Status
Not open for further replies.
b7-8-3-bin-1.png

"... There's a lot to unpack here," Akihiko could only say as they met the... individual known as Donkey Kong, before indeed, another green little thing showed up. And he was sad to say that he was almost used to it all by now. After all, in a place like this, anything goes.

To King Hippo, the younger man cocked a brow. "Friend of yours?" He could only ask, gesturing briefly toward Donkey Kong. That wasn't rude, was it? No, no...

@Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Jackythejack @Lucky @Crimson Spartan @Hida Tomonatsu @Everybody

Despite proceeding through the Warp Pipe to end up in a jungle to start their mission to retrieve the Chaos Emeralds, Silver didn't forget about Elise's question to him. It wouldn't hurt to answer her question while on the move, especially with how far their destination seemed to be from them. Tapping into his psychic powers again, Silver covered himself in a green aura, propelling himself into the air as if he were flying. Though, he kept a relatively moderate speed so he wouldn't get too ahead of himself.

❝ Well, it's hard to explain in one sitting, but my time period is in a not-so-great state due to Dr. Robotnik's actions. It was rough on me traveling back in time to see if I can help prevent anything worse from happening. Maybe the melding jumbled some memories here and there of mine, but I know for a fact that it's only going to get worse if nothing's done. ❞ The hedgehog did his best to explain this to Elise, and only then, something clicked in his head.

mOb6yrV.jpg

❝ ... uh, do I know you, by the way? ❞

@York
@AnyoneElse
AS002279_16.gif

"Look everyone! I'm Tarzan da~ don~!"

Don-chan began to swing around the vines, probably still with Kirby on his back.

"OLELELOLOLOLELELELOOOOO!!!!"
DonDonTickTickTickDonDonDonTick!

Don-chan does his best Tarzan yell at the top of his lungs (or lack thereof) as the sound of banging drums accompany it.

@Minerva @Lucky

@Crimson Spartan @Hida Tomonatsu @Ver @Jeremi

Ayane would look at the compass she had been given, and then towards the group.

"West." She said, heading off in that direction. She climbed a tree and drew her weapon, but still remained in sight of the group.

A curt nod followed by a turn of her head, and Makoto called out to the others, though mostly directing her attention to those who were still a little distracted, "Mika, Don-chan, come on! We're heading west."

@Everyone​

"Heh a little too much is just enough for me... I get the feeling it's the same for you though..." Hector replied confidently then stated the brute of an axeman displaying full confidence. However he knew she was every bit as strong as he was and felt the need to comment on it.

So west it is Hector moved along with the group Armads being his axe of choice currently with his hand axe close by in case he needed some range.

@Everyone,yo
"Wheee~" Don-chan follows the gang by swinging from vine to vine. "OOOOoooOOO!"
"Coming!" Mika ran after the group as they headed westwards through the jungle thicket. Soon enough they seemed to find a stomped out path from whatever large creatures that lived in this jungle. If they were lucky perhaps they could continue along one way or the other.

Ayane and Don-chan meanwhile who were going up top would notice something flying in the tree tops.

It looked like a vulture, which was kind of out of place in a jungle like this right? Don-chan's yelling seemed to attract the birds attention as it started flying towards the swinging drum. On top of that Ayane's intuition would tell her that...they were being watched.

@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crimson Spartan @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Sark @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay
"Ahahaha! Well, everything seems to be going along smoothly!" Goroh had fit through the pipe with relative ease, and was now taking the ground path. "We should be at our destination in no time!"

@Jeremi @Anyonelol
With a screech the vulture like bird tumbled down to the ground thanks to Don-chan ramming it. Friend or foe it seems like it was taken care of for now.

As Goroh said that they group could suddenly feel the entire ground...shake. Whatever was causing it seemed to be coming closer from the thicket just next to them. "You just had to say it didn't you?" Mika went into a fighting stance readying herself for whatever came through that jungle.

@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crimson Spartan @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Sark @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay
"Well, what was I supposed to say, huh? 'This is awful and I hope it gets worse?!'" Goroh still drew his katana, readying for what came out of the jungle. Nothing was ever easy, was it...

@Jeremi @Everyone​
"Woooooaaaaah!"

Don-chan was falling as he held Kirby by the feet.

@Lucky
"Can you two argue about this later? Something's coming and Don-chan and Kirby are in trouble, so focus!" Makoto barked at them while beginning to dash forward, hoping to get just under the talking drum set and puffball. Someone had to catch the little drum, and given everyone else was bickering while taking up fighting stances... well, not her cup of tea, but she'd be the one to catch them if she could help it.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky @Crow
When Makoto ran forward to catch Don and Kirby Hector also ran forward but only he went in front of her Armads at the ready. He knew something was coming and figured she might be in trouble if whatever was coming proved to be hostile. Hector decided that he was going to make sure that wouldn't come true and hoped that he'd be the first to engage whatever was coming at them. He was an axe fighter after all and loved a good fight. He just hoped she was able to catch them in time.

@Hida Tomonatsu @Yun Lee @Crow @Jeremi @Lucky
With the two things currently going on Mika opted to hold steady towards whatever was coming through the thicket. It had to be massive considering the earth itself was shaking and the trees themselves seemed to split in its presence. With the final steps it appeared from the jungle.

It was massive.

It was scary.

It was.

A man in boxing attire with a crown on his head. Evidently.

He just stood there for a long while lazily batting his eyes. "Uuuh..." Mika looked at the others in the group before turning towards the man. "Are you okay?"

