Status
Not open for further replies.
Ignoring Makoto, Goroh grabbed the closest meat dish to him and started munching. Gotta keep your stamina up and all that. "Huh! A master thief, eh? Bet they got quite the stash..." Man, if things went back to normal anyway, would there even be harm in outrobbing this thief before then?

@Jeremi @Minerva @Hida Tomonatsu

"Well they have to be considering the stole them right under from their noses, not to mention the security that place has to have...If the talk above ground is true and they've increased the number of troops is any indication then they're furious."
If Alia saw that look Goroh had in his eyes she chose not to comment on it.

@Yun Lee @Minerva @Everyone

Akihiko Sanada: Prologue - I Am Lightning

b7-2-1-bin-1.png

"Never a dull moment, huh? It's just like home all over again," Akihiko let out a soft chuckle at the banter between everyone. Of course, all things considered, he probably ought to take the situation just a bit more seriously, but he was in a rather good mood, as far as he could be. He had worked up a nice sweat earlier today, and his blood was pumping healthily like a horse in fine condition. That was always a surefire way of keeping not just his body but his spirits and his mind in check, active, in good standing.

Of course, the explanation of the current situation and its updates were pretty interesting to say the least. "So we're off to steal from thieves... Sounds like a fun game," he mused, popping a berry into his mouth from the food table. Indeed, he processed all the info that Alia had run by them all, holding his chin thoughtfully as he reflected on the situation, and how he had gotten here.

The past half year had been rough, to put it lightly. The only way Akihiko Sanada was able to absorb it all was to think of it like a video game or a anime, as ridiculous as that sounded. Fantastical as his experiences had been, who could fathom his life being some sort of game?

Even so, that was the only way he could register everyone he had met in that time. A pink, gluttonous creature. A talking discolored hedgehog. A ninja. A puppet. An elf. A himbo. And a robot that reminded him of Aigis... except, if he was permitted to say, a little cuter honestly. Probably because Alia had an easier time smiling. Then again, he figured he shouldn't be so conceited either. For as outlandish and unbelievable their existences might have seemed to him the first time they had come across each other, he wondered if his abilities as a Persona user were any sort of impressive to them in their own right as well.

The answer? Well, inconclusive, but whatever.

"Let's save our energy for the mission though," he suggested to everyone who might have come off as preemptively eager, those who seemed like they were about to throw down or those who were chowing down without any regard for the cramps they might get if they were gonna be thrown in the field later. Namely...

"You're gonna get a stomachache if you keep eating like that, y'know..." Akihiko said with a furrowed brow toward Mika.

@Jeremi @Anybody

"I got to eat," She replied between bites. "Cause these muscles don't build themselves!" Mika flexed her arm in Akihiko's direction. "Besides, you're not the boss of me! If I'm hungry then I just gotta eat!"

@Ver

"And we're getting right into the thick of it all! Ha ha! This is gonna be great!" Despite his jovial demeanor, Goroh was taking this seriously...which, for him, meant not sweating it at all. He was Samurai Goroh, for crying out loud! The greatest in the whole galaxy, no matter which galaxy it was!

"Yeah, I'm with Mika here!" Goroh was now on his...third plate? Leftovers would not be a concern at Base Five, that was for sure. "Where do you think the energy for this mission comes from, buddy? The sky? We gotta stock up if we're going after a thief and those old geezers!"

@Jeremi @Minerva @Hida Tomonatsu @Ver

Akihiko Sanada: Prologue - I Am Lightning

b7-2-1-bin-1.png

"Never a dull moment, huh? It's just like home all over again," Akihiko let out a soft chuckle at the banter between everyone. Of course, all things considered, he probably ought to take the situation just a bit more seriously, but he was in a rather good mood, as far as he could be. He had worked up a nice sweat earlier today, and his blood was pumping healthily like a horse in fine condition. That was always a surefire way of keeping not just his body but his spirits and his mind in check, active, in good standing.

Of course, the explanation of the current situation and its updates were pretty interesting to say the least. "So we're off to steal from thieves... Sounds like a fun game," he mused, popping a berry into his mouth from the food table. Indeed, he processed all the info that Alia had run by them all, holding his chin thoughtfully as he reflected on the situation, and how he had gotten here.

The past half year had been rough, to put it lightly. The only way Akihiko Sanada was able to absorb it all was to think of it like a video game or a anime, as ridiculous as that sounded. Fantastical as his experiences had been, who could fathom his life being some sort of game?

Even so, that was the only way he could register everyone he had met in that time. A pink, gluttonous creature. A talking discolored hedgehog. A ninja. A puppet. An elf. A himbo. And a robot that reminded him of Aigis... except, if he was permitted to say, a little cuter honestly. Probably because Alia had an easier time smiling. Then again, he figured he shouldn't be so conceited either. For as outlandish and unbelievable their existences might have seemed to him the first time they had come across each other, he wondered if his abilities as a Persona user were any sort of impressive to them in their own right as well.

