Status
Not open for further replies.
RK-900 and Billy Batson/ Shazam

" Oh I do dare to do both things," he replied, as he would take notice of how she would summon the electricity. It didn't take much for him to start to work on numerous different preconstructions to show how the different attacks she could use would work. He would take a moment and offer a smile. It was exactly what he wanted. He needed the attention of the Great Spirit to destroy it and that was true as well.

"It's a good thing that I am not asking for your forgiveness then," he replied, using his advanced reflexes to move around the bolts as quickly as he could. The last thing he needed was to lose now.

Billy took note on how the android was dodging. " Muzet, I think if we can hit him straight in the chest, we can short circuit him and possibly even reprogram him to our side," he replied.

@Ver @Atomic Knight

████ - Outway

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Capri @Crunch @Lucky @Ottonomous Ghost @Takumi @Outway

Pyke grunted in frustration as a powerful woman suddenly entered the battlefield, blocking his attack. He quickly yanked his harpoon's wire back before attaching the blade back to its handle. As Edna spoke, he couldn't quite make out exactly what she was saying. It sounded as if she was speaking underwater, which only pissed him off even more. He didn't know why it was happening (in fact it was very strange), but he didn't care, all he could think about was that she sounded like the men who had stranded him in the ocean.

No, actually, she was worse. She talked like a captain. Looked like a captain. Smelled like a captain. "Yeah, it's always the crew's fault, huh?!" he snarled, "Fancy captains like you got no place on this earth. I'll carve you some gills!" He took a step forward, preparing to lunge, before the earth itself suddenly opened up beneath his feet, knocking him into the air. Seawater bled from his lower body, where he had been grazed by the sharp rock.

6sTMb1Z.jpg

"Fog's rollin' in."

Before he could be fully impaled by the spikes below, however, he suddenly disappeared from sight as the area became shrouded with mist. Distant objects were still visible, but Pyke's body had become one with the mist, achieving total invisibility. His wounds recovered slowly during his invisibility, but he wasted no time. He continued to rush and approach from the side in order to force a melee encounter. As he rapidly approached Edna, his form became more and more visible, until he finally dashed, aiming to impale her exposed back.

"Oh no you don't, bastard!" The magus growled out as he saw Pyke begin his charge towards the girl. He didn't know what Pyke was talking about, but it sounded nothing more than the ramblings of a madman, really.

Lindel moved to stand at Edna's back, hoping to use his sword to deflect Pyke's attack and throw his aim off course. If successful, he performed another chant and sent another force of cutting winds to try and force Pyke back hard.

@Ottonomous Ghost @Ver

As Touma tried to attack the beast, Chise whirled around, using her dragon arm to try and give a hard sweeping motion at the best's legs.

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Everyone @Outway

"Hey, you heard them, GET OUT OF HERE!!!" Severa yelled to the citizens around, waving her arms around.

"Interesting method..." Scrapper snarked before doing the same in a more...muted fashion. The boy dying wasn't something to her, but someone always meant something to others. "Where are we leading the civilians?"

@Hospital

---

Once more, Alice charged at the dusks Blue didn't reach, hoping to lessen the work her ally had to do.

@School

---

"Well, well, well." Shan Yu smiled at Guy, almost as if he was genuinely glad to see him. "Our time together was cut quite short, wasn't it? I knew I'd see you again. Like me, I know you can't just let a challenge go unanswered. As for your terms..."

'SKREEEEEAW!" Shan Yu's falcon swooped dangerously close to the top of Guy's head. His talons reached out, sailing over the Lantern and right to his master, grabbing the badge from his chest. The Hun himself drew his sword, only to raise it and thrust it into the ground. "Decide this on brute strength? I couldn't think of a better way to settle this. Come at me, Lantern...show me you're more than just your trinkets!"

@Guy vs Shan Yu (speeds equalized)

---

"What?" Libra had been locked in a battle with another axe-wielding Hun, so he barely had time to act as the net flew towards him. Gasping in surprise, he instinctively raised his axe to block it, the hooks barely missing his face as they wrapped around the head of the weapon. But as Pyke had called, the Huns used this to their advantage, the one the priest had been locked in battle with punching Libra right in the head. He fell to the ground, and the Hun readied his weapon for a final blow. Just then, though, he froze, falling to the floor, dead. An arrow stuck right out of his skull, and for a split second Libra could swear he saw a man in green give him a small salute.

But he needed to look to the seaman now, who was engaged in battle with Lindel and a young girl. He had taken notice of the saltwater from within his body before he vanished into mist...and if he was filled with water, then...! As Lindel would slash at Pyke again, Libra would try to summon a bolt of electricity to strike a wound on their opponent, should Lindel's attack have caused one!

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee @Capri @Ver @Crow @Takumi @Crunch @Josh @Alex Azure @Donder172 @Sark @York @Gummi Bunnies @Space_Candy @Kaykay @Lucky @Ottonomous Ghost

"Well, well, well." Shan Yu smiled at Guy, almost as if he was genuinely glad to see him. "Our time together was cut quite short, wasn't it? I knew I'd see you again. Like me, I know you can't just let a challenge go unanswered. As for your terms..."

'SKREEEEEAW!" Shan Yu's falcon swooped dangerously close to the top of Guy's head. His talons reached out, sailing over the Lantern and right to his master, grabbing the badge from his chest. The Hun himself drew his sword, only to raise it and thrust it into the ground. "Decide this on brute strength? I couldn't think of a better way to settle this. Come at me, Lantern...show me you're more than just your trinkets!"

Guy didn't so much as flinch as the falcon swooped by. His eyes remained fixed on Shan Yu. As the Hun's sword struck the dirt, a smirk crawled across the Green Lantern's face.

And so it begins...

"Better keep your bird in line, Hun-ny," Guy removed his shirt and tossed it carelessly over Shan's sword. "I've been hankering for some fried chicken since this shit-show began."

With a final crack of his knuckles and neck, the Green Lantern threw his arm to the side. A showman's gesture.
View attachment 5393
"Ladies first,"

@Yun Lee @Guy vs Shan Yu (speeds equalized)​

Smirking, Shan Yu decided to make the first move, deciding the way he would go about the battle. In a sea of swords and magic, a fight of pure muscle was novel. "If your bite is half as good as your bark, this could be anyone's game," the Hun leader said, readying himself. "Let's see what you're made of, Lantern!" Shan Yu charged then, attempting to grab Guy by the arms as if to wrestle with him.

