Ame Damnee Fighting Pits

Calm opens up the door, and walks in. Apparently she came in at a bad time as she could see the boss's stress on her face. It would be wise for her to not linger. She takes out the charter and Silver Sapphire Necklace. "The deed you have requested is now done. We are now the proud owners of the first few shipments of ore being paid for by a dead man. Also I stole this from his chambers. This might be worth something to the right people or as a memento of my recruitment here." She lays down the charter and the necklace on the table. "Now if you excuse me I shall take my leave." She respectfully bows to the boss before taking her leave. Now that she was done, she now needs to check in with Wolf. If memory serves he was still at the hospital, probably worrying where she was at that point. She takes her leave from the Underground and makes her way towards the hospital.

Devon Ironsides - Devon's office

As the knock resounded throughout his office, Devon grew quite annoyed. Letting out a grunt of frustration as the new Assassin made her report about finishing her mission and left as quickly as she came in. "Where's the feckin' master of the kill when you need em!" He shouted after the recruit was gone. "Can't have one good conversation without gettin' interrupted. If Artymities shows up I'm kickin' his arse to kingdom come!"

Letting out a sigh, Devon downed the rest of his brandy and began pouring another glass. "It ain't doing ya well Minnie. Being holed up like this. I may be at home underground but you, not so much. The surface is ripe with opportunity, I say let's send some spies in an' figure out the Warden's next move. From there, we'll make our plan, and get ya even more power than ya coulda imagined. Whaddya say?"

Minerva chuckled a little at Devon's sudden outburst. She could honestly say she felt the same, but was too exhausted to vocalize her amusement. "I couldn't have agreed more," Minerva spoke, drinking the rest of her brandy and sitting it down on the desk. "Perhaps, I could go out as well and use my time above ground to clear my mind a bit and create something of substance."

Devon Ironsides - Devon's Office

Devon chuckled a little bit as a thought crept into his mind. "Well ya know if you need yer head cleared, either me and Dot could take care of that." It wasn't often that he gave a care about sex. Normally no one would be worth the effort. However Devon's found that the one thing he appreciates is loyalty, that to him is sexier than any physical feature, and Minerva's always been one hell of a loyal friend to him. The two of them and Dot pretty much built this era of the Underground by themselves, turning it from a loose collection of rabble rousers into an underground empire.

Finishing his second glass, he put it down and looked at Minerva with an uncharacteristic seriousness. "Creatin' somethin' a substance is your specialty Minnie. Jus' watch yer back up there. Word tells that there fellow Raakshdos is one scary gobshite. Steer clear a' him fer now."

Minerva smirked lightly at his playful tone. "Perhaps if I didn't feel so tired all of a sudden, something could be arranged later at a given date," she lazily responded back. Devon's sudden seriousness, however, had her a bit startled for a moment. Her eyebrows rose. He knew she was careful... "Raakshdos, hmm." She pondered the name for a moment, unable to truly concentrate. "I've heard of him. He's just another warden they all bow down to. I'll be fine."

Devon Ironsides - Fighting Pits

Devon frowned at how out of it Minerva seemed to be. She was normally fierce, unstoppable. It seemed like all the pressures were finally starting to get to her. "Talk te me Minnie. What's botherin' ya? Whatever it is ye can tell ol' Ironsides." He tried to keep lighthearted but something told him this was more serious than she was letting on.

Minerva simply gave the dwarf a small smile and held out her empty glass. "More brandy please." She shook her head at his statement, chuckling in amusement to try and keep her spirits up. "It's just been a long day, Devon. Can't believe I had to sacrifice the old man, but he deserved it nonetheless. I'll send out some spies in a couple days time and we can really get down to business. After some rest, I'll be good as new."

Devon looked at her suspiciously before deciding to let the matter drop. He filled up her glass again before filling his up for the third time. "That blighter never was bright was he? Whole reason he was forced inta Oblitus in the firs' place was because he thought he could take on a Warden by himself. Lad musta been three feet tall back then. He had great fire, jus' didn't know when to keep his yap shut."

He sighed in what seemed like lament. "Waste a talent really." Then downed his third drink. Not giving even the slightest hint of inebriation.

Minerva was silently grateful Devon didn't push the subject. She was unsure whether or not to bring it up, in her defense. It was just not something she was interested in talking about when so much had happened already. Minerva gestured thanks to her friend and nodded in agreement. "It is a shame, but now that he's no longer with us, I can focus on more important matters." She downed the cup of Brandy and gestured for another. "Like, playing a game." She fished out a few coins from her side pouch and tossed them on the desk. "Show me your wares, sir."

Last edited:

Devon's smile grew wide as she brought out the money. "Now yer speakin' me language Minnie!" He said as he poured her a third glass of Brandy. He finished his third and quickly poured a fourth. He always played better with a buzz. He quickly shuffled the deck a couple more times and then dealt them each two cards. Looking at his hand he saw that he had a three of spades and a four of hearts. Making a noncommittal grunt he tapped his two fingers on the table indicating that he'd checked his turn over to Minerva.

As she looked at her hand he brought out his gambling sack and started stacking up coins. "With that private meetin' comin' up, we'll probably be needin' an update on that little puppy Dot brought home. If she's learnin' anythin' or if Dot's just goin' soft on us."