The answer? Well, inconclusive, but whatever.

"Let's save our energy for the mission though," he suggested to everyone who might have come off as preemptively eager, those who seemed like they were about to throw down or those who were chowing down without any regard for the cramps they might get if they were gonna be thrown in the field later. Namely...

"You're gonna get a stomachache if you keep eating like that, y'know..." Akihiko said with a furrowed brow toward Mika.

@Jeremi @Anybody
"Well they have to be considering the stole them right under from their noses, not to mention the security that place has to have...If the talk above ground is true and they've increased the number of troops is any indication then they're furious." If Alia saw that look Goroh had in his eyes she chose not to comment on it.

@Yun Lee @Minerva @Everyone

"I got to eat," She replied between bites. "Cause these muscles don't build themselves!" Mika flexed her arm in Akihiko's direction. "Besides, you're not the boss of me! If I'm hungry then I just gotta eat!"

@Ver
"And we're getting right into the thick of it all! Ha ha! This is gonna be great!" Despite his jovial demeanor, Goroh was taking this seriously...which, for him, meant not sweating it at all. He was Samurai Goroh, for crying out loud! The greatest in the whole galaxy, no matter which galaxy it was!

"Yeah, I'm with Mika here!" Goroh was now on his...third plate? Leftovers would not be a concern at Base Five, that was for sure. "Where do you think the energy for this mission comes from, buddy? The sky? We gotta stock up if we're going after a thief and those old geezers!"

"Just leave her alone, she'll be fine," Makoto grunted as the rather dapper young man expressed some worry over Mika's eating habits, leaning slightly away as Goroh continued to scarf down food next to her so as to avoid a few scraps that went flying, "I've seen Mika eat more than that and come out swinging in a fight; if anything, it just makes her style even more dangerous, since her high-flying moves just get easier the more energetic she is."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Anyone Else​

❝ Uh huh... in a way, I guess we can thank this thief for snatching the Chaos Emeralds away from our trouble-making evil scientists. ❞ The psychic made a light attempt on looking on the bright side, as much as the current situation wasn't all that great. It was better than thinking that the masterminds of the melding didn't protect the catalysts responsible for the incident too well, or else what would be the point of lingering around after several months?!

As it stands now, this was practically the calm before they would set out on their mission. With even the slightest bit of downtime, it's a no-brainer to prepare in any way that works.

dLpSfC5.png

❝ I'm sure that we'll all do great! From what I see, we got a big mix of people here, and a lot to cover when it comes to neato tricks and that kind of stuff. ❞ Silver didn't see a problem with anyone, and kept up an extremely optimistic mood. Since going out on an empty stomach wasn't too wise, the hedgehog tapped into his power of psychokinesis, levitating a nearby apple over in a green aura until he was able to physically grab it and take a bite out of it.

@Jeremi @Hida Tomonatsu @Yun Lee @Ver @Minerva
@Everyone

Joanna had just been prepping for a mission into the Kutan Jungle in Brazil before she had found herself teleported to a strange land and told to help strange people. Jonothan never told her the exact details of her 'first' mission for Carrington Institute.

It had been almost six months since then. Even with everything she had seen, it really wasn't that much different from her own world. Eggman and Wily were just two more evil corporations holding back the innocent for their own gains.

The redhead sighed and took one of her Falcons, looking it over as she ignored the fat samurai's loud munching. The food did look good, but Jo couldn't afford to get grease on her gloves, much less weapons.

One wrong shot and someone could get a .45 ACP to the chest. So, no meat for her. Maybe when this mission was over?

"This won't be easy. Surely they've had every chance to fortify their defenses. Maybe we shouldn't rush in like a bunch of barbarians?"

@Jeremi @Everyone

Despite noticing that Kirby got some food Alia called it and after a bit some soldiers came in with an assortment of different foods and placed them on the table. "It's the least we can do before you go on this mission," She said to all of them. "Please take your fill."

Mika nodded. "You don't have to tell me twice!" She grabbed what looked like a chicken drumstick and began munching down.

Alia shook her head. "Sadly we don't know much else. You're right though considering the importance of the items...we must be dealing with a master thief of some sort. A master thief with much larger plans."

The Reploid turned her attention to Raiden next. "For all we know the Master Emerald's still in the clutches of Dr Wily and Dr Eggman." She had a small tablet in her hand that she scrolled through. "From what we know from natives of that world, the Master Emerald has the power to nullify the Chaos Emeralds, they still need to be close to each other to do it. So while they still hold a powerful tool in their midst, we have a plan to get that from them as well...but you don't have to worry about that."

"It evidently can be shattered," Alia replied to Link, well a Link, she was having a hard time separating them from each other. "But we have to assume the thief didn't have the time and resources for that."

"What's the rush?!" Mika said between munching down on the chicken. "Well, I know what the rush is but some of us got to eat you know!"