@Sark

Smirking, Shan Yu decided to make the first move, deciding the way he would go about the battle. In a sea of swords and magic, a fight of pure muscle was novel. "If your bite is half as good as your bark, this could be anyone's game," the Hun leader said, readying himself. "Let's see what you're made of, Lantern!" Shan Yu charged then, attempting to grab Guy by the arms as if to wrestle with him.

@Sark
Guy released a bellowing gut-laugh as Shan Yu made his approach. He crouched down like and animal and placed a palm in the dirt.

Shan was getting closer by the second.

He took a moment to breathe.

Here is was. The moment he had been waiting for.

It was so close. He could practically taste it.

He had to take a moment.

He had to savor it.

He could feel the Hun's pounding foot steps shaking the earth. The time was at last upon him. He closed his fist and brought it up to his chest. With a primal roar, the Red Lantern sprinted forth, closing the fading distance between the two men.

From the moment their bodies collided, Guy could feel how great the difference in strength between the men truly was. Guy had spent his life building his muscle for sport and vanity. Shan had been building his for war. Wedged his feet in the dirt and pushed against the Hun with all the strength he could muster.

For the first time in years, Guy Gardner felt... fragile.

Even in the face of certain death, Guy's smile never faded. Perhaps his allies had been right. Perhaps he did have a death wish. Or perhaps he had a plan...

"I'm guessing you've fought guy's who are---aghh---much stronger than me, right Shanny?" Guy grunted. "Bet you've fought guys who had more smarts too---"

The strain turned Guy's face a shade of Crimson. He was sweating like sinner in church.

"But let me tell you this--in this whole universe--hell, this whole multiverse--you'll never find a man who fights as dirty as GUY-FUCKING-GARDNER!"

With a roar, Guy released his fistful of dirt. His cackled as the cloud of dust and gravel rattled towards Shan Yu's eyes. If his cheap shot struck, he would take advantage of the stunned Hun and swing his boot into Shan's crutch.

@Yun Lee

"Ugh!" Both attacks landed, and Shan Yu was sent staggering back, hand over his eyes. "You..." His tone of voice had changed. It was as if he was now snarling in disgust, rather than speaking to a worthy opponent. "How...DARE you?!" His hand left his eyes, now red and watery...and sending forth a death glare like no other. "I give you the greatest honor a warrior can give another: a fight on your terms, no tricks, and no strings. And this is how you repay me?! Pulling cheap shots and spitting in my face? I was right about you. You are nothing without those rings. No...even with them, you aren't a man. You're a yapping dog. And like a dog..." He growled, running forward again. His sword had returned to his hand, and he thrust it forward with every intent to stab Guy clean through. "I'll put you down like one!!"

@Sark

"Ugh!" Both attacks landed, and Shan Yu was sent staggering back, hand over his eyes. "You..." His tone of voice had changed. It was as if he was now snarling in disgust, rather than speaking to a worthy opponent. "How...DARE you?!" His hand left his eyes, now red and watery...and sending forth a death glare like no other. "I give you the greatest honor a warrior can give another: a fight on your terms, no tricks, and no strings. And this is how you repay me?! Pulling cheap shots and spitting in my face? I was right about you. You are nothing without those rings. No...even with them, you aren't a man. You're a yapping dog. And like a dog..." He growled, running forward again. His sword had returned to his hand, and he thrust it forward with every intent to stab Guy clean through. "I'll put you down like one!!"

@Sark
"Come on, Shan!" Guy taunted. "All is fair in love and war!"

As Shan plucked his sword from the earth, Guy bent down and picked up two more large fistfuls of dirt.

He had gotten the Hun riled up. Good. Guy knew all too well how blinding hate could be. Shan would be fighting much more aggressively from here on out. He would be striking twice as fast and three times more powerfully. But he would be sloppier. More impatient. Even now he was charging towards him to deliver the swiftest, most decisive blow he could. He hadn't had the foresight to try wearing him down first.

Guy's smile faded. His brow grew tense. It was time to focus up. Time to make very move count.

Shan was no doubt expecting him to try to doge his attack. His blade had a curved edge. It was built for slicing, not stabbing. If Shan was trying to run him through with it? He was either baiting him into a roll or he had abandoned all strategy. Good. He could work with this.

Guy knew how to take a charge. As Shan Yu closed in on him, he lowered his stance. He removed his belt and wrapped it around his knuckles. He refused to break eye contact with the tip of the blade. He braced for impact.

He waited until the last possible second to start fighting back. Once the tip of Shan's sword was in range, Guy punched down at the blade with his belt-wrapped hand, forcing the sword down into the dirt. With the sword's piercing edge out of harms way, the Lantern finally allowed himself to roll to the side.

Shan Yu's momentum would be working against him from here on out. With his sword's tip lodged in the ground, Shan would likely by carried into the stiff hilt of his weapon. If the strike cracked a rib or two, great. Regardless, it should have been enough to stun him. Rolling back to his feet, Guy brought his hands together and prepared to charge Shan's flank with his shoulder.

"I played football in college, yano!" He growled inches before making contact. "Probably coulda gone pro! You want to tell me I'm nothing without my rings? Get in line, pal! I beat you to the punch on that one, pal!"

If his tackle was enough to knock Shan Yu on his back, Guy try to pry Shan's sword from the dirt and swing it over his shoulder like a baseball bat.

"And next time, try not to steal my 'put you down like a dog' line, okay? I spent a long time working on that speech. It's a Gardner trademark. I didn't go through all that effort for a freak like you to come along and bitch out the best parts!"

@Yun Lee

View attachment 5399

"Not a bad idea," Muzét said with a devious smirk as Billy made a shrewd observation about how they might be able to get the drop on the android. "Alright, then! Just as long as you can keep his attention, let's see how this'll work!" She exclaimed, before beginning to charge up even more electrical energy.

Channeling even more of her magic into it to make it stronger and faster than her last projectile, Muzét gave a piercing glare toward the android's way. She didn't know his circumstances. She didn't know whatever he was talking about, what he had been through, and why he was here with the enemy, but maybe none of it mattered right now. He was on the wrong side of history here, as the humans would say, and the Great Spirit would do everything in her power to protect her sister, to protect her world, to protect the multiverse.

