages, eh? See, if Knight Leader were here, there'd be no need to run away," Carissa said with a nonplussed sigh.

The mages collectively charged what appeared to be a wide-sweeping fire spell, and blasted it together at the group. It traveled at blinding speeds, covering the entire width of the corridor like a horizontal pillar of fire, but before it could reach everyone...

"Hoooah!"

Fwsssh!

A high-pitched sound rang through the air as Touma stepped forward, swinging his right arm horizontally to match the fire spell, easily dissipating it in almost its entirety with his power. With a fierce look, eyes narrowed with determination burning in his eyes, Touma remained facing forward, knowing he was too far ahead to waver now.

"Looks like we'll have to do then," the spiky-haired boy said, "So what's the plan, Mr. Constantine?"

Still fiddling with the four talismans in his hand, Constantine let out a soft breath, impressed by the display of the Imagine Breaker, even if he wouldn't admit it to any capacity.

"These little babes I've got in my hand, if Lord allows me to set them up in the right places, will conjure a barrier that'll stop our new friends from getting any further. We need to block off their way, even if it's just one of many, to make sure they can't reach Origin," Constantine said, evidently in the know of the objective to protect the Great Spirit at all costs. "Course, they're none too chuffed at that idea, so while I do... Mind holding them off for me?"

"You're saying that like we've got a choice," Zatanna grunted, "Ready to work up a sweat then, everyone?" She asked everyone, getting into position to hold off the approaching group of Revanchist mages.

View attachment 3793
"I got this! We need a barrier, right? We'll buy you some time for yours, but I've got one of my own!"

Tucking the wand into his vest, Mason leaped to the front of the group. His left hand began glowing with aura. He landed and knelt low, placing his hand on the floor. In front of him sprung up a wall of aura, spreading floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall. It solidified into a concrete barricade, which could hopefully hold off the fire and brimstone that the Revanchist was throwing at them. At about eye-level, (for Mason at least,) a rectangular sheet of steel was embedded in the concrete, one that had a handle and could be slid away from the group's side. Mason continued to kneel by the base of the barricade, supplying a steady stream of aura.

View attachment 3794
"I'll be able to keep it holding a bit longer if I can focus on repair and strengthening. If somebody wants to come a bit closer and play sniper/archer/ranger, that would be much appreciated," he said, pointing towards the "window" with the hilt of his sword. "Or we can just wait for them to break this down and hope they're in melee range."

@Ver @Crow @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Josh @C+Z Group

Wade Wilson

" I think she joined us just before we left actually-"
Wade supplied. He had noticed that the new person was ignoring Will, he wasn't about to ask why, Maybe they had bad blood from a previous thing. "God- it's really hot. Nobody freak out, but I'm going to take off my mask." He took a deep breath and took off his mask. Yeah, you 100% tell that he still had cancer as his face looked like it had been at war with the sun- the sun had won.

@Hahli Nuva @Atomic Knight @Minerva

Ren's attack worked as hoped, sending the shards flying back towards the creature at top speeds. Caught in the crossfire, Ingrid dashed down a stairwell to her right. A sudden shriek could be heard along with the sound of shattering gems.

Wasting no time, Casta used her sorcery to lift up the shards, creating a shield around the rest of the group as Blitz turned the monster into little shards of its own. Sighing in relief, Casta used her magic to close the door it came from. "Okay! That door is strictly off-limits. Let me see if one of these storage rooms has a vaccuum cleaner..."

@Kaykay @Ottonomous Ghost @Sark @MelodyMeister @C+I​

"Hoooah!"

Fwsssh!

View attachment 3793
"I got this! We need a barrier, right? We'll buy you some time for yours, but I've got one of my own!"

Tucking the wand into his vest, Mason leaped to the front of the group. His left hand began glowing with aura. He landed and knelt low, placing his hand on the floor. In front of him sprung up a wall of aura, spreading floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall. It solidified into a concrete barricade, which could hopefully hold off the fire and brimstone that the Revanchist was throwing at them. At about eye-level, (for Mason at least,) a rectangular sheet of steel was embedded in the concrete, one that had a handle and could be slid away from the group's side. Mason continued to kneel by the base of the barricade, supplying a steady stream of aura.

View attachment 3794
"I'll be able to keep it holding a bit longer if I can focus on repair and strengthening. If somebody wants to come a bit closer and play sniper/archer/ranger, that would be much appreciated," he said, pointing towards the "window" with the hilt of his sword. "Or we can just wait for them to break this down and hope they're in melee range."