"It's not a joke," Alia sighed. "I wish it was a joke, with that gigantic structure looming over us, it makes our operations quite difficult." The others knew of it far too well, the Eggxecutioner, the Doctors massive battlestation that was looming over the world. It was the size of a small moon and held enough firepower to obliterate anything it so deemed. "If they had the skills to fuse our worlds then logically we can use what they did to undo it. Now with the Chaos Emeralds away from the station we might just have a chance to get them."

@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crimson Spartan @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Sark @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi
Geno rolled his eyes in response to Mika's comment, head twisting around to look at her with an unenthused, (literal) wooden face. He'd promptly hop atop the table, allowing his stunted form to be met at eye level with the others in the room.

"We have a job to do, lady. I have my job to do on top of this. The sooner we find the Chaos Emeralds, the sooner we can all go home to eat to our heart's content," he shot back, glancing down at what she was eating. It looked a bit more appealing than a mushroom - so thinks Geno, a being with no sense of taste. "If we can even go home, that is."

da6d6fce965cf6737cee4922ef178428.png

"As I see it, this entire situation is a fine mess. We can't afford any delay as long as those thieves and doctors have their mitts on the Chaos Emeralds. If they're as powerful as I believe they are then it'll be trouble for all of us, I fear. I'm not in any mood to be playing with objects of immense power for the second time."

The puppet's foreboding tone matched the weight of the situation, it seemed, as he crossed his arms beneath his cloak.

"Hm, I suppose it'll be a tough job, then. In that case, eat as much as you can; it may just be your final meal."

@Jeremi @Ver @Hida Tomonatsu @Anyone​

image.png

"Well, if you guys say so. I'm just sayin'... Wouldn't hurt to diversify," Akihiko responded, relenting just a little bit. As he spoke, he took an apple and raised it up, as though showing it off, before taking a bite out of it. After gulping the bite down, he spoke again. "Besides, this chicken isn't even grilled. The way this is cooked, you may as well be downing an entire salt shaker while you're at it," the boy lectured sternly like a younger brother, even though he imagined Mika was quite older than him.

Honestly, how could one end up so fit and active if she had eating habits like that? Well, whatever. He had more important things to worry about.

"In any case, I suppose Geno's right. The sooner we get those Chaos Emeralds, the better. Who knows what's bound to happen if it stays in the wrong hands, Eggman and Wily's or not?" Akihiko went on, saying his piece with that.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Hida Tomonatsu @Anybody

"Just leave her alone, she'll be fine," Makoto grunted as the rather dapper young man expressed some worry over Mika's eating habits, leaning slightly away as Goroh continued to scarf down food next to her so as to avoid a few scraps that went flying, "I've seen Mika eat more than that and come out swinging in a fight; if anything, it just makes her style even more dangerous, since her high-flying moves just get easier the more energetic she is."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Anyone Else​

Mika perked up at Makoto's words about her. "Oh I have a fan here?!" She quickly spun around to look at her. "It's always cool to meet your fans! Do you want an autograph? Does anyone have a pen and piece of paper?"

❝ Uh huh... in a way, I guess we can thank this thief for snatching the Chaos Emeralds away from our trouble-making evil scientists. ❞ The psychic made a light attempt on looking on the bright side, as much as the current situation wasn't all that great. It was better than thinking that the masterminds of the melding didn't protect the catalysts responsible for the incident too well, or else what would be the point of lingering around after several months?!

As it stands now, this was practically the calm before they would set out on their mission. With even the slightest bit of downtime, it's a no-brainer to prepare in any way that works.

dLpSfC5.png

❝ I'm sure that we'll all do great! From what I see, we got a big mix of people here, and a lot to cover when it comes to neato tricks and that kind of stuff. ❞ Silver didn't see a problem with anyone, and kept up an extremely optimistic mood. Since going out on an empty stomach wasn't too wise, the hedgehog tapped into his power of psychokinesis, levitating a nearby apple over in a green aura until he was able to physically grab it and take a bite out of it.

@Jeremi @Hida Tomonatsu @Yun Lee @Ver @Minerva
@Everyone

"As mentioned, this is a blessing in disguise, in a way,"
Alia replied to Silver. "Lighter security no doubt, I doubt the thief has yet managed to build themselves a proper seat of power just yet."

Joanna had just been prepping for a mission into the Kutan Jungle in Brazil before she had found herself teleported to a strange land and told to help strange people. Jonothan never told her the exact details of her 'first' mission for Carrington Institute.

It had been almost six months since then. Even with everything she had seen, it really wasn't that much different from her own world. Eggman and Wily were just two more evil corporations holding back the innocent for their own gains.

The redhead sighed and took one of her Falcons, looking it over as she ignored the fat samurai's loud munching. The food did look good, but Jo couldn't afford to get grease on her gloves, much less weapons.

One wrong shot and someone could get a .45 ACP to the chest. So, no meat for her. Maybe when this mission was over?

"This won't be easy. Surely they've had every chance to fortify their defenses. Maybe we shouldn't rush in like a bunch of barbarians?"