No reply came as the man continued staring at the group.​

b7-9-1-bin-1.png

"A fellow boxer, huh? Of all the places to run into someone else like that..." Akihiko said, an eager smirk on his face as though pleased in some capacity by the appearance of the hulking man, if only for the telling boxing gloves he sported.

We're in for it now, regardless of whether he's friend or foe, the young man thought to himself, before stepping forward.

"Hey! Anyone home in there?" Akihiko went on, essentially echoing Mika's sentiment as he tried to get the man to react in any way at all.

@Jeremi @Crow @Crimson Spartan @Yun Lee @Hida Tomonatsu @Takumi @Everybody
At the mention of boxing the man seemed to perk up. "RAAGH!" The man uttered turning his attention towards Akihiko. The roar didn't seem to be a threat it was just an exclamation from the weird man towards a fellow boxer.

Mika leaned in to whisper into Akihiko's ear. "This guy's really weeeeird." Though since it was Mika it was still audible enough that the people around them heard her.

@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crimson Spartan @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay @Sark
Geno was clearly wary of the massive man, his palm open and raised towards him like a firearm, but seemed to look between Akihiko and the massive, hippo-esque boxer blocking their path. The puppet sneered, lowering his hand and glancing up at the silver-haired boxer.

15f0859a26ba54121c4fce8603a65f76.png

"You seem to remind him of someone, Akihiko," Geno motioned to the man's gloves. "He might be challenging you to a fight. Or he's just excited to see another boxer."

"... Or he's just blocking our path for no reason."

Geno didn't know anything about boxers and wasn't even really sure they existed in his world, but a fight is a fight; there's no way to misinterpret a challenge if it was there. Then again, it could be that this very large fellow is simply a confrontational person. For his own sake, perhaps it'd do better for his nature if he stopped eating so much.

Then again, it could be stress-eating. What if this man is just a deeply troubled fellow with no way to properly communicate his woes to anyone else without sounding like a hairless gorilla?

What if he is a hairless gorilla? This is a jungle, after all.

Geno shook his head and focused a steely gaze back on the situation.

@Jeremi @Crow @Crimson Spartan @Yun Lee @Hida Tomonatsu @Takumi @Everybody​
"That's the camaraderie between two boxers -- sportsmen, even -- at work. Or so, I'd like to think it's something like that," Akihiko said to Geno in an almost jovially haughty manner, but managed to restrain himself for whatever the group was expecting to happen in just a few moments, preparing for the worst but hoping for the best.

Not letting himself be perturbed by the man's animalistic roar -- after all, Akihiko had faced scarier than a big boy like him before -- the younger boxer raised up his hands, clenched into fists, and slowly approached forward, thinking to himself he probably looked like a tamer approaching a feral animal. Or, maybe he just looked plain stupid.

"From one fighter to another... Are you a friend or foe?" He tried to ask again, still intent on communicating civilly.

@Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Crow @Crimson Spartan @Hida Tomonatsu @Takumi @Everybody
"BLEH! HUHEU HRRM!" The man responded his eyes seemingly drilling themselves into Akihiko's very soul. The man raised his hands seemingly to indicate that he meant no harm, but as he did that Akihiko felt something very warm and sharp across his throat.

"King Hippo, might trust easy, but I do not."
A voice spoke as a girl materialized seemingly out of thin air in front of the group.

latest

She looked like a very young girl but there was a maturity in how she held herself, not much different from Akihiko who she currently had one of her weapons pointed at. "Who are you? Why are you disturbing this jungle?"

@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crimson Spartan @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay @Sark
When he arrived at the jungle with his new comrades, Link silently took in his new surroundings. His champion's tunic was a decent choice for the humid environment it seemed. The animals were quite large, and it's people even larger, judging by the beastly man before them. Comparing him to a Goron would be too easy. He seemed relatively docile, but his partner quickly revealed herself, and she wasn't nearly as trusting. Wanting to avoid any unnecessary fighting, Link went for a diplomatic approach.

maxresdefault.jpg

"Um..hello! I understand you probably don't get very many visitors, but we mean no harm. We are looking for...a special type of gem, and well, perhaps you and the uh...King, would be willing to help us?"

@Jeremi @everybodg

Hector at first prepared himself his body oddly relaxed as he prepared to swing at what was going to come out until the beast emerged. Hector held his stance a moment before deducing that the man was not hostile and so he lowered Armads. He listened to what was said around and was just about to ask about what boxing was until...

Well shit....

Hector saw the girl who now had a blade to one of his allies but despite this his smirk did not fade. He waited for Link to finish speaking before he spoke himself.

latest

"Heh.... Not bad at all.... Good skill and a healthy dose of suspicion. Good qualities of a spy if you ask me..." Hector speaks calmly remembering the spies he's met due to how Ostia operated its own spy network before all of this happened. He assessed the situation not lowering but also not readying his axe Armads. What Link said was in fact true but would she believe it...? Perhaps so perhaps not only time will tell after all.

'Name's Hector and he's right.... We're after a special type a gem. Seen any weird gems lately...?" Hector spoke calm and causal as ever....like the fact that she had a weapon pointed at one of his allies didn't even phase him. He knew he couldn't show weakness in this situation so he opted to stay calm.

@Jeremi @Ver @ShadowCoyote0 @EveryoneElse
"There are no gems here," The girl replied brusquely towards Link.

"Raagh Waugh!"

"At least not any that would gather such a crowd like yours." The laser blade continued to be held firm towards Akihiko's neck.

