Status
Not open for further replies.
After Shan Yu got caught up in Guy's rings, the Huns got ready to take him down, but the battle was stalled by the arrival of a high-ranking Revanchist member, Revolver Ocelot.

gxCXxJY.jpg

"You know how it is in the jungle, don't you? The weak die and the strong survive. But those... those who adapt... prosper," Ocelot said, raising an index finger and wagging it tauntingly. "Your predictability will be your downfall. This feud between us will surely get too hot, even for me, and I won't stick around to find out just how that'll culminate, so this is where we part ways. Shan Yu, gather the Huns and come. No more time to waste."

juBlipd.jpg

"Hmph. With the girl dead, I understand." Shan Yu and the Huns began to disappear, slowly fading away. "However, you..." Shan Yu glared at Guy. "I will have my revenge."

With the Huns gone, Ocelot smirked, looking down upon the group from where he stood, giving a fancy hand gesture to them. "I don't imagine we'll meet again, so... ciao!" And with that, he was off.

After a hard fought battle, the group attempting to take down Kenjiro dispatched his robots, allowing the silver-haired man to make the killing blow on the disgraced criminal. With no opposition in the way, the silver-haired man accessed the facility’s controls and sent the prison on a crash course with none other than Silent Earth, explaining the facility’s presence in that world.

QCmrZ1p.jpg

"Time for the next act to begin," said the man to Corrin and the others. "Curtain call will be upon us soon enough." He smiled at them and disappeared into darkness.

Amidst all this, the Coalition member, Oscar, succumbed to his wounds and died. With the prison on its way to destruction, Velvet decided it was time for her to leave, but Bowser was being a nuisance.

SHr72rs.jpg

The smoke cleared around Bowser and he stood up triumphantly from a crouch. "Gwaah ha ha ha! Did you think that'd do in the King--!"

"Move!" Dark flames erupted around Bowser, forcing him to step backward.

1h0rYQ2.jpg

Velvet, still broiling from her energy from her fight with Doomfist, glared at the big Koopa. "Damn lizard, you're in the way."

The room then shook violently, causing Velvet to look behind her. Her gaze lingered on the limp bodies of Oscar and Teresa. "Looks like it's done. This place is done for. Time to head out. Just..." She turned back to Bowser. "... one more nuisance." The woman raised her demonic arm and waked toward Bowser, whose eyes went wide in fear.

"Hold on now, if ya want a fight..." The King Koopa had just watched Velvet's fight and was not feeling particularly keen to face her. "Wait, this place is gonna go kaput soon, right? Well, better get going!"

Bowser ran off. Velvet smiled devilishly and followed him.

Velvet chased him off toward the escape pods, leaving the main group unsure how to proceed.

It was then that the illusions collapsed and everyone found themselves together again with no enemies in sight. In a flash of darkness, Patel appeared, the girl who had been working with members of The Order. The girl was in a panic, declaring that the group she had sent had failed to save her sister, Tess.

qZ9irww.png

"You failed me," she declared, her voice dripping with anger. "Milla said we could trust the Coalition, but clearly she was wrong!" The girl began to kneel down, as if in pain. "I used The Order to protect myself... I couldn't risk my life to save Tess. They wanted to draw me in." She looked up, glaring. "Together, we're the Great Spirit, Pluto!"

"W-What...?" Ludger shook his head. "Then, does this mean--?"

"Yes, without her, I am no longer a Great Spirit. They used her to draw too much power from me. Once they were satisfied, they killed her. Now, I..." She shook her head. "Maybe, with time-- Guuk!!"

Patel's eyes went wide as a sharp blade pierced her from behind. The girl disappeared into a mist, revealing her attacker to be a demonic-looking woman.

It seemed that some poor soul had actually survived the prison escape of the past. Teresa awoke, her body malformed by malevolence. She had been trapped in the facility during its time on SIlent Earth, slowly taking in great levels of negative energy and going insane. No one expected her as she appeared and killed Patel.

3gQbR6w.png

"I... I... Die, die, all of you! This is the land of the dead!"

The woman had gone completely mad with malevolence. In her rage, she wanted to do to the group what had been done to her and her brother, Oscar. Forced to kill Teresa, the group had hit their lowest point. Teresa’s madness infected some members of the group like poison and tainting them with malevolence. On top of that, Pluto was dead.

Their mission a failure, the group retreated from Silent Earth.

@Crow @Takumi @Minerva @Crunch @Krieg @Josh @Jeremi @Glostechk @York @Gummi Bunnies @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @MelodyMeister @Kaykay @Ver @Lucky @Ottonomous Ghost @Sark @Crimson Spartan @HealThyWounds @Jackythejack

Last edited:
z4aRB4W.png

Chapter 4 - Six feet under

Meanwhile multiple universes away in the world of Terca Lumireis a world of technology and fantasy. The second Coalition group was informed that Celsius, one of the Great Spirits, had sought refuge in this world with Revanchist in hot pursuit. This meant that the Coalition needed to follow quickly after to ensure that they found the Great Spirit before the enemy.