@Jeremi @Everyone

"Obviously we shouldn't expect an easy mission, far from it,"
Alia started. "The trek to reach your destination will already be daunting, but this information isn't known by many and I can't see how the thief would be privy to what we know. The levels we had to go..." She went quiet for a moment. "If you we're sending you on a suicide mission, we've gone through all the angles. You will see this through, I promise you that."

Geno rolled his eyes in response to Mika's comment, head twisting around to look at her with an unenthused, (literal) wooden face. He'd promptly hop atop the table, allowing his stunted form to be met at eye level with the others in the room.

"We have a job to do, lady. I have my job to do on top of this. The sooner we find the Chaos Emeralds, the sooner we can all go home to eat to our heart's content," he shot back, glancing down at what she was eating. It looked a bit more appealing than a mushroom - so thinks Geno, a being with no sense of taste. "If we can even go home, that is."

da6d6fce965cf6737cee4922ef178428.png

"As I see it, this entire situation is a fine mess. We can't afford any delay as long as those thieves and doctors have their mitts on the Chaos Emeralds. If they're as powerful as I believe they are then it'll be trouble for all of us, I fear. I'm not in any mood to be playing with objects of immense power for the second time."

The puppet's foreboding tone matched the weight of the situation, it seemed, as he crossed his arms beneath his cloak.

"Hm, I suppose it'll be a tough job, then. In that case, eat as much as you can; it may just be your final meal."

@Jeremi @Ver @Hida Tomonatsu @Anyone​

Mika looked over to Geno biting down on her fourth chicken club. "Don't be so negative! Of course we'll come back! I mean, just look at us! We're awesome!"

@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crimson Spartan @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure@Sark @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi

"Final meal, huh...a huh, a ha ha ha!" Goroh cracked up, slamming his fist on the table as if Geno's comment was the funniest thing he ever heard. Come on now! Did no one realize who they had on their side here? The greatest thief and bounty hunter in all the universe was right here! How many times was he gonna have to say it before they figured it out? "These guys won't know what hit 'em! They're so busy duking it out with each other, they won't realize we're involved until we steal every emerald they got!"

Looking around, Goroh gestured to the group. "We're a ragtag bunch for sure, but we look like we know what we're doing!" He glanced at the little pink puffball. "Uh...mostly. But still! We're not gonna be taken down until we take back everything they took from us!" At least, I wont.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Minerva @Ver @Hida Tomonatsu

Mika perked up at Makoto's words about her. "Oh I have a fan here?!" She quickly spun around to look at her. "It's always cool to meet your fans! Do you want an autograph? Does anyone have a pen and piece of paper?"

"As mentioned, this is a blessing in disguise, in a way,"
Alia replied to Silver. "Lighter security no doubt, I doubt the thief has yet managed to build themselves a proper seat of power just yet."

"Obviously we shouldn't expect an easy mission, far from it,"
Alia started. "The trek to reach your destination will already be daunting, but this information isn't known by many and I can't see how the thief would be privy to what we know. The levels we had to go..." She went quiet for a moment. "If you we're sending you on a suicide mission, we've gone through all the angles. You will see this through, I promise you that."

Mika looked over to Geno biting down on her fourth chicken club. "Don't be so negative! Of course we'll come back! I mean, just look at us! We're awesome!"

@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crimson Spartan @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure@Sark @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi

"Yeah, no thanks," Makoto rebuffed with a grimace and a shake of her head. God, she was just as energetic as Ibuki claimed... but it certainly fit the big stage personality she had, "I just watch people I think have a chance of being all-stars. A master's gotta see and know what the competition is like, so that they can make a name for themselves by overcoming all others."

"Anyways, so we've got the goal in mind? Kick ass and take back what belongs to us?" A considering hum echoed from her before her concentration was broken by Akihiko's observation, shrugging at the comment, "It's definitely not the best, but we don't have time to be picky; we're fighting with what's left, so worry about your diet later and focus on just having energy to march on."

That's when the thought occurred to her that she hadn't introduced herself yet. The meeting had started so quickly, it hadn't even crossed her mind to do so - that, and it had just felt rude to interrupt a commander who was speaking at the time. Best to rectify it either.

"Oh yeah, and I'm Makoto Kato, master of the Rindo-kan school of karate. All of you should try staying alive, because I want to see how well you stack up to my way of fighting."

@Jeremi @Ver @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Prologue - the gathering

Resistance base 5

Six months since the melding

No one knew how many were actually part of the resistance, but it had spread like wildfire from the moment that the worlds had merged into one. No one had an exact number of how many members there were but they were all scattered around the world fighting against the injustice they found.

There were bases scattered all over and any communication between them went only through a few select high ranking members.

That was why this sudden mustering of forces was something no one sitting inside the conference room had seen up to this point. Seventeen people were waiting inside the room and one of them, a woman dressed like she was plucked straight out of a wrestling show, spoke up. “Oh man we’ve been sitting in here for like an hour! I wonder why they gathered us all here?” She looked around the group with excitement. “I don’t think I know anyone here but, I know whatever it is that we’re supposed to do we can do it!”

