Status
Not open for further replies.
Alvin and Rowen had the easier task of leading the group through the city and to the Electric Town district. It was not a long walk, shortened further by the group's need to rush.

YtbAIQZ.jpg

Electric Town was a bustling section of Avalon that always seemed to be on the move. It wasn't easy for the group to travel through quickly without drawing too much suspicion. Thankfully, it was not long before they arrived outside the warehouse.

"We don't know what will be waiting inside," Alvin said. "No matter what, we have to stop whatever the husks are doing."

@Jeremi @Minerva @Warehouse

Byakuya gave Severa a withering look, but said nothing as he turned to lead his group away. He and Deadshot led their group down a couple back alleys and through what appeared to be a sewer grate into the expansive spaces of the underground.

ppQARMz.jpg

Despite the look of the underground, it was far from a bad place to be. It was largely safe, due to the amount of civilians who simply preferred it to living above-ground. The ODMA representatives had no time for dawdling though. They found their way to a small corridor and into a space that had gone unused by many. Unfinished wiring meant that the lighting in this area was dim, so the group could see little as they were led to a metal door.

"We must stop the husks," Byakuya said. "You are authorized to kill them."

@Yun Lee @Capri @Underground

For both groups currently on Ash, they had each been given an armored vehicle for transportation purposes. Each had been given a driver or two to accompany them on the journey, though Komaru Naegi had little desire to leave the vehicle transporting Alisha's group.

0NeV9JY.png

"As the driver, I really should stay here, right? Eheh..." She blinked. "Oh, what if the vehicle doesn't protect me from malevolence? Man..."

Outside of the vehicle was Piper's Landing, a small village thoroughly corrupted by malevolence.

8BdsyMm.jpg

Though it was normally a den of cultists and thieves, it was likely that the increased malevolence meant that the village was completely deserted. Well, by any mortal, at least.

@Ver @Capri @Piper's Landing

As the vehicle transporting Milla's group came to a stop before the cathedral, Milla was quick to open the hatch at the top and start climbing out. The driver, a man named Ivar, called after her.

31bfYSG.jpg

"Lady Milla, you should wait up for me!"

The woman popped her head back through the hatch and stared at him. "... Yes, best you and everyone else stick close to me, or else the malevolence might get to be too much to handle." Milla then popped back out and hopped off the vehicle.

"I-I meant that I should protect you..." he said, shaking his head.

oIUJnof.jpg

The cathedral was a looming menacingly over the group, as if hiding dark secrets. No one knew what lay inside, as no one had felt the need to check it out n a very long time. It was clear that waves of malevolence were emanating from the structure.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Cathedral

Undecided: @Crow @Takumi @Minerva @Crunch @Josh @Alex Azure @Donder172 @Sark @York @Gummi Bunnies @Space_Candy @Kaykay @Ver @Lucky @Ottonomous Ghost
View attachment 5018

"I'm right here, little one. Though it seems that you've managed to make good with more of the team in the meantime. You're growing," Riesbyfe observed as she appeared beside Severa and Little My, traveling alongside them, Byakuya, and Deadshot. She remained relatively silent as they traversed through the underground.

"Even though I'm not quite as well-versed in the layout of the underground paths, Avalon is familiar territory to me. I used to live here for quite a while, so stay close to me and we should be fine. Hopefully," the knight breathed.

Meanwhile, in response to Little My's inquiry, the masked marksman let out an audible sigh.

View attachment 5019

"You'll know it when you see 'em, kid. You should probably stand back for this..." Deadshot grunted, the red eye on his mask illuminating the way a bit before he put a hand on the metal door, and began to open...

@Atomic Knight @Capri @Yun Lee @Underground

"Just follow my lead!" Alisha replied to FF assuredly, clutching her lance as she hopped forward, keeping wary with each step she took. "I like to think I've got a better eye for malevolence than others, if only because I'm more used to it, but once we get closer to the source, you should know it when you see it too."

View attachment 5020

"It's almost stifling here... Hopefully we'll be able to find the source before we get too deep in," Touma commented, and with that, followed Alisha alongside the others who had followed.

It was probably a bit redundant to say that this place gave him a bad feeling; he wondered how much help he'd even be able to be in a place like this, but he was hardly the type of person who'd stay back safe and sound at Knowhere, not when there existed the slight possibility that he could do something.