"As I said," She repeated herself. "There are no gems here."

"...!"

Geno was quick to tighten his posture as soon as he heard the girl's voice suddenly spoke out of thin air. Like a shell-shocked soldier hearing a gunshot, the star warrior raised an open palm towards the source of the sound, his hand shifting apart into little more than wooden plates that would reveal a smoking gun barrel embedded within his arm.

Geno's dull wooden eyes took a few moments to register the girl's face and voice. They widened once he'd put the pieces together in his mind, though fittingly, he didn't find it necessary to lower his arm cannon.

"... Shelke? You're alive? But, you--"

The memory was hazy and unclear, as he'd been confined to the sidelines during that battle, but Geno couldn't help but remember the last image he'd seen of that great battle before he'd blacked out along with Mallow.

There was silence between them. The girl has blades, and the puppet has guns. Of all the people from that incident for Shelke to announce her grand return to, Geno was just about the last person that needed to know that information. If only that cyborg guy were here, he'd probably drop his moody act to be happy about something for once.

"Are we going to do this 'hold our weapons at each other' thing a second time?" Geno blurted out, motioning to the space between their weapons with his free hand, but gestured his gun hand to Akihiko. "Ease off his throat. We're not here to cause any trouble. I just... I do not recall much from that battle, but my memory doesn't fail me - I saw you jump in front of a laser and get vaporized to save all of us."

"What are you doing in a jungle with this fellow?"
Geno motioned to King Hippo.

@Jeremi @Ver @Crimson Spartan @Whoever

The otherwise emotionless girls would eyes widened in surprise when she heard a familiar voice. "...Geno?" A travelling companion from a quest that seemed so long ago. Finally she relented her beam sabers vanished as she put the hilts on her hips. "I could perhaps ask you the same thing but...my answer is that I don't know. I thought I had died only to find myself among. It doesn't matter. What is this about gems?"

"Uh not to be that gal but," Mika walked up. "Aren't we on a s-e-c-r-e-t mission? Maybe they work for...them?"

To that King Hippo seemed to take umbrage as he roared at Mika stomping a few steps closer to her only to be stopped by Shelke. "I know what you are implying. We do not work for them, the scientists. When the... melding happened we fought their creations back as best we could. The jungle gave us some cover but then..." Shelke turned around like she had heard something but found nothing there. "There is something worse stalking these woods an-"

Again she turned around weapons ready to see what caused the rustling.

latest

A beaver like creature emerged from the undergrowth looking around confused.

The only thing the beaver had time to do was look up at Goroh before something massive devoured it whole.

It roared right in Goroh's face showing off it's wide assortment of very sharp teeth.

Mika pointed towards the beast. "Pretty sure it's that thing."

"Run," Shelke had seemed quite stoic before but when the monster revealed itself she sounded almost panicked. "Run!" Hoping that the others followed her lead she darted into the jungle.

"Raagh!" King Hippo exclaimed like he was beckoning the rest to follow.​

It's response was a swift one. The arrow managed to only hit its cheek, which seemed to only focus in on the person attacking it. With a roar it let out a massive stream of fire from its mouth towards Link and anyone who was foolish enough to stand in its way.

The beasts attention was changed once again but Hector would get another surprise when Mika hoisted him and then Link over her shoulders. "More running, less throwin'!" Mika shouted as she too headed after Shelke into the jungle. The loud roaring implied that the beast still haven't let off its chase as well as the crashing of trees.

Soon though the roaring became more and more distant as it seemed to have given up the chase. Mika however didn't stop running until she saw the rest of the group along with Shelke and King Hippo. She let Hector and Link down and gave both of them a hearty slap on their backs. "Had to save these guys before they became monster chow!"

"That was wise," Shelke replied. "While I believe there is a way to fell the beast, it has to happen on our terms and not its. I have seen so many hunters already fall to it, as well as the fauna of this jungle disappearing. It's a ravenous beast that eats anything and everything in its path. The natives call it Deviljho. While there are other beast like it roaming the jungle the Deviljho is damaging the people here as well as the jungle itself."

"So what are we supposed to do about it?"
She looked at the group, they had a mission to do that was already time sensitive after all.

Ayane meanwhile could see that the device around her wrist was beeping more faint and the arrow was pointing back to where they ran from.

"Perhaps...come."
Shelke beckoned for the group to follow her. "We might need a guide."

"Hey thanks for that. I wanted to take the heat off of Link before retreating myself but you saved us both." Hector spoke to Mika upon being let down the girl's actions and strength surprising the brutish axeman. For someone his size combined with the weight of another and Armads....to be lifted so easily...surely that was far beyond human capability. He should be embarrassed about being saved like that but he didn't care he was more impressed by her strength.

Ah right don't they have a mission to be on...? Though still with that thing back there causing so much havoc on not only the people but the area as well. Hector wanted to put a stop to the beast's rampage for sure. The axeman had faced down a fire breathing dragon before with his friends and a few others at his side. No doubt with a group like this he knew they could take it on but it was as Shelke said. This was a fight that needed to be fought on their terms not the monster's so for now he remained silent on that and followed Shelke.

Also he had his Hand Axe again....how he had gotten it back the world may never know (in reality it boomeranged back to him just before he was grabbed.)

@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay @Sark
b7-12-3-bin-1.png

"Tch, dammit all...!"