That was still the million-dollar question though, why were they here? A quick glance around the room showed no real ties among the group and all of them seemed quite out of place, but they were here now and as the door slid open perhaps it was time for them to know the reason they had been gathered.

The first to come in was a blond woman, but despite her human appearance the group knew that she was a mechanical being, a Reploid. Her name was Alia and she was a link between the different factions in the Resistance keeping up communications among all of them. A real spider in the web. If there was anything going on, she knew about it.

Behind her came another that most of the group were familiar with. An actual goddess by the name of Palutena. She as well was quite high in the Resistance and having both here was rather unprecedented.
Both walked to the end of the table as the lights dimmed, and a screen popped up behind them.

“Thank you all for being here,”

“I know it must have been hard for you to get here but we have something big on our hands and we really need your help.” Alia looked around the room. "Looks like some are still missing but this can't wait, we'll fill them in afterwards."

The screen flickered to life showing two old men on the screen. One was a portly fellow with a red mustache and the other was an old greying man, both of them looked like scientists of some sort. “As all of you know it has been about six months since these two, Dr Albert Wily and Dr Ivo Robotnik caused the melding and staged their attack. A lot of us went underground but most of us have someone close to us that didn’t…”

Alia had a solemn look on her face as she looked through the crowd before the image on the screen changed again now showing seven brightly colored gems as well as one massive green emerald. “From our intelligence we know that they did this by using these. The smaller ones are called the Chaos Emeralds and the large one is called the Master Emerald. Two of you should be familiar with them.” Alia looked to Silver and Elise specifically when she said that. “As long as they have the entire set they are more or less unstoppable, however…” The screen changed again with only the Master Emerald left on the screen.

“My sources have told me the Chaos Emeralds have been stolen from right under the Doctor’s noses, and whoever did steal them is going to use them for their own gains. And that’s why you’re all here,” Alia’s eyes filled with conviction as she looked over the gathered group. “You’re going to steal the Chaos Emeralds so that we can use them. Because with the news we also got a location. Getting the Chaos Emeralds means we might just have a fighting chance and bring everything back to how it was before the invasion.”

A map now emerged on the screen. “Our current world is a mixture from all different parts of our worlds and has created something brand new with all of these sectors tied together by different warp pipes for quick travel between most of them.” A picture of a green pipe emerged for a moment on the screen before returning to the map. “We have done our best to extensively map out these pipes and where they emerge and through that we have plotted a course that will get you to the thief in the quickest way possible.”

The lights came on and the screen went dark as Alia directed a question straight to the group. “Do any of you have any questions about the mission?"

Palutena stepped forward, her essence radiant and powerful. She had a radiance to her that only a goddess could have, and a pleasant, motherly smile.

"Remember, this is to save our worlds and those we lost." She said, raising her staff. “While we can not join you, you have my blessing upon you, and I will try to help you in what ways I can.” She smiles at the gathered group before sitting back down.

The woman with the wrestling gear was literally shaking with anticipation for the entire time that Palutena had been speaking with her arm held high. “Yes, Rainbow Mika?”

She leaped up from her chair with such force that it fell to the ground. “No questions I just wanted to tell you how awesome and honored I am that I’m part of this team. We’re not going to let you down! I swear to you we’ll get this Chaos Emeralds and kick that thief’s butt at the same time!”

Alia looked at Palutena then back at R. Mika before looking at the rest of the group. “So uuh, anymore questions?”

Cast list

@Ver as Akihiko Sanada
@Minerva as Ayane
@dark as Banjo-Kazooie
@York as Elise the Third
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Geno
@Crimson Spartan as Hector
@Hahli Nuva as Joanna Dark
@Lucky as Kirby
@ShadowCoyote0 as Link
@Hida Tomonatsu as Makoto Kato
@Alex Azure as Raiden
@Sark as Ryoma
@Yun Lee as Samurai Goroh
@Gummi Bunnies as Silver
@Takumi as Yurick​

Yurick's Prologue: Sparks Flying

Yurick sat and listened. Being from a place with little technology made moments like these being exposed to it a bit uncomfortable. Rubbing his temples as he let everything sink in, his visible eye narrowed. This little fetch quest seemed simple, but if it was anything like that retched search mission in the haunted mansion back home he'd throttle somebody.

Gods he hated that mansion, and had never wanted to hit Zael more in his life due to not only nearly getting Yurick killed from a falling chandelier then nearly being killed by a 'vampire', but he almost got stuck in a damn stone coffin for nearly five minutes!

Pushing that to the back of his mind for now, he listened to some of the questions thrown about by some of the others in the room, and voiced his own.

7117bbc197db353ad5ca05c2df3b6418--the-last-story-zelda.jpg

"You've found a route to the theif, but what's to say they won't move locations at any point in time?" He spoke up after a moment of thought.

