Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 5573

"Aah, so it was that easy, eh? Well, maybe it only seemed so because a Great Spirit as I is capable of many great deeds by the standards of humans," Muzét mused as her bolt managed to effectively reprogram RK-900. Convenient that she managed to go up against him; hopefully he'd be a good asset against the enemy. If he lived to survive this fight, who knew what kind of dirt he'd gave on the Revanchist? But then, that would probably be something Milla was better suited to handle, or anyone actually working for the Coalition.

Not Muzét though. She was just here for fun.

"You're in the middle of a battlefield, dearie. Best watch where you stand!" The Great Spirit exclaimed in response to the android in an almost jovial manner, though even she knew the actual gravitas of the situation. "I didn't rough you up too badly, did I? Or if I did, you might want to get someplace safe. The Revanchist is bound to hurt anyone who gets in their way much worse than what I did to you," she advised RK, but before long, something else grabbed her attention.

A dragon, having appeared from the boy named Mikleo, manipulated into materializing by the commander of darkness. This was, in fact, not fun at all.

View attachment 5574

"Dear me, a dragon. The enemy really enjoys making a mess of things, don't they?" Muzét breathed. She had fought her fair share of adversaries before, Milla herself among them, but a dragon was -- literally -- an entirely different beast. However, she couldn't turn her back on the humans just yet. They needed just another push, and they'd be able to pull through.

With that, she floated past RK-900, looking at the afar dragon. "It's prime time to make a choice now, dearie! Either save yourself or save others, even if it means putting yourself at risk!" She said to the android, before floating off with that.

In a way, it was as though she were providing RK-900 with a test of sorts, just to see how "human" he was, by judging how he'd react to all this in a tragically short amount of time. Constraints like these were when humans were the most interesting, after all.

View attachment 5576

"Tch...!"

As she soared through the sky as fast as her "wings" could take her, the Great Spirit held her arms out in front of the dragon. At this stage, the seraphim was too far gone to be saved. The malevolence had taken him over. She knew this on an instinctual, primordial level, but even so, everything she was going to do from here would be with a heavy heart.

Raging Sun.

With that, a massive fireball began to materialize some meters in front of Muzét, standing between herself and the dragon. The fireball was initially no bigger than a tennis ball, but it kept growing, and growing, and growing... It wouldn't stop for as long as Muzét was able to channel more and more of her mana into it. She'd have to go no holds barred for this one, but on the upside, if there was one to be found, it wasn't often that she was allowed to go full out.

The fireball continued growing and growing until it was bigger than a small building, and burning almost as hot as the bowels of Hell, until it almost looked like a miniature sun. With that, Muzét finally finished and shot the massive fireball right at the dragon, hoping to ward it off.

Meanwhile, from down below, Touma could only watch in awe.

View attachment 5577

"So this is the power of a Great Spirit...!" He could only say. "But I guess this isn't time for sightseeing! There's gotta be something we can do, or else the Revanchist will have used our own forces to beat us!"

"Oh yeah? What are you gonna do by yourself, you cumbrain?! Punch the dragon?!" Genocide Jack exclaimed to Touma, looking at him like the idiot he really was.

"I dunno...! But I gotta try something! I've gone up against worse than a dragon!" The boy said, and without any more room for argument, dashed forward intrepidly toward the scene!

"You have not fucking fought down anything worse than a dragon! Eat my ass!" The girl yelled over to Touma, but made no move to stop him. If he wanted to get himself killed, it was honestly no skin off her back, even if they were supposed to be on the same team here. Don't work hard, work smart, and all that.

@Atomic Knight @Lucky @Outway

View attachment 5571

"My thanks for keeping good care of her, Sir Shigure. But I'll have to ask that you keep a good hold on Little My for just a while longer," the familiar voice of Riesbyfe said, the Holy Knight suddenly appearing beside Shigure shortly after the behemoth that had killed Hope managed to swat her away like a fly. However, the woman was not deterred, seeming to have taken the monster's attack rather well, though who could say how much of that was with the help of her trusty shield Gamaliel?

"Be good now for the young man, okay? This symphony isn't finished just yet," she gestured to Little My, and without missing another beat, the woman was on her way again, dashing forward at blinding speeds faster than the eye could see!

Fwoosh! ... Clang!

Regardless of whether Mickey was able to survive or even evade the giant dusk's massive hands closing in on him, Riesbyfe suddenly appeared again to the side of its hulking form, clutching Gamaliel tightly. "Fall, cursed wraith, and find peace!" She cried out, before leaping forward. With a blade protruding out from the tip of her shield, Riesbyfe lunged to impale it into the dusk, before channeling her personal mana into it and expelling it through the blade like that of a magical explosion or mana burst, hoping to essentially blast the dusk away like a shotgun against a human!

Meanwhile, from the further side, Deadshot gestured toward Severa.

View attachment 5572

"Isn't there anything you can do against those things? Don't people from your worlds all know some convenient offensive magic to help in a fight?!" Deadshot exclaimed irritably to the girl as the citizens gradually managed to clear out, before taking aim with his wrist cannons right at Xemnas and...

BLAM BLAM BLAM!

... firing multiple shots right at the man, whether to distract him momentarily if not to outright be able to hurt him.

@Atomic Knight @Takumi @Capri @Lucky @Yun Lee @Hospital

Once Pyke's phantom had returned to his body, it was then that something unexpected happened. The blur appeared. With a powerful boom ringing through the air, what felt like a mighty force crashed into Pyke with the intent of sending him flying several feet back, as though he had just been hit by a runaway car! With that, the blur rushed through the water, grabbing Edna and Lindel and valiantly pulling them out of the watery prison!

The sailor's eyes widened in surprise as he was sent hurtling backward, coughing up slime and dropping his weapons. He eventually crashed against the ground several times before finally sliding to a halt. He groaned and coughed in genuine pain among the dust. "What the...?" he mumbled, shuddering and holding his chest.

He could hardly sit back up. His body felt like it had been shattered. A haze of mist swarmed him in an attempt to restore his strength, but he had already spent so much energy already. He finally mustered the power to at least sit back up, but he didn't feel any less in pain. He rubbed his eyes and blinked a few times to remove the blurriness from his vision before turning his attention to the harpoon beside him, which stuck out of the ground. He stood up slowly.

Why is it so quiet? There was no noise inside his head, just eerie silence.
"It's okay. I can take it from here," Clark Kent, born Kal-El of the planet Krypton and a victim of the tragedy known as Point Zero, valiantly said, eyeing Pyke intently. To Pyke directly, Clark spoke with an imposing air, yet also holding out a hand in a defensive gesture. "You don't wanna do this. You're making a big mistake here!"

"Nngh... What do you think you're doing?! Trying to moralize him to death?!"

Clark said nothing to Edna's outburst. She wouldn't understand, but Clark did. It didn't take a rocket scientist to see that Pyke wasn't in the right state of mind. Of course, he didn't know what the "right" state constituted, but the way the man spoke, it was clear he wasn't completely all there, like he was under some influence, and mind control or no, Clark was willing to bet the man was going to do something he'd regret. Then again, that might have just been him projecting; after all, even Clark himself wasn't infallible against such an influence, considering what had happened at Point Zero, but all the same, he had to put an end to this.

Shaking his head, Clark only kept speaking toward Pyke. "Either way, this ends now. You can fight me, or you can fight whatever's inside your head! It's your choice, but you have a choice!"

Then, a voice reached his ears. It was the man who had nearly killed him. Suddenly his senses were overwhelmed again. He doubled over and held his head with both hands.

Kill them. They betrayed you. Left you to die.

The memory came back. The shipmates staring at his plight. The teeth of the jaull-fish closing. The slivers of light peeking its way in for the last time. Clark was there. He was the captain. Was he?

He seethed in confused rage, opening his eyes and yanking his harpoon from the ground, "You land-folk think you're so smart. I ain't makin' any mistake. I know who I am... mostly..." He shambled closer and closer to Clark. "You're lyin' to me. No one's honest, not till they get a knife in the gut..." He seemed almost wary of the other man, however, as if his most basic instincts recognized that he was staring down a larger fish.

He quickened his pace. He had no other tricks up his sleeve; he simply charged at the Kryptonian with his knife in tow, a miasma of malevolence emanating from his head.​

Last edited:

"Ahahaha... ahahaha!!"

The commander barked out a deep laugh, disappearing into darkness as Frank ran into him. The dark residue left behind spun and twirled in the air, floating back around toward Sorey and Mikleo. The Shepherd was slowly getting to his knees as Lailah's healing helped him up. He looked around to check on his friend.

"Mikleo?" Sorey said, his voice slightly hoarse. Whatever the commander had done, it had really taken a lot out of him. Such overwhelming power... all that darkness... Sorey had felt anything even nearing that only in Heldalf's presence.

"Mikleo!"

The other boy was still unconscious, sprawled out on the ground as if all the life had been removed from him. Seeing such a sight jolted Sorey to his feet despite the pain and he reached out to hold Lailah's hand so he could stand properly.

"This isn't right," Sorey said, fear edging into his voice. "Something's wrong!"

As he said this, dark winds picked up around him. Sorey felt a tingle up his spine and he spun around to find the commander forming into a physical from from the wind. He was still laughing. His laughed was picked up by the wind and carried across the battlefield.

4FzPEfh.jpg

"You understand nothing," the commander said, smiling. He looked upon Sorey and Lailah like they were mere amusements. "I am Ansem, the seeker of darkness! Darkness... malevolence... I am the master of it!"

Sorey balled his hand into a fist and took a step toward the man, but a shield of darkness protected Ansem, tossing Sorey and Lailah away from the sheer power alone. Was he growing in strength the longer the fighting went on?

Ansem stepped toward Mikleo and looked down at his limp body. "When you came head-to-head with my sheer power, darkness was imprinted on you. It coiled itself around your heart, turning it into darkness itself. Soon, your whole being will be nothing but darkness!"

"M-Mikleo..." Sorey groaned and got to his feet. "What are you...?"

"Watch!" barked Ansem. "Watch as he submits to darkness!"

Dark energy burst forth around Mikleo. Slowly, his body rose into the air. Once he was off the ground, the boy began to scream. Rose landed on the ground behind Ansem and split from Dezel. She cried out and started running at Ansem with the intent to stab him with her knives. Behind her, Dezel called out to Sorey.

rYC6NkV.png

"That's pure malevolence!" said the wind seraph. "No seraph would be able to handle it!"

Rose jumped at Ansem but she was knocked back easily by his dark aura. Sorey's eyes went wide as what was happening dawned on him. He made a run once again for his friend but found darkness battering down against him, forcing him to his knees. He let out a strained cry.

"Stop!" he pleaded. "Stop this!" Mikleo was going to end up just like Seres... just like Edna's brother!

PNYWJhB.jpg

"Let him go!!" Sorey screamed. His cry turned into an endless guttural yell as he slowly, inch-by-inch, got to his feet. "N-Not him!"

Sorey managed to get to one knee, but by then, it was simply too late. Darkness exploded around Mikleo and Ansem like a smoke bomb, covering them completely. Moments later, there was a humongous animal roar that shook the very earth. The battlefield was engulfed in a roar that seemed to split the sky itself. The roar put a feeling of haunting dread into every single person that heard it.

From the dark mist emerged a massive winged beast. Its wings spread wide and flapped, dissipating the mist and revealing its humongous form.

0T6xs8a.jpg

Soldiers who were not engulfed in the fighting cried out in fear, for this new threat made the previous large creatures seem small.

"A dragon?!"

Even Jon Snow found fear when looking upon the winged beast. "Fall back! Give it a wide berth! Archers, at the ready!"

