Status
Not open for further replies.
❝ Oh I'm sure you can put two and two together. We all are here for one reason only, after all. ❞ Nishiki says in response to Ben's question. It wasn't like there were any other business partners that he could have that tasked him with finding the Great Spirit. As if the topic wasn't at all that important to him, he merely shakes his head. ❝ Besides... ❞

The collective words that spelled out "Musujime is under our protection" and all that crap, the readiness to unleash all hell on them for being present, it wasn't all too surprising. All he did in response was lazily sent a punting kick Little My's way, and by extension, send the small girl right toward Severa should it connect. For how brief it was, a trained eye would take notice that a blue aura radiated from the man's kicking leg and foot for only that moment.

❝ I think we're well past the time to talk. ❞ Nishiki states with little care on what else the group had to say, glancing at his masked company and briefly jerking his head in the group's general direction. ❝ Skullshatterer, you know what to do. Take out everyone else, but make sure Musujime is secured after the fact. ❞

With the signal that talking was completely off the table, it didn't take long for Majima to practically throw himself at the other man, aiming to take a stab at him with his knife. It happened in a flash, Nishiki managing to narrowly avoid the knife in order to punch the other yakuza straight in the gut, another gleam of that blue aura this time surrounding Nishiki's fist in doing so. Backing off to covet his stomach, Majima glared daggers straight at Nishiki's way, he was dead set on taking care of the other man.

❝ Y'all can handle the other chickenshit asshat... but unless you can pitch in without me fucking you up and all... ❞ Majima twirled his knife in his hand before backhanding it, the menacing shadows starting to grow thicker around his body. ❝ Nishiki's mine.

@Ver @Lucky @Jeremi @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @Minerva @York @Yun Lee @amwexia @Takumi @Space_Candy @Atomic Knight
@Past

"Honour between men, got it patchy, got it... oh, of course I have to fight someone wearing an insulated suit... unless..."

Buzzshock looks around.

"Ah ha!"

HmokOMV.png

The plucky little livewire dashed towards ripped open a compartment of lampposts, allowing wires to expose themselves before he proceeded to turn his entire body into plasma and enter it.

Next thing you knew, a floating lamppost lurked the battlefield, proceeding to give the behind of the so-called Skullshatterer a heavy hit, not too different from a baseball bat!

"Baaaaaatter up! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Meanwhile, Cagliostro caught Little My before she could hit Severa, placing her on the ground.

"Twice in a day. What are the odds? No matter..."

Cagliostro conjured her signature familiar once more at Skullshatterer.

msPj5ZR.png

"Ouroboros, obliterate!"

@Ver @Lucky @Jeremi @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @Minerva @York @Yun Lee @amwexia @Takumi @Space_Candy @Atomic Knight @Past​

Little My got hit by the kicking leg, before being caught by Cagliostro and placed on the ground. She then saw Ouroboros.

"WOAH! YOU CAN SUMMON A DRAGON! THAT'S SO COOL! This one time I remember my brother Snufkin, well he's more like my half-brother, but that's beside the point. He once encountered a baby dragon in a pond and the baby dragon really liked him. He was like 'nuh-uh I don't like this dragon' and he threw it at some random unsuspecting dude."

Little My then suddenly kicks into gear and decided to help Majima beat up Nishiki. She's only ever been injured once and that was a short while ago. So she decided to use herself as a distraction so that Majima can get some blows in.

@Ver @Lucky @Jeremi @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @Minerva @York @Yun Lee @Capri @Takumi @Space_Candy @Atomic Knight @Past​

❝ Oh I'm sure you can put two and two together. We all are here for one reason only, after all. ❞ Nishiki says in response to Ben's question. It wasn't like there were any other business partners that he could have that tasked him with finding the Great Spirit. As if the topic wasn't at all that important to him, he merely shakes his head. ❝ Besides... ❞

The collective words that spelled out "Musujime is under our protection" and all that crap, the readiness to unleash all hell on them for being present, it wasn't all too surprising. All he did in response was lazily sent a punting kick Little My's way, and by extension, send the small girl right toward Severa should it connect. For how brief it was, a trained eye would take notice that a blue aura radiated from the man's kicking leg and foot for only that moment.

❝ I think we're well past the time to talk. ❞ Nishiki states with little care on what else the group had to say, glancing at his masked company and briefly jerking his head in the group's general direction. ❝ Skullshatterer, you know what to do. Take out everyone else, but make sure Musujime is secured after the fact. ❞

With the signal that talking was completely off the table, it didn't take long for Majima to practically throw himself at the other man, aiming to take a stab at him with his knife. It happened in a flash, Nishiki managing to narrowly avoid the knife in order to punch the other yakuza straight in the gut, another gleam of that blue aura this time surrounding Nishiki's fist in doing so. Backing off to covet his stomach, Majima glared daggers straight at Nishiki's way, he was dead set on taking care of the other man.

❝ Y'all can handle the other chickenshit asshat... but unless you can pitch in without me fucking you up and all... ❞ Majima twirled his knife in his hand before backhanding it, the menacing shadows starting to grow thicker around his body. ❝ Nishiki's mine.

@Ver @Lucky @Jeremi @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @Minerva @York @Yun Lee @amwexia @Takumi @Space_Candy @Atomic Knight
@Past

Witcher-3-Yennefer-Magic.jpg

Yennefer would also be calling upon magic. A raven flew down near her, and lightning started crackling. She sent a small ball of lightning towards Skullshatterer.

With her free hand, she performed another sign in the air towards Nishiki.

"Aard."

This one would hopefully freeze him in place through the use of magical kinetic energy, allowing Majima to hit him.

@Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee @York @Crow @Capri @Past​

"I'm not conscripted," the boy said, apologetically. "My name is Mithos." He shook his head and took a few steps toward the pair. "My family is one of the ones living on Knowhere. My sister, she..." The boy closed his eyes, truly looking as if he was in emotional pain. "She's lost."

@Takumi @Yun Lee

From the corner of the hall, a shadow jumped straight up and slammed into Foo Fighters' face. It made a noise like mewling and clamped on for dear life.

@Gummi Bunnies @amwexia @York

"Hey, some inquisitive minds gotta ask the tough questions," Piper said, doing a one-shoulder shrug. She was about to throw a follow-up when a noise caused her to turn to a room off to the side of the hall. It looked to be one of the bigger vaults.

"You guys hear that?" she asked.

@Jeremi @Lucky

Kyosuke considered what James said and crossed his arms. He looked to Wynne and nodded. "There used to be games that villains conducted called Murder Games," he said. "They were largely batteries for despair, but such foolish games turned out to be more than any villain's worth. Regardless, as part of these games, the Coalition observed quite a few methods for seeing if an individual was a 'traitor.'"

Kyosuke then looked at the pair before him. "Talismans. Spells. Mind control. We have the means. The Coalition does not blindly trust, not after what it has been through."