"I don't mind kicking some Revanchist butt. Let's see..."

Ben scrolled through his Omnitrix's roster.

"OK Mason, looks like it's settled, you guard and we pick them off so that you can last longer. Now, I'd like to see what these guys think of my magnetic personality," Ben quips as he smacks his watch down.

"Loooooodest-

CN384GX.png

-aww man, I mean Rath!" the aggressive bipedal tailless tiger dubbed Rath looked at the Omnitrix on his chest. "Let me tell you something, Omnitrix, if you give Rath the wrong alien one more time, Rath is going to turn you into a keychain!"

Usually, Ben would probably stay around the window and use far-range attacks. But Rath, oh Rath.

Rath, like any other space kitty, does not like confinement. He squeezes out of the window, serving as a brutal melee fighter.

"Let me tell you something, Mason Moretti, Rath doesn't wait for those guys to get in melee range, those guys wait for Rath to get in melee range!"

He looks back at the crowd of Revanchist mages before him, snarling and roaring like a tiger before charging at them, performing a great deal of moves remniscent to wrestlers upon these mages. With his durability to couple his species' strength, it would take a lot of blasts to knock him out. His obligatory bulletproof nature found in a majority of Ben's aliens meant that bullets were free game for allies.

BzTm62r.jpg

"LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING, REVANCHIST MAGES WHO SERVE DARTH REVAN AND HAVE BEEN CHASING JOHN CONSTANTINE FOR AN UNSPECIFIED AMOUNT OF TIME, I'M THE CAT WHO'S ALL THAT, AND NONE OF YOU ARE READY TO HANDLE THE RATH ATTACK!" Rath bellows at them as he prepares his wide array on offenses, starting his attacks on the ones that targeted Mason's shield from the non-windowed areas.

"POLARIS PILEDRIVER!"

Two of those poor mook had their heads smacked onto the solid ground.

"APPOPLEXIAN WHIP!"

He proceeds to fling another three picking at Mason's wall into the general horde with force so strong, it essentially created a clearing.

"CAPRICORN CLOTHESLINE!"

The heaviest knocks on the heads of a cluster of mages knocked them into the general horde again, having the same end effect as the prior move. Next, he jumps onto them, using them as a trampoline as he prepares to dive into the horde.

"MERAK MOONSAULT!"

The resultant shockwave from Rath's sheer strength and arguably weight knocked out quite a bunch, but Rath wasn't done yet. He had one more move up his lack of sleeves.

"SIRIUS BUTTKICKING!"

The tiger went hogwild with his prey in the night.

And he's watching us all with the-

m8KArLi.jpg

"And before any of you ask, IT'S THE STAR!"

Last edited:
Wv2sbrA.png

"Beach bod ready in just a second huh? Not bad." Castle quipped allowing the Pokemon to open the door in front of them. As they did the first thing that caught their attention was music filling the groups ears.

The other thing that caught their attention as their eyes adjusted to the light was the utter massacre that was before them. Blood splatter adorning the walls, various body parts scattered about the area. Literal pools of blood on the floor.

It seemed to be a storage house area of some sorts if the large boxes in the corners were any indication. The music they found was coming from an older looking boombox stereo on a table further into the warehouse. "By the faltlines..." Clea stepped in past Deoxys to get a closer look at the horror in front of them. "What could have possibly caused this?"

"If you ask me it looks like a good time happened."

@Jeremi @York @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Group/Clea&Merlin

"...!"

7ffe129ed75f4443e7a4825e047aec57.png

Deoxys' reaction to the gruesome scene was silent and subtle; its eyes widened slightly at the sheer volume of viscera splattered among the room. Had it grown soft, reacting to something that it would have hardly understood years ago? Or is it merely letting a newfound sense of empathy override its instinct? The answer wasn't clear to the alien, but there wasn't much use in dwelling on it.

"This is indicative of a potent individual being... or a group of such," the pokemon offhandedly responded to Clea as it shuffled forward with heavy steps. "In any case, I advise caution in this room. The cause of all this may still be nearby. An ambush, as I said."

Deoxys followed the music towards the boombox stereo on the other end of the warehouse. While the alien pokemon didn't understand the device, it still leaned forward to scrutinize it, scanning for any weapons or explosives it may have been hiding.