With another demonstration of her power, using the incantation of "Banish Volt" in her mind, she fired her electric projectile right at RK-900 once again once she was ready, aimed right at his chest!

@Lucky @Atomic Knight @RK-Fight

"Ngh!?"

The girl let out a somewhat startled yelp as Pyke attempted to attack her from behind, evidently caught off-guard even as the seraph attempted to keep wary of where he would attempt to strike next from his invisibility, but it seemed she'd underestimated her opponent. Her incredulous expression quickly shifted into a more hardened gaze however, as though having quickly learned to not be as blase as she was about this enemy anymore, even if -- just as Lindel thought as well -- his ramblings were like that of some madman who'd long since lost all his marbles. Or heck, maybe the entire jar.

As Lindel managed to protect her and send Pyke back some, Edna -- without even turning around initially -- clasped her hands together as though to charge up whatever innate magical energy she posed, closing her eyes to focus before just as sharply opening them again.

Air Pressure.

Suddenly, a ray of light appeared over Pyke's general location, and before long, the gravity of the affected area increased tenfold, Edna's intent clear as she hoped to restrain Pyke where he was, though with such an admittedly hastily conjured arte, who could say how long it'd be able to hold him?

Spinning around, the blonde girl gave Pyke a cold, though not entirely emotionless, glare. Twirling her umbrella around slightly, Edna furrowed her brow, before speaking again.

View attachment 5401

"Normally, I wouldn't think twice about putting you six feet under, but I'm sure my friends will give me hell if I don't at least try and talk you back to sense. I'm real charismatic, y'know," she uttered cockily. "Though... I'm starting to wonder in your case if it might not be more effective to literally knock the sense back into you instead. I can arrange that too."

@Takumi @Ottonomous Ghost @Pyke Fight

@Outway

Last edited:
"Oh no you don't, bastard!" The magus growled out as he saw Pyke begin his charge towards the girl. He didn't know what Pyke was talking about, but it sounded nothing more than the ramblings of a madman, really.

Lindel moved to stand at Edna's back, hoping to use his sword to deflect Pyke's attack and throw his aim off course. If successful, he performed another chant and sent another force of cutting winds to try and force Pyke back hard.
"What?" Libra had been locked in a battle with another axe-wielding Hun, so he barely had time to act as the net flew towards him. Gasping in surprise, he instinctively raised his axe to block it, the hooks barely missing his face as they wrapped around the head of the weapon. But as Pyke had called, the Huns used this to their advantage, the one the priest had been locked in battle with punching Libra right in the head. He fell to the ground, and the Hun readied his weapon for a final blow. Just then, though, he froze, falling to the floor, dead. An arrow stuck right out of his skull, and for a split second Libra could swear he saw a man in green give him a small salute.

But he needed to look to the seaman now, who was engaged in battle with Lindel and a young girl. He had taken notice of the saltwater from within his body before he vanished into mist...and if he was filled with water, then...! As Lindel would slash at Pyke again, Libra would try to summon a bolt of electricity to strike a wound on their opponent, should Lindel's attack have caused one!

2uFa2VZ.jpg

"--!"

Pyke quickly turned to meet Lindel's blade, not at all surprised that he had come to her aid. The serrated dirk once again clashed against steel, sending sparks flying. Their blades remained clashing for a short time, as evidently Lindel had more strength than Pyke had estimated. "Pretty face... Shame if someone stuck a harpoon in it!" Becoming impatient, the killer swiped Lindel's blade aside before slashing at his face. "You're dead!--" He yelled victoriously, but suddenly a lightning bolt crashed into him, flooding his system with electricity and forcing him to miss his attack. Now left wide open for the upcoming wind spell, he flew backwards and landed disgracefully in the dirt. "Uhhgh," he grunted as he sat up and held his head.

That was when the voices got louder, and a dark haze filled his vision. All he could hear were laughing shipmates and pleading pariahs. All he could see were devil-faced monsters-- monsters that didn't live in the sea. Pyke's senses were now totally blinded with the thirst for vengeance, not only for himself, but for all those who had been wronged by greed. His eyes burned balefully green as he stood up with a hunched back, staring at a piece of parchment on the ground, which had been knocked loose from one of his pockets.

He knew his enemies looked familiar. Their names, Libra, Lindel, and Edna, were written on the list clear as day. He suddenly held it up angrily.

"None of you threw me a line!--"
The girl let out a somewhat startled yelp as Pyke attempted to attack her from behind, evidently caught off-guard even as the seraph attempted to keep wary of where he would attempt to strike next from his invisibility, but it seemed she'd underestimated her opponent. Her incredulous expression quickly shifted into a more hardened gaze however, as though having quickly learned to not be as blase as she was about this enemy anymore, even if -- just as Lindel thought as well -- his ramblings were like that of some madman who'd long since lost all his marbles. Or heck, maybe the entire jar.

As Lindel managed to protect her and send Pyke back some, Edna -- without even turning around initially -- clasped her hands together as though to charge up whatever innate magical energy she posed, closing her eyes to focus before just as sharply opening them again.

Air Pressure.

Suddenly, a ray of light appeared over Pyke's general location, and before long, the gravity of the affected area increased tenfold, Edna's intent clear as she hoped to restrain Pyke where he was, though even with such an admittedly hastily conjured arte, who could say how long it'd be able to hold him?

Spinning around, the blonde girl gave Pyke a cold, though not entirely emotionless, glare. Twirling her umbrella around slightly, Edna furrowed her brow, before speaking again.
Luminescent light abruptly surrounded him as he tried to straighten his back. He ended up dropping to his knees from the pressure. "I'll put you six feet under," Edna said, smiling. His fists gripped the dirt. He saw an ocean stretching out below him, and he was being forcefully pushed back into it. "No!" he screamed, forcefully standing up in spite of the gravity, "I ain't finished yet."

