Flames From the Past (1x1)

Niel nods and moves inside. He walked quietly but kept his movements relaxed and normal. He looked in on the two and smiles gently. Then he shuts the door quietly before heading to his room. He nods to the devil. "If they hear the shower, I'll be here so it will seem like I was in there." He says.

Lucius nodded before heading into the shower. Without much thought he allowed his clothes to burn from his person after he turned on the shower. It would be better to simply summon more form his home than to salvage the ruined ones. The ice cold of the water caused him to sigh before set about scrubbing himself clean. His finger tips examined wounds he might need looked. A long gash on his chest caused him to hiss as washed it. He grabbed a towel after turning off the water and wrapped it about his waist, "Neil? You have a sewing kit?" He called softly through the bathroom door.

Stitches weren't anything new to him and knew easily enough when he needed them. Currently he needed them. He poked at the abused flesh and exposed muscle. While it would be completely healed in a few days it would still need some caring.

Niel was sitting at his computer whole the male washed up. He had taken to looking into some of his research. So far it wasn't anything that made him happy. More of his brethren had passed away. He shakes his head and turns the thing off.

Just then he hears the water shut off and him call for a sewing kit. He wondered if the devil had been injured or not.

He moves to his feet. "Yeah, I've got one. " he grabs an old medical kit that sat by his bed. It was old but the supplies were fully stocked and up to date. He carries it to the bathroom. "Need any help?" He asks.

The devil arched a brow as the door opened he turned his back to the other, "Probably, I've always been sucky with stitches," He frowned at a nasty claw mark that ran down the back of his arm, "Nasty fuckers we demons can be." He chuckled attempting to lighten the mood slightly, "It looks far worse than it is. I've gotten too used to pain of this sort." Sitting down on the edge of the tub he continued to glance over his body for more still bleeding wounds. It wasn't like he had to worry about bleeding out but stopping the bleeding would help him heal faster.

Niel nods as he sets the kit down and opens it up. "Most things with claws can be..." He smiles a bit. He didn't pay attention to if the male was clothed or not. Instead focused on the wounds. His field training coming into play.

He sets to work at getting the wounds doctored up and stitched up where it was needed. "Never thought I would ever need to stitch up the devil himself." He commented as he worked. His hands were sure and calm.

The devil merely chuckled before replying, "Nah, no one realizes its me normally when they get a chance to stitch me up," He explained lightly before he twitched at the odd sensations that accompany being sewn up. It was a feeling he was used to but at the same time made him twitch randomly. Who knew why exactly, but it did, "Still not afraid of all that you've found yourself neck deep in?"

Niel nods as he continues to work making sure to keep the skin together as he worked back and forth with the needle. He managed to smile at the devil's question. "I'm absolutely terrified. Terrified I won't be enough. Won't be strong enough or fast enough." He shakes his head as he finished up with the stitching. "all of this is very out there for me but during my time in the service, I saw things...things that showed me you were real just as much as anything else. Still I fought. Same case here. Can't let my fear stop me from doing what I need to do."

He smiles slightly as he glanced at the man next to him, "Being enough is something only you can decide. You will give as much as you want and nothing more. That's the beauty of being human. They can change fate with their will alone while demons and other must fight against the force of it all to change it. Most choose to simply go with the flow eventually."

Niel nods his head a bit. "To many go with the flow now adays." He cleans up he area around the stitches then packs the kit up.

Monica stirs a little on her bed, curling up more beneath her blankets. She felt cold suddenly and shivers lightly despite the two blankets and sheet she laid beneath.

Glancing over his injuries he stood, "That will make that heal quicker. I'll keep you in mind next time I get my ass torn up," He grinned.

Niel arched a brow at the male and smiles a bit. "I do hope you won't make it a habit to get torn up." He says.

Monica blinks her eyes awake and looks around the room. Slowly she sits up in bed, pushing her hair from her face. Did she hear something? She shakes her head.

He gave a nod as he tilted his head to the side. His hearing was scary sometimes, "What's got her awake now?" He murmured as he summoned clothing to himself and set the towel on the edge of the bath, "Go check on her. I'm going to check the barrier again."

It was a command. The devil wasn't playing tonight. He would rip any poor ass apart that messed with his dear child.

Niel didn't question or hesitate as he heard the order. He was on the move and heading to the door of Monica's room quickly.

Gently he opened it and saw that she was awake. "Hey." He whispers softly to her, "You okay?"

Monica blinks and looks to Niel at the door. "Yes, I'm okay..think I'm just over reacting or something. Worrying or something. "

Niel nods gently. "Want some water?"

She nods a little. "Please."

Niel nods and goes to get her a glass of water.

Dustin jerked awake at the sound of the door opening to the bedroom. His gaze landed on Niel before he gave a groan and plopped back on his pallet, "What woke you?" He asked her as he got up and moved over to her. Sitting on the edge of the bed he tried to determine what was about as well.

Lucius hummed as he stood on the porch. Something had hit the barrier but what?

Niel had gone to the kitchen and gotten down a glass and filled it with water. He paused and glanced around. Something felt different. He couldn't tell but his combat senses were going crazy.

Monica shakes her head a little. "I don't know. I felt really cold but I sometimes get cold when I sleep." She shrugs a little and looks around. "I thought I had heard something...but I could have imagined it. " had she really imagined it because she felt fine now and nothing was in the room or causing any sound. Maybe it was just the stress and worry getting to her.

Dustin tilted his head as he listened to her, "Nothing you feel or imagine is silly so please stop thinking that," He smiled softly, "What did you think you heard?"

She blinks at his words then nods slightly. "It sounded like a growl. Not like kiki's growl though...it was different. " she shakes her head.

Niel returns with the glass of water. "Haven't seen anything so far and no one is acting like there is something wrong." He says as he hands the glass to Monica.

Dustin tilted he head a bit more then glanced to the doorway where Lucius was now leaning, "Something ran into the barrier I put up. I can't tell what it was at the moment but I suggest everyone stays in the main room till I'm sure nothing slipped it. There are a few things that can slip through but usually they don't get into these sort of disputes," The devil explained, "But if he's gone and messed with their land they would come out of hiding. Not to harm any one but to make sure the chaos comes to an end."

Dustin swallowed slightly, "Those fallen gods? Are they the ones your talking about?"

The devil nodded, "Fallen gods are gods that have no more followers and have become something slightly different than a god. They can retain the image and even the personality but one should never ask a fallen to aid them it can only have one result if the request isn't cared out to completion. A cursed death. They are often very painful."

Monica blinks a bit as she listens to the description of the fallen gods. A fallen God? She glances around the room and tried to think back to what she had heard before that had woken her. She couldn't recall the exact sound.

She moves to get out of her bed so they could all go to the main room until it was deemed safe again. She pauses and looks at the bracelet on her left wrist. The clasp looked like it had almost come off. Carefully she made sure it was secure them gathered up the blanket and her glass of water. " I'm all for a movie marathon." She smiles as she attempts to lighten the mood some how.

Dustin nodded, "Just no horror," He murmured as he followed the others.

Lucius watched them for a moment before moving to continue checking on things. He didn't like not knowing what was going on. It left him wanting to strangle something.

Back