@Sark @Donder172

Blonde boy, never before seen. Blonde boy, never before seen. Libra couldn't trust this boy, not yet. "If you'll come with me, we can try to find her," he said. "I don't think she'd be on this floor..."

@Atomic Knight @Takumi

FF peered behind her shoulder at Guy. She downed another bottle of water before her skin began to change.

View attachment 4750

“Alright then, watch me,”

Her arms extended outwards farther than humanly possible, scooping up both Guy and Rinato. Holding them both underneath her arms, she makes a mad dash towards the Officer’s Quarters. She set both of them down in front of Kyosuke and saluted, her skin returning to normal.

View attachment 4751
“Boss! I’ve done as you asked. Mr. Estheim gave me orders to return both Guy and Lapis to you, so I did!”

@Sark @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @York @Donder172 @Officer’s Quarters​
The others from the infirmary were getting back just as Ellis was being taken from Reiner by another agent and moved out of the Officers' Quarters. Kyosuke joined the main group after seeing to it that the rest of the area was clear. If he was impressed by FF, he didn't show it.

Piper agreed with Libra and gestured above her. "Yeah, those goons are probably looking to find Volt," she said. "He's in one of the secure rooms a couple floors above us, but which one is not public knowledge, obviously."

Letting out a small sound of assent, Kyosuke crossed his arms. "Yes, that is likely their intention," he said. "Whatever their purpose in causing this explosion, it is no doubt a means to an end. I believe the best course of action would be to head upward and keep an eye on any suspicious activity along the way."

@amwexia @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @Sark @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi @York @Donder172 @OfficersQuarters
So, they intended to get Volt? Perhaps to finish the job or to take the Great Spirit away like they did to Celcius?

"If that's the case..." Chise started, hand going to her chin, a frown taking place.

"But what if we end up leading the one involved in the explosion to Volt?" She asked then, brows furrowing. While she was sure they could take the one in question, if they had enough time to do this much damage...

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @amwexia @Lucky @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Donder172 @York @HQ
The Rider stood with his arms crossed listening to all of this. "I know no one asked, but I don't like this one bit." He eyed Piper suspiciously. "Funny how you were declared dead and now you're just walking around...just like some of your pals. That's pretty convenient, isn't it?"

@amwexia @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @Sark @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi @York @Donder172 @OfficersQuarters
"Woah, uh, hold on," Piper said, raising a hand. She eyed Rider as if he was, well, an idiot. "Do you actually think I'm feeling perfectly okay here? My shoulder got ripped to shit."

"We have no reason to believe she is not who she says she is," Wynne said.

"The Revanchist has a known shapeshifter," Kyosuke said. "So, your fears are not unwarranted. However, the Coalition is well versed in treachery at this point. Keep a close eye everywhere, for despair hides in even the tiniest cracks."

The group took an elevator up a couple floors. Kyosuke then led them into the interconnected hallways above. Different halls branched off to various vaults. With the idea that an imposter might be among them, Kyosuke wasn't about to tell anyone where specifically Volt was.

"Wynne, you stick with me. The rest of you, break into teams of two or three and keep an eye on this floor. If they seek Volt, they will come here."

@amwexia @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @Sark @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi @York @Donder172 @HQ
le3Tc39.jpg

❝ Sure, whatever. ❞ Lapis plainly responded. There was no need to say anything else to Foo Fighters. They had a task to fulfill, considering that someone unsavory managed to sneak into the Coalition HQ. The Witch of Miracles tapped on Reiner's shoulder, he still needed to be of assistance to her.

❝ Reiner, you're coming with too. Let's not waste any time. ❞ That way, it was now a team of three.

@Atomic Knight @amwexia @York
@HQ

Down the hall from Foo Fighters, Reiner and Lapis, they could catch a glimpse of something moving quickly out of sight. It was moving quickly, as if it was trying not to be caught.

FOO FIGHTERS

“You two see that?”

Foo Fighters used her stand to morph her hand into a gun and held it out.

“Let’s go! We have to stop him!”

Foo Fighters then ran after the man. Hopefully, Lapis and Reiner would be in tow.

@Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @York
"Help you with what?" Chise asked, keeping her weariness out of her voice. She glanced to Libra briefly, before glancing back at the boy before them.

Keeping alert, she listened carefully to the boy's tone of voice and how he spoke to try and determine his intentions, while also trying to keep an ear out for anyone else that might round a corner.

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee

From the corner of the hall, a shadow jumped straight up and slammed into Foo Fighters' face. It made a noise like mewling and clamped on for dear life.

“G-gah!” Foo Fighters grunted, trying to get the strange mewling shadow off of her face.

“G-get off me you weird th-thing!”

@Atomic Knight
Reiner Braun
@Gummi Bunnies @Capri @Atomic Knight

Reiner nodded, listening carefully to what was being said; he now understood the enemy's intentions after that explosion, and knowing what was at stake, he swiftly nodded, performing that signature salute of his.

MFSekrk.png

"Yes ma'am!" He cried out.

And with that, he rushed after Lapis, his blades drawn as he kept an eye out for danger.

As he saw something move out of the corner of his eye, he swiftly tried to locate it, attempting to stick near the front of the group, only to let out a brief startled yell as a shadow attacked Foo Fighter.

X0b8hHO.png

"Friend or foe?! Identify yourself!" He shouted, as he tried to get a better look at that shadow.

If need be, he was prepared to make short work of his perceived enemy.

"Don't you worry about me, amatus," Dorian said to Connor, giving the other man a wink. "Truthfully, the time magic that brought us here was far more likely to cause me significant harm. Such magic really shouldn't be used by anyone, frankly. I'll see to it that our research is seen not by a single soul once all this is over."

Once the twin-tailed girl arrived, Dorian found himself amused at first, but quickly was over her quirky angry act. He would have tossed a couple barbed and sarcastic comments her way, but this trip through time was putting him at odds with himself already.

"Why does it feel as if the multiverse is absolutely littered with people like this?" Dorian said with a scoff. He rolled his eyes and shook his head, trying to discern what exactly this girl was saying amidst the nonsense.

lR0N1j8.gif

"Ugh..." He turned back to the girl and affixed her a no-nonsense look, though that betrayed what ended up coming out of his mouth. "Big titty spirit, huh? Is that what the 'Great' part refers to? Are the other spirits also well... endowed?"

"Come on!"

Sparks of electricity bounced off Mikoto. Weird enough that they were here at all, but now this girl was here spouting nonsense. Mikoto was hardly surprised that someone would recognize her here, but... when she said the strongest esper, she must have meant...

nClmPsn.jpg

"Hold on... are you friends with... him?" Mikoto grit her teeth. Static was building up around, growing more volatile in turn with her growing discomfort. She was about ready to attack this girl on the spot, explanations be damned, until the sudden appearance of two new threats.

