Ame Damnee Fighting Pits

Devon Ironsides

Devon nodded at her question. "Aye, we've all had apprentices every now and again. Fer more long lived races like me and Dot, we've outlived them. In other cases they got themselves in a whole heapin' of shite and wound up dyin'. Or in rare cases, they betray the underground. You saw that happen yesterday with the last apprentice I ever took, Cryker Reywynn. Lad had so much promise till he got the bright idea to stab a warden. He gets sent to hike through Oblitus fer 100 feckin' years and the moment he gets back, ya know what the blighter does? Bad mouths Minnie. Needless to say, he's no longer a problem."

He stopped himself as he started feeling angrier. The fool was dead, he made sure of it. No use worrying about the past. "As fer the other masters, cant say they have any current apprentices. As fer normal, ye should no by now there's no such thing as normal in Terrestria pup. Though I'm sure ya can find someone more yer speed down 'ere somewhere. Just gotta look in the right place."

Priscilla Shaw
"Minnie..? Oh, you mean Master Minerva, I better not use that around her.. Also, how old are you exactly?" Priscilla mumbled, slightly worried she might let slip the name during a conversation simply due to how cute it sounded. "I-I'm eighteen, so technically an adult, turned it right before I went into Oblitus." Priscilla added quickly in an attempt to coax out his age. "Hmm.. Minerva doesn't.. Seem to take bad manners well.. I guess I'll just try to stay quiet." Priscilla mumbled, unable to stop the foreboding feeling that was rising up in her chest. Although she wasn't going to admit it, This "Minerva" seemed rather terrifying, and although they had met, the leader had been rather distracted at the time. "Do you.. Mind looking out for me a little? Dot seems a little off, and although she's nice, I don't know if she's someone I'd consider responsible. After all, she chose me as an apprentice over some silly ability I have. Don't worry, I won't go around stabbing angels or threatening people, the most I'll do is maybe have a money bag missing a few coins, just not from her. That sounds fair, right? And if you need help with anything, I guess I can be.. Cute..? If I have to? Hmph. Priscilla asked shyly, twiddling her thumbs in an awkward manner as she essentially asked for help.

Devon Ironsides - Devon's Office

Devon let out a boisterous laugh at the child's awkwardness, she was rather adorable. "18 eh? That would still put me over 200 years older than ya. I'm 235 and still in the prime of me life! Smart not to call her Minnie, I reckon me and Dot are the only ones who can get away with that. Three of us have been together almost 150 years now. As fer looking out, ya may have noticed that Dot cant exactly look at anything anymore, but I take yer meanin'. Don't worry, I'll put in a good word with Minnie, and you can come ta me if you've got problems, ok pup?"

He got out of his seat again, this time going to shake Priscilla's hand. "If I have a job for ye, I'll let ya know, in the meantime, you take ta Dot's lessons and keep outta trouble. Got it?"

Priscilla Shaw
"Three-hundred?!? Wow.. I thought you were maybe around thirty or something.. And Master Dot's that old??" Priscilla said, looking slightly baffled at how someone could reach such an age. "I'd be lucky to reach ninety.. Unless ai discover a potion of imortality or something." Shaw sighed, frightened slightly by the prospect of death. "Alright Mr. Dwarf.. I'll try not to be a bother, not that I have been. Trouble seemed to hunt me down more than anything, sometimes, I feel like a target." She giggled slightly, taking the man's hand carefully and shaking it weakly, it appeared that her little energy potion had worn off, and now she was simply tired.

Devon Ironsides - Devon's office

The girl's grip was weak and he could see her eyes starting to droop. She looked exhausted, the excitement that flowed through her, ebbing as the strain of whatever events happened previously seemed to catch up to her. "Tell ya what pup. Why don't ya get some shut eye, you can use me bed over there fer the time bein' and I'll wake ya when Dot comes back. Sound fair?" He pointed to his bed which he kept in a separate room in the back of his office.

~Dot Maras- Devon's Office~
Dot rushed over as fast as she could after the guards Devon sent alerted her of her apprentice's location shortly after she had arrived. She had stopped by the training room hoping the girl wandered off somewhere but as she surveyed the surroundings, she noticed that a book was left out. She traced her fingers over the bumps of the words in the page which made her worries grow. She had quickly gathered some things, along with a little gift for the dwarf, and was now standing outside his office door, knocking.