Minerva took a glance at her own cards- a two of spades and a seven of hearts. She pondered for a moment, then opened the bet with three copper coins and one silver coin. "Dot going soft? She knows better. That girl is going to be more traumatized than anything else. Who knows how she'll end."

Devon smirked as the woman placed her bet. Betting the same amount, he then turned over three more cards, the flop. The five of diamonds, ace of spades and queen of hearts. Trying to conceal his disappointment he checked again. Taking another swig of brandy he laughed at Minerva's comment. "Aye, and if that happens, the girl's as good as dead. Speakin' of dead, did that bugger Taran die without me knowin'? Haven' seen the blighter all damn week!"

"He's been away on business," Minerva responded coolly, emptying her third cup of brandy. "He'll be back soon." I hope. She raised the bet one silver coin on the pile and tapped on the edge of her empty cup. "It's been two days, I think? I'm not sure. I forgot. Oh, but he knows I'll get onto him. I always do when he's gone for longer than he gives me." She grinned.

Devon Ironsides - Fighting Pits

Devon called Minerva's bet, placing a silver on the table. Filling up both glasses again before flipping over the next card, also known as the river. It was the two of spades. Devon smirked slightly. He'd gotten a straight, he only hoped that Minerva didn't have as much luck. He bet five silver before sitting back and downing his fifth glass of brandy. "Well good on ya then. I swear it feels like tha' man works only for himself sometimes."

Minerva tried not to chew on her bottom lip. Two pair. That was rather depressing. How long had it been since Devon taught her how to play this game and how many times had he beat her? She decided to check. Something about the next move didn't feel right. "I'll send someone after him." She took a drink of her brandy, wishing she could she could get tipsy faster. "After this round, I'll take my leave."

Last edited:
Devon Ironsides - Fighting pits

Devon flipped over the final card, revealing the nine of clubs. They finished their last round of betting before showing their cards, Devon with a straight and Minerva with two pair. "Ha, firs' win goes to me! One a these days you'll get me Minnie, don't you worry." They continued to drink and play, making small talk on various topics, at one point in their game, Minerva had called a servant to bring Taran in so they could have that chat she'd alluded to earlier.

An hour later, Devon had outplayed her and taken most of the contents of her coin pouch, the bottle of Brandy was empty, and Taran still hadn't arrived. Feeling a bit tipsy after about thirteen glasses full of brandy, Devon let loose again. "Dammit! Where's that gobshite anyhow? That bloodsucker needs ta learn how ta take feckin' orders or he'll find himself looking like Cryker before too long."

Minerva sighed, feeling a calm euphoria slip over. She stood up and smiled at Devon's outburst. Eleven glasses and she was feeling a little woozy. "Leave it. I'll deal with him. He'll be back tomorrow or I'll send some hellhounds or something. Enjoy your coins." Minerva took her leave and left for her bed chambers.

As Devon sat alone in his office, counting up his current winnings from his game of Minerva, he felt a familiar sense of paranoia roll up his spine. Three unexpected things happened today, an old member showed up and disrespected his leader, a master came home with a puppy dog for an apprentice which unintentionally disrespected his leader, and another master deliberately disobeyed an order from Minerva, disrespecting his leader. He needed to take one of his unscheduled patrols around the underground to make sure there was no uprising being planned. Anyone who tried to take on the boss wouldn't live past tomorrow. He decided to head to the first place he knew was a magnet for trouble, The Brothel.

Devon Ironsides - Entering the Fighting Pits

He'd let various guards know to tell Dot that Devon was looking after her apprentice in his office, leading the girl down the spiral staircase into his home turf. By the time they'd reached his office, her head was almost completely visible. "Grab a seat pup. Just don't sit there, there, or there." He pointed to his office chair, his poker chair, and Minerva's poker chair respectively. Taking a seat in his poker chair, he opened up a second bottle of brandy and poured it into two glasses, one for him and one for her.

"Drink up. It'll calm your nerves. This world preys on the weak, and so far you've shown nothin' but feckin' weakness. Where'd you even come from? Not many innocent girls like you choose ta come Underground."

@Trust

Last edited:
Priscilla Shaw
Priscilla allowed herself to be led by the small dwarf, feeling strangely like a parent being dragged around by a child, but in this case, the child would most likely have enough strength to break her ribcage with a pinky finger. "I'm from Abbadon, and give me a break, walking from there to New Eden was not an easy task, not to mention I was attacked by a zombies and was probably about to be eaten by a vampire and werewolf. I may not be strong by your standards, but I'm surprised I survived this long.." Priscilla answered, eyeing the brownish liquid carefully before taking a small sip, she partially recoiled at the taste, she hadn't tasted alcohol since she was a child, and even then, that had only been a drop of wine in a glass of water. "I don't drink much alcohol.." Priscilla mumbled modestly, placing the drink down again on the table.
"Also, I don't think I have clothes." She mumbled as her neck slowly came into vision, patches of her skin appeared to be burnt, she hadn't felt much pain from the painkiller Dot had given her, but now they were beginning to sting quite vigorously

Back