Along with Link and Hector, Akihiko considered staying behind to hold off the monster to buy the others time to escape, but all things considered, he questioned the wisdom of creating stragglers within the group, inadvertently splitting themselves up even if just for a small moment. They'd need someone to coordinate them all, and as highly as he thought of her, the young man didn't think Alia would be able to manage everyone all by herself, really.

Hmph. Who said high school didn't teach you useful life skills? Akihiko never really wanted to be so haughty as to presume himself the leader type, but simultaneously, he didn't quite believe most others could handle that kind of responsibility. Maybe Mitsuru rubbed off on him more than he expected. Or him...

Of course, before he could even think to draw his Evoker, it seemed Mika was a step ahead of him, hoisting up the two stragglers over her shoulders. Well, that took care of that then. No more time to waste then! With that, he hightailed out of the area along with the others until they had managed to reach safety eventually.

Once he was caught up with the others and the newcomers, the young boxer furrowed his brow. "A Deviljho, huh? Doesn't quite roll off the tongue so well," he commented as Shelke explained what exactly they were up against. "If it's as tough as you say it is, then I guess it goes without saying, we'd be better off avoiding it as much as we can then."

As Shelke took the lead from there, Akihiko lightly pursed his lips, but said nothing more, only nodding silently as he followed.

@Jeremi @Crimson Spartan @ShadowCoyote0 @Lucky @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Hida Tomonatsu @Everybody
Just when they were a safe enough distance away from that monster, Silver landed on the ground after basically flying away using his psychic abilities, breathing heavily from the strain of using his powers so much in such little time.

❝ Hah.... hah... never... again... ❞ He sounded extremely exhausted.

@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crimson Spartan @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay @Sark @Jeremi
Mika grinned at Hector as she huffed for some air. "Hey no problem! It gave me a bit of work out at the same time! You could say I was carrying a pretty wide load with that armor of yours!"

"RAUGH RAUGH!"
King Hippo replied to his fellow pugilist.

"But the name should say more than enough despite it," Shelke replied as they walked through the jungle. "Yes, I have been trying to help the humans that arrived here during the melding...but the ferociousness of the beast. Some times it feels like it hunts only for sport."

"Oh that's neat!" Mika exclaimed at Silver using his powers. "There's an Indian guy back home that does that flying stuff too!" Otherwise the journey continued on without much of a trouble when they finally came to another clearing with a single tree and a hut in it.

latest

King Hippo lumbered up to the tree. "GRAH HUH? RAUGH RAUGH!" It was quite for awhile before the group heard some rumbling from above and the door burst open revealing its resident.

The gorilla bellowed a friendly greeting to the ones bellow before jumping down and landing with a heavy thud. "Everyone, this is Donkey Kong."

Donkey Kong looked at the group with suspicion for a moment before turning towards King Hippo who nodded to the gorilla who then grinned widely at the group.

"Don't see a gorilla with a tie that often,"
Mika said to no one in particular.​

@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay @Sark
"Donkey... Kong?"

Geno blinked, crossing his arms and squinting at the gleeful ape as if he'd recognized him. The puppet couldn't help but recognize him, even though he'd never really been in the jungle or interacted with anything remotely resembling an ape. Then, as Geno looked Donkey Kong up and down once more, an image popped into his head.

super-mario-rpg-bowser-png-3.png

"...I see."

Geno's face has always been rather static, given his personality and the fact that his chosen vessel is crafted from mere wood, but he was very clearly disturbed for a brief moment before he shook the image out of his head. Geno then looked up to the Kong with some renewed courtesy. "Good to meet you, Donkey Kong, you can call me Geno. Thank you for letting us use your treehouse--"

Suddenly, a rustling noise cut Geno's introduction short.

A second later, and the Primid was now staring down the barrel of a gun. A living doll, dressed in an ornate blue-and-gold cloak, aimed down the stranger with a cannon-like weapon that his hand had transformed into.

0b3fc422501475de653d4ec8575d3e93.png

"State your business, stranger."

Shelke rubbed off on him, it seems.

@Jeremi @Jackythejack @Lucky @Crimson Spartan @Whoever
Oh, that’s...that’s quite a barrel there. Primid’s eyes widened and it began to shake. It was clearly nervous as it took several steps back and showed the puppet the little device it was given so it knew where everyone was. It pointed rapidly at the device, and then at itself, and then the puppet.

Just to further get the point across, the Primid poked itself in the chest, made a walking motion with its fingers, pointed at Geno again, and then pointed at the device once more. The device led it here! It was no problem! The lady gave it this device so it wouldn’t get...horribly lost..

@CrunchyCHEEZIT

"C'mon you two..." Hector spoke up stepping in between the Primid, Geno, and Kirby.

hector_fire-emblem_pictureboxart_160w.jpg

"Is this really how you treat a new comrade...?" Hector spoke casually holding Armads as he did. He had picked up on the Primid's frantic movements and figured it was an ally. Perhaps it was that last member that was running late before they got here.

@Jeremi @Jackythejack @Lucky @CrunchyCHEEZIT @EveryoneElse

Moon, who was totally running with the group the whole time, momentarily wondered about the tie-wearing gorilla, but on the other hand there were stranger creatures to think about. They just usually didn't live in a tree house. Or any kind of house, for that matter.

That aside, the matter remained about the strange, mute green thing.

jU9bPq1.png

"We should at least be wary of it," she noted to Hector. "But since it hasn't attacked yet we can at least not be hostile, right?"

She pulled down on Geno's arm, trying to get him to lower his weapon.