"I've had it with this!" she cried. "Tell me why I shouldn't take you out right this instant?!"

@Ver @Lucky @Jeremi @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @Minerva @York @Yun Lee @amwexia @Takumi @Space_Candy @Past
"I agree with the child," Bayonetta had produced her guns and was pointing them squarely at their foes as Mae readied up a spell just in case. "I have had such a terrible day and I'd just love to use up all my pent up aggression on you."

@Ver @Lucky @Jeremi @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @Minerva @York @Yun Lee @amwexia @Takumi @Space_Candy @Past
"Wh-wh-wh-what are you on about?!" Musujime stammered to Misaka who seemed ready to kill. "I thought you were over the Sisters Project already! After all, it's been like two months, right?!"

View attachment 4804

"Actually, she's from an alternate dimension where it only just happened for her," Touma clarified.

"Are you serious?!" The girl yelled, before looking to Misaka again. "L-L-Look! The only way inside the Windowless Building is with the help of a teleporter like me! Or what, you wanna involve your teleporter friend in this fiasco?!" Musujime exclaimed.

"Besides, it's not like I've got any love for Accelerator!! He punched me into a wall the first time we met and then after that, he forgot we even met at all! They just make me work with him at this point!" She continued, namedropping the aforementioned strongest Esper as if there was any doubt before.

"M-Misaka..." Touma said softly in a sudden shift of tone, putting a hand on the Electromaster's shoulder. Whether the intent was to calm her down or restrain her from attacking Musujime, who could say though? Maybe a bit of both. If he wasn't as dense as he was. But even so...

"If your world's anything like mine, he'll come around. He'll face the sins of his past, and work his damndest to make up for that. Hell, I wonder if you'd even believe me if I said in my world, there was a point where you, me, and him worked together to fight off Othinus's forces in Hawaii!" He said with a light chuckle, scratching the back of his head, before wisening up again. "But he'll never get that chance if we let these guys get to Musujime and take the Great Spirit for their own purposes! Isn't that why you're here with us now? If not to save the multiverse, then to protect the smiles of those Sisters that wanted to live on, right?!"

He was definitely a different boy than the Touma Kamijou that this Misaka knew at this point in time, if nothing else. The Touma of that time could never learn to put his trust in others like this.

View attachment 4801

"If the girl's story that the Great Spirit is truly in the building is true, I wonder if you'd be able to transport us in," Sion said to Dorian, eyeing the appearance of the two mysterious strangers. "But I suppose before that, if the Revanchist indeed managed to chase us back in time, we may as well take care of them first."

@Atomic Knight
KIcNzN8.png

"Othinus? In Hawaii? That's the most priceless thing I've heard," Ben comments as he finally smacks his watch down, saying his next line in a rough yet high-pitched voice.

l7iq6xO.png

"Did she remember to say aloha? AlohAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Where Ben stood was now occupied by a plucky little battery man, no bigger than a housecat. For a second one would be convinced that he was preparing to saw a rabbit's foot from its body.

Next thing you knew, the little guy looked towards Nishiki, grinning at him as a taunt.

"Oh yeah, I forgot...

BUZZSHOCK!"

@Ver @Lucky @Jeremi @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @Minerva @York @Yun Lee @amwexia @Takumi @Space_Candy @Atomic Knight @Past​
"Just a suggestion, we might want to keep alive. Maybe said infiltrator still has some information we could use. So if you can, I suggest trying to take him alive. If not, shame but not the end." James suggested.

"I think it would likely be someone who knows how to act. It might not even be an imposter, but someone who gained your trust over a long period of time. Whoever betrayed us knows that we are aware of his or her presence, but not who they are. I hope that makes sense." James responded, noticing that Kyosuke looks at them with suspicion. "The tricky part is to not become paranoid or too trusting. Too trusting and you'll give the traitor a chance, and paranoia will cost you allies."

"We're not like those two. I can promise." Meceliss said with a calm tone towards the girl.

"My name is Meceliss." She said, introducing herself to the girl.

"Unfortunately for you, you will not be allowed to take her with you." Meceliss said towards Nishiki. While she wasn't interested in a fight right now, she wasn't going to let him take the girl. As she tried to make eye contact with the man, she briefly moves her robe, giving the man a brief glimpse of her lightsaber hilt should it come in his eyesight.
LITTLE MY

“Huh?” Little My said in response to Ben.

Turning her attention to Nishiki, and his threatening of Musujime, Little My’s eyes filled with rage. She was on the verge of tears, and he’s only making things worse.

“HEY! Get your slimy hands off of her! She’s already going through enough as it is, ya clod!”

And with that, Little My burst forward towards Nishiki, hoping to bite his ankles. Nobody lays their hands on someone who’s going through shit and gets away with it. Even if Musujime called her a ‘gremlin’.

Little My did find ‘absolute goddamn dumpster hooligan‘ deadass hilarious, though.

@Ver @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @FightingNishiki​
"Help you with what?" Chise asked, keeping her weariness out of her voice. She glanced to Libra briefly, before glancing back at the boy before them.

Keeping alert, she listened carefully to the boy's tone of voice and how he spoke to try and determine his intentions, while also trying to keep an ear out for anyone else that might round a corner.

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee

"I believe you mean the Great Spirit." Shigure corrected, then took notice at how she seemed uncomfortable when Deoxys spoke to her.

"Musujime, right? It'd probably be best if--" he started in an attempt to calm her down, then Nishiki and his associate showed up to attempt to take the teleporter to get to the Great Spirit.

"We won't let you get your hands on this girl." Shigure spoke up, holding his naginata at the ready.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @Atomic Knight @Past Squad
"UGH! Will somebody make the first move already?!" Severa rolled her eyes, getting her lance ready. AS if on cue, Little My did just that. "Yeah! Go gremlin!" She'd follow up by charging Nishiki. It was probably too much to hope that she'd skewer him, but hey. May as well be useful for once.

@Gummi Bunnies @Ver @Atomic Knight @Everyone​

@Past
"Honour between men, got it patchy, got it... oh, of course I have to fight someone wearing an insulated suit... unless..."

Buzzshock looks around.

"Ah ha!"

HmokOMV.png

The plucky little livewire dashed towards ripped open a compartment of lampposts, allowing wires to expose themselves before he proceeded to turn his entire body into plasma and enter it.

Next thing you knew, a floating lamppost lurked the battlefield, proceeding to give the behind of the so-called Skullshatterer a heavy hit, not too different from a baseball bat!

"Baaaaaatter up! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Meanwhile, Cagliostro caught Little My before she could hit Severa, placing her on the ground.

"Twice in a day. What are the odds? No matter..."

Cagliostro conjured her signature familiar once more at Skullshatterer.

msPj5ZR.png

"Ouroboros, obliterate!"

Little My got hit by the kicking leg, before being caught by Cagliostro and placed on the ground. She then saw Ouroboros.

