Status
Not open for further replies.
The scorpion that had been plaguing the school finally fell under the might of Avalon's defenders. Asher let out a war cry of triumph, as did Arya in response. Little Elle followed suit, causing Ludger to laugh. Holder was stabilized for the moment and all of the enemies had been cleared away, giving everyone a sense that it was finally safe.

As Ms. Frizzle and Lalonde got the kids together to get them to a more safe location, Ludger contacted the Coalition to check on the status of the other locations.

"The hospital's clear," Jude said over the communicator. "That man in the sky, Xemnas or whatever, disappeared just now."

"I'm afraid we have another situation on our hands," Alvin's voice suddenly cut in.

Alvin and Rowen had traced a group of dusks to a warehouse during all the other fighting. They had been greeted with the harrowing sight of a third bomb that had been planted under everyone's noses and it was about to go off.

"Damn it!" Alvin yelled, quickly taking out the dusks with a couple of bullets and running over to the bomb. Rowen followed behind him, his look pensive. "Hell, this had to have been here for a while. It's about to go off!"

Rowen sighed. "Alvin, step back."

"What? We have to destroy it or something!"

"That will not work," Rowen replied. "When I was Mr. Curtiss' confidant, I learned about many of the weapons his group manufactured. This is one of them. Attempting to destroy it will only blow it up and it will level this section of the city."

"Then--!"

"There is no time to disarm it either. Unless..." Rowen moved quickly, pushing Alvin aside. "Excuse me." Alvin took a step back, but as he did, Rowen turned around and waved his hand in the air, causing a burst of magical energy to throw Alvin backward.

ZrsIySX.png

"What the hell?!" As Alvin got up, Rowen erected a magical barrier so that Alvin could not get close. "Rowen! No!"

Alvin watched as Rowen calmly put his hands out and built up magical energy.

J9sknSd.gif

"The blast will be powerful," he said. "The barrier holding you back will not be enough. However, if I pour my very being into it, then perhaps..."

Alvin banged on the barrier, yelling for his friend to stop, but deep down he knew there was no stopping him. Rowen was the kind of man who give his life if it could save even one other.

Alvin shuddered, watching as light shimmered off Rowen's body.

Rowen's body went limp and he collapsed to the ground. Alvin let out one last yell before--

"Rowen is gone," Alvin announced, having explained the situation with the third bomb. Jude let out a strangled gasp, trying to hold back his emotions. "But the blast was contained. No one in Electric Town was hurt."

There was a long stretch of silence.

@CityofAvalon

As the dragon raged on, devouring whoever got in its way without any mercy or hesitation, it almost seemed like nothing could stop it, not even Muzét, at least by herself, despite Carol's assistance. Any trace of the gentle and valiant seraph that was once Mikleo was undoubtedly gone without a single trace. Even Edna, usually so calm and composed, could only stare helplessly, her eyes laden with shock as someone she had known for what felt like a long time was driven to the deepest depths of despair like this...

With a flap of its mighty wing, the malevolent dragon easily swiped Muzét and Carol aside as though they were little more than mere flies.

"Kyaaah!" The Great Spirit gasped in surprise and pain as her form slammed into the ground, hard enough to make a crater, stunning her for a good few moments.

Meanwhile, the barrier that Carol had put up earlier suddenly de-materialized, leaving those once affected -- Chise, Will, Kieran, Meira, and Touma -- vulnerable once again to the dragon's gaze, the beast still hungry...

T7x7ASK.png

"Oh, crap... Get back!!" Touma yelled, gesturing the others around to escape, for all the good it'd do for them. The boy himself, however, stood his ground, his eyes wavering between fearful and resolved, bouncing from one extreme to the next. His legs trembled, but he had faced worse before. He could do this. He could do this.

As Meira facetiously suggested to throw him at the dragon, the boy was ready to lash out comedically, before stopping himself as though a light-bulb had just appeared over his head. It was a risky plan, but it was the best thing he could do.

Making a fist in one hand, he hit it against his other open palm, turning toward the others. "That's it! Maybe if I can bait the dragon into a--aaAAAAAAAUUUGH?!" He could only say, before suddenly finding himself being flung into the air by Chise before he could even detail his plan to completion. As the dragon fixated its gaze in the group, with Touma right in the middle, it swiftly opened its mouth, as though ready to catch the boy inside, and...

CHOMP!

With a shocked gasp, Muzét could only watch as the dragon mercilessly enveloped Touma in its massive mouth, the boy disappearing from view as he was eaten up by the mighty beast, unable to intervene as she was still stunned from the dragon's earlier attack. And like he was nothing more than just another piece to bite into, the dragon began to take off again, flapping its wings again and beginning to generate powerful winds. It let out a massive exhale of blue flames that whipped through the air menacingly. The dark winds mixed with the flames, creating a powerful, destructive wave of energy that threatened to envelop the entire battlefield.

Screams and cries echoed out. Carol got to her feet and stared at the energy in awe. “I… I don’t think even I could stop that,” she said grimly. Beside her, Sorey groaned. He wiped his tears and got his feet.

“It’s over for us all,” he said. “I’m so sorry, Mikleo.”

“N-No, Sorey!” Lailah exclaimed. She squeezed her hands together and closed her eyes. “That energy, you can purify it. You can save everyone!”

Sorey shivered. “I-I don’t…”

Carol turned and placed a hand on the boy’s shoulder. “I know how hard this must be,” she said, staring into his eyes. “We’ve all lost so much. But it all… all the sacrifices have to be worth it. If it all ends here, how can that be? Everyone, even your friend, have given so much so that we can still fight. Try, kid. I will help you in any way I can.”

Sorey nodded, ceasing his shivering. The wave of energy would hit in just a couple seconds. “Lailah!” Sorey yelled, the pair becoming one. A giant sword appeared in Sorey’s hands and he swung it through the air, creating a wave of purifying fire that met the dragon’s own energy.

XYhLEAu.gif

The two energies then collided, creating an explosion of light that hung in the air as the two energies pushed against each other.

Some soldiers stopped running and looked up in awe. Carol held on to Sorey, helping him brace himself. Julius, Rose and Dezel joined them, crowding Sorey and holding on to him.

But it was all too much strain. Sorey grunted and fell to one knee. “I think… it really is too much! I’m so sorry, everyone!” Sorey was pushed further and further down. He was losing his grip.

“I got another crazy idea,” Meira said, watching Sorey and the others. She held up her sword.

70ufCEN.jpg

“I have the ability to draw energy into this bad boy. I’ll contain it in here--" She waved her sword in the air. "--and move it away from everyone else.”

“All of that?” Ike asked. “There is no way you could possibly--”

“Duh,” Meira said, shrugging her shoulders. “I'll probably die. Of course I know that. It doesn’t matter. I like what the hot superpowered lesbian was saying. You know, about sacrifices?”

If Carol had not been holding on to Sorey for dear life, she would have laughed darkly.