Using one of their portals the group would travel through and find themselves on the outskirts of a massive city.

Jude Mathis sighed, feeling exhausted. He had spent the last couple of hours tending to the wounded fighting the Revanchist forces and was only here now to fill in for a couple of the fallen fighters. As much as he wanted to be treating others right now, he couldn’t say he minded working alongside Milla Maxwell. He looked at her among the group and stared for a moment. There was a small smile on his face as he then looked up to take in the newest locale, a grand city called Zaphias located in a world that most members of the group would have described as "rustic," though Jude felt it wasn’t too unlike his own homeworld.

QfyVrGpu7GviGTj2xteq6Wpa-OFglSqUoIN2kKCMkYu9lYlZt0a0RKWkLwpgQyfhKCnMg36LJp5qj5t3OCeEASDsFDe2XABoW8TgjXh6ltld6ThKS4gqtFGv-o8tgjvn8mDIYDo3

This world was in the midst of a medieval era, but magic was intriguingly ripe all throughout. Each city had once been protected by huge barriers that warded off the beasts lurking outside the walls. Some kind of global event had occurred and deactivated the barriers and the other ancient technologies about a year past, but the people of this world had rapidly been moving forward, reminding Jude of the quick technological advances made in his homeworld of Rieze Maxia.

The group had arrived in front of a water fountain, a lone statue in a sea of civilians minding their own daily business. Though it was no longer working as a barrier, the giant towering structure at the city's center was still an amazing display that stood among the most awe-inspiring Jude had ever seen.

Wanda Maximoff, also known as the superhero the Scarlet Witch looked at the massive city before them. “We need to be careful not to disturb the locals, from what I’ve understood from reports the entire world has been part of an event that has changed their way of living and they are still adjusting. Once we reach the city we should split up into two teams to try and gather as much information we can get. Rumors, reports about mysterious armies, anything that might help us locate Celsius before Revanchist does.”

“Oh is that all?” Bayonetta strutted up to Wanda with a smile on her face. “That should be easy enough, Luv. Though I’m not so sure how inconspicuous we are going to be. Despite the grand city in front of us this place does look a bit, backwater don’t you say?”

“It’s not up to us to judge these worlds,”
Wanda replied firmly. “A lot hangs on us right now and we need to do everything to succeed.”

"Can't judge a book by its cover," Jack said, looking around at the city before them. "I've been whooped by folks half my size."

"Even so, if you need information, I'm your man." Cu Chulainn, who'd tagged along at the…"request" of his Master, winked at the group. "Say the word and I can learn whatever you need without anyone catching wise."

“I still can’t fathom I’d be this far from home, and yet still be working with a Heroic Spirit,” Riesbyfe commented idly. The Shield Knight and the Servant hailed from the same approximate universe; back before she had been whisked away from home even, Riesbyfe still knew of what the Holy Grail War was. What mage didn’t? But of course, all of that was relatively irrelevant when faced with their immediate mission.

“In any case, we should get moving. Any ideas on where we ought to start, Ms. Wanda?” The silver-haired knight inquired.

Wanda nodded. “Yes, let’s continue on and try to find something that can help us.” Listening on slightly to the locals they could hear that the city was split into three parts. One for the lowborn of the city where they were now, Midtown for the middle class and that of the Nobel quarters.

“May I give a suggestion,” Bayonetta replied. "We’d no doubt cover more ground if we split up into two teams to gather information. One group stays here and the other goes to the noble quarters. Both the poor and the rich usually talk about different things after. Once we have exhausted both options we'll rendezvous in Midtown and compare notes.”

“That doesn’t sound like a bad idea,” Wanda agreed. “Now we just have to decide who goes where.” She turned to the rest of the group to see what plans they had to gather up information. One group would stay in Lowtown to gather information while the other group would head to the Noble quarters to investigate.

Character List

@Jackythejack as Austin Powers and Rawr (Fallout OC)
@Crow as Ben Tennyson [Ben 10] and Cagliostro [Granblue Fantasy]
@HealThyWounds as Captain Alonso de Entrerríos (Ministerio Del Tiempo) and André Merlaux (Au service de la France)
@Takumi as Chise Hatori [The Ancient Magus Bride] and Shigure [Fire Emblem]
@Minerva as Corrin [Fire Emblem] and Cordelia [Fire Emblem]
@Crunch as Deoxys [Pokemon] and Titus [Warhammer]
@Krieg as Dr. Strange [Marvel] and Karl Franz I [Warhammer]
@Josh as Ellis [Left 4 Dead] and Clark Kent/Kal El [Smallville]
@Jeremi as Frank Castle AKA "The Rider" [Marvel] and Bayonetta [Bayonetta]
@Glostechk as Ilse Althaus Brandt [Original Character] and Aya Drevis [Mad Father]
@Crimson Spartan as Keaton [Fire Emblem] and Lon'qu [Fire Emblem]
@amwexia as Little My (Moomin) and Foo Fighters (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)