"WOAH! YOU CAN SUMMON A DRAGON! THAT'S SO COOL! This one time I remember my brother Snufkin, well he's more like my half-brother, but that's beside the point. He once encountered a baby dragon in a pond and the baby dragon really liked him. He was like 'nuh-uh I don't like this dragon' and he threw it at some random unsuspecting dude."

Little My then suddenly kicks into gear and decided to help Majima beat up Nishiki. She's only ever been injured once and that was a short while ago. So she decided to use herself as a distraction so that Majima can get some blows in.

@Ver @Lucky @Jeremi @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @Minerva @York @Yun Lee @Capri @Takumi @Space_Candy @Atomic Knight @Past​

Witcher-3-Yennefer-Magic.jpg

Yennefer would also be calling upon magic. A raven flew down near her, and lightning started crackling. She sent a small ball of lightning towards Skullshatterer.

With her free hand, she performed another sign in the air towards Nishiki.

"Aard."

This one would hopefully freeze him in place through the use of magical kinetic energy, allowing Majima to hit him.

@Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee @York @Crow @Capri @Past​
Sophie, Schala & Skullshatterer
@Ver @Lucky @Jeremi @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @Minerva @Yun Lee @Capri @Takumi @Space_Candy @Atomic Knight @Past

Skullshatterer seemed indifferent as they listened to the apparently unanimous refusal from their enemy to co-operate. However, they did not immediately attack, until Nishiki gave the order they had been waiting for.

Raising both of their grenade launchers, a distinct thunk could be heard as they loaded mysterious, glowing red cartridges into their weapons, and then made their move.

"With pleasure..." They replied coldly.

With that, they rapidly launched multiple glowing shells from their weapon, each impacting a surface and exploding, creating a screen of ashes and debris, in addition to setting the ground itself on fire somehow, almost like concentrated molotovs.

Through the smoke it was difficult to see, but as Buzzshock prepared to hit Skullshatterer with that lamp-post, he found it being intercepted by two black blades they were now holding in their hands, before they soon dove to a rooftop, narrowly avoiding the worst of Ouroboros' attack, and somehow absorbing the lightning Yennefer had shot in their direction.

While at first one might chalk it down to their outfit being insulated, a more keen eye might observe some kind of shimmering around their body as they were struck.

Standing atop a vantage point, they appeared to be loading more shells into their weapons, about to unleash another volley of explosives, or so it seemed.

Schala had erected an icy barrier, intending to help shield her allies, but was forced to begin to reinforce the ice with stone, after seeing one of the shells burn right through it.

"That ammunition... It's... Magical!" She shouted.

Though, admittedly it was unlike any kind of magic she had experienced before; whatever Skullshatterer was using against them wasn't like the magic she had seen in her homeland.

Sophie in the meantime had decided to make a move for Nishiki, knife and pistol drawn as she coughed, trying her best to make her way through the smokescreen and fire Skullshatterrer had rained down upon them, using some of the barriers Schala had erected, even as they were melting to make her way to Nishiki.

"I won't let you do this alone! The Revanchist can't be underestimated!" Sophie shouted.

While for the most part, she intended to stick with her knife, should Nishiki pose too much of a threat, she knew she would have to use that pistol sooner or later...​

The lamppost exploded in Skullshatterer's face as it was countered, causing a dozen Buzzshocks to pop out. As Skullshatterer hopped onto the roofs, The Buzzshocks spoke to Schala.

"We're going for gasmask!"

The Buzzshocks communed for a bit, before half began to zap away into the city, and another half pursued Skullshatterer with speed no different from lightning.

gXOFsML.png

"Hey gasmask! Over here!"

"No, no, no, over here!"

"DDDDDDDDDDDDFFFFFFTTTTT!"

But the main group of Buzzshocks were merely distracting what the second group of Buzzshocks were preparing for Skullshatterer.

First and foremost, one of the Megawhatts smacked a metal bench in Shallshatterer's body.

Next up, was a vending machine. Probably that broken one in the park that someone keeps losing coins in! Goodbye sucker!

Up next was a crane machine, and let me tell you, the plushies that decorated the insides of the stand did not make getting smacked by this thing any less painful.

Oh and uh, two more vending machines. The buzzy battery boys must've run out of ideas, but at least they were all different types of vending machines!

"A bench? Seriously? A bench? Couldn't find another lamppost? A traffic light? A CAR?"

"Hey, it worked, didn't it? Besides, don't we destroy enough cars already?"

As those words were spoken, a large van was smacked right on top of Skullshatterer.

"WHAT DID I JUST SAY?"

"It was to be scrapped! It's OK!"

@York @ShullshattererFight

"Honour schmonour. Such a mentality will get you slain," Cagliostro says as Ouroboros lunges towards Nishiki.

dqVFrOw.png

"Which is precisely why I'm intervening and ending this in one blow! Tell me, stranger, were you counting on this being a one-on-one?"

@Gummi Bunnies @NishikiFight​

Kyosuke considered what James said and crossed his arms. He looked to Wynne and nodded. "There used to be games that villains conducted called Murder Games," he said. "They were largely batteries for despair, but such foolish games turned out to be more than any villain's worth. Regardless, as part of these games, the Coalition observed quite a few methods for seeing if an individual was a 'traitor.'"

Kyosuke then looked at the pair before him. "Talismans. Spells. Mind control. We have the means. The Coalition does not blindly trust, not after what it has been through."

@Sark @Donder172
"I don't blame you after that. There aren't many people who would still trust blindly after that." James said in response. "Still, it's best not to get paranoid by it. Paranoia can be costly, just as much as blind trust."

@Past
As the fight started, Meceliss took her lightsaber from her belt and ignites it. Its green blade snapping out of it, followed by a soft hum coming from the lightsaber.

Reiner Braun
@Gummi Bunnies @Capri @Atomic Knight

Reiner nodded, listening carefully to what was being said; he now understood the enemy's intentions after that explosion, and knowing what was at stake, he swiftly nodded, performing that signature salute of his.

MFSekrk.png

"Yes ma'am!" He cried out.

And with that, he rushed after Lapis, his blades drawn as he kept an eye out for danger.

As he saw something move out of the corner of his eye, he swiftly tried to locate it, attempting to stick near the front of the group, only to let out a brief startled yell as a shadow attacked Foo Fighter.

X0b8hHO.png

"Friend or foe?! Identify yourself!" He shouted, as he tried to get a better look at that shadow.

If need be, he was prepared to make short work of his perceived enemy.

@Ver @Lucky @Jeremi @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @Minerva @Yun Lee @Capri @Takumi @Space_Candy @Atomic Knight @Past

Skullshatterer seemed indifferent as they listened to the apparently unanimous refusal from their enemy to co-operate. However, they did not immediately attack, until Nishiki gave the order they had been waiting for.