@Capri @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Piper's Landing

Shigure had followed those on Avalon who went underground. He didn't say much currently, and didn't really feel like talking at the moment as he kept up with the others.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Capri @Underground

"This place feels cold, almost like it's...dead." Chise muttered as she gripped her cursed arm with her free hand. Her left hand nearly snapped her staff in half with how tight she held it.

Her heightened senses felt almost overwhelmed on a frustrating level, but she wanted to help as best as she could.

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Crunch @Gummi Bunnies @Capri @Piper's Landing

As the group stepped inside into the dark warehouse, it was clear that something was amiss. Alvin regarded what Yennefer said for a moment. "The husks have been performing rituals of some kind..." He gripped the gun in his hand, ready to fire. "Just stick close together."

@Jeremi @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @Warehouse

Byakuya nodded at what Deadshot said. "They look like any mundane person," he said. "However, look into their eyes and you will see that they are lifeless."

He followed Deadshot inside, leading the group into a large chamber. Lit torches lined the walls, allowing the group to see. Stone steps went down left and right, eventually twisting around to the floor below. Byakuya looked over the edge from the entrance and spotted a group of people knelt down in a circle.

"That's them," he said.

@Yun Lee @Capri @Takumi @Underground

Komaru laughed a bit at everyone's concern. "I guess my brother surrounds himself with good guys, huh?"

It was a village of the dead with nothing notable in sight. However, even the must mundane of the group was able to feel a pull in a certain direction. It was like something menacing was gently pushing them in the direction it wanted to go. Under normal circumstances, it was probably something to avoid, but there was no better lead for the source of the malevolence.

Before long, there appeared a sign of life. A small, odd creature stood in the group's way, situated between two buildings.

x7m9lou.png

@Ver @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @Takumi @Piper's Landing

"We can't just level the building," Milla said in response to Frank. "There's likely a tear in space-time that's leaking malevolence. Perhaps it leads to the dark place... perhaps it leads to the space in-between worlds. Whatever the case, I must seal it."

Milla led the group inside, Ivar following close behind her. They had to climb over debris to step into darkness, though a menacingly red glow broke through the stormy clouds above and bathed the cathedral in an eerie light. The inside smelled like sulfur and death.

Milla moved quickly through a vestibule and threw open the double doors to the large main room. There, in the center of the room, was a fountain of dark energy that trailed upward toward the broken ceiling. Three men surrounded the fountain.

One turned to the group, a staff in his hands.

Owm8daM.jpg

"We weren't expecting company."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Minerva @Lucky @York @Cathedral

Undecided: @Crow @Josh @Alex Azure @Donder172 @Sark @York @Space_Candy @Kaykay @Ottonomous Ghost

Last edited:
"How can husks even perform a ritual anyway?" Severa asked, already making her way down the left set of stairs. "I mean? Can they talk? What if the ritual needs people who can talk? Clearly no one thought this throu--"

Severa was suddenly forced back into the rest of the group, slamming into those closest to her. The redhead groaned, sitting up. "What the heck was that?! There's not even anything there!!"

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Capri @Takumi @Underground

---

"We weren't expecting someone to use this cathedral for apocalyptic means," Libra replied, stepping forward with caution. The Malevolence here was suffocating... "It appears all of us had our plans interrupted."

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Minerva @Lucky @Cathedral​

The door was cold to the touch. Anyone who was observant would notice ice crystals fractalizing on the metal warehouse door. If you opened the door, you would be met with chills, and your breath, visible in the air. The room was dark, and large. The shelves of the warehouse were organized in a maze, with several knocked over, and others with plywood between them, acting as bridges.

Up ahead, there would be a flickering light and several shapes leaning against shelves. It looked like a veritable mess.

Yennefer crossed her arms. "Well, this is all very lovely."

"This place... It's unholy..." Corrin said. She had her hand on her sword, ready in case of anything. Her hair was pulled back, and her armor was new and shiny, having just returned from the UN Headquarters.

"Yes, let's go in." She said calmly.

“And a little bit nippy,” Bayonetta quipped as she sauntered into the warehouse. “Oh if only there some central heating in this place, but I guess we just have to make do. Now come along now come on! Let’s find the owner and ask them who their decorator is.”

@Atomic Knight @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @Warehouse

The Cosmic Ghost Rider still had his guns aimed at the place brimming with the Power Cosmic. “Just making it go bye bye is still on the table guys…Please tell me it’s still on the table.”