“I… think I’ve had a good run.”

“You will not face this alone!” Kieran yelled, riding up to Meira with his horse. “Climb on, you’ll get farther on horseback.” Meira nodded and jumped on to sit behind the knight. Keiran and Ike exchanged glances. “If you see the leaders of the Coalition… tell them I’m sorry, Commander Ike.”

“Are you sure about this?” Ike asked.

6PlhscC.png

“No,” Kieran responded. “But there is more time to think.”

"Out of everyone, I'm glad to be doing this with you, big guy."

With that, the horse started galloping away.

“Sayonara!” Meira yelled, holding up her sword. It stabbed into the energy hovering just above the ground and began to absorb it. A few lingering shadows attempted to stop the horse, but Ike slashed the air with his sword and sent energy waves to take out the threats.

hTlLS7d.png

“Goodbye,” he said.

As Kieran and Meira galloped away from the fighters and into the dark fog of Ash, they took the dragon’s energy with them. It faded from the sky and all could be seen of the galloping pair was a sword, glowing on the horizon.

It then exploded, creating a giant ball of fire and energy. It shook the very ground, but was far enough away so no one was impacted. Sorey finally collapsed, separating from Lailah.

Carol looked up at the great dragon, realizing that such an attack had really been nothing for it. It could fire again and there would be no stopping the second round. The dragon flapped its wings and started to fly over the battlefield, until...

"SKREEEEEE!"

The dragon suddenly contorted in pain, shrieking loudly as though it were audibly in anguished pain as its wings suddenly stopped, unable to take off. It clumsily bumbled about, until suddenly... something disturbing happened. With a sickening SHHHLCK sound, something burst out of the dragon's body in a bloody display. Another dragon. The head of another dragon burst out from "Mikleo's" chest, like an alien, some foreign organism that was not supposed to be inside.

And then, with another SHHHLCK, a second dragon head burst out from the hole. The dragon that was once Mikleo roared in anguish, and without mercy, the two dragons inside it slithered out of the hole, bodies like ginormous snakes enveloping themselves around Mikleo's entire body, squeezing tightly, before...

M181Thy.png

SHHRK! RIIIP!

In a violent display, the other dragons began ripping apart Mikleo with its teeth, biting out chunk after chunk as the creature was helplessly unable to do anything about it. With another loud, anguished scream that rocked the battlefield, Mikleo could only fall to the ground from there, quickly snuffed out by wherever the two snake-like dragons had come from.

Perhaps one could say the sad irony was that this was the best possible fate for him. After all, there was no going back when a seraph turned into a dragon.

xre6xQs.png

As Mikleo's draconic form lay on the ground, dead, the two dragon heads eventually de-materialized into thin air before long, and where the hole in Mikleo's chest was, Touma's body was suddenly present, lying on the ground right in front of him, his body miraculously no worse for wear as the spiky-haired boy struggled to get back up to his feet.

By that point, Muzét had finally managed to regain enough of her senses, braving to float over and help Touma up. "There, there... I don't know how you're still alive, but whatever happened there, it certainly worked out alright," she said somewhat morbidly, but couldn't admit some part of her was relieved that it was all over now.

"Ngh... I-It's just as well. I was just gonna run over to that dragon anyway, but I guess that worked too," the boy managed to utter out as Muzét hovered him over back to Chise and the others, his words prompting a surprised blink from the Great Spirit.

"You were going to run up to it anyway, even if that girl didn't think to throw you? You humans never cease to amaze," Muzét chuckled lightly with a fond look on her face. He reminds me a bit of you, Jude. Wherever you are... I hope you're alright.

Looking to Chise, Touma let out a worn breath. "You remembered, didn't you? When someone tries to destroy my arm, the dragons come out. Like what happened when DIO tried to kill me back then," he said, recounting the Othinus Incident with the girl.

"I don't think she did remember, dear."

Touma looked to Muzét for a moment, then back to Chise again, a look of disbelief on his face.

What remained of Mikleo began to fade away, becoming one with the dark skies of Ash. Sorey, half-unconscious, got on one knee and looked up to watch Mikleo’s energy dissipate. His vision blurred and he could have sworn he saw something form in front of him. It looked just like Mikleo.

RUUSwHO.jpg

“...”

The figure spoke wordlessly. Whether it was absolving Sorey of his guilt or wishing him goodbye, Sorey could not tell. Of course, whether or not the figure was real seemed suspect, as no one else saw anything.

“See you… later…” Sorey whispered, collapsing into Carol’s arms. He dreamed only of the boy who had been his soul mate.

As for the rest of the battlefield. the enemies were largely gone. Even Shan Yu had perished to Guy amidst the fighting with the dragon, leaving the Huns to scatter into the fog. It seemed the battle had been won.

“It’s too late,” Gaius said. He spoke into his communicator. “We’ve won, but Ash is too far gone. We need to start evacuating.”

“Got it,” Paladin Danse responded.

The battle-weary soldiers moved quickly, clearing out from the battlefield. Gaius, Danse, and Jon coordinated to get everyone on transporters. There was unfortunately not enough time to move the dead. They too would be lost.

Amidst the evacuation, the planet seemed to roar. The winds only got worse and electric storms were picking up on the horizon. The citizens of Charon were being evacuated as well, most temporarily to the UN for the moment. Makoto eventually came over the communicators, asking the fighters to come to Avalon for clean-up.

Ash may had been lost, but thanks to the efforts of the fighters, every citizen of Charon was saved. As the Coalition left Ash, they ceased all transportation to the planet, to make sure the lingering malevolence would not slip through any portals.

Within the hour, Ash ceased to exist.

@Outway

@Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee @Capri @Ver @Crow @Takumi @Crunch @Josh @Alex Azure @Donder172 @Sark @York @Gummi Bunnies @Space_Candy @Kaykay @Lucky @Ottonomous Ghost

d471541b66203e903af1e30c0ddf719458c03474.jpg

Well that didn't go how she expected it to, but at least no one else among them died. Those that did however, she hoped their souls could move on safely after all of this.

Blinking as Touma and Muzét spoke, Chise scratched her cheek lightly.

b6cf6f4e8e93f86acbff88e364ccf394d62986ee.jpg

"Ahh, so much happened I did forget about that part..." Chise murmered sheepishly.

d0ffc64b28496072f3967ddaabd91ed1a38c973f.jpg

"Sorry about throwing you so suddenly, but you're not hurt, are you?" She asked then, worry on her face as she tried to look the boy over for any injuries.

Once the group found themselves on the Enterprise, both Chise and Shigure took a moment to look around.

"I could probably make you something for your stomach later." Chise spoke up to Jude, with hope that they'd all make it out alive after this.