"... 'It opened up my eyes, I saw the sign,'" it flatly spoke along with the singing lyrics of the music. "What does that mean?"

Oh, great. "Touma! Ben! You idiots! Get back behind the barrier!!" UGH. These guys were just asking for injuries, weren't they? Severa rolled her eyes and charged after them, staff and lance at the ready in case they got hurt...or in case she needed to do some damage, herself.

@Ver @Crow @Alex Azure @Josh @C+Z​

Oh, great. "Touma! Ben! You idiots! Get back behind the barrier!!" UGH. These guys were just asking for injuries, weren't they? Severa rolled her eyes and charged after them, staff and lance at the ready in case they got hurt...or in case she needed to do some damage, herself.

Standing Behind the red haired girl, Elli's hand gripped his shotgun. Running behind, Ellis

"Watch out now! I don't wanna hit you when I spray 'n pray, ya know?'

Schala spotted the Rider's head flaming up not too far away from her. "Ain't my first trip to the rodeo, girly."

Clea as well had formed her own light source with the magic but the intense darkness seemed to almost be absorbing the light into itself. "We can clearly not stay in this place for long. Quickly, we need to reach our allies."

"Now that will be easier said than done," Merlin spoke up her footsteps echoing through whatever place they found themselves. "Ever changing as it is, this mansion will be difficult to traverse with one particular goal in mind. Especially now that we're under attack."

"Or we just go through that door." The Rider pointed over his shoulder to a door a bit further away from the group.

"Or we could try that."

@Jeremi @York @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Group/Clea&Merlin

b75d636f65871b8380649a293c6208d8.png

"That is the most direct option, yes,"
a telepathic tone spat back out from the darkness, as a purplish glow emanated from the gem encased in Deoxys' chest, slightly illuminating its alien features amidst the other light sources in the room. It shuffled forward to join the rest of the team, looking in the direction of the door as it continued.

"There is a problem. I can't sense any other organisms beyond these walls. It may be empty, or there is an ambush waiting for us just beyond the door. As such, I will go first."

Suddenly, as Deoxys spoke and turned itself to face the door, its body began to shift without pause. The alien grew in size by a few inches; it's head and torso melding into each other like a malleable putty that quickly thickened and formed a solid mass of red and blue matter on two legs. The thin pairs of tentacles on either side of Deoxys' body stretched out as well, flattening into full slabs that looked as if they were built of rough clay.

Spr_4d_386D.png

Deoxys stood in its newfound form for a second, shuddering from the sudden shift in its mass and shape. It began to lumber toward the door, folding its slab-like limbs in front of itself to form a shield over its core.

"Be prepared."

Wv2sbrA.png

"Beach bod ready in just a second huh? Not bad." Castle quipped allowing the Pokemon to open the door in front of them. As they did the first thing that caught their attention was music filling the groups ears.

The other thing that caught their attention as their eyes adjusted to the light was the utter massacre that was before them. Blood splatter adorning the walls, various body parts scattered about the area. Literal pools of blood on the floor.

It seemed to be a storage house area of some sorts if the large boxes in the corners were any indication. The music they found was coming from an older looking boombox stereo on a table further into the warehouse. "By the faltlines..." Clea stepped in past Deoxys to get a closer look at the horror in front of them. "What could have possibly caused this?"

"...!"

Deoxys' reaction to the gruesome scene was silent and subtle; its eyes widened slightly at the sheer volume of viscera splattered among the room. Had it grown soft, reacting to something that it would have hardly understood years ago? Or is it merely letting a newfound sense of empathy override its instinct? The answer wasn't clear to the alien, but there wasn't much use in dwelling on it.

"This is indicative of a potent individual being... or a group of such," the pokemon offhandedly responded to Clea as it shuffled forward with heavy steps. "In any case, I advise caution in this room. The cause of all this may still be nearby. An ambush, as I said."

Deoxys followed the music towards the boombox stereo on the other end of the warehouse. While the alien pokemon didn't understand the device, it still leaned forward to scrutinize it, scanning for any weapons or explosives it may have been hiding.

"... 'It opened up my eyes, I saw the sign,'" it flatly spoke along with the singing lyrics of the music. "What does that mean?"

Schala Zeal
@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT
@Group/Clea&Merlin

Schala sighed in relief, seeing that the group seemed to be here and accounted for... Nodding a little as she eyed the door Rider pointed out.

"Yes. Our goal is still to protect the Great Spirit, but we cannot do that unless we find him." She said.