@Alex Azure as Mason Moretti [Original Character] and Macy Moretti [Original Character]
@Donder172 as Meceliss ( Star Wars The Old Republic OC) and Courier Six (Fallout: New Vegas)
@Sark as Midnighter [Wildstorm] and Guy Gardener [DC]
@York as Reiner Braun [Attack on Titan] and Schala Zeal [Chrono Trigger]
@Gummi Bunnies as Rinato "Rin" Dormi AKA "Lapis Lazuli" [Original Character] and Goro Majima [Yakuza]
@Yun Lee as Severa [Fire Emblem] and Jack [Street Fighter]
@Space_Candy as Quentin Smith [Dead by Daylight]
@MelodyMeister as Katherine "Kitty" Langley [Original Character] and Reimu Hakurei [Touhou Project]
@Kaykay as Shirou Yusa [Dies Irae] and Ren Fujii [Dies Irae]
@Ver as Touma Kamijou [A Certain Magical Index] and Riesbyfe Stridberg [Type-Moon]
@Lucky as Wade Wilson AKA Deadpool [Marvel] and Billy Batson AKA Shazam [DC]
@Ottonomous Ghost as Wolf AKA Sekiro [Sekiro] and Blitzcrank [League of Legends]​

Last edited by a moderator:

Meanwhile multiple universes away in the world of Terca Lumireis a world of technology and fantasy. The second Coalition group was informed that Celsius, one of the Great Spirits, had sought refuge in this world with Revanchist in hot pursuit. This meant that the Coalition needed to follow quickly after to ensure that they found the Great Spirit before the enemy.

Using one of their portals the group would travel through and find themselves on the outskirts of a massive city.

Jude Mathis sighed, feeling exhausted. He had spent the last couple of hours tending to the wounded fighting the Revanchist forces and was only here now to fill in for a couple of the fallen fighters. As much as he wanted to be treating others right now, he couldn’t say he minded working alongside Milla Maxwell. He looked at her among the group and stared for a moment. There was a small smile on his face as he then looked up to take in the newest locale, a grand city called Zaphias located in a world that most members of the group would have described as "rustic," though Jude felt it wasn’t too unlike his own homeworld.

QfyVrGpu7GviGTj2xteq6Wpa-OFglSqUoIN2kKCMkYu9lYlZt0a0RKWkLwpgQyfhKCnMg36LJp5qj5t3OCeEASDsFDe2XABoW8TgjXh6ltld6ThKS4gqtFGv-o8tgjvn8mDIYDo3

This world was in the midst of a medieval era, but magic was intriguingly ripe all throughout. Each city had once been protected by huge barriers that warded off the beasts lurking outside the walls. Some kind of global event had occurred and deactivated the barriers and the other ancient technologies about a year past, but the people of this world had rapidly been moving forward, reminding Jude of the quick technological advances made in his homeworld of Rieze Maxia.

The group had arrived in front of a water fountain, a lone statue in a sea of civilians minding their own daily business. Though it was no longer working as a barrier, the giant towering structure at the city's center was still an amazing display that stood among the most awe-inspiring Jude had ever seen.

Wanda Maximoff, also known as the superhero the Scarlet Witch looked at the massive city before them. “We need to be careful not to disturb the locals, from what I’ve understood from reports the entire world has been part of an event that has changed their way of living and they are still adjusting. Once we reach the city we should split up into two teams to try and gather as much information we can get. Rumors, reports about mysterious armies, anything that might help us locate Celsius before Revanchist does.”

“Oh is that all?” Bayonetta strutted up to Wanda with a smile on her face. “That should be easy enough, Luv. Though I’m not so sure how inconspicuous we are going to be. Despite the grand city in front of us this place does look a bit, backwater don’t you say?”

Wanda replied firmly. “A lot hangs on us right now and we need to do everything to succeed.”

"Can't judge a book by its cover," Jack said, looking around at the city before them. "I've been whooped by folks half my size."

"Even so, if you need information, I'm your man." Cu Chulainn, who'd tagged along at the…"request" of his Master, winked at the group. "Say the word and I can learn whatever you need without anyone catching wise."
“I still can’t fathom I’d be this far from home, and yet still be working with a Heroic Spirit,” Riesbyfe commented idly. The Shield Knight and the Servant hailed from the same approximate universe; back before she had been whisked away from home even, Riesbyfe still knew of what the Holy Grail War was. What mage didn’t? But of course, all of that was relatively irrelevant when faced with their immediate mission.
“In any case, we should get moving. Any ideas on where we ought to start, Ms. Wanda?” The silver-haired knight inquired.

Wanda nodded. “Yes, let’s continue on and try to find something that can help us.” Listening on slightly to the locals they could hear that the city was split into three parts. One for the lowborn of the city where they were now, Midtown for the middle class and that of the Nobel quarters.

“May I give a suggestion,” Bayonetta replied. "We’d no doubt cover more ground if we split up into two teams to gather information. One group stays here and the other goes to the noble quarters. Both the poor and the rich usually talk about different things after. Once we have exhausted both options we'll rendezvous in Midtown and compare notes.”