@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Minerva @Lucky @Cathedral

As the group stepped inside into the dark warehouse, it was clear that something was amiss. Alvin regarded what Yennefer said for a moment. "The husks have been performing rituals of some kind..." He gripped the gun in his hand, ready to fire. "Just stick close together."

Byakuya nodded at what Deadshot said. "They look like any mundane person," he said. "However, look into their eyes and you will see that they are lifeless."

He followed Deadshot inside, leading the group into a large chamber. Lit torches lined the walls, allowing the group to see. Stone steps went down left and right, eventually twisting around to the floor below. Byakuya looked over the edge from the entrance and spotted a group of people knelt down in a circle.

"That's them," he said.

Komaru laughed a bit at everyone's concern. "I guess my brother surrounds himself with good guys, huh?"

It was a village of the dead with nothing notable in sight. However, even the must mundane of the group was able to feel a pull in a certain direction. It was like something menacing was gently pushing them in the direction it wanted to go. Under normal circumstances, it was probably something to avoid, but there was no better lead for the source of the malevolence.

Before long, there appeared a sign of life. A small, odd creature stood in the group's way, situated between two buildings.

x7m9lou.png

"We can't just level the building," Milla said in response to Frank. "There's likely a tear in space-time that's leaking malevolence. Perhaps it leads to the dark place... perhaps it leads to the space in-between worlds. Whatever the case, I must seal it."

Milla led the group inside, Ivar following close behind her. They had to climb over debris to step into darkness, though a menacingly red glow broke through the stormy clouds above and bathed the cathedral in an eerie light. The inside smelt like sulfur and death.

Milla moved quickly through a vestibule and threw open the double doors to the large main room. There, in the center of the room, was a fountain of dark energy that trailed upward toward the broken ceiling. Three men surrounded the fountain.

One turned to the group, a staff in his hands.

Owm8daM.jpg

"We weren't expecting company."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Minerva @Lucky @Cathedral

Undecided: @Crow @Josh @Alex Azure @Donder172 @Sark @York @Space_Candy @Kaykay @Ottonomous Ghost

"I mean if you're a coward..." The Rider grumbled as he lowered his weapons following Milla through the malevolence. Once they found the fountain and the three men his guns would point forwards yet again. "That's usually what people up to no good says...Can I shoot them already and just skip the inevitable betrayal part?"

LITTLE MY
@Ver @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Takumi
Little My, upon seeing the husks in a circle, became curious. She wanted to know what they were surrounding. As stealthily as possible, she crawled down off of Ries's shoulder and tip-toed over to a wall, which she attempted to climb using the indentations on the wall as small stepping stones.

FOO FIGHTERS
@Atomic Knight @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @Takumi
"What... what is that?" FF asked, "Is that this 'malevolence' thing I keep hearing about?"

Wade Wilson/ Deadpool

" Well, I mean, if the things we are dealing with are dead, they would probably like the cold. Maybe we should see where they are first before we try to get rid of them."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Atomic Knight

Billy Batson/
Shazam

" No, we don't know they are going to betray us, so we can't shoot them. They might be allies who want to help us, but if I'm wrong, you can slap me up the side of the head afterwards for being so naivee."

Wade Wilson/ Deadpool

" Well, I mean, if the things we are dealing with are dead, they would probably like the cold. Maybe we should see where they are first before we try to get rid of them."

Billy Batson/
Shazam

" No, we don't know they are going to betray us, so we can't shoot them. They might be allies who want to help us, but if I'm wrong, you can slap me up the side of the head afterwards for being so naivee."

“I’m readying up the “I told you so train” already,”
The Rider replied as his guns disappeared from his hands. “Just once I’d like to meet people who aren’t secretly assholes in this place and/or not going to stab us in the back at a seconds notice.”

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Atomic Knight

Little My wasn't able to see anything within the circle. It was very likely that the ritual had only just begun. However, a sudden force would send her falling right back down to the group below. It was as if she'd been shoved backwards once she hit a certain point of the wall above.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Capri @Takumi @Underground​

Billy Batson/ Shazam

" I can honestly say that I deserved it. Well, you've met me and I'm not secretly an asshole or wanting to stab you in the back. Though that is mostly due to the fact that i literally fought my way here, and was almost corrupted by some dick who wanted to see me become his next little science experiment, but yeah, I wish the world was nicer too."

