Status
Not open for further replies.
"Don't ya worry aboutz no paymentz buddy!" The creature behind the desk replied. "We takez all kindz of currency over here! Dollahz, yenz, gil, gold, you name it, we gotz it!" He looked over to the gathered group. "Since ya got such a big group 'ow aboutz a discount? 11000 yen per 'ead. Ow does that sound?"

@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @Crunch @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee
@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay @Sark @Jackythejack

image.png

"That much...?! Well, at the very least, I guess that means me paying for everyone is out of the question," Akihiko sighed, furrowing his brow, not that he figured that would have been realistic with the pocket change he'd been carrying on him ever since the Melding happened in the first place. It was a miracle he even managed to hold on to this much for as long as he did.

Turning to the rest of the group for a moment, Akihiko pondered on what to do from here. "... I take it not a lot of you have any change on you?" He asked, turning his gaze to Mika for a moment.

"... I guess there's not a place on you where you can even put money anyway."

Turning back to the receptionist, he rested his hands on his hips. "How about... as a group? We'll only be staying for a short while anyway," the young man chuckled uneasily, not exactly the most experienced with haggling. "Or... we can work off the debt?"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky @Takumi @Everybody

"I have some gold on me." Yurick answered, taking a pouch out of one of his pockets and holding it up. It wasn't any bigger than his palm, but it would still help serve it's purpose.

"It might not be much." The mercenary sighed. He was glad he even had money to spend, and was glad the group of mercenaries he was a part of ever got any type of individual pay after a job. Perhaps he was just lucky to have anything saved up at all that he could use since the melding happened.

@Jeremi @Ver @Yun Lee @Lucky @Everyone

Kirby

Kirby would look over at the woman with a confused look. He didn't think that sounded right... but maybe he could help. He did eat a lot of stuff on his adventure. He would spit up the snow from earlier and eventually caught up a gold coin. When he ate the gold coin was a mystery.... mostly because the puffball's stomach was a whole different galaxy sometimes. "Enough?" He asked. He was pretty sure he could cough up more gold if he needed too.

@Jeremi @Ver @Yun Lee @Takumi @Everyone

Even Mika seemed to have been able to procure a few thousand yen towards the stay, don't ask her where she had those hidden away, but even then it seemed they were still short by a good amount. The creature looked at the valuables he had been given and eyed the group. This went on for awhile before it finally spoke up again.

"Us Toitelz 'ave an eye for thiz sort of thing and I think you guyz are in trouble." He grabbed what they had given him and he shoved it into the cash register. "The rooms are yoiz! But..." There was always a but after all. "I ave to ask a favor of ya."

@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @Crunch @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee

Kirby

Kirby looked over at her and wondered how she was going to help them, but he wasn't quite certain if she was going to give them the rooms as well. " Thank you for room. Favor what?" He asked, not sure what the young strange might want from them.

Kirby

Kirby looked over at her and wondered how she was going to help them, but he wasn't quite certain if she was going to give them the rooms as well. " Thank you for room. Favor what?" He asked, not sure what the young strange might want from them.

"Barkeep will fill ya in down stairz." He pointed towards where the group had seen the door earlier before tossing each member a key with a number on it. "'Ave a pleasant stay at the Icicle Inn!"

As it was now the group could all decide on heading downstairs to the bar to find out what task they'd have to do or they could go to explore and gather information from the residents of the town since it seemed like the device that helped them find the warp pipes wasn't being helpful right now.

"Barkeep will fill ya in down stairz." He pointed towards where the group had seen the door earlier before tossing each member a key with a number on it. "'Ave a pleasant stay at the Icicle Inn!"

As it was now the group could all decide on heading downstairs to the bar to find out what task they'd have to do or they could go to explore and gather information from the residents of the town since it seemed like the device that helped them find the warp pipes wasn't being helpful right now.

"Thanks." Yurick caught the key and turned to head to the bar, taking a quick glance at the number on it before pocketing it. Best see what this favor was all about, and who knows maybe they'd get paid for it or something.

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Crunch @Yun Lee @Minerva @York @Everyone

"Thanks." Yurick caught the key and turned to head to the bar, taking a quick glance at the number on it before pocketing it. Best see what this favor was all about, and who knows maybe they'd get paid for it or something.