"This is going to be...rough, I suppose." Shigure muttered where he stood, frowning softly. Chise and Shigure both grabbed onto something as instructed, pensive and ready for a fight.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Capri @Lucky @Sark @Crunch @Everyone

View attachment 5862

"Well, with you here, Mr. Titus, how could I possibly despair?" Kirk said with a coy smirk, his attempt at lightening the mood... mostly for himself. Though it wasn't like the two had much of a close correspondence since the first time they'd met, the captain was able to briskly identify his old acquaintance. Of all things, it seemed that the Tribbles had a positive effect on his outlook on life.

That was probably a first.

Still, it was true that Kirk was depending on Titus -- and by extension the rest of the team here -- to finish what they had started all that time ago. As the pilots at the helm of the Enterprise attempted to maneuver around the Reaper forces as best as they could, Kirk gave a resolved look forward. "Between you being on this ship and us having to go after Revan, I'm almost liable to get deja vu!" He said, almost fondly recalling the event of past. Almost.

After his exchange with Deoxys though, Kirk couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle, despite the dire situation. "Looks like you've changed a bit since we last met though!"

@Crunch

"Well, I lived at Avalon for quite a while after I first got involved in all this multiversal stuff, so..." Riesbyfe began to respond to Little My between bated breaths as the Enterprise swerved about. "I'll probably start rebuilding as soon as I can. A good day's work is never done, but all the same, one day at a time," she said, remaining braced while the rough ride went on.

@Capri

nKjKitr.png

Chapter Seven
"Three-Dimensionality"

The war for Avalon was over and Ash had been consumed completely by malevolence, leaving no trace of the former planet. Shadow was secured safely in Knowhere while Jade Curtiss was behind bars. Thousands of people had been evacuated out of Ash and had to be held by both the United Nations and the United Federation of Planets. Men and women worked tirelessly to heal the wounded, but just about everyone was overloaded.

There had been battle after battle. Was an end finally in sight?

The air in the Coalition meeting room was tense and taught. Everyone in attendance was exhausted. Leia tapped idly on the table she was sat at, pouring over a device in front of her. Her tapping was the only sound heard for a moment as everyone gathered their thoughts.

"Looks like the people of Avalon don't blame us for the fighting," Leia said, finally breaking the silence. She had been looking over the network to see what the Avalon citizens were saying online. Thanks to the UN's help, Leia was able to take a break from medicine and focus on her other work. "I'm so relieved civilian casualties were..." Leia winced. "... not as bad as they could be."

Someone sighed heavily. Eventually, Makoto said, "Milla, are you sure you have no means of finding out where Celsius and Chronos are?"

Milla gave Makoto a weary turn of her head and nodded. "As I said, they could be anywhere. I can only sense that they are still alive."

"Then what do we do?" Leia asked nervously. She looked first at Makoto, then Kyoko. An uncomfortable silence filled the room.

"I think I may have an idea," spoke a male voice. He entered the room slowly, hands folded neatly behind his back and looking dejected.

kgbg2SI.png

"It really is quite simple," Xehanort said, looking around the room.

"Hold on!" barked Paladin Danse, his voice erupting from a monitor feed to Avalon. "Tell me, Xehanort, what are these rumors that you had something to do with the attacks on Avalon and Ash?!"

"Oh." Xehanort's demeanor changed and he let out a small chuckle. "Yes, I read the reports, it is quite clear that certain beings associated with me are in league with the Revanchist. However, I can assure you I have nothing to do with them. Don't you know, many versions of all of us exist in the multiverse, both good and bad, eh?"

Makoto nodded. He knew better than anyone. Danse still wasn't convinced however and began to voice that, but Makoto quickly jumped in to interrupt him.

"That doesn't matter right now," Makoto said. "What was your idea?"

Xehanort nodded. "Right. Wherever the missing Great Spirits may be, we are deadlocked at the moment. Not including lady Milla, three of them reside with us and two possibly reside with them. In that case, we have the upper hand. We must be the ones to make the first move. A decisive strike at the heart of the Revanchist!"

"Umm, but none of us know where they are," Leia said. "Revan's totally gone off the map!"

"Heh." Xehanort smiled. "But we have two of their agents locked away, don't we? Get them to talk and we can make moves to end this once and for all."

1588114347657.png

"It's our only lead," Kyoko nodded in concurrence with Xehanort. If there was anything begrudging about her agreement, she hid it well, but all the same, this situation was one she was used to. A detective who had to grasp at straws for anything resembling a lead.

Looking to others, the young woman went on. "And more than that, maybe Othinus can confirm whatever they say, given her insight when she was with them. It's the most logical course of action," she said, mostly to Makoto and Leia as they still looked skeptical.

Makoto sighed, but didn't argue.

It was decided that Xehanort and Kyosuke would try to get the prisoners to talk, while Leia contacted the United Federation to see if they could assist in the coming attack. Once the others were gone, Makoto quickly pulled Kyoko aside and spoke to her quietly.

JL8WyY7.png

"If Xehanort's pushing us to attack, Revan must have a trap waiting for us."

Kyoko gave Makoto a steady look to match his steely gaze, on the same wavelength with him as she gave him a courteous nod. "I know. I understand your apprehension, Naegi-kun, but it's all we have to go on right now. With Revan out in the wind, all we can do is spring his trap and see where it leads us," she said, before taking his hand in her own, looking at him intently. "As you used to say, we'll have to hope for the best."

It was a risky gambit to be sure, but Kyoko had faith in the teams they had on hand. It was all a powerless person like her could do.

"Then, hrm..." Makoto looked away for a moment. When he turned back to meet Kyoko's gaze, he looked undoubtedly determined. "I'm tired of sending people to their deaths. Whatever team we can manage for this assault, I want to go with them."

Kyoko nodded. It was clear she had a feeling he would say something to that affect. "Very well then, I guess I'll just have to keep an eye on you, won't I?"

Those chosen for the final assault on Revan were gathered into the transportation room. The selection was slim, all things considered. After the battles on Avalon and Ash, the amount of fighters in healthy condition were far fewer than when the war began.

Xehanort and Kyosuke arrived, having successfully got the info they wanted. "Jade knew the other prisoner we had, the shape-shifting one, would talk quickly," Kyosuke said, moving over to a computer console. "He told us the location of Revan's base."

"However, it is a space structure and it has wards against transporting directly inside," Xehanort added.

"The United Federation told Leia they had two ships ready for combat. They will warp to the outside of the space station, then we will transport you all into one of the ships. They will then escort you inside."

It all sounded so simple, but everyone knew it would not be so easy.

Ludger hugged Elle and told her to stay out of trouble. The girl had refused to leave his side ever since he saved her in Avalon. "The Coalition will keep you safe," he said.

"And I'll keep him safe," Julius said, giving his brother a sly smile. Ludger let out a playful sigh. For all his efforts to keep Julius out of harm's way, his brother had finally gotten his way in an effort to protect his brother.

"Maybe I should come with you guys..." Leia was saying, a finger tapping her chin. Alvin sighed in response and Jude took his friend by the arm.

"You're needed here," Jude said. Milla stepped up to them and nodded.