Sorey had finally gotten to his feet but he collapsed on to his knees upon witnessing the dragon. He pounded the ground and cried wordlessly, unable to contain his grief. The dragon that had once been Mikleo stared him down and opened its mouth to fire on him with blue fire.

viP1f3E.jpg

"You have to move!" Rose cried out, rushing up to Sorey in order to shove him off his feet and move him out of the blast range, but the boy refused to move. Tears streamed down his face as he fell deeper and deeper into despair. Rose's pleading might as well have fallen on deaf ears. If it was not for the sudden appearance of a new fighter, the pair of them would have been engulfed in flames. A man grabbed Sorey and helped Rose pull him out of the way, a burning ball of fire slammed into the ground just as they were clear. The dragon then lifted his head to let out a horrid, angry roar as it prepared more fire.

kn1xa3i.jpg

"Get up," said Julius Kresnik, his voice giving little room for softness. He shook Sorey. "You can't just sit there!"

Widowmaker had the dragon in her sights, though was dismayed to find that her bullet seemed to do little to its dragonhide skin. She looked upon in awe and thought of her next move, realizing too late that her bullet had actually gotten his attention. All she saw was blue fire as the blast took out the tower she was perched on and buried in the debris.

As the dragon began to rampage and send countless soldiers running, complete bleakness seemed to fall over the battlefield, likely just as Ansem had intended.

"More cavalry has arrived!" boomed a new fighter, riding into battle on a horse. He swung his axe in wide arcs, taking out lingering shadows as they tried to take advantage of the paralyzing fear of the dragon.

NoZSSqW.png

"Meira!" Kieran yelled, holding his axe over his head. "Keep the big one occupied!"

A one-armed girl with silver hair streaked through the air, lightning trailing behind her. She appeared next to the dragon's head, bringing her sword down on its head and causing it to cry out. It flapped its wings in an attempt to swat her away and the girl burst backward toward the ground to get out of the way.

5G3JRyV.jpg

"Seems like more than a group of mercenaries can handle if you ask me," she said, alluding to the other friends Kieran had brought.

Ike came on to the battlefield, flanked by the members of the Greil Mercenaries. Ike ran up next to Meira, looking up at the dragon.

"Don't underestimate us."

@Outway

The school crew followed quickly behind Blue, making their way easily down the halls. They eventually reached the bottom floor, where they ran into Ms. Frizzle and Kyle Hyde. The groups then hurriedly left the school together, being the final ones to escape.

"Great work, everyone!" Ms. Frizzle said, holding her hands up. Bullet, filled with excitement, hugged Nancy. Elle walked over and hugged their legs.

"You guys are really cool," she said.

One of the children then screamed and most of the kids scattered. Elize called out for Elle and Ms. Frizzle let out a gasp. Some kind of new creature, a giant scorpion, appeared from behind one of the nearby buildings and was towering over Bullet, Nancy, and Elle. Its stinger shot, intending to skewer the three girls.

Thinking quickly, Bullet pushed Nancy out of the way but Elle was too small for her to do the same. Elle screamed as a man jumped in and grabbed her quickly enough to get her out of the way.

DcPn8dG.gif

Ludger, only able to save one, winced as the stinger pierced Bullet.

Except, it didn't pierce Bullet. Holder had stepped in front of her to take the hit. He let out a gruff cough as his blood splattered the ground. The scorpion then retracted its stinger and Holder wobbled on his feet.

"What the fuck were you thinking?!" Bullet yelled, moving to hold him as he began to collapse.

He was already starting to faint. "Couldn't lose ya again, kid..."

As he trailed off, many of the kids began to scream and cry. Kyle took a shot on the scorpion while Elize prepared a spell. Ms. Frizzle started to try and wrangle the kids to safety while Nancy stood, watching Holder numbly.

Arya and Asher quickly saw what was happening and moved in to help combat the new threat. Lightning rained down on the scorpion as Mikoto and Lalonde joined the fray.

@School

I5fygYq.jpg

Xemnas backed off from Mickey and gave him an evil smile. "You only see what is on the surface, Mickey. You entirely couldn't understand the bigger picture. What do I gain from attacking this fair city?"

The man then nodded his head and the giant dusk on the ground looked at Mickey. Xemnas looked on as the creature leaped into the air and attempted to catch Mickey in-between its hands.

@Hospital

@Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee @Capri @Ver @Crow @Takumi @Crunch @Josh @Alex Azure @Donder172 @Sark @York @Gummi Bunnies @Space_Candy @Kaykay @Lucky @Ottonomous Ghost

Blue charged at the scorpion, attempting to bite into it face, going for one of it's eyes, before quickly moving back and barking to get it's attention, and hoping to dodge any attack from it's stinger before attempting to go back in for another attack at it's face.

Azura had rushed over upon seeing the group of children scattered about, attempting to help Ms. Frizzle gather them together and protect them from any other dangers along the way.

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Others @School

View attachment 5573

"Aah, so it was that easy, eh? Well, maybe it only seemed so because a Great Spirit as I is capable of many great deeds by the standards of humans," Muzét mused as her bolt managed to effectively reprogram RK-900. Convenient that she managed to go up against him; hopefully he'd be a good asset against the enemy. If he lived to survive this fight, who knew what kind of dirt he'd gave on the Revanchist? But then, that would probably be something Milla was better suited to handle, or anyone actually working for the Coalition.

Not Muzét though. She was just here for fun.

"You're in the middle of a battlefield, dearie. Best watch where you stand!" The Great Spirit exclaimed in response to the android in an almost jovial manner, though even she knew the actual gravitas of the situation. "I didn't rough you up too badly, did I? Or if I did, you might want to get someplace safe. The Revanchist is bound to hurt anyone who gets in their way much worse than what I did to you," she advised RK, but before long, something else grabbed her attention.

A dragon, having appeared from the boy named Mikleo, manipulated into materializing by the commander of darkness. This was, in fact, not fun at all.

View attachment 5574

"Dear me, a dragon. The enemy really enjoys making a mess of things, don't they?" Muzét breathed. She had fought her fair share of adversaries before, Milla herself among them, but a dragon was -- literally -- an entirely different beast. However, she couldn't turn her back on the humans just yet. They needed just another push, and they'd be able to pull through.

With that, she floated past RK-900, looking at the afar dragon. "It's prime time to make a choice now, dearie! Either save yourself or save others, even if it means putting yourself at risk!" She said to the android, before floating off with that.

In a way, it was as though she were providing RK-900 with a test of sorts, just to see how "human" he was, by judging how he'd react to all this in a tragically short amount of time. Constraints like these were when humans were the most interesting, after all.

View attachment 5576

"Tch...!"

As she soared through the sky as fast as her "wings" could take her, the Great Spirit held her arms out in front of the dragon. At this stage, the seraphim was too far gone to be saved. The malevolence had taken him over. She knew this on an instinctual, primordial level, but even so, everything she was going to do from here would be with a heavy heart.

Raging Sun.

With that, a massive fireball began to materialize some meters in front of Muzét, standing between herself and the dragon. The fireball was initially no bigger than a tennis ball, but it kept growing, and growing, and growing... It wouldn't stop for as long as Muzét was able to channel more and more of her mana into it. She'd have to go no holds barred for this one, but on the upside, if there was one to be found, it wasn't often that she was allowed to go full out.

The fireball continued growing and growing until it was bigger than a small building, and burning almost as hot as the bowels of Hell, until it almost looked like a miniature sun. With that, Muzét finally finished and shot the massive fireball right at the dragon, hoping to ward it off.

Meanwhile, from down below, Touma could only watch in awe.

View attachment 5577

"So this is the power of a Great Spirit...!" He could only say. "But I guess this isn't time for sightseeing! There's gotta be something we can do, or else the Revanchist will have used our own forces to beat us!"

"Oh yeah? What are you gonna do by yourself, you cumbrain?! Punch the dragon?!" Genocide Jack exclaimed to Touma, looking at him like the idiot he really was.

"I dunno...! But I gotta try something! I've gone up against worse than a dragon!" The boy said, and without any more room for argument, dashed forward intrepidly toward the scene!

"You have not fucking fought down anything worse than a dragon! Eat my ass!" The girl yelled over to Touma, but made no move to stop him. If he wanted to get himself killed, it was honestly no skin off her back, even if they were supposed to be on the same team here. Don't work hard, work smart, and all that.

@Atomic Knight @Lucky @Outway

View attachment 5571

"My thanks for keeping good care of her, Sir Shigure. But I'll have to ask that you keep a good hold on Little My for just a while longer," the familiar voice of Riesbyfe said, the Holy Knight suddenly appearing beside Shigure shortly after the behemoth that had killed Hope managed to swat her away like a fly. However, the woman was not deterred, seeming to have taken the monster's attack rather well, though who could say how much of that was with the help of her trusty shield Gamaliel?

"Be good now for the young man, okay? This symphony isn't finished just yet," she gestured to Little My, and without missing another beat, the woman was on her way again, dashing forward at blinding speeds faster than the eye could see!

Fwoosh! ... Clang!

Regardless of whether Mickey was able to survive or even evade the giant dusk's massive hands closing in on him, Riesbyfe suddenly appeared again to the side of its hulking form, clutching Gamaliel tightly. "Fall, cursed wraith, and find peace!" She cried out, before leaping forward. With a blade protruding out from the tip of her shield, Riesbyfe lunged to impale it into the dusk, before channeling her personal mana into it and expelling it through the blade like that of a magical explosion or mana burst, hoping to essentially blast the dusk away like a shotgun against a human!

Meanwhile, from the further side, Deadshot gestured toward Severa.

View attachment 5572

"Isn't there anything you can do against those things? Don't people from your worlds all know some convenient offensive magic to help in a fight?!" Deadshot exclaimed irritably to the girl as the citizens gradually managed to clear out, before taking aim with his wrist cannons right at Xemnas and...

BLAM BLAM BLAM!

... firing multiple shots right at the man, whether to distract him momentarily if not to outright be able to hurt him.

@Atomic Knight @Takumi @Capri @Lucky @Yun Lee @Hospital

"Of course, we have to look out for each other. We've lost too many already. Good luck." Shigure nodded, just as Ries moved in for another attack against the beast, he quickly tried to help Jude evacuate the civilians out of the danger area of the fighting.

"You heard the little lady, we need to move to safety." He spoke calmly as he attempted to take up the rear of the group Jude was evacuating, keeping an eye out for any stragglers or those who needed assistance while also keeping an eye out for any other threats.

@Ver @Capri @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Hospital

Clare had charged at Ansem with her sword, attempting to cut into the Commander quickly, the Claymore's sharp teeth glinting in a snarl as she did so.

"I won't let you get away with this." She snarled.

At the roar of the dragon, Chise's eyes widened. Whirling around to see. While Touma was in awe at Muzét's display, Chise stared right at the hulking beast with a heavy sadness and shock to posture.

ce0b46f2ce6449edfdcb4d9f9b36b0121f6b6dcd.jpg

"A dragon...here?" She mumbled. The last time she had seen one, it nearly caused havoc to the streets of London in it's fear. Her cursed arm throbbed at the memory. She knew the dragon had ended up safe at home, in the end. This dragon however? It felt different. Bad. Wild and angry and-

Feels bad. Feels really bad. Hurts. My chest...

As Touma rushed to the beast, Chise quickly scrubbed at her eyes before she ran beside him, gripping her staff in her right hand as her left grew clawed and scaily.

"I'm coming with you and help however I can!" She spoke, doing her best to keep her panic from her voice. Her worry, however, shone through.

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Outway

████...? - Outway

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Capri @Crunch @Lucky @Ottonomous Ghost @Takumi @Outway

The sailor's eyes widened in surprise as he was sent hurtling backward, coughing up slime and dropping his weapons. He eventually crashed against the ground several times before finally sliding to a halt. He groaned and coughed in genuine pain among the dust. "What the...?" he mumbled, shuddering and holding his chest.

