Flames From the Past (1x1)

Monica nods a little and curls up in the blanket more. She finishes what was left in the glass and sets it down.

She blinks a little. "Where is Dustin?" She asks carefully.

The Devil gave a shrug, "He should be around if you don't see him before you return to your world he'll likely be around somewhere," The angel had passed the test as far as Lucius knew. As if on queue the angel shrugged open the door and slammed it closed.

"Your house is a nightmare," the Angel growled at the devil who just gave a shrug with a look of what did you expect?

With the blanket wrapped around her still, she nods at her father's word's. She found herself more relaxed though when Dustin actually appeared. She eyes the male a little, wondering what it was he had just gone through. The comment only making her more curious but she wasn't about to ask.

Niel nods a bit. "Should we get to heading back?" He asks ,glancing around slightly.

The devil gave a nod and opened a portal that would return everyone to the cozy living room of Monica's home, "Watch your step," He murmured gently to them as he gave a stretch and moved through the entrance first.

The house felt colder than it had before. Night had fallen outside.

Monica smiles a little to Dustin before following her father through the portal. Niel waited for Dustin to go and brought up the rear.

Dustin sighed as he followed Monica and the Devil through the portal. It made him hyper aware of things around him. The sound of Kiki's tail as it flicked through the air and the sound of he purring. It drew his gaze just to be surprised as his gaze met a rather annoyed look Molly. The vampire was dressed to the nines as always, "Enjoy your day trip? Or rather three day trip?" Rummaging in the kitchen soon gave way to a rather lazily dressed Emma who gave a yawn before finding her spot cuddled on the other side of the vampire from Kiki, "Don't worry I handled business while you were away. Someone's been scaring the daylights out of humans. As ya'll were with the dark prince it clearly wasn't you."

That blue gaze trailed to Monica then to Niel, "Well that saves me a man to kill for leaving his post," She gave a purr, "What do you think of Hell? Cozy?"

"Hush," Lucius huffed at the vampire who actually winced at the rather gentle tone he took with her, "It's been a little over an hour's time in my realm and normally it's only one day to every hour. He must be screwing with things again."

The Devil sat in a chair as did Dustin, "Anything else?" Dustin asked.

Niel made a show to shiver and realized he was glad he had gone with Monica but then again being in hell wasn't exactly what he considered fun. "Don't like it. No offense." He adds to the devil.

Monica smiles softly to Molly and moves to the recliner. She still had the blanket and huddled up in the charge.

"He'll keep at it until he is stopped." She says.

Lucius rolled his eyes slightly and leaned back in his seat, "I just love a good bloody battle..." He muttered sarcastically as he tried to think of a way of slowing down or even stopping the boogie man. Molly examined her nails for a moment before she glanced to Monica then to the others.

"I take it you know why I'm interested in seeing you succeed now as well don't you, Monica?" The vampire kissed her lover one the forehead, "If he takes all the fear humans have even my vampires will end up dying. I made a promise to them to keep them safe at all cost. Three of my coven have died trying to cut down the one who wants you."

Emma patted the vampire's knee lightly, "She's stressed," She explains lightly, "When a vampire under a master vampire's protection dies it hurts them like loosing a child they birthed themselves."

"We'll fix this, Molly," Dustin murmured, "I promise."

Three covens lost? There was already too much death caused by this male and his quest. She drew the blanket closer about her and turned her gaze to the floor.

How do you stop something that fed on fear? Making people unafraid was not an easy thing to do.

She looks to her father then Molly then Dustin then then back to Molly. "Drawing him out isn't the hard part...." she lets her legs become untangled from the blanket as she sits up a little.

"Its stopping him that is. Mostly because the source of his power is almost impossible to cut off." She thought back to what she had seen in the mirror and shivers slightly before collecting her thoughts again.

"Separate him from his source of power. " she says.

Niel was watching Monica carefully. The fact that she said that drawing the boogie man out wouldn't be the hard part sent a red flag to him. Monica was going to blame herself for the death of Molly's covens. He could already see the thinking in her eyes.

If Dustin and her father did not see it the. Niel would have to make sure they were aware of it. That type of thinking could cause more harm than good but he doubts she'll see it that way until it's too late. She wasn't familiar with fighting like the rest of them were.

Lucius glanced over to the woman he knew as his child. His gaze wasn't gentle. It carried with it the fire of his displeasure, "Let me explain something carefully to you, little one," He stood then looking every bit like the dark prince he was as he moved to box the much smaller woman into her chair by placing his hands on the armrests. His gaze was nearly blood red showing some of his rage he kept at bey by will alone, "You aren't responsible for a damn soul but your own. If you find yourself choosing your life over another's you are doing it because there is value in your life being continued. You have much to learn about war and there isn't enough time for me to teach you as I want to."

His gaze softened slightly, "The world is cruel and you will loose many people you love. You will mourn. And you will move one to become stronger. You will learn to enjoy the time you have with each being because they will leave before you believe yourself ready to let them go. Furthermore. This enemy isn't hard to defeat you just have to see yourself doing it," He cupped her cheek, "And do it."

Dustin couldn't say much as he was sure his place was just to be the silent comfort for those around him at this moment. Sometimes the best thing to do was to do nothing but be there.

As her father spoke, she turned her gaze to him. It was the look in his eyes and the energy she felt coming from him that had her tensing. Each word she felt it and grasped onto it.

