Flames From the Past (1x1)

She had sat down cross legged in front of her movie collection and was rattling off different movies. She would take a sip from her water here and there as she did until they found a movie they all agreed on.

Niel was a bit distracted and was keeping his eyes on everything. He didn't like this. Something wasn't right. It was starting to rub him the wrong way.

Dustin kept his attention of the female who was engrossed with the movie currently playing. Her expressions were something he desired to savor and enjoy even if he had to do so from a distance. In the short time of knowing Monica he had grown to enjoy her company and her joy once she was willing to share it with others.

Lucius sat at the kitchen counter in a spot where he could see all of the living room as well as the sun room that lead to the backyard. He noticed even the god was a little uneasy as he sat atop his little home staring out into the darkness. The devil knew something wasn't right ignoring it was often the best way to lure out the hunter. He was just biding his time for now. His gazed trailing over the trio in the living room. They were all too young for dealing with the sort of problems he lived with since the dawn of humanity.

The movie was a good distraction for her and she had curled up in the chair with the blanket. It was hard to stay distracted but the movie helped. Something that could go through the barrier her father made and get past an angel and the god outside, but what could it be.

Slowly as the movie went on, she let it take most of her attention. It wasn't until the movie was half way over that she began to feel that same cold again from before. She felt it near the bracelets.

Trying not to tense, she kept calm and curled up. She glanced to her father and Dustin. Was she imagining the cold feeling or was it what had gone through the barrier?

Dustin tensed up slightly. He felt something near himself but couldn't for the life of him figure out what it was. It wasn't until Lucius used that ungodly magic of his to flash-step over to the trio. He grabbed at something just above the wrist of his child, "I hate rats," He growled softly glaring down at the now visible imp that blinked large black eyes up at him. His long red tail flicked back and forth lazily as he seemed to tilt his head to the side, "Tell me little one when did you have a spell cast on you that made you turn you back to me?"

"My Kingly Devil, I've not turned my back on you but you have on us. You have drifted from your roots into the realm of man. You have tasted love and had it ripped from your grasp. But still you have turned your back on what we swore we would do one day," The tiny imp stated in return, "If you have abandoned your revenge then we will seek it else where."

"Did you think a few years would make me forget my desire?" He questioned in return, "I will seek my revenge but it isn't time for it. Not yet. Holly have you forgotten that I called to you and yours from the dark and brought you to my realm so you could live again in peace?"

The imp known as Holly blinked with a confused expression before tilting her head to the side, "Peace... I remember... but why have I forgotten that it still lasts?"

The devil set the tiny red creature down on the arm of the chair, "It's because of the spell that was put on you. As far as I know other than a fallen only you could nibble a hole in a barrier I made and slip through."

Holly giggled at him, "Aye but I suppose the child has bitten off more than he can chew by taking me under his spell. I'll make you a deal child of Lucius Mephisto," The imp turned its black gaze on Monica, "Sign a loyalty contract with me and I will see to it that the enemy never breaks your resolve nor your magic."

Monica had tensed up sharply as her father jumped forward to suddenly have hold of the creature that had actually been by her. By her wrist? She pushed the thought aside as she listened to the exchange between her father and the imp.

The imp was a curious creature and it was the first time Monica was seeing one. It was hard to hide her curiosity of the creature but she did hide it a bit. She had a lot of learning to do.

As the imp turned to her with the question of a contract. She blinks slightly. Any contract she always looked over the details carefully and thought it over before making a decisin. This didn't seem like the type of imp to give her much time to question it. "Loyalty contract?" She would still try to get some information before she said yes to anything.

Lucius huffed at the tiny demon, "Holly."

The imp grinned showing a mouth full of needle like teeth, "Now, now, Kingy didn't tell you about loyalty contracts. I wonder how much else he hasn't informed you about. Oh well I'll explain this once. A loyalty contract is a contract in blood that allow you to pull on the magic and physical form of myself. To explain what this means a bit further. You will be able to summon me from any where in existence. In return I can use your name as a means of communication with you and I can also pull you to me should I feel the need. There are different kinds of Loyalty contracts I'm offering you the strongest and one that puts me at a disadvantage should you find me ever useless."

Frowning more the devil ran a hand through his hair, "It's up to you in the end, Monica. Make it or don't. I'm not going to tell you what to do."