“That doesn’t sound like a bad idea,” Wanda agreed. “Now we just have to decide who goes where.” She turned to the rest of the group to see what plans they had to gather up information. One group would stay in Lowtown to gather information while the other group would head to the Noble quarters to investigate.

Character List

@HealThyWounds as Captain Alonso de Entrerríos (Ministerio Del Tiempo) and André Merlaux (Au service de la France)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Deoxys [Pokemon] and Titus [Warhammer]
@Glostechk as Ilse Althaus Brandt [Original Character] and Aya Drevis [Mad Father]

@Alex Azure as Mason Moretti [Original Character] and Macy Moretti [Original Character]
@Gummi Bunnies as Rinato "Rin" Dormi AKA "Lapis Lazuli" [Original Character] and Goro Majima [Yakuza]
@MelodyMeister as Katherine "Kitty" Langley [Original Character] and Reimu Hakurei [Touhou Project]
@Ver as Touma Kamijou [A Certain Magical Index] and Riesbyfe Stridberg [Type-Moon]
@Ottonomous Ghost as Wolf AKA Sekiro [Sekiro] and Blitzcrank [League of Legends]​

Until a short while ago, Macy had been tending to wounded as well. Despite having a tireless body, her soul was ml ore than worn out. But she had come along with this group for a reason. Somebody needed to play field medic, and she felt it was her responsibility.

They had already lost a spirit, and couldn't afford another. She had barely gotten to wave hello to her brother, who looked dejected after another loss.

"He'll be fine," she assured herself, "When we get back, I'm sure he'll be bright and chipper and ready for action."

She took a look around the medieval setting and rolled her sleeves down over her hands. A single glance wouldn't distinguish her from a human. However, she wished to avoid any chance of one of this world's natives finding a very anachronistic robot in their midst. She kept herself closed off, with her arms crossed.

At Bayonetta's suggestion, though, she brightened up a bit. "I think I'll go to the Noble quarters. Who else wants to come?"

@Jeremi @Anyone​

Last edited:
Billy Batson/ Shazam

Billy felt a shiver as he snapped back into reality from whatever he just saw. He didn't understand wat was happening, but it took second priority to saving the Great Spirits. Sure, he had been a ton of flashbacks to people who had died..... but it wasn't important. Whatever he was seeing wasn't real. He hadn't been there. He was here, saving the multiverse, not wherever these flashes were taking him too. He was fine. He was going to be fine. They had saved a Great spirit and he was going to save another one. He had learned something from the flashbacks. When he transformed, he could control what he looked like.

"Give me one minute. I got an idea." He closed and focused on looking fancy, a nice red suit that indicated someone of importance would wear. " Shazam."

e64b5021e1ce92a80baf51c569a75e60--zachary-levi-zack.jpg

" I'll go with you. This does look a business type noble, right?" He asked Macy.

@Jeremi @Alex Azure

CHAPTER FOUR - NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS, HERE’S THE SEX PISTOLS

If I were to tell you that there was a new face in that crowd, you’d say “there’s a new face?”

To be honest, even the other members don’t know she’s there, but when you notice her, god you’ll remember.

Her name is Little My, yes her legal name is Little My, and she’s the newest recruit to this Coalition whatchamacallit.

Let’s start from the beginning, Little My lived in a place called “Moominvalley” with her friends, who she was way older than but nobody can tell, she looks like a literal child but she’s like 30.

So she was out there, living her best life, when suddenly she gets a message from a letter. This letter was strange, no return address or anything, but it was addressed to Little My.

She was enlisted to be a part of the Coalition or something. Hell if she cared, she found a kite, a kite, she was ecstatic since this was one of the most exciting things to come out of Moominvalley.

Suddenly she found herself in this weird building, all high tech, which isn’t saying much since cars don’t exist where she’s from.

She asked what was happening, and someone told her. So she was all up to speed.

Legit, though, she tuned out after they stopped making sense, so she actually has no idea what’s happening.

So she overhears something about investigating in the Noble Quarters, and she has no clue where that is, or where she is right now, but there’s an investigation, an investigation. There’s something interesting happening up in the Noble Quarters, and of course she has to see what’s happening. Someone died, probably.

So Little My got up on the shoulders of this blue haired girl and spoke.

“I’m gonna investigate!” Little My shouted, “Don’t count me out!”

@Alex Azure @Jeremi @Lucky @EveryoneElse

"Well, if you'd like, we could continue working together!" Cu smiled cheekily at Riesbyfe, idly resting his Gae Bolg across his shoulders like it was nothing more than a wooden staff. "Nice to work with a lovely lady from my own world that isn't my master."

Meanwhile, Jack looked over their little group. He was unsure where to go. Though he wasn't dressed all fancy, he knew enough about the upper class from his time with Blair. "I'll go where I'm needed," he said firmly.

@Ver @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Alex Azure @Lucky @amwexia

Ries01.png

"Flattery will get you nowhere, but don't let that stop you," Riesbyfe bantered back to the Lancer, a cheeky smile on her face. Even with the grave mission ahead of them, it was important to get along with her teammates, she figured. Putting her hands on her hips, similarly letting her imposing shield rest upon her slim yet firm body, the young woman tilted her head ponderously.