When it came to food, he wasn't all that hungry, nor was he in a big rush to jump into battle.

@Jeremi @Everyone

"Yeah, no thanks," Makoto rebuffed with a grimace and a shake of her head. God, she was just as energetic as Ibuki claimed... but it certainly fit the big stage personality she had, "I just watch people I think have a chance of being all-stars. A master's gotta see and know what the competition is like, so that they can make a name for themselves by overcoming all others."

"Anyways, so we've got the goal in mind? Kick ass and take back what belongs to us?" A considering hum echoed from her before her concentration was broken by Akihiko's observation, shrugging at the comment, "It's definitely not the best, but we don't have time to be picky; we're fighting with what's left, so worry about your diet later and focus on just having energy to march on."

That's when the thought occurred to her that she hadn't introduced herself yet. The meeting had started so quickly, it hadn't even crossed her mind to do so - that, and it had just felt rude to interrupt a commander who was speaking at the time. Best to rectify it either.

"Oh yeah, and I'm Makoto Kato, master of the Rindo-kan school of karate. All of you should try staying alive, because I want to see how well you stack up to my way of fighting."

"Not much of a fan if she doesn't want an autograph..."
Mika mumbled audibly to herself. The mention of Makoto's school though caught her attention again. "A real karate school! That's cool! We really should have a fight at some point then!"

Yurick's Prologue: Sparks Flying

Yurick sat and listened. Being from a place with little technology made moments like these being exposed to it a bit uncomfortable. Rubbing his temples as he let everything sink in, his visible eye narrowed. This little fetch quest seemed simple, but if it was anything like that retched search mission in the haunted mansion back home he'd throttle somebody.

Gods he hated that mansion, and had never wanted to hit Zael more in his life due to not only nearly getting Yurick killed from a falling chandelier then nearly being killed by a 'vampire', but he almost got stuck in a damn stone coffin for nearly five minutes!

Pushing that to the back of his mind for now, he listened to some of the questions thrown about by some of the others in the room, and voiced his own.

7117bbc197db353ad5ca05c2df3b6418--the-last-story-zelda.jpg

"You've found a route to the theif, but what's to say they won't move locations at any point in time?" He spoke up after a moment of thought.

When it came to food, he wasn't all that hungry, nor was he in a big rush to jump into battle.

@Jeremi @Everyone

"Because from what we've gathered they are trying to build themselves a seat of power, and you can't do that if you're moving about all the time." The screen came to life again showing a cold wasteland. "It's also far enough away out in the cold that anyone who wouldn't know where to look could find it. Luckily, we do."

@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crimson Spartan @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Sark @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi

"Not much of a fan if she doesn't want an autograph..." Mika mumbled audibly to herself. The mention of Makoto's school though caught her attention again. "A real karate school! That's cool! We really should have a fight at some point then!"

"Because from what we've gathered they are trying to build themselves a seat of power, and you can't do that if you're moving about all the time." The screen came to life again showing a cold wasteland. "It's also far enough away out in the cold that anyone who wouldn't know where to look could find it. Luckily, we do."

Cue Makoto's eyes brightening as Mika made the offer, a satisfied smirk coming to her lips as she nodded enthusiastically, "Absolutely! Like I said, once this cataclysm is dealt with, I was hoping to face you all." A soft awkwardness entered her tone as she scratched the back of her head, "Actually, you in particular were someone I wanted to fight - Ibuki's told me about you and showed me your fights, so I thought you would make for a good challenge."

@Jeremi

Cue Makoto's eyes brightening as Mika made the offer, a satisfied smirk coming to her lips as she nodded enthusiastically, "Absolutely! Like I said, once this cataclysm is dealt with, I was hoping to face you all." A soft awkwardness entered her tone as she scratched the back of her head, "Actually, you in particular were someone I wanted to fight - Ibuki's told me about you and showed me your fights, so I thought you would make for a good challenge."

@Jeremi
"Not much of a fan if she doesn't want an autograph..." Mika mumbled audibly to herself. The mention of Makoto's school though caught her attention again. "A real karate school! That's cool! We really should have a fight at some point then!"

ayane-musou-stars-12.7.jpg

"But do you think you can withstand the strength of Hajinmon?" Ayane asked, approaching the group.​

"Ain't the point of this whole thing to fight our enemies?" Goroh asked, taking a bite of a bread roll. "Get each others' numbers after we get our worlds back!"

In any other situation, Goroh wouldn't mind sparring hmself. But there was too much at stake here to waste any more time!

...though there was quite enough time to chow down. Couldn't let good food go to waste.

So far Hector had remained quiet as others talked and ate in his mind he was sizing up his new comrades. Some of them were certainly strong like Goroh, Makoto, and Mika definitely front liners by the looks of them though Goroh was a master thief apparently. Well either way the man certainly looked tough to Hector at least. There were talks of sparing, eating, and a wooden puppet who seemed to have been through some interesting times based on what he had to say.