Raising both of their grenade launchers, a distinct thunk could be heard as they loaded mysterious, glowing red cartridges into their weapons, and then made their move.

"With pleasure..." They replied coldly.

With that, they rapidly launched multiple glowing shells from their weapon, each impacting a surface and exploding, creating a screen of ashes and debris, in addition to setting the ground itself on fire somehow, almost like concentrated molotovs.

Through the smoke it was difficult to see, but as Buzzshock prepared to hit Skullshatterer with that lamp-post, he found it being intercepted by two black blades they were now holding in their hands, before they soon dove to a rooftop, narrowly avoiding the worst of Ouroboros' attack, and somehow absorbing the lightning Yennefer had shot in their direction.

While at first one might chalk it down to their outfit being insulated, a more keen eye might observe some kind of shimmering around their body as they were struck.

Standing atop a vantage point, they appeared to be loading more shells into their weapons, about to unleash another volley of explosives, or so it seemed.

Schala had erected an icy barrier, intending to help shield her allies, but was forced to begin to reinforce the ice with stone, after seeing one of the shells burn right through it.

"That ammunition... It's... Magical!" She shouted.

Though, admittedly it was unlike any kind of magic she had experienced before; whatever Skullshatterer was using against them wasn't like the magic she had seen in her homeland.

Sophie in the meantime had decided to make a move for Nishiki, knife and pistol drawn as she coughed, trying her best to make her way through the smokescreen and fire Skullshatterrer had rained down upon them, using some of the barriers Schala had erected, even as they were melting to make her way to Nishiki.

"I won't let you do this alone! The Revanchist can't be underestimated!" Sophie shouted.

While for the most part, she intended to stick with her knife, should Nishiki pose too much of a threat, she knew she would have to use that pistol sooner or later...​
As the man started to shoot grenades, Meceliss countered with telekinetic pushes to make sure the grenades did not come close to her or her allies. While the smoke obscured her sight, she was still able to sense him with Force Sense. Unless he was the same case ass the Yuuzhan Vong. While Skullshatter had moved to another position, Meceliss quickly took the initiative to follow him. Using Force Jump to follow onto the rooftop. Holding her lightsaber in a Soresu opening stance. Aiming a Force Push to either push their aim off or force to focus on her, rather than Meceliss' allies.
latest

Deadpool

" I really don't like that they followed us here, hey, could you hold this?"
Deadpool asked Connor. Before the other young man could answer him, he would shove Quentin into his arms and draw his swords. " Well, now a fighting is something I can handle, I am not a talking person and I think you need to go. We got a world to save." He would attempt to slash the mystery attacker's leggers.

@York @Skull Shatter]

Connor

" I think I'll stand by you and I guess watch this guy that was literally shoved into my arms, I would do more.... but the gun I was using on our earlier adventure kind of ran out of bullets."

@Atomic Knight @Hiding

Billy Batson/ Shazam

" Yeah, I certainly did hear something, though I am not sure what it was."
He would move towards where the noise was with his guard raised.

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi

It was painfully obvious on the odds of the situation given first glance. There was two of them from the Revanchist, and the rest of them being from the Coalition. No doubt that the odds would be in the Coalition's favor. That was all it seemed to be at this moment in time. Nishiki remained abnormally calm, and keeping a passive stance despite obviously proclaiming that they would fight now.

Cloaking his leg again in that faint aura, the suited man nonchalantly does the motions with the intent to kick Little My away from him, not too concerned over the fact that he wasted time to prevent himself from being frozen by Yennifer's Aard sign. Of course, that only spelled the clear fate of being pummeled by Majima, stabbed by Sophie, and struck by Cagliostro's Ouroboros.

If only it were that simple.

❝ I was well aware of the odds I've been handed. ❞ Nishiki says dismissively to Cagliostro, but his eyes locked into making contact with Majima. The enraged man with the eyepatch, he was rushing at him with a predictable right hook. Heavy shadowy energy generated from his right arm, emitting an aura that felt like Majima's wrath was embedded in it. A brief look of surprise was plastered on Nishiki's face before going back to his calm and confident stare.

❝ But I'll have to thank that Institute's girl for this... ❞ He continues to say, even in the fact of three unavoidable attacks coming toward him. Something about Nishiki's words sparked a different emotion in Majima that was akin to impending fear, like a hidden switch had been uncovered and about to be pushed. ❝ The executioner's regards: awaken, the essence of ira.

A burst of shadows came from Majima's arm and soon his body the moment Nishiki spoke those words. Nishiki didn't see the need to get involved at this point, only watching as the shadows cleared up in an instant to show that Majima had transformed into a more demonic appearance and tearing off his jacket top as it fell to the ground with a thud.

zd9ya8C.jpg

The only remotely recognizable part that was left after this sudden transformation was Majima's eyepatch, which was loosely obscured by the longer strands of hair.

From there, Majima had outstretched his elongated claw to force Ouroboros back and the other claw to swipe at Sophie, a wild gaze was in the demon yakuza's eye, like an inhumane dog starving for something to calm its sudden hunger. Somehow, it was like some other factor was goading Majima to protect Nishiki all of a sudden.

❝ I wasn't aware that she also made a deal with Majima, which works out for me. What a lucky break this has been. ❞ Nishiki confidently laughs, only watching as Majima charged at Yennifer next with the erratic motions to pounce at her.

A peculiar set of items were scattered on the ground from Majima's discarded jacket: numerous syringes with a blue substance. A crumpled post-it note was left on one of the syringes with a short message of "Use ONLY in emergencies!" on it.

@Ver @Lucky @Jeremi @Crow @York @Crunch @Minerva @Yun Lee @Capri @Takumi @Space_Candy @Atomic Knight
@Past

Npc_zoom_3040120000_02.png

"Ooooh yes," Cagliostro laughs. "AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

FEEL MY POWER

OPUS...

... MAGNA!!!!"

After Ouroboros was pushed back, its twin bodies circle Nishiki's newly mutated body, creating what was effectively a black hole at the core to deal massive damage!

During the assault, Cagliostro picks up one of Majima's syringes.

"... I can smell the mediocrity from behind its secure containment. Let's improve it. Hmmm... I should be able to replicate the abilities of that pesky Clark Kent by reverse-engineering the bonding affinity of green Kryptonite... modified Fuse to further amplify abilities... a small trace of my recently-uncovered Dreamstone... the body fluids of Primals of six different elements... and a few more things... and perfect."

Cagliostro then turns to Majima(and Yennefer) with the new concoction.

"Hey, patchy! I believe you dropped something important! Don't want you to spasm in the middle of the fight!

Lady! catch!"

Cagliostro flings the syringe towards Yennefer for her to use to counter Majima.

@Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @York @amwexia @NishikiFight​

Last edited:
Little My flew back with that kick, but ultimately was unharmed, again, except for the coughing.