"Hm... I do believe I'd be of more use in the Noble Quarters. Plus, such inquisitive work is not exactly my specialty. I've not the patience nor the intuition for that," the knight sighed, rubbing the back of her neck slightly. "Though... With so many others following suit as well, might we worry about making sure the groups are distributed a bit more evenly? I do worry about that..." She mumbled idly, holding her chin in thought.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Sark @Alex Azure @amwexia @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Others

Jack nodded. "Stayin' in Lowtown, then. I'd stick out like a sore thumb up otherwise."

Cu eyed the tall muscular man in a cowboy outfit. "You? Stick out?" Jack turned his head to the Lancer, and he quickly took his focus right back to Riesbyfe. "I can go into spirit form if needed. My current Master is a piece of work, but at least her magical energy keeps me powered up."

@Ver @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Alex Azure @Lucky @Sark @amwexia

The peace was more disturbing than anything else.

The radiant sun of this idyllic work rested high within the sky, brighter and warmer than the smog-choked stars Titus was accustomed. It's shimmer cast a vast shadow from Space Marine's hulking silhouette, who stood some ways away from the group, staring flatly at his immediate surroundings with a stony look. The mumbles and rustles of Titus' comrades did nothing to shock him out of his bubble of silence.

A stout servant of the Emperor would seize the opportunity to contemplate upon his or her service. Still, this world - this gross facsimile of peace - was more disquieting than any roaring battlefield Captain Titus has ever set foot upon. It was just too quiet, and the untouched nature of it all stirred him into something of an alert state.

Titus knew better than to spare any thought to what transpired between Asgard and here. The change of scenery and atmosphere would make any human he knew of - even a Space Marine - uncomfortable and paranoid. Titus understood that a period of stagnation trails every battle like buzzards to fresh carrion. Survivors would lick their wounds, count their dead, take inventory of what they had left, and choose whether to succumb to the curdling rot of their morale or fight until the last man spills his innards to the dirt in the name of the Emperor.

That belief was what had Titus disturbed; there was no stagnation. No time to reflect on the last battle, or at least take stock of what little they had left. Instead, it was one battlefield to the next - any casualties were memory-holed, any objections ignored. It was a testament to the confidence of the Coalition, as well as their desperation.

He could understand it, at least; there was too much on the line to let the dread take its toll. Man and Xenos, the innocent and corrupt; they're all being put to the sword. The hope that these compromises will lead to inevitable success was there, but...

Hope was the first step on the road of disappointment.

Titus scowled at nothing in particular, turning away from the sun and moving to rejoin his comrades. The whir of powered motors and heavy, ground-shaking stomps heralded the Astartes' approach, his myriad of weapons clanking against each other with each footfall. As is normal for him, Titus' mind had already processed the tactical situation while he was having his moment of solitude.

Subtlety is not exactly something Space Marines are known for.

View attachment 4329

"I will be of no use if this is to be a stealth operation. From what I gather, the Noble Quarters seems to be the better of the two options for me," he flatly uttered, glancing at Riesbyfe. "Heavily armed and armored warriors roaming among the peasantry would do no good for the morale of the civilian population."

As if the Adeptus Astartes as a whole, let alone the Ultramarines, ever cared about that. Still, a compromise must be made - as much as Titus abhorred it.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Sark @Alex Azure @amwexia @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Ver @Others​

ries3.png

"Right... If you insist..." Riesbyfe only said to Titus with a sheepish expression, twiddling her fingers together with light exasperation.

Now that they had more time to breathe after the mission on Asgard, it seemed that only then was she able to actually mingle with her supposed squadmates. And then it seemed like some of them were just eager to get back to battle anyway.

@Crunch

"Hm... I do believe I'd be of more use in the Noble Quarters. Plus, such inquisitive work is not exactly my specialty. I've not the patience nor the intuition for that," the knight sighed, rubbing the back of her neck slightly. "Though... With so many others following suit as well, might we worry about making sure the groups are distributed a bit more evenly? I do worry about that..." She mumbled idly, holding her chin in thought.

“Well, there’s nothing that’s gonna change my mind, Roast Beef,” Little My boldly stated, transferring over to this silver-haired woman’s shoulder, “I’m going to investigate, it seems interesting!”

Now, call this a stroke of a wild imagination and terrible hearing problem, but Little My swears this girl is named Roast Beef, which is a cool name.

@Ver @EveryoneElse

Ries18.png

"My name's not... Why does everyone keep calling me Beef?!"

It seemed she was somewhat used to it. With a furrowed brow, she gave a defeated sigh, waiting for the rest of the group to decide how to split themselves up.

@amwexia @Everybody

"I will be heading towards the Nobel Quarters as well," Bayonetta replied. "Places like this just give me such a dour feeling."

"I will stay in Lowtown."
Wanda looked around the area. "The group seizes perhaps don't matter, considering the potential size of where the rich people live."

And so they were off. The Noble Quarters group headed up a long set of stairs into what seemed to be an open plaza.

latest

There were a lot of people walking around as well as some sitting on the benches near the water. This seemed like it would be a perfect place to meet up with the other group once their investigation was finished.