"The Coalition needs you," she added. "Especially with Makoto and Kyoko joining us."

Leia smiled sadly. She knew they were right. She was just so afraid, now that they had lost Rowen. "I'll be here for you guys too," she said.

Byakuya, joining as a member of ODMA, nodded to Kyoko as he took his place among the group. Makoto, from behind Byakuya, met Kyoko's gaze and he smiled.

"We're gonna end this with our own power," Makoto told everyone. "Everything we've faced up until now has prepared us for this. Search deep within yourself for whatever hope remains and bring it forth!"

Kyosuke nodded. He pressed down on a button on the console and everyone was transported.

Everyone appeared on the bridge of the Enterprise. It was led by Captain Kirk.

1588115229433.png

"Systems nominal. All good to go when we're all ready," the (mostly) diligent captain said idly as he looked over the terminals of his crewmates working the helm. Though he figured he hid it well, Kirk was just as uneasy as anyone else there.

His universe tended to prefer to keep to their own devices and letting the rest of the multiverse run its natural course, but there was nothing natural about this situation. But with their course charted, he could only hope as much as the next person that they could all put an end to Revan's schemes once and for all.

Holograms opened up, showing the bridge of the other ship, the Normandy, led by Commander Shepard.

LjzHDEI.png

"It's been quiet," Shepard said. "Once we warped in, we expected something to immediately happen, but..."

The Enterprise's view opened so that everyone could see Revan's base, the Star Forge, sitting idly in space.

E9KjD58.jpg

As the ships began their slow approach, enemy ships began warping in, appearing next to the Star Forge.

"So this is where they all went," Shepard said.

vAygoKE.jpg

Dozens upon dozens of Reapers were appearing, ready to protect the Star Forge from the two ships. "Damn it!" barked Shepard. "Enterprise, you gotta move! We'll cover you!"

1588115828147.png

"Oh, that's a lot of them," Kirk could only breathe, but quickly gathered his bearings, shaking himself back into the game, steeling his resolve and looking to his crew at the helm. "Alright, let's try to maneuver past 'em and head for the Star Forge! They might look scary... because they are, but they're just here to slow us down!"

Turning to the group, he gave a nod. "Better hang on to something! It's gonna be a bumpy ride!"

"Did you guys forego seat belts in the future?!" Touma exclaimed incredulously, while Riesbyfe only braced herself silently. Jude was already feeling unwell.

wQXDEtb.png

"I think I'm gonna be sick...!"

CHARACTER LIST

@Crow as Ben Tennyson [Ben 10] and Cagliostro [Granblue Fantasy]
@Takumi as Chise Hatori [The Ancient Magus Bride] and Shigure [Fire Emblem]
@Minerva as Corrin [Fire Emblem] and Yennefer [The Witcher]
@Crunch as Deoxys [Pokemon] and Titus [Warhammer]
@Jeremi as Frank Castle AKA "The Rider" [Marvel] and Bayonetta [Bayonetta]
@Capri as Little My [Moomin] and Foo Fighters [Jojo's Bizarre Adventure]
@Sark as Yoda [Star Wars] and Guy Gardener [DC]
@York as Reiner Braun [Attack on Titan] and Schala Zeal [Chrono Trigger]
@Gummi Bunnies as Rinato "Rin" Dormi AKA "Lapis Lazuli" [Original Character] and Goro Majima [Yakuza]
@Yun Lee as Severa [Fire Emblem] and Libra [Fire Emblem]
@Kaykay as Shirou Yusa [Dies Irae] and Ren Fujii [Dies Irae]
@Ver as Touma Kamijou [A Certain Magical Index] and Riesbyfe Stridberg [Type-Moon]
@Lucky as Wade Wilson AKA Deadpool [Marvel] and Billy Batson AKA Shazam [DC]
@Ottonomous Ghost as Wolf AKA Sekiro [Sekiro] and Blitzcrank [League of Legends]​

Bayonetta had during the assault ended up as a mother hen for the group of students she'd rescued from the school and had led them safely to freedom. Now she was leaning back against the wall as more fighting started to erupt around them. "Oh dear, however, will we get past these space squids?"

The Cosmic Ghost Rider meanwhile was pissed. He still hadn't changed back to grumpy old Frank Castle and stood before him in all his flaming skull glory. The white-haired pretty boy had escaped him, and he was still itching for a fight. "Where's your damn hangar?" He snapped at Kirk. "If these lame-ass squids think they are going to get in our way they have another thing coming! I'm going out there myself to kick their ass."

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Everyone

View attachment 5862

"Well, with you here, Mr. Titus, how could I possibly despair?" Kirk said with a coy smirk, his attempt at lightening the mood... mostly for himself. Though it wasn't like the two had much of a close correspondence since the first time they'd met, the captain was able to briskly identify his old acquaintance. Of all things, it seemed that the Tribbles had a positive effect on his outlook on life.

That was probably a first.

Still, it was true that Kirk was depending on Titus -- and by extension the rest of the team here -- to finish what they had started all that time ago. As the pilots at the helm of the Enterprise attempted to maneuver around the Reaper forces as best as they could, Kirk gave a resolved look forward. "Between you being on this ship and us having to go after Revan, I'm almost liable to get deja vu!" He said, almost fondly recalling the event of past. Almost.

After his exchange with Deoxys though, Kirk couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle, despite the dire situation. "Looks like you've changed a bit since we last met though!"

@Crunch

"Well, I lived at Avalon for quite a while after I first got involved in all this multiversal stuff, so..." Riesbyfe began to respond to Little My between bated breaths as the Enterprise swerved about. "I'll probably start rebuilding as soon as I can. A good day's work is never done, but all the same, one day at a time," she said, remaining braced while the rough ride went on.

@Capri

"Mm, that I have. The Discovery revealed much to me. What I did after... is a long story. Get us through this safely, captain, and I may just regale it to you." the space marine mused with renewed focus, recalling the events leading up to his so-called 'change of heart'.

It wasn't precisely the joyful revelation that Kirk may be thinking of. But it was a revelation nonetheless. One that no amount of ignorance on his part could dismiss.

Titus strengthened his grip on the metal bracing. The Enterprise rocked and groaned beneath the captain's wild piloting, but much like an unmoving monolith, the Astartes refused to relent to the force.

Bayonetta had during the assault ended up as a mother hen for the group of students she'd rescued from the school and had led them safely to freedom. Now she was leaning back against the wall as more fighting started to erupt around them. "Oh dear, however, will we get past these space squids?"

The Cosmic Ghost Rider meanwhile was pissed. He still hadn't changed back to grumpy old Frank Castle and stood before him in all his flaming skull glory. The white-haired pretty boy had escaped him, and he was still itching for a fight. "Where's your damn hangar?" He snapped at Kirk. "If these lame-ass squids think they are going to get in our way they have another thing coming! I'm going out there myself to kick their ass."

"There is now a second thing we can agree on, Frank Castle."