He walked forward, slowly worming his way out of the light. His bones cracked as he did so, his breath ragged, but water shrouded his body in response to the pain. Once he escaped his prison, a water phantom slid off of his body, staying behind. He then jumped high into the air. At first it seemed that he was going for an aerial attack on the trio, but he landed short about half-way, digging his harpoon into the ground. Rumbling sounds emanated from the ground as Pyke suddenly... dissolved? The only thing visible at the moment was his phantom, standing completely still in the distance.

ZHYKcs3.png

A blue X suddenly took shape on the ground-- and in exactly three-fourths of a second, an explosion of water slammed against the three of them. Terrifyingly, rather than knocking everyone aside, the water seemed to lightly grab those caught in the area, and anyone who tried to breathe would only find their lungs filled with water. "Gulp your last breath," the Bloodharbor Ripper said calmly as he re-materialized from behind. He began slashing away with both a harpoon and a sickle.

i1ryWk5.png

Meanwhile, the phantom rushed back to Pyke like a bullet, passing through and stunning whatever was in the way. Being left vulnerable from its effect would no doubt be a death sentence.​

Last edited:
"We'll evacuate them to the Coalition embassy," Jude said, his voice grave and bordering on emotionless. He had grown close to Hope in the last couple of months and Jude was always one to be empathetic. As the others kept the giant dusk at bay, he nodded for those nearest to help him get a few more people down the street and away from the largest source of chaos.

Above the hospital was the man Mickey had identified as Xemnas. He had chosen to watch and not interfere for some time but Mickey had forced him to move. A weapon was conjured into his hands, some kind of beam saber, and he parried the mouse's attack. "Mickey," he said, his voice deep and threatening, "I suppose I should have expect to see you."

A second saber appeared in his other hand. "Of course, you know so very little about what's going on, as usual." He then moved to strike the mouse.

@Hospital

With the combined efforts of Blue and Alice, the crowd of dusks were either thinned out or thrown out of the way of the door. Nancy tool a swing with her bat to knock a few aside. The classroom door swung open and out came Stephen Holder, looking a bit shellshocked.

bmUcdiQ.jpg

"Christ," he said, looking around, "you kids all right?"

Behind him were a group of children, hiding behind him as they looked to see who their saviors were.

"Yooo!" Bullet exclaimed happily, rushing past the others to slam into Holder with a big hug.

Holder held his arms up slightly and blinked down at the girl. "Shit, girlie. You alive?"

Bullet backed off and nodded excitedly. "Hell yeah I am!"

Nancy had no idea who this was but she smiled happily for Bullet anyway. Holder looked to her and the others. "I think these are the last kids. Once we get them out of here, the school is clear."

@School

With a number of fighters attacking the base of the monster tower, it was easy for Red Tornado to blow off enough pieces of the big guy to shatter it completely. The small, fuzzy creatures went flying, landing all around the battlefield. Though they were many, they were far too weak to pose a threat and began to leave the battlefield.

However, the commander of the army decided to use this moment to strike. The man raised his arms in the air, causing twin towers of dark energy to form in the air and slam down on both Frank and Lois. He then disappeared in a cloud of darkness, appearing next to Touma and delivering a blow to the boy's back to knock him to the ground.

"Y-You got his attention, huh?!" Komaru exclaimed, aiming at the man, but he conjured a ball of darkness ad threw it at her, forcing her to drop tot the ground. As he turned on the others nearby, Sorey and Rose started to close in.

"You get the follow-up!" Rose exclaimed, flying in behind the man and raising her arms to conjure a wind tornado under him. Sorey readied his bow to attack the man as he was tossed into the air but stopped when a shadow double of the man grabbed Rose from behind.

As the man conjured dark energy to consume Rose, Sorey ran in to get in between the pair. "I got this!" he yelled, raising his hands to clash with the commander's. Sorey's energy faced the commander's energy head-on. The boy, even with his friend Mikleo's power, groaned under the commander's fearsome might. He let out a scream and released a burst of energy, sending the commander flying into the sky. The shadow double holding Rose dissipated and Sorey gave her a thumbs up. However, after such an intense stand-off, he felt his energy fading rapidly.

vjnrGSh.gif

Sorey collapsed to the ground. He couldn't keep his form any longer and split into himself and Mikleo.

@Outway

@Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee @Capri @Ver @Crow @Takumi @Crunch @Josh @Alex Azure @Donder172 @Sark @York @Gummi Bunnies @Space_Candy @Kaykay @Lucky @Ottonomous Ghost

Last edited:
"We'll evacuate them to the Coalition embassy," Jude said, his voice grave and bordering on emotionless. He had grown close to Hope in the last couple of months and Jude was always one to be empathetic. As the others kept the giant dusk at bay, he nodded for those nearest to help him get a few more people down the street and away from the largest source of chaos.

Above the hospital was the man Mickey had identified as Xemnas. He had chosen to watch and not interfere for some time but Mickey had forced him to move. A weapon was conjured into his hands, some kind of beam saber, and he parried the mouse's attack. "Mickey," he said, his voice deep and threatening, "I suppose I should have expect to see you."

A second saber appeared in his other hand. "Of course, you know so very little about what's going on, as usual." He then moved to strike the mouse.

@Hospital

With the combined efforts of Blue and Alice, the crowd of dusks were either thinned out or thrown out of the way of the door. Nancy tool a swing with her bat to knock a few aside. The classroom door swung open and out came Stephen Holder, looking a bit shellshocked.

bmUcdiQ.jpg

Behind him were a group of children, hiding behind him as they looked to see who their saviors were.

"Yooo!" Bullet exclaimed happily, rushing past the others to slam into Holder with a big hug.

Holder held his arms up slightly and blinked down at the girl. "Shit, girlie. You alive?"

Nancy had no idea who this was but she smiled happily for Bullet anyway. Holder looked to her and the others. "I think these are the last kids. Once we get them out of here, the school is clear."

@School

With a number of fighters attacking the base of the monster tower, it was easy for Red Tornado to blow off enough pieces of the big guy to shatter it completely. The small, fuzzy creatures went flying, landing all around the battlefield. Though they were many, they were far too weak to pose a threat and began to leave the battlefield.

However, the commander of the army decided to use this moment to strike. The man raised his arms in the air, causing twin towers of dark energy to form in the air and slam down on both Frank and Lois. He then disappeared in a cloud of darkness, appearing next to Touma and delivering a blow to the boy's back to knock him to the ground.