He could hardly sit back up. His body felt like it had been shattered. A haze of mist swarmed him in an attempt to restore his strength, but he had already spent so much energy already. He finally mustered the power to at least sit back up, but he didn't feel any less in pain. He rubbed his eyes and blinked a few times to remove the blurriness from his vision before turning his attention to the harpoon beside him, which stuck out of the ground. He stood up slowly.

Why is it so quiet? There was no noise inside his head, just eerie silence.

Then, a voice reached his ears. It was the man who had nearly killed him. Suddenly his senses were overwhelmed again. He dropped his blade and held his head with both hands now.

Kill them. They betrayed you. Left you to die.

The memory came back. The shipmates staring at his plight. The teeth of the jaull-fish closing. The slivers of light peeking its way in for the last time. Clark was there. He was the captain. Was he?

He seethed in confused rage, opening his eyes and yanking his harpoon from the ground, "You land-folk think you're so smart. I ain't makin' any mistake. I know who I am... mostly..." He shambled closer and closer to Clark. "You're lyin' to me. No one's honest, not till they get a knife in the gut..." He seemed almost wary of the other man, however, as if his most basic instincts recognized that he was staring down a larger fish.

He quickened his pace. He had no other tricks up his sleeve; he simply charged at the Kryptonian with his knife in tow, a miasma of malevolence emanating from his head.​

Lindel shifted where he stood, winds picking up to push against Pyke to slow him down in his charge against Clark. Sharp and whistling, a force that wasn't as strong as before, but would still attempt to push the man back regardless.

Lindel had heard the dragon, and it made him incredibly uneasy and almost distracted. Almost. He knew it wasn't one of his own, but that didn't stop the fact that he instinctively wanted to do something about it. What could he do? If it wasn't one of his own dragons, or at the very least, from his world, he didn't know what to do to change it's fate in a situation like this.

38e7788b5173702c608708c6f149013d3d04ad18.jpg

"They're going to kill it. Damn it all." He growled out softly, loud enough for those beside him to hear, glancing to the dragon in question as he did so. This was the sort of thing he was supposed to prevent, to protect both dragons and humans from each other.

@Yun Lee @Ver @Ottonomous Ghost @Outway

FOO FIGHTERS
@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Crunch @Lucky @Ottonomous Ghost @Takumi @Outway

He quickened his pace. He had no other tricks up his sleeve; he simply charged at the Kryptonian with his knife in tow, a miasma of malevolence emanating from his head.

As if on cue, FF began to sniff. She could smell it. She could smell the stench that overwhelmed her senses from Piper's Landing.

It came from the fishing guy who she didn't bother to fight.

Soon enough, however, Pyke would feel a sharp pain in his back, and another, and another.

Some of the troops that Jon Snow had brought, and some of the Huns, have all ganged up and stabbed Pyke in the back.

But that wasn't the truth. Foo Fighters was in full gear. She had invaded the dead bodies of the troops that died in combat and used her stand to make them stab Pyke in the back.

Atroe's body walked in front of Pyke, acting as a barrier between Pyke and Clark.

"I got him!" FF excitedly shouted through Atroe's mouth, "I hope you can take it from here! Don't mind them, they're already dead,"

LITTLE MY
@Atomic Knight @Ver @Takumi @Hospital

"Got it!" Little My said, before returning to helping with the evacuation.​

"Ahahaha... ahahaha!!"

The commander barked out a deep laugh, disappearing into darkness as Frank ran into him. The dark residue left behind spun and twirled in the air, floating back around toward Sorey and Mikleo. The Shepherd was slowly getting to his knees as Lailah's healing helped him up. He looked around to check on his friend.

"Mikleo?" Sorey said, his voice slightly hoarse. Whatever the commander had done, it had really taken a lot out of him. Such overwhelming power... all that darkness... Sorey had felt anything even nearing that only in Heldalf's presence.

"Mikleo!"

The other boy was still unconscious, sprawled out on the ground as if all the life had been removed from him. Seeing such a sight jolted Sorey to his feet despite the pain and he reached out to hold Lailah's hand so he could stand properly.

"This isn't right," Sorey said, fear edging into his voice. "Something's wrong!"

As he said this, dark winds picked up around him. Sorey felt a tingle up his spine and he spun around to find the commander forming into a physical from from the wind. He was still laughing. His laughed was picked up by the wind and carried across the battlefield.

4FzPEfh.jpg

"You understand nothing," the commander said, smiling. He looked upon Sorey and Lailah like they were mere amusements. "I am Ansem, the seeker of darkness! Darkness... malevolence... I am the master of it!"

Sorey balled his hand into a fist and took a step toward the man, but a shield of darkness protected Ansem, tossing Sorey and Lailah away from the sheer power alone. Was he growing in strength the longer the fighting went on?

Ansem stepped toward Mikleo and looked down at his limp body. "When you came head-to-head with my sheer power, darkness was imprinted on you. It coiled itself around your heart, turning it into darkness itself. Soon, your whole being will be nothing but darkness!"

"M-Mikleo..." Sorey groaned and got to his feet. "What are you...?"

"Watch!" barked Ansem. "Watch as he submits to darkness!"

Dark energy burst forth around Mikleo. Slowly, his body rose into the air. Once he was off the ground, the boy began to scream. Rose landed on the ground behind Ansem and split from Dezel. She cried out and started running at Ansem with the intent to stab him with her knives. Behind her, Dezel called out to Sorey.

rYC6NkV.png

"That's pure malevolence!" said the wind seraph. "No seraph would be able to handle it!"

Rose jumped at Ansem but she was knocked back easily by his dark aura. Sorey's eyes went wide as what was happening dawned on him. He made a run once again for his friend but found darkness battering down against him, forcing him to his knees. He let out a strained cry.

"Stop!" he pleaded. "Stop this!" Mikleo was going to end up just like Seres... just like Edna's brother!

PNYWJhB.jpg

"Let him go!!" Sorey screamed. His cry turned into an endless guttural yell as he slowly, inch-by-inch, got to his feet. "N-Not him!"

Sorey managed to get to one knee, but by then, it was simply too late. Darkness exploded around Mikleo and Ansem like a smoke bomb, covering them completely. Moments later, there was a humongous animal roar that shook the very earth. The battlefield was engulfed in a roar that seemed to split the sky itself. The roar put a feeling of haunting dread into every single person that heard it.

From the dark mist emerged a massive winged beast. Its wings spread wide and flapped, dissipating the mist and revealing its humongous form.

0T6xs8a.jpg

Soldiers who were not engulfed in the fighting cried out in fear, for this new threat made the previous large creatures seem small.

"A dragon?!"

Even Jon Snow found fear when looking upon the winged beast. "Fall back! Give it a wide berth! Archers, at the ready!"

Sorey had finally gotten to his feet but he collapsed on to his knees upon witnessing the dragon. He pounded the ground and cried wordlessly, unable to contain his grief. The dragon that had once been Mikleo stared him down and opened its mouth to fire on him with blue fire.

viP1f3E.jpg

"You have to move!" Rose cried out, rushing up to Sorey in order to shove him off his feet and move him out of the blast range, but the boy refused to move. Tears streamed down his face as he fell deeper and deeper into despair. Rose's pleading might as well have fallen on deaf ears. If it was not for the sudden appearance of a new fighter, the pair of them would have been engulfed in flames. A man grabbed Sorey and helped Rose pull him out of the way, a burning ball of fire slammed into the ground just as they were clear. The dragon then lifted his head to let out a horrid, angry roar as it prepared more fire.

kn1xa3i.jpg

"Get up," said Julius Kresnik, his voice giving little room for softness. He shook Sorey. "You can't just sit there!"

Widowmaker had the dragon in her sights, though was dismayed to find that her bullet seemed to do little to its dragonhide skin. She looked upon in awe and thought of her next move, realizing too late that her bullet had actually gotten his attention. All she saw was blue fire as the blast took out the tower she was perched on and buried in the debris.

As the dragon began to rampage and send countless soldiers running, complete bleakness seemed to fall over the battlefield, likely just as Ansem had intended.

"More cavalry has arrived!" boomed a new fighter, riding into battle on a horse. He swung his axe in wide arcs, taking out lingering shadows as they tried to take advantage of the paralyzing fear of the dragon.

NoZSSqW.png

"Meira!" Kieran yelled, holding his axe over his head. "Keep the big one occupied!"

A one-armed girl with silver hair streaked through the air, lightning trailing behind her. She appeared next to the dragon's head, bringing her sword down on its head and causing it to cry out. It flapped its wings in an attempt to swat her away and the girl burst backward toward the ground to get out of the way.

5G3JRyV.jpg

"Seems like more than a group of mercenaries can handle if you ask me," she said, alluding to the other friends Kieran had brought.

Ike came on to the battlefield, flanked by the members of the Greil Mercenaries. Ike ran up next to Meira, looking up at the dragon.

"Don't underestimate us."

@Outway

The school crew followed quickly behind Blue, making their way easily down the halls. They eventually reached the bottom floor, where they ran into Ms. Frizzle and Kyle Hyde. The groups then hurriedly left the school together, being the final ones to escape.

"Great work, everyone!" Ms. Frizzle said, holding her hands up. Bullet, filled with excitement, hugged Nancy. Elle walked over and hugged their legs.

"You guys are really cool," she said.

One of the children then screamed and most of the kids scattered. Elize called out for Elle and Ms. Frizzle let out a gasp. Some kind of new creature, a giant scorpion, appeared from behind one of the nearby buildings and was towering over Bullet, Nancy, and Elle. Its stinger shot, intending to skewer the three girls.

Thinking quickly, Bullet pushed Nancy out of the way but Elle was too small for her to do the same. Elle screamed as a man jumped in and grabbed her quickly enough to get her out of the way.

DcPn8dG.gif

Ludger, only able to save one, winced as the stinger pierced Bullet.

Except, it didn't pierce Bullet. Holder had stepped in front of her to take the hit. He let out a gruff cough as his blood splattered the ground. The scorpion then retracted its stinger and Holder wobbled on his feet.

"What the fuck were you thinking?!" Bullet yelled, moving to hold him as he began to collapse.

He was already starting to faint. "Couldn't lose ya again, kid..."

As he trailed off, many of the kids began to scream and cry. Kyle took a shot on the scorpion while Elize prepared a spell. Ms. Frizzle started to try and wrangle the kids to safety while Nancy stood, watching Holder numbly.

Arya and Asher quickly saw what was happening and moved in to help combat the new threat. Lightning rained down on the scorpion as Mikoto and Lalonde joined the fray.

@School

I5fygYq.jpg

Xemnas backed off from Mickey and gave him an evil smile. "You only see what is on the surface, Mickey. You entirely couldn't understand the bigger picture. What do I gain from attacking this fair city?"

The man then nodded his head and the giant dusk on the ground looked at Mickey. Xemnas looked on as the creature leaped into the air and attempted to catch Mickey in-between its hands.

@Hospital

@Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee @Capri @Ver @Crow @Takumi @Crunch @Josh @Alex Azure @Donder172 @Sark @York @Gummi Bunnies @Space_Candy @Kaykay @Lucky @Ottonomous Ghost

"No..." Lailah gasped in horror at what was happening. Mikleo...how could he have? Sorey! She frantically looked around to see where he had gone to. "Sorey!" Finally, she noticed him with Rose and someone she didn't recognize. "Sorey!" She made her way towards them in a run. "Sorey, y-you need to get up. We can't lose you too!"

The Cosmic Ghost Rider was perturbed, irked, even. Once again that white-haired pretty boy ducked by him. This time though he'd have another thing coming for him. Using a fracture of his Cosmic awareness to pick up his location. The dragon was cool and all but kicking that guys ass was a way higher priority for him.