Deoxys floated alongside the Cosmic Ghost Rider, turning back towards Kirk with a resolved stare. This metal cage was far too limited for Deoxys to do any good in. The recesses of deep space called to it like a siren song, conjuring distant memories of space rock hurtling through the void, struck by an errant laser. It seemed fitting that Deoxys would be reminded of its very first memories at a time like this. Humans would call it a 'life flashing before their eyes'.

"Frank Castle and I are better suited to engage the enemy directly, if not draw their aggression away from this metal vessel."

Deoxys paused for a moment, tilting its head downwards. "I severely underperformed in Avalon. I will compensate for this failure in the most direct way I can imagine. These... squid-like entities will not be allowed to strike the Enterprise."

"... I hope you can keep up," the DNA Pokemon side-eyed the Cosmic Ghost Rider. "Because I do not intend to wait for you."

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Everyone​

”Nah, you stay put alien squid guy,” Frank replied to Deoxys before addressing Kirk again. “Just point me where I have to go and I’ll do it from there.”

When he got confirmation, he made his way towards the hangar. As he arrived, Frank materialized his space bike and set off. The Reapers were supposedly the apex predators of their universe. It was time for them to feel how it was to be the prey.

Sound didn’t emit through space but Frank was going to damn sure give his allies a show.

cy0ckrl.png

“Time for you Reapers to get the fuck outta the way! We got a meeting with a guy with a bucket on his head!” The Reapers responded to fire off a multitude of lasers as the Cosmic Ghost Rider came into view.

Their target was too small and they were having a hard time to get a lock on him. That was when one of the Reapers exploded.

xJrhKow.png

Frank emerged on the other side of the explosion cackling madly, but the people on the Enterprise didn’t hear that, they could only see the chain of explosions that erupted as the Cosmic Ghost Rider’s brand of carnage allowed the USS Enterprise some breathing room.

Seeing that he had given them an opening, Frank turned his bike around and headed back to the ship. He’d let the others in the Coalition do some of the work.

Explosions rocked the outside of the Enterprise, causing the ship to heave and rumble constantly. Even after Frank's impressive show, all that could be seen from the bridge was a mass of Reaper ships and glowing beams of energy shot out from a myriad of sources. The Normandy moved about rapidly, trying to attract most of the attention and shoot beams of counter fire to protect the Enterprise.

A heavy explosion knocked Makoto off his feet and he grabbed on to Kyoko for support. He looked up into her eyes and said, "they can do this."

Kyoko nodded, holding on to Makoto's hand as she returned his gaze. "I know..."

When finally Enterprise was close enough to the Star Forge, Kirk made an announcement to everyone.

1588116393312.png

"Okay, we're out of the frying pan now. All that's left is to hop into the fire..." The man simply said. Now that they were close enough, and having bypassed the Reaper onslaught, the Enterprise's beaming technology was able to transport onboard Revan's ship without complication.

"This is as far as I can take you though. You'll have to do the rest on your own. I can't involve my crew any more than I already have, but even so, I wish you the best of luck. The fate of the multiverse depends on this mission."

"... No pressure,"
he said.

With that, a bright light began to envelop each individual member of the team. The Enterprise's beaming technology got a lock on their bodies and began to disassemble them, and then reassemble them inside the Star Forge.

FWOOSH!

DbYG3Ud.png

Chapter Eight
"Like Two Peas in a Pod"

The distressed, chaotic interior of the Enterprise disappeared, replaced with cold, metal walls and the glowing of a looming hologram.

4S7NT2W.jpg

Jude looked around for a moment. This space was incredibly quiet. "... I hope they'll be okay," he said.

"They did what they needed to in order for us to get this far," Byakuya responded. "Worrying about it now makes a mockery of their effort."

"That's one way to put it..." Ludger said quietly.

Alvin walked up to the large hologram. "Huh, not sure how this thing works, but... oh." He paused, watching as the image shifted, zooming in on the projection of the Star Forge. "It's like a virtual map. If we're at the bottom, guess we gotta go up."

"Some of the passageways are blocked," Julius said, pointing to some red-tinted parts of the projection.

"Well, duh," came an unknown voice, "you think you're supposed to just waltz on up and say hi to Revan?"

Everyone started to look around, but Byakuya bristled at the voice.

"Lucas."

The hologram shifted from an image of the Star Forge to an image of none other than Lucas Baker.

01UlUg8.jpg

"Goddamn, some of y'all looking ugly. Hey there, you sons 'a bitches! I recognize a few of ya. Miss me?"

"I knew this was the group you were in contact with," Byakuya said.

Lucas nodded. "Mmhm, mmhm, you got that right, man. After Eveline got all pissy and ruined my game, I knew I had to get out of dodge, so to speak, and Revan was so kind as to offer me a place to stay! But hey, y'all here now, and I got a new game, just for y'all!"

"Was this the trap we were expecting?" Makoto questioned, copping his chin. "It can't just be this..."

"That's right! He's not the only one here!"

mppHROb.jpg

"You can't have a death game without me!" Monokuma said, his rotund form popping in front of Lucas and blocking his view.

"This has to be some kind of joke," Makoto groaned.

"I ain't laughing!" Lucas snapped, trying to push Monokuma aside. "This dumb bear's been puttin' his grubby fuckin' paws in all my shit!"

Monokuma held strong despite Lucas' best efforts. "That's because death games and Monokuma go hand-in-hand! Trying to set one up without me is simply criminal!"

"Revan made me the security guy here! I'm reliable! You're just a fuckin' robot bear!"

"A very cuddly bear too!" Monokuma tried rubbing his cheek with Lucas', who just seemed to look distressed.

"Grahh!" Lucas let out a yell of frustration. "Fine, y'all! Just fucking get moving! Have--"

"Fun!!" Monokuma ended Lucas' statement for him and the hologram changed back to the map unceremoniously.

There was an awkward pause around the room.

"Guess we have two paths," Julius finally said. "Left wing, or right."

"Well, it's not the first time we've had to split up," Riesbyfe said, as though having gotten used to this kind of peril by now. "I'll take the right side."

"And I'll go for the left," Touma said. "We better not waste any time. Let's get a move on!"

CHARACTER LIST

@Gummi Bunnies as Rinato "Rin" Dormi AKA "Lapis Lazuli" [Original Character] and Goro Majima [Yakuza]
@Ver as Touma Kamijou [A Certain Magical Index] and Riesbyfe Stridberg [Type-Moon]
@Ottonomous Ghost as Wolf AKA Sekiro [Sekiro] and Blitzcrank [League of Legends]​

Last edited:
"Are we seriously supposed to be scared of some stupid teddy bear...?" Severa groaned, following Touma on the left path. At least she was off that horrid flying machine or whatever. She hated technology so much.