@Jeremi

Little My falls on the ground, not with a loud bang, but with a quiet, cartoony kerplunk. Returning to her perch on Ries’s shoulder, she leaned in and whispered:

“There’s something up there that pushed me down!”

Albeit, whisper isn’t the right word, it’s more like a hushed tone of voice but it was loud enough for the others to hear.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Takumi @Underground​

"Something... is wrong," Alvin said.

"There might be a spell at work," Rowen added. "This place should not seem so... large, from the inside."

"There's no time to be stealthy," Byakuya said roughly. He looked around at the others. "There's no time left."

"I don't think I've seen this thing before..." Komaru began to say, but then the creature leaped forward and latched on to her arm. "What--?!" She then cried out in pain.

"It hurts!"

"I don't think it will be quite that easy," Milla said in response to Billy.

Ivar readied his weapons. "Hey, this guy-- his name's Solas," he said, making an attempt to step in front of Milla. "He was causing trouble during the Coalition civil war."

"You have no idea what our intentions are," Solas said. "We are simply using this malevolence."

Lf7Nird.jpg

"Pay them no mind, Solas," said one of the men. He eyed Milla. "Ah, I remember you."

"Zaheer," Milla said. "So, you're with this man? Even if you did assist in saving Jude and the others from the dark place, I can't just let you do as you please. This fountain of malevolence must be closed."

"Leave us be," Solas replied.

Milla nodded. "Or else?"

It was then that a burst of air erupted around the group, sending them all flying.

"Something... is wrong," Alvin said.

"There might be a spell at work," Rowen added. "This place should not seem so... large, from the inside."

"There's no time to be stealthy," Byakuya said roughly. He looked around at the others. "There's no time left."

"I don't think I've seen this thing before..." Komaru began to say, but then the creature leaped forward and latched on to her arm. "What--?!" She then cried out in pain.

"It hurts!"

"I don't think it will be quite that easy," Milla said in response to Billy.

Ivar readied his weapons. "Hey, this guy-- his name's Solas," he said, making an attempt to step in front of Milla. "He was causing trouble during the Coalition civil war."

"You have no idea what our intentions are," Solas said. "We are simply using this malevolence."

Lf7Nird.jpg

"Pay them no mind, Solas," said one of the men. He eyed Milla. "Ah, I remember you."

"Zaheer," Milla said. "So, you're with this man? Even if you did assist in saving Jude and the others from the dark place, I can't just let you do as you please. This fountain of malevolence must be closed."

"Leave us be," Solas replied.

Milla nodded. "Or else?"

It was then that a burst of air erupted around the group, sending them all flying.

"The thin with any spell is getting rid of the spellcaster removes the spell. So..." Bayonetta cocked her guns and sauntered further into the warehouse. "Let's sally forth!"

"I told you sooooo!" The Cosmic Ghost Rider shouted as he was flung with the rest of the group but he landed gracefully on his feet with his two massive guns aimed at Solas and Zaheer. "You know we could play this out and stroke your egos for a bit, or both of you crawl into a fetal position and whimper a bit so that we can call it a day. Oooor, you can tell us what's going on and then we do either step one or two. Up to you."

"How do you except us to move when we CAN'T?!" Severa demonstrated by charging forward again, only to be sent flying once she reached whatever point the barrier was constructed at. "UGH! See??? We have to move out of this stupid forcefield!"

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Capri @Takumi @Underground

---

"Guh-!" Libra was knocked down to the ground, grabbing his Bolt Axe and lodging it into the ground to keep himself from flying further. "If they caused problems before this, then we must ensure they can't anymore!" Not bothering to wait for their response to Frank's threat, the priest gritted his teeth, raised up his axe, and summoned a bolt of thunder to hopefully at the very least disrupt the duo!

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Minerva @Lucky @York @Cathedral

Titus already did not enjoy the presence of the small, black creature before it decided to latch itself upon Komaru like a parasite. His expression turned to shock for a moment before the captain lunged himself forward. Titus shifted his weight to the side, allowing his armor's oversized pauldron to deflect FF's panicked shooting from hitting Komaru's arm.