@Atomic Knight

Avalon- School ( Wyatt Halliwell)

Wyatt took a moment to assess as his brother and the rest of the people who had been helping at the school would arm themselves against the scorpion. He would approach Bullet and Holder. " If he's not dead yet, I think I can be of some help. I'm half-whitelighter which in my world means that I'm a healer," he replied, channeling his powers and leaning down to see if he could clear the wound before it killed him. Sure, it might traumatize him, but seeing as his mother literally died before he was born, he figured that saving a life was worth the risk.

@Atomic Knight @School

Hospital- Mickey Mouse

Mickey paused to think for a moment, making sure to dodge out of the way so he wouldn't be crushed. " I imagine that this has to once again be part of your attempt to gather hearts to make Kingdom Hearts, but I feel like there is something I am missing. Perhaps someone else can tell me," he replied, rushing and attacking the beast with his key blade.

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Hospital

Outway- Billy Batson/ Shazam and RK-900

While every fiber of Will Nines being wanted to preserve himself, there was something that was stopping him. He hated to see people be hurt, so he would equip his gun and shot at anything that would get in Muzet or anyone else's way. He would try to save anyone he could.

"So, Skulls, we agree that while a dragon is cool, we are going to fucking fry the guy who caused this mess right?"

@Jeremi @Ver @Outway

boBHXfV.jpg

❝ This just got a lot more complicated than it needed to be... ❞ Lapis mumbled in dismay. They really couldn't get a break, and it was only getting worse by the second. As she saw it, there wasn't much she could do against a dragon formed out of malevolence when thinking in the scope of her Miracles. She only had four charges of it left before she would end up kicking the bucket, and she really had to consider what times would be best to use it.

Amidst the chaos, the Witch of Miracles stood there, silently cursing herself for not being as useful as she thought she would be in this situation.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Crunch @Lucky @Ottonomous Ghost @Takumi @Capri
@Outway

That's a big scorpion. Obviously that's going to be a huge threat until dealt with, so it was the perfect kind of creature to face all out.

tumblr_oz67nauLgo1v3qowuo9_100.png

❝ Hehehe... batter UP!!! ❞ Majima didn't hesitate in charging right at the scorpion, readying his metal bat for a full-on swing right for it's face.

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky
@School

Ansem laughed. He disappeared into smoke as Clare cut through him. His laughter faded on the dark winds, drowned out by the rampaging battle.

It seemed that Ansem had completely disappeared. Not even Frank could sense him.

As Muzét's attack built, the dragon let out an intense, deafening roar that seemed to shake the planet of Ash itself. His roar was malice and anger all rolled into one, but there was a hint of something more. It was the undeniable hint of sadness. A sad, horrid roar for Mikleo and all who had been lost amidst the senseless fighting. The final note in a symphony that heralded the long, sad tale of Ash. This might not have been the final battle, but it was certainly a final battle.

jyx7ND9.jpg

"Mikleo!" Sorey cried out. He seemed to ignore Lailah at first, but he regarded her after a moment. "Lailah, how could I... How could i let this happen?!"

Rose and Julius had managed to get Sorey out of danger a moment before, but dragon only posed a bigger threat the longer it rampaged. Muzét's ball of fire collided with the beast as blue fire poured from its mouth. The twin bouts of fire collided and exploded in the air, lighting up Ash's sky. Sorey could feel the intense heat from where even he knelt, but still he did not budge.

Tendrils of fire burst from the sky and began to rain down on the battlefield, threatening more friendly folk than enemy. Gaius and Jon commanded their soldiers to get back, but it seemed too late for many. At least until a bright streak came flying down and through the fire, dissipating it completely.

gMPVymz.gif

Carol Danvers flew through the air, firing off bursts of energy to snipe countless numbers of the ground enemies. She then began to circle the dragon, energy flying up around her and forming a wall to keep the dragon contained.

Flying down next the group closest to the dragon, Carol said, "it won't hold for long. Look alive, people!"

Cupping her hands, energy poured out from them to surround Touma, Chise, Kieran, Meira, and Will Nines in order to protect them from her own attacks.

"Let's just toss the the punchy guy at it," Meira quipped, looking at Touma.

"That is not very nice, Meira!" Kieran exclaimed. "Although..."

@Outway

"Just do something!" Bullet exclaimed, letting Wyatt at Holder. She winced as gunfire went on around her. Ludger, Lalonde, and Kyle were firing on the scorpion while Blue and Majima kept it occupied. Elize supported them with magic while Mikoto rained down on the beast with lightning. With so many targets, the scorpion did not know where to turn.

nClmPsn.jpg

"This damn thing!" Mikoto said through gritted teeth. "It can't take much more, I'm sure of it!"

@School

Xemnas let out a laugh that sounded like a low rumble. "Maybe somebody will indeed, Mickey!" The man watched as Mickey and Riesbyfe's attacks caused the large dusk to shoot down from the sky like a rocket and crash down into a building. The ground shook, as the impact was forceful enough to create a crater in the ground. Thankfully, the building and the surrounding ones had already been evacuated.

As the dust from the impact settled, it seemed the large dusk had disappeared, having been defeated.

"It is almost time," Xemnas said.

@Hospital

Ansem laughed. He disappeared into smoke as Clare cut through him. His laughter faded on the dark winds, drowned out by the rampaging battle.

It seemed that Ansem had completely disappeared. Not even Frank could sense him.

As Muzét's attack built, the dragon let out an intense, deafening roar that seemed to shake the planet of Ash itself. His roar was malice and anger all rolled into one, but there was a hint of something more. It was the undeniable hint of sadness. A sad, horrid roar for Mikleo and all who had been lost amidst the senseless fighting. The final note in a symphony that heralded the long, sad tale of Ash. This might not have been the final battle, but it was certainly a final battle.

jyx7ND9.jpg

"Mikleo!" Sorey cried out. He seemed to ignore Lailah at first, but he regarded her after a moment. "Lailah, how could I... How could i let this happen?!"

Rose and Julius had managed to get Sorey out of danger a moment before, but dragon only posed a bigger threat the longer it rampaged. Muzét's ball of fire collided with the beast as blue fire poured from its mouth. The twin bouts of fire collided and exploded in the air, lighting up Ash's sky. Sorey could feel the intense heat from where even he knelt, but still he did not budge.

Tendrils of fire burst from the sky and began to rain down on the battlefield, threatening more friendly folk than enemy. Gaius and Jon commanded their soldiers to get back, but it seemed too late for many. At least until a bright streak came flying down and through the fire, dissipating it completely.

gMPVymz.gif

Carol Danvers flew through the air, firing off bursts of energy to snipe countless numbers of the ground enemies. She then began to circle the dragon, energy flying up around her and forming a wall to keep the dragon contained.

Flying down next the group closest to the dragon, Carol said, "it won't hold for long. Look alive, people!"

Cupping her hands, energy poured out from them to surround Touma, Chise, Kieran, Meira, and Will Nines in order to protect them from her own attacks.

@Outway

"Just do something!" Bullet exclaimed, letting Wyatt at Holder. She winced as gunfire went on around her. Ludger, Lalonde, and Kyle were firing on the scorpion while Blue and Majima kept it occupied. Elize supported them with magic while Mikoto rained down on the beast with lightning. With so many targets, the scorpion did not know where to turn.

nClmPsn.jpg

"This damn thing!" Mikoto said through gritted teeth. "It can't take much more, I'm sure of it!"

@School

Xemnas let out a laugh that sounded like a low rumble. "Maybe somebody will indeed, Mickey!" The man watched as Mickey and Riesbyfe's attacks caused the large dusk to shoot down from the sky like a rocket and crash down into a building. The ground shook, as the impact was forceful enough to create a crater in the ground. Thankfully, the building and the surrounding ones had already been evacuated.

As the dust from the impact settled, it seemed the large dusk had disappeared, having been defeated.

@Hospital

Tears was welling up in Lailah's eyes as well as she took Sorey into a tight hug. "This wasn't your fault! Don't even think that for one moment, Sorey!" She looked up at the rampaging dragon that had once been their friend. "We can't lose you here too! You got to get up, Sorey!"

Meanwhile, the Cosmic Ghost Rider looked very annoyed as she charged through the skies looking for that white-haired pretty boy ignoring the carnage going on bellow. "Only babies run and hide!" He cried into the air. "Come out, come out so I can hogtie you and toss you into the sun!"

Lindel shifted where he stood, winds picking up to push against Pyke to slow him down in his charge against Clark. Sharp and whistling, a force that wasn't as strong as before, but would still attempt to push the man back regardless.
Rather than getting flown backward yet again, the dead man's boots dug into the ground as he desperately resisted the force, grunting as he did so. When the gust finished, he continued approaching, but now his shamble was now no faster than a walk. He laughed emptily.

"I'll sink ya to the depths of the swimming city!--" he yelled as neared Clark.​
As if on cue, FF began to sniff. She could smell it. She could smell the stench that overwhelmed her senses from Piper's Landing.

It came from the fishing guy who she didn't bother to fight.

Soon enough, however, Pyke would feel a sharp pain in his back, and another, and another.

Some of the troops that Jon Snow had brought, and some of the Huns, have all ganged up and stabbed Pyke in the back.

But that wasn't the truth. Foo Fighters was in full gear. She had invaded the dead bodies of the troops that died in combat and used her stand to make them stab Pyke in the back.

Atroe's body walked in front of Pyke, acting as a barrier between Pyke and Clark.

"I got him!" FF excitedly shouted through Atroe's mouth, "I hope you can take it from here! Don't mind them, they're already dead,"
Then several blades pierced his back. He saw the glinting steel at the bottom of his vision, impaling his chest. "How--?" He fell to his hands and knees, coughing up the equivalent of blood. He crawled forward and abruptly stood up with the balance of a drunkard, but it was enough to see the faces of those he had been stabbed by.

It was the faces of the Revanchist soldiers, the men he had called his crew just a little while ago, that betrayed him.
Then it all came flooding back. The events of Dead or Lie. He was trapped in a prison, desperately wanting to kill the so-called 'Overseer.' But then, somehow, he started working for them. It didn't make sense. He felt sick as he remembered doing horrible things to innocent people at the command of some heavy-set captain.

While the voices of the Revanchist miasma no longer plagued his mind, different voices replaced it. Old, nostalgic voices screamed in his head, desperately desiring blood and guts from those who had betrayed him. No, he wanted their blood and guts.

HvOvinu.jpg

"You lied to me! All of you!" With blurry vision, he saw Shan Yu in the distance. The captain should always die first.

Pyke shambled forward. "Drown..."

i7apLbD.jpg

"...Fancy... captain..." he choked, before his lifeless body fell to the ground.

Relatively lifeless, that is. He just needs some water.​

FF looked as Pyke‘s body tumbled to the ground.

A giddy expression crossed her face.

View attachment 5801

“I don’t need these extra bodies now,”

As soon as she said that, a Revanchist soldier seemed to melt into a strange black goo.

View attachment 5800

Then another, then another, until all of them were nothing.

“That was all me! Told you not to worry about them. I’m literally plankton, after all!”

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ottonomous Ghost @Crunch @Lucky @Takumi

jyx7ND9.jpg

gMPVymz.gif

@Outway

nClmPsn.jpg

@School

@Hospital

"I could do it." Chise spoke, glancing to Touma briefly, as her left arm grew bulkier and more draconic.

c7e90c2a4a70c0970fb8a25689a2bd462edb144e.jpg

"I'm sorry!" She called out to both Touma and the Dragon as she grabbed the young man and attempted to throw him at Mikleo, her arm throbbed at the thought of what was to come out of it if it was in any way successful. Afterwards she charged at the dragon and moved to punch it's front leg with as much force as possible from her cursed arm to try and distract him from Touma. She wasn't scared of getting burned, she was surprisingly calm for the most part, plus they were protected well enough thanks to the woman who came to their aid.