Libra, on the other hand, was far more somber. He'd heard of Monokuma, and of his involvement in Multiversal disasters, but this was his first time encountering the little monster. Lucas Baker, though...he had no real knowledge of, but h e would remain vigilant all the same, as he joined Riesbyfe on the right.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Everyone​

LITTLE MY
@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee
@Right

"Who does that bear guy think he is? Death game? What's so fun about death?"

Riesbyfe making her decision also practically made Little My's decision, although she was upset that Severa couldn't join them.

FOO FIGHTERS
@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Left

FF's hand twisted into a gun as she followed Severa & Touma down the left path.​

”Nah, you stay put alien squid guy,” Frank replied to Deoxys before addressing Kirk again. “Just point me where I have to go and I’ll do it from there.”

When he got confirmation, he made his way towards the hangar. As he arrived, Frank materialized his space bike and set off. The Reapers were supposedly the apex predators of their universe. It was time for them to feel how it was to be the prey.

Sound didn’t emit through space but Frank was going to damn sure give his allies a show.

cy0ckrl.png

“Time for you Reapers to get the fuck outta the way! We got a meeting with a guy with a bucket on his head!” The Reapers responded to fire off a multitude of lasers as the Cosmic Ghost Rider came into view.

Their target was too small and they were having a hard time to get a lock on him. That was when one of the Reapers exploded.

xJrhKow.png

Frank emerged on the other side of the explosion cackling madly, but the people on the Enterprise didn’t hear that, they could only see the chain of explosions that erupted as the Cosmic Ghost Rider’s brand of carnage allowed the USS Enterprise some breathing room.

Seeing that he had given them an opening, Frank turned his bike around and headed back to the ship. He’d let the others in the Coalition do some of the work.

Explosions rocked the outside of the Enterprise, causing the ship to heave and rumble constantly. Even after Frank's impressive show, all that could be seen from the bridge was a mass of Reaper ships and glowing beams of energy shot out from a myriad of sources. The Normandy moved about rapidly, trying to attract most of the attention and shoot beams of counter fire to protect the Enterprise.

A heavy explosion knocked Makoto off his feet and he grabbed on to Kyoko for support. He looked up into her eyes and said, "they can do this."

When finally Enterprise was close enough to the Star Forge, Kirk made an announcement to everyone.

1588116393312.png

"Okay, we're out of the frying pan now. All that's left is to hop into the fire..." The man simply said. Now that they were close enough, and having bypassed the Reaper onslaught, the Enterprise's beaming technology was able to transport onboard Revan's ship without complication.

"This is as far as I can take you though. You'll have to do the rest on your own. I can't involve my crew any more than I already have, but even so, I wish you the best of luck. The fate of the multiverse depends on this mission."

"... No pressure,"
he said.

With that, a bright light began to envelop each individual member of the team. The Enterprise's beaming technology got a lock on their bodies and began to disassemble them, and then reassemble them inside the Star Forge.

FWOOSH!

DbYG3Ud.png

Chapter Eight
"Like Two Peas in a Pod"

The distressed, chaotic interior of the Enterprise disappeared, replaced with cold, metal walls and the glowing of a looming hologram.

4S7NT2W.jpg

Jude looked around for a moment. This space was incredibly quiet. "... I hope they'll be okay," he said.

"They did what they needed to in order for us to get this far," Byakuya responded. "Worrying about it now makes a mockery of their effort."

Alvin walked up to the large hologram. "Huh, not sure how this thing works, but... oh." He paused, watching as the image shifted, zooming in on the projection of the Star Forge. "It's like a virtual map. If we're at the bottom, guess we gotta go up."

"Some of the passageways are blocked," Julius said, pointing to some red-tinted parts of the projection.

"Well, duh," came an unknown voice, "you think you're supposed to just waltz on up and say hi to Revan?"

"Lucas."

The hologram shifted from an image of the Star Forge to an image of none other than Lucas Baker.

01UlUg8.jpg

"Goddamn, some of y'all looking ugly. Hey there, you sons 'a bitches! I recognize a few of ya. Miss me?"

Lucas nodded. "Mmhm, mmhm, you got that right, man. After Eveline got all pissy and ruined my game, I knew I had to get out of dodge, so to speak, and Revan was so kind as to offer me a place to stay! But hey, y'all here now, and I got a new game, just for y'all!"

"Was this the trap we were expecting?" Makoto questioned, copping his chin. "It can't just be this..."

mppHROb.jpg

"You can't have a death game without me!" Monokuma said, his rotund form popping in front of Lucas and blocking his view.

"I ain't laughing!" Lucas snapped, trying to push Monokuma aside. "This dumb bear's been puttin' his grubby fuckin' paws in all my shit!"

Monokuma held strong despite Lucas' best efforts. "That's because death games and Monokuma go hand-in-hand! Trying to set one up without me is simply criminal!"

"Revan made me the security guy here! I'm reliable! You're just a fuckin' robot bear!"

"A very cuddly bear too!" Monokuma tried rubbing his cheek with Lucas', who just seemed to look distressed.

"Grahh!" Lucas let out a yell of frustration. "Fine, y'all! Just fucking get moving! Have--"

"Fun!!" Monokuma ended Lucas' statement for him and the hologram changed back to the map unceremoniously.

"Well, it's not the first time we've had to split up," Riesbyfe said, as though having gotten used to this kind of peril by now. "I'll take the right side."

"And I'll go for the left," Touma said. "We better not waste any time. Let's get a move on!"

CHARACTER LIST

@Ottonomous Ghost as Wolf AKA Sekiro [Sekiro] and Blitzcrank [League of Legends]
"Are we seriously supposed to be scared of some stupid teddy bear...?" Severa groaned, following Touma on the left path. At least she was off that horrid flying machine or whatever. She hated technology so much.

Libra, on the other hand, was far more somber. He'd heard of Monokuma, and of his involvement in Multiversal disasters, but this was his first time encountering the little monster. Lucas Baker, though...he had no real knowledge of, but h e would remain vigilant all the same, as he joined Riesbyfe on the right.

Yennefer who had totally been here the whole time still also went down the Left path.​

Deoxys visibly bristled at being told to stay put, but there wasn't any time to argue. The approach to the Star Forge progressed as it did, and before either of them knew it, Captain Titus and Deoxys were standing among the rest of the assembled warriors, their respective frames illuminant in the soft greenish glow of the map hologram. Titus seemed familiar with the device as he stepped forward, studying it.

View attachment 5863

"Emperor be praised, the bears on Asgard had the decency to remain silent," Titus remarked with a grimace, turning back towards his allies. "There is little tactical value in splitting up, but it would appear we have no other options. Revan is no fool, I'll grant him that... but the very air is thick with deception. I've a bad feeling about this."

Almost as if to make an example of his point, the space marine slammed a fresh clip into his storm bolter, eliciting a satisfying mechanical pop from the weapon. He stomped over to the right end of the room in Riesbyfe's growing team. "I'll join the right side. Remind yourselves that this is no game, brothers and sisters. Walk softly and keep a weapon in arms reach, for the enemy will not go quietly."