Hector looked at the screen a moment studying as much of the area as he could. His thoughts went into how to approach such a situation as this with the forces they had currently being this group.

26fb791b3caf4a39a60262daccc5e8e8.jpg

"Heh.... Quite the location eh...?" Hector comments to Alia his usual confident self being on full display here.

'Reminds me of when we went looking for old greybeard in the Nabata desert' Hector thought to himself a slight smile appearing on his face as he thought back to his time travelling with Eliwood and Lyn. Oh how those were the days but alas those days were over.

"No matter i've got my country and what remains of my people riding on this so failure is not an option..." Hector speaks towards Alia in a way assuring her that they'd make it through this. After all how hard could it be considering he had already spent so much time fighting for his people when all of this started. Now a chance presents itself to fix all the damage...? Hector knew this was what he needed to do. He needed to help these people and make sure this mission does not fail....even if it costs him his life.

@Jeremi @AnyoneAndEveryone

"Ah, I see. That works just fine then." Yurick, satisfied with the answer at least, nodded and took a look at the wasteland presented to them. He winced a little at it, knowing that his current attire wasn't suited for the cold. It wasn't suited for a lot but if he could survive as long as he had with Zael of all people being a magnet for trouble then he could survive something like that. Besides, having fire magic could work in their favor or be their doom really.

@Jeremi

@Jeremi

Oh, Ibuki! "I know her!" Mika exclaimed. "We worked together with Ms Kanzuki! It's a pleasure to meet you, Makoto! I bet we're going to have a lot of fun working together!"

"But do you think you can withstand the strength of Hajinmon?" Ayane asked, approaching the group.​

Mika could instantly tell she was dealing with another ninja. "I love your outfit!" She exclaimed. "You know I always thought ninja's were supposed to be secret and all that, but your outfits are usually as out there as any wrestler!"

So far Hector had remained quiet as others talked and ate in his mind he was sizing up his new comrades. Some of them were certainly strong like Goroh, Makoto, and Mika definitely front liners by the looks of them though Goroh was a master thief apparently. Well either way the man certainly looked tough to Hector at least. There were talks of sparing, eating, and a wooden puppet who seemed to have been through some interesting times based on what he had to say.

Hector looked at the screen a moment studying as much of the area as he could. His thoughts went into how to approach such a situation as this with the forces they had currently being this group.

26fb791b3caf4a39a60262daccc5e8e8.jpg

"Heh.... Quite the location eh...?" Hector comments to Alia his usual confident self being on full display here.

'Reminds me of when we went looking for old greybeard in the Nabata desert' Hector thought to himself a slight smile appearing on his face as he thought back to his time travelling with Eliwood and Lyn. Oh how those were the days but alas those days were over.

"No matter i've got my country and what remains of my people riding on this so failure is not an option..." Hector speaks towards Alia in a way assuring her that they'd make it through this. After all how hard could it be considering he had already spent so much time fighting for his people when all of this started. Now a chance presents itself to fix all the damage...? Hector knew this was what he needed to do. He needed to help these people and make sure this mission does not fail....even if it costs him his life.

@Jeremi @AnyoneAndEveryone

"We all have a lot hanging on this," Alia replied to Hector before she looked around. "Despite everyone not being here yet I'll have my people direct them to our location. If you all follow me we'll get you to where your journey will begin."

Motioning everyone to follow the group followed her out of the conference room out to a hallway. The location seemed to be fairly futuristic from what they could gather. There was a lot of soldier types walking about and considering Alia it was quite hard for some of them to figure out if most of them were human or Reploid. Not to mention the other individuals walking about. Was that a cat girl treating someone's wounds in the infirmary and why was she treating a big clown with boxing gloves?

You had been lead to believe that the Resistance was otherwise struggling but the operation in Resistance base 5 appeared to be massive. Soon enough they had made their way to a hangar where they were met by a massive airship.

"If the Halberd was operational we would've done this mission in no time, but it was badly damaged in its last operation and is in need of some massive repairs." The group could see an older blond guy with a cigarette in his mouth screaming at some tech guys repairing the ship. Seemed like he was the head technician or something.

Moving on they soon found themselves to what would help them travel this new world.

140px-Warp_Pipe_Artwork_-_Super_Mario_3D_World.png

The green pipe was large enough to fit a person, but how something like this could help them travel to far away places. "Yo! Everyone!"

"So you're the guys heading on the mission? Gotta say hope everything works out!"

"Everyone this is Taizo Hori," Alia replied motioning towards the man in white. "He's one of the people in the resistance that has been mapping out where the warp pipes emerge."

"Yeah and we haven't even scratched the surface! These pipes are all over the planet and pop up in all the different places. Good thing I ain't working alone or we'd never have it as mapped out as we do."

Alia continued from what Taizo was saying. "The warp pipes give us a proper advantage over the enemy. I can't count how many times our operatives have managed to escape to safety thanks to them." She looked down at her tablet again before continuing. "We'll wait awhile longer for the stragglers, otherwise we'll have to go with out them. I hope everything's alright."