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Crunch @Yun Lee @Minerva @York @Everyone

67-07.png

For those heading downstairs, they'd find the bar area to be rather bustling all things considered. The tables were filled by patrons. By the bar, there was only a lone woman sitting drinking her beer. The bartender seemed to be a younger fellow with dreadlocks and he seemed to know his way around a drink as he poured one up for one of the patrons. The lower half of the bar was filled to the brim of spiderweb and no one seemed to care really, not even the bartender who was just making his cocktails like nothing was wrong.

Last edited:
image.png

"And here, I thought price correlated with quality..." Akihiko murmured to himself as he took a look around the bar along with the others who followed suit. But hey, whatever it took to ensure they'd have a roof over their heads, even if just for one night.

Not wanting to bother any of the other patrons, certainly not the lone woman, Akihiko went straight for the bartender, clearing his throat. "Excuse me. The clerk up front said you had an errand you needed someone to run in exchange for a room? Can we help you out with anything, sir?" He asked politely enough, still finding the situation strange, but reluctantly rolling with it.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Downstairs

Kirby

" Kirby wanna help too," he replied, looking around the bar and wondered what there was to play with while he waited for an answer. He found a knife on a nearby table and would try to go and grab it.

@Takumi @Jeremi @Ver @Downstairs

Kirby

" Kirby wanna help too," he replied, looking around the bar and wondered what there was to play with while he waited for an answer. He found a knife on a nearby table and would try to go and grab it.

@Takumi @Jeremi @Ver @Downstairs

90c65156638304879547804fbf453e33b5b69c5a.jpg

"Stop that." Yurick would try to grab Kirby and hold him close before he went and did something that'd likely cause trouble.

11c56406112d8cd8b63b520dca50abeee1467e6a.jpg

"Uh, you don't need that knife for whatever it is you wanted it for?" He added, posing his sentance as a question due to being unsure of what to do with the pink puffball. So far, Kirby was like a child. A round...pink child that swallowed a whole man granted, but still.

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Downstairs

Kirby

Kirby stared over at Yurick when he would grab at him and he tilted his head. Why had he stop him from getting his special new toy?

" Kirby need weapon to prove he is strong and can help," he replied, having no weapon currently. He wasn't sure what ability the knife would give him, but he couldn't just eat his teammates and have their powers. It was not polite. He looked at Yurick with sad eyes to see if he would let go.

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Downstairs

“He did?” The young-looking bartender replied with a cheeky grin as he threw the mixer around him in impressive fashion before catching it in his hands again before continuing to shake. “Then there’s the issue of…are you guys up for it.” He poured the drink he was making into a fancy looking glass before sliding it over to the woman sitting at the bar. “Where's my manners!

latest

The name’s Bob Wilson and welcome to the Pao Pao Café mark III!”

The woman let out an audible sigh at that before getting to her drink.

“Well…” Bob chuckled awkwardly as he scratched his head. “That’s what I’m calling it for now! These people lost their former bartender in the Melding and when I ended up here I just kind of picked up the pieces you know? If you want anything you can ask me or my co-owner there anything you want if you want drinks or snacks!”

He motioned towards the spiderweb in the corner before slapping himself on the head. “Oh! Right! You asked about what the task was! Sorry.” He leaned over the counter towards Akihiko. “For maybe a week now we’ve been seeing weird lights and what sounds like explosions coming from the coast. We don’t have anyone that wants to go investigate but we all think something fishy’s going on. And you guys look like you know what you’re doing so what do you say? Want to help us out?”

As he waited for a reply the group could hear loud banging coming from behind them. Turning around they’d find Mika in vain trying to pull open the bathroom door. “WHY ISN’T THIS THING OPENING!” She took a few steps back before leaping at it with a flying dropkick, but the door stopped Mika right in her tracks as she fell to the ground with a loud thud. “What gives!” She turned around pointing an accusing finger at Bob. “Why can’t I use the bathroom!”

Bob only smiled and shrugged. “That door’s been locked for as long as I’ve been here actually. I think there’s a key somewhere but I think only the Turtlez upstairs knows where it is. I think?”

Kirby

" Maybe Turtlez tell us where key is if we stop boom boom and weird lights so Miss Mika can go potty," he replied, seeing that the door did not like being brute forced its way in. He wasn't sure if his suggestion was a good one until he could gauge how his teammates would react.

@Jeremi @Everyone

Kirby

Kirby stared over at Yurick when he would grab at him and he tilted his head. Why had he stop him from getting his special new toy?

" Kirby need weapon to prove he is strong and can help," he replied, having no weapon currently. He wasn't sure what ability the knife would give him, but he couldn't just eat his teammates and have their powers. It was not polite. He looked at Yurick with sad eyes to see if he would let go.