@Crimson Spartan @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jackythejack @Jeremi @Lucky
b7-8-3-bin-1.png

"... There's a lot to unpack here," Akihiko could only say as they met the... individual known as Donkey Kong, before indeed, another green little thing showed up. And he was sad to say that he was almost used to it all by now. After all, in a place like this, anything goes.

To King Hippo, the younger man cocked a brow. "Friend of yours?" He could only ask, gesturing briefly toward Donkey Kong. That wasn't rude, was it? No, no...

@Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Jackythejack @Lucky @Crimson Spartan @Hida Tomonatsu @Everybody
Princess Elise
@Ver @Minerva @dark @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crimson Spartan @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay @Sark

Elise listened carefully to Silver's explanation, blinking a few times as he mentioned traveling through time before the Melding. Perhaps the reason for her jumbled memories had something to do with time travel? Maybe that's why she thought Silver was so familiar, but she looked a little embarassed again when Silver asked if she knew him.

UlDTRV6.png

"I... Don't know. But I feel like I should." She said quietly, putting a hand to her mouth as she thought to herself for a moment.

"I'm Elise. I remember I'm a Princess, but not much more." She added.

Unfortunately, they would have little time to get to know each other as they would soon move to that warp pipe, and from there, things began to unravel.

A jungle full of various creatures, new people, both friendly and hostile... A giant draconic looking creature that she barely escaped with the others, using her powers sparingly. Most of her effort was however concentrated on keeping calm, or at least not crying, until they got to Donkey Kong, and the supposed safety of their tree top hideout.

At least until the arrival of a stranger which everyone was cautious of, causing Elise's heart to leap in fear.

Fortunately though, so far they seemed relatively friendly, and she herself still had a pressing question on her mind.

"Do you think that monster will find us?" She asked, her voice wavering a little as she tried her best to remain calm and composed.​

"You could call Master Dhalsim by his real name, you know," Makoto called out to Mika while keeping close to her, picking a branch out of her hair from where they had been running. First a chubby boxer, then a cyber ninja girl, and now a gorilla that wore a tie... "Lets be fair, we don't usually see a talking drum set either," She huffed before waving a hand at Donkey Kong, hoping to play nice with him, "Makoto."

@Jeremi

"Oh is that his name?"
Mika wondered. "I didn't remember what it was."

Donkey Kong responded to Makoto's wave with a thumbs up. Despite being a gorilla he seemed at least intelligent enough to understand human speech.

"Donkey... Kong?"

Geno blinked, crossing his arms and squinting at the gleeful ape as if he'd recognized him. The puppet couldn't help but recognize him, even though he'd never really been in the jungle or interacted with anything remotely resembling an ape. Then, as Geno looked Donkey Kong up and down once more, an image popped into his head.

super-mario-rpg-bowser-png-3.png

"...I see."

Geno's face has always been rather static, given his personality and the fact that his chosen vessel is crafted from mere wood, but he was very clearly disturbed for a brief moment before he shook the image out of his head. Geno then looked up to the Kong with some renewed courtesy. "Good to meet you, Donkey Kong, you can call me Geno. Thank you for letting us use your treehouse--"

Suddenly, a rustling noise cut Geno's introduction short.

A second later, and the Primid was now staring down the barrel of a gun. A living doll, dressed in an ornate blue-and-gold cloak, aimed down the stranger with a cannon-like weapon that his hand had transformed into.

0b3fc422501475de653d4ec8575d3e93.png

"State your business, stranger."

Shelke rubbed off on him, it seems.

@Jeremi @Jackythejack @Lucky @Crimson Spartan @Whoever

Donkey Kong came in for a hearty slap on the puppets back and a shake of his hand being quite jovial in his interaction with Geno. As the Primid showed up he and Shelke seemed a bit weary. "I echo Geno's statement," The girl said.

Incredibly excited to be recognize as a freaking ally for the first time since it showed up, the Primid nodded energetically and pointed at Hector. This was correct. This was very much correct!

@Crimson Spartan @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Lucky @Jeremi

"Hey look at that!" Mika pointed at the device that the Primid was holding. It seemed to be beeping similarly to the device around Ayane's wrist. "Oh wait! Didn't Alia say she was waiting on someone? What if it was this little fella?"

b7-8-3-bin-1.png

King Hippo let out a snort and nodded. He put up his hands and let out a few jabs before grinning pointing at Donkey Kong afterwards.

Princess Elise
@Ver @Minerva @dark @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crimson Spartan @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay @Sark

Elise listened carefully to Silver's explanation, blinking a few times as he mentioned traveling through time before the Melding. Perhaps the reason for her jumbled memories had something to do with time travel? Maybe that's why she thought Silver was so familiar, but she looked a little embarassed again when Silver asked if she knew him.

UlDTRV6.png

"I... Don't know. But I feel like I should." She said quietly, putting a hand to her mouth as she thought to herself for a moment.

Unfortunately, they would have little time to get to know each other as they would soon move to that warp pipe, and from there, things began to unravel.

A jungle full of various creatures, new people, both friendly and hostile... A giant draconic looking creature that she barely escaped with the others, using her powers sparingly. Most of her effort was however concentrated on keeping calm, or at least not crying, until they got to Donkey Kong, and the supposed safety of their tree top hideout.

At least until the arrival of a stranger which everyone was cautious of, causing Elise's heart to leap in fear.

Fortunately though, so far they seemed relatively friendly, and she herself still had a pressing question on her mind.