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Capri @Right

Deoxys watched the hologram lights flicker and dance before it's unblinking gaze. Try as it might, the phrenic atmosphere in the room was being choked by some unnatural force. The void of psychic presence beyond these thick walls was as empty as the space outside the station. Either nothing in this Star Forge could think, or Revan was more powerful than Deoxys initially expected.

View attachment 5864

Nevertheless, the alien stirred, floating across the tiled floor to Touma's side of the room. "I will join Touma Kamijou."

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Capri @Minerva @Left​

cy0ckrl.png

xJrhKow.png

1588116393312.png

"... No pressure,"
he said.

FWOOSH!

DbYG3Ud.png

Chapter Eight
"Like Two Peas in a Pod"

4S7NT2W.jpg

"Lucas."

01UlUg8.jpg

mppHROb.jpg

CHARACTER LIST

They had some rather colorful foes, that was for sure. When it came time to split up, Chise took a look at the map.

A death game? Was their trap to separate them and try to pick them off? She went to join the group on the left.

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Crunch @Minerva @Yun Lee @Capri @Left

That bear seemed more of an annoyance than anything else. Keeping in mind that if it was part of the enemy's forces than defeating would probably be no easy feat. Shigure quietly joined those on the right side.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Capri @Atomic Knight @Crunch @Right

cy0ckrl.png

xJrhKow.png

1588116393312.png

"... No pressure,"
he said.

FWOOSH!

DbYG3Ud.png

Chapter Eight
"Like Two Peas in a Pod"

4S7NT2W.jpg

"Lucas."

01UlUg8.jpg

mppHROb.jpg

CHARACTER LIST

"Bold words coming from a man who looks like he's drenched in piss," Bayonetta remarked to Lucas comment. Ugh, Bayonetta had heard about these situations around the water cooler in the MEU and the Coalition and she knew then and there that she had no interest in dealing with any of it. "Well...let's get this over, shall we?" Bayonetta headed down the right path to see they were going to be up against.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Capri @Atomic Knight @Crunch @Right

"So uh..." Frank meanwhile just looked awkwardly around. "What's stopping us to just blast this place to bits?" He decided to head down the left path though. "Though I suppose cheating is a bit against the game..."

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Crunch @Minerva @Yun Lee @Capri @Left

"Why do we even have to split up?" Alvin asked. "That's playing right into their hands."

"Perhaps, but..." Julius examined the holographic map further. "Seems both directions are missing sections, making it unclear if either is even the right way."

Alvin sighed. "Still seems not ideal."

"Of course not," Milla said. "But time is of the essence and there is little choice in the matter."

Alvin could not argue there.

The left path led down a dark, twisting hallway where very little could be heard.

ZICTjOr.jpg

Everyone was quiet as they came toward the first door that could be opened, revealing some kind of laboratory. It was a small space, clean and sterile. A couple cabinets lined one wall while on the other was a wall of what appeared to be medical diagrams. There was a raised table made of stainless steel with small closed cabinets underneath it. In two corners of the room were a plant and a water cooler.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Capri @Crunch @Takumi @Jeremi @Minerva @Left

The right path led to an open chamber, but there was not much to see. Only one door was able to be opened from here.

J4OdjkC.jpg

Beyond the door was a metal staircase that led to a catwalk over a steep drop. A little while further, the group found another room, but this one was small and appeared to be modified.

There were a large number of doors but all were locked. On a metal table in the middle of the room was what appeared to be a key card.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Capri @Crunch @Takumi @Jeremi @Right

Deoxys entered the room alongside the rest of its contingent, floating centimeters above the floor and turning slightly around at the clean, sterile walls lining the chamber. This sort of environment seemed eerily familiar.

"A laboratory of some kind," it thought out loud, moving towards the medical diagrams on the wall and studying them inquisitively. They were presumably depicting human anatomy. "An empty laboratory. I cannot sense any living organisms in this room. It is unlikely Revan is conducting active research with this facility as there is no indication of the present staff."

The entity turned slowly towards the cabinets on the other end of the room - the ones that FF was not already rummaging through, anyway. It passively waved a tentacle in their direction. The cabinet doors suddenly opened on their own, a slight buzzing noise permeating the air between them.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Capri @Takumi @Jeremi @Minerva @TheLeft
FOO FIGHTERS
@Ver @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Crunch @Takumi @Jeremi @Minerva
@TheLeft

FF cautiously entered the room, inspecting every cabinet she could with her gun hand on the ready.

LITTLE MY
@Ver @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Crunch @Jeremi @Takumi
@TheRight

“Wait a second... I think this could be a trap...” Little My said, “Placing something we obviously need conveniently on a table...”

The metal catwalk groaned beneath his immense weight as Titus lurched around the room like a searching predator, running his eyes along with the corners of the room and clutching his chainsword in his free hand. The space marine turned towards the rest of his allies once it was clear they were at a dead end. He glanced down at Little My.

Compared to Titus, the little one may as well have been a cockroach. Titus wordlessly reminded himself not to step on her as they proceed throughout the facility accidentally. She was like... what did the Orks call them? A grot? But less green.

"Wise, little one, very wise,"
he complimented her with a nod, now looking at the keycard. "The bear referred to this as a 'game.' It's not unreasonable to assume they're leading us along a pre-determined path. Too simple to lead us straight into a trap, as well."

"These doors are sealed tight. We could breach them with force, but there is no telling what defensive systems this station has in place to prevent tampering. Hmm. An earnest tech-priest would be welcome right about now..."
the captain turned to those present. "I don't imagine any of you are experienced in the ways of the machine."

@Ver @Yun Lee @Capri @Crunch @Takumi @Jeremi @Right​

The cabinets were largely bare, though inside was a beaker, a magnifying glass, and a piece of paper. On the piece of paper was 80 + 10.

"My memories of the Baker house are pretty jumbled up," Makoto said. "But I recall Lucas was apparently fond of escape rooms..."

Absently, Byakuya stood with his arms crossed, examining the room. "Reminds me of the school. The one within the Dark Place." Makoto turned to him, looking interested. Those events were not something Byakuya spoke of often. Instead of saying more, the Ultimate Affluent Progeny silently examined the medical diagrams.

Julius was looking over the water cooler. "Any correlation with the rest of the room...?" he asked himself.

Part of the wall in the room moved, revealing a screen set into the wall. It came to life, revealing Monokuma. The bear was alone.

s7qCd7q.png

"You better bearlieve you can't just break those doors down!" he quipped cheerily. The bear then eyed Frank. "And what kind of place would this be if any of you had the power to just rip it apart? No place I'd want to be, that's for sure!"

Ludger ignored Monokuma and examined the table while Alvin was looking over the doors.

"What if we refuse to play?" Milla asked. "We could just wait here, could we not?" Whether it was a bluff or not was unclear.