After another set of stairs leading them even further up in the city, the group found themselves in the Nobel quarters. True to its name it was filled with posh looking mansions, actual guards stationed around and the people walking around was wearing lavish clothes. While the group seemed to be getting some weird groups from the natives, for now, it seemed that they were free to walk around and do what they pleased.

"Alright darlings." Bayonetta rubbed her hands together. "Let's listen to some gossip."

@Sark @Crunch @Ver @Jeremi @Alex Azure @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @amwexia @Nobles Quarters

Meanwhile, in Lowtown, the group was still standing by the fountain. "Well, time to investigate then." Wanda led those that stayed behind to follow her. From the path they used to enter Lowtown there was another set of stairs close by leading down. There they could spot what seemed to be an Inn or some sort, though in actuality it seemed to also be an apartment complex.

Much like with the group up in the Nobel quarters there were a lot of people around and while they gave the group a few glances they continued on with their lives. "This place is quite big, all things considered," Wanda replied. "Where should start looking for clues?"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lowtown

"Alright darlings." Bayonetta rubbed her hands together. "Let's listen to some gossip."

Little My was so uninterested in gossip. She wanted to get to the crime scene! The murder! The victim! She has no clue who even died! She’s not even sure anyone’s dead.

“I think I’ll stick with Roast Beef here,” she says, trying to sound important when she’s, y’know, a newbie.

She sits down on Riesbyfe’s shoulder, letting her feet dangle off of the edge.

@Sark @Crunch @Ver @Jeremi @Alex Azure @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @NoblesQuarters

Figuring it was better for her to stick around with the group going to Lowtown, Lapis loosely followed them down the stairs. She silently tugged at her side cape which covered her left side. Well, if it's information that they wanted...

yneRBED.jpg

❝ We could start asking at that inn nearby, and maybe at a marketplace if there happens to be one. ❞ Lapis thought out loud. This should be simple. The locals here didn't seem to mind them too much.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee
@LowtownGroup

Ren clicked his tongue in annoyance. Who the hell cared about some bird that much? Maybe it was possible to cut the rope holding the emblem and then the bird, but he really didn't want to risk failing that if he could avoid it. With no clean way to not get noticed by the falcon by himself, working together with the only one left was probably all he could do now.

"Hey, I saw something weird while patrolling," he said while walking over to Schala. Had to give a reason for his annoyance after all. Once he was close enough to her to talk without anyone else overhearing, he spoke again. "These emblems seem to stop magic we throw at them, but it doesn't stop anything like natural lightning, or rocks, or whatever. Got anything like that up your sleeve?"

While waiting for her answer he looked around for cover, some way to get into the building without being seen by the falcon.

@Yun Lee @York
After Shan Yu got caught up in Guy's rings, the Huns got ready to take him down, but the battle was stalled by the arrival of a high-ranking Revanchist member, Revolver Ocelot.

gxCXxJY.jpg

"You know how it is in the jungle, don't you? The weak die and the strong survive. But those... those who adapt... prosper," Ocelot said, raising an index finger and wagging it tauntingly. "Your predictability will be your downfall. This feud between us will surely get too hot, even for me, and I won't stick around to find out just how that'll culminate, so this is where we part ways. Shan Yu, gather the Huns and come. No more time to waste."

juBlipd.jpg

"Hmph. With the girl dead, I understand." Shan Yu and the Huns began to disappear, slowly fading away. "However, you..." Shan Yu glared at Guy. "I will have my revenge."

With the Huns gone, Ocelot smirked, looking down upon the group from where he stood, giving a fancy hand gesture to them. "I don't imagine we'll meet again, so... ciao!" And with that, he was off.

After a hard fought battle, the group attempting to take down Kenjiro dispatched his robots, allowing the silver-haired man to make the killing blow on the disgraced criminal. With no opposition in the way, the silver-haired man accessed the facility’s controls and sent the prison on a crash course with none other than Silent Earth, explaining the facility’s presence in that world.

QCmrZ1p.jpg

"Time for the next act to begin," said the man to Corrin and the others. "Curtain call will be upon us soon enough." He smiled at them and disappeared into darkness.

Amidst all this, the Coalition member, Oscar, succumbed to his wounds and died. With the prison on its way to destruction, Velvet decided it was time for her to leave, but Bowser was being a nuisance.

SHr72rs.jpg

The smoke cleared around Bowser and he stood up triumphantly from a crouch. "Gwaah ha ha ha! Did you think that'd do in the King--!"

"Move!" Dark flames erupted around Bowser, forcing him to step backward.

1h0rYQ2.jpg

Velvet, still broiling from her energy from her fight with Doomfist, glared at the big Koopa. "Damn lizard, you're in the way."

The room then shook violently, causing Velvet to look behind her. Her gaze lingered on the limp bodies of Oscar and Teresa. "Looks like it's done. This place is done for. Time to head out. Just..." She turned back to Bowser. "... one more nuisance." The woman raised her demonic arm and waked toward Bowser, whose eyes went wide in fear.