Dustin stared at the three wondering what Monica would do. Part of him wanted to demand she didn't but some part of him told him it was her decision to make. Keeping quiet he watched the events play out.

Monica gazed at the imp, glancing to her father when he spoke. This was no light thing that was being offered. She didn't want to just jump at the offer. Carefully she went over the details in her head. Use her name. That was standing out to her the most for some reason. A name had power.

Still to have that help it would be good. Especially if she could slip passed the barrier her own father made.

Yet her decision was already made. "I truly respect the offer you are giving me but right now I must say no to your offer." Yes the contract could leave the imp at a disadvantage but she herself could not even control her own abilities so if the imp could call on her, there were too many risks.

The imp gave a nod, "Good," She then looked to Lucius, "Her heart is a steady one that realizes when the platter is too good to be true."

It chuckled then hopped up to Lucius' shoulder and took a seat there, "Your enemy is waiting outside for you, little princess. You're father can't fight this for you. Neither can can your angel lover."

Lucius glared at the imp, "You should have told me that idiot was out there I would have mopped the floor with him already," He growled.

"Tisk, Tisk," The imp hummed, "I shouldn't have to tell you what's outside your own door."

Dustin frowned as he looked up at Monica, "You can do whatever you put your heart into."

Niel was uneasy. He didn't like the thought of her going out there at all. Especially if he was already waiting for her. The big brother part of him was kicking in.

When Dustin spoke though, he knew the angel was right as was the imp. There was nothing any of them could do. She had to fight this battle. No one could do it for her.

Monica had tensed a little but made herself relax as she nods a bit. They knew this would happen. This fight would take place.

Moving to her feet, she sets the blanket down. She looks to Niel. "It will be alright. " she smiles gently then looks to her father and Dustin. "It will be. I'm not afraid of him anymore and he knows it."

She smiles a little and moves towards the front door.

Lucius bit the inside of his cheek. This must be how a parent feels as they watch their little one face the world they already know as cruel. He stared down at the ground. He didn't fear harm to himself. As it would take much to actually bring him, the great Devil, to his knees. But that one thing that could cut him down was now moving away towards a danger he couldn't protect her from. Raising his hand he snapped his finger causing the barrier to fall so she could easily find her prey, "Be careful."

The imp smirked at the girl clearly believing the devil's child could do anything if she merely put her mind to it. After all she proved that in turning down her offered contract.

Dustin stared after her. He wanted to reach out and go with her but he remained where her was, "Come back to us."

She looks to then from over her shoulder and smiles. Giving them a wink before stepping out the door. She wanted to reassur them but she could only do that by winning.

As she steps outside, the sun was blinding, the sky clear. It was a beautiful day and it was appealing to her but as she stopped just at the edge of the walk , she felt the difference.

Shaking her head she looks straight ahead of her. "Enough with you illusions and tricks. Face me. I'm tired of your games. You want me. Well here I stand."

A cold laughter filled the air as the image of a beautiful day dripped away like melting ice. It revealed a dark void that was cloaked in heavy shadows. The boogie man himself stood not far off from her. He stood in a suit that seemed comprised of the shadows themselves.

He moves forward a few steps. "So you just think it shall be that easy? Step out here and face me like a hero from a movie?" He chuckled. "Oh dear child, you are no hero. You are the daughter of the devil." He smirks and takes a few more steps.

Monica stood patiently and watched. "I didn't come out here to be a hero." She moves her hands before her and with a flick of her fingers, the bracelets were released.

Her powers surged around her in a cloak. It took her a few deep breaths but soon she had the powers under her control as she focused on what Dustin had taught her. What her father had said and even Niel's words. They all helped her.

The boogie man began to laugh again and clap mockingly at her. "Oh yes good light show but you and I have done this before. You lost control last time too. Killing your poor parents."

She moved sharply her hand coming forward as power was pulled together in a ball. She throws it and as he dodges, she was there suddenly slamming into him. The contact burning him.

"You talk to much boogie man." She retorted at him.

She managed to land another hit before he knocked her away. She struggled back to her feet.

The boogie man simply laughed but his suit was clearly burnt. "You have no experience little girl. Barely trained. You won't win this."

Monica smiles faintly and nods to the ground.

Beneath the male's feet, a bright energy began to glow. Steadily it ate at his feet and worked it's way up as it devoured him.

"I am my father's child."

The pure energy finished devouring him as his scream of agony was cut off.

Last edited:
Back