She had lost sight on what was happening with the fight. Suddenly, she saw Cagliostro’s magic dragons envelop Nishiki, and a pile of syringes filled with this strange blue medicine.

She picked one up, placing it into the pocket alongside the gold coin Cagliostro gave her. Moominmamma always said to be extra careful with unknown liquids or someone might turn into a frog. As much as turning into a frog seems fun, how much help can a frog do in a fight.

As much help as Little My is doing now, Cagliostro’s doing all of the heavy lifting.

@Ver @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @EveryoneElse​

The angry shirtless man from earlier had turned into a werewolf. If only Yennefer had been a Witcher rather than a mage. This guy had once been an ally, and was now raging. This was not a situation one wanted to be in. She would have to think fast in order to get out of this without hurting him through magic.

She quickly grabbed the flying syringe, and then braced herself from impact from the beast. She would do a quick hand motion as impact was made.

Yennefer vocalized a slight "Oof" as the wind was knocked out of her.

When she opened her eyes, they were in a desert. The Ddiddiwedht Desert, a dead world. She stood up, and stumbled a bit. She wiped some blood from her mouth and stood up, syringe still in hand.

latest

This was a place she was familiar with now.

Anyone who followed her through a sudden portal would also find themselves in the desert.

@Capri @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @Jeremi @York @Majima​

"I'm not conscripted," the boy said, apologetically. "My name is Mithos." He shook his head and took a few steps toward the pair. "My family is one of the ones living on Knowhere. My sister, she..." The boy closed his eyes, truly looking as if he was in emotional pain. "She's lost."

@Takumi @Yun Lee

"Hey, some inquisitive minds gotta ask the tough questions," Piper said, doing a one-shoulder shrug. She was about to throw a follow-up when a noise caused her to turn to a room off to the side of the hall. It looked to be one of the bigger vaults.

"You guys hear that?" she asked.

@Jeremi @Lucky

@Sark @Donder172

As Piper said that, the Cosmic Ghost Rider materialized two massive guns aimed towards the noise. “Are you an annoying possibly undead traitor? Yes, I heard that.” Not wasting any time he headed towards where the sound had come from. It had been forever since he had blown something up and right now that would really hit the spot.

@Atomic Knight @Lucky

The angry shirtless man from earlier had turned into a werewolf. If only Yennefer had been a Witcher rather than a mage. This guy had once been an ally, and was now raging. This was not a situation one wanted to be in. She would have to think fast in order to get out of this without hurting him through magic.

She quickly grabbed the flying syringe, and then braced herself from impact from the beast. She would do a quick hand motion as impact was made.

When she opened her eyes, they were in a desert. The Ddiddiwedht Desert, a dead world. She stood up, and stumbled a bit. She wiped some blood from her mouth and stood up, syringe still in hand.

latest

Anyone who followed her through a sudden portal would also find themselves in the desert.

Yennefer would hear a loud *click* sound as Bayonetta stood over Majima with her gun aimed square at his head. “Come on now girly,” Bayonetta replied with a cheeky smile to Yennefer. “Stab that loud prick with the needle so we can get this nonsense over with.”

While this was going on Mae had taken a spot as observer for the time being. While she could have contributed with a few choice fireballs here and there it seemed like the group largely had it under control. Instead, she noticed Cagliostro picking up the syringe and the note attached to it and her compatriots vanishing into a portal. Well, sauntering into a portal in regards to Bayonetta.

“Perhaps those fireballs could be handy right about now,” She murmured to herself reading a spell to flick two balls of flame towards Nishiki.

@Capri @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @Jeremi @York @Majima

Yennefer would hear a loud *click* sound as Bayonetta stood over Majima with her gun aimed square at his head. “Come on now girly,” Bayonetta replied with a cheeky smile to Yennefer. “Stab that loud prick with the needle so we can get this nonsense over with.”

Yennefer would leap towards the werewolf, controlling the wind to give her momentum and keep herself grounded if he responded. If she landed, she would inject the needle into him and press the plunger down. Now they would want to wait it out to see what reaction the souped up potion had on the man, to see if it caused him to rage or to calm down.

That was why she had sent them to the desert. That way they could be away from people who would be at risk of being attacked if something went awry.

@Gummi Bunnies @Ver @York @Capri @Crow @Majima​

The lamppost exploded in Skullshatterer's face as it was countered, causing a dozen Buzzshocks to pop out. As Skullshatterer hopped onto the roofs, The Buzzshocks spoke to Schala.

"We're going for gasmask!"

The Buzzshocks communed for a bit, before half began to zap away into the city, and another half pursued Skullshatterer with speed no different from lightning.

gXOFsML.png

"Hey gasmask! Over here!"

"No, no, no, over here!"

"DDDDDDDDDDDDFFFFFFTTTTT!"

But the main group of Buzzshocks were merely distracting what the second group of Buzzshocks were preparing for Skullshatterer.

First and foremost, one of the Megawhatts smacked a metal bench in Shallshatterer's body.

Next up, was a vending machine. Probably that broken one in the park that someone keeps losing coins in! Goodbye sucker!

Up next was a crane machine, and let me tell you, the plushies that decorated the insides of the stand did not make getting smacked by this thing any less painful.

Oh and uh, two more vending machines. The buzzy battery boys must've run out of ideas, but at least they were all different types of vending machines!

"A bench? Seriously? A bench? Couldn't find another lamppost? A traffic light? A CAR?"

"Hey, it worked, didn't it? Besides, don't we destroy enough cars already?"

As those words were spoken, a large van was smacked right on top of Skullshatterer.

"WHAT DID I JUST SAY?"

"It was to be scrapped! It's OK!"

@York @ShullshattererFight

"Honour schmonour. Such a mentality will get you slain," Cagliostro says as Ouroboros lunges towards Nishiki.

dqVFrOw.png

"Which is precisely why I'm intervening and ending this in one blow! Tell me, stranger, were you counting on this being a one-on-one?"

@Gummi Bunnies @NishikiFight​
"I don't blame you after that. There aren't many people who would still trust blindly after that." James said in response. "Still, it's best not to get paranoid by it. Paranoia can be costly, just as much as blind trust."

As the fight started, Meceliss took her lightsaber from her belt and ignites it. Its green blade snapping out of it, followed by a soft hum coming from the lightsaber.

As the man started to shoot grenades, Meceliss countered with telekinetic pushes to make sure the grenades did not come close to her or her allies. While the smoke obscured her sight, she was still able to sense him with Force Sense. Unless he was the same case ass the Yuuzhan Vong. While Skullshatter had moved to another position, Meceliss quickly took the initiative to follow him. Using Force Jump to follow onto the rooftop. Holding her lightsaber in a Soresu opening stance. Aiming a Force Push to either push their aim off or force to focus on her, rather than Meceliss' allies.
latest
Deadpool

" I really don't like that they followed us here, hey, could you hold this?"
Deadpool asked Connor. Before the other young man could answer him, he would shove Quentin into his arms and draw his swords. " Well, now a fighting is something I can handle, I am not a talking person and I think you need to go. We got a world to save." He would attempt to slash the mystery attacker's leggers.