Just as Devon made the suggestion for Priscilla to get some rest, a knock resounded loudly on his door. Grumbling a little bit, he left his seat and swung the door open. He was pleasantly surprised to see that it was Dot outside. "Well, would ya look at that, Pup? Looks like old Dot managed to find ya just in time. Come on in ya feckin' blind bitch. Siddown, I was just gettin' ta know your new apprentice." He lead the elf inside and noticed the various items she held. "What's all this then?"

Priscilla Shaw
"Oh.. Uh.. Hello." Priscilla mumbled, sinking despairingly into the seat, if Dot was here, she had probably seen the book, and if she had seen the book, Priscilla was in some deep trouble, She hopped off the seat, turned to face the poison-maker and bowed down onto her knees. "L-let me explain.. I-I was trying to make an energy potion, and I must've messed up the ingredients because the next thing I new I was on fire, and that was.. very painful, so I fell unconscious because I'm not made of steel, then after that when I woke up, I was invisible and colourblind! which was freaky.. So I decided to go exploring, without being.. Well, criticised by everyone I met, and I May have done a little stealing, and I went in this one dark place and some guy called Artimeties or something gave me a potion and I found out I was in the.. Uh.. Well.. The brothel, then Master Devon here showed me up and brought me here, and the potion seemed to wear off, so now I'm really tired, I'm reallyreallyreally sorry Master Dot!" Priscilla said in a rapid flurry, refusing to take a breath until she was done.

"Oh, just some recovery potions for Priscilla, darling and a huge thank you gift for you." She said, placing the large bottle of ale down. She was about to say more when she heard the voice of her apprentice reached her ears, telling her a reoccurring of the events that went on in the elf's absence. Dot quickly put the rest of her stuff down and rushed over to Priscilla, pulling the girl into a gentle hug. "Oh, don't worry me like that, love!" she said, squeezing the girl slightly. Pulling away, she shook her head towards Priscilla. "I won't hear any of it, girlie, what I need you to do is drink this and this." She said, grabbing the two potions she brought with her, one clear and the other a deep green liquid. "This will heal up most of the damage that the potion you made did," she said motioning to the clear one. "The green one will purge your system of the remnants of that potion. The rest will have to be good rest."

She slapped her hand on her forehead and shook it. "I'm sorry, Priscilla. I shouldn't have left you alone like that." She sighed as she slipped her hand down her face, plopping into one of the seats, crossing her leg over the other.

Last edited:

Devon's jaw dropped at the size of the ale bottle. It was his favorite kind too, Firebrand Whiskey. "Dot, if ya weren't so feckin' tall I'd kiss ya right now!" He suppressed a snicker at Priscilla's hyperactive apology, he knew Dot would brush it all aside, she was about as relaxed as he was when it came to actual offenses an apprentice could make. The biggest one would be what Cryker pulled, bad mouthing Minverva.

"No need ta worry there Dotty. Once I picked her up, the pup 'ere was a perfect little lass. Gotta say ya picked a real winner in this one. Good thievin' skills, a talent fer mixin' potions what with that alchemy a hers, and she's got moxie! Ya ever need someone ta look after her when you go topside, come ta me first, Dotty." Maybe it was the alcohol finally hitting him, but it wasn't like Devon at all to be showering praise like this. He hoped he hadn't started to go soft.

Priscilla Shaw
"H-huh..?" Priscilla stuttered, shocked by the sudden embrace of the poison master. "I.. Uh.. Well.. Thank you." Priscilla mumbled, slightly disbelievingly as she was given two liquids, she took them cautiously, slightly worried that they could indeed just be poisons and was going to be her punishment. Priscilla nodded slowly and methodically, unsure of what she had said was true, but decided to drink the two potions anyway, she had, after all, done something wrong. The liquids slid down her throat, not entirely tasting wonderful, but not causing her to writhe in pain either. The crimson-haired novice nodded with a mixture of agreement and embarrassment at the dwarf's kind words, she brush a small strand of hair out of her eye and was utterly baffled by the people surrounding her. "It was my fault.." She repeated. These people seemed so odd in contrast to their roles in some secret underground organisation, but then again, she probably did too.

Dot waved her hand. "No, no more of that now. I'm just glad you're okay." Dot turned to her apprentice with a smile, standing once more. "Thank you so much again, Devon." If it weren't for people like Devon, she couldn't have been sure that Priscilla would have been sitting here like she was right now. She planted a kiss on the dwarf's cheek before clapping lightly. "Priscilla, you must be so tired. I could give you the key to my office and you could rest there or..." she trailed off, knowing of the girl's exhaustion but not knowing if any place had been offered a place to rest for her.