Monokuma just shook his head. "And what kind of fun is there in that, huh? While you chumps sit there twiddling your thumbs, you're just gonna let Revan do whatever he wants? Why, that'd make you guys just as bad as he is... maybe even worse..."

Jude sighed. "Milla, there's no point in talking to him. He never gives anything straight."

"Do I even know you?" Monokuma asked, looking at Jude. "I'll give you the deal, straight in the jaw! Games can be won, you know. If you win, you get to face the big bad himself! So, really, what better odds do you have? Do nothing and eventually, you know, die, or just play and maybe something good will happen!"

Monokuma paused.

"Just pick up the damn key card!"

Milla, deciding to take the burden, picked up the card.

Monokuma's tone shifted quickly. "Good! Now, you see those doors? There's only ten of them, right? Well, inside each is a small room that'll scan your bodies. You know, do a full-body, thorough examination!"

3MUS1ns.png

Monokuma almost seemed to be sweating suddenly. "It'll look you bastards over, then once it's determined one person is in each room, all ten will pass! Got it? Or do you small, pea-brained chumps need professor Monokuma to go over it again?"

Jude quickly turned to Milla. "Milla, if one of us has to sit out, I think it should be you. Right now, you're more important than all of us."

Milla seemed unsure. "Perhaps, Jude, but..."

The cabinets were largely bare, though inside was a beaker, a magnifying glass, and a piece of paper. On the piece of paper was 80 + 10.

"My memories of the Baker house are pretty jumbled up," Makoto said. "But I recall Lucas was apparently fond of escape rooms..."

Absently, Byakuya stood with his arms crossed, examining the room. "Reminds me of the school. The one within the Dark Place." Makoto turned to him, looking interested. Those events were not something Byakuya spoke of often. Instead of saying more, the Ultimate Affluent Progeny silently examined the medical diagrams.

Julius was looking over the water cooler. "Any correlation with the rest of the room...?" he asked himself.

Part of the wall in the room moved, revealing a screen set into the wall. It came to life, revealing Monokuma. The bear was alone.

s7qCd7q.png

"You better bearlieve you can't just break those doors down!" he quipped cheerily. The bear then eyed Frank. "And what kind of place would this be if any of you had the power to just rip it apart? No place I'd want to be, that's for sure!"

Ludger ignored Monokuma and examined the table while Alvin was looking over the doors.

"What if we refuse to play?" Milla asked. "We could just wait here, could we not?" Whether it was a bluff or not was unclear.

Monokuma just shook his head. "And what kind of fun is there in that, huh? While you chumps sit there twiddling your thumbs, you're just gonna let Revan do whatever he wants? Why, that'd make you guys just as bad as he is... maybe even worse..."

Jude sighed. "Milla, there's no point in talking to him. He never gives anything straight."

"Do I even know you?" Monokuma asked, looking at Jude. "I'll give you the deal, straight in the jaw! Games can be won, you know. If you win, you get to face the big bad himself! So, really, what better odds do you have? Do nothing and eventually, you know, die, or just play and maybe something good will happen!"

Monokuma paused.

"Just pick up the damn key card!"

Milla, deciding to take the burden, picked up the card.

Monokuma's tone shifted quickly. "Good! Now, you see those doors? There's only ten of them, right? Well, inside each is a small room that'll scan your bodies. You know, do a full-body, thorough examination!"

3MUS1ns.png

Monokuma almost seemed to be sweating suddenly. "It'll look you bastards over, then once it's determined one person is in each room, all ten will pass! Got it? Or do you small, pea-brained chumps need professor Monokuma to go over it again?"

Jude quickly turned to Milla. "Milla, if one of us has to sit out, I think it should be you. Right now, you're more important than all of us."

Milla seemed unsure. "Perhaps, Jude, but..."

"An escape room..." Chise muttered to herself as she took a look at the paper while Foo Fighters went to fill the beaker.

If that was the case, then they needed to do something specific to advance, right?

@Atomic Knight @Capri @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Crunch @Ver @Minerva @Left

FOO FIGHTERS
@Ver @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Crunch @Takumi @Jeremi @Minerva @Left

“Oooh! I got an idea!” FF said, taking the beaker and bringing it over to the cooler.

She pressed the button and filled it up with water.

Water...

LITTLE MY
@Ver @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Crunch @Takumi @Jeremi
@Right

Little My reluctantly got herself off of Ries and got on the table

“I’m almost certain that the person who’ll be left behind will die, so I call not being it!”

That bear was weird. If Little My turned out to be right, then would leaving Milla be wide? Though if there was some twist to this trap, whoever is left behind could be fine while the rest are put in danger. Either way, this all seemed like a bad idea. What were they being scanned for, anyway?

"If that's the case, I don't mind staying behind. We won't know until it's over, however." He muttered. He had a really bad feeling about this whole 'game', and the thought of a damn bear thinking it was fun to potentially play with other's lives was upsetting.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Crunch @Jeremi @Capri @Right

The water cooler was not working, for whatever reason.

"Why don't you try pulling off the jug?" Makoto asked.

Julius attempted to do so, but found it was a waste of effort. "No good."

@Ver @Yun Lee @Capri @Crunch @Takumi @Jeremi @Minerva @Lucky @Left

Milla shook her head. "We do not know which action is dangerous or whether both are dangerous, so assuming one is the safer just can not be done. I will simply sit out and hopefully I will be reunited with you all soon."

The ten going were Little My, Riesbyfe, Titus, Shigure, Frank, Libra, Billy, Ludger, Alvin, and Jude.

Milla used the key card to allow them inside. The doors did not close behind them until it detected all ten were in. Milla disappeared from view as the doors closed and a bright light circled around everyone.

After a few moments, the rooms began to move about rapidly. Up, down, left, right. They spun around and rumbled, tossing each occupant around until they had absolutely no idea what direction was where. Then, finally, the rooms stopped moving and the doors opposite the ones they entered opened to a small, narrow hall lit by a neon blue light.

Each occupant was alone with their own narrow hallway.

"Get moving!" came Monokuma's voice and each occupant was pushed into the hall. In front of each of them appeared a dark figure. Upon examination, each figure was quite clearly some type of monster covered in dark fur and claws. It stood at the end of the hall, writhing, its bloodshot eyes staring each occupant down. It looked ready to attack.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Capri @Crunch @Takumi @Jeremi @Lucky @Right

Last edited:
Severa went over to the plant to see if it had any use other than decoration. Ugh, these stupid creeps and their death traps! This was like that stupid time loop city all over again...except without cute clothes and chocolate to make it less awful.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Capri @Crunch @Takumi @Jeremi @Minerva @Lucky @Left

---

Libra felt sick to his stomach, the way he'd been tossed around inside that room. But now out in the hall, he gritted his teeth, preparing...he didn't know. His head was still spinning. He readied his axe, surrendering the first move to his beast in order to give himself a few presious seconds to recover.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Capri @Crunch @Takumi @Jeremi @Lucky @Right

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back