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Downstairs

"You've done fine so far without one from what I've seen." Yurick reasoned with a shrug, before his gaze went to the bartender.

“He did?” The young-looking bartender replied with a cheeky grin as he threw the mixer around him in impressive fashion before catching it in his hands again before continuing to shake. “Then there’s the issue of…are you guys up for it.” He poured the drink he was making into a fancy looking glass before sliding it over to the woman sitting at the bar. “Where's my manners!

latest

The name’s Bob Wilson and welcome to the Pao Pao Café mark III!”

The woman let out an audible sigh at that before getting to her drink.

“Well…” Bob chuckled awkwardly as he scratched his head. “That’s what I’m calling it for now! These people lost their former bartender in the Melding and when I ended up here I just kind of picked up the pieces you know? If you want anything you can ask me or my co-owner there anything you want if you want drinks or snacks!”

He motioned towards the spiderweb in the corner before slapping himself on the head. “Oh! Right! You asked about what the task was! Sorry.” He leaned over the counter towards Akihiko. “For maybe a week now we’ve been seeing weird lights and what sounds like explosions coming from the coast. We don’t have anyone that wants to go investigate but we all think something fishy’s going on. And you guys look like you know what you’re doing so what do you say? Want to help us out?”

As he waited for a reply the group could hear loud banging coming from behind them. Turning around they’d find Mika in vain trying to pull open the bathroom door. “WHY ISN’T THIS THING OPENING!” She took a few steps back before leaping at it with a flying dropkick, but the door stopped Mika right in her tracks as she fell to the ground with a loud thud. “What gives!” She turned around pointing an accusing finger at Bob. “Why can’t I use the bathroom!”

Bob only smiled and shrugged. “That door’s been locked for as long as I’ve been here actually. I think there’s a key somewhere but I think only the Turtlez upstairs knows where it is. I think?”

"A bunch of explosions and lights..." Yurick sighed before glancing to Akihiko and then to Kirby. Well they came down here to see what they could help with, right?

"I suppose we'd end up doing it somehow, and see? You didn't need the knife to prove anything." He directed the last bit to the pink puffball he continued to hold.

He looked up as Mika struggled to get into the bathroom, before a thoughtful look crossed his face before he turned his attention to the bartender.

"...How much for a glass of ale?" While he wasn't sure if Bob was really charging much of anything what with the melding going on it didn't hurt to ask in case he needed Akihiko to help pay.

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Everyone

Kirby

" Maybe Turtlez tell us where key is if we stop boom boom and weird lights so Miss Mika can go potty," he replied, seeing that the door did not like being brute forced its way in. He wasn't sure if his suggestion was a good one until he could gauge how his teammates would react.

@Jeremi @Everyone

“Sorry little guy,” Bob replied to Kirby. “You’ll have to figure out the bathroom business before the trip, considering it’s so far away!”

“Hey!” Mika shouted at Kirby. “Don’t make it sound weird!” She then turned towards Bob. “So the turtle guy upstairs can help me out?”

“Like I said he might have an idea, but that’s about it.”
He shrugged which only caused Mika to become more frustrated.

“Well…fine!” She started to make her way back up the stairs before turning around. “I-Is anyone going to help me out?

"You've done fine so far without one from what I've seen." Yurick reasoned with a shrug, before his gaze went to the bartender.

"A bunch of explosions and lights..." Yurick sighed before glancing to Akihiko and then to Kirby. Well they came down here to see what they could help with, right?

"I suppose we'd end up doing it somehow, and see? You didn't need the knife to prove anything." He directed the last bit to the pink puffball he continued to hold.

He looked up as Mika struggled to get into the bathroom, before a thoughtful look crossed his face before he turned his attention to the bartender.

"...How much for a glass of ale?" While he wasn't sure if Bob was really charging much of anything what with the melding going on it didn't hurt to ask in case he needed Akihiko to help pay.

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Everyone

“On the house!” Bob exclaimed to Yurick. “Well, everyone gets one! If you’re going to help then that’s the least I can provide!”

"You have fun with that," Goroh said, waving Mika off before he rubbed his hands together. "Samurai Goroh never turns down anything free! Thanks a bunch, pal!" He declined to add the addendum that sometimes things he received for free were not intended to be, though. He'd already said enough today.