"Do you think that monster will find us?" She asked, her voice wavering a little as she tried her best to remain calm and composed.​

"It hasn't ventured out this far, but it's no doubt only a matter of time."
Shelke turned her attention towards Elise ignoring the newcomer for the time being. "There are other similar creatures in the jungle now but those have territories that they rarely venture out from. This one goes wherever it wants and eats anything that comes its way. This jungle wont have peace until its killed. It's just...very tenacious."

@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay @Sark @Jackythejack

Princess Elise

UlDTRV6.png

"Oh is that his name?" Mika wondered. "I didn't remember what it was."

Donkey Kong responded to Makoto's wave with a thumbs up. Despite being a gorilla he seemed at least intelligent enough to understand human speech.

Donkey Kong came in for a hearty slap on the puppets back and a shake of his hand being quite jovial in his interaction with Geno. As the Primid showed up he and Shelke seemed a bit weary. "I echo Geno's statement," The girl said.

"Hey look at that!" Mika pointed at the device that the Primid was holding. It seemed to be beeping similarly to the device around Ayane's wrist. "Oh wait! Didn't Alia say she was waiting on someone? What if it was this little fella?"

King Hippo let out a snort and nodded. He put up his hands and let out a few jabs before grinning pointing at Donkey Kong afterwards.

"It hasn't ventured out this far, but it's no doubt only a matter of time."
Shelke turned her attention towards Elise ignoring the newcomer for the time being. "There are other similar creatures in the jungle now but those have territories that they rarely venture out from. This one goes wherever it wants and eats anything that comes its way. This jungle wont have peace until its killed. It's just...very tenacious."

@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay @Sark @Jackythejack

Makoto tilted her head to the side, considering what Shelke had to say about the creature. It was certainly a troublesome thing to deal with... but did they have time to deal with it? They couldn't exactly put their main mission on hold just to hunt down a monster that had spooked them earlier.

Yeah, but how long could it really take to deal with? "Then why don't we find it and take it down? Like you said, it's going out of its way to terrorize the jungle, more than predators should around here for survival. If it keeps doing that, it'll make things so bad that even the predators won't be able to survive."

@Jeremi @York

The Primid was a little more than fearful about everyone still...looking at it and trying to figure out if it was friend or foe, so fearful in fact that it couldn’t even think up a response to Kirby and instead focused on everyone else. It shook the beeping device around wildly, and then pointed at Ayane after noticing she had one of those devices on her wrist. It then pointed at Mika and nodded energetically.

After hearing talk about taking down a monster, though, Primid would glance to Makoto and tilted its head, incredibly confused. Wait, we’re they already going to fight things? Because if so it could totally do that! As...as long as that thing they’re fighting isn’t the Primid.

@Hida Tomonatsu @Jeremi @York @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Makoto tilted her head to the side, considering what Shelke had to say about the creature. It was certainly a troublesome thing to deal with... but did they have time to deal with it? They couldn't exactly put their main mission on hold just to hunt down a monster that had spooked them earlier.

Yeah, but how long could it really take to deal with? "Then why don't we find it and take it down? Like you said, it's going out of its way to terrorize the jungle, more than predators should around here for survival. If it keeps doing that, it'll make things so bad that even the predators won't be able to survive."

@Jeremi @York

Shelke had a solemn look on her face as she addressed Makoto. "While your would be appreciate in felling the beast, whatever your mission is seems like an important one and we can't ask of you all to halt it just for our sake."

Donkey Kong nodded it seemed that their new friends didn't want the group to put themselves into any more necessary danger that they already were in.

@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay @Sark @Jackythejack

Shelke had a solemn look on her face as she addressed Makoto. "While your would be appreciate in felling the beast, whatever your mission is seems like an important one and we can't ask of you all to halt it just for our sake."

Donkey Kong nodded it seemed that their new friends didn't want the group to put themselves into any more necessary danger that they already were in.

@Ver @Minerva @dark @York @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay @Sark @Jackythejack

"Well, yeah, it's pretty important... but what's also important is that we help you all out as well!" Makoto countered with a pump of her fist, clearly not willing to take no for an answer on this. Probably because, when she told this story later to Ibuki and Elena, both of them would be upset she didn't help out the people around her instead of getting too focused on the job again. Well, that, and Elena would be mad she didn't get a picture with Donkey Kong probably, "All of us are trying to help out the people affected by this whole disaster by going on this mission. So in a way, by helping you all out with this beast, we're accomplishing our mission as well!"

@Jeremi

Moon, who was totally running with the group the whole time, momentarily wondered about the tie-wearing gorilla, but on the other hand there were stranger creatures to think about. They just usually didn't live in a tree house. Or any kind of house, for that matter.

That aside, the matter remained about the strange, mute green thing.

jU9bPq1.png

"We should at least be wary of it," she noted to Hector. "But since it hasn't attacked yet we can at least not be hostile, right?"

She pulled down on Geno's arm, trying to get him to lower his weapon.

@Crimson Spartan @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jackythejack @Jeremi @Lucky

"Makes sense.......It looks like it couldn't hurt a fly if you ask me but if it help i'll keep an eye on it..." Hector speaks addressing Moon before listening to Makoto and Shelke.

@Kaykay @Jackythejack

"Well, yeah, it's pretty important... but what's also important is that we help you all out as well!" Makoto countered with a pump of her fist, clearly not willing to take no for an answer on this. Probably because, when she told this story later to Ibuki and Elena, both of them would be upset she didn't help out the people around her instead of getting too focused on the job again. Well, that, and Elena would be mad she didn't get a picture with Donkey Kong probably, "All of us are trying to help out the people affected by this whole disaster by going on this mission. So in a way, by helping you all out with this beast, we're accomplishing our mission as well!"