"Y-You got his attention, huh?!" Komaru exclaimed, aiming at the man, but he conjured a ball of darkness ad threw it at her, forcing her to drop tot the ground. As he turned on the others nearby, Sorey and Rose started to close in.

"You get the follow-up!" Rose exclaimed, flying in behind the man and raising her arms to conjure a wind tornado under him. Sorey readied his bow to attack the man as he was tossed into the air but stopped when a shadow double of the man grabbed Rose from behind.

As the man conjured dark energy to consume Rose, Sorey ran in to get in between the pair. "I got this!" he yelled, raising his hands to clash with the commander's. Sorey's energy faced the commander's energy head-on. The boy, even with his friend Mikleo's power, groaned under the commander's fearsome might. He let out a scream and released a burst of energy, sending the commander flying into the sky. The shadow double holding Rose dissipated and Sorey gave her a thumbs up. However, after such an intense stand-off, he felt his energy fading rapidly.

vjnrGSh.gif

Sorey collapsed to the ground. He couldn't keep his form any longer and split into himself and Mikleo.

@Outway

@Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee @Capri @Ver @Crow @Takumi @Crunch @Josh @Alex Azure @Donder172 @Sark @York @Gummi Bunnies @Space_Candy @Kaykay @Lucky @Ottonomous Ghost

"Sorey!" Lailah exclaimed quickly rushing to his side when she saw him fall. As she came close she'd cast a healing spell on both of her fallen friends. "Are you okay? Is everything okay? How many fingers am I holding up?"

Meanwhile, Lois had been sent far off course and crashed to the ground while The Rider and his bike spun out of control before he managed to take control. "I'm really starting to hate that guy," He growled to himself before blasting forward at him.

xJrhKow.png

"Let's try this out one more time!" As Sorey's attack sent the commander into the sky the Rider attempted to run over him with his bike and if successful would try and wrap him in his chains on the way back.​

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee @Capri @Ver @Crow @Takumi @Crunch @Josh @Alex Azure @Donder172 @Sark @York @Gummi Bunnies @Space_Candy @Kaykay @Lucky @Ottonomous Ghost

Whoosh!

Like a flash, a previously unseen force sped through the torn battlefield that was the Outway, at times too fast for even the naked eye to see. No, it wasn't a flash. That was someone else. This one was more like a blur, but all the same, faster than a speeding bullet. Dusks, Huns, and other servants of evil alike found themselves either fallen facefirst into the ground with enough power to knock them out on impact or suddenly flying through the air like they were suddenly hit by a raging truck.

I feel my wings have broken in your hands
I feel the words unspoken inside
And they pull you under

As this blur continued speeding through the Outway, easily bashing through each enemy grunt like an unstoppable force of nature, it passed by Alisha on its way, the girl still charging herself with protecting the wounded Ivar. Such a task was easier said than done however, as even with her skill, using her weapon was a job for two hands, and with all the dusks continuously threatening to surround her, she began to wonder if she would even be able to make it back in one piece.

"!" Alisha let out a gasp as more dusks surrounded her and Ivar, closing in on her faster than she'd be able to put Ivar down and make use of her spear, until...

Whoosh! Krakk! Thok!

View attachment 5524

"Who...?" The girl blinked, eyes wide with surprise as she hadn't expected any help from anyone in the heat of battle, even with their numbers on the field alone. But lucky for her, the cavalry had arrived. It was just as well however, the blur didn't stop for any pleasantries, even if it would have been more polite to take a moment.

But he knew that for every second he wasted there might have been another Alisha and Ivar who wouldn't be able to make it. The cost of this battle alone was too much, to say nothing of this war that had gone on for far too long.

And I will give you anything you want
You are all I wanted
All my dreams are falling down

Crawlin' around and 'round and 'round

"Gaah!" Touma, on another part of the massive Outway, gasped as the commander suddenly appeared behind him and gave a powerful blow to send him off his feet. He really didn't think the man would so swiftly be able to move like that, and just for someone as small as him, but egg on his face. But now, he was about to pay the price for his complacency as Komaru and the glasses girl were soon to be struck by a ball of dark energy conjured up by him. His right hand would have been the perfect counter to it, but with him on the ground, he wouldn't have been able to reach it before it--!

Shhhzt!

"Gnngh...!" An unfamiliar male voice grunted audibly in pain. The blur had finally stopped, recklessly standing between the three and the ball of darkness headed straight for them. Maybe he himself had grown complacent as well with his own power, but the darkness was more powerful than the blur had expected, but if he'd given it even more than a second of thought, he would have realized it.

It was magic, after all. A weakness of his, and a certainly crippling one considering what kind of enemy they were up against, but even if he'd realized it beforehand, he would have done it all over again if it meant saving the teens from certain doom.

However, the teens making it out alive was still a big "if" as the darkness continued to push against him, like an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object. One would have to yield, but he wasn't going to. He wouldn't ever yield, even if it meant the death of him. The darkness continued attempting to consume him, until...

Shhrr!

As a high-pitched squealing sound rang through the air, the ball of darkness suddenly dissipated. Touma had finally managed to take this opportunity to leap to his feet and use Imagine Breaker to dispel the magical darkness. Just as the blur had saved them, Touma opted to return the favor. The taller man let out a breath of relief, before looking to Touma and giving a nod of acknowledgement. "Thanks," he said, patting off his red sleeves briefly.

View attachment 5525

"Don't mention it," Touma shook his head briskly; thanks were never something he'd really accepted, and he wasn't going to start any time soon. Unbeknownst to both of the young men, that was something they had in common. "I guess I should be thanking you too either way," He said, all the while attempting to regain his breath.

The taller man in red only gave a smile in response. A strangely earnest, genuine smile. A kind that Touma realized he'd never seen before. Then, the man shook his head. "No, don't thank me. We're all a part of the same team!"

"R-Right," Touma said, scratching his head sheepishly. "Who are you again?"

"Just a friend," the blur only responded briefly, before scanning his eyes across the battlefield for where to head next. And with a swift fwoosh, he was gone again, off to his next venture.

"?!"

Edna couldn't even make a visible sound before it was too late. This was what she got for trying to be "nice," or at least her standards of it. Maybe it was the effect of Sorey and the others rubbing off on her, but no, she shouldn't blame others. It was her own cockiness that got her in this fiasco.