@Jeremi @Everyone​

"Well, don't look at me. That's your own business," Akihiko said, holding his hands up briefly when Mika asked if anyone else would accompany her about her... problems. No way in heck he was gonna deal with something like that for someone, much less a girl, all things considered.

As for Bob...

"I'll help look into those... explosions, you said? Considering what we've all seen, I can hazard a guess who's behind them," Akihiko commented, resting a hand on his hip. "In the meantime, before I go, I guess if you're in a courteous mood, I'll just have a water."

Kirby

Kirby would take the knife from the table and just offer Mika a smile, as he would hold it cutely. " I help you get truth out of turtlez, so you can go potty. It is not weird to need help with that," he replied, not realizing that it wasn't weird because she needed to use the bathroom but because she was a grown woman.

@Jeremi

"You have fun with that," Goroh said, waving Mika off before he rubbed his hands together. "Samurai Goroh never turns down anything free! Thanks a bunch, pal!" He declined to add the addendum that sometimes things he received for free were not intended to be, though. He'd already said enough today.

@Jeremi @Everyone​
"Well, don't look at me. That's your own business," Akihiko said, holding his hands up briefly when Mika asked if anyone else would accompany her about her... problems. No way in heck he was gonna deal with something like that for someone, much less a girl, all things considered.

As for Bob...

"I'll help look into those... explosions, you said? Considering what we've all seen, I can hazard a guess who's behind them," Akihiko commented, resting a hand on his hip. "In the meantime, before I go, I guess if you're in a courteous mood, I'll just have a water."

Kirby

Kirby would take the knife from the table and just offer Mika a smile, as he would hold it cutely. " I help you get truth out of turtlez, so you can go potty. It is not weird to need help with that," he replied, not realizing that it wasn't weird because she needed to use the bathroom but because she was a grown woman.

@Jeremi

"Fine! A lot of help you guys are! Come on Kirby! At least someone here's helpful. AND STOP SAYING IT LIKE THAT!"
As Mika stomped up the stairs with Kirby Bob turned to talk with Akihiko and Goroh.

"So just water for you? Come on man! Nothing else, not even a lemonade?" Since Goroh didn't specify what he wanted Bob ended up pouring him a pint of beer. "Catch!" He pushed it down the counter towards the space pirate before continuing his talk with Akihiko.

"You got a guess huh? I got to say it's pretty weird seeing a big group like yours pass by this place. I don't know how the world looks but it feels like we're a bit away from everything you know?"
He leaned in still with that goofy smile. "You can tell me, I'm good at keeping secrets!"

Meanwhile, Mika and Kirby had made their way back up to the reception. "Hey, guy!" Mika said to try and get the Turtlez attention. "I really need to use the bathroom and the bartender said you had the key!"

"Oh the keyz, the keyz..." The Turtles stroked his chin trying to remember. "That's right! I threw it into the safe!" He motioned behind the counter to a small safe sitting on the floor.

"Why did you do that?!" Mika did not look like she was having a good time.

"I've forgotz anyway let me get it outta there." Try as he might though the Turtlez didn't seem to remember the combination. "Huh..."

"Huh?! That the only thing you can say? Huh??"

"Now now no worries I wrote it down on diz piece of paper see?" Going through the cupboard he finally revealed a sliver of paper with something written on it.

--> L <-- I <-- F <-- E

"...Not that I know what anythin' of this means..."

@Lucky

Kirby

Kirby didn't understand why Miss Mika was mad about the way he was saying she had to go to the potty. "Why?" He asked.

Kirby would follow Mika to the reception desk and noticed that she seemed madder than before. He however knew that was because she needed to go to the potty real bad and the door was locked. He looked over at the strange man.

Kirby frowned, wishing that he had had his power-ups or the enemies he could eat. Bombs could blow open the safe and get Miss Mika the key that she so desperately needed and wanted.

He wondered the same thing but didn't dare to say it a loud because Miss Mika was smart.

Kirby didn't like the way that huh sounded. It made it seem like he didn't know the combination and that probably would make his friend mad.

Kirby could feel the anger coming from Miss Mika.

"Now now no worries I wrote it down on diz piece of paper see?" Going through the cupboard he finally revealed a sliver of paper with something written on it.

Kirby would take a second to look at the paper and read what was on it. " Life. That no make any se-" Kirby would turn the paper upside down and then look at it again. " 3....6......1....7.... arrow go back again....7?" Kirby asked, not sure if that was any help. It seemed Miss Mika would never go potty again.

@Jeremi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back