Cautiously, she peeked through the door as the others entered through it... Instantly covering her mouth at the scene displayed in front of her.

"This... This is..." She trailed off, swallowing a little as she began to examine what was left of the bodies.

Though she had nothing like clairvoyance, she was trying to grit her teeth and try and figure out what happened here. Starting with who the deceased might have been, and what means were used to kill them in such a brutal manner.

"... Maybe... They saw something. The 'sign'. Drove them to do... This..." Schala said suddenly, adding onto what Deoxys mentioned, her voice shaking a little.

She had seen plenty of death in the Genesis incident, but this was by far one of the most brutal things she had witnessed, but she knew better than to let her own feelings prevent her from taking the neccessary actions to ensure more lives aren't lost...​

"No way! I'm no use just sitting back! At least from here, I can at least help hold against some of the spells the magicians ought to send our way!"
Touma exclaimed in response to Severa. Perhaps she was right about him being an idiot, Touma found himself thinking even now, but as reckless as the prospect of jumping headfirst into danger was, he did truly believe what he said; in this sort of scenario, Imagine Breaker was best suited to support the others with its one, very specific power.

The mages in the distance continued to fire offensive spells at everyone, and in response, Touma swiftly extended his right hand, letting some of the spells dissipate at the mercy of the Imagine Breaker in his hand.

4635437-touma-kamijou.gif

Fwwsh!

Despite his efforts though, Touma was only just one person, and each offensive spell that merely flew past him impacted right toward Mason's barrier, collectively able to make the temporary barrier shake. One blast by itself didn't do much, but when fired back to back, it was able to stave away at the concrete some, even blasting out some chunks of the concrete.

Fortunately, it seemed that Ben was able to disrupt their formation as Rath went to work on them, putting an end to their barrage for just a little. However, intent on recovering their formation, the seemingly never-ending horde of mages -- those that remained conscious or entirely out of Ben's reach at least -- diverted their attention to Ben for just a moment, collectively charging a concussive wave and firing it right at him, rippling violently through the air and knocking him back into Mason's barrier!

Meanwhile, from behind the barrier, Constantine set up the first talisman, sticking it to the left wall and chanting a magical incantation. The talisman began to glow a bright shade of cyan, indicating that it was in effect, or at least, would be once the rest were in place.

C.png

"There, one down! You chaps aren't feeling the heat too much, are ya?!" Constantine exclaimed, beginning to set up the second talisman, levitating it to the top of the left wall.

"Well, if they're already knackered, I do wonder if that'd be a testament more to our weakness or their pure strength," Carissa responded, almost comically standing back in a nonchalant manner, "But even I've more faith than the former to think everything would go all to pot so quickly."

"Oh, there's two of them now..." Zatanna groaned, as though feeling threatened more by being around two British blondes than the hostile magicians.

@Crow @Yun Lee @Josh @Alex Azure @C+Z Group

Wv2sbrA.png

Shigure took in the sight of the room with a small breath, gathering his bearings for a moment. He wasn't sure what to expect, but this definitely wasn't it. Ignoring Ghost Rider's comment, he took a couple steps into the room, gold eyes giving it a once over. He's fought and cut down more than a few foes in his own world, and while most who were cut down weren't necessarily human, this room still made his brows furrow and nose scrunch up a bit as if he smelled something rotten.

"...!"

tumblr_o2mbh15vze1v83vjro6_250.jpg

"Hm. A sign? I wonder..." As Deoxys spoke questioned the lyrics meaning, he tried to see if there was something relating to the lyrics among the carnage and blood with a frown. There had to be something, right? Some kind of hint or clue, or something that someone--or something--left behind.

Schala Zeal
@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT
@Group/Clea&Merlin

Schala sighed in relief, seeing that the group seemed to be here and accounted for... Nodding a little as she eyed the door Rider pointed out.

"Yes. Our goal is still to protect the Great Spirit, but we cannot do that unless we find him." She said.

Cautiously, she peeked through the door as the others entered through it... Instantly covering her mouth at the scene displayed in front of her.

"This... This is..." She trailed off, swallowing a little as she began to examine what was left of the bodies.

Though she had nothing like clairvoyance, she was trying to grit her teeth and try and figure out what happened here. Starting with who the deceased might have been, and what means were used to kill them in such a brutal manner.

"... Maybe... They saw something. The 'sign'. Drove them to do... This..." Schala said suddenly, adding onto what Deoxys mentioned, her voice shaking a little.