@Jeremi

"Gonna have to agree with Makoto on this one. Sorry but I just can't simply let this go...not when it's out there killing people. " Well it seemed like Hector knew what he wanted to do now. He knew if Eliwood and Lyn were here right now they'd also want to put an end to that monster. Though planning for this kind of battle wouldn't be easy and it made Hector wish Mark were here. After all that tactician always seemed to know what to do no matter the situation. Hector could only hope that he was still out there somewhere.
"We'll need a map.....then we can get started on a plan to bring this beast down..." Hector spoke thinking for a moment about how they could pull this off.

@Hida Tomonatsu @Jeremi

Last edited:
"Yeah, let's take that thing down!" Samurai Goroh grinned as if he hadn't turned and ran at the thing. If they fought it, he'd have an excuse to save face and kill the stupid thing for humiliating him like that. "We just gotta get the edge on hin, that's all!"

@Jeremi @Everyone​

@Jeremi

"Makes sense.......It looks like it couldn't hurt a fly if you ask me but if it help i'll keep an eye on it..." Hector speaks addressing Moon before listening to Makoto and Shelke.

@Kaykay @Jackythejack

"Gonna have to agree with Makoto on this one. Sorry but I just can't simply let this go...not when it's out there killing people. " Well it seemed like Hector knew what he wanted to do now. He knew if Eliwood and Lyn were here right now they'd also want to put an end to that monster. Though planning for this kind of battle wouldn't be easy and it made Hector wish Mark were here. After all that tactician always seemed to know what to do no matter the situation. Hector could only hope that he was still out there somewhere.
"We'll need a map.....then we can get started on a plan to bring this beast down..." Hector spoke thinking for a moment about how they could pull this off.

@Hida Tomonatsu @Jeremi
"Yeah, let's take that thing down!" Samurai Goroh grinned as if he hadn't turned and ran at the thing. If they fought it, he'd have an excuse to save face and kill the stupid thing for humiliating him like that. "We just gotta get the edge on hin, that's all!"

@Jeremi @Everyone​

"Yeah!" Mika nodded vigorously with the others. "It wouldn't feel right just leaving you guys to deal with it on your own!"

"I, we, appreciate it," Shelke replied as she looked over to King Hippo and Donkey Kong. "It will be easy to find, just follow the path of destruction that it's created, but we have to get it to follow us to a specific spot, follow me." Once again Shelke lead them into the jungle this time a slightly different path from what they had taken before. Soon enough they came to another clearing where the ground had been tampered with. Brushing aside some of the foliage from the ground Shelke revealed a massive pit with wooden spikes protruding upwards.

"We've had a trap to spring for awhile, but not even this would be enough to keep it down for long, but now with all of you combined with our trap. Perhaps the jungle will finally know peace."

Donkey Kong clapped his hands excitedly. Seemed like he was ready to see this showdown happen.

Last edited:
"Yeah!" Mika nodded vigorously with the others. "It wouldn't feel right just leaving you guys to deal with it on your own!"

"I, we, appreciate it," Shelke replied as she looked over to King Hippo and Donkey Kong. "It will be easy to find, just follow the path of distraction that it's created, but we have to get it to follow us to a specific spot, follow me." Once again Shelke lead them into the jungle this time a slightly different path from what they had taken before. Soon enough they came to another clearing where the ground had been tampered with. Brushing aside some of the foliage from the ground Shelke revealed a massive pit with wooden spikes protruding upwards.

"We've had a trap to spring for awhile, but not even this would be enough to keep it down for long, but now with all of you combined with our trap. Perhaps the jungle will finally know peace."

Donkey Kong clapped his hands excitedly. Seemed like he was ready to see this showdown happen.

Yurick stared down at the trap for the beast, a hand on his hip where his dagger rested comfortably.

"Do you know if it has any weaknesses at all? As in, seeing any type of magic effect it even a little?" He asked, and while he wasnt expecting the answer he wanted, he didnt expect his fire magic to do much either. That thing spewed flames, which were the mercenary's personal element after all.

@Jeremi @York @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Minerva @dar @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Kaykay @Sark @Jackythejack

"I, we, appreciate it," Shelke replied as she looked over to King Hippo and Donkey Kong. "It will be easy to find, just follow the path of distraction that it's created, but we have to get it to follow us to a specific spot, follow me." Once again Shelke lead them into the jungle this time a slightly different path from what they had taken before. Soon enough they came to another clearing where the ground had been tampered with. Brushing aside some of the foliage from the ground Shelke revealed a massive pit with wooden spikes protruding upwards.

Yurick stared down at the trap for the beast, a hand on his hip where his dagger rested comfortably.

"Do you know if it has any weaknesses at all? As in, seeing any type of magic effect it even a little?" He asked, and while he wasnt expecting the answer he wanted, he didnt expect his fire magic to do much either. That thing spewed flames, which were the mercenary's personal element after all.

@Jeremi @York @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Minerva @dar @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Hida Tomonatsu @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Kaykay @Sark @Jackythejack

"Grisly..." Makoto muttered as she peered around Hector and down into the gnarly pit of death. Yet even this wouldn't have kept the beast down for long? "Well, good thing we're getting involved then! It's time to show this beast that it can't just keep destroying the natural state of things!" With that, the tomboy looked to Shelke and nodded, "Right, do we just make ourselves look like juicy targets to get it to chase us, or is there anything in particular that riles it up?"