As he boxed her in she realized how small she was in comparison to him. He frightened her but the logical part of her realized it was indeed necessary. She didn't know what being in a war was. Compared to everyone in the room, she was a child.

As he cupped her cheek, she found comfort in that but would keep his words close to her mind. She nods a little to him to show she understood but didn't know what to say in return. What could she say? She did have much to learn but she was grateful for everyone in that room, especially Dustin for finding her. If it wasn't for him, she would probably already be dead or worse at the hands of the boogie man.

Niel had watched the entire exchange at the edge of his seat in a way. The big brother in him wanted to protect Monica but it was the soldier in him that kept him silent. He knew that even as harsh as the words sounded she needed to hear them and out of everyone in the room, he didn't see anyone better to give those words. She needed to be scared ,she needed to be aware of the reality of war because that's exactly what they were in.

Niel nods a little. "Then what will be the next step?" He asked. He was still Monica's bodyguard and until he was told otherwise, he was going to do his job.

Last edited:
Pulling away Lucius frowned softly as if he was thinking of something he he wasn't sure he wanted to, "The next step is simple. We gain power by tapping into what he can't touch without my being dead. Monica would also have to die for him to gain that power or she would have to give it to him," The thought annoyed him much. Running a hand through his hair he hums softly as he continues to think. There was much to be done still but he could feel the energy he would drawl on swirling just below the earth under their feet.

Dustin glanced to Monica then to the devil, "You can't be talking about that power..."

Lucius smiled, "Oh you dear angel you know the power I will drawl on. That power that created this very place. Fear doesn't compare to pure energy."

Monica blinks a bit as her father spoke of using pure energy to combat the power of fear. It seemed logical but from his words and Dustin's words she realized it may not be easy.

Niel arches a brow as he listened to this then asked carefully as he wanted to understand it all so he could help some how. "So how exactly do you tap into such power? That can't be easy to do or is it?" He was curious he would admit but he could see that Monica was worried about the idea of pure energy.

She could barely control the energy she had now but maybe it was possible? It had to be, it would be the only way to defeat the boogie man. For them to survive, for her to survive.

"Tapping into is the easy part. Keeping it from killing you is the hard part. Pure energy isn't malicious but it is primal. It lives and breaths. There for it can be tamed and used to do as you want," He tilted his head, "Humans tap into this power every time a child is conceived. All life taps into this power when a life is created and when it ceases to be. As long as the user never knows the magic is there it works just fine," He rubs his chin slightly, "Make sense?"

Niel nodded his head as he sat back in his chair. It did make sense but it didn't make him any less uneasy about the idea. Primal at times could be more dangerous than anything. "It does make sense. Too much sense."

Monica had been silent this entire time. Listening carefully to the words. She thought back to her own abilities, the dark and light energy she could control, she hadnt realized there was a third energy and it made her wonder what would happen if she tapped into that. Could this work? No it had to work.

The Devil glanced to the others in the room then. Those that knew this world well seemed lost in thought. Even Kiki seemed deep in thought as she stared out the back door at the moon lit yard, "We should rest for the next two days or so. Let him have his fun till then," Explained Lucius gently, "His own downfall will come soon enough."

Humans could only be scared so much before they stopped being terrified and attacked what was their enemy.

Monica nods a little at her father's words. Rest, yes they should rest. Yet she wasn't sure she could. She wanted to stop the boogie man now but she also remembered her father's words and kept to the chair. Rest. She would rest.

Niel nods and moves to his feet, realizing that Monica probably hadnt eaten in a while. "I'll make some food up. Food always goes good with rest." He says and gets himself busy in the kitchen by putting together a small meal but one that he knew at least Monica would enjoy.

Dustin stood then and made his way over to Monica where he sat on the floor at her feet. Without a word he took one of her feet slipped of her shoe and began rubbing it. The warmth that spread from his hand told her easily enough that he was healing her even if just a little, "It's easier to clear you mind before a battle when you relax with your entire being. Don't worry for now about holding your powers in check. They are level enough to do so on their own. Just imagine something peaceful to your heart."

Niel kept working in the kitchen as he got a meal together for everyone. He glances over the group a little. How was he got into this situation? Vampires, angels, the devil, and the boogie man. It was crazy. Then again he should know better.

Monica blinks a bit as Dustin came to her and began massaging her feet. The warmth that she felt allowed her to relax some and she let the tension ease from her body.

Something peaceful to her heart? She found herself unsure of what that was at the moment. The idea of a battle seemed daunting to her as it was. She thought back to her parents and the many times they would go for walks in the woods. It was always soothing to her.

"Thank you. " she says to Dustin and she was truly grateful that he was there.

Dustin gave a gentle smile to the woman, "It's simply how things are suppose to be so don't thank me," He says softly, "I can't see myself being of use to most people these days. I was growing very bored with my normal life when you stepped in my path."

Relaxing back in his seat Lucius smiled slightly to himself while he closed his eyes. There were things he didn't care to understand in this world but he hoped that out of all thing his child found happiness. Just like the happiness he had found with her mother. Often he wished he could see her again and let her know that he hadn't meant to leave things as he had. Sadly regrets were bountiful to the devil.

Emma slept against her vampire lover while the vampire let herself slip into deep thought. Her kinsmen knew where her heart lied when it came to the mortals and the city they ruled. They knew she never aimed to let a soul go without if she could help it.

Back