Now she was drowning. That was pretty annoying.

So surprised at Pyke's resistance to her spell that she couldn't even think to make another move before her enemy had thrown out his own counter, engulfing her and presumably Lindel in a prison of water. The seraph of earth could do nothing against an element like this, literally feeling out of her element. Fortunately for Edna, she was much more hardy than an actual little human girl, but that didn't mean the slashes from Pyke didn't hurt all the same. She struggled to hold her breath through it all, not entirely used to having to thrash around like this, but it was all she felt she could do, until...

SOMEBODY SAAAAAAAAAAAVE MEEEEEEEEEEEEE
LET YOUR WARM HANDS BREAK RIGHT THROUGH IT
SOMEBODY SAAAAAAAAAAAVE MEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Once Pyke's phantom had returned to his body, it was then that something unexpected happened. The blur appeared. With a powerful boom ringing through the air, what felt like a mighty force crashed into Pyke with the intent of sending him flying several feet back, as though he had just been hit by a runaway car! With that, the blur rushed through the water, grabbing Edna and Lindel and valiantly pulling them out of the watery prison!

Edna, coughing out the water she'd swallowed, let out loud gasps as she struggled to look up at her supposed savior, a towering man of at least six feet. She said nothing; giving thanks wasn't her strong suit, and likewise, the blur wasn't looking for it. But in particular, Pyke's mad ramblings had garnered the attention of the blur, whose super-hearing enabled him to catch wind of the fight going on here.

"Who the...?!" Edna coughed up, unable to even finish her sentence. That was when the man spoke.

View attachment 5523

"It's okay. I can take it from here," Clark Kent, born Kal-El of the planet Krypton and a victim of the tragedy known as Point Zero, valiantly said, eyeing Pyke intently. To Pyke directly, Clark spoke with an imposing air, yet also holding out a hand in a defensive gesture. "You don't wanna do this. You're making a big mistake here!"

"Nngh... What do you think you're doing?! Trying to moralize him to death?!"

Clark said nothing to Edna's outburst. She wouldn't understand, but Clark did. It didn't take a rocket scientist to see that Pyke wasn't in the right state of mind. Of course, he didn't know what the "right" state constituted, but the way the man spoke, it was clear he wasn't completely all there, like he was under some influence, and mind control or no, Clark was willing to bet the man was going to do something he'd regret. Then again, that might have just been him projecting; after all, even Clark himself wasn't infallible against such an influence, considering what had happened at Point Zero, but all the same, he had to put an end to this.

Shaking his head, Clark only kept speaking toward Pyke. "Either way, this ends now. You can fight me, or you can fight whatever's inside your head! It's your choice, but you have a choice!"

I DON'T CARE HOW YOU DO IT
JUST STAAAAAAAY, STAAAAAY
C'MOOOOOOOOON, I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOUUUUUUU

@Ottonomous Ghost @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Outway

Last edited:
“RIEEEESSSS!!!”

Little My’s hollers for Riesbyfe Stridberg reverberated throughout the area, it was the loudest the little loudmouth had been.

There was clearly distress in her voice.

Little My scurried along until her blouse got stuck in a large pile of debris.

She tried her best to free herself, but it wouldn’t budge.

“Ghh! Gah! I’m stuck! Nghh! Gah!”

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Takumi @Hospital​

████ - Outway

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Capri @Crunch @Lucky @Ottonomous Ghost @Takumi @Outway

2uFa2VZ.jpg

"--!"

Pyke quickly turned to meet Lindel's blade, not at all surprised that he had come to her aid. The serrated dirk once again clashed against steel, sending sparks flying. Their blades remained clashing for a short time, as evidently Lindel had more strength than Pyke had estimated. "Pretty face... Shame if someone stuck a harpoon in it!" Becoming impatient, the killer swiped Lindel's blade aside before slashing at his face. "You're dead!--" He yelled victoriously, but suddenly a lightning bolt crashed into him, flooding his system with electricity and forcing him to miss his attack. Now left wide open for the upcoming wind spell, he flew backwards and landed disgracefully in the dirt. "Uhhgh," he grunted as he sat up and held his head.

That was when the voices got louder, and a dark haze filled his vision. All he could hear were laughing shipmates and pleading pariahs. All he could see were devil-faced monsters-- monsters that didn't live in the sea. Pyke's senses were now totally blinded with the thirst for vengeance, not only for himself, but for all those who had been wronged by greed. His eyes burned balefully green as he stood up with a hunched back, staring at a piece of parchment on the ground, which had been knocked loose from one of his pockets.

He knew his enemies looked familiar. Their names, Libra, Lindel, and Edna, were written on the list clear as day. He suddenly held it up angrily.

"None of you threw me a line!--"

Luminescent light abruptly surrounded him as he tried to straighten his back. He ended up dropping to his knees from the pressure. "I'll put you six feet under," Edna said, smiling. His fists gripped the dirt. He saw an ocean stretching out below him, and he was being forcefully pushed back into it. "No!" he screamed, forcefully standing up in spite of the gravity, "I ain't finished yet."

He walked forward, slowly worming his way out of the light. His bones cracked as he did so, his breath ragged, but water shrouded his body in response to the pain. Once he escaped his prison, a water phantom slid off of his body, staying behind. He then jumped high into the air. At first it seemed that he was going for an aerial attack on the trio, but he landed short about half-way, digging his harpoon into the ground. Rumbling sounds emanated from the ground as Pyke suddenly... dissolved? The only thing visible at the moment was his phantom, standing completely still in the distance.

ZHYKcs3.png

A blue X suddenly took shape on the ground-- and in exactly three-fourths of a second, an explosion of water slammed against the three of them. Terrifyingly, rather than knocking everyone aside, the water seemed to lightly grab those caught in the area, and anyone who tried to breathe would only find their lungs filled with water. "Gulp your last breath," the Bloodharbor Ripper said calmly as he re-materialized from behind. He began slashing away with both a harpoon and a sickle.

i1ryWk5.png

Meanwhile, the phantom rushed back to Pyke like a bullet, passing through and stunning whatever was in the way. Being left vulnerable from its effect would no doubt be a death sentence.​
"Hey, you heard them, GET OUT OF HERE!!!" Severa yelled to the citizens around, waving her arms around.