She had seen plenty of death in the Genesis incident, but this was by far one of the most brutal things she had witnessed, but she knew better than to let her own feelings prevent her from taking the neccessary actions to ensure more lives aren't lost...​

"That could be likely, but if so...where are they now?" Shigure respoded to Schala, free hand moving to his hip as his other gripped his naginata firmly.

@Jeremi @York [USER=2446]@Gummi Bunnies @Clea + Merlin Group[/USER]

"I'll be fine! It's the others I-we gotta worry about!" Severa dashed over to Rath, using her staff in an attempt to heal him. As expected, her healing ability was not as great as Libra's, meaning it would take twice as long as usual to get him to full health. But hey, better than being all bruised up, right?

@Crow @Ver @Josh @Alex Azure @C+Z​

Standing Behind the red haired girl, Elli's hand gripped his shotgun. Running behind, Ellis

"Watch out now! I don't wanna hit you when I spray 'n pray, ya know?'

"No way! I'm no use just sitting back! At least from here, I can at least help hold against some of the spells the magicians ought to send our way!"
Touma exclaimed in response to Severa. Perhaps she was right about him being an idiot, Touma found himself thinking even now, but as reckless as the prospect of jumping headfirst into danger was, he did truly believe what he said; in this sort of scenario, Imagine Breaker was best suited to support the others with its one, very specific power.

The mages in the distance continued to fire offensive spells at everyone, and in response, Touma swiftly extended his right hand, letting some of the spells dissipate at the mercy of the Imagine Breaker in his hand.

4635437-touma-kamijou.gif

Fwwsh!

Despite his efforts though, Touma was only just one person, and each offensive spell that merely flew past him impacted right toward Mason's barrier, collectively able to make the temporary barrier shake. One blast by itself didn't do much, but when fired back to back, it was able to stave away at the concrete some, even blasting out some chunks of the concrete.

Fortunately, it seemed that Ben was able to disrupt their formation as Rath went to work on them, putting an end to their barrage for just a little. However, intent on recovering their formation, the seemingly never-ending horde of mages -- those that remained conscious or entirely out of Ben's reach at least -- diverted their attention to Ben for just a moment, collectively charging a concussive wave and firing it right at him, rippling violently through the air and knocking him back into Mason's barrier!

Meanwhile, from behind the barrier, Constantine set up the first talisman, sticking it to the left wall and chanting a magical incantation. The talisman began to glow a bright shade of cyan, indicating that it was in effect, or at least, would be once the rest were in place.

C.png

"There, one down! You chaps aren't feeling the heat too much, are ya?!" Constantine exclaimed, beginning to set up the second talisman, levitating it to the top of the left wall.

"Well, if they're already knackered, I do wonder if that'd be a testament more to our weakness or their pure strength," Carissa responded, almost comically standing back in a nonchalant manner, "But even I've more faith than the former to think everything would go all to pot so quickly."

"Oh, there's two of them now..." Zatanna groaned, as though feeling threatened more by being around two British blondes than the hostile magicians.

@Crow @Yun Lee @Josh @Alex Azure @C+Z Group

"Let me tell you something, Severa of Ylisse, Rath doesn't need the barrier, but the barrier needs Rath! Every one of you who can operate behind it operate behind it, Rath's got this!"

Rath exclaims as he continued onwards, taunting the endless armada of opponents, before being knocked back into the barrier.

"Gah! Oof!"

As Severa healed him, Rath's bruises gradually disappeared.

"Ooh yeah, ready for round two!"

All freshened up, he looks towards the crater from his crash.

"Let me tell you something, Rath-shaped hole!" Rath exclaims towards the Rath-shaped crater he created by crashing, before this crater was swiftly repaired by Mason's powers. "Wait, where'd you go- ow!"

Rath was hit by another concussive spell to the back that would've struck Severa if Rath didn't slightly shift his body. His head turns, glaring at his opponents.

"Oooh, you wanna play games, well, let me tell you something, Revanchist Mages working for Darth Revan and have been chasing John Constantine for an unspecified amount of time...

zpwSbwN.jpg

... Rath will entertain your games. Rath will play your games, and Rath will enjoy them..."