@York @Skull Shatter]
It was painfully obvious on the odds of the situation given first glance. There was two of them from the Revanchist, and the rest of them being from the Coalition. No doubt that the odds would be in the Coalition's favor. That was all it seemed to be at this moment in time. Nishiki remained abnormally calm, and keeping a passive stance despite obviously proclaiming that they would fight now.

Cloaking his leg again in that faint aura, the suited man nonchalantly does the motions with the intent to kick Little My away from him, not too concerned over the fact that he wasted time to prevent himself from being frozen by Yennifer's Aard sign. Of course, that only spelled the clear fate of being pummeled by Majima, stabbed by Sophie, and struck by Cagliostro's Ouroboros.

If only it were that simple.

❝ I was well aware of the odds I've been handed. ❞ Nishiki says dismissively to Cagliostro, but his eyes locked into making contact with Majima. The enraged man with the eyepatch, he was rushing at him with a predictable right hook. Heavy shadowy energy generated from his right arm, emitting an aura that felt like Majima's wrath was embedded in it. A brief look of surprise was plastered on Nishiki's face before going back to his calm and confident stare.

❝ But I'll have to thank that Institute's girl for this... ❞ He continues to say, even in the fact of three unavoidable attacks coming toward him. Something about Nishiki's words sparked a different emotion in Majima that was akin to impending fear, like a hidden switch had been uncovered and about to be pushed. ❝ The executioner's regards: awaken, the essence of ira.

A burst of shadows came from Majima's arm and soon his body the moment Nishiki spoke those words. Nishiki didn't see the need to get involved at this point, only watching as the shadows cleared up in an instant to show that Majima had transformed into a more demonic appearance and tearing off his jacket top as it fell to the ground with a thud.

zd9ya8C.jpg

The only remotely recognizable part that was left after this sudden transformation was Majima's eyepatch, which was loosely obscured by the longer strands of hair.

From there, Majima had outstretched his elongated claw to force Ouroboros back and the other claw to swipe at Sophie, a wild gaze was in the demon yakuza's eye, like an inhumane dog starving for something to calm its sudden hunger. Somehow, it was like some other factor was goading Majima to protect Nishiki all of a sudden.

❝ I wasn't aware that she also made a deal with Majima, which works out for me. What a lucky break this has been. ❞ Nishiki confidently laughs, only watching as Majima charged at Yennifer next with the erratic motions to pounce at her.

A peculiar set of items were scattered on the ground from Majima's discarded jacket: numerous syringes with a blue substance. A crumpled post-it note was left on one of the syringes with a short message of "Use ONLY in emergencies!" on it.

@Ver @Lucky @Jeremi @Crow @York @Crunch @Minerva @Yun Lee @Capri @Takumi @Space_Candy @Atomic Knight
@Past
Npc_zoom_3040120000_02.png

"Ooooh yes," Cagliostro laughs. "AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

FEEL MY POWER

OPUS...

... MAGNA!!!!"

After Ouroboros was pushed back, its twin bodies circle Nishiki's newly mutated body, creating what was effectively a black hole at the core to deal massive damage!

During the assault, Cagliostro picks up one of Majima's syringes.

"... I can smell the mediocrity from behind its secure containment. Let's improve it. Hmmm... I should be able to replicate the abilities of that pesky Clark Kent by reverse-engineering the bonding affinity of green Kryptonite... modified Fuse to further amplify abilities... a small trace of my recently-uncovered Dreamstone... the body fluids of Primals of six different elements... and a few more things... and perfect."

Cagliostro then turns to Majima(and Yennefer) with the new concoction.

"Hey, patchy! I believe you dropped something important! Don't want you to spasm in the middle of the fight!

Lady! catch!"

Cagliostro flings the syringe towards Yennefer for her to use to counter Majima.

@Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @York @amwexia @NishikiFight​
Little My flew back with that kick, but ultimately was unharmed, again, except for the coughing.

She had lost sight on what was happening with the fight. Suddenly, she saw Cagliostro’s magic dragons envelop Nishiki, and a pile of syringes filled with this strange blue medicine.

She picked one up, placing it into the pocket alongside the gold coin Cagliostro gave her. Moominmamma always said to be extra careful with unknown liquids or someone might turn into a frog. As much as turning into a frog seems fun, how much help can a frog do in a fight.

As much help as Little My is doing now, Cagliostro’s doing all of the heavy lifting.

@Ver @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @EveryoneElse​

latest

As Piper said that, the Cosmic Ghost Rider materialized two massive guns aimed towards the noise. “Are you an annoying possibly undead traitor? Yes, I heard that.” Not wasting any time he headed towards where the sound had come from. It had been forever since he had blown something up and right now that would really hit the spot.

@Atomic Knight @Lucky

While this was going on Mae had taken a spot as observer for the time being. While she could have contributed with a few choice fireballs here and there it seemed like the group largely had it under control. Instead, she noticed Cagliostro picking up the syringe and the note attached to it and her compatriots vanishing into a portal. Well, sauntering into a portal in regards to Bayonetta.

“Perhaps those fireballs could be handy right about now,” She murmured to herself reading a spell to flick two balls of flame towards Nishiki.

@Capri @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @Jeremi @York @Majima

Yennefer would leap towards the werewolf, controlling the wind to give her momentum and keep herself grounded if he responded. If she landed, she would inject the needle into him and press the plunger down. Now they would want to wait it out to see what reaction the souped up potion had on the man, to see if it caused him to rage or to calm down.

That was why she had sent them to the desert. That way they could be away from people who would be at risk of being attacked if something went awry.

@Gummi Bunnies @Ver @York @Capri @Crow @Majima​

Seeing Majima transform, then disappear thanks to Yennefer, taking Bayonetta with her, Sophie's attention turned to Nishiki once more. While she no longer had much in the way of supernatural powers, nor was she a particularly strong fighter, her experience in combat, dealing with enemies stronger than her would aid her here.

Armed with a knife, one that she seemed to be using thehilt of in battle, she stubbornly faced off against Nishiki, either hoping to find an opportunity to knock him out, or at least... Buying her allies a little more time to do whatever was neccessary.

Schala in the meantime had much more on her hands to take care of. Between her barriers, and Meciless using the force, many of the explosive Skullshatterer launched would barely miss their initial targets. But it was almost like a strange power was pushing back. Whoever Skullshatterer was, they had some supernatural abilities of their own.

They were soon caught offguard though, by Buzzshock, and his small army of what seemed like duplicates, launching various objects at them. With lighting fast reactions, Skullshatterer switched to their black blades, igniting them as they glowed red, as if they themselves were burning. The blades carved clean through the bench, struggled a little with the vending machine and its contents.