"Calm yourself! You might shoot her!" he yelled to the shapeshifting creature, before turning his gaze back on the smaller creature. It no doubt looked harmless, but it was feasting on her arm like a hungering xenos parasite. Titus did not pride himself in his skills as an Apothecary, but now was no time to search for a professional. With a sharp tug of his wrist, the captain's chainsword was freed from its sheathe.

"Steady yourself. Steady..." he muttered, grasping the little black ball with one hand and lifting to where it was struggling to stay attached to Komaru's arm. Titus pumped the trigger on his blade, the sword coming to life with an eager roar of its engine. Komaru may have reservations about someone bringing a chainsaw so close to her arm but Titus was not looking for permission.

His eyes grew thin. Slowly, carefully, he brought the blade's scintillating teeth against the puffy black substance, intended to saw it off.

@Ver @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight @Takumi @Piper's Landing​

Byakuya grit his teeth and looked around himself. He really didn't have a constructive response for Severa.

"Clearly, flinging yourself at it isn't working."

Komaru screamed as Titus came at her arm with the chainsword. She closed her eyes and tried to hold still despite the pain. The small creature refused to let go, even as it began to be cut. It made no noise beyond the odd suction sound it was making, even as its body was split into two. It eventually exploded into a cloud of black dust, freeing the girl.

"W-Wow..." she said, breathing heavily.

She then breathed a sigh of relief, but a moment later, let out a worried cry when the road ahead began to fill with a huge crowd of the small creatures.

A magical barrier conjured by Solas came down and protected his trio, while Zaheer's airbending dissipated some of the lightning. "All we desire is change," Zaheer declared.

"What we desire affects our worlds only," Solas added. "It was never my intention to involve the Coalition."

Byakuya grit his teeth and looked around himself. He really didn't have a constructive response for Severa.

"Clearly, flinging yourself at it isn't working."

Komaru screamed as Titus came at her arm with the chainsword. She closed her eyes and tried to hold still despite the pain. The small creature refused to let go, even as it began to be cut. It made no noise beyond the odd suction sound it was making, even as its body was split into two. It eventually exploded into a cloud of black dust, freeing the girl.

"W-Wow..." she said, breathing heavily.

She then breathed a sigh of relief, but a moment later, let out a worried cry when the road ahead began to fill with a huge crowd of the small creatures.

A magical barrier conjured by Solas came down and protected his trio, while Zaheer's airbending dissipated some of the lightning. "All we desire is change," Zaheer declared.

"What we desire affects our worlds only," Solas added. "It was never my intention to involve the Coalition."

"Blah blah blah, you, probably, evil bald guys are all the same. Instead of being cryptic assholes about, just tells, and we'll probably not maim and/or kill you. I could always let you re-live all the bad things you've ever done and, not to be that guy, but you guys look like people who have done a lot of bad." The guns clearly didn't have the intimidation factor he was hoping for and instead as the guns disappeared he'd conjure up a firey chain that the Rider started to twirl around. "Last chance fancy pants. I've been way too nice with guys like you during my time here. I already burned a kid awhile back and blondie over there has that cool ax so...I'm going to count down from three and then we'll going to get everything sorted out. One way or another. Three...two...one..."

@Atomic Knight USER=2381]@Yun Lee[/USER] @Jeremi @Minerva @Lucky @York @Cathedral

"Well neither is standing here running your mouth, but you're still doing THAT!" Gawds, this guy was the worst! Severa suddenly found herself missing Touma's company. "How about instead of standing around and pointing out the obvious you try and actually DO something like the rest of us?!"

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Capri @Takumi @Underground

---

"Never your intention?" That was just ridiculous. "You have not only involved the Coalition, the entire Multiverse! Children were killed today! Innocent children, victims of a terrorist attack, along with people who also wanted change in their worlds, and others! Do you desire change so much that you accept their blood on your hands?!"​

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Minerva @Lucky @York @Cathedral

Komaru shielded herself by putting her arms over her head, but it wasn't just her who was in danger now. "M-Maybe we should fall back!" she yelled.

Solas, Zaheer, and their third member looked nonplussed by anything Frank had to say. However, they did exchange glances at what Libra said. "Whatever bloodshed you speak of recently, that has nothing to do with us," Zaheer said.

"The destruction of the Coalition's headquarters during your civil war was regrettable," Solas said, "but that is all the harm my actions have caused you."

Milla eyed them. "They're not with the Revanchist," she concluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back