She wondered if her cursed arm and Touma's Illusion Breaker would hurt the dragon horribly before he was put out of his misery? The thought made her chest tight and her eyes burn with tears, but she couldn't think of anyway to save a dragon not from her world. Blinking away the tears, she grit her teeth.

"I'm really sorry." She muttered, her fist going to hit the scaily hide without the same force as before, but got ready to try and catch Touma regardless of what happened next.

Pyke - Outway
@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Capri @Crunch @Lucky @Ottonomous Ghost @Takumi @Outway

Rather than getting flown backward yet again, the dead man's boots dug into the ground as he desperately resisted the force, grunting as he did so. When the gust finished, he continued approaching, but now his shamble was now no faster than a walk. He laughed emptily.

"I'll sink ya to the depths of the swimming city!--" he yelled as neared Clark.

Then several blades pierced his back. He saw the glinting steel at the bottom of his vision, impaling his chest. "How--?" He fell to his hands and knees, coughing up the equivalent of blood. He crawled forward and abruptly stood up with the balance of a drunkard, but it was enough to see the faces of those he had been stabbed by.

It was the faces of the Revanchist soldiers, the men he had called his crew just a little while ago, that betrayed him.
Then it all came flooding back. The events of Dead or Lie. He was trapped in a prison, desperately wanting to kill the so-called 'Overseer.' But then, somehow, he started working for them. It didn't make sense. He felt sick as he remembered doing horrible things to innocent people at the command of some heavy-set captain.

While the voices of the Revanchist miasma no longer plagued his mind, different voices replaced it. Old, nostalgic voices screamed in his head, desperately desiring blood and guts from those who had betrayed him. No, he wanted their blood and guts.

HvOvinu.jpg

"You lied to me! All of you!" With blurry vision, he saw Shan Yu in the distance. The captain should always die first.

Pyke shambled forward. "Drown..."

i7apLbD.jpg

"...Fancy... captain..." he choked, before his lifeless body fell to the ground.

Relatively lifeless, that is. He just needs some water.​

Lindel blinked in surprise. Was he dead? Well, if it meant one less enemy for them to fight, then...

He's seen a lot of things, but seeing the deceased turn to black goo was pretty gross. He decided to take the whole plankton thing in stride, he could question it later.

"Could you turn any of those other corpses on the rest of their forces still willing to fight?" He asked FF quietly from where he stood.

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Ver @Capri @Ottonomous Ghost @Yun Lee @Outway

Blue kept up her distract and chip away tactic,baring her fangs at the scorpion in challenge. Mikoto's words brightened her mood. It was good that this thing was almost dead!

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Capri @Lucky @School

“I can! Just hold on a second...”

Foo Fighters ran over to a bag and chugged 4 water bottles before disposing of them in a fire.

“Alright! I needed that, this is gonna be kind of wonky so, hold on!”

Soon, the dead all around the battlefield began to rise. To the uninformed, it seemed like the forces were betraying their masters, but that wasn’t the truth. Their old minds completely taken over. They were all Foo Fighters now.

She split herself into two groups.

The first and largest took after the dragon. The bodies with ranged weapons fired them at the dragon, while the bodies who used swords or their fists used her collective stand to fire plankton at the dragon.

The second took after Shan Yu. The bodies all looked like Shan Yu’s old men, but they turned their weapons on the Hun and attempted to stab him to death.

“That... took a lot out of me...”

She turned to face Lindel

“Is this fine?”

@Takumi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @Sark

Last edited:
“I can! Just hold on a second...”

Foo Fighters ran over to a bag and chugged 4 water bottles before disposing of them in a fire.

“Alright! I needed that, this is gonna be kind of wonky so, hold on!”

Soon, the dead all around the battlefield began to rise. To the uninformed, it seemed like the forces were betraying their masters, but that wasn’t the truth. Their old minds completely taken over. They were all Foo Fighters now.

She split herself into two groups.

The first and largest took after the dragon. The bodies with ranged weapons fired them at the dragon, while the bodies who used swords or their fists used her collective stand to fire plankton at the dragon.

The second took after Shan Yu. The bodies all looked like Shan Yu’s old men, but they turned their weapons on the Hun and attempted to stab him to death.

“That... took a lot out of me...”

She turned to face Lindel

“Is this fine?”

@Takumi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Ottonomois Ghost​

f96f2966bb67409e8fd7808b462f9f050915964f.jpg

"Yes, that is. Thank you." Lindel nodded, though sounded a bit distracted. Well, that was a neat little trick to have, but with so much going on with such a chaotic battlefield he was a bit out of it. Keeping his sword in hand, he glanced to his allies with a frown.

"If any of you are injured I can heal it, unless it's life threatening than you're out of luck. Luckily my dear friend Libra can patch up the more serious wounds." He hummed, keeping an eye out for anymore of the Ravenchist grunts in case they attempted to attack any of them.

@Yun Lee @Ver @Capri @Atomic Knight @Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @Sark @Everyone @Outway

The scorpion that had been plaguing the school finally fell under the might of Avalon's defenders. Asher let out a war cry of triumph, as did Arya in response. Little Elle followed suit, causing Ludger to laugh. Holder was stabilized for the moment and all of the enemies had been cleared away, giving everyone a sense that it was finally safe.

As Ms. Frizzle and Lalonde got the kids together to get them to a more safe location, Ludger contacted the Coalition to check on the status of the other locations.

"The hospital's clear," Jude said over the communicator. "That man in the sky, Xemnas or whatever, disappeared just now."

"I'm afraid we have another situation on our hands," Alvin's voice suddenly cut in.

Alvin and Rowen had traced a group of dusks to a warehouse during all the other fighting. They had been greeted with the harrowing sight of a third bomb that had been planted under everyone's noses and it was about to go off.

"Damn it!" Alvin yelled, quickly taking out the dusks with a couple of bullets and running over to the bomb. Rowen followed behind him, his look pensive. "Hell, this had to have been here for a while. It's about to go off!"

Rowen sighed. "Alvin, step back."

"What? We have to destroy it or something!"

"That will not work," Rowen replied. "When I was Mr. Curtiss' confidant, I learned about many of the weapons his group manufactured. This is one of them. Attempting to destroy it will only blow it up and it will level this section of the city."

"Then--!"

"There is no time to disarm it either. Unless..." Rowen moved quickly, pushing Alvin aside. "Excuse me." Alvin took a step back, but as he did, Rowen turned around and waved his hand in the air, causing a burst of magical energy to throw Alvin backward.

ZrsIySX.png

"What the hell?!" As Alvin got up, Rowen erected a magical barrier so that Alvin could not get close. "Rowen! No!"

Alvin watched as Rowen calmly put his hands out and built up magical energy.

J9sknSd.gif

"The blast will be powerful," he said. "The barrier holding you back will not be enough. However, if I pour my very being into it, then perhaps..."

Alvin banged on the barrier, yelling for his friend to stop, but deep down he knew there was no stopping him. Rowen was the kind of man who give his life if it could save even one other.

Alvin shuddered, watching as light shimmered off Rowen's body.

Rowen's body went limp and he collapsed to the ground. Alvin let out one last yell before--

"Rowen is gone," Alvin announced, having explained the situation with the third bomb. Jude let out a strangled gasp, trying to hold back his emotions. "But the blast was contained. No one in Electric Town was hurt."

There was a long stretch of silence.

@CityofAvalon

As the dragon raged on, devouring whoever got in its way without any mercy or hesitation, it almost seemed like nothing could stop it, not even Muzét, at least by herself, despite Carol's assistance. Any trace of the gentle and valiant seraph that was once Mikleo was undoubtedly gone without a single trace. Even Edna, usually so calm and composed, could only stare helplessly, her eyes laden with shock as someone she had known for what felt like a long time was driven to the deepest depths of despair like this...

With a flap of its mighty wing, the malevolent dragon easily swiped Muzét and Carol aside as though they were little more than mere flies.

"Kyaaah!" The Great Spirit gasped in surprise and pain as her form slammed into the ground, hard enough to make a crater, stunning her for a good few moments.

Meanwhile, the barrier that Carol had put up earlier suddenly de-materialized, leaving those once affected -- Chise, Will, Kieran, Meira, and Touma -- vulnerable once again to the dragon's gaze, the beast still hungry...

T7x7ASK.png

"Oh, crap... Get back!!" Touma yelled, gesturing the others around to escape, for all the good it'd do for them. The boy himself, however, stood his ground, his eyes wavering between fearful and resolved, bouncing from one extreme to the next. His legs trembled, but he had faced worse before. He could do this. He could do this.

As Meira facetiously suggested to throw him at the dragon, the boy was ready to lash out comedically, before stopping himself as though a light-bulb had just appeared over his head. It was a risky plan, but it was the best thing he could do.

Making a fist in one hand, he hit it against his other open palm, turning toward the others. "That's it! Maybe if I can bait the dragon into a--aaAAAAAAAUUUGH?!" He could only say, before suddenly finding himself being flung into the air by Chise before he could even detail his plan to completion. As the dragon fixated its gaze in the group, with Touma right in the middle, it swiftly opened its mouth, as though ready to catch the boy inside, and...

CHOMP!

With a shocked gasp, Muzét could only watch as the dragon mercilessly enveloped Touma in its massive mouth, the boy disappearing from view as he was eaten up by the mighty beast, unable to intervene as she was still stunned from the dragon's earlier attack. And like he was nothing more than just another piece to bite into, the dragon began to take off again, flapping its wings again and beginning to generate powerful winds. It let out a massive exhale of blue flames that whipped through the air menacingly. The dark winds mixed with the flames, creating a powerful, destructive wave of energy that threatened to envelop the entire battlefield.

Screams and cries echoed out. Carol got to her feet and stared at the energy in awe. “I… I don’t think even I could stop that,” she said grimly. Beside her, Sorey groaned. He wiped his tears and got his feet.

“It’s over for us all,” he said. “I’m so sorry, Mikleo.”

“N-No, Sorey!” Lailah exclaimed. She squeezed her hands together and closed her eyes. “That energy, you can purify it. You can save everyone!”

Sorey shivered. “I-I don’t…”

Carol turned and placed a hand on the boy’s shoulder. “I know how hard this must be,” she said, staring into his eyes. “We’ve all lost so much. But it all… all the sacrifices have to be worth it. If it all ends here, how can that be? Everyone, even your friend, have given so much so that we can still fight. Try, kid. I will help you in any way I can.”

Sorey nodded, ceasing his shivering. The wave of energy would hit in just a couple seconds. “Lailah!” Sorey yelled, the pair becoming one. A giant sword appeared in Sorey’s hands and he swung it through the air, creating a wave of purifying fire that met the dragon’s own energy.

XYhLEAu.gif

The two energies then collided, creating an explosion of light that hung in the air as the two energies pushed against each other.

Some soldiers stopped running and looked up in awe. Carol held on to Sorey, helping him brace himself. Julius, Rose and Dezel joined them, crowding Sorey and holding on to him.

But it was all too much strain. Sorey grunted and fell to one knee. “I think… it really is too much! I’m so sorry, everyone!” Sorey was pushed further and further down. He was losing his grip.

“I got another crazy idea,” Meira said, watching Sorey and the others. She held up her sword.

70ufCEN.jpg

“I have the ability to draw energy into this bad boy. I’ll contain it in here--" She waved her sword in the air. "--and move it away from everyone else.”

“All of that?” Ike asked. “There is no way you could possibly--”

“Duh,” Meira said, shrugging her shoulders. “I'll probably die. Of course I know that. It doesn’t matter. I like what the hot superpowered lesbian was saying. You know, about sacrifices?”