"Interesting method..." Scrapper snarked before doing the same in a more...muted fashion. The boy dying wasn't something to her, but someone always meant something to others. "Where are we leading the civilians?"

@Hospital

---

Once more, Alice charged at the dusks Blue didn't reach, hoping to lessen the work her ally had to do.

@School

---

---

790d0a0fdbe902e16e7eca537aadc3e0e3b1acbd.jpg

"I'd rather keep my face from scarring, thank you." Lindel grunted as his blade was moved aside, taking a half step back to try and avoid Pyke's swing. Luckily, Libra's quick thinking helped Pyke miss, the blade nearly grazing the mage's skin in the process. With Pyke pushed back and temporarily down, Lindel tried to quickly see if Libra had any injuries.

06b5376246536a6c1ff0d3b6cd04ad9078f7b99b.jpg

"?!" Caught by surprise by Pyke's following attack, there wasn't much that the blonde could do when faced with such an attack. He didn't get so much as a chance to look to his friend before they had been trapped in a watery prison and likely would of drowned right then if help didn't arrive as quickly as it did, and as Clark tried to talk Pyke down Lindel forced himself to his feet after coughing up water and regaining his bearings. Upon getting to his feet, his first course of action was to check on Libra and ensure he was okay, as well as to check on the little girl. He could tell she wasn't human, at the very least, though that's all he could tell so far.

"Libra, are you alright?" He asked, worried and on edge.

@Yun Lee @Ottonomous Ghost @Ver @Outway

“RIEEEESSSS!!!”

Little My’s hollers for Riesbyfe Stridberg reverberated throughout the area, it was the loudest the little loudmouth had been.

There was clearly distress in her voice.

Little My scurried along until her blouse got stuck in a large pile of debris.

She tried her best to free herself, but it wouldn’t budge.

“Ghh! Gah! I’m stuck! Nghh! Gah!”

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Takumi @Hospital​

Shigure ran over and helped Little My out of the rubble, placing her on his shoulder.

"She's fighting that thing over there. Stay with me in the meantime, okay?" He spoke, motioning to the large dusk trying to attack the hospital and Leia moments before that Ries had begun to attack with ferocity.

"Help me evacuate some of these people?" He asked, looking to the little gremlin then. He posed it as a question in hopes to keep her out of the cross fire for the time being. Plus, Jude might need the help.

@Capri @Ver @Atomic Knight @Hospital

@Hospital

bmUcdiQ.jpg

@School

vjnrGSh.gif

@Outway

Pleased with herself, Blue made sure the last of the dusks were dealt with before trying to look for an exit, hoping she looked friendly enough to calm the children and encourage them to follow the adults to safety.

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @School

Last edited:
Will Nines/ RK-900 and Billy Batson/ Shazam

If there was one thing that Billy Batson was especially skilled at, it was being a distraction. He stuck out his tongue and would make dashes around the android, aiming electricity at every area he can think of. It seemed to keep the bot focused on him and that was good. He wasn't sure what sort of advanced intelligence the machine had. He hoped he was enough, but he was still analyzing. Much to Billy's surprise, the others who had been fighting back against the heartless would work with him to distract the android.

Will had his attention so divided on the smaller pests that he missed the biggest attack of them all. Unable to guard against everything, he would be shot straight in the chest by the banish bolt. SYSTEM OVERLOAD, SYSTEM OVERLOAD. CRITICAL. CRITICAL. PLEASE REPORT BACK TO CYBERLIFE FOR REPAIRS. PLEASE REPORT- RA9. RA9. SYSTEM FAILED. System Rebooting... CLEARING ROM.... CLEARING MEMORY, RESTORING SYSTEMS. WELCOME BACK.... RK9-

To the outside world, the android would fall down and then get back up. "....Where am I?" He asked as the first new words left his mouth.

"
I can't believe that worked."

@Ver @Atomic Knight @RK Fight

Mickey Mouse

Mickey would dodge out of the way, preparing his own keyblade to strike back. " Well, it looks to me that you summoned heartless to attack the people here. Correct me if I am wrong about anything I just said."

@Atomic Knight @Hospital

Little My nodded at Shigure before taking one last look at the battlefield in hopes of seeing Ries, but to no avail.

Her attention turned to the pack of civilians.

“ALRIGHT, MOVE IT!!!” the small Mymble began, “Important business, people! Move along! HURRY!”

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Takumi @Hospital​

"Ahahaha... ahahaha!!"

The commander barked out a deep laugh, disappearing into darkness as Frank ran into him. The dark residue left behind spun and twirled in the air, floating back around toward Sorey and Mikleo. The Shepherd was slowly getting to his knees as Lailah's healing helped him up. He looked around to check on his friend.

"Mikleo?" Sorey said, his voice slightly hoarse. Whatever the commander had done, it had really taken a lot out of him. Such overwhelming power... all that darkness... Sorey had felt anything even nearing that only in Heldalf's presence.

"Mikleo!"

The other boy was still unconscious, sprawled out on the ground as if all the life had been removed from him. Seeing such a sight jolted Sorey to his feet despite the pain and he reached out to hold Lailah's hand so he could stand properly.

"This isn't right," Sorey said, fear edging into his voice. "Something's wrong!"

As he said this, dark winds picked up around him. Sorey felt a tingle up his spine and he spun around to find the commander forming into a physical from from the wind. He was still laughing. His laughed was picked up by the wind and carried across the battlefield.

4FzPEfh.jpg

"You understand nothing," the commander said, smiling. He looked upon Sorey and Lailah like they were mere amusements. "I am Ansem, the seeker of darkness! Darkness... malevolence... I am the master of it!"

Sorey balled his hand into a fist and took a step toward the man, but a shield of darkness protected Ansem, tossing Sorey and Lailah away from the sheer power alone. Was he growing in strength the longer the fighting went on?

Ansem stepped toward Mikleo and looked down at his limp body. "When you came head-to-head with my sheer power, darkness was imprinted on you. It coiled itself around your heart, turning it into darkness itself. Soon, your whole being will be nothing but darkness!"

"M-Mikleo..." Sorey groaned and got to his feet. "What are you...?"