Without Severa completing a full heal, Rath, filled with his species' natural pride and aggression, ran towards the armada. He may not have been fully healed, but Severa's healing allowed him to fully twist and turn his joints once more, giving him his peak flexibility and agility back. One of their attacks - a powerful fiery blast - came forward, ready to attack Severa, Ellis, Touma and the wall, but Rath tanked it. He jumped headfirst into the blazing vortex, dispersing most of it away, while some of it... well...

Rath, for a few seconds, was engulfed in blaze, before most of it dispersed from his body into the air. Now, only the black sections of his back as well as his claws were burning with a flickering orange blaze.

Rath flinched not a bit.

g30emp8.jpg

"Fuego Bueno."

With a devilish grin, Rath proceeds to T-pose and spin around like a top, effectively transforming into a devastating fire tornado that rose to great heights and cleaved through the endless Revanchist mages, the spinning serving to absorb oxygen to fan the fires. The blaze of carnage absorbed their various basic magic attacks, melting frost, burning nature, dispersing concussives while adding lightning and flames to its collective firepower, and it would likely take a big spell to beat it.

912.gif

@Crow @Ver @Josh @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @C+Z​

Last edited:

"TO PREVENT OVERHEATING, IT MUST BE USED SPARINGLY," the golem replied, "ADDITIONALLY, I AM ABLE TO CONTINUE OPERATION AFTER ITS USAGE DUE TO REGULATION PROCEDURES."

Blitz waddled around a bit more, giving each room a glance and resisting the urge to go inside. He wanted to learn more about this strange place, but he also didn't want to risk knocking anything over.

Then, a horrible noise rang out. The robot was particularly sensitive to noises, sounds, vibrations, rhythms, and everything in-between, so this glass shattering sound put his danger sensors into overdrive. Before he could lunge in front of the shards, however, a young man was nimble and dexterous enough to block most of the shards with his blade. Still, a few had gone past his defense. Blitz stood behind Ren and used his large hands to block the rest of the shards, which flattened at the tips and bounced off harmlessly upon impact. "IT APPEARS TO BE A CRYSTALLINE CONSTRUCT HELD TOGETHER BY MAGICAL FORCES," he responded rather obviously, "DO NOT WORRY. IT WILL BREAK EASILY."

He moved past Ren and proceeded to charge full speed ahead, aiming to punch the enemy and shatter it into countless pieces.

Ren's attack worked as hoped, sending the shards flying back towards the creature at top speeds. Caught in the crossfire, Ingrid dashed down a stairwell to her right. A sudden shriek could be heard along with the sound of shattering gems.

Wasting no time, Casta used her sorcery to lift up the shards, creating a shield around the rest of the group as Blitz turned the monster into little shards of its own. Sighing in relief, Casta used her magic to close the door it came from. "Okay! That door is strictly off-limits. Let me see if one of these storage rooms has a vaccuum cleaner..."

@Kaykay @Ottonomous Ghost @Sark @MelodyMeister @C+I​

"Well, I was hoping for a creature name or something, but guess you can't beat the obvious."

Ren grumbled as Blitzcrank charged forward and smashed apart the crystalline creature with a punch. He hadn't been quite sure what to expect from the robot and their enemy, but at least for now things seemed to proceed smoothly.

"Anyway, good job...guy," Ren paused for a moment, not sure what to call the robot since he'd been somewhat mentally checked out during introductions. Even without Casta's warning he had little intention of going through the door the monster came ftom, so he decided to just continue peering through some of the other doors for now.

@Sark @Ottonomous Ghost @MelodyMeister @Yun Lee @C+I​

@Kaykay @Ottonomous Ghost @Sark @MelodyMeister @C+I
"Lemme get that for ya," Guy tapped his Indigo staff against the floorboards, channeling a variety of ring abilities in close succession. In an instant, light spewed from the staff's head, engulfing Guy in kaleidoscope of color, its borders spreading out in all directions. Soon, the light began to soften, growing less garish and bright, until all that remained of the once vibrant flash was a tight-fitting mechanized vacuum suit.
giphy.gif

[VRRRRRRRRRV]

"Sucks that we had to hit that thing so hard. Maybe in another life it coulda... not tried to kill us, I guess,"

Having sucked up what remained of the creature and sorted into into small, neat, hard-light sack, Guy tapped his staff again, banishing his suit and sending it back down into the depths of his staff. Brushing of his hands, Guy sighed, before planting them firmly on his hips.

"Anyone know what that thing was? My ring's drawing blanks. Any idea what its... made outta?"

@Yun Lee @Ottonomous Ghost @MelodyMeister

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back