Ame Damnee Fighting Pits

Devon Ironsides - Devon's Office

Devon let out an exasperated sigh. This girl came in as nothing but skin and bones and seems to have already been burnt, turned invisible and molested all on her first day in the Underground. He went and grabbed one of his cloaks from a rack in the corner and threw it at her. "There. Might not cover everythin', but at least it'll cover the bits that people like Artimeties will be gawkin' at." He sat back down and began shuffling his deck of cards to keep his hands busy.

"Yer sayin' you trekked all the way through Oblitus, from Abaddon, only to wind up elbows deep in zombies and daemons?" Devon cackled at the girl's misfortune. "Pup, lemme tell ya, you got some real shite luck. Imma warn ya though, the Underground has daemons too. None of them are gonna eat ya unless they want to feel Minerva's wrath, but if yer gonna survive down here, ya gotta lose the pout and start standin' up straight. Ya survived this long didn't ya? Take some pride in that and smack around all the blighters that talk down to ya. It's what I did and look at me now."

Priscilla Shaw
Priscilla wrapped herself up in the robe, peeking down through the neck-hole she had created as her body was slowly dissolving back into the world, it had just about reached her ribs. "Thank you." Priscilla grinned grimly, as she bundled up. "They better not.. I'm not healthy for them." She giggled. "It's not that I don't try, but I'm a disabled person in terms of abilities, I mean, you punched that guy into the floor! And he got back up seconds later! I'd break from a punch like that!" Priscilla laughed, it felt slightly ridiculous that she was even in here with one of them. "I can't be you, I mean, there is probably some way like possession or something, but I can't be like you, I'll never be as strong." Priscilla said with honesty

"Tsk tsk tsk" Devon shook his head. The girl's pessimistic attitude was starting to grind his gears. If she really had no talent, Dot wouldn't have brought her here, he knew it, Minerva knows it. He just had to make her see it. "It aint all about brute strength Pup. When ya have the ability to stop time like I do, ya learn strategy. You don't have me bulk, but you've yer own advantages. Speed, dexterity, both of which will be enhanced in trainin'."

He used his eye to appraise her face. "Yer cute too, can use that natural charm ta help ya in a pinch. Then, there's your ability, what sets you apart from the rest. I stop time, Arty's got those feckin' weird holes, what do you have? Where do yer talent's lie? He hadn't felt this way in a long time. He felt like a mentor, felt like she was as much his charge as she was Dot's. It felt good.

Priscilla Shaw
"I am an alchemist. I make stuff using circles." Priscilla smiled shyly, her eyes drifting back down to the bronze liquid. "... And looking pretty won't save me from angry targets, I guess I'm pretty fast if I'm not busy starving, and I've gotten by through stealing, and that's all there really is. I'm not able to uplift trees with my mind, or cause fires by thinking about it, I'm just sorta... Meh, at most." Priscilla grumbled, curling up and huggingnher knees, neglecting to bring up the mass of silver and bromze coins she had on her person that had been stolen from the various guards around the place while she had been invisible. Force of habit. "Besides, I don't even know the real purpose of why I'm here, I was just asked if I wanted to learn how to make poisons and boom, hidden underground organisation that will slit my throat if they don't trust me, not a great start." Priscilla drifted off, finding the liquid she had been staring at strangely mesmerising before her mind suddenly brought her back to reality and she remembered who she was talking to. "Oh! Sorry, I.. Uh.. Meant some other.. organisation.. that uh.. Is also under.. ground..." Priscilla panicked, slowly drifting off as she realised just how unconvincing her statement was sounding.

He laughed at her wording. The kid was adorable. "It's alright lass, yer not wrong. That little display Raven put on was probably yer firs' impression of us aye? Rest assured that's a rare occurrence round here, and you've given me no reason to distrust you so far." He put his cards down and walked over to her, pushing the drink further towards her. "Gets better with taste, trust an expert."

He stands there looking up at her, a big grin on his face. "So, alchemist eh? We don't have one a those round 'ere, yer standin' out already. So pup, what kinda things can ya make with yer circles? I'm sure we could make a badarse outta you yet if we knew what we had ta work with."

Priscilla Shaw
"I can make a sword out of a hunk o' iron without the need for fire, I can destroy a wall and rebuild it in a few seconds, I could mix almost anything together and move things to my will, the only thing is, I need to draw the circles, and they're tough enough to draw, they have to be perfect, otherwise nothing happens." Priscilla explained, pickinf the drink up again and sipping the slightest amount out of it, still un-used to the taste. "Sounds easy enough, but not practical in dire situations, and one other thing, biological alchemy is a no. Not because I'm incapable, but because I wouldn't want to see the results, so keep it quiet, please?" Priscilla asked cautiously as the remnants of her body popped into existence, her bare, blackened feet sticking out from below the robe and her singed head poking out from above. "I'm basically just another potion-maker, I can't find any use for it outside of mixing things together." Priscilla chuckled, rubbing the back of her head as she bobbed up and down from the laughs spawning from her chest.