@Crimson Spartan @Takumi @Jeremi

The Primid realized that everyone was talking about bringing down some mighty beast. It admittedly got a little bit excited about that. Oh man, it’s gonna get to see combat? With a bunch of teammates that probably know what they’re doing? Sign it up!

The Primid would follow everyone off to this strange trap that they set up. The Primid really didn’t know anything about traps or animals or big mighty beasts, but what it did know was that it had a weapon, and it was gonna use it!

Suddenly, out of seemingly nowhere, the Primid pulled out a super scope and aimed down the sights to seek out any of these big ol’ monsters they were trying to hunt down.

"Anything you have," Shelke began counting down points. "Head, belly and tail. Basically any soft spot and use what you think will be most effective. The hunters in the area were not very informative of any specific weaknesses."

"Grisly..." Makoto muttered as she peered around Hector and down into the gnarly pit of death. Yet even this wouldn't have kept the beast down for long? "Well, good thing we're getting involved then! It's time to show this beast that it can't just keep destroying the natural state of things!" With that, the tomboy looked to Shelke and nodded, "Right, do we just make ourselves look like juicy targets to get it to chase us, or is there anything in particular that riles it up?"

@Crimson Spartan @Takumi @Jeremi

Donkey Kong gave Makoto a holler and a wink. "I believe he has it covered." With that DK vanished into the jungle in front of them. "If DK believes that he has better chances alone then I will trust his judgement, find a place to hide. The Deviljho isn't dumb and if it spots us the trap will fail."

There was enough jungle to hide in, be it by climbing up a tree or laying hidden in the undergrowth. Shelke covered the pit again as she went into position. "Remember the pit will not hold it for long. If you have long range equipment I suggest you use them, otherwise do your best to stay away from its attacks."

"Anything you have," Shelke began counting down points. "Head, belly and tail. Basically any soft spot and use what you think will be most effective. The hunters in the area were not very informative of any specific weaknesses."

Donkey Kong gave Makoto a holler and a wink. "I believe he has it covered." With that DK vanished into the jungle in front of them. "If DK believes that he has better chances alone then I will trust his judgement, find a place to hide. The Deviljho isn't dumb and if it spots us the trap will fail."

There was enough jungle to hide in, be it by climbing up a tree or laying hidden in the undergrowth. Shelke covered the pit again as she went into position. "Remember the pit will not hold it for long. If you have long range equipment I suggest you use them, otherwise do your best to stay away from its attacks."

Hector understood what needed to be done. Thankfully it seemed a plan had already been put in place which made things easier so Hector decided to go with it laying in some undergrowth to hide his bulky armor. After all he doubted climbing a tree would work since he'd be even more noticeable up there.

He simply waited for the right opportunity to strike. Being a melee fighter Hector would need to get in close and he knew it but knowing the fate Durban told him that awaited him upon taking Armads he wasn't so worried about it. Maybe it was just his confidence but he felt like he'd be fine.

Hector understood what needed to be done. Thankfully it seemed a plan had already been put in place which made things easier so Hector decided to go with it laying in some undergrowth to hide his bulky armor. After all he doubted climbing a tree would work since he'd be even more noticeable up there.

He simply waited for the right opportunity to strike. Being a melee fighter Hector would need to get in close and he knew it but knowing the fate Durban told him that awaited him upon taking Armads he wasn't so worried about it. Maybe it was just his confidence but he felt like he'd be fine.

"Guess I'm gonna have to jump in after it..." Makoto muttered quietly while sending DK off with a wave. Well, not the weirdest fight she would ever be in; once you get wrapped up in fighting Shadaloo and ninjas every other day, you really just got used to this sort of thing. Either way, she took up a spot in one of the trees so she could pounce on the beast once it fell for the trap, keeping hidden among the leaves after giving Hector one final thumbs-up.

@Jeremi @Crimson Spartan

After a while of staring intently into the vast nothingness of the jungle, scope at the ready and trigger finger itching to be scratched , the Primid...got bored. It let out a silent sigh and it’s shoulders slumped. It would have frowned if it had a mouth. What a cruel existence...

Dark particles were coming off of the creature as it looked around. It’s eyes glanced to Ayane, who was one of the few people to actually sorta kind of help it when everyone else wanted to kill it. It’s eyes lit up slightly and it brought a hand up to wave.

@Minerva

As everyone went into position and hid themselves in the jungle a strange silence seemed to envelope the area. Where there once had been bird song and screeching was nothing. Nothing except the loud crashing of trees that was getting louder and louder.

There! DK came swinging into the opening with the Deviljho right behind him! The Deviljho roared in anger as time seemed to slow down as it tried to bite down on the heroic gorilla only to end up short and fall into the pit roaring in pain as the wooden spikes pierced its body.

"Now! Quickly!" Shelke shouted from her treetop vantage as she leaped down her beam sabers lighting up in that bright orange color. Even as she said that though the Deviljho was already crawling out of the pit, hurt but still clearly ready for a round 2.​

"All right!" Goroh leapt into action, running at the monster. Opting to attack from the side so as to avoid the monster's fiery breath, he made a swing at the Deviljho's belly!

@Jeremi @Everyone​

Of course it happened the moment that it put its guard down. The Primid’s eyes widened and it grabbed its Super Scope once more before aiming at the general direction of the monster and slamming down on the trigger multiple times to release several balls of energy.

@Jeremi @Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back