If Carol had not been holding on to Sorey for dear life, she would have laughed darkly.

“I… think I’ve had a good run.”

“You will not face this alone!” Kieran yelled, riding up to Meira with his horse. “Climb on, you’ll get farther on horseback.” Meira nodded and jumped on to sit behind the knight. Keiran and Ike exchanged glances. “If you see the leaders of the Coalition… tell them I’m sorry, Commander Ike.”

“Are you sure about this?” Ike asked.

6PlhscC.png

“No,” Kieran responded. “But there is more time to think.”

"Out of everyone, I'm glad to be doing this with you, big guy."

With that, the horse started galloping away.

“Sayonara!” Meira yelled, holding up her sword. It stabbed into the energy hovering just above the ground and began to absorb it. A few lingering shadows attempted to stop the horse, but Ike slashed the air with his sword and sent energy waves to take out the threats.

hTlLS7d.png

“Goodbye,” he said.

As Kieran and Meira galloped away from the fighters and into the dark fog of Ash, they took the dragon’s energy with them. It faded from the sky and all could be seen of the galloping pair was a sword, glowing on the horizon.

It then exploded, creating a giant ball of fire and energy. It shook the very ground, but was far enough away so no one was impacted. Sorey finally collapsed, separating from Lailah.

Carol looked up at the great dragon, realizing that such an attack had really been nothing for it. It could fire again and there would be no stopping the second round. The dragon flapped its wings and started to fly over the battlefield, until...

"SKREEEEEE!"

The dragon suddenly contorted in pain, shrieking loudly as though it were audibly in anguished pain as its wings suddenly stopped, unable to take off. It clumsily bumbled about, until suddenly... something disturbing happened. With a sickening SHHHLCK sound, something burst out of the dragon's body in a bloody display. Another dragon. The head of another dragon burst out from "Mikleo's" chest, like an alien, some foreign organism that was not supposed to be inside.

And then, with another SHHHLCK, a second dragon head burst out from the hole. The dragon that was once Mikleo roared in anguish, and without mercy, the two dragons inside it slithered out of the hole, bodies like ginormous snakes enveloping themselves around Mikleo's entire body, squeezing tightly, before...

M181Thy.png

SHHRK! RIIIP!

In a violent display, the other dragons began ripping apart Mikleo with its teeth, biting out chunk after chunk as the creature was helplessly unable to do anything about it. With another loud, anguished scream that rocked the battlefield, Mikleo could only fall to the ground from there, quickly snuffed out by wherever the two snake-like dragons had come from.

Perhaps one could say the sad irony was that this was the best possible fate for him. After all, there was no going back when a seraph turned into a dragon.

xre6xQs.png

As Mikleo's draconic form lay on the ground, dead, the two dragon heads eventually de-materialized into thin air before long, and where the hole in Mikleo's chest was, Touma's body was suddenly present, lying on the ground right in front of him, his body miraculously no worse for wear as the spiky-haired boy struggled to get back up to his feet.

By that point, Muzét had finally managed to regain enough of her senses, braving to float over and help Touma up. "There, there... I don't know how you're still alive, but whatever happened there, it certainly worked out alright," she said somewhat morbidly, but couldn't admit some part of her was relieved that it was all over now.

"Ngh... I-It's just as well. I was just gonna run over to that dragon anyway, but I guess that worked too," the boy managed to utter out as Muzét hovered him over back to Chise and the others, his words prompting a surprised blink from the Great Spirit.

"You were going to run up to it anyway, even if that girl didn't think to throw you? You humans never cease to amaze," Muzét chuckled lightly with a fond look on her face. He reminds me a bit of you, Jude. Wherever you are... I hope you're alright.

Looking to Chise, Touma let out a worn breath. "You remembered, didn't you? When someone tries to destroy my arm, the dragons come out. Like what happened when DIO tried to kill me back then," he said, recounting the Othinus Incident with the girl.

"I don't think she did remember, dear."

Touma looked to Muzét for a moment, then back to Chise again, a look of disbelief on his face.

What remained of Mikleo began to fade away, becoming one with the dark skies of Ash. Sorey, half-unconscious, got on one knee and looked up to watch Mikleo’s energy dissipate. His vision blurred and he could have sworn he saw something form in front of him. It looked just like Mikleo.

RUUSwHO.jpg

“...”

The figure spoke wordlessly. Whether it was absolving Sorey of his guilt or wishing him goodbye, Sorey could not tell. Of course, whether or not the figure was real seemed suspect, as no one else saw anything.

“See you… later…” Sorey whispered, collapsing into Carol’s arms. He dreamed only of the boy who had been his soul mate.

As for the rest of the battlefield. the enemies were largely gone. Even Shan Yu had perished to Guy amidst the fighting with the dragon, leaving the Huns to scatter into the fog. It seemed the battle had been won.

“It’s too late,” Gaius said. He spoke into his communicator. “We’ve won, but Ash is too far gone. We need to start evacuating.”

“Got it,” Paladin Danse responded.

The battle-weary soldiers moved quickly, clearing out from the battlefield. Gaius, Danse, and Jon coordinated to get everyone on transporters. There was unfortunately not enough time to move the dead. They too would be lost.

Amidst the evacuation, the planet seemed to roar. The winds only got worse and electric storms were picking up on the horizon. The citizens of Charon were being evacuated as well, most temporarily to the UN for the moment. Makoto eventually came over the communicators, asking the fighters to come to Avalon for clean-up.

Ash may had been lost, but thanks to the efforts of the fighters, every citizen of Charon was saved. As the Coalition left Ash, they ceased all transportation to the planet, to make sure the lingering malevolence would not slip through any portals.

Within the hour, Ash ceased to exist.

@Outway

While everyone in Avalon was still reeling from their narrow victories, Makoto came the communicators. "We... are moving the refugees from Ash at the moment." There was the sound of shuffling papers on his end. "We can't send the people to Avalon in its current state, so the UN will be assisting in-- Huh?"

Makoto paused, for he and everyone else in Avalon could see that the wall of dark energy surrounding the Grand Hotel was finally dissipating. The gardens surrounding the hotel were ravaged and the building itself looked haggard. There was a buzz of voices picking up on Makoto's end and he started to speak quickly.

"Hurry, all Coalition members, go inside now! Find Jade Curtiss! We'll be sending some of the Ash fighters there immediately!"

The various fighters around Avalon who were still in fighting shape made their way into the hotel. Those that had been fighting Ansem on Ash were transported in to join them, making quite a considerable force to storm the building. The various groups tackled different entrances, but it was the group heading into the lobby, consisting of Alvin, Milla, Byakuya, Cullen Bloodstone, Riesbyfe, Little My, Rose Lalonde, and the Brave Vesperia crew, that immediately found Jade Curtiss.

The man was in front of a dark portal and out of it, dark energy was pouring.

Milla spoke up. "I sense... the Great Spirit, Shadow!"

Jade sighed, taking off his glasses to wipe them on his sleeve.

seULCvQ.png

"Shadow was housing himself deep within the Dark Place. The only way to pull him out... well, we had to flush a heavy amount of malevolence out of that dimension. All of that energy built up on Ash poured into Avalon... and out has fallen Shadow."

"Do you know how dangerous that was?!" Milla exclaimed. "You could have destroyed everything!"

"Could have even pulled out Mother," Byakuya said bitterly.

"Enough," Alvin said, taking aim and firing on Jade, but the bullet bounced off some kind of invisible barrier. It flashed in front of Jade upon withstanding the impact. "Bastard."

Jade shook his head. "As a wise man once said... it is time."

Jade turned toward the dark form in the portal, a lance forming into his hand. The members of Brave Vesperia moved quickly to attack the man, but their weapons banged uselessly against the invisible wall. Karol cried out as he hammered on the barrier over and over.

"We have to stop him!" Karol exclaimed. "For Rita's sake!"

Jade sunk his lance into the portal to skewer the dark figure, but he was met with resistance. The man grunted, pushing through the energy ever-so-slowly.

Out of the dark portal appeared a new being, the hunter known as Bloodstone, who evidently had been working with the Revanchist. He passed through the barrier to face the group.

NyKHO7r.png

"Back for more?" he asked.

A voice among the group grunted. "Bloody hell."

8du9F1u.png

"It's a damn alternate me," Cullen said. "And an evil one at that. Well, more evil I guess. I'm hardly a saint." He turned to Riesbyfe. "He looks awful, doesn't he? Guess that's what being evil does to someone. Mind helping me kill him?"

"Ah... a naive version of me,"
said the hunter. "I see. Good for you, mate!" The man laughed, his parasite growing in size, but Cullen's grew in turn, lashing out to grapple him.

"You think you can beat me? I am you!" Cullen held the man in place, matching his power. "All yours, girlie."

The hunter was an easy kill for Riesbyfe at that point.

Once Bloodstone was gone, the group could see that Jade was close to breaking through. Too close. "Tch." Cullen let out a frustrated noise. "Bloody barrier."

"Do not worry," said Rose Lalonde, and an explosion of magic occurred at the barrier. Jade turned to see magic being pulled from the barrier and into Rose's wand. Her skin began to turn dark.

0xHEg3I.jpg

"Hardly my first brush with the metaphysical."

"Absorbing the energy?" Jade asked. Rose only smiled, before bursting forward with magical energy ad passing through the barrier like it wasn't there. The others still could not pass however.

Rose jumped high in the air, her sewing needles clutched in both her hands. She was about to stab down on him when something large grabbed her.

A dark beast had taken hold of her. It was evidently Ansem's pet, for the man appeared next to the girl and the beast, floating in the air.

HtJOm0l.png

"Yes, crush her!" he yelled. All the others could only watch.

"Perhaps she weakened the barrier!" Alvin yelled and fired on it. It cracked As everyone began to attack it, it still seemed too late. The life was leaving Rose.

A figure jumped through the air, leg forward in a downward kick, smashing through the barrier upon impact. It was Mom Lalonde, who collided with the dark beast and freed Rose from its clutches. The girl fell to the ground and groaned.

Mom then turned to attack Ansem, but Jade had turned quickly to stick his spear through her. Someone screamed. Alvin cried out and fired on Jade, but Ansem's beast got in the way and took the shot. as Jade pulled his spear out, the woman coughed up blood and collapsed.

Weakly, Mom reached out for Rose, who was only just coming to her senses. As Rose's eyes went wide, Mom shook her head. "A mother will do whatever is best for her children," she said quietly.

T0eaGyX.png

As the mother died, she thought of only her life with Rose. It was okay. She had died once already. At least this time, she finally did something good for her daughter.

The hotel lobby shook as Rose Lalonde let out a feral scream. Dark energies poured off her as she raised a wand and brought it down in the air. Ansem collapsed to the ground, looking honestly surprised by the girl's power.

"Die!" Rose screamed, continuing to put on the pressure. Ansem could not get up, so he only shook his head. Then, he and his beast disappeared, leaving only Jade. The man knew he was vulnerable. He watched Rose as she fired a beam of magic that went right through his arm. He was spurting blood now and Rose went for the kill.

"Stop!" Alvin cried, getting behind Rose and pinning her arms. "We have to take him alive!"

"No!" Rose screamed. "No!"

She was about to throw him off. Milla and the others worked quickly to surround Jade so that he could not escape. "You're outnumbered," Milla said.

Rose's screams turned to sobs. She collapsed into Alvin's arms, the dark energies finally leaving her. She stared at the corpse of her mother and could only cry.

JfP3EOL.png

nKjKitr.png

Chapter Seven
"Three-Dimensionality"

The war for Avalon was over and Ash had been consumed completely by malevolence, leaving no trace of the former planet. Shadow was secured safely in Knowhere while Jade Curtiss was behind bars. Thousands of people had been evacuated out of Ash and had to be held by both the United Nations and the United Federation of Planets. Men and women worked tirelessly to heal the wounded, but just about everyone was overloaded.