"Ay they may not be practical if yer drawin' them in real time. But they're perfect fer settin' traps and the like. The mixin' of things together sounds perfect fer one of Dot's poison makers. Ya gotta have more faith in yer abilities pup." Devon tilted her chin up and gave her a genuine smile. "Ya got a lotta heart in there, ya just need ta find that fire. And if any of these gobshites down here try ta mess with ya, you give old Uncle Devon a call and we'll straighten things out." He chuckled, cracking his knuckles.

Priscilla Shaw
"I guess so, Thank you mr. Devon." Priscilla smiled, she kinda just wanted to avoid conflict if she could help it, but it appeared that it was unlikely that she would not have to fight. "All I know is that I'll try to survive, after all, survival instinct is the strongest ability and mortal can have! When times or desperate, we just rise to the occasion!" Priscilla smiled, performing a small fist pump to emphasise her words. This drawf seemed kind enough, nicer than some of the other people she had met already, that had already seemed too keen to show just how much they didn't want her here or did not approve of Dot's choice of an apprentice, but it seemed like everything was going to turn out OK.

Devon Ironsides - Fighting Pits

The old dwarf smiled at the apprentices words. "That's the spirit, pup. Keep up that attitude and use your head, and you'll make it far down 'ere." He sat down in his chair and started shuffling his cards again. "So while we wait fer dot to come get ya, ya play cards? I'll teach ya if yer willin' ta bet all them coins I heard rustlin' the whole way 'ere."

Priscilla Shaw
"Sure, I'd better get rid of these coins anyway, and it's never too bad to learn something new!" Priscilla smiled, happy at the prospect of learning something interesting instead of more plants. She scattered the large amount of coins on the table in-front of her, grinning at her accomplishment of stealing from so many people. "What mess it'll be once Dot gets here.. Nothing quite like having your student try exploring alone on their first day, probably. How do you think she'll react?" Shaw wondered aloud, looking up at the roof as though it held the answers.

"Don't worry, she gets mad, I'll put in a good word for ya, pup." He said as he laid out two cards for both of them. "Must say, I'm impressed that you managed to pick pocket so many of our men. Even bein' invisible, that shite takes some feckin' quick hands." He laughed. For the next hour or so, Devon showed her the ropes on how to play poker. She was a smart kid and picked up on the game quickly. He took it easy on the newbie and actually lost a couple of games. By the end of the hour, Priscilla had lost more money than she'd won. "Eh, don't worry pup. Not many can take on a poker master like me." Devon boasted proudly.

Priscilla Shaw
Priscilla laughed at everything during their games, win or loss, she found the whole thing fun. "It's been years since I've played a game of any kind!" She giggled happily, this being the second time she had smiled since coming here, the first time being when she had recieved the dress from the vampire she was beginning to feel a little sad about. "Maybe she.. No.. She's a vampire, that's her nature.. Right?" Priscilla mumbled to herself, not entirely paying attention as the dwarf seemed to be talking about himself. "Thieving has practically been my life, Alchemy hasn't proved very useful in terms of profit, I left school early to steal simply because we needed the money and have been doing it since. Practically second-nature now." Priscilla explained, bringing herself back to reality, she knew a great many of utile things, but having fun had never truly been one of them. "I guess betting is your second-nature, then?" She grinned before pulling out her small chunk of chalk, leaning to the ground, still shielding her body from view with the cloth and drew her usual alchemy circle. "Spin around, would you?"

Devon was indeed a gambling man. Always willing to try anything at least once. So he downed the rest of his drink and turned around like Priscilla asked him to. "If this turns me into one a those feckin' toads, I'm gonna hurt ya pup." He said humorously. He couldn't bring himself to harm this precious child even if he wanted too.

Priscilla Shaw
"Oh please, I'm an alchemist, not a magician. Even I couldn't make you that pretty." Priscilla joked before tossing the bundle of cloth on the ground and hovering her hand over it. After a brief moment, a small flash of light and a strange crackling sound, the robe seemed to have become a pair of feasible clothes, resembling those of which were used for travelling frequently, which Priscilla tended to do. She pulled the clothes on with a smile and grinned at the dwarf. "You can turn 'round now, I'm gonna keep your robe if you don't mind." Priscilla giggled, returning to her seat

He could see the flash of light from the corners of his eyes and when she told him to turn around, he was shocked to find her in a brand new set of clothes. Looking her up and down with an impressed whistle, he could see that the frame matched the cuteness of her face. She'd need to be careful, else some of the more lustful men will take an interest, and Devon doubted she'd want to fight them off.