"Hold on now, if ya want a fight..." The King Koopa had just watched Velvet's fight and was not feeling particularly keen to face her. "Wait, this place is gonna go kaput soon, right? Well, better get going!"

Bowser ran off. Velvet smiled devilishly and followed him.

Velvet chased him off toward the escape pods, leaving the main group unsure how to proceed.

It was then that the illusions collapsed and everyone found themselves together again with no enemies in sight. In a flash of darkness, Patel appeared, the girl who had been working with members of The Order. The girl was in a panic, declaring that the group she had sent had failed to save her sister, Tess.

qZ9irww.png

"You failed me," she declared, her voice dripping with anger. "Milla said we could trust the Coalition, but clearly she was wrong!" The girl began to kneel down, as if in pain. "I used The Order to protect myself... I couldn't risk my life to save Tess. They wanted to draw me in." She looked up, glaring. "Together, we're the Great Spirit, Pluto!"

"W-What...?" Ludger shook his head. "Then, does this mean--?"

"Yes, without her, I am no longer a Great Spirit. They used her to draw too much power from me. Once they were satisfied, they killed her. Now, I..." She shook her head. "Maybe, with time-- Guuk!!"

Patel's eyes went wide as a sharp blade pierced her from behind. The girl disappeared into a mist, revealing her attacker to be a demonic-looking woman.

It seemed that some poor soul had actually survived the prison escape of the past. Teresa awoke, her body malformed by malevolence. She had been trapped in the facility during its time on SIlent Earth, slowly taking in great levels of negative energy and going insane. No one expected her as she appeared and killed Patel.

3gQbR6w.png

"I... I... Die, die, all of you! This is the land of the dead!"

The woman had gone completely mad with malevolence. In her rage, she wanted to do to the group what had been done to her and her brother, Oscar. Forced to kill Teresa, the group had hit their lowest point. Teresa’s madness infected some members of the group like poison and tainting them with malevolence. On top of that, Pluto was dead.

Their mission a failure, the group retreated from Silent Earth.

@Crow @Takumi @Minerva @Crunch @Krieg @Josh @Jeremi @Glostechk @York @Gummi Bunnies @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @MelodyMeister @Kaykay @Ver @Lucky @Ottonomous Ghost @Sark @Crimson Spartan @HealThyWounds @Jackythejack

Character List

@Crunch as Deoxys [Pokemon] and Titus [Warhammer]

"I will be heading towards the Nobel Quarters as well," Bayonetta replied. "Places like this just give me such a dour feeling."

Wanda looked around the area. "The group seizes perhaps don't matter, considering the potential size of where the rich people live."

And so they were off. The Noble Quarters group headed up a long set of stairs into what seemed to be an open plaza.

latest

There were a lot of people walking around as well as some sitting on the benches near the water. This seemed like it would be a perfect place to meet up with the other group once their investigation was finished.

After another set of stairs leading them even further up in the city, the group found themselves in the Nobel quarters. True to its name it was filled with posh looking mansions, actual guards stationed around and the people walking around was wearing lavish clothes. While the group seemed to be getting some weird groups from the natives, for now, it seemed that they were free to walk around and do what they pleased.

@Sark @Crunch @Ver @Jeremi @Alex Azure @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @amwexia @Nobles Quarters

Meanwhile, in Lowtown, the group was still standing by the fountain. "Well, time to investigate then." Wanda led those that stayed behind to follow her. From the path they used to enter Lowtown there was another set of stairs close by leading down. There they could spot what seemed to be an Inn or some sort, though in actuality it seemed to also be an apartment complex.

Much like with the group up in the Nobel quarters there were a lot of people around and while they gave the group a few glances they continued on with their lives. "This place is quite big, all things considered," Wanda replied. "Where should start looking for clues?"

Figuring it was better for her to stick around with the group going to Lowtown, Lapis loosely followed them down the stairs. She silently tugged at her side cape which covered her left side. Well, if it's information that they wanted...

yneRBED.jpg

❝ We could start asking at that inn nearby, and maybe at a marketplace if there happens to be one. ❞ Lapis thought out loud. This should be simple. The locals here didn't seem to mind them too much.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee
@LowtownGroup
Schala Zeal

Schala frowned for a moment, considering the question posed to her; if her magic wouldn't work here, what else did they have? Perhaps, if she were to use her magic indirectly, it would work?

She looked around for some debris, or even a good sized boulder she could use against that bird.

Maybe then, she might be able to sneak in and save the others?

Whatever became of her attempts to infiltrate the Revanchist ranks, her efforts would soon be for naught. Though the remaining prisoners mostly survived, she had failed her mission once again.

But this time, remembering Ben's words to her during her last failure, she steeled herself and clenched her teeth, determined not to make the same mistake again.

Reiner Braun
@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee
@Low Town Group

Reiner was quite worn out from his previous battle still. Though he had enough time to recover where he was confident he could become a titan once more if need be, in spite of the soreness he could feel throughout his body.