There had been battle after battle. Was an end finally in sight?

The air in the Coalition meeting room was tense and taught. Everyone in attendance was exhausted. Leia tapped idly on the table she was sat at, pouring over a device in front of her. Her tapping was the only sound heard for a moment as everyone gathered their thoughts.

"Looks like the people of Avalon don't blame us for the fighting," Leia said, finally breaking the silence. She had been looking over the network to see what the Avalon citizens were saying online. Thanks to the UN's help, Leia was able to take a break from medicine and focus on her other work. "I'm so relieved civilian casualties were..." Leia winced. "... not as bad as they could be."

Someone sighed heavily. Eventually, Makoto said, "Milla, are you sure you have no means of finding out where Celsius and Chronos are?"

Milla gave Makoto a weary turn of her head and nodded. "As I said, they could be anywhere. I can only sense that they are still alive."

"Then what do we do?" Leia asked nervously. She looked first at Makoto, then Kyoko. An uncomfortable silence filled the room.

"I think I may have an idea," spoke a male voice. He entered the room slowly, hands folded neatly behind his back and looking dejected.

kgbg2SI.png

"It really is quite simple," Xehanort said, looking around the room.

"Hold on!" barked Paladin Danse, his voice erupting from a monitor feed to Avalon. "Tell me, Xehanort, what are these rumors that you had something to do with the attacks on Avalon and Ash?!"

"Oh." Xehanort's demeanor changed and he let out a small chuckle. "Yes, I read the reports, it is quite clear that certain beings associated with me are in league with the Revanchist. However, I can assure you I have nothing to do with them. Don't you know, many versions of all of us exist in the multiverse, both good and bad, eh?"

Makoto nodded. He knew better than anyone. Danse still wasn't convinced however and began to voice that, but Makoto quickly jumped in to interrupt him.

"That doesn't matter right now," Makoto said. "What was your idea?"

Xehanort nodded. "Right. Wherever the missing Great Spirits may be, we are deadlocked at the moment. Not including lady Milla, three of them reside with us and two possibly reside with them. In that case, we have the upper hand. We must be the ones to make the first move. A decisive strike at the heart of the Revanchist!"

"Umm, but none of us know where they are," Leia said. "Revan's totally gone off the map!"

"Heh." Xehanort smiled. "But we have two of their agents locked away, don't we? Get them to talk and we can make moves to end this once and for all."

1588114347657.png

"It's our only lead," Kyoko nodded in concurrence with Xehanort. If there was anything begrudging about her agreement, she hid it well, but all the same, this situation was one she was used to. A detective who had to grasp at straws for anything resembling a lead.

Looking to others, the young woman went on. "And more than that, maybe Othinus can confirm whatever they say, given her insight when she was with them. It's the most logical course of action," she said, mostly to Makoto and Leia as they still looked skeptical.

Makoto sighed, but didn't argue.

It was decided that Xehanort and Kyosuke would try to get the prisoners to talk, while Leia contacted the United Federation to see if they could assist in the coming attack. Once the others were gone, Makoto quickly pulled Kyoko aside and spoke to her quietly.

JL8WyY7.png

"If Xehanort's pushing us to attack, Revan must have a trap waiting for us."

Kyoko gave Makoto a steady look to match his steely gaze, on the same wavelength with him as she gave him a courteous nod. "I know. I understand your apprehension, Naegi-kun, but it's all we have to go on right now. With Revan out in the wind, all we can do is spring his trap and see where it leads us," she said, before taking his hand in her own, looking at him intently. "As you used to say, we'll have to hope for the best."

It was a risky gambit to be sure, but Kyoko had faith in the teams they had on hand. It was all a powerless person like her could do.

"Then, hrm..." Makoto looked away for a moment. When he turned back to meet Kyoko's gaze, he looked undoubtedly determined. "I'm tired of sending people to their deaths. Whatever team we can manage for this assault, I want to go with them."

Kyoko nodded. It was clear she had a feeling he would say something to that affect. "Very well then, I guess I'll just have to keep an eye on you, won't I?"

Those chosen for the final assault on Revan were gathered into the transportation room. The selection was slim, all things considered. After the battles on Avalon and Ash, the amount of fighters in healthy condition were far fewer than when the war began.

Xehanort and Kyosuke arrived, having successfully got the info they wanted. "Jade knew the other prisoner we had, the shape-shifting one, would talk quickly," Kyosuke said, moving over to a computer console. "He told us the location of Revan's base."

"However, it is a space structure and it has wards against transporting directly inside," Xehanort added.

"The United Federation told Leia they had two ships ready for combat. They will warp to the outside of the space station, then we will transport you all into one of the ships. They will then escort you inside."

It all sounded so simple, but everyone knew it would not be so easy.

Ludger hugged Elle and told her to stay out of trouble. The girl had refused to leave his side ever since he saved her in Avalon. "The Coalition will keep you safe," he said.

"And I'll keep him safe," Julius said, giving his brother a sly smile. Ludger let out a playful sigh. For all his efforts to keep Julius out of harm's way, his brother had finally gotten his way in an effort to protect his brother.

"Maybe I should come with you guys..." Leia was saying, a finger tapping her chin. Alvin sighed in response and Jude took his friend by the arm.

"You're needed here," Jude said. Milla stepped up to them and nodded.

"The Coalition needs you," she added. "Especially with Makoto and Kyoko joining us."

Leia smiled sadly. She knew they were right. She was just so afraid, now that they had lost Rowen. "I'll be here for you guys too," she said.

Byakuya, joining as a member of ODMA, nodded to Kyoko as he took his place among the group. Makoto, from behind Byakuya, met Kyoko's gaze and he smiled.

"We're gonna end this with our own power," Makoto told everyone. "Everything we've faced up until now has prepared us for this. Search deep within yourself for whatever hope remains and bring it forth!"

Kyosuke nodded. He pressed down on a button on the console and everyone was transported.

Everyone appeared on the bridge of the Enterprise. It was led by Captain Kirk.

1588115229433.png

"Systems nominal. All good to go when we're all ready," the (mostly) diligent captain said idly as he looked over the terminals of his crewmates working the helm. Though he figured he hid it well, Kirk was just as uneasy as anyone else there.

His universe tended to prefer to keep to their own devices and letting the rest of the multiverse run its natural course, but there was nothing natural about this situation. But with their course charted, he could only hope as much as the next person that they could all put an end to Revan's schemes once and for all.

Holograms opened up, showing the bridge of the other ship, the Normandy, led by Commander Shepard.

LjzHDEI.png

"It's been quiet," Shepard said. "Once we warped in, we expected something to immediately happen, but..."

The Enterprise's view opened so that everyone could see Revan's base, the Star Forge, sitting idly in space.

E9KjD58.jpg

As the ships began their slow approach, enemy ships began warping in, appearing next to the Star Forge.

"So this is where they all went," Shepard said.

vAygoKE.jpg

Dozens upon dozens of Reapers were appearing, ready to protect the Star Forge from the two ships. "Damn it!" barked Shepard. "Enterprise, you gotta move! We'll cover you!"

1588115828147.png

"Oh, that's a lot of them," Kirk could only breathe, but quickly gathered his bearings, shaking himself back into the game, steeling his resolve and looking to his crew at the helm. "Alright, let's try to maneuver past 'em and head for the Star Forge! They might look scary... because they are, but they're just here to slow us down!"

Turning to the group, he gave a nod. "Better hang on to something! It's gonna be a bumpy ride!"

"Did you guys forego seat belts in the future?!" Touma exclaimed incredulously, while Riesbyfe only braced herself silently. Jude was already feeling unwell.

wQXDEtb.png

"I think I'm gonna be sick...!"

CHARACTER LIST

@Crow as Ben Tennyson [Ben 10] and Cagliostro [Granblue Fantasy]
@Takumi as Chise Hatori [The Ancient Magus Bride] and Shigure [Fire Emblem]
@Minerva as Corrin [Fire Emblem] and Yennefer [The Witcher]
@Crunch as Deoxys [Pokemon] and Titus [Warhammer]
@Jeremi as Frank Castle AKA "The Rider" [Marvel] and Bayonetta [Bayonetta]
@Capri as Little My [Moomin] and Foo Fighters [Jojo's Bizarre Adventure]
@Sark as Yoda [Star Wars] and Guy Gardener [DC]
@York as Reiner Braun [Attack on Titan] and Schala Zeal [Chrono Trigger]
@Gummi Bunnies as Rinato "Rin" Dormi AKA "Lapis Lazuli" [Original Character] and Goro Majima [Yakuza]
@Yun Lee as Severa [Fire Emblem] and Libra [Fire Emblem]
@Kaykay as Shirou Yusa [Dies Irae] and Ren Fujii [Dies Irae]
@Ver as Touma Kamijou [A Certain Magical Index] and Riesbyfe Stridberg [Type-Moon]
@Lucky as Wade Wilson AKA Deadpool [Marvel] and Billy Batson AKA Shazam [DC]
@Ottonomous Ghost as Wolf AKA Sekiro [Sekiro] and Blitzcrank [League of Legends]​

Last edited:
LITTLE MY
@Ver @EveryoneElse

View attachment 5858
“This place’s kinda weird... all this future ‘technology’ stuff... it’s kinda givin’ me a headache,”

Little My was... well... with Riesbyfe in the room where else would she be? However... someone would see that everything about how she was on the knight’s shoulder was... off.

One might assume that she was just bracing for a bumpy ride, like Kirk suggested, but in truth she wanted to stay as close to Ries as possible.

Their time together was... short... but Little My grew to actually care about the magical shield wielder, and after seeing what happened to Hope & Mom, she was scared that would happen to Ries.

It didn’t show, but Little My was worried that she would have to go home and never be able to see Riesbyfe again.

“Hey... I know that this is a weird time to ask this, but what do you want to do once all of this is over?”

FOO FIGHTERS
@Atomic Knight @EveryoneElse

“Let’s do this!”
Foo Fighters vocalized, as she braced herself for the ride.

Last edited:
Wade Wilson/Deadpool and Billy Batson/ Shazam

Wade just shrugged when he was told to hold on to something. " I personally find it more fun to bounce around," he replied, excited to see how much fun it would be to be on a bumpy space craft ride.

"
You know, I'm starting to see why you are my foster brother's favorite superhero. You're just as much of a gremlin as he is," he replied, holding onto the nearest object.

"
Oh, gremlin. Your brother sounds like a fun one."

@Atomic Knight @Everyone

nKjKitr.png

Chapter Seven
"Three-Dimensionality"

The war for Avalon was over and Ash had been consumed completely by malevolence, leaving no trace of the former planet. Shadow was secured safely in Knowhere while Jade Curtiss was behind bars. Thousands of people had been evacuated out of Ash and had to be held by both the United Nations and the United Federation of Planets. Men and women worked tirelessly to heal the wounded, but just about everyone was overloaded.

There had been battle after battle. Was an end finally in sight?

The air in the Coalition meeting room was tense and taught. Everyone in attendance was exhausted. Leia tapped idly on the table she was sat at, pouring over a device in front of her. Her tapping was the only sound heard for a moment as everyone gathered their thoughts.

"Looks like the people of Avalon don't blame us for the fighting," Leia said, finally breaking the silence. She had been looking over the network to see what the Avalon citizens were saying online. Thanks to the UN's help, Leia was able to take a break from medicine and focus on her other work. "I'm so relieved civilian casualties were..." Leia winced. "... not as bad as they could be."

Someone sighed heavily. Eventually, Makoto said, "Milla, are you sure you have no means of finding out where Celsius and Chronos are?"