"Mighty impressive trick there lass. Also who're you callin' ugly? You see this feckin' face? You compare it to a normal dwarf and I'm damn beautiful!" He said with a chuckle, returning to his seat. "So, what'll be next fer ya pup? If yer not doin' things fer dot, you've gotta have hobbies. Whether it be me fight club, the brothel, though that's probably not yer scene, the trainin' hall or somethin' topside. What are ye gonna do?"

Priscilla Shaw
Priscilla grinned her pride in response to the compliment for a brief moment. "Thanks." She smiled softly, her eyes looking gently towards the ground in embarrassment. "My capabilities are somewhat useless most of the time, so it's kinda strange having someone compliment them.." she mumbled before listening to him further. "Well, you're not quite so handsome as some human guys, but you're a hell of a lot nicer, you'd be surprised how often you get overlooked if you're watching them from a meter away caked in dirt, they wouldn't even spare a glance, which makes them easier to steal from." Shaw said maliciously, slight bitterness tainting her tongue before disappearing again at the thought of hobbies. "Hobbies..? Never had any, I've always worked for something or ofher.. And.. Well, what a lady does is her own business!" She half-blushed, thinking briefly of the brothel she had visited, she shook her head in annoyance with herself. "I'll.. check out your fight club, I won't be any good for fighting, but I might catch something from watching, Dot seems to want me to be able to defend myself just in case.. Am I going to be an assassin..?" Priscilla pondered aloud, taking another sip from the liquid she didn't like all too keenly, but tasting it seemed to help her concentrate a bit.

Devon Ironsides - Devon's office

He laughed at hearing Priscilla mention how easy it is to steal from people. "Aye, yer a girl from me same cut of cloth. Let's just say I've a soft spot in me heart for the underdogs, seein' as I used ta be one meself. Ya never have ta participate in the club, if yer gamblin' on who's gonna win, yer still havin' fun, and helpin' me out along the way. As fer whether or not yer gonna be an assassin, I wouldn't bet money on it, pup. Dot's Master of Poison, not Master of the Kill. More likely prospect is that she's gonna use yer talent fer mixin' things ta create more effective poisons fer us to kill people with." He said it nonchalantly, as if it were all just another day for the underground, which to him it was.

Priscilla Shaw
"Oh, I see." Priscilla smiled, happy that she wasn't going to be ending anyone's life on a daily basis, but slightly disappointed at how boring her actual role sounded, 'What do you do?' "I make poisons" priscilla thought to herself in a hypothetical conversation. 'What do you do?" "I am the apprentice of a legendary master and have been trained for murder, I could kill a man without him noticing, I could break into anything and break out again without a sweat, I've been to prison and broken out with nothing but a thread of fabric". Priscilla sighed dreamily, slightly jealous of whoever the Master of kill's apprentice was. "That uh.. Doesn't sound all too exciting." The crimson-haired eighteen year-old laughed. "I've never been much for betting, but It would be interesting to watch." Priscilla grinned awkwardly. "So what do you do? Apart from run the fight club?" Priscilla questioned, a single finger slipping up to her cheek as her eyes rested upon the roof, she had forgotten that they were far underground somehow, it was just surprisingly lively, more-like an old castle rather than a prison, like she had initially thought.

Devon Ironsides - Devon's office

"I wouldn't be too sure about that, pup. If yer invisible escapade was anything to go by. As for me, aside from bein' the underground's most proficient gambler, I'm also an enforcer. Minerva's top enforcer actually. If she needs some trash taken outta the underground but is too busy to do it herself, she calls me in." Cracking his knuckles for emphasis, he smiled as he thought of Minnie. "You could say Minerva and I have a long history together."

Priscilla Shaw
"Minerva? I think I met her earlier. I couldn't tell if she liked me or not, she seemed to be more focused on Dot at the time.." Priscilla sighed, she had tried her hardest and practically everyone had treated her like some sort of wounded animal, apart from Dot and This dwarf, at least they dignified her enough. "Hmm... I don't think I've seen any orher apprentices since I've been here... Are there any others? Do you have one? And if so.. Are any of them.. Well, like me? Just sort of picked off the streets and somewhat.. Well, no offence, but more normal?" Priscilla suddenlys asked, the idea pringing to mind of a sudden and exciting her slightly.

Back