"Watch!" barked Ansem. "Watch as he submits to darkness!"

Dark energy burst forth around Mikleo. Slowly, his body rose into the air. Once he was off the ground, the boy began to scream. Rose landed on the ground behind Ansem and split from Dezel. She cried out and started running at Ansem with the intent to stab him with her knives. Behind her, Dezel called out to Sorey.

rYC6NkV.png

"That's pure malevolence!" said the wind seraph. "No seraph would be able to handle it!"

Rose jumped at Ansem but she was knocked back easily by his dark aura. Sorey's eyes went wide as what was happening dawned on him. He made a run once again for his friend but found darkness battering down against him, forcing him to his knees. He let out a strained cry.

"Stop!" he pleaded. "Stop this!" Mikleo was going to end up just like Seres... just like Edna's brother!

PNYWJhB.jpg

"Let him go!!" Sorey screamed. His cry turned into an endless guttural yell as he slowly, inch-by-inch, got to his feet. "N-Not him!"

Sorey managed to get to one knee, but by then, it was simply too late. Darkness exploded around Mikleo and Ansem like a smoke bomb, covering them completely. Moments later, there was a humongous animal roar that shook the very earth. The battlefield was engulfed in a roar that seemed to split the sky itself. The roar put a feeling of haunting dread into every single person that heard it.

From the dark mist emerged a massive winged beast. Its wings spread wide and flapped, dissipating the mist and revealing its humongous form.

0T6xs8a.jpg

Soldiers who were not engulfed in the fighting cried out in fear, for this new threat made the previous large creatures seem small.

"A dragon?!"

Even Jon Snow found fear when looking upon the winged beast. "Fall back! Give it a wide berth! Archers, at the ready!"

Sorey had finally gotten to his feet but he collapsed on to his knees upon witnessing the dragon. He pounded the ground and cried wordlessly, unable to contain his grief. The dragon that had once been Mikleo stared him down and opened its mouth to fire on him with blue fire.

viP1f3E.jpg

"You have to move!" Rose cried out, rushing up to Sorey in order to shove him off his feet and move him out of the blast range, but the boy refused to move. Tears streamed down his face as he fell deeper and deeper into despair. Rose's pleading might as well have fallen on deaf ears. If it was not for the sudden appearance of a new fighter, the pair of them would have been engulfed in flames. A man grabbed Sorey and helped Rose pull him out of the way, a burning ball of fire slammed into the ground just as they were clear. The dragon then lifted his head to let out a horrid, angry roar as it prepared more fire.

kn1xa3i.jpg

"Get up," said Julius Kresnik, his voice giving little room for softness. He shook Sorey. "You can't just sit there!"

Widowmaker had the dragon in her sights, though was dismayed to find that her bullet seemed to do little to its dragonhide skin. She looked upon in awe and thought of her next move, realizing too late that her bullet had actually gotten his attention. All she saw was blue fire as the blast took out the tower she was perched on and buried in the debris.

As the dragon began to rampage and send countless soldiers running, complete bleakness seemed to fall over the battlefield, likely just as Ansem had intended.

"More cavalry has arrived!" boomed a new fighter, riding into battle on a horse. He swung his axe in wide arcs, taking out lingering shadows as they tried to take advantage of the paralyzing fear of the dragon.

NoZSSqW.png

"Meira!" Kieran yelled, holding his axe over his head. "Keep the big one occupied!"

A one-armed girl with silver hair streaked through the air, lightning trailing behind her. She appeared next to the dragon's head, bringing her sword down on its head and causing it to cry out. It flapped its wings in an attempt to swat her away and the girl burst backward toward the ground to get out of the way.

5G3JRyV.jpg

"Seems like more than a group of mercenaries can handle if you ask me," she said, alluding to the other friends Kieran had brought.

Ike came on to the battlefield, flanked by the members of the Greil Mercenaries. Ike ran up next to Meira, looking up at the dragon.

"Don't underestimate us."

@Outway

The school crew followed quickly behind Blue, making their way easily down the halls. They eventually reached the bottom floor, where they ran into Ms. Frizzle and Kyle Hyde. The groups then hurriedly left the school together, being the final ones to escape.

"Great work, everyone!" Ms. Frizzle said, holding her hands up. Bullet, filled with excitement, hugged Nancy. Elle walked over and hugged their legs.

"You guys are really cool," she said.

One of the children then screamed and most of the kids scattered. Elize called out for Elle and Ms. Frizzle let out a gasp. Some kind of new creature, a giant scorpion, appeared from behind one of the nearby buildings and was towering over Bullet, Nancy, and Elle. Its stinger shot, intending to skewer the three girls.

Thinking quickly, Bullet pushed Nancy out of the way but Elle was too small for her to do the same. Elle screamed as a man jumped in and grabbed her quickly enough to get her out of the way.

DcPn8dG.gif

Ludger, only able to save one, winced as the stinger pierced Bullet.

Except, it didn't pierce Bullet. Holder had stepped in front of her to take the hit. He let out a gruff cough as his blood splattered the ground. The scorpion then retracted its stinger and Holder wobbled on his feet.

"What the fuck were you thinking?!" Bullet yelled, moving to hold him as he began to collapse.

He was already starting to faint. "Couldn't lose ya again, kid..."

As he trailed off, many of the kids began to scream and cry. Kyle took a shot on the scorpion while Elize prepared a spell. Ms. Frizzle started to try and wrangle the kids to safety while Nancy stood, watching Holder numbly.

Arya and Asher quickly saw what was happening and moved in to help combat the new threat. Lightning rained down on the scorpion as Mikoto and Lalonde joined the fray.

@School

I5fygYq.jpg

Xemnas backed off from Mickey and gave him an evil smile. "You only see what is on the surface, Mickey. You entirely couldn't understand the bigger picture. What do I gain from attacking this fair city?"

The man then nodded his head and the giant dusk on the ground looked at Mickey. Xemnas looked on as the creature leaped into the air and attempted to catch Mickey in-between its hands.

@Hospital

Last edited:
FF’s attention turned to the massive dragon. She shot at it, but nothing happened, especially since Widowmaker’s bullets practically deflected off of the dragon.

“Boss...? What should I do...?” FF asked to what seemed like nobody.

She was totally lost

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi @Outway​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back