He blushed slightly at the kiss on the cheek, Dot's elven lips felt good on his skin, and waved her off. "Ah, it weren't nothing. Gave me an excuse ta punch Arty in the face. Apparently the lout had been fondling yer apprentice without consent before I showed up." Devon couldn't resist throwing the bounty hunter to the wolves like that, with how much he constantly annoyed Devon, he deserved a bit of revenge.

He looked over at Priscilla who was still trying to apologize. "Pup, what did I tell ya earlier about the meekness? Ya got talents, and you need ta own them if yer gonna get respect down here. So ya stole some coins, so what? If ya stole them from a master, there'd be trouble, but ya stole 'em from a nobody. That tells me you've got an appreciation fer money, just like I do. He tousled her red hair. "So buck up, and get some rest. Probably better to use Dot's bed, mine might be a bit to small fer ya." He chuckled.

Priscilla Shaw
"I suppose that may be best" Priscilla sighed. "So.. Aren't you supposed to say stealing is bad or something? I mean, If anything.. It's just a bit weird, I had everyone here out to be.. Well, monesters." Priscilla yawned, pondering that the two may possibly be lovers given the way they were acting. She got up and shuffled her way to the door. "I'll uh.. find my own way back then, you two have fun." Priscilla giggled softly as she looked back upon them. "Don't forget to close the door." She smiled brightly as she left, clambering her way back through the way Devon had brought her and tracing her way back before collapsing into her own bed that had been supplied by Dots and practically slipped immediately into unconsciousness, ensuring that no matter what time she awoke, she was still going to feel groggy, her hand was white from gripping the chalk so tight, and it was still latched firmly in her hand as she drifted into darkness.

Last edited:
Dot watched her apprentice leave with the words of leaving the door open, wanting to walk with the girl to make sure she got there safe. She cursed under her breath and shook her head, hoping the girl gets the sleep she needs."I'm going to have a few words with Arty later on." She said, sitting down, angry at Devon's words of Arty. She knew he could be a horndog but it wasn't like he didn't know Priscilla was her apprentice, so going as far to touch Priscilla was a huge ass whooping coming in her book. "But not now." She sighed, rubbing her forehead. "Oh, Devon sweetheart, you wouldn't leave a lady without a drink, would you?" She asked, giving the dwarf her sweetest smile.

Devon gave the elf a smile. "Anything fer you lassie." He poured the elf and him a drink sitting back in his chair. He always enjoyed Dot's company, the two of them along with Minerva had been together a long time, and while him and Minerva were acquainted on a physical level, she was always distant from him on an emotional level. With Dot it was exactly the opposite, she was practically his best friend in the underground, and seemed to have slept with everyone except him.

"Dotty, ya mind if I ask ya somethin'? How is it that that insane piss fer brains Artimeties has gotten inta yer feckin' undergarments, and I haven't? You and me, we've been partners in crime down 'ere ever since Minnie became the boss and yet in the centuries I've known ya, not once have we taken a roll in the hay. You just don't like dwarves, or is it me specifically?"

Dot smile grew wider as she reached for her drink, downing half the glass before she spoke. "Darling, you never asked." she said, as she sat back and crossed her legs. "I absolutely had nothing against dwarves at all." she laid her hand across her chest playfully. "And Arty is good company for me but there have been better." She said. As much as Dot did adore Arty, there was a reason she was winning their little game. Taking a few more sips, she shivered slightly as the ale warmed her. "What brought this along, Devon?"

He grinned at Dot's answer. "Jus' been thinking a lot lately. You and me, we've been together a long time. Long enough fer me to 'ave grown real fond a ya. Minnie is amazin' but with you, everythin' just sorta feels right. I never asked because I always had a fear that you might run away some day, like everyone feckin' else. But ya haven't. Don't be tellin' no one I told ya any of this, but I appreciate that. I appreciate you Dotty."

Dot looked on in surprise for a moment, before she offered a soft smile. "That's really sweet, Devon. Means a lot coming from you." She finished off her glass before placing it down. "Made me feel much warmer than the ale and don't worry, I won't tell people you've gone soft." she joked, with a wink. She may of had told a white lie though, she knew Minerva would love to hear about this. With a giggle, she walked over to the dwarf and wrapped him in a hug. "I guess I owe you one of these, huh?"

Devon Ironsides - Devon's office

He squirmed a bit in the hug. Obviously not what he was looking for. As she let him go, he looked into her eyes, he was about at her size sitting in the chair. "Aw feck it!" He said as he wrapped his hands around her head. "Come 'ere, ya beautiful blind bitch!" He said as he pulled her into a kiss that he'd been wanting to have with her for decades now.

Back