Milla gave Makoto a weary turn of her head and nodded. "As I said, they could be anywhere. I can only sense that they are still alive."

"Then what do we do?" Leia asked nervously. She looked first at Makoto, then Kyoko. An uncomfortable silence filled the room.

"I think I may have an idea," spoke a male voice. He entered the room slowly, hands folded neatly behind his back and looking dejected.

kgbg2SI.png

"It really is quite simple," Xehanort said, looking around the room.

"Hold on!" barked Paladin Danse, his voice erupting from a monitor feed to Avalon. "Tell me, Xehanort, what are these rumors that you had something to do with the attacks on Avalon and Ash?!"

"Oh." Xehanort's demeanor changed and he let out a small chuckle. "Yes, I read the reports, it is quite clear that certain beings associated with me are in league with the Revanchist. However, I can assure you I have nothing to do with them. Don't you know, many versions of all of us exist in the multiverse, both good and bad, eh?"

Makoto nodded. He knew better than anyone. Danse still wasn't convinced however and began to voice that, but Makoto quickly jumped in to interrupt him.

"That doesn't matter right now," Makoto said. "What was your idea?"

Xehanort nodded. "Right. Wherever the missing Great Spirits may be, we are deadlocked at the moment. Not including lady Milla, three of them reside with us and two possibly reside with them. In that case, we have the upper hand. We must be the ones to make the first move. A decisive strike at the heart of the Revanchist!"

"Umm, but none of us know where they are," Leia said. "Revan's totally gone off the map!"

"Heh." Xehanort smiled. "But we have two of their agents locked away, don't we? Get them to talk and we can make moves to end this once and for all."

1588114347657.png

"It's our only lead," Kyoko nodded in concurrence with Xehanort. If there was anything begrudging about her agreement, she hid it well, but all the same, this situation was one she was used to. A detective who had to grasp at straws for anything resembling a lead.

Looking to others, the young woman went on. "And more than that, maybe Othinus can confirm whatever they say, given her insight when she was with them. It's the most logical course of action," she said, mostly to Makoto and Leia as they still looked skeptical.

Makoto sighed, but didn't argue.

It was decided that Xehanort and Kyosuke would try to get the prisoners to talk, while Leia contacted the United Federation to see if they could assist in the coming attack. Once the others were gone, Makoto quickly pulled Kyoko aside and spoke to her quietly.

JL8WyY7.png

"If Xehanort's pushing us to attack, Revan must have a trap waiting for us."

Kyoko gave Makoto a steady look to match his steely gaze, on the same wavelength with him as she gave him a courteous nod. "I know. I understand your apprehension, Naegi-kun, but it's all we have to go on right now. With Revan out in the wind, all we can do is spring his trap and see where it leads us," she said, before taking his hand in her own, looking at him intently. "As you used to say, we'll have to hope for the best."

It was a risky gambit to be sure, but Kyoko had faith in the teams they had on hand. It was all a powerless person like her could do.

"Then, hrm..." Makoto looked away for a moment. When he turned back to meet Kyoko's gaze, he looked undoubtedly determined. "I'm tired of sending people to their deaths. Whatever team we can manage for this assault, I want to go with them."

Kyoko nodded. It was clear she had a feeling he would say something to that affect. "Very well then, I guess I'll just have to keep an eye on you, won't I?"

Those chosen for the final assault on Revan were gathered into the transportation room. The selection was slim, all things considered. After the battles on Avalon and Ash, the amount of fighters in healthy condition were far fewer than when the war began.

Xehanort and Kyosuke arrived, having successfully got the info they wanted. "Jade knew the other prisoner we had, the shape-shifting one, would talk quickly," Kyosuke said, moving over to a computer console. "He told us the location of Revan's base."

"However, it is a space structure and it has wards against transporting directly inside," Xehanort added.

"The United Federation told Leia they had two ships ready for combat. They will warp to the outside of the space station, then we will transport you all into one of the ships. They will then escort you inside."

It all sounded so simple, but everyone knew it would not be so easy.

Ludger hugged Elle and told her to stay out of trouble. The girl had refused to leave his side ever since he saved her in Avalon. "The Coalition will keep you safe," he said.

"And I'll keep him safe," Julius said, giving his brother a sly smile. Ludger let out a playful sigh. For all his efforts to keep Julius out of harm's way, his brother had finally gotten his way in an effort to protect his brother.

"Maybe I should come with you guys..." Leia was saying, a finger tapping her chin. Alvin sighed in response and Jude took his friend by the arm.

"You're needed here," Jude said. Milla stepped up to them and nodded.

"The Coalition needs you," she added. "Especially with Makoto and Kyoko joining us."

Leia smiled sadly. She knew they were right. She was just so afraid, now that they had lost Rowen. "I'll be here for you guys too," she said.

Byakuya, joining as a member of ODMA, nodded to Kyoko as he took his place among the group. Makoto, from behind Byakuya, met Kyoko's gaze and he smiled.

"We're gonna end this with our own power," Makoto told everyone. "Everything we've faced up until now has prepared us for this. Search deep within yourself for whatever hope remains and bring it forth!"

Kyosuke nodded. He pressed down on a button on the console and everyone was transported.

Everyone appeared on the bridge of the Enterprise. It was led by Captain Kirk.

1588115229433.png

"Systems nominal. All good to go when we're all ready," the (mostly) diligent captain said idly as he looked over the terminals of his crewmates working the helm. Though he figured he hid it well, Kirk was just as uneasy as anyone else there.

His universe tended to prefer to keep to their own devices and letting the rest of the multiverse run its natural course, but there was nothing natural about this situation. But with their course charted, he could only hope as much as the next person that they could all put an end to Revan's schemes once and for all.

Holograms opened up, showing the bridge of the other ship, the Normandy, led by Commander Shepard.

LjzHDEI.png

"It's been quiet," Shepard said. "Once we warped in, we expected something to immediately happen, but..."

The Enterprise's view opened so that everyone could see Revan's base, the Star Forge, sitting idly in space.

E9KjD58.jpg

As the ships began their slow approach, enemy ships began warping in, appearing next to the Star Forge.

"So this is where they all went," Shepard said.

vAygoKE.jpg

Dozens upon dozens of Reapers were appearing, ready to protect the Star Forge from the two ships. "Damn it!" barked Shepard. "Enterprise, you gotta move! We'll cover you!"

1588115828147.png

"Oh, that's a lot of them," Kirk could only breathe, but quickly gathered his bearings, shaking himself back into the game, steeling his resolve and looking to his crew at the helm. "Alright, let's try to maneuver past 'em and head for the Star Forge! They might look scary... because they are, but they're just here to slow us down!"

Turning to the group, he gave a nod. "Better hang on to something! It's gonna be a bumpy ride!"

"Did you guys forego seat belts in the future?!" Touma exclaimed incredulously, while Riesbyfe only braced herself silently. Jude was already feeling unwell.

wQXDEtb.png

"I think I'm gonna be sick...!"

CHARACTER LIST

@Crow as Ben Tennyson [Ben 10] and Cagliostro [Granblue Fantasy]
@Takumi as Chise Hatori [The Ancient Magus Bride] and Shigure [Fire Emblem]
@Minerva as Corrin [Fire Emblem] and Yennefer [The Witcher]
@Crunch as Deoxys [Pokemon] and Titus [Warhammer]
@Jeremi as Frank Castle AKA "The Rider" [Marvel] and Bayonetta [Bayonetta]
@Capri as Little My [Moomin] and Foo Fighters [Jojo's Bizarre Adventure]
@Sark as Yoda [Star Wars] and Guy Gardener [DC]
@York as Reiner Braun [Attack on Titan] and Schala Zeal [Chrono Trigger]
@Gummi Bunnies as Rinato "Rin" Dormi AKA "Lapis Lazuli" [Original Character] and Goro Majima [Yakuza]
@Yun Lee as Severa [Fire Emblem] and Libra [Fire Emblem]
@Kaykay as Shirou Yusa [Dies Irae] and Ren Fujii [Dies Irae]
@Ver as Touma Kamijou [A Certain Magical Index] and Riesbyfe Stridberg [Type-Moon]
@Lucky as Wade Wilson AKA Deadpool [Marvel] and Billy Batson AKA Shazam [DC]
@Ottonomous Ghost as Wolf AKA Sekiro [Sekiro] and Blitzcrank [League of Legends]​

View attachment 5859

"Steel yourself, Kirk. I haven't come all the way back here just to watch you falter," a familiar, rumbling baritone voice came from behind Kirk.

Captain Titus stood next to the Enterprise's acting captain, dwarfing him by at least a few heads as he glanced back down at the familiar ally with a confident nod. The Space Marine was already grabbing hold of the nearest metallic bracing with his power fist, staring back out at the beckoning void. Through the thin viewport of the ship, he narrowed his eyes, watching enemy ships silently emerge from the blackness of space surrounding what he was told was Revan's base.

The war for Avalon and Ash made no difference in Titus' view. Conflicts apart of a greater war - one of them resulting in the loss of territory but the safe evacuation of civilians. The Ultramarines would not immediately consider a victory depending on the circumstance. But Titus does. The ex-captain had no reason to dwell on thoughts of past battles, however, for as his gaze left the viewport of the Enterprise, his purpose stared back at him.

Now, watching that steel hunk hang amid the backdrop of the empyrean stars, knowing full-well that it held the key to the future of Mankind. All the war and death seemed justified if only a little. This is the reason that Mankind continues to rage and writhe against fates wrongfully imposed upon them from beyond. No one can be absolved of their atrocities. But no one - of man or xenos - deserves to be shackled by fate.

Fighting was not enough, however. Even with his rank long tarnished by his own actions, the captain must inspire his brothers.

"... We will see this war to the end. No matter the cost, Revan will leave in shackles or never leave at all. It is as the boy, Makoto, said. Find the hope within yourselves and bring in forth in a storm of vengeance for the lost," the cerulean Astartes proclaimed to those around him, turning to face the combined warriors of a raging multiverse. "... It has been an honor to fight at the side of such a unified force. May the Emperor bring us the quarry we seek. Ave Imperator."

"Well said."

An unnatural, telepathic tone resonates from the back of the group. A quiet, seemingly solemn Deoxys drifts to the center of the amassed warriors, staring out at the incoming swarm of Reapers. Titus almost seemed to flinch at the alien's sudden appearance, though he managed to keep himself quiet.

This was what it all came down to; standing at the apex of evolutionary might not for the sake of might alone, but the will and desire to preserve life. Not of some organizational prerogative, or even to test the limits of that strength, but because it is the right thing to do. That is what it has always been about for Deoxys. Debts repaid to the lives it failed to preserve. The allies - no, the friends it was unable to meet.

View attachment 5861

"I am ready," Deoxys' tentacles twirled into the shape of hands, before balling into tight fists, "to see my purpose to the end."

"... And who might you be?"

"I am Deoxys."

"... Titus. Captain Titus. Once of the Ultramarines."

Deoxys turned its gaze over to the Astartes. An organism that seemed to human... though modified to the point of becoming something else entirely. It could sense the apprehension rising off of him. "You seem hesitant."

The captain blinked. The xenos was a cunning one, unlike anything he'd ever seen before. It spoke to him with arrogance and wisdom, rivaling the tales he heard of the Aeldari. "... No. I am not. Never again."

"We have a mutual purpose to see through. You would cooperate with an organism such as myself?"

Titus stared. His eyes drifted past the alien's head, towards the crew who had occupied the seats of the Enterprise' bridge. Those who were not all human. His gaze met the alien's again, and he nodded. "Yes. I would."

"For he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my battle-brother eternal."

The two entities, driven with purpose, turned their gaze back out to the void.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @fuckin anybody lol​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back