Then came the van.

Skullshatterer reached for one of their grenade launchers, creating a fiery explosion, followed by a sudden burst of ice, freezing the ground around them, but they weren't able to entirely prevent the object from slamming into their body.

That shimmer could b e seen again, and part of their gas mask shattered, revealing a familiar eye, with a distinct, orange iris.

An aura of fire seemed to radiate from the eye... As a more recognizeable voice spoke.

hnuIrcG.png

"Heh... That was... Fun... I admit, I had fun entertaining you. But... It's time... To end this. I, Skullshatterer... Will be taking that girl now!" A distinctly feminine voice cried out.

It was then that Sophie, finding a brief opening in her battle with Nishiki finally turned around, and saw Skullshatterer's partially revealed face.

"C-... Cinder?!"

But whoever Sophie had thought was Cinder didn't seem to respond, save for the exposed eye closing for a moment, then opening again, as a distinct change in pressure seemed to take place, Meciless might have felt a minor shift in the air, as if there was a disturbance in the force, but... Yet, different somehow.

And then, a rumbling started, as objects were forming out of the smokescreen. Schala barely had enough time to shout.

"Get down! Her magic, it's strong! I don't know if I can defend against this!" She shouted.

It was soon clear what she was talking about; large, crystaline shards of varying color formed from within the smokescreen, glowing brighter and brighter as a cascade of embers emanated from them. The air itself was growing hotter and hotter, but in that brief opening she had, Schala remembered that dreamstone she held with her.

Its power resonated all of a sudden, thanks to Cagliostro's sudden replication of its properties, even in another location.

For just a moment, the dreamstone's pseudo duplicate, and the stone itself connected, pulsating with an ancient power. And it was then, that Schala had a moment of clarity. And then, Schala began to sing, her voice settling on a single, almost alien sounding tune, each note resonating with the crystaline shards gathered around them, delaying their arrival for just a few moments.

"Now! Give her everything you have! I'll protect you!" She shouted to the others.

As the woman who had once called herself Skullshatterer prepared to unleash hell amongst the group, Schala delayed her motions for just a moment, granting both an opportunity for the others to strike their enemy down... And Schala to create a strong enough barrier.

But would that alone be enough?

Whatever the case would be, both sides would be taking a gamble. Though, given the Coalition's strength in numbers, maybe just maybe... They could be victorious...​

"Okay, I've had enough of this. You creeps shouldn't turn your back on a Level 5."

Tink!

As Misaka's voice suddenly cut through the battle like a hot knife through butter, the sound of what seemed like a coin being flipped into the air subsequently rang through the field. In that instant, Touma knew what was going to happen from here, and not even he dared interfere, stepping back as though to give the girl a wide berth for what she was about to do.

Indeed, a silver coin could be seen flying into the air, before dropping down once it stopped rising. Misaka outstretched her arm, her hand balled up into a fist save for her index finger, held back by her thumb as though preparing to flick her finger. As electricity surged around her form, she waited for the coin to reach her again, and when the time was right...

BOOM!

View attachment 4886

In the blink of an eye, a blinding light suddenly shot forward from Misaka's position. Using her power, she had shot the coin forward at ungodly speed, such a display easily breaking the sound barrier and creating a groove through the desert ground as it left pure destruction in its wake. On the receiving end of the full brunt of the coin's supersonic journey was Skullshatterer -- or rather, the woman known as Cinder Fall -- as its sheer velocity and magnitude was able to practically propel her through the air and crash painfully into Nishiki, just in time for Yennefer to inject the syringe into Majima.

This was the power of the Railgun.

In an instant, the two Revanchist agents were disposed of, no longer moving as they were on the ground in no time. Despite working with the younger girl as ODMA agents, Sion couldn't help but let out an almost impressed breath, looking over the two downed hostiles as she stood next to Misaka.

"Are they...?" The lavender-haired young woman braved to ask as the scene began to calm down.

"Don't worry. They're just out cold. Might not be walking for a few weeks unless they're taken good care of though, and that wasn't even a tenth of my full power," the girl said with a wry smile, as though unable to help but take some pride in her extraordinary power.

"Uwooh! As expected of Biri-Biri!" Touma exclaimed excitedly, more openly impressed than Sion despite having known Misaka for even longer, and in conjunction, knowing of what she was capable of. Maybe he was just happy to not be on that receiving end of her power for once.

If Sion's reaction made Misaka puff up with pride, Touma's deflated her in turn, the girl letting out a breath as she looked away briefly. "Like I said, it was nothing..." She said, brushing aside some stray hair.

"Oh thank god, they're dead as shit," Musujime uttered erroneously behind the rest of the group.

As everyone made their way back to the exterior of the Windowless Building of Academy City, the scene undisturbed practically, they were finally able to get back on track for the mission. But before that could happen...

View attachment 4887

"Is everyone alright? It is fortunate that we managed to come out on top against the Revanchist this time, but we shouldn't rely on fortune too much," Sion said flatly. "In the meantime, we may as well take these two into custody. Can we get a transport for these two to Coalition HQ?" She said, asking her question into the group's comm link.

"Yes, you may," Fiamma's voice responded in the communicator, before pausing and speaking again. "... Once I figure out how to do that."

"... You don't know how to do that?"

"There are a lot of buttons on this console. Maybe I should ask Ms. Kirigiri, but I wouldn't want to bother her..."

"I-In any case..." Touma breathed, looking to Musujime. "A deal's a deal, isn't it?"

"Yeah yeah," the twin-tailed girl responded, exhaling deeply before twirling the flashlight in her hand nonchalantly. "I don't know a lot about why you people are here, but I do know you're pressed on time, and I don't wanna see any of you people ever again after this. Are you all ready to go in then? All aboard the train to the Windowless Building."

@York @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @Crow @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Lucky @Capri @Minerva @Donder172 @Takumi @Everybody

While walking, Little My does what she does... she blabbers.

“I don’t get why it’s called the windowless building. There’s tons of windowless buildings! My brother can attest to that. He says they’re normally prisons. So this building’s a prison, right? It’s a smart idea to lock this great spirit in the slammer. I do think it’s kinda weird that I’m heading to a prison with a bunch of strangers, you don’t know what could happen in th-”

And then, as if hell had frozen over, Little My grew silent. It wasn’t anything that anyone said, or anything anyone did, or a secret Revanchist or whatever.

She looked... sad.

“I miss my friends...” Little My said, clearly homesick, “I miss Moomin, and Snufkin, and Snorkmaiden, and Sniff... I even miss Stinky!”

But immediately snapped back into her hyperactive self and hopped in place.

“Well, what are we waiting for? Let’s find this thing!”

@Ver @York @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Crunch @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Minerva @Lucky @Donder172 @EveryoneElse​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back