The sound of drumsticks hitting taiko drums at a festival could be heard by all.

giphy.gif

"Don~ don~ da don~ da don~."

This fittingly came from what appeared to be a sentient drum with a face as he approached the group. He stopped by next to Banjo & Kazooie.

"Oh, did I miss anything important da~ don~?"

He squints, only to look at the one referred to as Taizo Hori.

"Something tells me I did. Hmmm... have we met da~ don~?" the drums say to the man clad in white.

@Jeremi @dark

@Minerva @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Lucky @etcetcetc​

Oh, Ibuki! "I know her!" Mika exclaimed. "We worked together with Ms Kanzuki! It's a pleasure to meet you, Makoto! I bet we're going to have a lot of fun working together!"

Mika could instantly tell she was dealing with another ninja. "I love your outfit!" She exclaimed. "You know I always thought ninja's were supposed to be secret and all that, but your outfits are usually as out there as any wrestler!"

"We all have a lot hanging on this," Alia replied to Hector before she looked around. "Despite everyone not being here yet I'll have my people direct them to our location. If you all follow me we'll get you to where your journey will begin."

Motioning everyone to follow the group followed her out of the conference room out to a hallway. The location seemed to be fairly futuristic from what they could gather. There was a lot of soldier types walking about and considering Alia it was quite hard for some of them to figure out if most of them were human or Reploid. Not to mention the other individuals walking about. Was that a cat girl treating someone's wounds in the infirmary and why was she treating a big clown with boxing gloves?

You had been lead to believe that the Resistance was otherwise struggling but the operation in Resistance base 5 appeared to be massive. Soon enough they had made their way to a hangar where they were met by a massive airship.

"If the Halberd was operational we would've done this mission in no time, but it was badly damaged in its last operation and is in need of some massive repairs." The group could see an older blond guy with a cigarette in his mouth screaming at some tech guys repairing the ship. Seemed like he was the head technician or something.

Moving on they soon found themselves to what would help them travel this new world.

140px-Warp_Pipe_Artwork_-_Super_Mario_3D_World.png

The green pipe was large enough to fit a person, but how something like this could help them travel to far away places. "Yo! Everyone!"

"So you're the guys heading on the mission? Gotta say hope everything works out!"

"Everyone this is Taizo Hori," Alia replied motioning towards the man in white. "He's one of the people in the resistance that has been mapping out where the warp pipes emerge."

"Yeah and we haven't even scratched the surface! These pipes are all over the planet and pop up in all the different places. Good thing I ain't working alone or we'd never have it as mapped out as we do."

Alia continued from what Taizo was saying. "The warp pipes give us a proper advantage over the enemy. I can't count how many times our operatives have managed to escape to safety thanks to them." She looked down at her tablet again before continuing. "We'll wait awhile longer for the stragglers, otherwise we'll have to go with out them. I hope everything's alright."

"Nice to meet you as well, Mika; not sure it's gonna be fun, but at least I know you're reliable enough to work with those two," Makoto replied with a smile, less enthused about the situation given the stakes involved but still glad enough. However, as the ninja girl approached them, the karate master shot her a considering glare, sizing her up as she seemed to make a challenge of her. Well, since she asked...

"Hell yeah. I don't know what school Hajinmon is yet, but if you're anything like my friend Ibuki, ninja girl? I've got a pretty good chance of beating you in a fair fight," Confidence radiated from the tomboy as she responded, assured of her victory even when first speaking with a stranger. However, it shifted to curiosity as Mika made a good point, Makoto's eyes rising as if she was visualizing her own thoughts about herself. Why the hell did all ninjas they meet seem to be pretty obvious and nonchalant about being ninjas? Ibuki's friends seemed to be good natured ones at least, but shouldn't they still keep a tighter lid on being shinobi?
"Ain't the point of this whole thing to fight our enemies?" Goroh asked, taking a bite of a bread roll. "Get each others' numbers after we get our worlds back!"

In any other situation, Goroh wouldn't mind sparring hmself. But there was too much at stake here to waste any more time!

...though there was quite enough time to chow down. Couldn't let good food go to waste.

Her concentration on that topic shattered as Goroh stuffed another piece of bread into his mouth while trying to lecture them. Eyes spun slightly to consider him, before a shrug escaped her, "It's my duty as my father's heir to continue the legacy of our dojo. Part of that is issuing challenges, and even in the darkest times, a true warrior follows through on their vows. Plus we're not doing the spars here and now; I waited for a whole year to face my best friend, and I can wait just as long to face these two if need be."

"Besides, isn't it better to kill time getting to know one another, instead of just stuffing food into our mouths? Better for teamwork, right?"
The thought had popped into her head and she had verbalized it without a second thought, already focusing back on the conversation with Ayane and Mika. If he wanted to lecture them on how to spend their time, Makoto was in her right would lecture right back.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Minerva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back