But that was nothing someone like him couldn't handle. After all, he had been trained to press on despite the odds. No matter what, he would become a shield to his comrades, an immovable object, that had the force to make a change when neccessary.

Though right now, it was probably best that he keep to his usual attire, considering his orders not to draw too much attention to himself. The locals in this settlement were apparently already adjusting to drastic changes, and it was best to keep their true goals a secret.

The concept was all too familiar, but at least this time, Reiner felt more confident he wouldn't forget who he was in the process. Nor would he regret the decisions he would make, with any luck.

Still though...

The fact that they were in a walled in settlement reminded him a little too closely of a place he had sought desperately to be as far away from. Even if it was imperative to his mission, he couldn't help but feel a little uneasy all of a sudden.

HBYlRkn.png

"I've had enough of walls already..." He thought quietly to himself, as he headed to the lowtown. Nobles weren't his cup of tea; from what he had heard of during his time spent in hiding, pretending to be a soldier, they were unbearable. And those who he had encountered back at home were pompous in their own right, treating him like dirt.

Perhaps he would do better in a place that seemed more... At home to him.

Lapis' suggestions did seem to cause Reiner to think, a distant look in his eyes before he nodded, agreeing with her proposition.

tjhSNrs.png

"That's right! We should listen to what the locals are saying. We can start place people gather, like an Inn or a Marketplace." He added, seeming to quickly snap back to reality, focusing on their task at hand.

While he could hardly call himself a soldier, nor a warrior anymore, the training he had playing the role of both certainly hadn't left him. Like usual, he was focused on carrying out the mission he was assigned.​

Ries20.png

"... Just call me Ries if nothing else, please. I am not a piece of food," the knight simply said, otherwise letting Little My settle on her shoulder.

As the group made their way to the Nobles Quarters, Riesbyfe wondered just how out of place they'd seem. Then again, maybe a lot of them were fundamentally out of place with this world anyway, but still. She may as well push through those doubts as best as she could, and get to work. They had a mission to do here, and the objective was more important than anything her worries might be afflicting her with.

Approaching one of the guards in sight, deciding he'd probably be easier to talk to than a common citizen (with Riesbyfe's conceit being that they were both warriors), the silver-haired woman cleared her throat and waved over at him. "G-Greetings. Pardon me, but I hail from... beyond this town, and I couldn't help but notice that the citizens here seem a bit on edge," she said. Technically not lies, so she didn't have to feel too bad about that.

"Might it be related to... that affair?" Riesbyfe asked, essentially trying to bait the guard into revealing what the rumors and gossip were these days.

The tea, if you would.

@amwexia @Jeremi @Sark @Crunch @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Lucky @NoblesQuarters

latest

Despite his best efforts, Titus stood out like a blue, ceramite-laden lighthouse amidst the calm atmosphere of the Noble Quarter. Titus' particular distaste for the Imperium's tittering sycophant nobility was part of the reason why he chose to abstain from the Imperium as a whole. Service to the Emperor did not include pleasing and serving the most fortunate among mankind's weary masses.

However, this strange world may be free from the struggles of those war-torn planets Titus is so familiar with. Since it looks no more advanced than the myriad of undeveloped Feudal Worlds that litter the stars of the galaxy, then the people here may be blissfully ignorant of the horrors lurking just beyond their view. It is a frail hope that Titus has, that the men who rule here are strong and just in their own right. But, alas, what would a space marine know about politics?

"I will question the local guardsmen," the marine grunted, starting off towards one of the local guards in the area. "Keep within close contact with each other. This area looks vulnerable for an ambush, and if the enemy commander is no fool, then there will be measures taken to slow our advance."

Titus approached a pair of guards stationed nearby, wisely keeping his weapons stashed and out of sight. The towering, power-armored warrior would no doubt look intimidating as he approached, so he took measures to appear as non-hostile as possible.

"Hail, guardsmen. I happened to be passing through town from far-off lands, looking for mercenary work. I was wondering if either of you happened to see anything peculiar happen around here recently,"
Titus spoke calmly and convincingly, looking out over the rest of the district. "It appears awfully serene here, but I figure it would be worth asking."

@Sark @Ver @Jeremi @Alex Azure @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @NoblesQuarters

Billy Batson/Shazam

“ I am so sorry, you will have to excuse my .... hired help. Neither of them have much tact when it comes to delicate matters. I really should teach them how to properly introduce oneself. I’m William Joseph’s, a businessman from out of town, I was hoping to procure some local business deals as I plan to move here. Is there any way you can point me in a direction to do such?”

@Ver @Crunch @Jeremi @Noble Quarters

"Fuck hangin' out with a buncha rich pricks."

Shirou followed a few of the others to the Lowtown with no hesitation, his decision made the instant the choices were presented. When he caught up to the others going that way, the question seemed to be about where to begin the information gathering process. The inn and marketplace weren't bad ideas, people did gather there after all.

"Let's start with an inn. One with a buncha drunkards, if we're lucky. Easier to get shit outta'em when they're a few drinks in. The details might get screwed up in that case too, but we'll get an idea of what these guys think and talk about here."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @York @Lowtown​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back